Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Six people find themselves deep in the outer rim with nothing but blank memories, looted clothing, a stolen ship and more questions than all put together.


1 to 50 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

.
IT IS 3,954 BBY
.
.
.
.
IN THE LEHON SYSTEM, THE REPUBLIC CLASHES WITH THE SITH AT THE BATTLE OF RAKATA PRIME.

REVAN DEFEATS DARTH MALAK IN A DUEL.

THE REPUBLIC DEFEATS THE SITH EMPIRE AS THE STAR FORGE IS DESTROYED AND WITH IT THE JEDI CIVIL WAR FINALLY COMES TO AN END.

REVAN LEAVES ONCE MORE FOR THE UNKNOWN REGIONS.

SITH LORDS, FORMERLY LOYAL TO DARTH REVAN AND MALAK, BEGIN BREAKING THE SITH EMPIRE INTO SMALLER DOMAINS, DECLARING THEMSELVES SOVEREIGN WARLORDS.

THE REPUBLIC BEGINS TO ROLL UP THE SITH IMPIRIAL REMNANTS, AND THE PEOPLE FEEL HOPE AGAIN AS FINAL PEACE IS IN SIGHT…


You are standing alone on the darkened bridge of a capital ship.

Ahead of you a gigantic viewscreen gives a panoramic view of a dense star field.

Against that backdrop is the inky black form of a cloaked figure. You feel a hunger coming from it, so vast and deep and… and Gnawing. It seems beyond the Dark side, beyond Evil; a kind of ultimate Nothingness. You feel it pulling at you. Your life force.

A beautiful blue-green world slowly rotates into view. You feel the eagerness erupt as it’s hunger increases.

Then…

It becomes aware of you and you are struck by a horrible fear.

Slowly it turns to face you. You can see nothing of its face; it is covered by a Krath ghost-mask.

A sudden red glare erupts it turns on a lightsaber, a thin core of blackness marring the light.

You know it’s coming for you. You and your whole team.

A name comes to you, dimly.

Darth Nihilus.

What do you do?


The large farmboy backs up slightly, taking a defensive stance. His lightsaber ignites, its green glow illuminating a man in his 20's with a wide face, deeply inset eyes and a slightly worried look on his face. His hair is sandy blonde and his voice is steady as he speaks.

"Welllll. Looks like we got ourselves a fight here, y'all. Ah reckon Ah should have seen this one comin'." He circles to his left, moving slowly but steadily.


The disorientation fades quickly, and instincts kick in as the tall, yellow-skinned Feeorin takes in his surroundings.

Fear and hatred war with training as he watches the cloaked figure ignite his tell-tale red lightsaber. The fear and hatred - borne of years of pain and cruelty - cry for the monster's blood, but a reckless soldier is usually a dead soldier. Behind this emotional war, Desh's mind takes stock of the situation.

Armor - none. Grenade launcher - broken. Carbine - in auto-fire. Vibro-blade - locked. Now to the target and the environment….
Knowledge: Tactics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25.

His attention snaps back to the slowly advancing figure, dark red eyes fiercely mirroring the crimson blade as his lips pull back in a grim but silent snarl.

Only one tactic against force-users… overwhelm the *@#%!-ers!

The thought is drowned out as Desh white-knuckles the trigger to his carbine blaster, and the dark room is thrown into a strobe-like stark lighting as a stream of plasma bursts towards the target.

Blaster Carbine attack in auto-fire mode - targetting the sith.
Blaster Carbine (A - 2x2 AoE) 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 5 = 3; Damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3, 8) + 2 = 19.


Game Closed

Six lets fly a number of choice Zabrakian curses as he brings his cabine to bear on the... Jedi? He shakes off the confusion and focuses on the oncoming threat.

Fjandinn! What's going on? Who or what in víti is that?!

Darth Camris:
He's also thinking, "Wake up, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!!!!!!"

The masked figure fills his scope, and he sends a bolt of compressed plasma energy flying toward the horrific visage. A flare of more blaster fire flashes to his left, a harmonious opera of red electric death enveloping the death's-head figure.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 5 = 13
Damage (Aim, Dead Eye, Devastating Attack, Area Attack~2x2 square): 4d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6, 8, 2) + 2 + 2 = 24

Edit: Dropped the moves action from my earlier post, as I can't aim, move, and shoot.


Dax stands stock still, one foot slightly behind the other, fists clenched and raised by his hips as he takes in the scene, moving not a muscle as he calmly gazes at the Sith Lord as the tell-tale sign of his red lightsaber illuminates his death mask.

A slight twitch is the only movement as he battles his emotions, fight or flee? Fight or flee? Every instict in his body tells him to turn and run, he has no chance of surviving a battle with a sith lord no less. 'RUN!' his mind screams and his eye twitches.

'Fear.' he thinks calmly to himself, trying to see through the haze of emotion. 'Fear is of the dark. Calm. Ride it out. Calm.' taking a deep breath he repeats the mantra to himself. Breathing out he springs into action, betraying no emotion as he meets the dark lords gaze, no emotion but pitty.

Surge; 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Don't worry." he says as he surges into range of the monster. "This will all be over soon."

Falling back on his teachings he allows the force to flow through his hands as he attacks in a flurry of blows.

Attack; Rapid Strike; 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Rapid- Telekinetik Strike; 2d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + (3) + 5 = 19


Game Closed

Over the din of battle, Six makes out a few words from one of the men nearby.

Dax Oan wrote:
"Don't worry." he says as he surges into range of the monster. "This will all be over soon."

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...


No matter what you did, Darth Nihilus seems to just suck the energy into his body. And as you begin your last futile charge, he grasps his hand in a gesture, and you can feel the life being pulled from your body. You can actually see a purplish radiance leaving your teams bodies and being pulled into the Sith Lord.

You can feel yourself strangling, drowning...
.
.
.
...you expell the last of the liquid from your lungs, gasping and choking on a metal deck. Looking up you see that you are lying buck naked in the middle of an industrial processing lab.

Nearby you see a kind of pod, its door open and a strange Kolto-like fluid still spilling over it's threshold. Pipes and conduits flow everywhere.
In the middle of the chamber is a raised control station, with numerous sensor and control panels.
The air reeks of medicine, burned insulation and burned flesh.

As you struggle to sit up, you see the bodies. People in lab coats, a couple of corporate security guards, and some guys who are neither.

CLICK for the Map.


Jerrn grasps the edge of the pod. "What in the name of Alderaan is goin' on?!?"


Once again Desh fights the disorientation, but this time his groggy brain fights to move above a space slug's pace. He pulls himself up from where he lies in the oddly padded pod, and a mucusy rivulet falls from his face and tendrils onto his chest. Gross.

Jerrn wrote:
"What in the name of Alderaan is goin' on?!?"

Desh turns to look at the source of the question, surprised to see the broad-chested human sitting there in only his pink skin. Somehow they look even weaker naked, he thinks, but decides to keep that thought to himself.

Desh responds in a deep, rumbling voice, "Not a clue." One giant yellow hand goes again to his head, "But I feel like I just got sh!t out by a bantha."

Then he notices the acrid smells, and he looks around to take in his surroundings. The other pods, the medical machinery, then the bodies - medical, security, and the others.

Start with the obvious… he thinks as he forces his body upright. As he moves to one of the bodies he can't identify (the ones who aren't medical or corporate security), he looks once again at the broad human, "So none of this makes sense to you, huh?" He continues talking as he checks the body for a pulse then begins searching the body for any identifying marks or items. "The name's Desh, and if you find a cigar anywhere in here, I'll arm-wrestle ya for it."

Perception (to search bodies) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24.
He'll keep an eye out for clothing that will fit him - on any of the bodies, though he'd prefer clothes that were on a security type.


Rising to his hands and knees Dax spits and coughs out the last of the liquids, raising his head his long hair falling out over his head he plods down into a sitting postition and tries to make sence of his surroundings.

"Where am I?" he manages as he closes his eyes and tries to feel the ryth and flow of the force.

UTF; Sence Surroundings, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Game Closed

Quick to adapt, Six sets to searching the bodies. Weapons, security access cards - anything useful.

Feeling the cool recycled air against his damp skin, he reminds himself to keep an eye out for a pair of pants in his size.


Game Closed

Perception, if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Desh wrote:
"The name's Desh, and if you find a cigar anywhere in here, I'll arm-wrestle ya for it."

Six pauses in his search for weapons at the Feeorin's introduction.

"Desh!? What are you doing here? Hell, what am I doing here?"


Dax wrote:
"Where am I?"

Desh looks over briefly to spot a second human climbing from a pod, then continues searching. "None of us know. And these guys…" he bumps the body he's currently searching on the head, ".. don't seem to in the answerin' mood."

He seems about to say something else when Six pipes up, and Desh flashes a confused look over towards him. Despite his tone, he smiles at the Zabrak, "Hell! No wonder I'm havin' a bad day.. Six is here. What's it been? A year?"

Still searching. :)


Jerrn pulls himself out of the pod, stretching and popping his joints as he goes. He moves over to one of the bodies, that of a lab coat, and begins searching it, taking his time to be thorough.

"Well, I jes' had a terrible dream about being beaten on by a Sith Lord, then I woke up here with you lot in them pods. I don't know you from Sally and I figure this here lot might have some answers. Anybody found a data card or pass anywhere on 'em?"

Jerrn finishes the search and stands. "And we're all nekkid. I swear, this is not the life I had in mind when I left the moisture farm. I'm Jerrn. Jerrn Darklighter. You lot know each other?"


Desh stops his search, looking up at the big human, "Hmmm... not too far from what I just woke from." He looks at the pods from which they all just climbed. "Wonder if it was projected into our minds."

Then he looks over at Dax before continuing his search, "I dont know that one. Me and the Zabrak shared a few tours a while back. Don't know many who shoot better'n he does. Also don't know many who get into more trouble."

"Moisture farmer, huh? That sounds.... exciting."


Desh wrote:


"Moisture farmer, huh? That sounds.... exciting."

"'Bout as exciting as it sounds. Why do you think I left"


Still sitting with his hands in his lap Dax opens his eyes at the mention of the dream. "I was having the same dream. You felt familiar in it, like we were part of a team." Feeling calmer he gets up and goes to stand over the corpses, in no hurry to neither arm nor dress himself. "Do you see any markings on them? Any identifyers?"

KN; Social Sciences to identify any corporate markings; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Looking around, you realize that a fierce battle took place here, blaster pockmarks and carbon scoring are all around the room, and the dead bodies were definitely shot multiple times. It looks like the lab coated guys had taken cover behind the computer consoles in the middle of the room. It didn’t do them much good, and blasterfire has completely trashed the control equipment.

It also looks like the pods that were hit and damaged were the ones you were occupying.

Dax, Using the Force to Sense his surroundings:

The first thing you notice is the Force. It is roaring by you like you were in a wind tunnel. You have never felt anything like it before.
Aside from that, you can feel knots of fear, rage and death.
You hear blaster shots in the distance beyond the doors, pistol, rifle and repeater.

When you search the bodies...

Searching the bodies, you find:

On the two security guys you find
Combat Jumpsuit, Helmet, Blaster Pistol, hip holster, Two power packs, medpac, Credit chip (one with 33 and one with 61 credits), Short-range comlink, Binder cuffs, blue security card “Security Agent [Tolin Keff and Gabara Elin]”

On one lab guy
Civilian jumpsuit, lab coat, holdout blaster pistol, one powercell, Credit chip (71 credits), medpac, white security card “Lab Technician Hale Torver”

Other lab guy
Civilian jumpsuit, lab coat, holdout blaster pistol, one powercell, short range comlink, Datapad, Code Cylinder, pocket scrambler, Credit chip (550 credits), red security card “Project Manager Ire Kaladius”

The three other bodies are dressed in mismatched leather clothing, heavily tattooed and generally giving every appearance of being a swoop gang member.
Fiber Armor, Pulse wave pistol, hip holster, four power packs, short range comlink, speeder bike codekey.

Dax:

You don't know any of the insignia, but you can tell the equipment is of the highest of high technology. Core world tech.


The outer clothing of the dead men seem wearable (but, ugh, not the underwear).

While you're searching, one of the gang's comlinks crackles to life.
"Bones! Bones, where the (&%$%^# are you? I'm comin' buddy!"


Camris:
KN; Galactic Lore to see if I realize whats going on with the force; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Thers a blaster fight going on outside." Dax states as he scans over the corpses, "I don't recognize the insignia but the equipment is definately core-world tech, very high tech." Bending down he starts stripping the lab technician of his jumpsuit and putting it on along with his boots.

"Let's gather up any usable equipment. Better to have it and not need it than the other way around."

Freezing in his tracks as the comlink crackles he quickly picks up the remainder of technician Hale's equipment, checking the power supply of the hold out blaster as he stands up.


Desh nods to the skinny one, "Good call, but I missed your name, human. You must have killer ears… I didn't hear any shots fired."

Or he's a force-user… what other surprises do we have in this room? He does, however, take the man's advice.

The big feeorin looks across all the dead bodies, and finds that only one outfit is even close to fitting - that of one of the supposed swoop gang members. "So why the hell does a swoop gang bust up a medical joint with top-of-the-line defense personnel?" Regardless, he strips the leathers off the gang-member and puts it on… followed by his armor, weapons, and all. It's a squeeze getting into the fiber armor, but at least it's functional.

As he stands he gives his new pulse wave pistol the once over, testing the power packs, housing, and trigger before slamming the power pack back into place. A comforting BWEEEEEEEEEEEEE of the chamber loading makes him smile.

"Now that's more like it. Six, this fiber armor is a bit tougher than those combat jumpsuits, but I'm not sure if one of us should be dressed like a facility security guy or not. Could come in handy if we have to get crafty out there."

He looks at the broad human, "They teach you to use a blaster in the fields, farm-boy?"

He then casts about for anything else useable, but specifically for any decent close-combat weapons and a duffel bag to jam everything else into. (He'd be especially keen to get his hands on any Advanced Melee Weapons.) As he looks for those, he swings by any remaining unopened pods to see what's in them. (Can we see into them without opening them up? Are they sealed?)

As he looks, he talks, "So what do you guys figure is going on here? I mean, I don't have a clue how we got here. And I sure as hell don't remember falling asleep in a test tube. This some kind of mental conditioning joint? All I remember is that dream, but that coulda' been piped into our brains in these tin-cans."

Not looking back, he gestures to the active comm through which the man just shouted, "If we're gonna work together, we should all grab a comm and set them accordingly. And will one of you either answer that or shut it off?"

Adding fiber armor, the pulse wave pistol, two power packs (Six should take at least 2), a short-range comm, hip holster, two speeder code-keys, and swoop leathers to his inventory. I'll add more as Camris updates me on what Desh finds in his extended search.

If nothing else is turned up in his search, he helps stuff any cred sticks, ammo, weapons, or security cards in his pockets before heading for the door. He stops, looking back at the readying group. There is a smile on his lips, "So, what do you suppose we have behind door number 1?"


"Dax, Dax Oan. Your Desh, he's Six, he's Jerrn." Dax states as he goes over to the other body in a labcoat and rifles through his pockets.

"We have a security card a datapad and a code cylinder here, let's see what he's working on." he says as he powers up the datapad and inserts the code cylinder with the pocket scrambler. Take 10 use computer, untrained; 10 + 2 = 12 and pocket Project Manager Ire Kaladius's stuff.


Game Closed

Finding some leathers and boots that fit, Six dresses and scoops up a blaster pistol, holster, and a pair of power packs, along with binder cuffs and the swoop codekey. Grabbing empty containers from a nearby table, he drops in the credit chips and security cards, along with the medpack.

Desh wrote:
Six, this fiber armor is a bit tougher than those combat jumpsuits, but I'm not sure if one of us should be dressed like a facility security guy or not."

Six displays his acquired leathers like a new tuxedo. "My thoughts exactly, Desh. Besides, that bulky garbage will only slow me down - look what good it did these guys, after all."

Grabbing the squawking comlink and the blast helmet, Six steps over to the nearest broken console. Pointing the com away, he activates it and activates the com intermittently, smashing the helmet into the consoles and yelling.

"ot this under contro... secure the fron..."

His performance at an end, Six tosses the blast helmet into a pile along with the other clothing.


Be sure to save your initial equipment loadout somewhere; who knows, you might run into it again.

Desh can sort of make the leathers/fiber armor work by ripping strategic seams, but you worry about its effectiveness.

Dax fiddles with the datapad, but he finds that the code cylinder does not fit it. It most likely would fit a full computer workstation.
The scrambler fits over a comlink.
With a curse you desist; the datapad is code locked. It will take several hours at a workstation to crack it.

When you examine the other pods closely, you see that there is a sliding viewport.
Looking in you recoil in horror for a moment. Inside are the remains of men; so withered that you can hardly tell they were humanoid at one time.

Memory flash:

You see Caels get hit by one of those purple radiance-whatevers from Darth Nihilus; in seconds he shrinks into a withered husk, and Nihilus stands tall again. It was like he was never injured at all. And he keeps on coming!

As Six finishes his performance, you hear from the gangers comlink; "I'm comin' Bones! Just hang on! Blast that bridge will ya?"
You all hear a WHUMP from some medium distance outside the southern door. Then a bang and a clatter on the door itself.
Some repeater fires a long burst close by as well.


Game Closed

"Fjandinn! Six grabs shoves the credit chips and security cards into his pockets, and tosses the medpack to Desh. Grabbing the second comlink, and turning the volume to maximum he lays it under one of the fallen gang members. He calls to the others in a hushed voice. "Get behind those tanks - let them get inside, and take them by surprise." Suiting actions to words, Six ducks behind the tank closest to the thudding door.

Move to K.21
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Without a word Dax follows Six's orders and hurriedly ducks behind the pod in front of the door, hunkering down he awaits the entrance of the unknown friend or foe. "Anybody have a clue if either faction is friendly?"

Take postition at F 14, stealth; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


"Not a clue," Desh says as he looks around the room, trying to determine what the best position is for an ambush. Knowledge: Tactics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23. "Unless you guys are really, really charming, i'd say it's best to act like everyone's an enemy... well, present company excluded, of course."

As he moves into position (G-14 if the knowledge check doesn't supply some additional tactical information), he gives a look back at the pod he searched. "There are some jacked up guys in those pods... somewhat like i remember a squad-mate looking when that Sith - the one from our dream - hit him with those purple waves. Those bodies have been dead a long time."

As he gets into place, he hides as best he can. Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.


Oh, completely missed that Dax was there. In that case, Desh will take cover behind the pod (?) in K-17... which would put him in K-16. If i'm mis-reading the map, and those black things are bodies, then put Desh on the raised thing in the middle, on his stomach.


Game Closed

I think that the blue hexagons are tanks, and the black shapes are bodies, but I'm not 100% sure. That would put you at F.10 or N.21, if true.




  • Large hexagons are pods,
  • Black squares inside the control station are dead lab guys,
  • Black squares outside the control station are dead security guys,
  • Black triangles are dead gangers.


I guess Desh will be in N-20. I'd liek to be close enough to close with whoever comes through those doors if the situation necessitates it.


Did I miss the map?

Jerrn will take one of the holdout pistols and gather any credit chips or IDs that weren't taken. When the noises start, he'll assume a position toward the rear of the group.


Game Closed

Map Bump


Six:

Six, your character sheet looks like level 4, you know you're Level 5 now right?

Dax: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Desh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Jerrn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Six: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Gang: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

======================================

Surprise round--

DAX OAN
DESH
SIX
JERRN DARKLIGHTER


One of the southern doors slides aside in a shriek and a shower of sparks. Darting through are a human, a twilek, and a zabrak; all wearing the filty leather and fiber armors of the dead gangers and bearing either pulse-wave or sonic weapons. The human skids to a stop at the nearest ganger body. You can see he is wired (probably on some illegal substance) and terrified.

"Bones! Dammit bones, ya shoulda waited fer us!"
Perception Red-1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception Red-2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
But they both seem oblivious to you guys as you hide.

The Twilek looks like he's going for the central computer station. Maybe looking for either cover or something to loot.

The zabrak is looking back through the door as a wookie with what looks like mange and bones braided into his fur backs through the door.
He is firing a repeater of some kind and roaring in defiance.

Perception DC15:

Odd, there doesn't seem to be anyone firing at him. Why is he shooting?

Go!


->I guess you'll want a map.<-

Surprise round--

DAX OAN
DESH
SIX
JERRN DARKLIGHTER


Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

'Great, junkies.' Stepping up Dax swiftly makes his way along the pod he was hiding behind to come up by the zabrak staring out the door. Gliding to him Dax comes up with two swift jabs to his head, aiming to put him down swiftly.

To hit; 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage non-leathal; 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 8) + 4 = 16
If the attack hits the force point stacks with the damage roll instead of the attack roll; 1d6 ⇒ 4


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8.
Wow... both of us starting with a 1... the dice are just being cruel.

Well, hell! Desh thinks, I guess we're closing to hand-to-hand early, then...

Always more comfortable up-close, Desh rushes the third man into the room, ending with a solid heel-kick to the man's gut. "Six! The wookie! And let's take one or two alive to get some answers!"

Move to I-19, unarmed strike.
Unarmed (also non-lethal) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21;
---> Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.


Game Closed

Darth Camris:
I double checked my bio - I think I just mislabeled my soldier levels, and my Dead Eye feat (Soldier level 4.) All the stats should be right, but if you see something specific that doesn't balance out, please let me know. Thanks!
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Eyes open, ladies!

Six peeks around the cover of the kolto tank, and pops off a shot at the wookiee. "I think that wookiee is as crazed as a jawa in a droid factory - he's either shooting at nothing, or they just aren't shooting back!"

Attack (Aim, Deadeye): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 1) + 2 = 14


Jerrn fires the holdout, aiming at one of the men entering. He doesn't give much thought to the shot, he's too busy wondering where his lightsaber is and trying to sense its familiar prescence.

Use the Force: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Holdout Blaster: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage: 3d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 2 = 8


Surprise round--

DAX OAN______________________________
Stepping up Dax swiftly makes his way along the pod he was hiding behind to come up by the Zabrak staring out the door. Gliding to him Dax comes up and lands two swift jabs to his head, his hand blurring with the Force empowered Telekinetic Strike, dealing 20 nonlethal. The Zabrak staggers back 5 feet, reeling.

DESH__________________________________
Desh rushes the Zabrak, ending with a solid heel-kick to the man's gut for 9 nonlethal. The combined damage with Dax’ strike hurl the zabrak unconscious through the air to hit the Wookie in the back and bounce off, his sonic carbine clattering to the deck.
"Six! The wookie! And let's take one or two alive to get some answers!"

SIX____________________________________
Six peeks around the cover of the kolto tank, and pops off a shot at the wookiee, hitting him in the back for 14. The Wookie roars in pain as it stumbles.
"I think that wookiee is as crazed as a jawa in a droid factory - he's either shooting at nothing, or they just aren't shooting back!"

JERRN DARKLIGHTER_______________________
Jerrn fires the holdout, aiming at Red-2, but misses him; the shot srikes a pipe over Six’ head, a loud blast of pressurized gas shrieks over his head. He doesn't give much thought to the shot, he's too busy wondering where his lightsaber is...

Jerrn:

You don’t sense your lightsaber. But you do sense a disturbance in The Force, even through the windtunnel-like pressure. You can tell someone else is searching the force… for people like you.

Darth Camris:

Red-1 (Human): 30
Red-2 (Twilek): 27
Red-3 (Zabrak): 0 nonlethal, unconscious.
Red-4 (Wookie): 36, condition -1

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


CLICK for the Map.

ROUND 1--

DAX OAN
DESH
SIX
JERRN DARKLIGHTER
GANGERS


No one's shooting back?!

As the first man falls unconscious, Desh turns to engage the wookie, trying to slam his fist into the creature's thick skull, "DROP THE REPEATER, WOOKIE!"

Charge to G-21 (AC down to 18 til next round).
Unarmed (non-lethal damage) 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23.
---> Damage + force point for more damage 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2) = 14.

If the attack hits, use a Force point for damage as well as his Feeorin Brutal racial power - so the wookie's Damage Threshold is treated as 5 lower for the attack.


Sigz pointed out that I can't use a force point for extra damage for Desh. So, no force point spent in teh previous post, which makes damage on the hit 12 - still using the Brutal racial ability to reduce the wookie's Damage threshold by 5, though.


Hearing Six's warning Dax takes a moment to cast his sences down the corridor to see if he can sence other lifeforms battling the wookie.

UTF; Sence Surroundings 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Fail...

Unable to center his feelings he feels only the hurricane that is the force around him. "I can't sence anyone down there, the force is troubled here." he states as he follows after Desh to attack the wookie.

Rapid strike vs. wookie, non-leathal + force point if it hits. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9, 2d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 + (1) = 13


Jerrn moves cautiously forward to H-14 and fires at #2!

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Damage: 3d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 2 = 8

"Gentlemen? Remember our friend from the dream we all shared? I think he might be lookin' for us. I got the heebie-jeebies somethin' fierce here."


Game Closed

Toggling a switch on the blaster, Six sets the pistol to stun, and fires another volley at the hallucinating wookiee. Instinct and training kick in, and the blueish plasma shots easily thread the space between Desh and Dax, and at the drugged furball beyond. "I really didn't need to hear that right now, Jedi. I really did not."

Attack (Precise Shot): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage (stun): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13


Jerrn Darklighter wrote:
"Gentlemen? Remember our friend from the dream we all shared? I think he might be lookin' for us. I got the heebie-jeebies somethin' fierce here."

"Ah, hell!"


ROUND 1--

DAX OAN______________________________
Hearing Six's warning Dax takes a moment to cast his senses down the corridor to see if he can sense other lifeforms battling the wookie.
Unable to center his feelings he feels only the hurricane that is the force around him.
"I can't sense anyone down there, the force is troubled here." he states as he follows after Desh to attack the wookie.
His hand blurs again as he rapid strikes the Wookie, but it’s like striking a hairy treetrunk and he makes no impression.

DESH_________________________________
As the first man falls unconscious, Desh charges to engage the wookie.
Slamming his fist into the creature's thick skull for 12, he shouts "DROP THE REPEATER, WOOKIE!"

SIX___________________________________
Toggling a switch on the blaster, Six sets the pistol to stun, and fires another volley at the hallucinating wookiee. Instinct and training kick in, and the blueish plasma shots easily thread the space between Desh and Dax, and at the drugged furball beyond. He hits for 13 nonlethal.
"I really didn't need to hear that right now, Jedi. I really did not."

JERRN DARKLIGHTER_____________________
Jerrn moves cautiously forward and fires at the Twilek, but misses.
"Gentlemen? Remember our friend from the dream we all shared? I think he might be lookin' for us. I got the heebie-jeebies somethin' fierce here."

GANGERS_______________________________
Red-1 (Human): Runs toward the other side of the room, firing his blasters at Six.
Blaster 1 vs Six RefD21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Miss.
Blaster 2 vs Six RefD21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Miss.
Red-2 (Twilek): Startled, total defense rolls behind the center computer station.
Red-3 (Zabrak): Unconscious.
Red-4 (Wookie): Staggering and clearly a little woozy under the assault, the Wookie roars in pain and rage, then steps forward and turns around.
For a moment you note that he is using what looks like a couple of light repeating pulse-wave rifles welded together in an open bracket, a power cable leading up an arm to the generator on his back. Then the gun roars as well.
Autofire, braced, vs Dax Oan RefD20 vs Desh RefD20: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 - 1 = 25 Hit! for 4d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 4) = 15 energy damage to both.

Darth Camris:

Red-1 (Human): 30
Red-2 (Twilek): 27
Red-3 (Zabrak): 0 nonlethal, unconscious.
Red-4 (Wookie): 11 nonlethal, condition -1

1 to 50 of 1,098 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars - The Covenant of Shadows All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.