Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Six people find themselves deep in the outer rim with nothing but blank memories, looted clothing, a stolen ship and more questions than all put together.


101 to 150 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Jerrn glares at the man. "Well, Smiley, if yer offerin' I'll take it."


Game Closed

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Six eyes Jerrn and the Sith in turn, and draws his blasters. "Damn, it just can't be easy, can it?"


The Sith slowly crushes the middle of the blue lightsaber as you all look on; the blade flickers and shorts out with a fizzt. He seems to be drawing pleasure from Jerrn's outrage, but his enjoyment falters falters after a few seconds.
"Pah. I cannot even feel his hate through all this ... interferance."
He drops the lightsaber to the deck as he turns and heads to the central turbolift; It slowly rolls to the edge of the catwalk and stops, just teetering on the edge.
"Just exterminate the vermin, and find those bombs! None of you will like 'Plan B'." He vanishes into the shaft.


Dax Oan Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Jerrn Darklighter Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Six Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Desh Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Jerrn Darklighter spins and parries the Sith Tremorsword wielded by a man in dark armor who appeared out of nowhere. Others also appear next to the rest of your group, striking from surprise to drive vibroblades into your companions.
Attack vs. Dax Oan: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18 Hit! for 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 damage.
Attack vs. Six: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15 Hit! for 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 damage.
Attack vs. Desh: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 but Desh turns just enough to force the blade to skitter off the power pack.


Initiatives:
Dax Oan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Jerrn Darklighter: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Six: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Desh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

So....

CLICK for the Tactical situation.

Round 1--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER
SIX
DAX OAN
DESH
ENEMY


My actions shouldn't affect anyone else's attack, so I'll go ahead and post. If someone's actions invalidate mine, I'm happy to modify Desh's actions to suit.

The Feeorin's retaliation is immediate. Dropping the melee-unfriendly repeater, he grabs the massive vibro-axe from over his shoulder, drawing it and bringing it down his attacker in one vicious arc.

Free: Drop the repeater (though it should drag behind me as it's attached)
Move: Draw Vibro-axe.
Standard: Attack Red-2 - using Devastating Attack & Brutal if the attack hits: both reduce the target's threshold by 5 - so -10 total. :D
Vibro Axe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18;
---> Damage 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (3, 9) + 10 = 22.


Jerrn fades back a half step from his assailant, face set into a scowl. He glances up at the lightsaber, so close. He reaches out with the Force, pulling it to his hand while dropping the power prybar. When it hits his hand he ignites it with a hiss and immediately his face changes to a big, sloppy grin.

"Been missin' this."

If I can use the Move Light Object of the UTF skill, I will. If not, I'll use Move Object to bring it to my hand.

UTF: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


Game Closed

Stepping back-to-back with Dax, Six unleashes a salvo of fire at his attacker.

5' step to S.16
Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 10 = 18
Damage (Aim, Dead Eye): 4d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 8) + 2 = 24 | Crit! x2 damage = 48!


Dropping the line of his sled Dax lashes out at his attacker with a pair of swift kicks.

Rapid Strike 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Crit! 4d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1, 6, 6) + 8 = 24


Game Closed

Woot! 2x crits in a row for 48 each! High five, Dax!


24 is the crit damage, I just do 2d8+4 on a regular hit. But here's a high five anyway :)


Round 1--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER____________________
Jerrn fades back a half step from his assailant, face set into a scowl. He glances up at the lightsaber, so close. He reaches out with the Force, pulling it to his hand while dropping the power prybar. The saber rattles a bit, tumbles off the catwalk, then flies to Jerrn’s hand like an arrow. When it hits his hand he realizes why the Sith laughed; the middle of the saber had been crushed, right where the primary crystal installation would be. (Man that took a LOT of hand strength.)
It sparks a little as you hold it, but it’s just salvage now. Best to recycle it. And it certainly can’t help you right now against the Sith stealth soldier.

Mechanics DC15:

Although… It looks like you can salvage the focusing lens and emitter array, and probably the fast discharge power cell.

SIX___________________________________
Steps back to back with Dax, then fires a perfect shot through his enemies throat; Red-4 drops.

DAX OAN______________________________
Dropping the line of his sled Dax lashes out at his attacker with a pair of swift kicks to the helmet. Stunned, the Sith soldier stumbles backward over the handrail and falls into the shaft in eerie silence.

DESH________________________________
The Feeorin's retaliation is immediate. Dropping the melee-unfriendly repeater, he grabs the massive vibro-axe from over his shoulder, drawing it and bringing it down on Red-2 in one vicious arc. The attack tears through the Sith armor like tissue, leaving him reeling. [Condition -4]

ENEMY______________________________
Red-1 easily dispatches the helpless Twi’lek with a vibroblade to the throat as he screams for mercy.
Red-2 tries to attack Desh, but the critical injury he took earlier is seriously hampering him.
Red-3 steps up to Jerrn and attacks with the Sith Tremorsword, hitting for 2d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7, 4) + 2 + 2 = 15

GM:

Red-1: 30
Red-2: 8, condition -4
Red-3: 30


CLICK for the tactical situation.

Round 2--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER
SIX
DAX OAN
DESH
ENEMY


Jerrn looks at the lightsaber, then grunts as the sword cuts his shoulder. "Yep. Been that sort of day."

He draws the electroprod instead and swings it at the foe!
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


The blade catches on the man's armor as Desh wrenches it free, throwing him off-balance for his follow-up attack. His rumbling voice taunts the man,"Vermin? Seems to me you thruster-wash aren't worth the effort…"

Attacking Red-2 again.
Vibro-Axe 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (2) = 11.
---> Damage 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (7, 3) + 10 = 20; Devastating Strike: target's damage threshold is 5 lower.

EDIT: Adding force point to the attack roll.


Game Closed

Six takes aim at one of Jernn's attackers, sending obliterating energy at the Sith soldier.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 attack on red-3
Damage (Aim, Dead Eye): 4d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 3) + 2 = 14


Mechanics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Human Scout 4 / Scoundrel 1

Just dotting will jump in when I get the green light. BTW she will be heading toward the Bounty Hunter PrC.


Dax takes a moment to watch as the sith falls over the ledge, turning around without any display of emtion he runs toward the neares sith and aims a punch at his head.

Charge 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
-->Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Round 2--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER____________________
Jerrn looks at the lightsaber, then grunts as the sword cuts his shoulder. "Yep. Been that sort of day."
He draws the electroprod instead, swings and connects for 7.

Jerrn:

You hear a voice in your mind.
”Don’t leave them.”

SIX__________________________________
Six takes aim at Red-3, nailing him for 14 and makes him reel for a moment.

DAX OAN_____________________________
Dax takes a moment to watch as the sith falls over the ledge, turning around without any display of emtion he runs toward Red-3, but misses his punch.

DESH________________________________
The blade catches on the man's armor as Desh wrenches it free, throwing him off-balance for his follow-up attack. His rumbling voice taunts the man,"Vermin? Seems to me you thruster-wash aren't worth the effort…"
The vibro-axe comes up, and the Sith is just too injured to dodge even that clumsy blow, and what it lacks in elegance is made up for in power as Desh’s devastating strike splits the Sith completely in half.

ENEMY_______________________________
Red-1 leaps to Desh for revenge, only to have Desh parry.
Red-3 attacks Jerrn, who parries with the increasingly notched electroprod.

GM:

Red-1: 30
Red-3: 9, condition -1


CLICK for the Tactical display.

ROUND 3--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER
SIX
DAX OAN
DESH
ENEMY


I can't find rules for Bull-rushing or pushing… am I missing something? Anyone know how that could be accomplished? Can we make something up?

Desh wipes a spray of thick blood from his face with his shoulder as he turns on the new attacker. "I thought Sith were supposed to be dangerous… how you holding' up, Farmboy?"


"Heck, these're jes' the hounds. It's the masters you gotta watch out fer. I'm bleedin' but Ah ain't near done yet."

Jerrn lunges with the prod, attempt to catch the assailant on the backstep.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Jerrn spares a quick glance around to see if he can pinpoint the source of the voice.


Game Closed

Voice?

Six surveys the field of combat with a trained eye. Taking a bead on the Sith engaged in combat with Desh, he fires down the line of the guard rail and shouts a jibe at the large Feeorin.

"Hey Desh - what are you doing, trying to kill him left-handed? You know we don't have time for that! Toss these jokers already!"

5' step to R.15
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage (Aim, Dead Eye): 4d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 1) + 2 = 16


Desh wrote:

I can't find rules for Bull-rushing or pushing… am I missing something? Anyone know how that could be accomplished? Can we make something up?

I think it's called a Bantha Rush or something similar in Saga...


Ah, i see that you're right… good call. Standard attack it is.

"Oh, well if we're in a hurry, then…" and the axe comes down once more.

Attack Red-1 w/ force point to boost attack roll.
Vibro-axe 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (6) = 20
---> Damage 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (12, 8) + 10 = 30; Devastating Attack: -5 to damage threshold.


Dax shakes his head in amazement at the levity of the bunch, killing was serious buisness, staying alive too. Tensing his body he lashes out with a kick to the sith's thigh followed by an elbow to the head.

Rapid strike 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 7) + 4 = 19


Just realized I calculated that last Vibro-axe attack roll as a +6 bonus... should be +8. So the total attack is 22. :)

Quick mental math never was my strong subject.


ROUND 3--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER___________________
Jerrn lunges with the prod, attempt to catch the assailant on the backstep, but misses.
Jerrn spares a quick glance around to see if he can pinpoint the source of the voice, but sees nothing that could be the origin.

Jerrn:

The voice again: “Your Fates are linked.”

SIX__________________________________
Six surveys the field of combat with a trained eye. Taking a bead on the Sith engaged in combat with Desh, he fires down the line of the guard rail and shouts a jibe at the large Feeorin.
"Hey Desh - what are you doing, trying to kill him left-handed? You know we don't have time for that! Toss these jokers already!" He idly wonders what Jerrn is looking around for.
He carefully aims and shoots Red-1 for 16

DAX OAN_____________________________
Dax shakes his head in amazement at the levity of the bunch, killing was serious buisness, staying alive too. Tensing his body he lashes out with a kick to the sith's thigh followed by an elbow to the head; but the Sith manages to parry both.

DESH________________________________
Desh wipes a spray of thick blood from his face with his shoulder as he turns on the new attacker. "I thought Sith were supposed to be dangerous… how you holding' up, Farmboy?"
Jerrn answers; "Heck, these're jes' the hounds. It's the masters you gotta watch out fer. I'm bleedin' but Ah ain't near done yet."
"Oh, well if we're in a hurry, then…" and the axe comes down once more, splitting this one in half as well.

ENEMY________________________________
Again Red-3 beats Jerrn’s defense, the evilly humming sword inflicting 14 damage.

GM:

Red-3: 9, condition -1


Perception DC20:

You hear a hollow banging sound from back in the Chamber.

CLICK for the Tactical display.

ROUND 4--

JERRN DARKLIGHTER
SIX
DAX OAN
DESH
ENEMY


Game Closed

Camris - I noticed that you did not include Desh's last attack in the update. Was this intentional?


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18.

If the Sith is still standing when Desh's turn is up…

As the with punctuates Jerrn's final remark with another successful attack, Desh can't help the snarkiness. "How 'bout now?"

Even as he makes the joke, he circles to the farmboy's aid, trying to cut down the final Sith combatant.

Move to P-20; then attack remaining Sith dog. :)
Vibro-Axe 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24.
---> Damage 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17; Devastating Attack: DamThresh -5.


Game Closed

Ah, nevermind - either I missed something, or you updated it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"What's that sound?" Seeing that the others have everything well in hand, Six moves carefully toward the chamber door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Move to S10
Ready action to fire on aggressive target -> Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 7, 4) + 2 = 21


Keeping his cool as the Sith blocks his blows Dax just keeps up his routine.

Rapid strike1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"You hear that noise? Sort of a hollow banging by tha back of the chamber." he asks the group in genral, keeping his eyes on the sith.


Between Jerrn, Dax and Desh, the last of the Sith goes down under a welter of slashes, punches and chops.

Six carefully approaches the Chamber door they had just left. The banging is louder here, and you can tell its from one of the pods on the north side; one that had it's control circuits fried and sparking by a stray blaster shot.


Sorry for skipping you in initiative, Jerrn, I'll be more mindful of initiative order in the future.

Desh wrenches the vibro axe from the final still Sith, quickly wiping the gore from its blades with the now-silent Sith's clothes. Re-slinging the vicious weapon across his back, he slings he ungainly repeater back up into his hands, checking it for damage before leveling it in the direction Six and Dax indicated. "Can we hurry this up? I hear there's bombs gonna go off."

As he waits, he visually inspects the fallen Sith for usable equipment. Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.


Game Closed

"What the... hey, help me with this! I think someone is in there!" Six approaches the pod, searching its surface for some sort of manual release.

Mechanics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


No problems!

Jerrn moves to help Six with the release. He breathes a bit hard as he moves, his wounds seeping blood in places.

Mechanics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Desh, still waiting to see what pops out of the box, looks at Dax and Six's plasma burns, Jerrn's blood pooling with every other step, and his own scored shoulder. Guys," he rumbles, "anyone know how to use a medpac?"

Desh is probably the worst choice for Treat Injury - as it's untrained and he's got no Wisdom bonus. But we have two of them fi someone has the ability to make them work. :)


Up close, you see one pod has someone banging on the inside, the opening mechanism fried by a stray blaster bolt. Another pod is rocking nearby.
Mechanic DC20 to open one.

Knowledge (Technology) DC15 or Treat Injury DC10:

You could probably adapt a pod to act as a Kolto healing tank.

Enter Nikki Talenda and Amin Savvo, stuck in pods trying to get out.


I'll forgo rolling either of those since neither is trained. Furthermore, I'm more concerned with the bumper sticker slapped across the back of that second pod.

The bumper sticker wrote:
"If this pod's a-rockin... don't come a'knockin."

Six's Mechanics roll should have opened one, right?


As Six pops open one of the pods Dax heads over to the rocking one and tries to open it up.

Mechanics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Poping it open Dax steps back as a wet body lands with a thud on the decks.


Both Six and Dax figure out how to open the respective pods hatchways, releasing a flood of kolto and a couple of bodies...


m Mirakula Jedi 6th

Catching himself upon all fours amidst a flood of kolto, Amin expelled the reinvigorating substance from his lungs and gasped for fresh air. Standing quickly to his 5'10 height, long black hair hangs infront of his face. He sees those who have released them, and sees the good in them." I thank you friends." He begins, kneeling again to a nearby footlocker which contained his equipment.He sweeps his hair out of his face and ties a bandage across his eyes. He then dons the robes of a Jedi apprentice, with a low hanging hood that obscures his face above the bridge of his nose. A lightsaber hangs at his left side. "My name is Amin Savvo, I lend you my assistance, should you require it."


Heeeeey! It's the first post from one of our new guys!

Also, I don't think you have your gear. We all had to scavenge for the gear we have. :)


Sorry, no equpment locker Amin. You have no idea where your stuff is. The bodies in this room have already been stripped, but there are a number of Sith stealth warrior corpses out on the catwalk.
Loot list when I get home.


Game Closed

As the fellow struggles to his feet and fumbles about himself, Six offers a hand to steady him. "Easy, friend - the first moments out of the tank can be disorienting. Amin, was it? This is Dax, Jerrn, and Desh. You can call me Six."

Glancing at the other tank evacuee, he asks, "Who's your friend, there?"


Loot list:

5 sets of Sith infiltrator armor (+4 Armor), integral helmet with shortrange comlink, integral stealth field generator [2 charges left].
5 needlers [kotorcg]
4 vibroblades
1 Sith Tremorsword [2d8+2, may be set to stun damage]
1 Aural amplifier [kotorcg]


m Mirakula Jedi 6th
Darth Camris wrote:

Sorry, no equpment locker Amin. You have no idea where your stuff is. The bodies in this room have already been stripped, but there are a number of Sith stealth warrior corpses out on the catwalk.

Loot list when I get home.

lol sorry my bad guys,you know what they say: when you assume,you make an ass out of u and me.

Well scratch the gear part then, He'll look for something to cover his eye sockets, be it a strip of cloth, or the helmet if it covers the eyes.


"Hello Amin. I'm Dax." he says as he helps Amin to his feet. "Very noble words, but take a moment to look at your surroundings, do you know where we are?" he asks the miralukan, concern writen over his face.

101 to 150 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.