Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


151 to 200 of 2,811 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Zaelos points to the security door the group just passed through. "Nichos, lock this door down. Karval, cover the corridor. I will see if we have any company nearby."

Use Force Sight to scan for life forms nearby. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval drops to a crouch on his haunches; poised to spring forward if required. The rifle tight against his shoulder lightly hisses as the compressors cool the barrel.

Eyes darting around for a second take in Zaleos shades' as he seems to look into the distance. 'Looking for company?' The nervousness anticipation and adrenaline buzz make Karval feel alive once again, ignoring the aches from the troopers fire.

Karval briefly thinks of the xenophobe that has fallen during the stair-skirmish. 'I suggested we take that course, always difficult when we loose a man...even someone like Fleming.' However his concentration wavers not, rigorous training has ensured his alertness.

After brief check back to see that Nichos has fixed the door & Zaleos has found no-one else, Karval rushes half-way down the corridor. "So we go through the Offices and to the main-hanger; that is the path that Galvert set us on." He says into the comm, covering the corridor & new stairs and awaiting the others.

Just checking that's what we are doing? Option 1, initially and then up the stairs?


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Computer Use 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Nichos is too distracted to effectively do anything with the door.

stupid dice


Once Zaelos sees what lies beyond the door, he silently moves to assisy Nichos.

Computer Use 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Both Martian Level 20 invader

With some assistance Zaleos manages to help Nichos lock the door. You suspect it will not hold long though and should consider moving quickly

Zaleos:

You sense other troopers are on the way from the other door but up the stairs a ways you sense one presence with a familiar tingle to it. "You sense something. A presence you have not felt since...."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval awaits the pair to finish up locking the door. His rifle covering the stairs he says firmly. "Through the door at the corridors head? I'll cover you."


Zaelos at first does not respond to the soldier, although Karval is well used to these habits. Instead Zaelos shakes his head, "Someone waits for us up the stairs." Karval notices he is gripping his blaster much more tightly than normal.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval brings a finger to his lips, places the rifle upon the floor. From his crouched position he quietly draws his vibro-sword, the other hand upon the butt of his holstered pistol.

Quietly he says "Alright, I'll check whom. Many?" He waits a second before moving silently and quickly up the stairs. Keeping in a crouch he tries to avoid the worst of any potential fire.

If I can do the swapping weapon thing, if not disregard the bulk of the post.
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Zaelos holds up one finger, indicating it is a single person who awaits them. "Beware, he knows you are here."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

'****, this is not good.' Karval moves up the staircase. He draws upon all of the training, speed and strength that his years in the gladiatorial arena have honed into his body. Within a couple of paces his muscles start to burn as he pushes them whilst crouching; getting to the first landing Karval rises into a more upright position.

Assuming a right hand turn (as traditional in buildings) in the staircase & a open stairwell with no door between it and the corridor.

Karval kicks off the left hand wall and dives to the right, completely by-passing the flat landing and hopefully wrong-footing the man stood there. The blade horizontal before him.

Athletics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
I believe you roll initiative, Shanosuke. EDIT: All my good rolls!! before any combat.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos will follow behind quietly, his rifle ready to cover Karval as much as the stairway allows him to.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Six men are splayed about the room. Three look like they died from blaster fire, one from strangulation, and two from grenades.

There is one man dressed in the garb of a cleaner working at a terminal. Without turning his head he comments, "Took you all long enough to get here. Tell your sight challenged friend that I would like to see him." He chuckles to himself before continuing, "My name is Me'eona. I was sent as an advance scout per the Empresses order."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Meet our new player.
You all now in the main control room with this man claiming to be a member of Mirianna's army.

The controls in here should allow you to lock down the main hanger to prevent a good amount of air support for the impending attack Commander Tavoes had mentioned. Locking the docking clamps will also keep several star destroyers from entering the fray.

Me'ona:

You have not yet hacked the controls to lock down the yards yet.

P.S. all the dead guys in the room are officers and navy troopers A.k.a death star troopers. Push overs compared to actual stormstroopers.


Zaelos is the last one to enter the control room, his body tensing for what he knows is about to happen. He turns to face the newcomer and the grip on his blaster tightens.

Without looking directly at him, he intones in a voice devoid of emotion,

Mirilukan:
"So, our paths have crossed again. It seems I am cursed to be reminded of my past decisions."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Determining the newcomer to be not a primary concern at the moment, Nichos heads straight to the computer bank, pulls out a small security kit, and gets to work locking the system down.

Computer Use 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 +2 if the security kit is of use


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval pauses in-front of the 'cleaner' his blade raised. The words bringing a thoughtful look to his eyes; they glance at Zaleos awaiting confirmation. As the man speaks in their native tongue Karval backs off slightly.

Transferring the humming blade to his off hand but still being at the ready, a small growl escapes his lips at being denied the glory of close-combat. He pulls his pistol out flicking it to auto-fire setting as Nichos moves past to achieve the objective.

Slowly Karval backs off covering both the door and the New-comer. 'A scout(?), his works is quite impressive and useful.' Karval backs off further to one of the dead Naval troopers his body still facing the entrance; he quickly glances at the body assessing it's injuries.

Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

"Need an assist on the computers? I am able." Karval asks the Chiss specialist.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Unlike some, I never turn down help. Grab an empty terminal, and see what you can do with the Star Destroyers." Nichos speaks quietly and quickly as he concentrates on locking down the main hangar.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

'It's better to get this done quickly rather than wasting time covering the position. Hopefully Zaleos can ascertain the scouts position.'

Karval reluctantly turns off the vibro-sword and sheathes it. He moves to an empty terminal where he can see the door (at least with minimal adjustment of its' position). He places his pistol on the top with a quick reach of his fingers.

Pulling off the heavy gauntlets he wears he gets to work on the terminal trying to lock down the hanger bay doors. Silently assisting Nichos in his task, although he occasionally asks monosyllabic questions.

Computer Use (Aid other? or is better to have my own skill use?) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Mirilukan

Spoiler:
"Are you still sore about that? It was a while ago. I would have returned your family's ship but I ran into some trouble. I'll give you the coordinances to what's left when we're done here."

Still working at the terminal, "Let me help with that slice."
computer use assist 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Mirilukan:
"As you may have guessed, I have a long memory for such injustice. But this is not the time nor place for this. We will discuss reparations later."

Zaelos moves to an unoccupied terminal and assists the others in what they were sent here to do.

Computer use AA 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Mandolorean Soldier

After about 30 seconds to a minute (Assuming nothing happens in between). Karval pauses his terminal and with a snap produces his medical kit; an old battered box having saved his existance after countless fights. He moves over to Zaleos and then Nichos; producing the syringes and other accoutrements he applies them to the scrapes they received. With an arched eye-brow he looks to the 'scout/cleaner', before returning to the terminal.

If this stops the aid fair-enough, but the others have taken a bit of damage.

Treat Injury (Zaleos) TN15= 2 Vitality 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Treat Injury (Nichos) TN15= 2 Vitality 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Treat Injury (Karval) TN15= 2 Vitality 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Between the lot of you having at this console, you manage to lock down the docks and hanger bay. However the alarm is in full swing. Troopers are coming.

You also pick up some comm chatter on one of the bodies in the room stating that two other locations have been locked down and the base is in full alert. They are coming.

Comm on the console pings to life from an outside source. You answer to see the hologram of Mirianna's commander Tavoes.

"Good. I can see that our infiltration tactic worked. Hold your positions while we move in to take control of the yards. You gave all done a great service for her majesty keep it up."

The room you are in has two entrances and two consoles in the center that can be used as cover. Prepare for battle.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos turns his attention to locking down the doors to buy them some time.

Computer Use 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12+2 if security kit is applicable


Male Mandolorean Soldier

When they (the troopers) enter the doors if I could have a time check; for my Fast Healing, please GM Shanosuke.

Karval looks grimly at the rest of the group; "Alright, last stands are not pretty. Holding this room is going to be bloody. Well done Nichos; shut the doors. That should hold them up, a while at least. Once they get in we have a problem."

Karvals speaking analytically and cautiously; "We have to limit their numbers entering the room."

"We have some options; I could block a door. Hold them at bay' Until I an overwhelmed and die 'we take cover, maybe cause an electrical fire." his tone is grim as he realises this could be a last stand but at least they have achieved their objective for the Empress. Karval goes over to one of the dead guards and takes a spare pistol?

He turns to the new-comer, "Well this will test if you are a traitor. Die with us and you will be fine, fight beside me and you may earn my trust." He finishes his tirade with an unusually cheeky wink.


Zaelos nods in agreement. "Yes, we need to create a choke-point so they can limit access into here. If they use grenades against us though..." He leaves the thought unfinished.

He continues to work on helping Nichos access the security system. "Nichos, can you access the security systems, erect a force shield around one of the doors?"

Computer Use AA 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"I can try. I'll have to see how extensive the security system is."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Zaelos; with the treat injury you should be upto 10 vitality. If we have time i can try to help Nichos, but only for 2 points.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona calmly stands up and straps a combat helmet over his head. Taking cover, he readies his assault rifle and comments, "We are strong. They are weak. The Force will guide us and if not, then it won't matter." At that he lets out a long belch. "But seriously, I'm out of grenades. If Zaleos will assist, I will try and given as much warning as I can."

Miralukese

Spoiler:
"We can discuss retribution later silver spoon. Let us join in the force."

use enhance ability force power. costs 3 vitality. Well, no enhancement today. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Unfortunately you are unable to hack the security. The troopers are coming. Both doors are being broke into. Sparks fly as the troopers are breaking in.

As you take your positions the doors explode and the troopers start barging in.

You all get a reaction shot(Surprise round) followed by your turns, (You have the initiative)


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Taking cover behind a console terminal; Karvals' heart starts pumping adrenaline into his blood. Time seems to slow down - he pulls the trigger, a bolt flies towards the trooper breaking in through the door.

"Split fire between the two doors." Karval shouts.

Surprise Round - Fire Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (8, 8, 4) = 20

How long has it been since the fight in the stairwell, Shanosuke?


Ducking behind the console, Zaelos switches his rifle to Multi fire and, following his bodyguards advice, opens fire on the troopers entering on the opposite side where Karval is guarding the door.

Surprise shot Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12
Round 1
Blaster Rifle shot #1 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19 multifire; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 8, 6) = 20
Blaster Rifle shot #2 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2 multifire; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) = 10
Crit for Surprise shot 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Crit for Shot #1 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10 multifire


Male Mandolorean Soldier

'Good shooting, we'll need that to survive.' Karval thinks after catching Zaleos crack-snipering out of the corner of his eye. He focuses on the troopers moving through his doorway. His finger flicks the multi-fire option on the pistol and unleashes hell.

Round 1
Blaster Pistol - Shot 1 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 1) = 9
Blaster Pistol - Shot 2 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona blasts the first trooper in the room and then follows up with another well placed shot.
blaster rifle shot on surprise round and then on round 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 173d8 ⇒ (1, 3, 8) = 121d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 173d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 2) = 16


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Taking cover behind the console, Nichos takes aim at the closest opponent, quietly hoping for a miracle as he focuses on the task at hand.

Going to assume point blank shot range given the scenario.
Free shot
attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 8) + 1 = 16
1st round
attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 7, 5) + 1 = 20


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval you forgot your surprise round shot. Aside from that your onslaught is insane.


Male Mandolorean Soldier
Karval de Longinous wrote:

Taking cover behind a console terminal; Karvals' heart starts pumping adrenaline into his blood. Time seems to slow down - he pulls the trigger, a bolt flies towards the trooper breaking in through the door.

"Split fire between the two doors." Karval shouts.

Surprise Round - Fire Blaster Pistol 5 + 5
Damage 3d8= 20

How long has it been since the fight in the stairwell, Shanosuke?

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I just wanted to give others a chance to post, especially if someone did something extra-ordinary in round 1


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The onslaught of blaster fire levels several stormtroopers and navel troopers. The first few troopers who entered each door drop to the floor. Another sever troopers try and enter the room firing as they move. Mostly their shots go wide.

One shot does nail Nichos for 15 damage. Good shot too.

There are 3 stormtroopers in the room and two navel troopers. These soldiers aren't benefiting from cover and will find cover once further in or try and force you from yours.

Your turns.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Ouch, Nichos I think that does 7 Wound Damage? Thus you need a DC12 check to stay concious?!

Karval staying behind cover whinces as his wingman is shot. The troopers enter the room despite the withering fire. 'I'll make them pay for this.'

A grim smile upon his lips; "Your false leaders are nothing compared to the unifying Empress."

Blaster Pistol Shot 1 (Stormtrooper1) 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 7) = 17
Blaster Pistol Shot 2 (Stormtrooper2) 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16


Zaelos winces as Nichos gets nailed by one of the troopers. Time to make them pay dearly for this. He cries out, "For the Empire!" as he opens fire on the naval troopers.

Round 2
Blaster Rifle #1 (NT #1) 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 8, 6) = 20
Blaster Rifle #2 (NT #2) 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 2) = 14


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona levels his rifle at one of the stormtroopers. regular attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 163d8 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Round 2
Fort save 1d20 ⇒ 14

Nichos grits his teeth as he continues to shoot, taking aim at the trooper who hit him before diving behind the console to get full cover.

fatigued
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 7, 3) + 1 = 15


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval grits his teeth in a grim smile happy that his compatriot still can stand, at least enough to fire his rifle. The blood beats in his ear as he says to the pale alien; "Tough man, you're determination does the Empress proud."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

A stormtrooper and a Naval trooper go down. As the others move in to ready their shots the whole control room is rocked by an explosion. You all need to make a Reflex save DC 14 or be knocked prone, roll a 1 and you take a d6 in vitality.


Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Zaelos is staggered by the explosion and is knocked down to his knees. As he struggles to maintain consciousness, he thinks wryly I wish we had grenades as well...


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Reflex save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
figures
1d6 ⇒ 6 damage
1d20 ⇒ 9 stabilization roll

Nichos is knocked out cold from the blast, and is no longer moving.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

The waves of concussive force roll over the room from the grenades, Karval is rocked. He looks to his compatriot bleeding upon the floor, 'I must do something; if we can just hold them off I will help you friend (?)'

Reflex Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Our go now?


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona exclaims, "Hutt spit!" as he steadies himself from the explosion. "Where did that come from?"
reflex save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
perception check to figure out where the explosion came from1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
"We need to get out of here! Someone grab the chiss while I cover!"
question, are we using the rules from Hero's Guide on suppression fire? if we are then, i will designate a 4x4 meter area affecting the majority of the troopers. if not, then i will ready an action to fire on anyone moving toward us or firing at us. attack rolls are:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 43d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) = 11


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Me'ona:

Catching a glimpse at the external monitoring system shows a small fleet of star destroyers that have just appeared hammering key military installations.
I will have to review suppression rules before I can say for sure.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval shouts calmly; "And go where? Break through them?!"

'At least that grenade should have harmed the controls stopping them from repairing our sabotage.' His demeanour quiet, his thumb switching back to single shot. He bends down and picks up his fallen compatriot; keeping the console next to him and still between him and the troopers he fires.

Move Action: pick up Nichos (?)
Standard: Fire Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

"Drag him behind the cover, there wasn't a grenade. Our comrads have started their bombing runs."

151 to 200 of 2,811 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.