Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke

A group of mercs are joining the infamous Zedora the Hut in his attempt to take total control of the galactic underworld.


751 to 800 of 1,554 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh shook his tentacled head in mirth and disappointment.

Vapors! Youre right about that Venkru. Jarl is about as smooth as meteor blasted duracrete. Oh well, looks like it was a draw fellas.


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl chuckles at the icy response, "If you think I am delusional then you clearly don't know who I am. How do I know you are not just some crackpot, I have met any number of crazy dames in my travels. Give me a name and I will call my friends over to talk. Don't give me a name then I can't be sure I can trust you, if I can't be sure I can trust you, as far as I will trust anyone around here anyway, then our conversation is over. So what will it be? Give me the right answer and I may shoot who you ask me to, otherwise..."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Observe gents the classic pissing contest....."

Indicates the barkeep should provide another round and send drinks over for the "ladies"......


"I believe I asked for a name first, so you can answer, let your friends answer or I can just kill you, and no I didn't come alone either."
Under the table her hand is indeed on one of her blasters.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh frowned as negotiations werent going so well.

Sounds like our que fellas. I dont want to see Jarl catch a bad one here.

The Nautolan picked up his drink and walked over to join the pair.

Hey Yo, names Kloh Ryn Pul. This charming chap is Jarl and the others are Torin and Venkru. We're looking for Feedan and were told you could point us in his direction. Is this so?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Jarls an a%~!!&+, but he's our a~@%%+# unless you want to pay for a replacement, please try and leave him alive...."


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin nods in agreement with Venkru, before looking at the woman.


"Glad to see someone has some sense, and touch of loyalty, will wonders ever cease? I am Jaira, Feedan had some bussiness to attend too. Finish your drinks, then meet me outside, you are here to 'assist' me in a job. I lead, you follow, got a good idea or a question then speak up...except you, just stay quiet." She points at Jarl, then she gets up and leaves through a side door.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Now Kloh understood Jarl's disposition towards the woman.

Woah, not so fast sugar. You got some proof that you're with Feedan?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Jaira, leadership is more than saying you are leading. Leadership is briefing the team on the specifics of the mission, goals objective, hazards, obstacles, and enemies. I expect a full briefing, outside."


Sorry about the delay

Jaira lays a holorecorder on the table and selects a file to play,

The encrypted holo recorder comes to to life with the image of Grand Feedan. He is Kel-dor like Torin. He speaks gruffly. "Jaira I have been called to the front lines to assist. I am putting you in charge of the team High Commander Yeebo is sending up. He seems to think they have potential. We will see. What you are looking for is a Mandelorian, a Neotolan, a human, and a another Keldor. I have sent you the mission details in a separate file. The team should not give you too much trouble, I am told they are still green."

She turns to the mandelorian with a more amused face, "You are perhaps less green but I also have done the whole leadership thing before, in case you didn't notice this isn't exactly a secure location. I will brief you en route. Just keep your friend quiet."


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Well that's enough evidence for me. Lets get going before anyone takes more notice than we've drawn to ourselves already. Lead on Jaira.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Indeed!"


Male Human Soldier 4

Jarl chuckles at the Holocron, "I have more experience in the military then all of you put together. If you want to wear the big girl pants woman, lead the way, I don't mind taking orders from pretty women. I was married once so I know what it is like, let me know when you want my input till then I can stay silent if that is your preference".

As they walk outside Jarl turns to Kloh, "I like this one, she has spunk!"


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

"Doubt that Jarl. Lets go than." Torin says waiting for the others to start moving.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh moved towards the door and held it open for the others.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Lead the way!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay I am back in business now.

You all follow Jiara out to her waiting speeder and board up. She then takes you guys out.

Jiara, would you do the honers of briefing our players?


Once everyone gets in the speeder, she speeds off.

"Our mission is a simple search and disable. Our target is the defense mainframe of the slugs fortress. We will be uploading a virus, if possible, that will shut down all the mechs, if that's not possible, we can always hope they will are centrally controlled, which what I'm told but I won't count on it, I hate nasty surprises. Either way, we then pop the mainframe."

She hands Venkru a datachip with copies of what maps (annotated with notes and fallback positions) she's been able to obtain as well whatever intel she has which isn't much.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh sat back and watched Jaira handle the controls...she isnt bad I guess... as he listened to the plan.

When do we make our move?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Mechs an droids happens to be one of our favorite past-times, any chance the mechs are outfitted with either self-destruct or restraining bolts. A sub-routine in the virus might be a good bet that way if one virus fails another virus completes the job through an auxiliary system."

Smiles wickedly
"There is always a thermal detonator."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Why does everyone keep assuming Nym is a Hutt? He is a Feeorin. Look it up.


Male Human Soldier 4

Cause it makes him easier to hate. Everybody hates the Hutts, even other Hutts!


Actually, it had nothing to do with hutts, I just forgot that particular term would be weird in this universe for someone other then hutts.

"We move tonight at shift change, a little while from now, mostly travel time though."


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh nodded and was glad thaat they wouldnt be sitting around waiting for the call. He did wish theyd had more time to crank wrenches on teh droideka though.

You have the virus then Jaira? Is there multiple copies in case you fall?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru smiles a hint of a smile.

Aside to Kloh
..."You realize she may or may not have told us what her objective is, let it go, figure we come out richer win or lose."


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

The Nautolan nodded and eyed the datachip Venkru had Wish we'd bought a datapad. Would be good to get a heads up before rushing in.


Male Human Soldier 4

"Don't worry Kloh, I am sure General Jaira has it all under control. You just have to trust that the person assigned to lead your mission is competent and won't get you killed. In fact I remember being terrified to go to Mon Calamari on one of my first missions. For you I am sure it would have been no sweat you are from a water breathing species am I right? Me though I don't breathe water so we had to learn how to use that scuba gear. Getting shot at by Droids where even a grazing shot could destroy your suit now that was crazy! Yeah that was a hell of a ride. One of your people led that assault, Kit Fisto. Now that was a general I knew I could trust. I mean look at Yeebo and what he can pull off, General Fisto did some stuff you had to see to believe. There were so few of us left after that I knew all the clones in my outfit by name. Keep in mind back then almost all of the soldiers were clones in the Old Republic so you couldn't really tell the difference from person to person anyway. Weird how one guy could generate so many divergent personalities".


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

The young shipjacker was fascinated by Jarl's story. He searched his memory for Kit Fisto stories.

Knowledge/Spacer Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

You are correct. I am a Nautolan and able to breathe quite well underwater. I am jealous of your adventure on Mon Calamari...I have never been able to visit one of these water worlds or meet many others like me. When we have more time will you tell more of this Kit Fisto?

Jarl's tale had taken the edge off the situation and gave Kloh some relief in the fact that he was with a very capable group.


Male Human Soldier 4

"Sure I can tell you what I know Kloh not a problem. Most of my stories are seeing him in action. I only ever spoke to him twice in the entire time I was in his outfit. I was transferred to another unit before the end of the war and of course when it ended all the Jedi were dead so I never got another opportunity to speak to him again. Serving in the Empire was a bit different than serving in the Republic. I saw the 501st do things on Kashyyyk that still haunt my dreams. Glad I wasn't good enough for that outfit".


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"One day a full accounting of deeds will be in order, though those in the employ of some should go unaccounted."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all make your way to the designated mission site. It is several kilometers from Nym's fortress. The barren landscape of Lok provides little cover and breathing the air is unpleasant at best.

Once you arrive, there are only a few hours left before dark. However, in spite of the cover of night idea, you are aware that there are a good number of watch droids on duty. These droids use infared and general do not rely on light to spot foes. Sneaking in will be difficult. Thankfully, most crude models of defense droids are only able to use optics to detect threats. More advance models, if available, will use sensors.

Getting in will be tricky but if your lucky, Nym is an underfunded pirate who wasted what funds he had on military defenses and didn't count on infiltration. Otherwise, be prepared to fight your way through.

Any Questions before we proceed?


Male Human Soldier 4

None from me, let's go!


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Ready!


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Rough and Ready...


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Lets do this.


There's more then just the guard droids to worry about, whether those others are guards or just the beings that live and/or work here is yet to be seen. Normally I can be detail oriented, mostly because they can be big factors that I use but I will cut back on that some for this game, but just a heads up for if ask about things you may not of thought about ahead of time (I could ask about a dozen questions to come up with an awesome plan but let's just pretend on those till we actually arrive), so my only question is what can you tells us about the compound layout? Otherwise move forward.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the delay. School has mean away from my material a lot.

The facility is an extension of the main fortress. It is quite large and well defended against major raids. The facility also appears well shielded against vehicles or weapons fire. You would have to disable it on foot from the inside.

There seem to be a good number of droids guarding it but also some living guards as well. If you were to get into a fight, you would need to find a place where you can funnel the enemy or escape them.

You do not have a readout of the interior of the facility. Every technical detail from within the facility. Even where you would have to go to disable it. Your approach should be cautious.

Perception DC 20 Can't take 20:

You see several shafts and entrances with lots of cover. There are good options for sneaking OR Fighting your way into the facility. If you are strong, You can fight. If you are skilled, you can sneak.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Man, who forgot to remind to me to score some macro-nocs? Lets try to stay our of sight for long as possible. Anyone see a good way in?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Kloh what you picking up on your scanners, at least run a couple of sweeps before we go in."


Male Human Soldier 4

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Knowledge Tactics 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 For ideas on our approach.


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"It is preferable to sneak in. That is our entry, right there, the droid with a dented shoulder, down and to the right."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay Jaira found a good entrance and no one seems opposed to her sneaking idea so we will roll with that. Make your perception and stealth checks please and we will carry on with the mission.

I need TWO stealth checks.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh gurgled a chuckle and replied to Venkru.

Hey man, Jaira had the controls but she found us a way in. Keep your bucket down pal and I'll see you on the inside.

Kloh lead the way towards the hatch with his blaster drawn.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human Soldier 4

"Stealth was never my strong suit I may well endanger this mission".

With that warning Jarl makes himself as small as possible and heads towards the building.

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin stays quiet as the group moves keeping himself at the ready should anything happen.

Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Dice not liking me again.


Jiara signals then dissappears inside.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Stealth:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay, the majority of you met the requirement so I'll say you all make up for Venkru's lack of sneaky. You make it to the maintenance shaft on the exterior of the facility. You are perceptive enough to spot where not to go to avoid detection from the watch droids. Once inside there is no guarantee that you can remain hidden.

You each head into the shaft and make your way into the base. With no readout of the interior, you are going to have to play this by ear. You come to the first exit to the shaft.

I need a marching order. Whoever is out in front can examine the room beyond and must make a perception check. I'll let you guys sort our the order first and then how to proceed. Let me know when you have settled or of any questions.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru should go first.....

751 to 800 of 1,554 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.