Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


251 to 300 of 2,819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Me'ona will double move.
Karval manages to take down the trooper who was shooting at Zaleos. However you draw the attention of two more.

They both fire as you move towards them. One shot hits Karval for 14 vitality.

You all manage to reach the stairs.

Seeing the defense team distracted, the vader troopers rush them.

You are all clear to race up the stairs.

You get a breather at the elevator. It takes about five minutes to for the elevator to reach the loading station.

You are now in a large room filled with docking terminals, processing stations, waiting rooms, and many dock workers, loading droids, and of course troopers all runing about.

The terminal number is E7 and is a good ways past all the troopers. You will not go unnoticed.

In total it is 60 meters to the terminal.

There are about 20 stormtroopers and 15 naval troopers running about.
You have not been noticed yet.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval grunts as the troopers bolts fly his way, however he makes sure that he brings up the rear as the group get toward the lift. He doesn't back look at troopers as the vader troopers attack. 'A pity, they were probably valiant men. But once the Empress attains her birth-right, the throne, these disputes will be unnecessary.'

Upon the lift he looks to the others, the brises upon his face faded to small smudges of dirt; "Shall we sneak again, this time I'll restrain myself more. Maybe try to bluff our way through this and worn them of the Elite assault troopers. I am sure they are right behind us, slavering for blood." His grim tone is not reassuring in the least.

Vitality Calc:
Fast Healing = 2/min.
6 + 34 (17min since retreat call) - 14 + 10 (5min lift ride) = 36?


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona thinks about it for a minute. "Let's try a sneak and bluff."
stealth and bluff1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Zaelos nods at his bodyguard, wishing he had the Mandalorian's legendary stamina. I hope this works or otherwise we are in really big trouble...

Mustering his best authoritative tone, he calls out in a voice which brooks no opposition (or so he hoped). "Hey, cover our backs here! There is an entire squadron of Elite troopers right behind us. We cannot let them through! For the Emperor!"

Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Profession, Officer 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Oh brother...


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Not having the luxury of even thinking about combat at this point if he wanted to escape, Nichos relies on the distraction caused by his party mates to start sneaking.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval folds his muscular arms, standing beside Zaleos his Master. Ever ready to bodyguard the Noble, whilst hopefully the others get to the ship to start it up.

Whilst Zaleos starts to assert his authority through his manner and noble breeding. Karval nods his head making sure to be in a position to interpose his body between the troopers and the noble, if required.

Aid Other (Bluff) 1d20 ⇒ 16
Aid using Intimidate (if possible) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Unfortunately Zaleos will fail. I will give you guys a moment to come up with a new plan before the 40-somethin badguys start shooting. :)


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Plan???:
Karval notices the troopers expression change and decides to take a different tack. "Hey idiots, get on your comms. They're dying down there. This place is under attack in 10 minutes you are either going to be laying here dead, Vaders' troopers spitting on the corpse - or you can take the attack to them and maybe survive for your dead idiot of a leader to claim your glory. OR come with Lord Buerlon and I, the Storm of Nar Shadda. Take the galaxy back, this base has fallen - Join us!" Karvals tone is authoritative, decisive, used to the military mind. Though he is hopeful that their loyalty can be bought.

Yep, a bit over the top, but... :P Unless we have any grenades/artillery


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

If it's not too late, I suppose Nichos could attempt to salvage the situation with a diplomacy roll.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Other option:

Spoiler:
run??


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The troopers with visible eyes glare and those with the traditional white helemts draw their blasters. "Intruders! Blast'em!" They start shooting.

A volley of blaster fire comes at you guys.

Me'ona takes a hit for 14 damage. Karval takes a 18 damage and Zaleos takes 10.

You guys are up. There is a lot of cover but a LOT of bad guys and a lot of ground to cover. Good luck.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

More blaster fire flies toward Karval and he makes a stoic assessment of their chances. He pressed the release catch on the pistol and the power pack falls out to the ground; Karval turns quickly and shouts ostensibilly to his colleagues - "Grenade!"

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 7

'Hope they buy that. Now to run!' He starts to run away from the troopers and towards the ship, hoping that the distance and cover will reduce the chances of his being shot. He darts away, making sure that the crates and obstacles interpose themselves from the optimal firing line.

Double move towards the ship, trying to get a bit of cover.


Vitality 0/21; WP 12/12

Zaelos knows he cannot take another blaster shot like that. Deciding his bodyguard had the correct strategy, he follows Karval trying to stay undercover as best he can.

Double move, following Karval, staying under cover.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Knowing full well he can't take another hit, Nichos skips shooting back, and tries to use the cover to give himself some stealth as he moves forward as fast as possible.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

vitality 0/21; WP 1/12
Me'eona follows his companions' examaple and tries to keep total cover and hiding.
stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Things are excitingly dire for this group. My plans are working perfectly.

You race through the docking station to your terminal under heavy fire. Thanks to the consistant presence of cover between turns you are, by the rues at any rate, able to move without really getting shot at.

You make it to the terminal racing down the tunnel to the entrance hatch of the gunboat. Their is a maintinence hatch on the top of the tunnel. Whoever is going to blow the docking clamps needs to use that hatch.

This ship itself shows signs of life within. There might be a couple of imperials within. Bad guys for certain. Not many though.

Everything must be timed perfectly or it WILL end in disaster. For example. The locked up Docking clamps are holding the ship up. Blowing them will not only release the ship but cause it to fall.

So how are you going to proceed. Who is doing what and in what order?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval calls out as they rush from cover to cover, slowly increasing the distance to the troopers behind them;
"Nichos can you get us into the ship? You hack the system to allow someone to pilot and maybe release the clamps.
I'll back up the pilot and take out whomever is in the bridge?
What else do we need to do?.... Anyone lend me a weapon? Mine seem to have been 'lost'."
his feet pumping as the metres to the ship rapidly close.

SO what else do we need; enter the ship, secure the ship, make sure it can take off. Get a pilot. Me'eona?


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Computer Use 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Zaelos nods in agreement with Karval but adds, "I do not think the ship can release the clamps so Nichos will need to override the controls when outside the ship. As for the officers insdie, I may be able to persuade them to assist us in piloting the ship..."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Heh...maybe not.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

......
Two things
What is Nichos Computer using?
Who is Zaleos diplomacing?

You guys are in the docking terminal.
No enemies or computers are in here

The door to the ship is open and you can hear people talking inside the ship but you don't see them.


Zaelos meant to use that roll to convince the Imperials to surrender without a fight, once we enter the ship (but with that roll I think he will fail). I think the plan here is to have Nichos enter the maintenance hatch and use a terminal (if available) or his own computer kit (if not) to override the docking clamp controls. Then the rest of us enter the ship and deal with the Imperial officers. After that Nichos releases the clamp controls and rejoins us aboard. Finally Me'eona pilots (with Karval as co-pilot) us out of here.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Unfortunately you need to have a dandy datapad and the ability to roll over 30. On site computer manipulation will be impossible. Unless you really put some serious points into that agility. Feat, skills, equipment, circumstances, buffs, etc. Level one characters can be very clever. So can you score over 30?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Moving towards the ship, Karval looks around for entry;

  • Primary: Passenger/ Crew Door/Air-lock.
  • Secondary: Cargo Docking Bay
  • Tertiary: Whomever is to blow the Docking Clamps has to use the Maintenance Hatch.

"Remember we need someone in the pilots' seat before we blow or release the docking clamps. So maybe two of you work on the computer? We could also see if the pilot inside can release then or if it's remote? Or if we have to use charges to blow it." Karval says rapidly, he seems move talkative and at ease than you have seen him before. But there is a slight underlying tone of concern and dejection in his voice.

Demolitions - is it possible to 'blow' or sabotage the docking clamps on the ship without irreparably damaging it and with our meagre equipment? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona looks around, "I need to get to the pilot's seat. I've got a thing for flying these things. I'm a bit hurt but I can still fire a blaster. Karval take my rifle; I can use my pistol."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Thanks." Karval says gruffly whilst taking the rifle, his demeanor softens to the pilot now that he has been tested in battle. He starts to move towards the entrance to the ship.


Zaelos nods, "OK I will help Nichos with the docking clamps. I just hope I don't need to blow something up though." He proceeds to follow Nichos up the maintenance hatch.

Computer Use (AA Nichos) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

With his security kit, Nichos can hit potentially hit a DC 30 with a roll of a 20. Aid another could potentially add more, but short of taking 20, it's not likely that it would succeed in the time frame we have to work with.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Alright I am putting Nichos and Zaleos on the exterior of the ship though the maintinence hatch. Nichos, you and Zaleos are allowed three attempts to hack the latches controls, after that you MUST settle on blowing them. Security Kit is allowed.

If the full crew wants to assist, I will allow that, otherwise Karval and Me'ona head inside to where the two pilots are checking controls.

You two get the surprise round of them.


Zaelos allows the Chiss to take the lead in the attempt to override the controls. Trying to relax as the alien begins the delicate operation, he recalls something of the old ways of his home planet, now long-forgotten.

If the Old Spirits still watch over me, may They guide my hand here.

Computer Use #1 (AA Nichos) = 24 (using previous roll)
Computer Use #2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Computer Use #3 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Woah! Zaleos you took Nichos's nat 20! How's he suppose to do the job now? Give him back his nat 20


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Unfortunately, it's probably best/quickest if at least Karval heads inside to secure the area.

'Judging by the reactions of the rest of the base. No surrender, no remorse.' Karval thinks as he enters the ship, his feet moving silently as possible. For a second he remembers the ships his youth; walking the corridors of visiting dignitaries on behalf of his parent ambassors.

"Take out the pilot, then 'talk' to the co-pilot." Karval says as he approaches the cockpit door. He bursts into the cockpit like an assassin, his rifle opening up a barrage of death. "Surrender"

Surprise Round 1- [ooc]Standard: Attack (rifle) Vs pilot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) = 6


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

It might be best if I simply give him the security kit, and aid him. This dice roller hates me.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona walks behind Karval and opens fire along with him.
Surprise Round 1 - attack with pistol at pilot1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 223d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 7) = 17
Critical confirm1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
WOOT!!! Head shot babby!!
Seeing the pilot drop, Me'eona smiles at the co-pilot, "We should talk."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval misses wildly and scores the controls with his blaster shot.
Me'eona landed a killer hit ont the second pilot. No results from just basic talk. It needs to be accompanied by a Charisma check. I do give bonuses to good conditions though.

I will be a nice GM since Zaleos made his roll before Nichos. With and assist and the security kit, Zaleos will manually override the clamps lock and allow them to release the ship. However, you did not roll high enough to control the release. As soon as you hack it, it lets go of the inactive ship. Now the terminal connecter tunnel is the only thing holding the ship up and it isn't meant too.

You all feel the gravity pulling the ship down, the terminal connecter tunnel is creaking under the weight of the now falling gunship.

Somebody better get the repulsers going.

The remaining pilot doesn't quite seem to notice the ship is falling as he draws his blaster and fires at Me'eona. Misses and the shot blows a control monitor.

Your turn, Ships falling and the pilot refuses to cooporate. Oh and one more little fun note, Zaleos and Nichos are still outside the ship. :D
I enjoy being malicious.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval watches as his shot misses, but his companions accuracy is impressive. Killing the pilot!

As the ship suddenly jerks downwards Karval looks slightly startled; 'Hope that wasn't my blaster shot that did it!' His stomach slightly falling with the motion of the ship Karval leaps forward; dropping the borrowed blaster rifle. He dives trying to restrain the pilot in case he goes out of control.

Karvals rough voice calls out the obvious to Me'eona "Get this ship under control." before he turns his rough voice to the co-pilot he is attempting to struggle with. "Give up or we'll have to kill you too!"

Move: Charge the co-pilot.
Standard: Initiate Grapple - provoking a AoO (if he has a melee weapon?) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Intimidate: (if able)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Computer Use 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Aid Another

Seeing that Zaleos seems to have a good handle on the terminal, Nichos has no problem handing over his security kit, and providing support as Zaleos does the main work.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona rushes to the flight controls to get the repulsers going. "I hope this works"

intimidate check from the shot1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
move: move to flight controls after Karvel initiates the grapple trying to avoid attacks of opportunity.
stand: start up the ship. pilot check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the delay. work and research. I am still figuring out a many of these rules for this game.

Karval grapples the pilot who drops his gun as Me'eona graps the repulser controls. With a sudden lurch the ship stabalizes.

On the hull Nichos and Zaleos are still dinking with the controls seemingly unaware that the ship is falling. The lurch wakes them up.

Nichos and Zaleos hop back into the terminal and scramble into the ship just as it begins to pull away.

In the Cock pit Karval has the pilot muscled into submission and Me'eona is at the flight controls. The ship is now heading to space.

Daaa Daaa Da da da DAaa Daaa

Repair DC 15:

Two sets of controls were damaged in the fighting.
1st the Automated Defense turret controls were damaged. You won't be able to activate them without repairing the controls.

2nd The Nav computer has taken some damage. Further Diognostics are needed to determine the extent of the damage. Be another repair check or a navigation check. DC is variable, higher you get, better the result.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

repair1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Me'eona comments to everyone as they come in, "The automated defense turret controls are damaged so unless someone can fix them we out of luck. Plus, the nav computer took damage. Someone that can fix the system or that is familiar with navigation should give it a look."


Zaelos shakes his head in response. "I think I would make things worse if I tried to do something here. Fortunately we don't need to go very far, just where that moon is."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Not much I can do in either of those departments, I'm afraid. Frankly, I'm amazed we're still alive after that crazy fool decided that trying to charge straight through the enemy was even remotely intelligent."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval smiles, putting the co-pilot into a choke and slowly he drifts unconscious (Shanosuke, feel free to make any rolls). He turns to the others nodding slightly at Nichos' words. "Yes, but in the end he paid for it. It would have been beneficial to change his mind rather than it be lost."

Turning to Me'eona, with a look of new-found camaraderie ; "Me'eona, you said, it is good to meet you. Thank you for your help, you know Zaleos?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay so no one can repair either of those systems huh? This'll be fun hehe.

Karval successfully knocks out the pilot.

The gunship breaks through the atmosphere into space. As soon as you are space bound TIE fighters of the purple stripe lock onto you and move to engage.

Without the auto defense turrets active, your only hope of defense will be the manual guns on the hull of the gunship and the forward batteries too.

You need to establish two main pilots and two gunners.


Zaelos glances at the scope, noting the incoming TIE fighters.

Well, this is going to get interesting...

He motions to Nichos, "We had better man these guns...this is not over yet I'm afraid..."

As everyone takes their station, he yells to Me'eona "I hope your piloting skills are up to task here! We need to get close to our pickup zone! If you can get a message out to Commander Tavoes , he can give us some cover!"

My division of tasks here is:
Me'eona: Pilot
Karval: Co-pilot
Zaelos/Nichos: Gunners...(ob boy...WE'RE DOOMED...)


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval looks grimly at the screen, seeing the incoming ships. He moves down the sit in a seat, where he has just removed the previous occupant from. "Aye, I know a bit about hardware, I tinker with my guns, but without a tool kit it would be hard.... Well we'll have to get to it once we have a moment."

The gruff gladiator seems to get more talkative and personable once you get to know him.

That's a reasonable division, i think Zaleos.

Repair check for the above spoiler: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

reasonable division of responsibilities
Me'eona laughs, "Don't worry Zaleos, I've gotten out of places a lot worse than this.....well....sort of. But we should be okay. Everyone hold on!"
pilot check. heading toward the pick up point.1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Despite being rather concerned, Nichos appears to be as confident and cheeky as ever as he heads to one of the guns, shaking his head at the continued insanity around them.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Despite breaking his usual dour demeanour Me'eona & Nichos smailes are infectious and Karval cracks a slight smile. He adjusts the seat slightly and starts to familiarise himself with the controls.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval I rolled a Comp use check on your behalf.

Karval rewires the defense systems and successfully reprograms the defences to target the purple striped TIEs. With a vicious burst of laser fire, The droid controlled turrets on the gun boat open fire on the incoming TIEs.

Zaleos and Nichos take the manual turrets. The gunship is now surrounded by enemy fighter blasting away. Karval and Me'eona work desperately to avoid as much incoming fire as they can

Ship combat is a tad difficult to run without a proper map. I will do my best to describe the scenario.

Guns are ablaze.

There are 12 TIE Fighters, 8 TIE Intercepters, and 3 TIE Bombers ahead of you. The bombers are the most dangerous.

Karval and Me'eona are piloting the ship and get to decide its direction.
Heading left of the block will require a higher pilot check but keeps the fighters from surrounding you.
Heading right will avoid them but you would be heading towards the star destroyers of the enemies
Heading straight takes you into the thick of the fighters but is the easiest flying and avoids the capital ships
Your choice

Nichos and Zaleos you to are on turret duty, pick your targets and fire.
intercepters are closest.
Fighters are numerous
The bombers are of the most danger to you all at the moment but are effectively screened by the fighters and would be hard to hit.

Okay it is your turns.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
not sure what other dice rolls you require

Nichos stops for a second to breath as he reaches the turret. Focusing on the interceptors until he can get a clear shot at the bombers, hoping the droid controlled guns can take that screen out, he mutters to himself something about force users and their stupid cults always getting in the way before pulling the trigger.

251 to 300 of 2,819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.