Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


101 to 150 of 2,878 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos follows quietly, having finally decided to let the poor human have a chance to prove himself. Besides, by being quiet, the chances of the fool being off his guard and letting his mouth run again were higher.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You make it to the base of the stairs uninpeded but that is where the luck ends as now marching down the stairs are six stormtroopers. You see them before they see you, you can shoot up and them from here so take your surprise round actions and first round actions. The stairs give both groups cover. The distance between you two is roughly 30 feet for those who have point blank.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval moves swiftly taking advantage of cover and surprise. 'A hail of fire should reduce the chance of them spotting our exact numbers.'

He drops into a firing stance and unleashes a hail of bolts from the heavy blaster.

Surprise Round Action
Standard Attack (I believe multi-fire is a full round action?) so Karval takes a single shot. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 2) = 13


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos fires at the mass of foes, hoping he can at least hit somebody, before taking a step back to avoid being the prime target.

attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
damage 3d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 5) = 11


Zaelos aims and fires at the nearest trooper in his otherworldly sight. As he slips behind cover, he thinks wryly, I do not think I am aiming well so far...

Attack Blaster 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 2) = 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Waiting to see what Gravel does. Nichos, is your avatar what your Chiss looks like? No wonder Gravel seems to have issues. Your ugly.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

It's the closest I could find. He actually has black hair and grey eyes, and normal sized ears, but at least the skin color is accurate.


Are there any terrain features around besides the stairs? And how many flights of stairs do we need to go up to get where we are going?

Assuming there is no clear method of cutting off further stormtrooper advances, Galvet will fire up the stairs with his rifle.

Blaster Rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10
Confirmation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Crit Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 3) = 14


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm not sure how many flights. I said 30 feet so I'm gonna guess about 3 flights of stairs. Not much cover besides the stairs themselves. According the other map you need to head up 6 flights of stairs.

You all fire up the stairs and Galvet is the only one that scores a hit, however, the hit didn't drop the stormy, there are still six of them and one is hurt. They all fire on you but they all miss.

It is now your action.


I assume that it is fairly clear that Zaelos's shot was excellent and still missed?

At this angle it will take forever to clear out all of the guards, they are too well protected. A protracted firefight only benefits them so we must find another around before they close in behind us.

He'll look around for any other possible solution, including looking through the map. If there is an access tunnel or something that will allow them to circumvent this checkpoint, he'll point it out as best he can.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Charge? I could at least trip one up and throw him down stairs? We could close the range, negating their cover." Karval suggests getting ready to loosen his knife.

This is dangerous, but could be very useful & we have few options. Sorry, but feeling great atm, so here are the rolls below.

If 1+ person agrees, this is Karvals action:

Attack Stormtrooper (preferably not one hit by Galvert)

Melee Touch attack for trip/bullrush, which ever will try to let me throw one. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Strength Roll (Opposed) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

EDIT: Add a force point roll to the attack, if possible (hopefully they are still flatfooted :/


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The stairs offer a +6 to AC because of how hard it is to see up or down. Their AC is 20 at the moment. Yours is also +6 so neither side will make much progress. Seems like Karval wants a better shot though hehe. Gonna wait and see what you others do. I do this because the rebel thread is a bit behind.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Not really having anything else to offer to the fire fight, Nichos pulls out his rifle, and sprays the stairwell with as much firepower as he can, more concerned about suppressing enemy fire so that his allies can move forward than trying to actually hit them.

Multifire 1: attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2 damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) = 12
Multifire 2: attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5 damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 3, 8) = 14


Zaelos senses Karval ready to charge into the group and at first thinks, That would be suicide! On reflecting though, their tactical situation could not be much worse.

He barks, "Go, Karval, we'll cover you!"

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) = 13


Male Mandolorean Soldier

'Damn it this is a stupid way to die, still it gives the others a better chance.' Karval grits his teeth as he charges forward.

BTW I believe Karval may give an AoO, if the the StormT has a hand weapon. This is going to be very bad, unless their rolls are like ours!


Galvet shakes his head at the continued shooting from cover and moves back to the door to the stairwell. He'll attempt to lock the door at least so that more guards can't catch them in the crossfire while the group waits out this firefight.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for delaying you guys busy week and all. Creepy, things seem to be slowing down in the forums immensely. Hope you are all still with me. P.S. Skyrim comes out in about a week. I'm gonna be.......a little.....um....busier maybe.

Karval's three companions keep the stormtroopers plenty distracted as he hugs the wall to stay out of sight. He makes it all the way to the base of the stormie's flight that they are shooting from.

Karval, from here you can shoot at them from cover but they wont get any. You should have a good idea as to what their defense is now.

The rest of you can either move up or continue shooting.

Galvet has managed to seal the door behind you so you shouldn't be surrounded.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos will move up behind Karvel.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

After Karval swiftly moves up to the corner of the stairway, with his free hand he motions to the others to follow. 'This is gonna be bloody.' He starts to smile as he sets himself and unleashes a barrage of fire at the stormtroopers, focussing on an individual trying to obliterate him.

Full Round Action - Multi-fire Blaster
Attack 1 1d20 ⇒ 6 Damage 3d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 2) = 10
Attack 2 1d20 ⇒ 11 Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) = 11

Sorry, guys. Thats rubbish


Zaelos takes advantage of the break in fire to slip behind Nichos, blaster ready to fire should a trooper present himself.


I think I'm a bit confused. Did the bull rush from Karval in round 2 work? Assuming not, is he still in melee with the stormtroopers?


Both Martian Level 20 invader
Galvet Fleming wrote:
I think I'm a bit confused. Did the bull rush from Karval in round 2 work? Assuming not, is he still in melee with the stormtroopers?

I ignored his bullrush attempt because it was a failure. Also, Karval wasn't aware of what the scenario looked like. I imagine he changed his mind and went for shooting instead.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Yep, it was a stupid/bold action that would have resulted in 5-6 stormtroopers firing at him at close range.

Karval grits his teeth with a small curse under his breath.


I'm still not sure what the area looks like that Karval has cover but the guards don't so I'm assuming only he can see around a corner or something and the rest of the group is still stuck behind whatever?

Galvet moves up to the end of the line, cursing quietly as well as he aims back at the door they came in hoping that his lock holds.

I'll ready an action to fire if anyone comes in through the door.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I'm sorry I can't make maps. Geez! Sue me. I'll try and explain.

You are in a winding stairwell, kind of like those you find in most hotels or large multi story building. Usually, when you reach the top of a flight of stairs, there is a flat level to stand on, you can turn around and head up the next flight or go through the do on that level.

Karval is on that level and he can use the rail as cover. The stormtroopers are on the actual stair, therefore they don't have cover unless they go to the top of the flight they're on. Since Karval moved up first, he's the only one who can shoot at them from cover and ignore their cover.

Now. here is what the rest of you can do. You can either shoot up at the baddies from the flight below theirs, this incurs a +6 Cover bonus to each party.

Alternatively, you can move out into the open on the level Karval is on and take a chance that you can put away a stormy or two by sacrificing both parties claims to cover.

There could be other options, but it is up to you to get creative. BTW the stairs are 5 feet wide and the overall stairwell is about fifteen feet in width.

Now, please ask me questions. I apologize that there is no map, I really wish this POS computer didn't have such an issue with every program I download. Also, if I ever do get a map program that works, I will need a website to upload it to. I personally have none.

So, once we are cool on positioning, and actions for this round, we can move on.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Shanosuke, I believe it is your action everyone having slipped behind Karval. I think i have an option for next round to help.

Karval crouches using the bannister as cover. 'That just might help. He thinks.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Your right, it is my action......I thought I had already posted.......whatever.

Heres there action.

At Karval's shots, both miss sadly, the troopers turn to face him firing off a volley and moving backwards up the stairs.

They have not yet reached cover so proceed with the actions I recommended


Zaelos glides from his spot behind the stairwell wall, not needing sight to 'see' the trooper. You will die now... he thinks as he sights in on the unfortunate soul.

Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 to hit, DAM 3d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval moves after his charge. 'I should use my knife, get close in then throw that troopers corpse back down the stairs as cover. No I must protect the others and take fire.'

From his safe place behind the balustrade he dives out, dropping his pistol. He grabs the rifle from his back as he hits the far wall of the stairwell landing, leaving enough room for the others to shoot past him. Karval takes position as point and unleashes a blaster shot.

Blaster Rifle 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) = 9


Galvet continues to sit at the back of the line, crouched and ready to fire at anyone that comes through the door at the base of the stairs.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos continues to lend support fire, as concerned about keeping their foe on the move as he is about hitting.

multifire 1 attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15
multifire 1 damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) = 6
multifire 2 attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (9) - 3 = 6
multifire 2 damage 3d8 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You manage to drop two of them before they can return fire. One manages to score a hit on Zaleos for 13 damage. They manage to move up behind cover. This time it is only a +4 cover. There are four left. You can force them up further and make a beline for the door at the top of this flight. This is the door you need to go through.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

multifire 1 attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
multifire 1 damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 8) = 15
multifire 2 attack 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
multifire 2 damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14

Nichos continues to fill the staircase with as much fire power as he can, forcing them ever upwards, hoping they don't find too many more at the door, but not so focused he can't get a side comment in. Calling down the stairs, he addresses Galvet. "This might go faster if we had more guns going up here. No point in protecting the rear that much at this point. We shall simply have to rely on the door to do that for us. If we are going to live, forward is the direction to be looking."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval presses his luck, moving further up the stairs virtually getting in the troopers face before unloading the weapon into his face. The trooper tries to avoid the shots.

"Retreat, scum. Fall back from 'the bloody blade of Nar Shadda'." Karval states in his rasping voice.

Move Action - Advance towards the Storm troopers getting close, but out of AoO range.
Standard Fire Rifle - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) = 5

EDIT: Wow that's some poor dice


Zaelos grits his teeth in pain as the blaster bolt scored his combat vest. AHHHH...gotta stay focused here on the mission...

He puts the pain out of his mind and returns fire.

Blaster 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8

Yer dice are touching my dice...he he...


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval laughs as his shots fly wide of the mark. Readying himself to accept a barrage of pain.


Galvet just continues to watch the rear, sliding up the steps slowly if the rest of the group moves.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I am sorry for making you all wait. My phone wont let me post anymore so I need to rely on a laptop with no battery. I have tons of school work and tons of retail work. I will continue to try and post when I can. Posting means going over notes. Setting up scenarios ect. I apologize for the inconvenience and making you wait. Things will be much better and more progressive once we get into January. I can hardly wait. I am sooo tired of all this end of the year stuff. Don't worry. I will keep this going as long as I can.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Don't worry about it. Life happens like that sometimes.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

+1, hope you get a bit more time to yourself & everything eases up. You are doing a great job as GM, I look forward to the game progressing, Thanks.


RL does have a way of interfering with PbPs, he he. Don't worry about it, we will still be here ready to go.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos and Zaleos cover Karval as he moves in to attack. However the heavy blaster fire and constant flashes throw of Karval's aim causing him to miss a point blank shot.

The troopers are startled by the charge that they begin scrambling back.
Never the less they take shots at Karval and two hits are landed dealing 21 damage.

The troopers are out of sight of Nichos and Zaleos. However, one of them pops up and looks over the railing. He spots Galvet trying to move up and catches him between the eyes with a shot.

Nichos and Zaleos, one trooper is visible to you.
Karval They are all visible to you.

Your turn guys.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage 3d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 2) = 15
+1 to attack, damage if within 10 meters


Zaelos watches emotionlessly the strange human die behind him. He wonders if he will be next.

"Karval, if you have any bright ideas, now is the time!" He shouts as he takes a shot at the visible stormtrooper.

Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, DAM 3d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval grits his teeth as the shot burn into him, as infuriated by the troopers poor discipline as their accurate fire. 'A hail of fire and then the sword.' Karval thinks, decisively but wrongly. Flicking the Rifle to Multi-fire and getting ready to discard it in favour of his beloved blade.

Blaster Rifle (Multifire 1) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) = 14
Blaster Rifle (Multifire 2) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 2) = 12
Blaster Rifle (Multifire 3) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval is the only one to drop a trooper. Karval has managed to clear a path to the door you need to be at to get to the control room.

The troopers have pushed back just enough for you to push past.

Do you wish to try and finish the troops off or push into the next room.

P.S. Troopers shot and missed.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos heads up the stairs, moving into the control room. "Let's get on with our mission, lads."


Zaelos nods in response, "Right, time is wasting."

Once the group reaches the door, he holds up his hand for the others to wait a moment. He then allows his senses to expand and flow onto the other side of the control door.

Use Force Sight to see who is on the other side of the door.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval moves swiftly at the head of the group to the door. Placing a suppressing fire against the remaining troopers to ensure they don't counter-attack. Crouched in cover at the corner of the balustrades, he lets the others get on with their specialties. 'I'll apologise once the mission is over, for my indecisiveness & inaccuracy. If we succeed that is; otherwise the consequence is penalty enough.'

He is taking cover, not really attacking - just trying to stop a counter offense.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The other side is clear.

You all push on through and shut the door behind you. Comp use will put a lock on the door, the higher the roll the harder it will be for troopers to follow. There is a hallway. Halfway down is a stair way to the right leading up. At the end is another door. There is a mouse droid rolling around on the floor.

What action do you take?

101 to 150 of 2,878 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.