Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke

A group of mercs are joining the infamous Zedora the Hut in his attempt to take total control of the galactic underworld.


651 to 700 of 1,554 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

No Tank Team:

Your team opens fire, barraging the enemy from the flank. You take out a few of them but they manage to readjust without getting to confused. Many shots come in your direction. Venkru is his for 18 vitality and Kloh is nailed for 12

However, as the gate is opening, the forces still at the base of the hill see an opportunity. They take it. Skiffs and soldiers are now charging the barricade. With two flanks now being rushed, Nym's forces begin to retreat into the palace. Time to press the attack.

Door Party:

Jarl takes one more foe down but is getting pressed hard. He take another melee hit for 10 vitality. Two other attackers are trying to move around Jarl.

Others are now aware of Torin and take aim to shoot. Torin manages to avoid getting hit using the control panel as cover.

Suddenly a yellow bladed lightsaber comes to life from the shadows and Yeebo leaps out onto the battlefield. He nimble makes a great leap and lands in front of one of the soldiers shooting at Torin. With a swift stroke Yeebo cuts the man down.

Your turns.


Male Human Soldier 4

Door Party:
Great description with Yeebo entering the door! aybe Jarl will even make it through this!

Jarl tries to roll with the next hit that comes his way and luckily it only grazes his flank. Surrounded by foes Jarl thinks his end is near. Suddenly on the far side of the entrance the yellow lightsaber of Yeebo sparks hope in Jarl. Our gamble worked! he thinks.

Turning on the foe that struck him Jarl, fires off another set of
blaster bolts at him.

Rapid Shot

Attack 1
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Blaster Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 1 = 10

Attack 2
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Blaster Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) + 1 = 13


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

team no tank

Spoiler:

"Now we have them! Just a minor wound."

Heavy Blaster Attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage
3d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 6) = 16


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Door Party:

Dodges as Yeebo comes in he than fires his weapon to help keep the enemy busy as the doors open.

Attack and Damage Rolls:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 283d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12

Crit:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 213d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12
+1 to each if enemies are within point blank range.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Team Tankless:

Vitality 18/30

Kloh stifled a yell as the blaster scorched his shoulder and popped off another shot before hunkering down behind the duracrete.

Heavy Blaster: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Oh wow! You all posted in one day. Well done.

Team Door men:

Torin professionally dispatches an enemy with an excellent shot. Jarl grazes another soldier. Yeebo leaps to Jarl's aid placeing himself between two men. Takes them both out with two swift swipes of his vibrant yellow blade.
The third soldier moves to engage Yeebo and fails to connect.

The soldiers focus their fire on Yeebo but due to the close proximity of their comrade, they have trouble hitting him. The enemy beyond the gate is retreating in you guys direction. It appears they are being pushed back.

There are six soldiers currently left in this hall.

Forward Team:

Kloh doesn't quite find a mark but Venkru strikes true. Venkru takes another hit for 9 vitality.

The allies rushing up the slope are making better progress as the enemy is pulling back into the palace.

Your turns


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Forward Team:

Wermo!

Kloh curses again but in Huttese this time and sets his blaster to multifire before firing off a couple of shots.

Heavy Blaster 1: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5

Damage 1: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 7) = 15

Heavy Blaster 2: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21

Damage 2: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) = 6


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

forward team

Spoiler:

Venkru ducks behind some cover

"Those hits are adding up."

"Medic!"


Male Human Soldier 4

Door Party:
Jarl turns on the remaining foe threatening Yeebo attempting to blast him down.

"Thanks for the save!"

Rapid Shot

Attack 1
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Blaster Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (8, 2, 8) + 1 = 19

Attack 2
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Blaster Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 4, 3) + 1 = 15


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Door Party:

Keeps low as he continues to fire at the enemy.

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 263d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11

+1 to attack and damage rolls if within point blank range.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Front team:

The enemy is press though they are still laying down a good amount of firepower. Two more skiffs crash into the hillside due to Rocket launcher. However, allied numbers are sure to overwhelm the defenders.

Venkru calls for a medic....no response. No one present knows first aid.

Kloh takes another hit to his vitality for 13 damage. The battle rages on as Nym's men begin retreating inside.

Door team:

Jarl, Torin, and Yeebo are pinning down the interior guards well. Jarl puts down the soldier threatening Yeebo. Torin nicks another foe and Yeebo throws his lightsaber catching two men in the path of the rotating blade. Yeebo then calls the blade expertly back to his hand. The enemy is now pushing out of the base as a much larger group is moving back in.

Yeebo shouts to Torin. "Withdraw soldier. We need to pull back! Deeper into the palace!"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Front Team:

Vitality = 5/30

You still with me Venkru?!

Kloh gurgled back a scream as the blaster burned into him and knew he couldnt take another hit like that and keep fighting. He wished he'd thought of bringing a medpack along but thats how hindsight worked. He raised his blaster and fired off another shot.

Heavy Blaster: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) = 10


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Front team

Spoiler:

Venkru attempts a medpak on Kloh and then on himself...

I have 3, one from initial and 2 that were found earlier, not sure about the rolls for medpaks.....


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Door team:

At Yeebo's shout Torin starts to pull back to the other two firing if needed.

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 103d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) = 12


Male Human Soldier 4

Door Team:
Jarl will continue to lay down suppression fire to keep the guardsmen inside pinned down to allow our allies outside to gain entrance!

Rapid Shot

Attack 1
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Blaster Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 8, 5) = 15

Attack 2
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Blaster Damage 3d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) = 10

As I am not sure how far any opponents left are I will remove bonuses for Point Blank Shot.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

front team

Spoiler:

looked up med-paks

treat injury
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21@Kloh
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22@self
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14@Kloh

heals
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1

I think I got this right ; )


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm ending this battle now. It is technically won, all that is left is the tedious task of putting down a large sum of foes. near 80 in all. Not gonna waste time on it so you've won and will survive. I have a new player I want to join us in the next mission.

The allied mercs are taking heavy casualties as they press the entrance, however, being flanked on three sides has cost Nym's men the advantage of cover.

Though only three men, Jarl, Torin, and Yeebo are putting our a good amount of surpressive fire and in he darkness of the grand hall, it is hard for the panicking enemy to tell exactly how many people are already inside.

The enemy can't seem to find good cover, they are beset on all sides and are widdled down until they are overwhelmed by the allies. Being outnumbered and surrounded, Nym's remaining men surrender. Only to be executed when Yeebo gives the order.

The four of you are separated from the rest of the mercs and permitted to rest and lick your wounds. Venkru's wounds begin to heal on their own. The Mercs begin to set about cleaning out the palace and putting down any further resistance.

Yeebo Makes his way over to your group. "You and the rest weren't meant to survive that battle. Already your showing stubbornness in following orders." Yeebo let's out the rodian equivalent to a chuckle. He Continues. "How are you four holding up?"


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"I am a Mandelorian this days battle is done, tomorrow I shall be ready for another!"

Smiles broadly and removes his helmet.

"What are your orders?"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Well used to those of more 'criminal' element; Kloh took the comment about insubordination for what is was; a compliment and chuckled in his gurgling way as well.

Got a few blaster burns but they'll heal before too long.

He waited to hear if the rodian had orders like Venkru asked.


Male Human Soldier 4

"I could use a stint in the bacta tanks but I should heal well enough if its not available to me. I didn't think I would survive that last encounter either. If it was not for Torin getting that door opening and you arriving when you did, I would not have. I owe both of you agreat debt and I always pay my debts".

Jarl nods respectfully to Yeebo and awaits whatever comes next.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

"I will be alright with a little rest." After Jarl speaks he shrugs "Just doing what was needed." Once done speaking he does as the others and waits for any orders to come.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeebo crosses his arms. "We'll slap you with some medkits, give you two days rest and then you will be reporting to Lok. Today you will go to Mos Eisly and hang until I send the order, likely tomorrow so enjoy yourselves for the night. Once you receive the order, you will charter passage to Lok, the moon of this planet. Show them this card, they will take you to your destination free of charge." Yeebo hands the Card to Jarl. "Once on Lok seek out the Grand Feidan. He's the owner of the port cantina. Ask him about the Feeorin gig and he will tell you where to go. You will then regroup with me and another faction. From there we will attack Nym's stronghold. Hopefully with your help we can defeat Nym and take hold of this star system. Any Questions?"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh memorized the instructions...Use Card to book passage to Lok...Grand Feidan, cantina, Feeorin Gig...

I have a question. When do we get paid? Im getting a little low on credits.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru was thinking about how best to upgrade his armor in the two day time frame....

Maybe build in a bacto auto-injector....

Then he was listening to the instructions as given.

"I assumed the funds would be available at the port cantina, assuming acceptance of a new job and getting payment for the last one. Got some shopping to do Kloh?"

Looks over the droideka...."What supplies does this hunk of junk need?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeebo let's out a rodian sigh. "Thing is, no one was suppose to survive that mission, there is no payment for the time being. Best I can do is transfer 10,000 credits to you from my personal account. You should receive it just before you arrive at Mos Eisly. Best I can do for now until I can make an appeal to Zedora on hiring you on a more permanent basis. Hopefully that will do for now. You succeed against Nym on Lok and I an guarantee a hefty payout. Now, if there are no other questions, I am going to give you one of the Surviving Skiffs as yours. You can use it to get to the spaceport. See you on the moon." Yeebo moves to the others mercs and leaves you. Once you have the Skiff it is now your choice on what to do next.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

With the second mention of the group not having been meant to survive; Kloh wondered if he just take the credits and run...but the promise of more to come and possible steady work made him stay...plus its wizard working with a compitent crew...

Fair enough Yeebo. On Lok it will be then.

After the jedi had left the nautolan finally got answer Venkru.

I do have some shopping in mind. I could really use a tool kit. I find a good one and I could work on that droideka. Im pretty handy with a hydrospanner. What about you?

He slid into the skiff's pilot seat and ran a diagnostic to see if it needed any tweeking before they set off.

Computer Use: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Male Human Soldier 4

"Alright leave it is then my friends. Let's head to the spaceport once everything is ready to go. In the meantime I will rifle through the palace and see what I can scrounge up. Mos Eisley is a rough place so we are gonna have to watch each other's backs".

Jarl is looking for anything left over in the palace that can be used to upgrade his weapons or his armor, do I need to make a search check?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"I intend to acquire an all temperature cloak, electro-binoculars, breath mask, liquid cable dispenser, and fusion lantern. I would like to see Kloh have a sensor pack maybe set on the droideka."

Obviously Venkrus ideas for upgrades moved beyond his armor and into some other area.

"And bacto-injectors is a must have."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru looks thoughtful for a moment....

He catches up with Yeebo,
"A moment...master how can I sense the force?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeebo looks to Venkru. "That is a process we can discuss at a later date. It took me a while to learn under Darth Night. However, my training ended when I left the Night's Nine and rejoined with Zedora. I am no master, nor do I have the necessary skills to teach effectively. However, Zedora does a good amount of business with the Nine. If you prove yourselves, they may be willing to teach you a thing or two. In fact, I hope they do, Zedora would be even more powerful with his own batch of force users and you also would be better off for it. I'll be sure and put in a good word for you if we beat Nym. Now quit wasting time and get a move on."

Kloh's Diagnostics of the skiff show some wear and tear and a few tuning and re-calibrating opportunities. Once these adjustments are made it runs smoothly and is ready to carry you to Mos Eisly.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

...hmm, a little dust on the flux capacitors and some subroutines out of sync but otherwise flight worthy...

With a mostly clean rag and a little reprogramming the skiff is humming with no skips or misses.

Wizard! We're ready to motor fellas. All aboard, next stop Mos Eisley. Please keep hands and feet inside the skiff at all times and enjoy the ride.

AS soon as everyone is buckled in the nautolan punches it; intent on reaching their destination before dark falls.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Flux capacitor? BTTF ;)

"Aye! Aye!"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Cant resist throwing in all sorts of SyFy references ^-^


Male Human Soldier 4

Did Jarl find anything in his search through the Palace? Granades extra power packs etc? Or can we assume we find anything we need within reason?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You won't have time to search the palace. Yeebo is sending you off. Any items found in the palace are being gathered for Zedora's arsenal, and to be used to pay off the surviving mercs.


Male Human Soldier 4

Ah well worth a try!

Jarl sits back as comfortably as he can with the injuries he received from the battle.

A stiff drink in a cantina and perhaps a woman on his arm will easy his woes soon enough.

He sits back and watches the Nautolan pilot the skiff to the dangerous Mos Eisley.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru sits back and enjoys the ride only after giving the weapons systems the once over and making certain they are fully operational....


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Site is fixed, back to normal posting.

The skiff races on towards Mos Eisly. You arrive in the evening without incident. The "nightlife" of this town is even more dangerous than the daylife. Thugs and muggers roam the streets. You bring the skiff to a local garage and park it. The clerk suggests you find a place to go quick and don't come out til daybreak.

The first place you come across is a dingy inn littered with Jawas. Inside The place is surprisingly quiet and there don't seem to be many patrons. Twi'lek dancing girls are doing lude performances involving poles on stage. Only three of them. The Barkeep is a hulking hairy Whipid. As you make your way in, he glares at you, not a very welcoming gaze.

P.S. Yeebo would have given you insignia patches to prove that you are Zedora's elite. It is up to you weather or not you want to where them.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh was glad to be off the dangerous streets of infamous Mos Eisley. He flashed the patch Yeebo gave him that he had sewn to the inside of his cargo vest hoping to relieve the Whipid and spoke to him.

Huttese:
Hey now. We're just looking for a quiet place to spend the night. Is it cool?


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh figured either these dudes didnt understand Huttese or they had just shat their pants at the sight of his patch. He tried again in Basic.

Hey now. We're just looking for a quiet place to spend the night. Is it cool?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru looks on waiting for Kloh to end his awkward negotiations......


Male Human Soldier 4

I have no power due to the Hurricane and limited ability to check the thread. Once I have power back I will post regularly.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I was hoping for more people to post. I was hoping Kloh wasn't the only person playing.

Kloh garners some attention speaking in huttese. The Whipid doesn't react to it. Kloh speaks in common and the Whipid speaks gruffly in his native tongue and the translation tool relays in common.
"You all look like trouble. We do not tolorate the discharging of blasters within this bar. If you got credits and left your personal baggage outside, then you are welcome." The Whipid barkeep resumes his duties.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru puts up the credits and then brings all his gear in.

"I got no baggage just essential gear."


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Kloh nods at Venru's statement to reassure the Whipid.

Yayo bub! No personal baggage and no drawing heat unless we're drawn on first. Fair enough?

The Nautolan will fill find a table for the four as far from the scheming Jawas as possible.

Say, you got any grub in this joint? Specifically any algae infused nitrates? or chunky amino proteins? and some sodium water or blue milk to wash it down would be great. We got credits.

Kloh leaned back and stretched wincing just slightly at his ribs still had a blaster burn on them. He engaged his partners in crime.

Man, Im gonna need some good tools fo various sorts and some back up power packs. Maybe a couple of other things too. So what are you boys gonna blow your creds on?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"All temp cloak and something to keep the dust out of my eyes, mouth and nose, plus some water supply."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Thinking about tinkering with the droideka anyone else want to put in some time on this hunk o junk?"

Venkru looks over the droid.....

"Where do we want to start?"

Looks at the shield generator, it functions but over-heats, and is likely the best start, to keep all the other repairs safe....

"How about the shield system, the thermo-couple or something is going on for it to over-heat that fast.....Kloh?"

Repair roll
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Hey now, you came to the right guy for the job. I just picked up this wizard scanner.

With his purchasing complete and time to kill before they got word to move it was time to something fruitful. Kloh inserts the cable from his scanner into the Droideka's maintenance port and booted the diagnostic scanner.

Repair for Diagnostic/Parts: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29

Aha, look at this. You were right about the thermo-couplings. Theyre fried solid. We should be able to boost its shields with some fresh wiring and some new fusion plugs. There's more though...

Repair Diagnostic/Specs: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31


Male Human Soldier 4

"Nah, I want to rest, my body is way beat up from that infiltration. After we rest for a bit I will bend my ear to the ground and see what's what. This spaceport is always rumbling with intrigue. Zedora has enemies and I am curious to see what they have to say about what went down".

After Jarl rests for a bit with the crew he will hit the spaceport and pick up a few things including comlinks for the group. Jarl will also poke around and see what rumors he hears regarding Zedora, his foes and the state of the galaxy in general. With the Empire having just gone down there must be a lot of opportunity out there.

Should I roll diplomacy or something else to gather info Shanosuke? Wow, my diplomacy is non-existent, well I will tray anyway. While I do so I will NOT wear Zedora's insignia.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You can use Diplomacy or computer use to gather information. Comp use is like surfing the internet.

651 to 700 of 1,554 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.