Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Six people find themselves deep in the outer rim with nothing but blank memories, looted clothing, a stolen ship and more questions than all put together.


551 to 600 of 1,098 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Jerrn/Jeriko, Camris indicated we have a surprise round on these guys before we get into actual rounds. You should go ahead and post your surprise round actions.


Jerrn will match Desh's charge, igniting his lightsaber as he goes.


retired

If the roof of the building they are adjacent to is 6 squares or less up...
Jeriko glances up and thumbs on his jetpack, rocketing up and landing on the edge of the roof. He deftly draws Angeline as he rises through the air.

If the roof of the building they are adjacent to is more than 6 squares up...
Jeriko dashes south and takes cover behind the corner of the building on the other side of the road, drawing Angeline as he moves.


Jeriko, the rooftop is right at six squares, so you land on the roof.

On the ground, Six and Juce spray and pray, filling the air with orange and yellow blaster bolts. Not surprisingly, few find a target, and most of those absorbed by armor. Desh, who should be unable to hit the broad side of a battlestar shooting while running, manages to mow down one of the commandos dragging your trandoshan.

Last to go in the surprise round, warned by Sniper 1 is Sniper 2!
Zeroing in on Baniss, who's threatening his buddy...
Sniper shot1d20 + 10 - 2 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 + 6 = 33 the dull reddish shot seemingly comes out of nowhere, nailing Baniss for 3d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 2) = 14 energy damage!

Baniss; make a Dex check DC24 or be knocked back a square and off-balance.

Bolt, since you were looking, you think you saw where the shot came from. Gain a +10 to perception to find Sniper 2.


ROUND 1

You have team initiative, go ahead and act in order of posting. The enemy will go last.

>CLICK< for the tactical overview.


Desh rushes straight past the trandoshan and the commando they'd already dropped and finishes his charge with a vicious jab at one of the two men guarding the transport. "Drop your blasters and walk away from this scaly biker trash and you'll keep your lives!"

Move then charge to W-7 against the guy in X-7.
Vibrobayonette 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 - 3 = 25; charge, power attack.
--- Damage 2d6 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 11 + 6 = 26; target's damage threshold @ -5 with this weapon.
Reflex defense down to 21 until next turn.


Desh, I think the guy you refer to is already down. Map is up now.


Jerrn moves forward six squares, then pauses. He reaches out his left hand toward the large vehicle and makes a flipping gesture!
Use the Force to Move Object vs the vehicle
Use the Force: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 15 + (2) = 18 using a Force Point as well

I'm not interested in using the vehicle to do damage, just to eliminate it as a possible source of escape.


Sorry... I just get so excited!!!!!
I updated the original post. he's rushing past the trandoshan and charging one of the two guys guarding the transport. Next time i'll give you more time to actually finish your post. :)


retired

Seeing Baniss take a blaster bolt to the face, Jeriko dashes forward to the far corner of the roof (double move to M4) and tries to determine where that other sniper is perched. As he zips past Baniss he cracks, "Don't worry, doc. If it scars, it'll make you twice as tough."
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 eeeeh.... I'm gonna live on the edge and reroll that
reroll (must keep): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 woot!

Now where's that other schutta hiding...


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Dex Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Baniss is knocked back and he drops down on one knee to steady himself, also hoping this makes him less of a target. He shakes his head as if to clear it "Let's take these kriffing Hutt lovers down!" he yells.

Move action: drop to kneeling
Standard action: Baniss uses 'Inspire Confidence' Allies within line of sight gain +1 on Attack and skill rolls.

HP:
18/32


Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 5 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 5 + 10 + 1 = 30
Skill bonus, Fool's Luck, GM bonus, Inspire Confidence
I can't believe I've rolled another 7!!!

Swift action
Use the Force 1d20 + 16 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 5 + 1 = 32
with Force Point for further +2d6

Assuming that he can see the second sniper,
Short Range, Blaster Rifle (31-60 squares), 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 27 CRIT!
damage 3d8 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 8) + 3 + (5, 2, 4, 3, 4) = 33
I can't remember, but I think that is double the damage in SW


Bolt’s Mini Stats:

Initiative: +6 Perception: +4
Fort: 17
Reflex: 21 (14 Flat-footed / 16 Touch) 
Will: 18
Current HP: 47/47 remaining 
Current in Hand: Blaster Rifle +8 (3d8 +4 dmg)
Conditions in effect: n/a 
Abilities: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Autofire, Brace, Lucky Shot, Battle Strike, Negate Energy.
Shots used /50: *
Force Points used: *


Ref; 22, Will; 17, Fort; 19
HP; 60/60, CT; +/-0

Seeing one guard go down Juce shifts his aim to include the other in his barrage of blaster fire as he keeps moving forward.

Coming up as close as wants to be he drops down to one knee and switches his rifle to single shot.

Standard; Auto-fire on the trandoshian and the remaining guard; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) + 3 = 19 dmg.
Move; Single move towards the armored car.
Swift; Kneel.
Swift; Switch fire mode.


Game Closed

Six braces for another shot, then swears as Juce and the others run into his line of fire.

Rushing to a clear position, he unleashes hell from the repeater's barrel.

Move = rush East, and South just enough for a clear shot
Autofire Target = any of the commandos in or near the vehicle; 2x2 square
Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 5 = 16 <-- 1/2 damage on miss
Damage: 4d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 8, 1, 3) + 3 = 17


Desh's target is slammed back 5 meters and more than a little shocked, but he windmills his arms and stays on his feet. Bringing his Blaster rifle around he sprays it at Desh, but is unable to focus and misses.

The Merc by the Trandoshan hit the deck and fired at Juce as Desh ran by. Blasterfire scores all around Juce, but his armor, average as it is, wards off the bolts that come too close.

The other merc by the armored car, despite being pelted by blasterfire, withstands it just fine and returns fire on Juce. Juce also withstands the blasterfire.

The armored car seems to quiver for a moment as Jerrn waves his hand at it, but is otherwise unaffected. The E-Web turns it's muzzle towards Juce and Jerrn and plaster the area. Both take indirect hits for 12 points each.

Bolt is sure he nailed his target, as a blaster rifle falls from the perch he was shooting at.

Baniss' opponent looks amazed as Jeriko rockets to the roof and runs by. He back kicks Baniss, tripping him flat and tries to bayonet him as he's down; but only puts a hole in the duracrete roof. "Damn! They got a Mando!" you hear him scream into his mike.


ROUND 2

You have team initiative, go ahead and act in order of posting. The enemy will go last.

>CLICK< for the tactical overview.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Baniss stands up, feeling pretty lucky. " ah Bolt? A little help please?"

He fires at the sniper trying to distract him and set him up for Bolt to shoot.

Aid another (Ref Def 10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (including +1 from point blank shot) to give Bolt a plus 2 to hit this guy.


From his crouching position Juce brings up his rifle and finds the second merc guarding the trandoshian. Lining up his shot he breathes out and gently squeezes the trigger.

2 swift to Aim.
Standard to fire; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, for 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1, 7) + 3 = 16 dmg.


Gotta keep the trandoshan out of the transport,

He steps in front of the transports doors, trying to stay close enough to the transport itself to et some cover from its turret as he takes a swipe at the door guard.

"BARDAK! GET ON THE GROUND AND YOU MAY SURVIVE THIS!"

Not sure on the scale of these squares, but my goal is to step into where the transport door would be. If the door's on the side, it looks like that'd be in the same square. If the door's at the rear, it looks like that'd take moving to W-6.
Then attack whichever of the opponents is in melee range.
Vibrobayonette 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8; power attack.
--- Damage 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 11 + 4 = 19; target's damage Threshold is 5 lower.


retired

Seeing the 2nd sniper's rifle go flying after Bolt's crack shot, Jeriko maintains his momemtum and leaps from the edge of the roof, thumbing on his jet pack a second time. He lands deftly the next roof over and takes a bead on the assailant in W6.

"Nice shot, furball!"

Move Action: move to S4
Swift Action (x2): Aim


Jerrn plants his feet, ignoring the stinging pain of the blaster fire. Once more he calms his mind, once more he reaches into the well of force that surrounds him, enters him and once more, he reaches toward the transport.

Use the Force (using force point): 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (6) = 24


Game Closed

Camris:
Six wrote:

Six braces for another shot, then swears as Juce and the others run into his line of fire.

Rushing to a clear position, he unleashes hell from the repeater's barrel.

Move = rush East, and South just enough for a clear shot
Autofire Target = any of the commandos in or near the vehicle; 2x2 square
Attack: roll# <-- 1/2 damage on miss

Damage: roll#

Camris - I can't see my move or attack resolved anywhere. You seem to have moved me south a bit, but I declared that I was rushing East, with the others, and I see no mention of my attack at all.


"Sure, thing Baniss. Should I hit him in the chest, in your surgical opinion, or hit one of his limbs?"


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Over the roar of Jeriko's jet pack Baniss yells "Poodu! His head Bolt! Shoot him in his kriffing head!!"


Point Blank Range, Blaster Rifle (0-30 squares),
1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30, damage 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8, 5) + 4 = 23

So that's a natural 20 critical, meaning 46 points of damage, apparently to his head.


"Bullet to the brain pan. SQUISH!"


We said we'd deal with the snipers. How's your end of the job going? :p


Hastily covers up the bullet-holes, "Good... good."


The Force, it does not like me today...


Bolt idly kicks at the dust and the sand on the roof, and scratches at the fur on his left elbow. He looks to the sky expectantly.


Bolt scratches behind his ear, looks at and Jeriko and shrugs.


Jerrn attempts to make the dust on the roof move through the Force. The Force, however, has checked out for the holiday and is visiting cousins on Hoth.


RETCON

Alright, looks like I misread Six's move and fire for Round 1.
He is actually next to Juce, and put eight more points on Heavy Merc 1. Of course, he is also in the beaten zone of the E-Web and takes 12 points along with the others.

>CLICK< for the revised tactical situation at start of round 2.

Desh and Bolt:

From your angle you can see that Heavy Merc 1 is standing in front of an open hatchway in the back of the armored car (it's just like the back of a Bradley AFV).


"Baniss, look here on the road, at what our new friends have got themselves into. Although we have achieved our objectives, I feel that these foolhardy fellows need a hand, and, Baniss, frankly, the friends of these snipers are not going to be our friends, if you take my meaning Baniss, and those friends are not going to be friends with... us. Or is it them. I've lost my freighter of thought...
"Let's both just shoot the big guy on the left, Baniss."

Move Action - take cover vs those on the ground.
Point Blank Range, Blaster Rifle (0-30 squares), attacking Heavy Merc 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15,
damage 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 4 = 14


Desh rumbles out a crackly laugh over the commLink, "Your mic's on, Bolt. Next time we'll give you the tougher job and see how you do instead of tickling those roof-top scaredy-cats."

Simultaneously he continues his attack on the heavy mercenary guarding the transport's door.

Attacking Heavy Merc 1, with -2 power attack. If at all possible, Desh will position himself in front of the transport's door to make sure the trandoshan can't get in there.
Vibrobayonette 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20.
--- damage 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 11 + 4 = 22; Target's threshold is -5 lower than normal.


Game Closed

Thanks, DC

You ladies wanna cut the chatter, until we've stopped that cannon?" Six unleashes another barrage at the E-web, then begins a flanking maneuver to the Southeast.

Target squares: W6:X7
Autofire attack: Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 24
Damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 2) + 3 = 14
Move to S10; avoid any AOO's for commando


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Is the sniper in front oc me dead?


retired

Camris:

Can Jeriko tell from his vantage point if the raider's vehicle currently has someone sitting in the driver's/pilot's seat? Or does it look like everyone emptied from the vehicle to subdue and retreive the trando?


Reflex 22, Will 17, Fortitude 19
Hit Points 48/60; CT; 0

Maintaining his crouching position Juce rolls a bit from Jerrn so as not to make a clustered target, coming up he brings up his rifle and finds the second merc guarding the trandoshian. Lining up his shot he breathes out and gently squeezes the trigger.

Move 2 sq down.
Standard to fire; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, for 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 3 = 10 dmg.


OK, I think I got everything in proper order.

Round 2 recap

BANISS__________
Baniss stands up, feeling pretty lucky. " ah Bolt? A little help please?"
He fires at the sniper trying to distract him and set him up for Bolt to shoot. He gives Bolt a +2 to hit the sniper.

JUCE KORAN__________
From his crouching position Juce brings up his rifle and finds the second merc guarding the trandoshian. Lining up his shot he breathes out and gently squeezes the trigger.
The merc commando, who had just started to drag the trandoshan to the armored car, takes a deadly hit. He spins and falls, dropping his carbine and the Trandoshan.

DESH__________
Gotta keep the trandoshan out of the transport,
He steps in front of the transports doors, trying to stay close enough to the transport itself to get some cover from its turret as he takes a swipe at the door guard.
"BARDAK! GET ON THE GROUND AND YOU MAY SURVIVE THIS!"
Desh steps to the rear hatchway and tries to bayonet the heavy armor merc there, but misses horribly.

JERIKO__________
Seeing the 2nd sniper's rifle go flying after Bolt's crack shot, Jeriko maintains his momemtum and leaps from the edge of the roof, thumbing on his jet pack a second time. He lands deftly the next roof over and takes a bead on the assailant in W6.
"Nice shot, furball!"

JERRN__________
Jerrn plants his feet, ignoring the stinging pain of the blaster fire. Once more he calms his mind, once more he reaches into the well of force that surrounds him, enters him and once more, he reaches toward the transport. The armored car once again quivers a little, but nothing else happens. The Force does not seem to be with you today.

..........
Bolt: "Sure thing Baniss. Should I hit him in the chest, in your surgical opinion, or hit one of his limbs?"
Over the roar of Jeriko's jet pack Baniss yells "Poodu! His head Bolt! Shoot him in his kriffing head!!"
..........
Bolt fires his rifle at the sniper, hitting him in the head and splattering it all over the rooftop. The body, already recoiling, flops backward and over the edge of the roof to the dusty pavement below.
..........
Desh: "Bullet to the brain pan. SQUISH!"
Bolt: “We said we'd deal with the snipers. How's your end of the job going?”
Desh: Hastily covers up the bullet-holes, "Good... good."

BOLT__________
"Baniss, look here on the road, at what our new friends have got themselves into. Although we have achieved our objectives, I feel that these foolhardy fellows need a hand, and, Baniss, frankly, the friends of these snipers are not going to be our friends, if you take my meaning Baniss, and those friends are not going to be friends with... us. Or is it them. I've lost my freighter of thought...
"Let's both just shoot the big guy on the left, Baniss."
Move Action - take cover vs those on the ground.
Bolt fires at Heavy Merc 1, but misses.

DESH_____________________
Desh rumbles out a crackly laugh over the commLink, "Your mic's on, Bolt. Next time we'll give you the tougher job and see how you do instead of tickling those roof-top scaredy-cats."
Simultaneously he continues his attack on the heavy mercenary guarding the transport's door; but his bayonet attack is turned by the heavy armor.

SIX__________
“You ladies wanna cut the chatter, until we've stopped that cannon?" Six unleashes another barrage at the E-web, then begins a flanking maneuver to the Southeast.
I’m assuming you don’t want to include Desh in your beaten zone, so switching to X,Y,6,7
Six’s withering fire begins to tell as his stream of blasterfire riddles Heavy Merc 2, already hurt by Desh, and pins him up against the car before he falls lifeless to the ground.
Walking his fire up the car, the blasterfire causes substantial damage to the armored hull and E-Web cupola as well, though the weapon continues to fire.
Nice crit!

ENEMY__________
Heavy Merc 1 rounds on Desh, unleashing a withering fuisillade of blasterfire.
Blaster rifle attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25 Hit! for 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8, 8, 6) + 4 = 32 blaster damage.

Desh:

You can hear the guy firing the E-Web screamin into his mike, “Move, move, move! It’s an ambush!”

The E-Web traverses until it’s deadly fire blasts the area Six is in. Everything in Six’s immediate area takes 3d12 ⇒ (6, 9, 10) = 25 points damage.
The armored car lift thrusters spool up with a whine, and it lurches forward, slowly picking up speed.

Baniss:

Q: Is the sniper in front of me dead?
A: Thouroughly.

Jeriko:

Q: Can Jeriko tell from his vantage point if the raider's vehicle currently has someone sitting in the driver's/pilot's seat? Or does it look like everyone emptied from the vehicle to subdue and retreive the trando?
A: You can’t see if there is a driver or not, but you would guess that there is; The whole action looks like they were just stopping long enough to pull the Trandoshan out before taking off again.

GM:

Heavy Merc 1: hp48, Thr20, Cond-0


ROUND 3
You have team initiative, go ahead and act in order of posting. The enemy will go last.
>CLICK< for the tactical overview.
Juce, you can redo your last post if you like.


retired

Round 3
Ref 21 / Fort 20 / Will 17
HP: 45/45
CT: 0

A devilish grin flashes across Jeriko's face as he squeezes the trigger on Angeline. Confident that Desh can handle the lug if his own blaster bolt couldn't, he then dashes forward, his eyes on the front of the merc's vehicle -where the pilot is liked seated.

Angeline(p-blank, aim, rapid shot)
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 11 :: Damage: 5d8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 5, 8) + 1 + 3 = 29

Standard Action: shoot at Heavy Merc 1
Move Action: advance to X4


From his position of cover, Bolt takes a moment to Aim at Heav Merc 1.
Point Blank Range, Blaster Rifle (0-30 squares), 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27,
damage 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) + 4 = 14


"Ah heck. I never get to be all Jedi-y anyway." Jerrn gives up on the Force and charges the Heavy Merc to flank with Desh!

Attack w/lightsaber: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Damage: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 = 11


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Baniss nods at Bolt and shrugs his shoulders. "Sound good."

Baniss moves six squares along the edge of the roof (to J4) and then drops prone and shoots at heavy merc 1, Atk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Dmg: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 4 = 17 Point blank shot, Precise shot)


I just noticed, thanks to Baniss' post, that I didn't include Precise Shot in my post. I have Precise Shot.


Reflex 22, Will 17, Fortitude 19
Hit Points 48/60; CT; 0
Yup. Redo.

Seeing the armored car lift up Juce switches back to auto-fire and hammers it with blaster fire, moving a ways south as he does..

Swift; switch to auto-fire.
Standard; Shoot; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7, 1) + 3 = 15
Move; Move south to not present a cluster of targets.


Desh reels for a second as the blaster-fire scores a line up his armor. Sliding to a stop in the baked sand, he shakes his head to clear the stars, his yellow tentacles flaring. "Big mistake!" He grunts before slamming the vibrobayonette home up into the merc's gut.

Use two swift actions to activate Shake It Off, moving back up to nominal on the Condition Track, then power Attack (-3 attack/+6 damage) on the heavy merc in front of him.
Vibrobayonette 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 3 = 26 <-- CRIT!
--- Damage 4d6 + 34 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 5) + 34 = 52;
Activate Brutal: So target's Damage threshold is -10 against this attack.

48/73 hp remaining; Condition: Nominal


Some poor math on my part... Desh actually has 40/72 hp remaining.

551 to 600 of 1,098 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.