Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,697 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

Karval wears a loose-fitting silk shirt, dark blue that catches the light and turns a vivid azure. Tight britches of a dark material allow him movement and upon his thighs are stapped a long rapier blade and it's matching compatriot. Upon his back is a heavy pack with other items stowed away.

Feeling slightly useless with the astrogation he is glad for the droids expertise. During the jump, he keeps himself busy finding an intriguing fictional pulp-novel. His eyes light up reading about the heroic adventures contained within. Too soon they are landing.

Looking around the starport subtly, Karval exclaims softly to the others. "So do we go to the deserted place? Take out vehicle? Or ask around the locals, introduce ourselves and find out what's going on!"

Sorry for not posting sooner, stupid busy-ness.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos does a quick sweep with the ship's scanners to get a feel for the land and get a feel for just how badly damaged the temple complex is.

What is the terrain like around here, both within and around the complex?


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Janitor passes the ride in general quietness, alternately pacing, going over his equipment, sleeping, or playing cards with himself. Upon landing, he stands and moves to join the group.

"I'd say it depends on the exact way we want to accomplish this mission. Keep subtlety? Then maybe we don't want to pull out a hovertank right now. If we just want to get this done, then let's head out. But personally, a little more reconnaissance with the locals wouldn't be a terrible thing."


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Zaelos nods, "We should try to be as unobtrusive as possible, as least for the moment. Let us proceed on foot for now. I don't think we will need a tank to explore the Temple."


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

"Should I change back to civvie clothing?" Janitor asks, gesturing at his armor. "Might be a little unnerving or conspicuous, especially if we're trying to stay frosty."


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

"Hmmm. I think that it might be best to wear normal clothing, though with your powerful physique you'll never be mistaken for a scrawny desk-jockey." Karval muses; "Maybe if you keep it in the tank or in a case you can change if we get into a potentially dangerous locale."

Thinking further; "However the Malakai respect strength, armour could either be a sign of a warrior and strength; or of weakness and needing protection..."


Arana checks over her gear, ensuring all is securely fastened and tied down; weapons are at the ready. Waiting by the shuttle door, "Shall we gentlemen?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yay I can post normally again!

The area around the temple is made up one half rich forest, the other half barren grass land and the remains of a devestated Malaki village not far from the temple itself. Most of the terrain on the "East" Side of the temple is flat and easy for the tank to traverse.

You land in the the starport of the battlescarred temple. Once the ship is settled, you exit into the eerily quiet docking bay. Burn and scorns marks, bones and other remains of battle still litter the facility. This was the site of a brutal conflict. The temple is quiet and lifeless.

Computer scans show a gathering of lifeforms several Km Northeast of the temple. It would take four hours to get there by tank, 20 hours by foot.


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Janitor nods as Karval speaks. "I think I'll keep it on. If they don't like it, well..." Janitor hefts his pack and straps it on, his rifle on a sling, his pistols at his hips. "I think I'd do alright in a fight, especially if they don't like armor."

With that, the trooper puts on his helmet, completing his appearance. Turning on the mic, he asks, "Before we move out, do you have any comlinks? If so, what's your frequency?" Or doesn't stormtrooper armor come with a helmet comm in this edition?


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

With a smile to the Mandolorean's confidence, Karval nods. "Certainly, Ms Arana." he moves to take point as they exit.

Wincing that he forgot to ask for their numbers; 'Well I am used to working along still....' Karval then passes over his number.

"What is your number Ms. Arana?" he asks.


Arana nods and sheepishly provides everyone with her comm-link frequency, then performs a quick broadcast test to ensure everyone is sending and receiving properly. Hate to look so amateurish, just so used to working alone


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Janitor inputs the numbers, giving out his own. He also moves forward, walking just behind and beside Karval. "I notice you use a vibro-blade of some kind. Never seen one quite like that, though. You know how to use it, I presume?" Janitor's voice is changed by the helmet, deeper and with the vague electronic quality that speakers tend to give, but his tone seems light and conversational.


Watching Karval and Janitor leave the shuttle, Zaleos notices Arana's face darken for a moment as she looks at Janitor in his full armor; as if the sight of him brought up a painful memory. She notices Zaleos' regard, smiles as her face clears and follows the two down the gangway.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"We should check out the temple first while we're here and see if the anything remains intact in the archives or if the jedi might have been able to hide something before their demise." Nichos pulls out his datapad, pulls up a map of the temple complex, and starts to look for a good path to the archives.


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Zaelos finishes equipping himself, making sure his comm frequency matched the others in his team. He then turns to the droids, "CB-12, L7 stay here and monitor our transmissions. Also keep scanning for any life forms and inform us immediately if you detect any approaching our position."

Orders given, he exits the shuttle and notices Arana's concern. pulling her aside briefly he softly says to her with a note of sympathy, "Easy, Arana. Let the past lie for now. We have a job to do."

Zaelos nods at Nichos. "Good plan, Nichos. Lead the way." He draws his blaster preparing for any ambush threats.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Nichos moves forward, staying about 15 feet in front of the rest of the party, his rifle in his hands just in case.


With a grateful nod and another quick smile, Arana grabs her pack an proceeds down the gangway.

Looking around alertly, she marvels at how different this planet is from her home.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I need Force Sense checks from the forcy folks in the party.


Mine's untrained

Sense Force 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

A bit too distracted by the foliage


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Mine is also untrained.
.
Sense Force 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
hmmm...that is an eye-opener right there, he he.


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

Karval gently touches the hilt of the weapon, tracing the long curve of his muscular thigh. "Some, I know how to use it some." he says in his gruff voice, there is a hint of pride at what he believes is an understatement.

Karval smiles to the lady to try and put her at ease, though his grin probably won't help. Then like a hunting cat he drops to a crouch and stalks nearby trying to keep near Zaleos the protect the man.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

His hand never far away from his weapon.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You move through the devastated jedi archives. Of all the places in the temple, this was hit the hardest. Bones and bodies long since decayed litter the area. Many of the archive consoles have beem destroyed or rendered inoperable. The stench of death is strong in this place.

Knowledge Tactics DC 15:

You can tell this was the final stand of the temple battle. The ruined barricades and countless bodies suggests the jedi held this spot for a good long while. Strange thing is, this is a corner. A dead end to put it better. It looks as though the jedi pulled all their defensive forces here even though it was a no retreat set up. They were determined to hold it or die for some reason.


knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Knowledge Tactics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Just missed it!

Janitor nods to his fellow Mandalorean as Karval moves a little ways off from the group. Unlike the other warrior, the former dark trooper continues to walk tall and straight in the center of the path, his carbine in hand.


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

As the group studies the archives looking for clues or whatever they can find, they all hear a hiss, followed by a bright blue light emanating from an object Zaelos is holding.

A light-saber!

He stares at it for a moment, wondering which of the brave Jedi knights had wielded it just before the destruction of this Temple. Was I meant to find this lightsaber and wield it as Emrpress Mirianna does her own blade? I must consult with her about this, once we have finished our business here.

He deactivates the blade and stows it on his belt before rejoining the others. "Truly I thought I would never find such an artifact in my lifetime!"


Arana's eyes widen in amazement at the weapon Zaleos found, envy trying to gain a grip on her thoughts. With a shake of her head she finds a smile for Zaleos "Well found, your force sense has served you well today!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Force sense? LOL! He used the old school method of finding things, a great perception check. Hehe they blind guy found something. Just an FYI none of the forcy players found what their check was suppose to reveal. So sad.


Alrighty then :), smacks forehead for forgetting the obvious

Seeing the results of Zaleos' careful search of the ruins, Arana follows suit, trying not to miss anything hidden by time and circumstance.

Search ( take 20 ) 20+3 = 23


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos will take his time to fully examine the archives once he is certain of the lack of danger. "Let's go over this place with a fine tooth comb, twice. You force people, just double check to make sure that there isn't some residue force auras around. They fought and they fought hard; there has to be a reason for it."

Perception taking 20 for a 29
Knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Treat Injury 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31+4 if he can use his datapad
Knowledge (bureaucracy) to better understand their filing system, where they might have stored different pieces of information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Knowledge (alien lore) to help find anything of of value regarding the local culture1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Nichos plans on taking enough time that the force users should be able to get another force sense check. He's literally conducting a full search from floor to ceiling of the entire space, bodies, and bones. He will also be plugging into any and all computer consoles if he can get to work and see what he can salvage from them (if he can find one that is only partially destroyed, he will point it out to Arana to see if she can fix it). Anyone with Treat Injury should at least try to see what they can learn from the bodies; they might get lucky and roll high. Also, anything that looks like lightsabers, force training devices, training manuels or other related stuff, we should keep and give to the empress; she might be able to make use of them. Also, any knowledge checks anyone might have that could be of use should be considered.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Can any beat DC 35 Perception taking 20?


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

I can hit 29 by myself; with 3 aid anothers, I can reach 35.


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Perception AA 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 barely, he he.
Force Sense check, use Force point: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (6) = 19

Zaelos also assists with the search of the archives. He also uses his own Force senses to see if maybe there is something the group overlooked. He tried to call on the Force more than he has ever done before.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

To gain the benefits of this room can be found with two days of scouring. That would be the results of taking 20 with assists. You would find all the room has to offer.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos would be fine with that. Anything they can find that would aid the empress would be worth the delay. The team isn't on that tight of a schedule as far as I know.


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Janitor's happy to help Nichos look around, but only a little (taking 10). Mainly, he's going to keep watch with his carbine out for any intruders. Setting up in an area with a good view and some cover; Knowledge (tactics) to pick the best spot in the area, I suppose.

Knowledge (tactics): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Arena us fascinated by the ruins and the possibility of finding more relics... she will devote whatever time is necessary.


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods, slightly reluctantly. "A couple of days is enough for those life-forms to the North to come down and ambush us!" Karval says grimly. "However we need to gather information."

He walks around trying to identify the cause of death for some of the corpses, although long since deceased he hopes to find if any of them suffered trauma or burnt off by cauterising swords (like light-sabres). He tries to assist Nichos' search as best he can.

Treat Injury: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Perception Assist: 1d20 ⇒ 12


Spurred on by Zaleos' discovery , Arena throws herself into assisting Nichos. She does not realize that her intent is so focussed that she draws more heavily on the force than she would normally.

Perception assist (force point used) 1d20 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (3, 5) = 13


Both Martian Level 20 invader

You spend two days scouring the temple archives. Every file, every nook and cranny for anything of value. You find several remains of lightsabers, blasters etc. Most of it immediately unusable but could be used as crafting components or sold as salvage at a later date.

The real find comes when finally find the compartment containing a control console. It was really well concealed. Nichoes has the computer use skill to hack the console. It is a trick to bypass the console as it is heavily encoded.

Once it is hacked a small spot on the wall opens revealing a hidden cache. In this cache there is a good amount of data storage devices containing secrets of Malakai, it's people, and the dark secrets it contains. Going over the information reveals the most important details.

First, it identifies Makabe s Uga and a student of this temple. It also reveals his treachery. He left the temple after he got carried away in a sparring match and killed a fellow student. Uga was documented as an overly violent and uncontrollable warrior. He left the temple and then joined the empire. He sold out the temple as was part of its destruction. Afterwards he would infiltrate other tribes as a "survivor" of destroyed clan. Because of his extraordinary force talent and fighting ability, he would quickly gain the trust of the chieften. Chiefs are the the strongest warriors in the tribes and are capable of felling the strongest beast on the planet. Uga would kill the chiefs and their bodyguards and move on to the next tribe. Without a strong leader, the tribes fall to the trandoshans and imperial slavers. Uga would move quick. In one standard month, Uga handed 13 tribes over to the empire.
Uga was last reported being trained by a Dark Lord named Darth Night.

There is also information on Taggard. He is the highest ranking student left from this temple. He escaped the destruction to lead the Malakai resistance. There is a secure location mentioned in the information that is the base of the resistance and the most likely lead to finding their leader. It is 3 days travel from your current location to the planets northeast. The area would be difficult for ANY vehicle to get to. After you get to this mountain range it is a several hour mountain climb to get to.

One final bit of valuable information you find is what actually happened when the temple was attacked. Including security footage. You see the assault of the strange creatures the reports speak of. According to records and footage, these creatures are unidentifiable. Never before have these creatures been seen. Their armor and weapons block lightsabers. The creatures themselves are immune to force effects. In addition to all this, they are highly athletic combatants, able to out maneuver the jedi. Only about 30 of these creatures are able to subdue the jedi temple losing only a sixth of their number. The final message presumes that only a jedi could find this cache. It has a holo of jedi master Muhad speaks to you as though you are a well trained jedi. "If you are reading this then the evil dark lord Palpetine has either been defeated or is currently being resisted. This is important. Some mad scientist named Cortel has built a super soldier he plans to use this genetic freak to conquer the galaxy. This includes overthrowing the emperor himself if he is still alive. This mad man has a lab somewhere in this area of space. Someone in the Chiss aristocracy may know something. This man needs to be stopped for if he gets this army in full swing, it will be unstoppable. My the force be with you in this endevour." The image vanishes.

One last thing remains in the cache. A jedi Holocron. It emits a very distinct aura that the two force sensitive members can BARELY feel it's aura. It would be strong to light siders.

There are your rewards. Enjoy.


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Zaelos is careful to gather the remains of the light saber components and stores them away in his pack. He knew the art of crafting a light saber was a lost art...perhaps forever.

When the group uncovers the holocron, he simply stares at it unbelieving at the good fortune of such a valuable find. Thoughts run through his mind. Thoughts of the knowledge, the history of the Jedi...the secrets of learning how to use the Force...the Power to be unlocked.

As Zaelos slowly picks up the near-priceless artifact, a thought of Yallie sprung into his mind. He had not thought of the beautiful Zeltran in a very long time, and he was surprised at the feelings of passion welling in his mind. I figured these dark-side thoughts is the easiest way to explain why he could not sense the Holocron earlier, he he.

He turns to Arana, "This...this is a priceless find! Far more valuable than the light-saber I discovered!"


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Janitor turns as the hologram of Muhad is triggered, and listens as it speaks, keeping his hand near the trigger of his carbine. After the message plays, he looks to Zaleos as the man lifts the object and exclaims its value. "A holocron," Janitor says bluntly, apparently unimpressed. "We were sent to get some of those, back during the war. I never knew just what makes them so important, but if you say so..." The trooper trails off and returns his attention to the surrounding area, watching for threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Well, at least it's confirmation that we're in the right neck of woods regarding Cortel, though it's still not precisely an exact destination. How shall we proceed from here? The mountains or the trandoshan? Doing both is going to require a great deal of delicacy, to put it mildly. And do we want to risk even further headaches by approaching the aristocracy to find out what they know? Can we afford not to?"


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

Karval looks stoically at the treasures they have found, he knows from bitter experience that things that have been discovered can soon be taken. He grows ever more alert...the message shocks him.

Stroking his chin in thought he contemplates the next move. 'Too much haste can kill as easily as hesitation.'


Male 9/82. Vitality Mandolorean Soldier

"So Makabe S Uga, is a dark Jedi? Could this Darth Night have learnt from the same Master as Darth Taintus. Or even be the same person?" Karval ponders.

"True Nichos, and we have seen Cortels' super soldiers in action." he virtually spits. "I prefer the support of the native Malakai, I am sure we can prove our worth and strength to them. We share a vaguely similar cause. The Trandoshians will require more convoluted planning. And whilst we make our way to the mountains we (you) can Comm with the Chiss nobility." Karval suggests.


Male Mirikulian Noble 5

Zaelos stows the holocron away with his other gear. "I believe Karval's idea is the best one. Making contact with the Malaki tribe and attempting to make contact with Taggard is the next logical step." He adds. "However, Taggard was trained in the Jedi ways. His goals may run counter to ours. We will need to convince him these super-soldiers are still on the loose."


Her eye wide with wonder as Zaleos puts away the holocron, Arana says "These super soldiers are a threat to us all, the Jedi may listen the idea of an temporary alliance."


Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

"Aye," Janitor says, turning to the group. "So, to the Malakai, then?" The trooper's voice is still affected by his helmet, but a hint of wanting to do something creeps in. All this waiting around... Hate it.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I see an error I made. It is not "Makabe S Uga" the proper statement is. "It identifies Makabe AS Uga" Uga is his real name, Makabe is a cover name.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Hey, where'd everybody go?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Mandalorean Soldier 4 | Vitality 50/50, Wounds 16/16 | AC 18, DR 5 | Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2

Wondering the same thing here, Shanosuke.

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,697 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.