Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


2,851 to 2,895 of 2,895 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Ok. I guess I have to wait ;(


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Apologies, wasn't sure if we got 1 manoeuvre & an action or could use 2 manoeuvres.

So I'll use 1 manoeuvre to draw my knife/sword and another to move and stand between Zaleos & the enemy.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zaleos drops another soldier

Karval moves into position and holds

The group at long range fires a swift volley at the party and misses.
The one soldier in the short range group fires at Janitor and misses as well.

Arana is the last player to go and then the dock workers go and the order starts over.


"Let's go, Janitor!" Arana cries, then wheeling ...

Force Roll 1d12 ⇒ 9 = 1 light side point.

Force Power: Enhance: Force Leap (horizontal)

intuitively gathers the force to her and uses it to propel herself through the air over the nearby soldier's head to land behind him. As he turns to watch in amazement, she give him a little wave and sprints towards the shuttle.

Action: Force Leap
Maneuver: Run to shuttle.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Arana has made it to the shuttle.

The dockworkers race for the docking controls near the shuttle. "Quick! Lock it down! We can't let them escape!" They begin to activate the lockdown controls for the shuttle. They will succeed by the end of next round and the shuttle will be stuck on the ground until it is deactivated.

Initiative resets

Two players get to go. All foes are at short range.

The Sergeant has cover so any shots aimed at him suffer 2 Setback die. He is wounded.

There are still two groups of minions. One is unharmed and the second only has one soldier left.

Your moves.


Arana skids to a stop at the base of the shuttle's ramp, blaster bolts flying in all directions. Her eyes widen as she sees the dock workers feverishly working at the dock controls.

"Oh no you don't" she mutters, grabbing a stun grenade from her vest and tossing it into their midst.

Stun Grenade, Ranged Light 4d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 5, 4) = 21 Advantage -3 Success- 4
Difficulty 1d8 ⇒ 1 Blank

The grenade sails through the hail of multicolored blaster bolts, strikes the hard hangar floor with a tinny sound then bounds forward to lie spinning like a top at the feet of the dockworkers.

One of them feels the grenade tap his boot, looks down and manages to say "Uh, Oh" before the grenade erupts!

Each takes 8 Strain before soak and 3 rounds disorientated


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The Stun takes down three of the dockworkers and one of the fresh rebel soldiers drops unconscious.

One more player gets to go. Two dockworkers are left.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor assesses the situation for a moment. The dockworkers may have sided with the rebels, but in the end, they're more like civilians. As far as he can tell they're unarmed, and they haven't made any attacks against the group beyond doing their jobs.

But they're with the enemy, and they're an active detriment to the cause of the Empire. The cause of justice, law, order. The one group that might bring some level of peace to a war-torn Galaxy.

Sacrifices have to be made, sometimes.

Attack with True Aim: 4d12 ⇒ (4, 10, 12, 8) = 34
Difficulty: 1d8 ⇒ 5
3 Successes, 2 Advantages, 1 Triumph is the net roll. I'm gonna go ahead and activate a Crit with the Triumph, which should mean the dockers are both dead, since I deal 10 damage to the other one.

The trooper acts with cool precision and efficiency, firing a pair of shots at the dockhands left standing after Arana's grenade. The first of the workers is caught at the base of the neck, and he gives a cry as he falls. The second turns and catches the second bolt of energy in the temple, and he too crumples to the ground.

Janitor lowers his pistol after a moment and begins moving to the shuttle, Arana's call shaking him from his brief reverie.

Taking 2 Strain for the second maneuver.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay, been working a lot of OT. Raking in all that money. Now I have a moment to breath lol.

Janitor and Arana manage to finish off the dockworkers effectively preventing them from locking down the shuttle. You can now attempt your escape.

The rebel sergeant lets out a volley of quick shots at Janitor and scores a hit on his armor (Take 8 damage minus your soak)

the Sergeant takes cover (Add a setback when making attacks against him) And shouts into his comm. We have enemy agents! They are stealing an imperial shuttle! Shoot them down!"

two more players get to go. All foes are in short range.

Attacking the Seargeant: One red (D12) and one seback (D6) for difficulty

One purple (D8) against anyone else.


Zaelos sprints aboard the shuttle and makes a beeline for the pilot's seat. Take 2 maneuvers to enter shuttle and get to the pilot seat. Quickly he prepares the shuttle for takeoff...

Pilot Space: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 2 successes.
Difficulty: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9 2 threats.
This does not look good...8 rounds to prep the ship looks like.


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius takes aim of the Sergeant again.

Ranged Light: 3d12 + 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (10, 10, 7) + (7) + (4) = 38 Success x 3, Advantage x 7
Diff: 1d12 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (6) = 9 Failure x 1, Threat x 1

Net: Success x2, Advantage x 6

Spending 2 advantages to crit
Cirt: 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (28) + 20 = 48 Head Ringer - Increase difficulty of all Intellect and Cunning checks by until end of encounter.

Damage: 7 + 3 for deadly accuracy + 1 Point Blank
Spend 3 Advantages for a Status Effect: Unable to speak or speak clearly? - If that works?

Darius' shot hits the Sergeant in the head again, disorienting him. The second head shot seems to have caused some problem's with the Sergeant's speach.

Not hearing what he expects for a quick shuttle prep, Darius radios Zaleos on his comm, Sir, it might be worth picking a different ship. That one is likely to get shot down as soon as it takes off. After that message, Darius shouts some words of encouragement to Karval.

Spend 1 advantages to give Karval a boost on his next check.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Darius fires a quick series of shots at the sergeant and the man falls in a heap on the floor. Zaleos suspects it will be some time before the shuttle can get off the ground. The system is still running a diagnostics check.

Someone could attempt either a computer or mechanics check to bypass the checks and calibrations but this will case the ship to lose 2 points of handling and suffer 5 system strain among other risky possibilities. However, at minimum the wait time for take off could be cut in have or better.

The one sole rebel from group A merges with Group B. They then fire as one unit at Darius. With the volley Darius suffers 12 damage [/ooc]Minus your soak.[/ooc] from the onslaught.

It is now Karval's turn and then we start at the top of the order with Two players.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Sorry had a busy weekend & wasn't sure if anyone else was due to be up first.

The ex-gladiator moves to the nearby crowd, his blade held low in his hand and he swings at one of the new rebel soldiers trying to clip the man across the side and put him out of the action - for needless cruelty or death isn't in his nature.

Melee: 3d12 + 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + (6) + (3) = 19
Difficulty: 1d8 ⇒ 6

So 6 successes & an advantage countered by a threat.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval moves in and with a few quick swings he dispatches two more enemies.

The unit only has three left.

Top of the order with 2 players to take spots. The difficulty is 1 red die (D12) to attack the remaining troopers.

You can also attempt to bypass shuttle calibration as described above


Arana cries out "Karval! Stop dancing and hustle!"

She then runs up the gang plank into the shuttle, flying into the engineers station behind Zaelos.

Quickly stabbing at buttons and switches , "Let's see if we can't wake this baby up!" she mutters , face bathed in the glow of the telemetry scrolling across the screen before her.

Mechanics 2d12 + 1d8 ⇒ (1, 12) + (8) = 21
1 Blank, 1 Triumph, 2 Advantage

Bypassing certain safeguards and redirecting a couple non-essential systems to help warm up the engines, Arana taps a button and the tell-tale sound of the shuttles impulse drives begin to windup.

"This'll hurt her a bit, Zaelos, but I can fix that later."

Use 2 advantage, to give next character's action a boost die.


Zaelos nods in agreement, replying softly, "I believe if we do not take off quickly, then we will ALL be...hurt, and quite badly."


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor lays down fire around his fellow Mandalorean, blaster bolts flying in at those untouched by the gladiator's flashing blade.

Attack: 3d12 + 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12, 3, 2) + (3) + (5) = 25
Difficulty: 1d12 ⇒ 7
Net: 3 Successes, 1 Advantage, Triumph

With GM Approval, I'd like to use my Triumph to "do something vital to the scenario" and get the ship ready to move right away. If that's allowed, Janitor offers the advice below--if not, I'll just activate a Crit on the minions. Either way, I'm then spending 2 maneuvers to run to the ship, taking 2 Strain to do so.

After blasting more of the Rebels into oblivion, the trooper rushes onto the shuttle behind the others, and glances around. "Running diagnostics to get ready--takes too long. I learned a backdoor you can use to get by it, should still work, you just hit those--" The veteran walks the others through the much quicker process to get the ship up and running immediately as he keeps an eye on proceedings outside.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You all manage to get the shuttle prepped for take off right away. The rest of you board and the shuttle lifts off.

You begin to fly away.

You now have the difficult task over outmaneuvering the defensive anti-air batteries attempting to shoot you down.

Will the appropraite players make the following checks please:

Pilot: Piloting Space Check vs 3 purple die (d8)

Copilot: Pilot space check vs 3 purple die. Success = 1 success to the pilots total pool and you may pass any net advantages along as well.

Gunners X 2: Two of you can make a Gunnery check vs 2 purple and 1 setback. Each successful check adds a success to the pilot's results pool.

Repairs: Mechanics vs 3 purple die. Success = 1 success for pilot's results.

Spotters can use either computers, cool, vigilance, or perception vs 3 purple die. Success = 1 success added to the pilot's results.


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius staggers aboard the ship, looking like that last volley of shots did some significant damage to him.

Darius moves to one of the gunner's positions, and opens fire.

Gunnery: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 7, 2, 3) = 14 Success x4, Advantage x 1
Difficulty: 2d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 8) + (3) = 12 Failure x 2, Threat x 1

Net: Success x 2

Darius' shots help clear the path for the pilots.


Zaelos turns over the pilot controls to Arana and takes the more familiar position of co-pilot. "Look sharp, Arana. This is going to be a bumpy ride..."

Co-Pilot check: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 2 successes.
Difficulty: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 1) = 9 2 threats.

His co-piloting skills are actually quite passable, but Arana notices he tends to take risky angles of flight closer to the anti-aircraft fire.

"Hang in there, Darius. We are not out of the blast zone yet."


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

After helping to get the ship off the ground, Janitor moves to take over the hardware, manipulating systems to get the craft into prime condition and keep everything running smoothly.

Mechanics: 1d8 + 2d12 ⇒ (4) + (4, 11) = 19 4 Successes, 2 Advantages
Difficulty: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 7) = 14 2 Failures, 3 Threats
Net: 2 Successes, 1 Threat

"Bumpy's right, commander. She's still not in perfect condition yet..." The trooper continues to work, muttering to himself and the ship as he does so.


Pilot 4d8 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 7) = 16
Difficulty 3d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) = 8

Blank,Advantage x2, success x2
Threat, Failure x2, Blank
Net results : 1 Advantage

Sliding into the pilot's chair, Arana pushes down her nervousness , her face a mask of calm as her hands fly about the control console. The shuttle gently lifts off the pad and moves out into the air, a barrage of blaster bolts marring the paint job as the ship speeds away.

A nearby blast rocks the ship as the AA-batteries attempt to zero in on the stolen shuttle. Maneuvering erratically, Arana tries to be as elusive a target as possible, muttering "Some one get on those guns, take out some of those batteries!"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval moves over to the computer screen and turns on the scanners, trying to ascertain the location and trajectory of the AA batteries. Knowing his gunnery skill isn't enough to avoid hitting civilian areas nearby, that the dodgy rebels would place near to their batteries.

He calls out over the comms to both Arana and Darius to help them avoid and hit the flak, respectively. Quickly calculating the best vectors to get them away from the immediate area, the Mandolorean is satisfied that they avoided the aerial bombardment and have slowed the rebels air superiority.

Computers for Observation: 1d12 + 2d8 ⇒ (9) + (8, 7) = 24
Difficulty: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 4) = 15
So that's 4 Advantages & 2 Successes, countered by 3 Threats for : 2 Successes & an advantage.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Arana maneuvers against the onset of the AA Batteries just trying to keep the ship from being shot down. She struggles with the controls but with the aid of all her comrades, she is able to make it through the storm of laser fire unscathed.

You are momentarily in the clear but you have one objective remaining. A specific section of anti ground defense emplacements need to be rendered inoperable.

How do you plan to accomplish this objective with the rebels on high intrusion alert? Also, don't forget you need to inform Tavoes that he doesn't have to bombard the hanger now.

RP time, go to it.


Zaelos nods to Arana, "Good job on your piloting. Not an easy task but you came through brilliantly." He smiles in appreciation.

Turning to the communications board, he taps the panel with the ease of familiarity and configures it to send a coded message on a tight beam burst. "Message for Tavoes: Commander, mission accomplished; hanger is secure. No reprisals necessary. Proceeding to next objective. Zaelos out."

Once the message has been sent, he addresses the group. "OK gentlemen, one target remains. It will be a tough shell to crack however. Options?" He waits for their replies.

Shanosuke, is the shuttle armed? Any ordnance aboard?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The shshuttle has two twin forward laser cannons and one aft laser cannon. No torpedoes of any kind however. If you took on the defense turrets you would be flying around picking apart the defenses all while trying to avoid being shot down. It would be tough to do to say the least.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

He nods happily with Zaleos' informing of the Commander, then looks around the cabin. "Great shooting and piloting, you are truly elite." Then they quickly move onto the next objective.

"The most obvious and destructive one could be to bail out & crash the ship into the defenses - though doing that without being shot out of the air..." he ponders. "A high parabolic arc then even if it does get blown up debris will shower upon the defenders. Of course if they have bunkers, it could be slightly futile. But we could see if Tavoes wishes to co-ordinate a ground effort with our strike?"

"Are there nearby civilian targets, like these cowards like hiding behind?" He goes to check the local map.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor glances to the others as they share congratulations. We just did our jobs, like we're supposed to. Why are we-- He then nods to himself. Right. Not with brothers anymore. A moment too late, he gives a grin to the others. As Zaleos and Karval discuss plans to bring down the defenses, Janitor clears his throat loudly. "We were given explosives for this purpose," Janitor comments, patting the pack that's carrying said devices. "Probably our best option."


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius grabs two stim packs and administers them to himself. With a soothing sigh he adds, If there aren't civilians surrounding anti ground defenses, could we use the orbital bombardments that had been planned for the hangar? What do we know about these defenses?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Keep going


Zaelos shakes his head in reply. "I do think it wise to risk communication again here as the Rebels may determine our next destination. We should stick to the original plan here." Consulting his datapad for a moment he continues, "I believe the defenses have not been upgraded since this report was gathered. Our best way to reach it is by ground. This shuttle will be picked up immediately upon approach of the site, not to mention the fact the entire Rebel force is looking for this shuttle, so we need to find another way to get there."


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius thinks on the commander's words for a moment ...not to mention the fact the entire Rebel force is looking for this shuttle...

"Is there any way we can ditch the shuttle but continue it on some form of a pre-programed course toward another critical location?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Good idea, I'm sure it's possible." he adds; "We stop momentarily on some roof-top? Or use grav-belts to descend to the ground and then take a vehicle to approach the ground target?" He wonders continuing with the planning.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

"Getting the shuttle to continue toward another 'target' while we move separately sounds great," Janitor comments. "Question is if we can get it to work, where to send it, and how we get off without things getting suspicious. I'm guessing at least one of us will have to jump, even if we do a temporary landing."


Zaelos shakes his head slowly. "Jumping out seems too risky to me, as we do not have the proper equipment for such an attempt unless we are near ground level. Perhaps we can hijack a different vehicle as Karval suggests." He turns to the pilot Arana, "How good are your remote-piloting skills?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Actually I rolled on the chance and the results say the shuttle has two speeder bikes on it.


On learning about the speeder bikes, Zaelos comments "Well, it looks like the Rebels are providing for our needs here. We can pair off on the bikes while Arana pilots the shuttle until we ditch it."


Looking a little disappointed she wouldn't be riding on speeder bikes this day, Arana sighs and says "I can get you relatively close, then stay on station until you need extraction."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Is that best, that Arana stay here? They might try to shoot it down." Karval asks with a touch or concern; "Maybe if you circle over a populated area. But couldn't we ferry ourselves out & put the ship on auto-pilot?"


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor nods. "I'd rather not leave anyone onboard and chance getting shot down. If we can set it to autopilot, have it hover, that'd be best. Frankly, I don't trust the rebs not to shoot down a ship over civilians."


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius nods in agreement.


Zaelos nods, "Very well. Arana set a course for somewhere out of sight so we can exit the shuttle on the bikes unseen. Then set a course for the autopilot so it will crash somewhere nearby. It won't fool the Rebs for long, but it should suffice for our needs."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Exactly, with some luck they won't know our destination or point where we left." Karval nods in rough agreement as they work out the plan. His hands skip to the back of his head where he tightens his silvery braid.


As a decision is made, Arana nods and says "OK, plotting our approach....". Her hand fly across the controls, entering parameters and turning the occasional nob and finally grabbing the controls and sending the shuttle hurtling towards the hills below...

Piloting 4d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 5, 3) = 18
Success 3, Advantage 2

Computer, to program autopilot1d12 + 2d8 ⇒ (8) + (6, 4) = 18
Success 3, Advantage 2

Will roll Difficulty/Challenge as directed....


Male Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin, Gadgeteer) - Wound: 16/16 - Strain: 14/14 - Soak: 2 (3 in Armor)

Darius searches the ship for any other useful items before they land.

Perception: 1d12 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + (6) = 8 1 Success, 1 Advantage

2,851 to 2,895 of 2,895 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.