Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke

A group of mercs are joining the infamous Zedora the Hut in his attempt to take total control of the galactic underworld.


551 to 600 of 1,554 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human Soldier 4

"We need to account for the anti-vehicle defense turrets. According to the schematics they are there. We just missed them when we made our first run".


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin listens and watches as the others speak.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yeebo considers the turrets for a moment. "We need to deal with those or we could easily lose the advantage the tank provides. I will do what I can to deal with this problem. The rest of you get ready for the march."

You all move into position. Yeebo confronts you all one more time. "You are my elite. Take whatever liberties you need to get help the opperation to succeed. You four are my ace in the hole. Don't make me regret my choice. Farewell and may the force be with you."

Yeebo heads off ahead of the force. You are to join the main force and stick with Kloh and his tank.

After a bit of running around the "soldiers" are ready for battle. The captain shouts. "ORIGHT MEN! We gots big payday for all the guys who live. Most folks cud retire wit dat kind of reward! Less go!" The men all cheer. Mounting speeders, Skiffs, they begin to move. It is true. In the upcoming battle, your team will have superior mobility going into this battle. Knowing Yeebo is on the anti vehicle, you all are filled with confidence that your mission will succeed. You also feel much stronger after your last success.

You all have gained a level. Level up now. Once you've leveled we will start the battle.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

As Kloh climbed up on the tank he looked at the assembled 'army' and swore.
OmegaAxl, we going to kick that mynocks nest right over all right..

He spotted the guys that had accompanied his duros rescuer and hailed them.

Yaa-yaah fellas. Any of you wanna man the turret on this beast?


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

DM

Spoiler:

Guess this new level can not be a jedi level....


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay looks like were all set.

The Skiffs take off followed by the tank. The mercenaries are cheering and all psyched up for battle and a big payday. The speeders also follow with the mobile force making its way to the fortress that is Jabba's palace.

As you arrive you notice the enemy has not quite had time to set up a proper defense and there seems to already be an alarm raised.

As you approach the mercs begin firing at the palace. Not too long after the battle has begun, enemies begin to pour out and return fire. There are a lot of them, even though they lack vehicles, they seem to have quite a good amount of manpower still effectively active.

You all have three choices,
1. Storm the main gate. Benefit of a lot of allies but also lots of enemies and you are all out in the open.
2. Go through the garage. Benefit, you've been there before but you damaged it quite a bit, it is likely locked down or inaccessible. It's current condition is unknown.
3. Take the long way around. good chance there wont be enemies and you can get behind the enemy lines and really cause a lot of damage but it could be very time consuming with the risk that you find no way in at all and provide no support for the mission.

What's the call.


Male Human Soldier 4

"They will be watching the garage now, same tricks usually don't work twice. Let's head around and see if we can't flank our enemies. Worst case scenario if we find no entrance we make one with the tank!"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

No one wants to man the turret on the tank?

Sound good. How about we strafe those wackos as we make the round and provide some missile support for our guys?

Kloh would start angling to do just that until he got a negative.

Pilot: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Male Human Soldier 4

I thought Venkru was manning the Turret.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

I turrent manned!


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

"Alright." Torin says as he readies himself.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Steady as she goes Kloh!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You guys stay on the tank as it maneuvers away from the battlefield and around to the backside of the fortress. Since you are not under authority of the merc leaders, it is your choice to make with no real repercussions. However, leaving the battlefield with the tank will demoralize your allies. If you succeed though, it could be a turning point.

You steer around to the undefended backside of the Fortress. Kloh you can make both a Computer Use check and Perception check.

To the others, make me a perception.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Computer Use: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Both Martian Level 20 invader

As you all scan the backside of the palace you notice a drain leading into the facility. Otherwise the wall is too strong to crack with anything you have, even the tank. Time for you to decide how to proceed.


Male Human Soldier 4

[b] "Let's dismount and head in. Venkru and Kloh, head back to the battle and pound the enemy position from the flank. Agreed?"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Aye aye Jarl. Good luck in there.

Kloh will wait for the group to unload and then power the tank up to full speed to get back around to the battle.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Keep us posted via comm link as yah go in. Report what you see and directions."

"Get us into flank support Kloh!"


Male Human Soldier 4

If Torin is ready to go I am ready to go!


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin nods, before getting off the tank.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Bump! This thread fell off my Focus list!


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

I was afraid that might happen if we split the party into more than one group.

Maybe Kloh and I can turn the tank over to NPCs and we can all storm in....


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry again for the delay, still trying to get settled into school and had more than a few last minute problems to deal with. Things will start settling down for next week but in the mean time I will make a light post to keep this thing moving.

Jarl and Torin hop off the tank and move in for the drain as Kloh rears the tank around and returns to the front line battle. Things now go to spoilers.

Infiltration Team:

It wreaks in here of raw sewage and even some cooked sewage. Alien waste is not pleasant at all. I will need fort saves from each of you or you DC 12 or be sickened for the duration of your stay in this sewer and 2 minutes upon exit. You will be able to proceed regardless of your condition.

You progress down the sewer for several minutes before coming to a holding cell filled with garbage and more raw sewage. There are four passage ways in the chamber and a ladder leading to a maintenance door. However, the maintenance walkway seems to be submerged in sewage as it obviously hasn't been cared for or drained in some time. It looks as though the liquid substance in this chamber is at least three feet deep. You would have to wade slowly for several meters to get through it to the ladder.
Make me a knowledge Nature, DC 12
Make me a perception also. and then decide how you would like to proceed.

Tank Team:

It takes several minutes for you to navigate around the rocky landscape back to rejoin the front line battle. It is clear the defense turrets are down but the amount of enemy infantry as well as their fortified barricades are still holding strong. On your side the assault troopers are pinned down by heavy enemy fire and are having trouble moving up the hill to the main gate. About three of the allied skiffs are wrecked on the rocky hill side.
I need perception checks out of you guys and knowledge tactics too.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team Tank

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Careful Kloh, easy does it, looks like we might be able to flank the enemy line."


Male Human Soldier 4

Infiltration Team:
Fortitude Save DC 12 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Jarl does not possess Knowledge Nature.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Jarl turns to Torin whispering, "Let's check the hall first to make sure there is no one behind us before we proceed".


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Infiltration Team:

Fortitude Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dice roller is not liking me today.

Torin nods to Jarl.


Male Human Soldier 4

Shanosuke:
When I get a chance over the weekend I will double check my saving throw scores, they seem a bit high, maybe I accidentally generated them using the Saga rules.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Infiltration Team:

Torin is feeling very sick as you push forward. The smell is really getting to him. The sooner you are out of the sewer, the better.
As the two of you survey the chamber, you see nothing of interest. Checking behind you it appears as though no one has followed you either. Do you proceed to the ladder or one of the other tunnels?


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Tank Team:

No Knowledge/Tactics here :(

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Holy mother of meteors! We gotta get in there. What looks the best to you Venkru?

Although they had just met, there was a familiararity to the man that had Kloh trusting him immediately.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team tank

Spoiler:

"Not sure of tactics, but if we can flank the enemy and engage them unaware that would be the best course."

Was trying to apply the stealth skill to the tank route ;)


Male Human Soldier 4

Infiltration Team:
We quickly scout the tunnels for lingering foes or perhaps another way up


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Infiltration Team:

Follows behind Jarl trying his best to keep the feeling of being sick under control while on the mission.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tank Team:

There is no easy way to flank the front defenses, the size of the tank vs the amount of rocks surrounding the palace makes the main road to the gate or the garage the best ways to approach the base. Straight forward is really the only option. Kloh notices there are several rocket troopers and blaster cannon troopers positioned behind several barricades and only pop out when vehicles come into view. Your tank would get smoked if it charge the barricades.

Flanking is possible on foot only. You must decide how to proceed. The front of the base is very well fortified and there is a good deal of firepower going back and forth.

Infiltration Team:

The other tunnels are clear however, while scouting them you both are attacked You both failed the perception so this is a surprise attack Out of the sewage in the chamber comes several tentacles lashing out to attack you. One gets a hold of the sick Torin and has him grappled. He also takes 10 vitality damage from the attack. Surprise round done, now starting in initiative order with the Dianoga going first. The creature begins to drag Torin into the sewage successfully pulling him under.

@Torin, you can attempt to attack with a non blaster weapon while under the muck. Remember your sickened condition.

@Jarl the muck is too thick to see where Torin and the beast are now, you can attempt another perception check in addition to your turns actions, if successful then you get a good idea as to where the creature might be. If you attack you must roll a miss chance.

There are some of your options, if you can think of anything else, feel free to pipe in.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Tank Team:

Bantha fodder! This isnt going to be easy Venkru. See those rocket troopers? We need to get rid of them. We need a better position or to dislodge them.


Male Human Soldier 4

Infiltration Team:
Karl swears and tries to get a bead on whatever the damn thing that grabbed Torin was.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Knowing Torin had little time Jarl took a chance and fired.

Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 62
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Rifle Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 1 = 13


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Team Tank:

Maybe over there?

Kloh maneuvers the tank close to some boulders and fires off a missile at one of the rocket troopers placements.

Pilot: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Missile attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team tank

Spoiler:

"I see your point we are unlikely to get anything done this way. Want to keep up a volley of fire going towards the front-lines?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tank team:

You are able to provide fire support from your current position however, the miss chance is high and you are having trouble targeting the heavy weapons teams. The first missile flies wide past the barricade emplacement hitting the canyon wall a good ways from the battle. You missed, Not only that, you also got their attention. You seem several teams moving about working their way into the rock formations and heading in your direction. The formation gives them amazing over and seems to mask their numbers and their groups.

You need to make a computer use check to find them and attempt to bombard them as they approach. Direct hit are impossible, you'll have to rely on splash and collateral damage to hurt the enemy. You could also retreat. If they are fitted for tank busting, they will be extremely dangerous if they get up close.

Infiltration team:

Jarl's shot lands the Dianoga nicely and it squeals in pain as it release Torin.

Torin, you are able stand and draw your melee weapon.

You both can see movement in the water and can attack with a 20% Miss chance. Your turns.


Male Human Soldier 4

Infiltration Team:
Jarl hopes that the force is with them and this encounter does not draw any attention from above.

Miss Chance 1d100 ⇒ 69
Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Rifle Damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 7, 1) + 1 = 13


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team tank

Spoiler:

"Looks like we got some attention. Lets estimate how long till they reach us."

what to estimate how long it will take them to reach us?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tank Team:

A high perception roll or a much lower Knowledge Tactics roll. Which ever you have.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Infiltration Team:

Torin takes a swing at with his ax at the shape he sees in the water.

Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 93

Attack and Damage Roll:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 122d10 + 4 ⇒ (6, 10) + 4 = 20


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team tank

Spoiler:

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Any sign of them Kloh?"


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Team Tank:

Computer Use: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Yah, these numb nuts are lit up like stars going nova on my tracking screen. Lets shake them up a bit and see what happens. Dont forget you got missiles too Venkru.

Missile Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Team tank

Spoiler:

"You keep the missles and I will run the blaster!"

"We might want to make ourselves a moving target before they arrive."

"I will fire and you move after my volley."

Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage 5d10 ⇒ (10, 4, 5, 2, 8) = 29
Not sure about the stats for the tank blaster..using speeder info


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Tank Team:

Venkru has the turrent, it is an anti infantry heavy repeater. Missiles are controlled by the pilot only.

Kloh manages to get the motion sensors on the tank to pick up trace movements of the incoming infantry. You still can't get a direct shot but you can still hope the splash damages them.

Kloh relays the info to Venkru of possible locations.

The two of you beset the rock formations with heavy fire.

Kloh on your console you see a few readings snuff out. Something was wiped out that's for sure. You guys get another round. Comp use or perceptions are needed again plus more shooting. Go for it.


M Nautolan Scoundrel 2 / Scout 2

Tank Team:

We fragged some of those suckers! Fire on these locations Venkru.

Kloh's fingers flew over the controls of the tank and he sent the tracking information to his partner's HUD even as he fired more missiles.

Computer Use: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Missile Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

team tank

Spoiler:

"Sure were not just killing ground squirels?"

Blaster 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage 5d10 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 5, 10) = 20

"Lets get ready to move if they pop-up nearby."

551 to 600 of 1,554 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.