Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Six people find themselves deep in the outer rim with nothing but blank memories, looted clothing, a stolen ship and more questions than all put together.


501 to 550 of 1,098 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Perception:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Well there sure is slot of them Bolt... Hey whats that Shimmering?
Kn Tech:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"That was weird... I've got a bad feeling about this."


>>At the shop...

Six wrote:
"Well, it's certainly shiny enough. CzD is a good designer. How much?"

The Sullustan looks pleased at your reaction to the Heavy Blaster Rifle.

"More power on target. Less weight. More stable. Balanced. Not on market yet. Is steal at 3000."

Wandering around the surprisingly upscale establishment, Desh comes across a selection of TalonCorp Blaster Carbines, with Holographic HUD, adjustable sliding stocks and universal rail mounts for accessories.

Mechanics DC15:

Aside from all the gadgets, these are used weapons that have been refurbished.

Knowledge (Technology) DC15:

The TalonCorp is a Corellian institution with a solid reputation for making very reliable weapons. Someone has been working to make these more accurate than average as well.

The display tag reads "1500.00"


>>Outside the shop...

Jeriko:

As you lean against the wall, you have a narrow perspective as another pair of pod racers whip by a block away, cheers of the crowd following them.
A couple of guys you note are probably hunters leaves the store with a Heavy Blaster Rifle each. They climb into a six place hover SUV already loaded with expedition supplies and greet another couple of people already inside. They speak excitedly about "The Hunt" as they settle in. The pilot spools up the lift generators, and the vehicle jolts upward and starts to slide forward.
As it passes you, you glimpse the HUD the passenger is manipulating; looks like they're headed 50km south, into the Dune Sea.
They move off and you're distracted by more pod racers yowling by.
Dangerous as you know it is, it looks like a lot of fun too.

===================================

>>Outside the Cantina...

Baniss:

You've seen that kind of shimmering before; some kind of advanced Stealth Field Generator. Usually only Governments and Very Expensive mercenarys can afford those things; swoop gangs? You just don't believe it.

Bolt:

Despite the heat, you feel a cold sweat; like you're in the presence of an enemy you can't see, or sniper maybe.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

I don't like this Bolt, thats a pretty high tech stealth field for gangers. Baniss says pointing at the place where he saw the shimmer. He looks around himself paranoid that they may be the subject of some ambush.

Perception:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


>>Outside the shop...

Jerrn bursts out of the gun shop and looks around.

Jerrn:

...but the hunter is gone. No one there but Jeriko leaning against the building and craning his neck to see the podracing going on a couple blocks away.

===========================

>>Outside the Cantina...

Baniss:

Paranoid now, you look around very carefully...
There.
Sniper on a rooftop 200 meters away. He's covering the back arc of the Black Flag Cantina. Which means...
Looking directly up, you can see the rifle muzzle of another sniper covering the front arc.
Directly overhead four stories up.
You're pretty sure you're out of sight, but Bolt isn't.


Baniss wrote:
I don't like this Bolt, thats a pretty high tech stealth field for gangers.

"No, I don't like it either. Let us leave here - let's get a drink somewhere else."

He scratches at the mane around the back of his neck and, waiting for Baniss, walks back the way he came.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Take some cover Bolt Baniss says pointing out the snipers. Over the comm he let's the others know what's going on. Hey guys, anyone copy? We're outside the Black Flags cantina and something big is about to go down here. There's snipers covering the front and back and an assassin type on the inside possibly more than one. Just hoping it doesn't involve us. Whi would want to destroy the Black Flags? Or is this an ambush for someone they are expecting to come here like us? Or are they after the Trandoshan to? How would they know about him already? These questions swirl around in Baniss's head looking for answers. I don't know Bolt, I sort of want to stick around and see why a group so organised would be targeting a swoop gang. Let's just try to stay hidden?

stealth:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Baniss wrote:
Take some cover Bolt Baniss says pointing out the snipers. I don't know Bolt, I sort of want to stick around and see why a group so organised would be targeting a swoop gang. Let's just try to stay hidden?[/b]** spoiler omitted **

Bolt moves to cover as well.

Stealth:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Thank you, Baniss," he whispers. "That was almost enough to fill my litter tray."


retired

A moment after Jerrn bursts forth from the shop, Jeriko will, with noticeable effort, tear his eyes away from the podracers that looks much more dangerous than swoops... and more fun! and turn to look at the bewildered human.

"Coona tee-tocky malia? Or.... wait... let me guess... the prices chased you out, eh? Ha!"

huttese:
What took you so long?


Content to sit and wait Juce unconsciously slinks into a shadow in front of the weapons shop, seeming to meld into the sandcreet walls he settles in to watch and wait.

Detaching himself from the shadow as Jerrn bursts out, interrupted as he was about to answer Baniss's call. "Everything alright? We heading out?" he asks the hick, "Baniss just called in with a report of an iminent attack on the swoop gangs cantina."

"Copy Baniss, copy. Lay low and get out, read?" 'Another bounty perhaps? Someone cleaning up the gangs on Tatooine?' he wonders, unconciously tapping at his brace computer, bringing up bounty notices and news, looking for anything connected to the Black Flags.

Use Computer, 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


>>In the Gunshop...

>CLICK< to see the kind of display the weapons here have...


The chatter over the comm's makes Desh's decision for him, "Bah! This stuff's too expensive. I'll stick with the wookie's repeater. Six, get what you want and let's go… the Duros stumbled into something." Without waiting, Desh hustles outside to group up with the others at the cantina.

When they get to the cantina, Desh's plan is to drop his pulse-wave rifle, grab the repeater from it's side-car mount, mount his vibro-bayonette in place, and get ready for some fun.


Juce Koran:

No change in bounty status for the ones you are watching for.

=======================================

>>Outside the Cantina

You hear the distinctive 'Bweeeee-CHUNG' of multiple stun grenades going off and see the actinic blue-white glare inside the cantina.
An armored car rolls up to the main entrance, and a several of armored figures hop out. The top turret starts traversing.
The knife fight in the parking lot halts suddenly, and when the participants start running for the door, they are dropped silently by the snipers.


Game Closed
Desh wrote:
The chatter over the comm's makes Desh's decision for him, "Bah! This stuff's too expensive. I'll stick with the wookie's repeater. Six, get what you want and let's go… the Duros stumbled into something."

At Desh's announcement, Six drops the grin he was wearing in hopes of plying a bargain. "Damn. Okay, little mouse-man, here's the deal. 900 credits for the blaster carbine. Take it or leave it."

Rolls wouldn't let me see a difference in the guns, so I'll just get a carbine. It's all I needed, anyway. If he goes for it, great - otherwise, I'll just take off after the others.


Desh jumps from the swoop before it even powers down, grabbing the repeater off the sidecar an slamming home the bayonette. His red eyes take in the scene, lookin for the snipers and any other useful tactical info on the scene.

Knowlesge: tactics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9.


>>In the Gunshop...

The Sullustan continues to smile and nods in agreement.
"Like you citizen! Agreement we are. 2900."
As you charge out the door, he calls out;
"2800?"

>>Outside the Cantina...

As Desh shows up, everyone can see a couple of figures armed commando style haul out a bound and cuffed Trandoshan towards their armored car.

Perception DC20:

Hey, it's the guy you let go from your ship! You have to wonder how the Black Flag guys managed to grab him?

Bolt and Baniss:

You can see Desh is in serious danger from a sniper as he rolls up in the alleyway near you and pulls his repeater off the sidecar.

Juce Koran:

A chime sounds in you helmet; the bounty is updated.
A bounty hunter team, "The Mad Hatters" have claimed the bounty and have called on Motta the Hutt to be at the rendezvou as promised.


Bolt waves frantically at Desh.
He then points at him, whips his finger across his neck, points up at the sniper, them waves him to come to him.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

"Hey Bolt look it's a Trandoshan, I wonder if... Hey wait is that er... Desh! Baniss grabs out his comm and while Bolt waves frantically at Desh, Baniss says into the comm "Desh look out for the snipers on the roof!" then he grabs out his blaster pistol in case Desh needs some support.

Perception:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Oh I'm guessing Baniss wouldn't be able to ID the Trando.


Watching Desh speed off and Six rush out of the gun shop after him Juce glances at Jeriko and shrugs. "Rush and run, haste and die my father once said. Let's approach more cautiously, yes?"

As he's making his way to the cantina Juce suddenly stops and taps his helmet, bringing up his brace computer he slides over some info before raising up his com. "Listen up people. The bounty's been claimed by the 'Mad Hatters', they've called on Motta to meet at the randevouz."


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.

At the warning from the Duros, Desh rushes for some cover... not able to locate the threat. He responds to the Mandalorian over the comms "I'm all about having a plan, but I'm thinking things will only get more complicated if they get him on that transport. I say we hit them hard now and bug out. I say the duros and the cathar take out the sniper while the rest of us focus on bringing down the trandoshan's guards, starting with the one on the left. Once we drop one, I'll rush in to grab our scaley friend. Objections? Better plans? And Six, you wanna put this repeater to good use since you couldn't get a decent gun off that black-handed merchant?"


retired

Jeriko turns to his helmeted companion and nods, "Yes. Agreed. I'm all for caution and careful when the people on the other side are sure to be pointing blasters at us."

Just as Juce finishes warning the group via com about the Mad Hatters, Jeriko takes a breath to add something but is cut off by Desh. He taps his foot impatiently as the freeorin rambles on, rolling his left hand as if to mime "Come on, come on, spit it out already." When Desh finishes his dithering about shooting and blasting and exploding things, Jeriko adds, "And while we're all talking about this rendezvous of Motta's... something's been bothering me about that. Motta's a showman. He's got a thing for theatrics. His style would be to construct a stage in the center of his palace square and ensure that at least a dozen holocameras were present to bear lasting witness to his grandiose display. This whole hush-hush-secret-secret-middle-of-nowhere stuff is... well it's just off."


Game Closed
Baniss wrote:
"Hey Bolt look it's a Trandoshan, I wonder if... Hey wait is that er... Desh! Look out for the snipers on the roof!"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 8( grrr....

Walking over to the swoop, and taking the repeater proffered by Desh, Six casually slings it over his shoulder, muttering to the big Freeorin under his breath. "I don't see any snipers - you?"


"That sounds like a plan, Desh."

We need to get everyone on the same page with this plan.


OK, map tonight.


I say we quickly finalize the plan once we see the map.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |
Desh wrote:


At the warning from the Duros, Desh rushes for some cover... not able to locate the threat. He responds to the Mandalorian over the comms I say the duros and the cathar take out the sniper while the rest of us focus on bringing down the trandoshan's guards, starting with the one on the left.

"Copy that, we're on it"


Baniss wrote:
"Copy that, we're on it"

"Oh dear," he mumbles to his Duros friend, "we are?"

He scratches nervously at his left forearm.


Jerrn? Where are you now?

>>CLICK<< FOR THE TACTICAL OVERVIEW.

The scale is 5m squares.

Green is your position. (B,4)

Yellow crosshairs are the sniper positions. (D,4) and (AO,25)
They are both on rooftops 10 meters up, the both of them together having complete coverage of the area.

Red 1 is the armored car with an E-web repeating blaster in a light universal turret on top traversine around at random. It's back doors stand open with a couple of armored figures standing outside it.

Red 2 is your Trandoshan being dragged by a couple of lightly armored commando style figures. (U,9)


Bolt casts his vertical pupils up.

What's the DC for climbing this wall? What's the DC for getting a Grappling Hook up there, and then for climbing it?


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

"We'll keep this sniper occupied you go for the Trandoshan." Baniss says to Desh. Then he gets his liquid cable dispenser and grappling hook out and attempts to climb the wall.

Climbing:
Attack roll to hit the roof? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Climb Check (Dc 5 rope with a wall to brace against?) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
EDIT Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Bolt quickly follows his vet.

Standard action: Fool's Luck (costs a Force Point)
Move Action:
Climb 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 5 = 9


Base climb DC is 15. With rope is DC5.
Baniss is easily able to get a grappling hook up to the rooftop, and is quickly able to surmount the 10 meter distance.
Bolt is somehow able to do the same, despite some heart-stopping moments when any normal person would have certianly fallen to his death.

1d20 ⇒ 5

Baniss:

Cautiously peeking above the rooftop, you can see the humanoid figure laying prone and covered with a camouflage/coolant net, swinging his rifle about covering the Cantina square. He does not seem to have noticed you.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Stealth:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
"Cover me Bolt" Baniss says and then attempts to sneak up behind the sniper drawing his pistol, planing to put it against the back of the snipers head.


He whispers, "Got it."
Bolt carefully takes cover, drawing his blaster rifle, looking for the other sniper.

Fool's Luck
Stealth 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 5 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 5 = 17


Baniss eases up to the sniper, then puts his gun to his head.
The sniper stiffens, then says;
"Take it easy buddy, we can make a deal. I got some money..."

Baniss Perception DC15:

You realize the guy is stalling, speaking into his mike as well as you to reveal his danger to his friends.

Bolt:

You roll into cover easily enough, but you can't seem to spot the other sniper. A cold sweat forms on your skin even in this heat. Did he move?


The big feeorin looks one way out of the alley-mouth, then the other. On and off he switches the safety of his pulse-wave rifle, an old nervous twitch. He mutters to no one in particular, "I hate when things go sideways..." He looks back at the group with a mirthless grin on his lipless face, "but they always do. Might as well wreck someone else's day while it's happening, huh? Light'em up, Six! Farmboy, you're with me!"

With that, he sprints around the corner, surprisingly fast for a creature his size. A wordless roar accompanies his charge towards as he flips his rifle to auto-fire and sprays down the northern-most  commando and the trandoshan.

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21.
Move to I-5.
Switch rifle to autofire.
Autofire the corner between the trandoshan and whichever commando is on the north side of him.
Auto-attack 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 5 = 21. <--- CRIT!
--- damage 4d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 3, 4, 1) + 8 = 24. 1/2 damage on a miss to all in the area.


HP: 32/32 | Ref: 21 Fort: 15 Will: 21 | Condition Track: 0 |

Darth Camris:
I'm not sure if your wanting us to act in rounds yet? If so just take this as my acton for next round.

Perception & Intimidate:
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Intimidate (Persuasion)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Take that headset off! Drop your rifle! And get up slowly with your hands in the air! I wasn't hatched yesterday, your lucky I don't fry your brains with laser for trying a stunt like that!


This'll be your surprise round. Once everyone has declared what they're doing, then it'll be round 1.


I am not a scardy-cat. I am not a scardy-cat, Bolt reminds himself.

He tells Baniss, "I can't find see that other sniper, Baniss. See if you can't work out where he is from that headset."

The Cathar breaks cover to have a good look about for the other sniper, shouldering his rifle in readiness.

Move action: Perception (Fool's Luck) 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 5 = 22

Swift Action: Battle Strike with Force Point, UtF (Fool's Luck) 1d20 + 16 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 5 = 27

Ready Action, shoot the other sniper.(Anticipating Short Range.)
Short Range, Blaster Rifle (31-60 squares), 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13,
Lucky Shot 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
damage 3d8 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 7) + 3 + (6, 1, 1, 4, 3) = 34


With those rolls I should turn the rifle on myself.


Game Closed

Following Desh's lead, Six swings around the corner and laces the armored car with repeater fire.

Aiming at the armored car in the 2x2 area of X6:Y7. We gotta keep that E-web outta the fight!
Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 5 = 6 <-- 8(
Damage: 4d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 6) + 3 = 18<-- 1/2 damage on a miss to all in the area.


Are me and Jeriko present yet?


I assumed that Juce and Jeriko arrived at Baniss and Bolt's position at the same time Desh and Six did. If you did something different, now is the time to clairify it.
And where is Jerrn? I want to see him swing that Lightsaber...


Initiative 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Following Desh around the corner he sees his intentions as he hears the thum of his weapon switching to auto-fire, follows his lead Juce flips his rifle to auto-fire and opens up on the bounty hunters and the trandoshian.

Area attack on the same squares Desh fired on; 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15, dmg 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 3 = 15


Jerrn was standing outside the shop, still scanning for the doomed hunters.

Turkey is my kryptonite...


Jeriko, you still around?


retired

Aye! I'm still here

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 d'oh! figures, right after that awesome perception role in front of the gunshop my next d20 would totally tank /sadtrumpet


Jerrn:

Remember, those hunters were already gone by the time you got out front of the store. You saw Jeriko there, maybe he saw or heard where they went.
Then the rest of the guys ran to their swoop bikes and took off to the Cantina area. Did you go with them then?


Darth Camris wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Aye, Jerrn would have gone, after looking about to make sure he couldn't see the doomed krayt-chow.

501 to 550 of 1,098 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.