Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke

A group of mercs are joining the infamous Zedora the Hut in his attempt to take total control of the galactic underworld.


351 to 400 of 1,554 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru runs a quick check of his gear, gives everyone else the once over, considers the medium armor and when he might get a chance to up-grade his personal armor....

"Let's double check the vehicle and droid before we take off."

"Anyone got a thermal detonator?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeebo listens to you chatter amongst yourselves for a bit then finally, without an expression, he gestures for you to follow him.

Once out of sight and earshot of the other mercs Yeebo turns to face you guys. "Your serious about this? You not the same as the other rabble we've gathered I see and that kind of bothers me." The little rodian straightens up. "You are right. Tomorrows mission is a suicide mission. The palace is a fortress and we are technically sending you to your graves. The goal was to cause a distraction here on Tatooine while our main warriors storm the planets moon Lok. We are trying to draw Nym's forces away from his stronghold so we can attack him directly. Nym's presence on Tatooine is strategically important to him also." Yeebo start to pace. "Listening to you I realize you are better than fodder. I will allow you to go through with your plan to take the palace and keep them from digging in. I have decided to accompany you myself. I know this is in direct violation of Zedora's orders but I think you are worth the risk and hopefully in time he will see it also. Though Zedora is known for being a good judge of character and would readily accepted you had he had the chance to meet you. That said, we'll make this work."

Yeebo pulls out a hollow projector to show both Jabba's palace and Nym's stronghold. "The goal was to create a diversion while we take Nym at his core. It would have succeeded at the cost of all the mercenaries present. I believe we can take the palace also. Since losses are expected it won't matter if we succeed or fail. If we do succeed it will be because of you four and no one else. That said, if and when we succeed, I will be recruiting you into my personal elite. A group that may one day receive special training from me in the ways of the force, otherwise you will be a high cut above any who work for Zedora save myself. If we fail, you weren't worth considering in the first place. Now, You will have your thermal detonators, I keep quite a few with me. I will go and set up the soldiers to attack when they're suppose too and then will rejoin you for the advance. Can you all agree to this?" He waits for your response.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"So really we only have to convince the palace they are under full scale assault, rather than conduct an actual full scale assault?"

"I think training in the force might be the next step in my martial arts training, so if you and I both survive I agree."

"We found and got a droideka running, did any other reports receieved indicate other droidekas?"


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl looks surprised at Yeebo's straight forward talk.

"I appreciate you being straight with us. I am willing to take a risk if it would mean success rather than waste my life on something I know to be a failure. I am with you".


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin shrugs "Fine with me."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Snap out of it Ellaior an answer the man!"


Male Duros Scout 2

Ellor relaxes internally as the situation is clarified. "I am agreeable to that. Thank you for the further details; it is much easier to carry a job when one knows precisely what one is facing."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"That was a good speech."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Let's roll!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the delay. Been real tired lately. I am good for now.

Yeebo just stares and then heads to the skiff. "Come on. Lets make this work."

Yeebo fiddles with the controls a bit and then holds his hand just above the console. "Hang on. I just increased the speed output of this thing. We want to catch the retreaters before they reach the palace." Once you are all on board the skiff shoots off at an alarming speed. You all hang on for dear life.

You race across the desert for about twenty minutes when you come across three fleeing skiffs. Yeebo turns to you. "I am leaving. One of you take over the controls, don't let them escape!"

With that Yeebo steps back from the controls. The skiff slows down a bit as it comes close to the other skiffs. Occupants of the fleeing vehicles open fire. Yeebo draws a vibrant yellow lightsaber and begins deflecting bolts. Then as soon as you are close enough, Yeebo does an impossible leap to one of the other skiffs and starts swinging.

Your turn.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Aims for one of the other speeders.

Speeder Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage 5d10 ⇒ (4, 7, 5, 3, 1) = 20

confirm critical?
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl's eyes go wide as Yeebo leaps off of the skiff and onto the enemies' skiff. "That is a sight I never thought I would see again", he whispers. Drawing his new Blaster Rifle Jarl takes a shot at the enemies.

Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Blaster Damage 3d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 3) = 17

Man this dice roller is not loving me lately.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Notices the nice hit he made on the first craft and considers if that craft has been slowed or likely to not make it to the palace.....

Profession engineer
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"I do like the jedi style of combat!"


Male Duros Scout 2

Will get a post up in the morning. It's been a rough last several days.


Male Duros Scout 2

Pilot 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Ellor takes over the controls, keeping on the heels of the enemy skiffs, clearly enjoying himself and his current role.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

not being certain one way or the other he plans to down the other speeder cleanly and quickly.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin takes aim to help shoot down speeders.

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 273d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 6) = 14

Crit Confirm:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 223d8 ⇒ (6, 7, 1) = 14


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"We've caught them sleeping!"

makes second attack......at the second speeder, still leaving the jedi to his speeder.

Speeder Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage 5d10 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 5, 10) = 30


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl continues to assist Yeebo firing at foes outisde of his lightsaber range. Jarl is not sure whether Yeebo is a Jedi but it does seem the force is with him.

Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Blaster Damage 3d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 5) = 14


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You guys moved on to the next round? Okay, in this scenario that works. Nice shooting BTW.

Your two round volley from your vessel causes a notieable amount of damage on the two skiffs, I did have to make a couple of adjustments to your damage rolls though

The "Skiff" not speeder you are riding has three mounted Blaster Cannons. 19-20 crit range and 4d8 worth of damage. Just to specify.

There aren't many counter attacks and the few that do fire at you miss widly. Yeebo is still masterfully carving his way through the skiff he is on. He'll be done with it in another two rounds.

Your turns.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"I think Yeebo is right about this riff-raff!"

Skiff blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 4d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 5) = 11


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl fires a round at the second skiff as it looks like Yeebo has it well in hand.

Skiff Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Blaster Damage 4d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 7, 4) = 22


Male Duros Scout 2

Pilot 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Ellor continues to hound the other driver, staying right on his tail, and even bumping right up along side to disrupt his opponent's stability a bit.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin focus on firing the Skiff Blaster.

Attack and Damage Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 84d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 7, 7) = 22


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Thanks to Ellor careening into one of the fleeing skiffs, all your shots go wide. This presents a new opportunity now as you are close enough to one of the skiffs to leap across and engage in melee if you desire. Or you could continue to shoot. The skiffs started with eight people each. The one you are currently next to has only six people on it at the moment. Yeebo is down to the last two men on his skiff and the third skiff has taken some significant damage also. I went ahead and divyed your shots among the skiffs cause they were so good.

You need to make Acrobatics checks, DC 14 or be staggered for one round
Stagger: you only get one action.
Your turns.


Male Human Soldier 4

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Jarl takes a shot at the foes on the adjacent skiff.

Skiff Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Blaster Damage 4d8 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 5) = 18


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Acrobatics check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"I don't care how you pilot this bucket of bolts! I can still shoot!"

Skiff blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage 4d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 8, 1) = 24


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Acrobatics check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Torin catches himself before firing once again.
Attack and Damage Rolls:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 204d8 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 8) = 18


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"The force is with us!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Volley of firepower from your ship rips the enemies a new one. Damage on the opposing skiff is severe.

Yeebo has finished cutting down all the members of the first skiff and leaps to the second with ease as the previous ship crashes and burns.

The survivors of the skiff you are battling return fire. Venkru takes a hit for 13 vitality

Your turn.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru takes a hit and responds
"So they managed to identify the threat!"

Skiff blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage 4d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 2, 1) = 15


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl frowns at his errant shots the force does not appear to be with me.

Skiff Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Blaster Damage 4d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 8, 8) = 27


Male Duros Scout 2

Pilot 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Seeing that the others are content to simply fire away at the skiff, Ellor backs up enough to give them room to do so while staying close to the enemy skiff.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin keeps on aiming and firing the blaster.
Attack and Damage Roll:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 164d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 5) = 21


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all manage to shoot the last of the enemy off of the fleeing skiff. Yeebo is having his way with the remaining foes. Feel free to fire at them and help your little purple leader out.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Let's mop this mess up!"

Skiff blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 4d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 8) = 18


Male Human Soldier 4

Damn forgot about my point blank shot!

Jarl lays down more fire at the group's foes.

Skiff Blaster 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Blaster Damage 4d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 4) + 1 = 18

OK that is 2 - 1's on two different threads today, no more rolling today...


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Jarl, I think your shooting improves!"


Male Human Soldier 4

"Maybe I'm getting too old for this!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay I went ahead and RPed Torin. He shot again and hit.

In one more round it will be over so were just going to move on.

You finish off the last of the retreating foe. Yeebo masterfully leaps from the last skiff just as it crashes and lands nimbly on yours. He straightens up and nods. "Now they have no official warning. Lets stop at the outskirts and then I want to see you four in action. I will only help as an asset on the field but not in the tactical stage. I want to see what you come up with. Feel free to place me where you see fit. At this moment, I am putting you in charge. Try not to embarrass yourselves."

Once you see the palace you land in a rock formation just out of sensor range.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"So the lay of the land so to speak, what did everyone see as they came in?"

"First would be shields and shield generators, second would be heavy fortifications, third would be positions, fourth is entry points. Let's start with those four and go from there."


Male Human Soldier 4

Based on what we know Jarl will make a tactics roll to determine what he thinks is the best course of action. Knowledge Tactics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24. I like the idea of hitting the shield generator but would that tip our hand too early before the rest of the stragglers et there? Any way we can make a commando run sneak in and cut off the head?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

assuming Jarl verbalizes some of that....

"I know places everyone travels in and out are heavily guarded, places no one walks are mined, and we need a way in. I would also bet if we take out the shields our friends would bomb us right along with the palace."

Mostly trying to get an external layout in mind....


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

"The shield generators do have to be taken out, but Venkru is right with the bombing us as well. Though we could set up bomb with a timer, that would leave us with time to sneak in and get out. The problem here though would be how long would the timer be set for."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the delay fellas. I bit off a lot more than I could chew with some dumb moves I've made and have not be able to touch my star wars material much. Now back on track at least a little bit.

Yeebo nods. "IF the palace had a shield genorator I to would recommend we hit that but it doesn't. Instead it has thick walls, exterior guns and a garage full of battle skiffs and the rumor is that Nym replaced the Rancor too. The main gate, upper level hatches, and the garages are the points of entree I am aware of and all are likely to be heavily fortified."

Jarl:

Garage would be the best place to hit. Given it's location you guys will have cover all the way. If you have any skills in the matter, Ellor is included so look at his profile, then sabotaging the vehicles would be the best way to assist your allies in the coming raid. Only problem is a lot to do in very little time and with so few resources but it would be the most effective and even game changing option.

Found us a new player, Hope he joins us. Once I figure out his place in the story I will work him in. Hope you all still with us.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

dotting...


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl considers what Yeebo has to say. "Alright here is how I see it if we want to do this and keep our necks intact we should hit the garage. Its the farthest away from the main fortificatons and probably the easiset to get into undetected. While there we can sabotage their ability to counter-attack skiff to skiff and perhaps even find a way to penetrate the interior without having to take cover from the heavy blasters that will be protecting any approach from the outside of the compound. I guess its getting to the garage that is in question. Ellor is a hell of a lot sneakier then I am am so maybe he can sneak up and scout the place so we have a set of eyes that can tell us how best to approach.
Another idea and this one is a lot more risky is to take the enemy skiff which looks like it is still working decently and some of these scoundrels clothing and fly towards the garage with it. Before they realize we are not who they thought we were we should be close enough to at least get the doors open and gain access. I did something similar to this during the Battle of Tellanroaeg. One of the leiutenants have a splicer hack into the battle droids so we could use them to fly a transport to one of the seperatists outposts. Of course most of the guys on that team went down so it wasn't the most successful mission ever".


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin thinks on what Jarl said before saying "First one seems to be the safer plan, but could end badly if the enemy has surprises for us. I say we go with the garage."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Was hoping Venkru would post an opinion, guess he doesn't want to so I'm gonna move this along.

Ellor agrees to the sneaking. He moves up and a few moments later he chimes in via secure commlink to Jarl.

Commlink to Jarl and anyone with perception score of 10:

"This is Ellor. I'm in. Computer security isn't very tight. Mostly sentries and they were easy to slip past. I'm in now. Garage is full of skiffs but the most impressive piece of equipment they have is a hovertank. This thing has some serious firepower on it. Would wipe out are allies had we planned to just charge in. Also, The garage seems to be connected to the detension cell. If you guys move in I can try and start a prison break to provide a distraction. Your call Jarl. How do you want me to proceed?"

Yeebo is chilling off just waiting on you guys.


Male Human Soldier 4

[B] "Prison break? I love it, you take care of that and we will move in now!" Karl is ready to go if everyone else is!

351 to 400 of 1,554 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.