Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,895 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay, here's what I need. There were a few good "hits" on the monster.

Zaleos is still conscious with the additional vitality I gave you all. As a result he needs to make a reflex save DC 10 or fall and tke 3d6 fall damage. If he makes his save he can fire at the beast again.

Karval, in the event Zaleos manages to stay in the tree, give me an alternate action, if he falls and is knocked unconscious, I will use your action from before where you race up and stabilize him.

Aside from that, everyone's good. Once I get those two adjustaments, we will move on.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval will charge at the creature, stopping just short or manoeuvring so that he doesn't block the line of sight to the others.

Pistol Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13


Reflex save DC 10 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 SUCCESS!
.
Blaster shot (single shot) 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22; damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) = 15

Zaelos was sure the blow would decapitate him, he was not sure how he was able to dodge it but somehow he did. He grips onto the swaying branch tightly and fires down at the beast, scoring another hit.

Status: 6/35 Vitality; 0 Wound damage.


Arana rolls to avoid the beast's muscled body as it flings itself up the tree at Zaleos. Coming to a crouch, she launches herself at the beast.

Attack 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 3 = 24
Damage 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 2 + 2 = 11


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay, Karval missed but Zaleos scored.

The Creature is now aware of the of you easier targets. I takes the effort to climb down, since Arana is the closest, she gets attacked.

Arana gets swiped, 22 vitality, as the creatures massive claw swings over her.

Arana then moves in response and attacks lands a nice gash on the monster's left arm.

Arana has had her turn, the rest of you are free to attack also. Anyone wishing to move in to melee will provoke from the monster.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos keeps firing, glad for his training that allowed him to fire into a melee without hindrance.

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 7) + 2 = 14


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor fires one more blast at the beast, now aiming for the head, before reversing his grip and moving in, holding the carbine like a club.

Carbine attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 4, 2) + 4 = 18


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval grits his teeth knowing that he would love to tangle with the creature in close, but first he wants to unleash a heavy salvo or bolts to soften it. A pistol in each hand, he unleashes a staccato of bolts at the being hoping that he can grievously wound it.

Pistol 1 - multi-fire 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 6) = 17
Pistol 1 - multi-fire : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 8, 1) = 17
Pistol 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 8) = 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zaleos still needs to take action, waitin on him.


Sorry about that.

Zaelos steadies his aim high up in the branches and takes a single shot at the Rancor Beast.

Attack Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15; damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Excellent!

Another volley at the monster and we have a couple of nice hits. The beast flinches attempting to bat away some of your bolts with it's claws but to no avail.

It then attack Arana...since she happens to be at its feet stabbing him. He bites her, She takes 25 damage. Arana has 3 wound points left and must make a fort save to remain conscious.

Arana is now grappled by the monster in its jaws.

The rest of you can unleash.


Seeing the beasts fanged mouth lunging at her , Arana desperately tries to dodge out of the way .But the thing is too fast for her, snaring her in its maw, sharp teeth tearing away at her body. Instinctively, Arana draws upon the force in her time off need (1 Force point spent)

Fortitude 1d20 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (5, 1) = 17


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Janitor, are you going to charge at it and hopefully take some of the chewing for Arana? Or shall I?

Karval stares wide eyed as the mysterious yound woman is grasped in the monsters jaws. A sense of guilt roils through his body as he prepares to act.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos grimly and quietly keeps up his steady fire.

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8, 5) + 2 = 17

Can we tell how wounded this beast is?


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

I got you, Karval!

"Hey, flesh heap!" Janitor says, charging in to strike the beast with his carbine.

Charging Gun Club: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval is glad that the Mandolorean comrade is proving he skill and honour, despite the fact Karval knows suppressing fire is important. Karval picks his shots firing in small bursts aimed at taking the creature down.

'That's the Mando spirit.' He fires trying not to hit his friends but that makes his shots go wide.

Pistol 1; Multi 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 1) = 12

Pistol 1; Multi 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) = 6

Pistol 1; Multi 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 7) = 15
There's probably a -4 to hit for firing into combat that should be applied?

Really dice? Grrrr


Zaelos feels the pain Arana experiences through the Force. Fighting back on his anger and fear, he steadies his blaster and fires...

Attack pistol 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5; damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 7) = 10


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The beast does not appear to be "wounded"It has yet to take wound damage but appears to be struggling to keep itself protect. It is low on Vitality.

With melee penalties in place on everyone, the only one who hit was Janitor.
The beast tosses Arana and she takes 5 fall damage. She is at -2 wounds and is dying. The monster attacks Janitor next and just misses with a hard snap of it's teeth.

Arana is fifteen feet from the beast dying. She needs to make a stabilize check. It is your turns.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos has precise shot. He doesn't take any melee penalties. Sorry, thought I had pointed that out before.

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 5) + 2 = 13


Arana began to weakly strike at the beast when it suddenly tossed its head and all she knew was the sensation of flying then a sudden jolt of pain when she landed on the ground. The sounds of combat continued, fading....fading...

Stablize Check Fortitude 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Mandolorean Soldier

There's a hard pounding in his ears and he knows that the lady is in trouble; his volley-fire is proving ineffective and it's caused him to doubt the veracity of his shot. Dropping his pistols he rushes towards Arana dropping the pistols as he cannot sheathe them.

Drawing the medical pack he attempts to stabilise the woman.

Treat Injury: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Zaelos switches his blaster to multi-fire mode and opens fire, trying to finish the beast off.

Attack Multi-fire Blaster #1 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (2, 3, 7) = 12
Attack Multi-fire Blaster #2 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 4) = 16
Wow...we can't hit the broad side of a Rancor.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor seems to be simply edged further on as Arana is tossed aside. "C'mon! Hit this!" he shouts, slamming at it once more with his rifle.

Gun Club: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Right Nichos, I forgot. So I applied your damage from last round. You guys are making progress. This would have been a lot easier with the tank though.

The Monster has taken a hit from Janitor this round and attempts to bite the guy again. This time he causes 28 vitality. Janitor is still on his feet in front of the beast.

The beast has had it's turn it is now all your turns.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 8, 8) + 2 = 23

Nichos continues to focus on the task at hand, hoping that the melee folks can hold on long enough to take this thing down. In an attempt to lighten the moment up a bit, he comments drily over the intercom, "What precisely made you think we needed this particular excitement, Zaleos? Was our mission not complicated enough?"


Zaelos sights at the beast again and fires. He tries to chuckle back at the Chiss' comment but it sounds more like a sob. "I am sorry Nichos, but its offspring was soooo...adorable!"

Blaster 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8; damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 7, 5) = 18
Subtract -4 to hit if it is still in melee.
Wow...AGAIN?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval glances back to his sword for a moment, then to the barely breathing lady at his feet. 'She's stable... do I try and take down the beast or see if the medi-pack can work on her.'

After a moment he realises he cannot bring her back to her feet in the seconds left before the more blood is spilt. He charges towards the beast drawing his undersized blade and strikes at it.

His blade strikes at the creature, as he stands side by side with his fellow Mandolorean. A smile upon his face as the dagger attempts to pierce the creatures defence.

Charge Attack (full PA): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 = 15
DB = 15


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Then perhaps we should keep the offspring, let it get to know us while he's still adorable, and let him grow into a fearsome predator liking us. Or let the locals do so; would make for quite an introduction, I would say, to walk into their camp with the youngun alive, and the parent in pieces."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Next hit will be dealing wound damage most likely. Come on Janitor, you can do it

The beast swipes at Karval as he charges in. Karval suffers 20 vitality as he pushes past.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

"That's the Mandalorean way!" Janitor says to Karval as the warrior strikes the beast in melee. With a furious swing, the trooper pummels the creature once more.

Gun Club: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Both Martian Level 20 invader

A swing and a miss by Janitor.

Seeing that Karval is the one who hit the beast, Karval is getting attacked. The creature bites and claws at Karval. Karval extends a good amount of effort to avoid physical damage but suffers 48 vitality.

It is now the parties turn. You guys are close to bringing this thing down. Arana is stable but no one has died. Let's see if you guys can finish it that way.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8, 6) + 2 = 18


Blaster 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 4 = 12; Damage 3d8 ⇒ (6, 5, 2) = 13


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Deciding to take a skillful swipe rather than a powerful one, he ducks under the claws slicing up at the creature. Thinking that his aim strikes true he puts his weight behind the attack.

Attack - No Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor simply swings again, hoping to draw the creature's attention toward himself.

Gun Club: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The monster is FINALLY showing signa of wear and tear. It is clearly concerned as is backs up a bit and considers it's next target.

It takes a swipe with it's claw at Karval going 20 vitalityI think that is a wound point.

It then attempts to bite Janitor and misses cleanly.

Your turns. A good round of attacks can finish it off.

EDIT: Oh after math is done, I have Karval sitting as low as 2 wound points left. I need a fort save to stay conscious buddy.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval is on 2 Wounds left! So DC 21 Fort save to remain standing.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Karval grits his teeth as the creature smashes into his side with a swipe, it throws him back as it rends his flesh. He falls to his knees unconscious.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
damage 3d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 2 = 12

Nichos grits his teeth as he tries to take the beast down before it can do anymore damage.


Zaelos grits his teeth seeing his bodyguard fall. He aims and fires...

Attack Blaster 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9; damage 3d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 7) = 18
Subtract -4 if still in melee.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor finally pulls back as the creature knocks Karval to his knees and the Mandalorean begins to lose consciousness. Risking exposing himself to attack, the trooper falls back to the warrior's side, letting off another blast.

Carbine shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8, 8) + 4 = 26


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Amazing! With one shot, Janitor manages to put the beast down. It is unconscious and dying.

Congratulations.

The beast crashes down with a thud on the ground. It is dying and you all have survived the encounter. Well done. Would have been easier with a tank but if you are good with survival checks can produce crude field rations for the next two days.


Zaelos climbs down from his perch, knees still a bit wobbly at the close call here. Shouldering his blaster, he reaches into his pack and draws a medpack. Seeing the janitor tending to Karval, he instead turns his attention to the fallen Dathomirian.

Treat Injury skill DC 15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Wounds healed 1d2 ⇒ 1
.
Heh...maybe Zaelos should take a vow of non violence here, he seems to do better with non violent acts, he he.
.
Shanoksuke, how do the bacta cans we got work again?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval has fast healing so he should be unbloodied in an hour and well again by morning.

Stirring after a few minutes his eyes will flutter open with a groan.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

16 portable bacta cans and instructions. Bacta cans, inject bacta solution to receive healing and stamina regen. One use, restore 1d8+2 Wounds and 2d8+4 Vitality, if treat injury is used, then a score of 20 will double the effect, a score of 40 will triple it. You will receive additional bacta cans as more are produced. Star Wars Potions 


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor attends to Karval, but he knows of his fellow Mandalorean's healing properties, same that the trooper himself has. The "treatment" mostly consists of Janitor sitting by the Mandalorean and removing his helmet. When Karval awakens, Janitor smiles down at him and offers a hand. "Well met in battle, warrior," he says, standing and helping Karval to his feet.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos is not able to do much, but he keeps an eye out while the others take care of business here. "You said something about a young one; we should secure it if we can."


Zaelos grimaces, "Yeah, that is why Mommy decided to come out and play. Still...he is an orphan..." After treating Arana, he rises to his feet and look for the young Rancor using his Force Sight to assist here.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You guys going administer a bacta injection to Arana? Get her conscious?


Oh sorry, I thought she was already conscious...

Zaelos decides testing these new bacta healing units on Arana would be the perfect opportunity to see how effective they really are.

Treat Injury 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Heal 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Wound and 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 Vitality.


Groaning in pain as she sits up, Arana gives Zaleos a strained smile as she rubs herself where the bacta had healed her skin.

"That creature really hit hard" she says.

Closing her eyes against the pain, Arana tries to centre herself and allow the Force to assist in her healing

Heal Self 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 => 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Vitality Healed

Feeling a little better, she rises to her feet with help from Zaleos' arm and looks around for her vibroblade.

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,895 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.