Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld (Inactive)

Game Master Shanosuke

A group of mercs are joining the infamous Zedora the Hut in his attempt to take total control of the galactic underworld.


1 to 50 of 1,554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

The galaxy is in chaos. Good, that means lots of paying work. However, the thing that effects you most is that Jabba the Hut has been murdered by members of the alliance. His assets were seized and distributed among two crime lords who were aiding the alliance, Nym of Lok, and Zadora the Hut of Dessier. Now that the emperor had been defeated, Zadora seemed to spot an opportunity. He needed to acquire all of Jabba’s assets first. That is where you come in. You have been given an offer that is hard to refuse. A lot of credits to aid Zedora in taking down Nym.

Nym was an odd crime lord who joined the alliance because his small time criminal organization couldn’t compete with Jabba or Lady Valaria. He received much from the alliance. Zedora was different. He was good at working in the shadow of the bigger bosses and accumulating his own wealth. Working with the alliance proved to add additional benefits especially when they took down Jabba. Things would not go so well when a new republic would emerge and with all the chaos going on, there was a rare opportunity to be had. Therefore, Zedora turned his back on the alliance and would surprise attack Nym to obtain the last of Jabba’s resources.

This is where you come in. You have been hired and shipped to the famous world of Tatooine. There you assemble with countless other mercs all given the same offer. Nym’s base of operations is on the moon orbiting Tatooine known as Lok. A barren place where Nym could work outside of Jabba’s reach. Since this is where Nym was based, Nym gained access to all Jabba’s Tatooine assets. These are the resources that Zedora wants to add to his coffers.

Standing in this large room with the other mercs is quite an unpleasant experience. The group is noisy and pushy and they reek of all manner of smells. Finally, things quiet down when the infamous right hand of Zedora’s enters the chamber. Flanked on either side by two seven foot mean looking wookies is the smallest Rodian you have ever seen. Yeebo, a purple rodian that stands barely five feet in height, dwarfed by his massive bodyguards. His rodian frills run down either side of his face to his snout rather than on top of his head, very much like a bushier Abe Lincoln beard. Despite his size, he is very muscular for a rodian. He is also extremely intimidating as well. He is reported to have special powers and has a kill record of 500 beings as well as destroying an imperial star destroyer all by himself. He commands respect from everyone in the room.

Perception DC 10:

You will notice he has no blaster holstered at his side. You also notice a small cylindrical metal object hanging from his belt instead.

If you made Perception make an INT check DC 20 or a knowledge Jedi lore or Technology check of 10:

You recognize the device as a lightsaber. Stories say that Yeebo may have wielded such a tool but it was only rumor. Special powers, a lightsaber, he must be a Jedi or at least a force user of some sort.

Yeebo speaks in Rodese, a screen appears behind him translating and displaying plan details. It seems you set to attack Jabba’s palace, Nym’s Hub here on Tatooine. Nym’s right hand runs the place and it is heavily guarded. This is a suicide mission, even with this many mercs, there is little to no chance that you will live. Yeebo goes on to describe the plan of attack. You will be provided some artillery support to soften defenses. Your first objective will be to take control of the outlaying town that Nym had established to provide a source of revenue for the base. The palace has turned into an office building housing several small and legitimate businesses and the employees live in the town called Nym’s Eve. Far from it’s original purpose, the place has flourished over the past couple of months and is now worth 10 times what it was before. This is why Zedora wants it and is willing to pay so much. You survive you cash in. The job is dangerous but the credits would be worth it. For start, all you have to do is take the town of Nym’s Eve and hopefully you will be provided enough support to take the palace. Yeebo also mentions Lady Valaria will be working with them to provide a distraction so we can take the palace after the town is taken. This mission promises to be a success.

Yeebo goes on to suggest that you all form teams to help you survive the mission. A cohesive team on the field has a better chance of survival that a group of individuals. You are dismissed and ask to make your way to the shuttle bay where you will be taken to the forward command post just outside of Nym’s Eve. There your will launch your attack.

On the shuttle the four of you meet and decide to work together. Introduce yourselves and strategize how you will work together on the field of battle.

Roleplay point, every thread has this.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin looks at the others that he is to work with thinking to himself "At least one of them looks like he can handle himself in a fight." He than says "I am Torin Tol. I was part of a special commando unit on Dorin. I have training in many different types of weapons but I prefer a Blaster Carbine for far off and a Vibro-axe when things call for the personal touch." He shows his carbine and axe as he says this before going on "My unit mostly did work within cities so I have experience with urban combat. I believe the best course of action is for one of us to act like bait to lure any hostiles than the rest of us focus fire on anyone that attacks. As for civilians in the area any we see should be knocked out if possible. Never know what they might do." With that part finished he looks at the other three members of the team once again before going on "Now that I am done do any of you have any suggestions, comments or ideas to add?"


Male Duros Scout 2

A simply dressed Duros replies, "I can scout ahead a bit if need be. I prefer the helm of a ship, but I can hold my own with a gun."

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
INT check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"I am trained in all sorts of weapons, vehicle mounted weapons for range, blaster nearby and for the personal touch I prefer my actual hands."


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

I would assume looking at weapons would be like a single woman first meeting a man, first thing she notes, his ring finger, left hand; us mercs would likely do the same in a room noting weapons and dangerous species.....


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

A small Duros male, whom you may have assumed to be part of the flight crew or technical staff steps forward timidly, "Well I have a gun but it is not really my area of expertise." You see him rest his hand on a holstered pistol but it does not look natural or comfortable. "I am Yurvin and my specialties lie in getting what I want from computers, fixing things on the fly, and if necessary making things go boom. I realize that I may not look impressive but not every conflict is solved by shooting or hitting things."
He leans over to Ellor;

Durese:
"It is good to have a brother with me, at least there is one that I should be able to trust."

DM Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Knowledge(Technology): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin shakes his head at what Yurvin said before speaking once more "Well than since we all know what the others can do we can use that. Ellor you are going to be scout and our pilot." He than points at Venkru and himself "We will be the muscle that handles things when it gets messy. You will also be our gunner on vehicles." He finally turns to Yurvin "Well than you can get us into places we need to be and blow up things in our way." He than thinks on his plan some more before going on "As for my plan I will be the bait since I suggested it. Ellor I would like for you to scout ahead whenever possible to get an idea of the layout so we are better prepared for what is ahead is that alright? Yurvin how big of a boom can you make exactly?"


Male Duros Scout 2

Durese:
"I'm sure these fine folk are as trustworthy as anybody on this moon. But I understand your point."

Sounds good to me. Shall we go over some hand signals while we finish this trip? Silence is such a nice thing to be able to maintain."


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin thinks for a moment on what Ellor had suggested. "Good suggestion anyone have any signals they prefer?"


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Venkru quickly goes through the common hand signals good solidiers know, Fist up arm at 90 degrees=stop, finger circle in the air and point shows a defensible fall back or rally point; two hands each moving in front of each other is a bounding overwatch where each group moves forwards three count as the other group fires at the enemy.........

shrugs his shoulders as if to say everyone knows these, right?


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin looks at Venkru as he goes through his hand signals than as he shrugs "We could use those than. Never seen them before however."

Oh the fun of being aliens that do things different than everyone else.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Shrugs again.....

"Any others?"


Male Duros Scout 2

"Those seem to cover the basics. That should be good enough for now."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

As you discuss strategy your commlinks chime in. A familiar Rodian voice followed by translation carries through. "Greetings. I am your commander Yeebo. I have instructions on how you and your teams are to proceed. Hopefully you all have taken my buddy system advise and found a pal or two that can be your wingmen out their. Your teams are free to move out as you chose but I will offer strategic guidance. First when we drop down you will make your way quickly and aggressively towards Nym's Eve. We have the advantage of night but we need to move fast. You are allowed to man a combat speeder or swoop once you land to reach the city. Once at the city you should make your way to one of the following target locations. First location you should consider is the Security Barracks. That building houses the reserve infantry and battle droids. If you can catch it off guard and take it, it would signifigantly reduce the number of opponents in addition you and others will have access to the armory inside. The second location of interest is the Cantina. Oddly this is a rather large building set up in the dead center of the city. Even more strange is that it seems to be a strong defensive position. Any unit able to claim it quickly my infact do the enemy a lot of damage by simply holding it. against all attackers. It will also divide the enemy forces. Another key point would be the medical clinic. Battles gonna take a while and injured troopers are gonna have time to heal from serious wounds. We want those troopers to be ours not theirs. Last location if the offices. City officials are housed in that location. Take it and take them outta reduce enemy moral and communications. I am sending you a map of the different locations. Now get in there an mix it up. I will be feeding instructions and advice as you go." With that communications end and the shuttle doors open. You here a man shouting "Go, go, go!"

The mercs are pouring out of the shuttles as they land. Several swoops and combat speeders are strewn about. The speeders can carry four people but only need one driver and one gunner.

You guys know where everything is even though I don't actually have a map for you. Simply decide which strategic point you would like to hit first. As soon as you come to a conclusion head out. WARNING: I am applying a time limit. If you do not decide where to go by tomorrow night, it will be impossible for you to get to any location. I need at least two of you to vote in the same for me to push you there. Also I need the following to be easy for me to find under your profiles. I need Defense total, All your save modifiers, and your initiatives. I will be rolling these for you to save time. Otherwise you will roll for anything actions you have. Best of luck folks. Remember: As soon as you decide on a location, don't wait for me. Head their on your own and I will tell you what you encounter on the way. Make sure and describe your approach too, stealthy, jogging, walking, cautious, reckless, so on.


Male Duros Scout 2

"That would be our cue to tango."


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin nods "Yes that would be. I say we hit the armory first to cut the enemy off from ammunition and weapons. What the rest of you think?" He says this after hopping on the speeder.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Agreed the armory will let us arm ourselves and possibly disarm our foes, Also a detonated charge to total the inventory should let us quickly move to another location."

"My com link is in my helmet and should let us moniter things and communicate."

Jumps onto the speeder taking the gunner position.
"I am trained on vehicle weapons."
DM if you let me know damage for this thing I can roll it.


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

"Give me your comlink access codes and I will see about putting some basic encryption on them. Best to not have the enemy hear everything we are planning."
Yurvin's eyes light up at the suggestion of taking out the armory and barracks. "I am all about getting stocked up on some charges, not something that I normally carry around but will prove to be very useful in securing the remainder of the areas. As we get closer I want to find a hardline into the security system so I can take a look around and figure out what we are really dealing with and see if I can't hamper their defensive efforts. Let's go!" Yurvin jumps into the speeder and waits for Ellor to get them going.

DM:
Not sure what you want for a skill to do a quick encryption on the comlinks. Most likely computer use or repair and if either of those I will just be taking 10 (24 for computer use or 21 for repair)


Male Duros Scout 2

"To the barracks it is." Ellor hops into the driver's seat, and once everyone is settled, turns it on, and guides it out toward their target.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm bored and you are all ready to go so I'm going to move this thing along. You'll just have more RP time at the waiting point.

You guys mount the speeder and begin to move towards the Barracks.

The assault happens fast. As you enter the city, blaster fire breaks out almost immediately. Obviously the guards of this city were merely prepare to fend off Sand People, not an organized "military" invasion.

I am rolling your saves an initiatives just so you now. I will ask for actions.

As your speeder moves into the city snipers from a nearby watch tower take shots at you. Thankfully the speed of the vehicle is throwing off their, or they are just poorly trained. Three shots are fired at you and all miss.

Everyone but the driver can attack. Everyone is at a -2 to hit because you are on a moving vehicle.

Targets:
Watch tower: 25 meters distance
3 snipers in the tower

Entry posts (Located on either side of your vehicle) 6 meters away.
1 guard in each post.

20 meters away there is another guard moving to cover behind a low broken wall, he will be out in the open for your first shots.

Combat Speeder Blaster cannon:

I do not have my book on me so I'm gonna make it up.
Damage = 5d8
Splash = 3 meter radius
Crit = 19-20
Can damage buildings and vehicles
Range 40 meters.
Has Multifire
Any specs I'm missing?

You don't have to post in initiative order. I have chosen to allow you to take your actions in order of posting. Your initiatives determine when you all go vs the NPCs. I roll all your initiatives and take the highest for all of you. Then you post in response to what I have posted and whomever posted before you. This way actions won't look so weird and combat should flow nicely. You only get one turn per post and I will respond once everyone has posted or in the next 24 hours. Whichever happens first.

Does all that make sense? If not ask questions.

So on the drivers turn, he can steer the vehicle as he chooses, if he posts before anybody else and stops the vehicle, the rest of you will not suffer the -2 penalty for moving.

Now have at it.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"I got the tower, get the sentries at the barracks!"

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Damage
5d8 ⇒ (7, 5, 8, 4, 5) = 29

"We are coming in hot!"


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin draws his carbine from his back after Venkru started to fire and aims at one of the guards at the entry posts and starts to to fire.

Attack and Damage Roll
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 63d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 1 = 12

Ammo 49/50


Male Duros Scout 2

Ellor keeps his focus on the driving as he keeps moving towards the barracks. "Take out the ones in the tower. The others won't be able to keep up."


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

"This is so not the way I usually operate." Yurvin yells over the speeder and blaster fire. He fires his blaster ineffectually at the guard on the left and tries to hunker down further into his seat to gain more cover.
Blaster Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5, Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) = 6


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for taking so long. The post I have for you may be short enough for me to post on lunch while I am at work. Otherwise I will post again.

Regardless, go ahead and take another round of actions. Tower will still be standing with occupants inside and there are plenty of badguys still running about before you all reach the barracks.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

Again targets the tower and occupants!

Blaster Cannon
Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Damage
5d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 8, 5) = 26

"What the f!@+ are you guys shooting at?"


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

"Get us through here in a hurry Ellor! There are far too many guns pointed in our direction."
Yurvin once again at fires at a guard as they drive past.
Blaster Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15, Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3 <- awesome!


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin growls before answering "Bit rough to hit them on this thing." He than aims at another guard hoping to hit them.

Attack and Damage Rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 63d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6, 7) + 1 = 20

Dice roller is not liking me today.


Male Duros Scout 2

Ellor keeps driving as fast as he can, trying to use whatever building and other terrain features present to provide them cover from the tower fire, and hoping that speed will force the ground shooters to fall behind.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yurvin manages to score a glancing hit on one of the defense soldiers running about but Venkru manages to destroy the watch tower completely. You all zoom into the city towards the Barracks. You and another speeder of Mercs and a couple of swoops reach this site together. Guards are pouring out of the building obviously surprised by the vehicles and soldiers now park right outside their door. They begin looking for cover but are easy targets for your guns.

there are about 12 badguys in all. The haven't found cover yet so they are easy pickins. Also the vehicle has stopped unless Ellor says otherwise. The barracks is a large rectangular building on the right side of the speeder.

The speeder is open topped and will only provide you a +4 Defense while you are in it.

You will get first action. I am no longer doing turn order as it is difficult to do on PBP. So turn order will be in order of when you post. If someone posted before you, they went before you so be sure and post your actions according to those that posted before. Make sense?


Male Duros Scout 2

"Melee move first, I'll provide cover fire." Ellor pulls out his rifle with practiced ease and takes aim at the soldier closest to the barracks doors, looking to clear a path for the others, using the side of the speeder to provide himself some cover.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) = 15


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Torin looks at the guards pouring out the building. "Lets thin the guards out a bit before we try to move in." He says as he aims to hit a guard.

Attack and Damage Roll
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 203d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 3) = 14

Add +1 to each if within 10 meters of the guards.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Like shooting into a cargo bay!"

Blaster cannon
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Damage
5d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 4, 7) = 20


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

Yurvin remains in the speeder, hoping that it will protect him from some of the return fire as he sticks his blaster over out and fires at the closest guard.
Blaster Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The two Duros in the party fire wide and their shots score no targets.

Venkru is an unholy demon of death as he fires one shot that sends four guards flying in various directions, two of those guards are flying in various pieces.

Tol takes a shot and scores a hit on another guard dropping him. Other guards are showing up from the forward left side of the speeder now. About six of them. They come racing in blasters blazing though none are fired at you.

The Barrakcs defenders, there are still about seven of them, are firing at your team. None score any hits but they did manage to find some cover. Two more soldiers have joined the battle entering the field via the barracks front door. Those two have no cover next round.

The other mercs present also start finding cover. One of the swoop riders was killed and another merc died disembarking on the wrong side of his speeder. They unload and take down two of the left side guards and one of the guards in cover on the barracks side.

It is pretty chaotic. Blaster lights blazing back and forth, the sounds of blaster fire, humming engines, explosions, and shouts, not to mention the epic star wars music in the background, are making this one spectacle of a battle.


Male Duros Scout 2

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
damage 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5) = 11

Ellor focuses on those who haven't yet taken cover, quite content to let his teammates blast everybody else.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Seeing more guards coming Torin ignores them for now trying to thin out the guards with cover so the group can get into the armory.

Attack and Damage Rolls:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 163d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) = 14


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Be ready to move in!"

Blaster cannon
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Damage
5d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 2, 6, 4) = 25

Vehicle wepon group was a good choice....

DM

Spoiler:

Not firing at the new group, though battle can be chaos, they seem more likely allies than enemies...

In other words no random firing from this soldier


Male Duros Scoundrel 1

"Venkru, I am all ready to get out of this firefight. When you are ready lead the charge."
He fires at one of the new guards emerging from the building.
Blaster Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) = 11


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Suck it up! We are winning!"


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

"We have to thin them out or we are just targets when trying to go into the building. Just keep firing." Torin says after hearing Yurvin and Venkru.


Male Mandelorian Soldier / 4

"Torin lead the charge I will cover your back-sides!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Ellor puts down one of the guards out in the open.

Tol drops the second.

Venkru fires a blast from the cannon scoring no direct hit but searing a couple of the in cover guards knocking one out in the open.

Yurvin is hiding behind the speeder popping his blaster out and not really aiming at anything as he fires fearfully.

The guards are starting to thin around the entrance. There are still some there but you should be able to make a successful charge now. You take no hits this round.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

What kind of action is putting a weapon away? I know some of the thingsin this action may not be in sync with rules but it sounds cool.

Seeing the guards thin out Torin nods to Venkkru before he says "Lets go." He puts his carbine away before jumping over the speeder. As he is jumping over the speeder he draws the vibo-ax from his back before rushing towards the entrance.


Male Duros Scout 2

Ellor continues to pick off guards near the entrance.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) = 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

So is Torin the only one charging the base? That won't end well if he is.


Male Duros Scout 2

I thought Yurvin and/or Venkru was going with him.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm not going to assume anything. They have not posted weather or not they are moving. As far as I can tell, they are both still sitting in the speeder. I will post again tomorrow after noon. If they haven't moved by then, well, it won't quite be a good day for Torin.


Male Kel Dor Soldier/ 3

Venkru is staying in the speeder to give cover. Everyone else was suppose to follow.


Male Duros Scout 2

In that case, Ellor will follow after taking his shot.

1 to 50 of 1,554 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Conquest of the Underworld All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.