Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Six people find themselves deep in the outer rim with nothing but blank memories, looted clothing, a stolen ship and more questions than all put together.


851 to 900 of 1,098 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Desh grunts through gritted teeth, "I see'em!"


ROUND 3__________

Juce Koran__________
Biting back a curse as the sandpeople close in, Juce switches his rifle to single shot as he swings it on the closest one, trying to get in on his left, and places a shot right into his midsection.
The Tusken Raider jerks at the horrible wounds blasting into him, but he staggers forward making that strange barking sound.

Jeriko__________
Hardly sparing the trembling gaffi stick a moment's glance, Jeriko thumbs his jetpack to life and rockets over the broken terrain, landing deftly a few meters from one of the rearmost Tuskans. (AF2 -> AF9)
Jeriko flies down from his watchpoint on the slope of the mesa down onto the flat with the rest of his team. (A double move).

Desh__________
At this range, Desh can smell the raiders' stench. Once more he hammers the trigger, his heavy blaster filling the air once more with a wall of plasma -- once again targeting the most recent victims of Juce's blaster-fire.
Hosing down the area, Desh brutally chops one down and horribly injures another.

Jerrn Darklighter__________
Jerrn maintains his focus on the Force, but sweat breaks out on his forehead, clearly showing his strain.
1d20 ⇒ 18
Even through the pain of being shot, Jerrn feels the Force flood through his body, like a geyser under his feet, lifting the ship completely free of the canyon shoulder and floating it up ten meters.

Six__________
"Desh! 2 o'clock!" Six calls out to the big Feeorin, his words immediately followed by a hail of white-hot plasma.
Six’s accurate fire blows two Raiders to pieces.

Desh__________
Desh grunts through gritted teeth, "I see'em!"

THE RAIDERS__________
#3 staggers up to attack Juce: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 5 = 5 The wounded Raider misses wildly.
#11 charges up to Juce and swings hard: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 Hit! The powerful gaffi stick blow inflicts 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 4 = 10 crush/piercing damage.
#12 steps up to Jeriko and attacks: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Miss.
#13 charges up to Desh and swings: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17 Miss. Desh's armor bounces the strike.
#14 charges up to Jeriko and swings: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24 Hit! The powerful gaffi stick blow inflicts 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 crush/piercing damage.
#15 staggers up to Desh and swings: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 5 = 20 But the blow simply glances off Desh's armor.
#16 moves forward, aims and fires at Six: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 But the blow simply glances off Six's armor.


ROUND 4

Go in order of posting.

>CLICK< for the Tactical Situation.


retired

Eyes narrowed menacingly on the Tuskan who struck him, Jeriko casually brings Angeline up before the other's face. "You shouldn't have brought a stick to a blaster fight." Never taking his eyes off the assailant who hit him, the twi'lek double taps Angeline's trigger.

Angeline(p-blank, rapid shot) Attack @ #12: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26 for 4d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7, 3, 7, 8) + 1 + 3 = 29


While the second raider's attack isn't' enough to hurt Desh, it's enough to throw him off-balance. His bayonet thrust is thrown wild. "Anyone got any bright ideas?!"

Vibrobayonet attack (with -2 power attack) on Raider 15.
.
Vibrobayonet (attached to gun) 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 11; Power Attack.
---> Damage 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 11 + 4 = 23
---> Target's threshold is considered 5 lower for this attack.


Jerrn relaxes his muscles, feeling the Force flow through them. He is vaguely aware of the Tusken attack, a few dull aches in his body and the combat shouts of his friends. He changes his tactics, attempting to float the ship to hover over the heads of the Raiders.

Use the Force, Jerrn: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 15 + (3) = 19 Using a FP


Camris, you mind if I use a force point to kick the above attack roll higher? If so...
Force point (plus initial roll result) 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17.


Game Closed
Desh wrote:
"Anyone got any bright ideas?!"

"Beyond slagging these things and making Tatooine a pale yellow dot in our wake?"

Move to R19
Attack: #15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage = 4d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 2) + 3 = 13

Moving to a better position, Six fires off a burst at the nearest raider.


"Keep shooting!" Juce answers Desh through grit teeth.

Following his words with action he thumbs his rifle back to auto-fire and sprays the two tuscan who are trying their best to pummel him with their gaffisticks.

Auto-fire on no 3 and 11 point blank. 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 - 5 = 8 for 3d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2, 8) + 3 + 1 = 21 dmg, half dmgon miss.


ROUND 4

Jeriko__________
Eyes narrowed menacingly on the Tuskan who struck him, Jeriko casually brings Angeline up before the other's face. "You shouldn't have brought a stick to a blaster fight." Never taking his eyes off the assailant who hit him, the twi'lek double taps Angeline's trigger.
The Raider’s head dissolves under Angleine’s fire, and his corpse drops at Jeriko’s feet.

Desh__________
While the second raider's attack isn't' enough to hurt Desh, it's enough to throw him off-balance. His bayonet thrust is thrown wild. "Anyone got any bright ideas?!"

Jerrn Darklighter__________
Jerrn relaxes his muscles, feeling the Force flow through them. He is vaguely aware of the Tusken attack, a few dull aches in his body and the combat shouts of his friends. He changes his tactics, attempting to float the ship to hover over the heads of the Raiders.
Slowly it starts moving back from the open drop.

Six__________
Desh wrote: "Anyone got any bright ideas?!"
"Beyond slagging these things and making Tatooine a pale yellow dot in our wake?"
Moving to a better position, Six fires off a burst at the nearest raider.
Hitting the one attacking Desh, the Raider falls.

Juce Koran__________
"Keep shooting!" Juce answers Desh through grit teeth.
Following his words with action he thumbs his rifle back to auto-fire and sprays the two tuscan who are trying their best to pummel him with their gaffisticks.
Juce’s spray of fire drops one that was already wounded, and inures another.

By some miracle (was it the Force?), the ship slowly floats back from the abyss over your heads. All combat ceases as its’ shadow falls over the combatants. Then it finally slips from Jerrn’s control and drops to the ground with a tremendous BOOM, crushing all but one of the remaining sandpeople and barely missing Juce, Desh and Jeriko.
The last one gives a barking cry and starts running, it’s morale finally broken.

>CLICK< for the Tactical Situation.


retired

"Oooo no you don't. You're not getting away from this twi'lek you rotten schutta!"

Jeriko leaps forward, thumbing on his jet pack as he does so. He rockets forward toward the fleeing raider, Angeline eagerly twitching in his hand.

Double Move: AF9 > AN17


The raider is fleeing in a panic. Jeriko can easily get within short range of him using his jet pack.

Knowledge (Tactics) DC15:

You're sort of hoping some smart leader hasn't sent those guys in to get chewed up and flee, drawing you into a disorganized pursuit that they can pick off in detail. Those guys did seem raw and inexperienced. Perhaps expendable? The Raiders have a rep way better than this.


retired

Rgardless of range, after his pursuant burst Jeriko lets 2 bolts fly at the fleeing raider.

Angeline(rapid shot): 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 21 for 4d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 4, 2, 3) + 3 = 19 (+1 if he happens to be w/in 6 squares)

Knowledge(Tactics): since I'm not trained, can I attempt it even though the DC is higher than 10? not sure if that's a limitation that trickled into Saga or not. Just in case, here it is: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Hah!


Knowledge: Tactics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11. Dang... and this is supposed to be Desh's thing! :(

As Jeriko chases down the remaining straggler, Desh yells out, "DONT' LET THAT ONE GET AWAY, JERIKO!"

Desh gives the fleeing raider one last look over his shoulder as he goes to check on Jerrn. His words are meant for all, though. "So what the frak do you think that was about? I guess it's possible that those guys would hit us as we're at our weakest, but I'd rather assume someone's behind it. Which leaves us with... who?"


Too bad Baniss bailed with his educated talent.

Juce keeps his rifle raised at the retreating tuskan for a moment but lowers it relucantly. "There's no honor in shooting a coward in the back.... Unless it's a rat that deserves it." He mumbles and turn with Desh toward the ship.

"Sandpeople; Tuskan raiders. They raid." he answers, connecting the dots for Desh.


"Yep, he's right. It's what they do, sure enough. Though I wish their timing was a bit less melo-dramatic."


Jeriko easily manages to run down and blast the last remaining Tusken raider. As he falls, only the sound of wind moaning amongst the rocks is heard.


retired

"E chu TA!" Jeriko slams Angeline back into her holster and stands for a few seconds looking back over the approach to the ship - a stretch of ground that is now littered with Tusken corpses.

He strides back over to the group, his steps easy and casual. Brushing his hands together and clapping some sand from his gloves he looks up at his gathered companions, "Well that was fun! I think I had the lead with 5 until Jerrn here turned our ship into a blunt instrument for smashing Tuskens. Kriffing clever there, Jerrn." He then rubs his shoulder, the whole of it stained red from a wound underneath. "Still, those schuttas sure put up a fight. Got me good a couple of times."


When you decide to leave, I'll need a Piloting roll and three Mechanics rolls. All by different people.


Jerrn looks a little ashamed. "Well, I was only tryin' to scare 'em off, see. I kind of dropped the ship. On accident." He shrugs and gives a lopsided goofy grin.


Quickly looking through the dead raiders, (even the ones under the landing pads) you note they all had gaffi sticks, slug rifles or older model pulse-wave rifles as well as other desert adapted gear. They all had credit chips totalling 2,020 cr.

Knowledge (Beaurocracy) DC15:

That's odd, about 80% of the credits can be traced back to Imperial Sith banks. You know that Sith credits aren't really unusual out here in the far end of the galaxy, but the concentration is.


After working on the repulsor lift engines for a couple of hours, you manage to bring it to enough of a working order that you actually lift off in your newly aquired ship!
Leaving your desert home away from home, you fly like a drunken vulture to Anchorhead. There you land/crash at the only place capable of doing the work you need done no questions asked; Uncle Al's Pit Stop.

As you debark, Al himself comes through a blast door; a Devarronian dressed in expensive robes and a greasy smile.
"Welcome! Welcome to Uncle..." He stops dead in his tracks as he is confronted with the scope of the job. You see his eyes sweep across the superstructure, unable to find a starting point to the damage.

OK boys, what's the story? What are you going to ask done, and who's negotiating?

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) DC15, or Knowledge (Local) DC11:

"Uncle Al" is a legend around these parts, a skilled mechanic and technician who parlayed a string of podracing victories into a thriving ship repair and upgrade business. He can fix anything, for the right price. He can even fix it better than new, though sometimes reliability can suffer.


Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Nevermind.


retired

D'oh! I'm sorry, Camris - I totally missed your previous call for Mechanics/Pilot checks

Pilot: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Knowledge (galactic lore): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

I can take point with Uncle Al and lie my way through (hopefully) - I do get to reroll deception checks if I want to; I could also try and play up both of us being racers for some common ground.

So I can negotiate if we want, but I need to know what to negotiate for =P


I'll get a list of options you can get later tonight. Bear in mind I don't have Starships of the Galaxy so I'll have to improv some of this.


retired

I don't either so I'd have never have known it was improv'd without you telling me! =)


just realized I'mnot getting updates to this thread. Sorry. Not much I can contribute, though. None of those are my skills, other than Pilot, and others have me beat there. :)

I guess I'll wait to hear what the update on our ship and our options are.


retired

With a grating CRUNCH, Jeriko brings the giant, vaguely ship-like heap to a sudden and jarring stop on the landing pad outside Uncle Al's Pit Stop. "Everyone still got all their parts? Whew! I do not recommend trying that again!"


OK, to fix the ship up to base standards will cost 50,000 cr. You have 100,000 in the ships account to spend. Anything more will come out of your own pockets.
For the base, we’ll use the Corellian YT-1300 Transport stats from the main book for convenience. (Except that Ref is 14, DX is 14, SR is 25)

Upgrades


  • Adding an extra sublight engine is 10,000 cr. Will add an extra square and (100km/h) to base flight speed. (no extra to starship scale); Adds +1 to Ref and Dx. Adding two engines will add one square to the Starship scale as well. You can add up to four.
  • Adding a layer of Laminate armor costs 5000 cr. Will add +40 to hp and +1 to Fort. You can add up to four layers.
  • Adding a Military shielding system costs 10,000 cr. Adds +25 to SR. You can add up to two.
  • Adding an extra laser cannon to each turret costs 10,000 cr. Adds +1 to Atk and +4d10 to dmg. Can add up to two.
  • Upgrading the Avionics suite costs 5000 cr. Adds +2 to all listed skills. Can upgrade up to twice.
  • Upgrading sensors to military spec costs 5000 cr. Adds up to +2 to Percption and Initiative. Can upgrade up to twice. (Yes, stacks with Avionics bonus')

Also bear in mind that upgrading more than two engines, one shielding, and/or one laser cannon requires upgrading to a more powerful powerplant; an extra 5000 cr.


retired

...
...
...
I want THEM ALL!


Also you will need a new ship name. Juce can tell you from Star Patrol info feeds that "The Yellow Truck" is still on the books as a pirate vessel.


Come on guys, surely you have an opinion on what you want upgraded on your new(ish) ship, right?


Hmm, new engines and shielding/armor would be my choice. I'd say we're going to need them...

Also, we could call it the "Second Chance."


As heavy construction droids descend on gantrys to start stripping away the old hull, Juce is plugged in to the local web.

Juce or Knowledge (Local) DC10:

Yes, the Hutt is holding a celebration speeder tournament; something about an agreement with some Sandpeople clan leader. Yes, they are anticipating quite a crowd at his stronghold; they are asking for caterers, attendants, guard/bouncers... And it's an open tournament too, so anyone can enter.


Knowledge local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Game Closed

Second Chance..." Six muses over the name. "I like it."

"I think we should fix the hyperdrive, obviously, and then focus on the shields and cannons, when we can."


HEIST

Jeriko races up the last slope and skids to a stop in the central arena along with three other racers. Pulling off his helmet he half bows in the direction of Motta the Hutt, standing on his balcony overlooking the start/stop line where ten racers set off an hour earlier.
Brutal conditions, sandpeople snipers and backstabbing competitors whittled down the field to this. But he had done it! As a qualifier, he was here in Motta's palace until the big race later, after the other qualifiying race gets back.
The next ten racers had already lined up.
Motta raised a pistol to start the race, then casually fired into one of the speeder bikes. As it exploded in a flash, the others took off in a wild, fishtailing roar and raced out the opposite side of the arena.
Motta gave a deep HUH-HUH-HUH and waived casually as the rest of the upper scum of Tattooine applauded in a servile manner. He withdrew into his great assembly room where refreshments awaited on side tables as the assembled VIP's watched the race on huge holoprojectors.
Jeriko opens the side of his speeder bike and pretends to work maintenence on it.
He feels the comforting presence of the holdout pistol as he keeps an eye on the speeder bikes he was assigned to make sure were available for the exit phase. Having seen events like this before, he knows he could go up and mingle for a minute with the VIP's, but he would be "encouraged" to go back down after a brief period. Timing would be key.


Baniss, dressed in a caterer's uniform stolen only that morning, rolled the heavy tray bearing lifter up to the security checkpoint. He passed his stolen security ID to the Gamorrean who hastily read it in his checker. The roar of the crowd, already half in the bag, distracted him for a minute. Baniss clicked quietly over the open com link.
Juce Koran, concealed in the bottom cavity, quickly opened the bottom, defeated the security sensors on the vent on the wall next to him, opened it and slid inside. He closed the grate on his side as the guards gave the OK to pass.
Baniss walked his burden through the weapon sensor array, secure in the knowledge that even though he had his weapons concealed (though uncharged) under the trays, he could quickly grab the powerpacks for them. They were powering the hoverlifts after all.


Juce quickly pops the silenced casters on the back of his armor and starts rolling down the ventilation shaft.
Checking the party's open comm frequency, he is satisfied they are secure. At any party like this, the security people, the Hutt private signals, all the VIP's all had continuous signals going. He runs a quick signal check back to their ship where Bolt was monitoring their signals. He would be the cavalry in their newly refurbished ship if things went from bad to worse.

Periodically he stops to defeat a security sensor, take a thermobaric smoke bomb from his pack and plant it in a corner. Then he rolls on.


As Baniss starts laying out a delicious tray, he sees a tramway from the town closing in on the VIP landing. Three people are inside.
Two hard bitten mercenaries (Six and Desh) exit the tram, pulling another figure in a shock collar and cuffs harness. (Jerrn) He looks semiconscious.
Approaching the nervous guards, one says; "Motta's expecting us."

The shock collar is rigged so that it seems to work, but does not actually affect Jerrn. Jerrn's lightsaber is attached to Desh's carbine, disguised as a scope.


retired

Smiling inwardly at how smoothly his qualifying run went, Jeriko glances at his com unit and its soft click. Good. Juce would be getting into position. A breathless few moments later, he sighs softly. No alarms. Juce and Baniss had done it. Just a few more minutes before the others would be in position. Oh this was going to be a day Motta would never forget! Waiting for the next soft click over the com, the twi'lek continues to muddle about within the maintenance panel.


Jerrn looks appropriately cowed as the ruse begins. Still, his nose is itching and these damn cuffs make it impossible to scratch without giving away the gambit. How is they could create a way to travel through hyperspace, but no one had ever created a way to stop your nose from itching?


Desh -- standing nearly a foot over the guard in height -- lets out an annoyed, rumbling grunt as he looks down at the man. "And you mind double-timin' it? It's gettin' damn hot and this ass-hat's heavier than he looks." Which was saying something considering the farmboy's size.

The big feeorin resists the urge to wipe away his sweat. It was damn hot. At least I'm not having to scoot around on my back in the vent system like some lab rat, he thinks as he continues staring the guard down.

"Seriously, bub. Today would be good. Motta's not gonna be happy with you or me if we don't make the appointment time."

Persuasion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20.


Inside his helmet Juce's face is as emotioneless as his helmet, a mask of concentration sweat beads his brow though he rarely even blinks. A soft sigh of an out-let breath is all he gives away as the last smoke bomb is in place and signaling *ready* with a faint blue light. The bombs were all connected to his brace computer, ready to go off at a single push of the button, and, if worst came to pass, they were all timed too.

Taking a moment to double check the blue-print of the palace Juce gets his bearings and continues on toward the vault. He could feel the armor was finally within his reach but he burried the feeling deep within, now was not the time to get emotional, no he needed to be mandalorian more than ever, now was the time to hunt.


Game Closed

With Desh taking the lead, Six contents himself to remain silent, sizing up the security instead. With effort, he steadies his blaster hand that itches to be armed.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Looking through his helmet periscope, Juce looks through the vent grating. He confirms the central security station and plants the special smoke bomb. This one is rigged so that if the armored vents try to close, the bomb will automatically fire a charge propelling it into the station before the vent can close.
And one of the wonderful things about the Thermobaric smoke charges is that not only is it prevent body heat sensors, it is also electrostatic; almost all sensors in use today will only see a static hash.

Rolling to a fourway intersection, Juce hears a metallic snap. Turning his head in that direction, he sees a mouse droid enter from an access panel that he was sure was not on his schematic. Chittering happily it moves in your direction...


Jeriko is in the middle of lifting a handful of racer numbered ID vests (to aid in the escape phase), when he and the rest of the racers pause as a military grade landspeeder with a tribarrel on a pintle mount whirrs through the open gate and comes to a stop at the entry station.
Two heavily armored figures exit the speeder and walk up to the station. The attendant droid tries to stop them, but is shoved aside. The figures enter.
The helmet style is very distinctive.

Mandalorians.


The guards shrink from Desh's intimidating presence, but they bravely make a stand aiming everything they have at you. When it appears you can't avoid a showdown, you hear Motta's deep chortle.
"HUH-HUH-HA!"
A protocol droid whirrs up and says; "Mighty Motta begs your forgiveness and asks that you enter and partake of the festivities before you discuss our mutually beneficial arrangement."
The guards reluctantly lower their weapons and open the armored gate for you.

The plan calls for you to present a lightsaber to prove Jerrn is a Jedi. Did you want to give Jerrn's, the jedi's that you saw get killed in the first scene, or the archaic one in Bolt's cabin?


Seeing the mouse droid enter the duckt system from an unknown entry point makes Juce hesitate and frown for a moment and reach for his blaster. Pausing he berates himself mentaly, of course the hutt would have exits and entries not on the blueprint, these slugs loved secrets, why would they not.

Bringing up the blueprint Juce tries to puzle out what's beyond the surprise hatch.


retired

Trusting that their preparations have their channel still secure, Jeriko hisses into his comm unit, "Desh! Juce! Did either of you happen to invite some of your cousins to the party? We've got a Mando speeder that just rolled in like they own the place and a pair of the schuttas, no offense, are headed up the lift now!"

He releases the transmit button and then looks toward the speeder. A clever, wicked smirk slowly crawls across his face and his lekku twitch excitedly.

Is the speeder unmanned now or were there more than two mandalorians with the other staying behind in the vehicle?

851 to 900 of 1,098 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.