Starfinder Defense Force

Game Master Edward Sobel

A homebrew Starfinder game


1 to 50 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Each of you have received a notice from your applicable commanding officer. you are each to report to S.D.F expeditionary battalion HQ briefing room 3.

report to Colonel Arvin for a special assignment.

you each reach the briefing room, and are awaiting for Colonel Arvin to arrive for the mission briefing.

you may introduce yourselves and converse until the Colonel arrives.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis, Corporal, Rapid Response. The being speaking is a battered android, more cyber than bio. Some of the parts appear to be of exceptional quality, the others, more recent perhaps, appear to be salvage. So, did we all screw up or do the higher ups have something extra special in store for us? His left "eye" begins making a loud whine and changes colors rapidly. He clenches his fist and bangs the side of his head a few times, until it returns to normal. Fekking goblins. He grumbles.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"That is why I would never purchase anything from goblins that is meant to go inside my body." says the tall and lanky Elf as he entered the briefing room. He was wearing civilian clothes, well cut and decently stylish. "My name is Fenrus, and I am a spellcaster, as are most of my people. To answer your earlier query, I have yet to fail an assigned mission, so I doubt that we are being pulled here to answer for disciplinary punishment." he finishes and he takes a seat, crosses his left leg over his right, and then wraps his hands with fingers locked around his left knee and appeared to be waiting for something.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

A dark blue shirren wearing formal attire enters the room, his antennae flicking side to side and introduces himself telepathically. ”Hi everyone, I’m K’teskt.” He takes a seat, and muses ”So, if we didn’t screw anything up, seems like the Colonel has something special in mind for us…” He trails off.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis glares at Fenrus and begins to respond but stops when K'teskt enters.


M Human Operative 2

A tall, dark-skinned man makes himself known in the room. He may have been there a while, it's hard to say. "Stagg's the name. I'm just a regular grunt from, eh, acquisitions."


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis pulls out a small electronics kit and begins tinkering with something.

Engineering rank 1 to ID:
Yep, that's a small bomb.:)
"So, anyone else seen the test footage on the new Mark II Jarlslayer?"


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

"Oh, yeah. That thing's a beast." K'teskt then turns to Stagg and asks "I'm guessing you don't know why we're all here?"


just awaiting for one more. Kek I believe


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

The next being to enter is another Shirren, this one showing no small amount of discomfort or irritation as it is shown in.

It takes your measure, one by one, before speaking in fractured Common.

"Travellers greeting. Kek-jikek, though Kek just! We are here why?"

K'teskt:
Telepathically:
"Well met friend."

Sorry folks, missed the opening of the threads until; just now...


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"Given that we are a diverse group of Starfinder agents, we're likely being sent on some sort of mission. this then beggars the question though; What specialty and abilities do each of you bring to the table?"


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

"Kek brings quickness and firepower, when Kek is armed thus." The shirren is noticeably puzzled.

"The table - where is it?"


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt telepathically explains what “bring to the table” means to the newcomer before offering up ”Well, I’m pretty good with computers and machines and that sort of thing.”


M Human Operative 2

"I'm just a regular guy," Stagg grins.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis doesn't bother to look up from his project. "The application of force in all of its beautiful forms. Plus specialist training in demolitions, first aid and piloting."


As you are discussing the door to the briefing room opens. a guard steps in yelling, Attention on Deck!

behind the guard Colonel Arvin enters, at ease. everyone have a seat

behind the colonel another man enters

he address the group as he enters. And all of those skills will be useful. but I do hope you are prepared for the most extreme unexpected.

Colonel Arvin in a young looking human bald head and an eye patch over his left eye.

SDF uniform design

Once you are all seated, we can begin.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Like we bother to stand for this child.
"Of course, Colonel. How can we assist?"


Once everyone is seated,

First off let me introduce you to Dr. Mortimer, The lead scientific adviser of the expeditionary Battalion.

Dr. Mortimer nods in your direction.

Now, each of you have been selected for a mission on the outer fringes of the Tabori Cluster. close to the borders of the Azlanti Empire.

Arvin pulls up a virtual 3D map of the Tabori Cluster. Sources have relayed to us that a worm hole rift has opened on this sector of the cluster. Indicating the location on the map.

Investigation of this worm hole, we discovered a two planet star system. We have labeled this new system as the Telos system. We sent a drop team to investigate the larger of the two worlds. initial communications with the team after the drop indicated the world is habitable but is a rocky ice world.

Telos landscape

Several Drift beacons were deployed. However, they are not activated. Our last transmission from the Drop team said than some sort structure was discovered and were going to investigate. they activated the beacons but within a few hours the beacons all fell silent. all communication with the drop team have been lost.


After a brief pause.

you have been selected to accompany dr. Mortimer here and locate the drop team. and if possible activate the drift beacons.

In short, this a search and rescue mission.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt twitches his antennae idly while examining the map, trying to memorize any sort of landmarks. ”How much time do we have before we leave, and will any sort of equipment or tents be supplied?”


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Kek waits for the Colonel to answer K'test, then makes his won query.

"Kek understands. Was any intelligent life-form encountered? Hazards? The drop-team communicated anything of value to our mission?"


Dr. Mortimer answers first, All necessary equipment will be on board my ship. My assistant will see to it that you have the necessary gear for this trip.

Arven then adds, No information is available. all contact was lost before such info could be sent. The drop command ship should be in orbit but we have had no contact with that either.


M Human Operative 2

"Well, it doesn't sound boring ..."


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

"At least we know where and when. That is more than a lot of assignments." Vicis shrugs. "When do we ship out?"


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Fenrus' eyes glaze over momentarily, and then he nods (to no one in particular) and says "I will be more than happy to accompany this mission and lend my expertise."


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Kek pauses as if unsure of what the next step is in this conversation.

"I am ready."


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Since we have already lost one team, and presumably, the ship in orbit, what do we have for specs on your ship Doc?


I understand your concern, Mortimer responds, the ship is much smaller than the drop command ship. The Phantom was, acquired from the Azlanti Empire. She will be just fine.


link to ship control sheet

ship picture


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis goes over the ship in detail, putting far more effort in to studying it than he has any of his new team mates.

Light and fast with some serious firepower in the forward arc. I like it. Should be able to punch way above her weight class if we have a good enough pilot.

I can handle piloting or gunnery well. Can do a C+ job of engineering if we get desperate.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt is equally good with science officer or engineer.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

I can make a passable captain if needs be. Otherwise, it's gunner (since most of my skills are ground-based.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Right, so other than it being cold and near the Imps, we are going in blind. Vicis's eye takes this moment to fail again. After more banging and cursing he continues. If there is nothing else, lets get to it.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"What equipment are we going to be provided with?" asks Fenrus almost as an afterthought.


cold weather gear, and a cargo hold of equipment to get the drift beacons operable.

Colonel Arvin adds, Once the beacons are on-line we can send reinforcements.

He continues, Dr. Mortimer's ship is equipped with Azlanti transponder codes. They may be able to lock on to the exact location of Telos. Once there, I suggest getting the beacons on-line then head to the surface to find out what happened to the drop team.


My assistant can provide any assistance with the repairs. I do assume at least one of you is skilled in computers and engineering. Dr. Mortimer continues.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"That is not my skillset." says Fenrus.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

"I should be able to handle any issues of that kind we come across."


dr. Mortimer waits a few seconds if there are any more question before moving on.

very well then, The ship is on docking bay 4. Miss Waverider, my assistant will be on board. please mind the dog when you board.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

If possible, K’teskt will pick up an industrial backpack before we ship out.


no problem. with the purchase as long as you have the creds.


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

Vicis shudders as he mutters "Dogs" before making his way to docking bay 4.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

As Mortimer begins speaking, Fenrus nods his head as if checking off checkboxes. He then goes to his quarters and collects his pack, including his journal, before making for the Docking bays.


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Kek stows their various weapons about their person, and heads off, slightly shadowing Vicis, who seems to know where he is going.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt stops by a store to buy a backpack for the expedition, then heads to docking bay 4.


M Human Operative 2

Stagg is ready.


You make your way to the docking bay. the ship is not as big as you thought but it still seems capable. its design is nothing like anything you have seen before.

there is a ramp leading up to a door to gain access to the ship, as you approach, the door opens and a human girl exits . she is dressed in a black jumpsuit and a dark brown leather jacket.

she can't be much older than 15 from what you can tell. she carries a datapad type computer. welcome aboard the Phantom. My name is Melody, The Doc's assistant.

culture check DC 20:

you think you have seen her before somewhere, she looks a lot like a guitar player in a local pop band

she comes down to meet you guys when behind her a hovering robotic dog floats along behind her.

Oh yeah, this is Rex. He is the Doc's dog

greetings the dog says in a monotone robotic voice.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Yay obliviousness

Oh, OK, a proper dog. Vicis smirks, without registering that Melody could be confused and offended by his comment.


M Human Operative 2

culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19"Little young to be at such work, aren't you?"

1 to 50 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / S.D.F mission room All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.