Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


701 to 750 of 2,840 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos and Kaval seem to trust him, its fine. That'll be enough.

The man smiles as you follow. "Good. Let's go."

You all load into his speeder. He travels but as he does ao he begins to talk. "We are secure enough here to talk. Now I am going to be blunt. The Ammerillans despise the Moff but we don't want the alliance either. The rebels won't make things any better. You said before you want a candidate for governance over Chandrila. Well we have plenty of capable people in our family. Myself included. Here's how we can help each other. Rebel forces are enroute and as long as their presence exists in those stupid labs, the Moff won't prepare for the upcoming attack. Also, the blockade consists of a third of our total military power and it's sitting right out in the open with no bombardment protection of any kind. Because of the possibility of valuable information and other resources, the Moff is unwilling to withdraw it's forces or simply destroy the facility. So the rebels will gain a foothold with ease. However, we cannot withdraw our support and battle that would result would also cripple our defenses. Either way we will fall under the rule of the alliance. Now if you have a way to recover the information we can destroy those blasted labs. You give us a copy and we will use it against the Moff and we will use our influence to take over. Here is what you get. We can influence the blockade to let you in and out and then lead the attack to destroy the rebels and the rest of the labs. Then from there you can be on your way and we can influence the the rule of Chandrila over to us. However, I am still concerned that even with full defensive preparations up at max, it may not be enough to repel an invasion. If you work for some one powerful, please ask them if they can temporarily lend us aid. Is that a possibility?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval looks grimly, after a quick subtle visual check around the speeder. "I am not sure, our employer does have some serious commitments elsewhere. But we will see what we can do." he says his voice full of concern.

"So we need to ensure that the Moff is so humiliated that he is deposed. Whilst making sure that the 'Alliance' do not take the planet....unless, they take the planet. But thanks to the noble houses that are known to have been critical, (although sensibly so), the Alliance is shown to be incompetent as the Moff. Thus said houses take over." Karval ponders.

"We need the information, but the rebels will not let us give it to the Moff if it meant that he would remove his forces." Karval states the obvious


"Hmmm...I may be able to help with the Rebel issue here. I have a friend in the Rebellion. Assuming we can accomplish our mission here and retrieve the plans, then I can inform him the reason for the invasion has been handled. This should be sufficient to persuade the Rebels to spend their precious resources on something more fruitful."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval raises an eyebrow; "So, how would we depose the Moff; allowing the Ammerillians to take over?"

Karval turns to the representative; "Could you do it politically? If we talk to the rebels and give them; an amnesty and the information on the tech and tell them the demise of the Moff - provided they leave the planet."

"Could you spin that to your advantage? Depose the Moff as incompetent, that YOUR family brokered the deal to save the planet. Everyone wins....except the vain Moff"


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos ponders for a moment how to handle the latest jump in challenges. While this family does seem a better fit than the current Moff for the Empress to work with, he isn't immediately sure how to make it happen.

"First off, simply killing the rebels is not going to really resolve anything. They are like roaches; they reproduce too quickly. Destroying the lab is the same thing; it sounds good, but in the long run, does little to aid our cause. We could inform our employer of the need for military backup, and I suspect that she would spare what she could if she believed there was good reason to, but the solution must ultimately be a political one. Military might is too easy to obtain, and in this environment, a fleeting strength that will get little attention or respect. Political might, on the other hand, is a much harder thing to achieve, especially in this environment, and will garner considerably attention and respect.

My suggestion is this. We basically follow your idea with a few minor changes. One, we do not automatically destroy the lab and it's contents; it may be useful again in the future, and rebuilding it would be rather difficult in these times. We can take some material to use that as our last option, but it should not be the first option. Second, we figure out some way to parlay any aid from our employer into a political victory rather than relying on a strictly military one. For all of their flaws, the rebels are far better politicians than they are military gurus, and we must hit them in their strong area. History has shown that military defeats only serve to make them more determined.

I can handle the lab information with Meona's help. Zaleos here can hopefully find his tongue and his wit and figure out a way to neutralize the rebels already here and discourage the appearance of the larger fleet. If you can handle the Moff, and our employer can spare enough ships to put sufficient pressure on the rebel fleet to discourage them from appearing ever, we can pull this off. Otherwise, we may need to consider a more black market style approach to power here until the rebellion runs out of gas, which it will given enough time."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Good points Nichos, Zaleos can discourage the rebels by us offering them information we gleam from the lab. Telling them that the Ammerillians will be taken over from the evil Moff." Karval analyses.

"The Ammerillians with their repuation for fairness and being critical of the Old Empire when it needed it. The rebels can hopefully be persuaded that limited resources can be better spent elsewhere, especially if our leader may place her ships against them. Even though hers are stretched." he offers.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"The fact that they are stretched may simply improve the chances of her willing to use them to gain a healthy ally. Individually, her forces and the forces here may not be overly strong, but together, they could be rather formidable. It is how the rebellion took down the emperor, and it is only fair that we purloin the useful lessons from their success and throw it back at them. I may detest their goals, but their tactics are certainly worth observing and learning from."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Very true. That's what we need from you and the Ammerillian family, just to be able to use your name with the Moff. Then that will enable us to talk to the rebels and make this deal." Karval looks on with a slight incline of his head. "This is a minor thing as it'll enable you families planetary governance."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Interesting. I need some time to cook a response and a possible outcome for this.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The representative is quiet a moment. "The leader of the rebellion is Mon Mothma of Chandrila's house Mothma. The rebels seek to claim Chandrila for more than just the labratory. If the rebels take Chandrila, then the Mothmas will take over governance. What makes you think the leader of of the rebellion will simply allow us to rule when we are feuding with the Mothmas?"

I know it isn't much but it took me awhile to gather info and come up with a response. I think I am ready to continue.


Zaelos gives a start of surprise when he hears of the infamous Mon Mothma. Her reputation as a competent leader was well known among all of the Imperial factions. "Hmmm, I had not realized she was of the house of Chandrilla. This does put the situation in a new light." He turns to face the representative. "For all of her misguided intentions, Mon Mothma is known to be an honorable leader. Should a compromise be reached between us and the Rebels, she would uphold such an agreement I believe. Do you not share that assessment?"


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Then perhaps a more covert and indirect victory may be required for the time being. Let the rebels think they have won the planet, and possibly even the feud, but before they take over, set up a covert system that will allow us to maintain a degree of knowledge and power that can be used indirectly elsewhere and that would allow your own family to retain much of their current power as well. The Mothmas may be not be willing to let you rule alone, but given the right impetus, they might prefer a joint rule over the risk of civil war, especially if you keep your ties to opposing factions reasonably quiet. Perhaps if you prove to be cooperative in trying to maintain the peace here, the Mothmas may find it easier to let you handle many of the day to day planetary affairs while they tend to larger galactic affairs.

It would be a painful battle to lose, but sometimes one must lose a battle to win the war, and if one can set up for the loss ahead of time, it need not be nearly as painful in reality as it may seem publicly. Perhaps we could even arrange some kind of transfer of the Moff's supplies to other friendly forces in the short time we have remaining to help blunt the blow publically or possibly hide them away for future use. What I am suggesting may not be the preferred solution, but it may be the best use of our resources, saving them for another day and possibly making the rebels let down their guard enough to give us a small opening we can use to secure our long term goals."

Basically, Nichos is suggesting something akin the the spy network Washington setup before the loss of Philadelphia after the painful lessons learned from New York City, with this family as the spymasters for the Empress. It may not be the glorious victory either they or the empress would prefer, but better to create a situation like Philadelphia, where Washington at least retained some intelligence than to risk a New York City, which was a complete and utter rout. Yes, I'm a Revolutionary War buff in real life, but the comparisons are quite sound really. We're in a situation that we can't win by direct force, and being the home planet of the rebel leader, the rebellion is going to be much more willing to invest resources to hold it than anyone else. Better to establish a solid spy network and let them think they have won and save our own resources for another fight.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods in complete agreement, although he wishes he could add more it could be unnecessary clutter and words. And Karval is not one for mincing his words or shows of loquaciousness.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The representative listens to Nichos plan. "I don't like it. A victory here against an alliance invasion would be huge. But if the information we have heard is true, there are more dangerous foes out there now. Worse than the Moff from what I hear." He sighs. "I personally hate the Mothma's. Our family head hates them more. It would be most frustrating to let the rebels have forces and supplies meant for the empire. They will demand those you know. It will also take time and effort to convince the forces to stand down. Many of the imperial supporters will object. I hope you can convince the rebels to hold off.....wait!" The car stops with a lurch. He then turns to you. "You aren't with the alliance are you? Secret agents sent to secure the planet through deception. I heard you rebel types are like that." He waits for you response, he is clearly agitated as he is sweating bullets.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Hardly. I tried working with them once. Lasted all of a week before the weaknesses of their 'democracy' and precious senate made themselves abundantly clear. Still, I am not sure that this is really the best place to make a stand. The rebellion has far more interest in this planet than everyone else combined and so will be willing to do whatever it takes to secure it. While a victory here would certainly be nice, it would be costly both to achieve and maintain, because I can guarantee that the Mothmas would not let it stand unchallenged. As for the supplies, they can only demand what is still here; and what can still be found. Anything else, they can ask for all they want; if they can't physically find it, it does them little good." Nichos sighs quietly, not really in the mood to explain why personal feelings tend to get in the way of long term success. "In the end, it comes down to whether this single planet is worth risking that many resources on. If there is some reason to try to hold onto the planet that would warrant the amount of resources needed to counter the Mothmas, it would be a different story, and make it worth considering, but moral victories by themselves do little for the greater cause, and a loss here will only incense the foolish rebellion, making it even harder for us to win victories elsewhere. Better to save our resources and let the rebels get complacent while sustaining the ability to strike and gather intel; the short term may not be overly pleasant, but in the long term, it's the more stable plan."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"And by proving a credible political opposition, then you can gain support from the populace especially after the Moff's depredations. Also if you make it fairly bloodless and you promote it then you gain greater ground." Karval adds.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"As much as the Mothmas dislike you, they can ill afford to completely remove you just as much as you can ill afford to completely remove them. Having civil war on their own doorstep would not be a good way to encourage others to support them elsewhere, and you are in a strong position to force a high price for your cooperation, right now at least. If you force a battle and lose, you will find your hand considerably weaker. It may not be the complete victory you desire, but it is still a victory all the same." Nichos continues to speak in similar arguments as he looks over at Zaleos thinking to himself, Okay, Silverblood, I can lead the horse to water, but I can't make him drink on my own. Time to prove your upbringing was not all a great waste.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Lucky reroll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


OK...you asked for it...

Zaelos picks up on Nichos unspoken hint and smoothly adds, "Nichos is correct of course. To act rashly at this point in time could unravel all we have accomplished at this time." He sighs softly, trying to empathize with the other man's frustration with the events unfolding. "I do understand your feelings here, I have had to deal with such setbacks many times before. Sometimes you must do what the situation demands currently, then wait to act when the time is right." He sits back waiting to see how the other man handles the unwelcome news.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

AND...you GOT it!!


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Much better. I knew you had it in you.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

He seems to calm a little. "You are asking a lot and I still do not know who you support. I cannot throw my allegiance to an unknown source. Our family will need to know your political views and what strength there is beyond the four of you. Otherwise we will not cooperate. You ask to much with little to offer." He waits for your response. He still seems a bit on edge.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Fair enough. I believe that I have seen enough to be comfortable showing more of our hand. We are here trying to track down information for Empress Palpetine. As stated earlier, she is aware of the situation here on the planet for the most part, but I doubt that she would be willing to confront the Mothmas directly on their own doorstep until she has resolved the other difficulties facing her. Still, she does have a fair number of resources, as well as numerous opportunities, that would allow you to put the men and supplies you have gathered to good use, provided we start to act now to fully secure them before the rebellion can get their hands on them. She would also find the potential of a strong ally that can hold the Mothmas at bay extremely useful, and again I cannot make direct promises, would most likely be very willing settle on some kind of arrangement that would allow you to receive aid from her in return for keeping her up to date on the situation here.

While we cannot personally arrange such a thing, we can put you in contact with the right people, and you could arrange and share the necessary details with them. You can even change precisely how to respond based on the full details of the local situation that our small group does not, and cannot realistically, know. Still, I believe that the overall approach I have suggested is the soundest one; neither you nor the Empress have the resources to risk an all out battle here at the present time. Better to saddle the rebellion with the ongoing costs of running and defending the planet from every single wannebe warlord and avoid yet another active war front on our part while we build up our own resources. It also deprives the rebellion of an exterior conflict, giving them more time to argue amongst themselves, weakening them even further."


Zaelos nods in approval, "Well said Nichos." He turns to the representative "As you can see, we are playing for high stakes here. I would advise you to consider that in your response."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"I'm sure this gentleman is used to playing with high stakes. It's simply a matter of giving him sufficient ante to give him reason to play."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

He turns and considers. "The Empress. I had no idea you were in league with such a powerful employer. I heard see is far more objective and considerate than her father and that the brilliant military strategist Rick Tavoes is in her employ also. Since you are here on a mission from the lady, I will trust your judgment. Once you get the information the Ammerillans will work with their contacts to secure a large portion of the navy and army to support the queen's current endeavor. If we get those resources off world, you will be able to make better use of them. I am also willing to "aid" the alliance in deposing of Moff Saerdon. We will let them do the dirty work of dealing with the Moff's loyalists. Then the alliance will hopefully trust the Ammerillans enough to allows us to keep our own resources. In that time we will create more ties and allies so we can be ready for the empress when she returns. All we need to know is where to send the forces we don't want the rebels to have. Does that sound like a good plan?"


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Sounds like a good plan to me. Let our enemies fight each other while we sit back and grow our own strength."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Been a tough week and have had trouble getting motivated to run my games. Not a good trait for a GM to have. I take the silence as you all agree to this plan.

The Representative drives you all back to your vehicle. "Okay, I will set it up. You will need to give me a secure comm channel from which to contact you by. Once things are all set up we will let you know which segment of the blockade you can pass through. Get set cause once your on the inside your own your own. Contact us when you are ready to return and we will have the guard allow you through."

Once you reach the restaurant and give the representative the channel. "We will get in touch when ready." With that he drives off.

You all return to the safehouse to prepare. As you are setting up you hear a beep on the comm. "We are ready to move. When you are set head to the south blockade point B. You will meet me there."


Zaelos nods to the other team members as he finishes putting on his combat vest and readying his weapons for the mission. "This is it, guys. We do this and we strike a decisive blow for the Empress." The words, softly spoken, seem full of confidence but the other team members can sense the words are as for himself as they are for them.

He turns to the leader Romm, handing him a datapad containing the latest mission reports. "If we are lost or compromised here, this MUST reach the Empress. I have instructed L7 to expect its arrival, one way or another."

Just before he enters the vehicle, he faces Yallie his face carefully neutral. "May the Force be with you...and with us all."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval had been standing guard, quiet and pensive as was his demeanour. However, he added what he felt he could and watched in awe at Nichos' clever turn of phrase and plots - alongside Zaleos brilliant reassurances. "We weren't meant to use her name that much or expose Our Lady so....but it was definitely worth it."

Karval gears up, with stretches and checking his weapons needlessly. The pistol and sword slipping out their respective holsters and sheathes easily. Nodding at Zaleos confident demeanour; he gently claps the blind man upon the back. "Well done." the words seem to have power and be effusive for the gruff Mandolorean.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay moving on.
You all board up and make your way to the site changing shuttles twice. You arrive at the valley where the laboratory is. From the airborn shuttle you can see the imperial forces array around the laboratory. There are a lot of them, more than you thought possible for one single planet. Nothing is getting through that blockade. Except you. You land at a spaceport nearby. The soldiers let you through security thanks to the influence of the Ammerillans. You board a speeder piloted by a man paid off by the family.

You travel to the forward command post where you meet the sections commander. He is clearly in touch with the family. He allows you to take the speeder but not the driver. You begin to approach the laboratory, you see the barracades made by the rebel forces.

Zaleos was able to call ahead and they should be ready for you. So far no shots fired at your approach. As you pull up to the main doors of the facility, several rebel soldiers move out and surround you. There are about sixteen and they are armed to the teeth. As soon as you are surrounded by the rebels an obvious leader steps out to meet you. "Are you the allied agents we were told to expect?"


Zaelos holds his hands out away from his weapons and motions for his team to do the same. "Yes we are. I am Zaelos. With all due respect, can we get this over with? Those Imperials are making me nervous."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Once past the imperial line, Nichos is out of his element and he knows it. He may be willing to copy their methods, but dealing with the rebels directly tends to annoy him more than anything. They had the tools to dominate, but refused to use them because they couldn't agree on anything of actual importance. He hadn't been lying when he said it had taken all of a week for him to get over the illusion that the rebellion would ever amount to much. The old republic had survived only because of the sheer complacency of the universe toward it; the new rebellion would have no such benefit, and it would ultimately cause them to fail. Still, he was way to smart to share any of this in such a meeting as this, so he simply keeps his mouth shut and waits for the noble to handle this, hopefully without putting his foot in his mouth this time, because these were his contacts, and no one was going be to be able to bail him out this time.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval walks beside the others radiating an air of competance, whilst keeping a non-agressive stance. The checkpoint and subsequent walking into no mans-land made the hairs upon the back of his neck stand up. Which didn't quite abate when they passed through.

The sense of tension was palpable, all the weapons pointed at them. Karval just looked stonily at them - in the gladiatorial arena's of Nar Shaddaa he had faced equally insurmountable odds; but he was alive. "Let us get inside. Our words are important!"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The leader raises his muzzle. "Yes, but you cannot enter while armed. Sorry but we don't know you but if you earn the approval from our commander, you will have your weapons returned. This is not an option." He gestures and several men move forward to take your arms. Diplomacy won't work here. You can, however, attempt to conceal weapons if you have the ability and desire to do so.

After you relinquish your weapons the leader approaches. "Come this way." He leads you into the laboratory and you all make your way through what appears to be more of a military base than a science facility. All the computer rooms and labs are converted into medical facilities and tactical centers. There are more rebel soldiers in here than you thought possible. You've seen more than a hundred in just a few minutes of moving through the base.

You finally make your way to the command center of the laboratory where the headmaster's office would normally be. Inside you see a holotable with several men hovering over it. As you enter the man leading you snaps off a perfect solute.

Knowledge Tactics DC 15 or Perception 20:

You notice that the rebels are FAR more organized and well trained then imperial reports or training schools EVER taught. Only Commander Tavoes even came close understanding just how organized they actually are.

The man standing at the table nods at you. "Welcome I am General Rikkard. I am in charge of this facility. My contact says you that we can help each other out. Care to elaborate?" He stands there waiting for your reason for coming here.


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Zaelos nods in greeting to General Rikkard while composing his thoughts for a moment. Seeing the Rebel forces had thrown him off balance a little.

What was that old saying about military intelligence being an oxymoron? I can only trust in the Force at this point...

"Greetings, General. I am Zaelos Buerlon, and these are the members of my team." He introduces the other members of the group. To be blunt, we wish to exchange information. We can provide you with accurate intel concerning the Imperial forces which have blockaded this lab, PLUS we would be willing to exchange information we have discovered about the Cortel family research projects as well. Information we believe the Rebellion would be very interested in."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Rikkard raises an eyebrow. "Oh? The Cortel family has valuable war info? That is rather unexpected. We are aware that the family is dead and their son who used to work in this facility varnished without a trace. We have gathered much research material from ALL the lead scientists in here though none, not even Cortel really stood out more than the information concerning our new nemesis, Darth Taintus. What impact did the Cortel's have that makes knowledge of it worth having? Give us that tidbit first and then maybe you could tell us what your looking for and who you work for. All I have been told of you is that we share a common cause but you don't strike me as an actual member of the alliance." He awaits your response.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval smiles, the smile is not a happy one but with sinister undertones as he one-by-one removes his many weapons and lets them be confiscated by the rebels. However he enters the facility with confident stride, knowing he has the ability to get out of here alive or if not it'd be a fitting death fight.

Taking note of their path through the facility in case flight is needed, or for ambush sites. They arrive in the command centre and Karval slides to an attention stance.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Karval stays at Zaleos left side, keeping the Miralukan's primary arm free. He starts his words the crisp and clear tones of one used to announcing to crowds or military hierarchy despite their growling pitch. "Alliance?" his tone has a slight derogatory tone. "Anyway, you cannot have got far if you didn't see what Adam Cortel was working on. His weapon systems could be amazing, advancing both our causes. Or if used against us Darth Taintus could cripple our plans."

"Taintus could be the biggest threat to all our attempts to bring order, stability and compassion back to the galaxy."

Diplomacy (Aid Another - probably to Nichos): 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos suppress a sigh as he once more is forced to speak. "We are not part of the alliance, though we are not automatically opposed to the alliance either in this time of difficulties. What the situation will be tomorrow, who can say in this ever shifting time, but I don't see a time in the near future where our employer and the alliance would find it necessary to come to blows, and given enough time, perhaps even a truce of sorts would be possible, allowing both you and our employer to live and let live. Darth Taintus is the threat, and Adam Cortel was working on a discovery that would allow both of us to breath easier not only in dealing with him, but in protecting our own assets from similar attacks. While his notes here may not be of much merit, they might mean a great deal when looking at the bigger picture of trying to reconstruct his thought process, thus allowing us to track him down, or at least recover his key discovery. In any event, simply looking for this new weapon and the perceived cooperation of multiple groups might be enough to force Darth Taintus' hand, and give both you and our employer an opening to hurt him. On top of that, I happen to have access to most of the codes used to disguise any real important information in the documents you have gathered. While you may well have them as well, I am familiar enough with them that I can boost the decoding process significantly, to the benefit of all involved." Nichos scans the rooms as he speaks, stretching a few details a bit, but not saying anything that wasn't technically possible, nor does he really hold that much back save the name of the group's employer. After all, neither the alliance and the empress could afford a major war with each other right now, even if Darth Taintus was not out there, and his presence would make such a fight suicide for both sides. Some kind of semi-permanent truce seemed inevitable if the empress was going to succeed in dealing with her other problems, and the best way to deal with the alliance was to leave them to themselves and their petty squabbles anyway. They could self destruct themselves far more efficiently than any outsider could ever hope to manage.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Well said Nicho, without a doubt you are the voice of reason in this group.....sorry Zaleos :(

The man straightens up as he considers or words. "There are truly only three powers currently in the galaxy. The scattered factions of the empire, the new and growing Republic, and the ever persistent menace of the crime lords. These powers may be divided but any group among them is a force to be reckoned with. Our top goal is and always will be, restoration of the republic and the deposition of any and all imperial remnants. As long as your employer isn't among those, it is not likely we will come to blows as you say."

He moves over to a console. "So you seem to believe the Cortel's know something about Taintus. And you say you can give us intel on the blockade. What are you looking for in return for this information?"

Nichos:

It is clear he does not trust you. Plus, with all the people you have seen at computers and arguing over decoding procedures and a few other hints. Also from the general's own words and the way he talks, it is abundantly clear that he has next to no real valuable information. You best guess would be that everything he has IS solidly encoded and they do not have the equipment necessary to hack it, or, like Cortel's existence, it could have been destroyed. In either case, the General is not being straight with you about the information he has or doesn't have. To be blunt, he likely has next to no knowledge on what data he may actually have or it's value.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Not just give you information upon the blockade, but we can arrange to clear some of the ships away. Allowing you to invade and reduce the loss of life on both sides." this last seems nearly as important to Karval as the success of an invasion.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Listen, I understand your concern about the greater politics, but Darth Taintus is not going to stand around so that all of us against him can work out each and every petty difference we may have. What we are looking for is a very simple transaction, a simple sharing of resources. You have the records that I need in order to find this weapon that will slow Darth Taintus down, and I have the keys to unlock it that you clearly do not have. We seek nothing more than a combination of those two things so that both of us may be better prepared to face the common threat. Or, to put it quite plainly, we want information that you currently control; in exchange, you get to find out precisely what information you actually hold. If you want to quibble about the greater political structure, this is neither the time nor the place to be doing so." Nichos remains focused on the immediate business as he brushes aside all of the General's concerns.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Do we actually want any favours, to help us with future missions? You know any information about Cortel's heir? Or help when we go to Corusant, which is the hub of all the trio of threats! I know we don't want to give any information of our mission away, but we are giving the planet to the rebels for free.

"As you know our sponsors for this meeting the Ammerillian family, they are critics of the old Empire and willing to help you to depose the Moff. I expect that would allow them a seat upon your council?" he gruffly and subtly adds, "They would be a good ally in these transnational times, elsewise you may end up with an unfriendly populace."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

I would say that any favors we get should come from the Ammerillians, not the rebels. Keeps things much simpler.

"Good points, Karval, but the good general was asking what we were wanting out of it, not the Amerillians. I am sure that they are perfectly capable of handling their own affairs, as it apparent from their ability to set up this meeting. As much as I would strongly encourage the good general to consider their position carefully, that is an entirely different conversation than the current one. Such a mixture of conversations cannot help but confuse and complicate the situation."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Of course, Sir. I am only a bodyguard." he says deferentially. "Was just my opinion." he shrugs; trying to appear like a commoner of the planet and that his opinions are typical of the people the rebels are fighting for.


Zaelos adds, "It is as Nichos says. Also keep in mind this initial deal is but the foundation, the building block for hopefully many more interactions between our two sides. A foundation built on mutual trust."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

The General considers. "So in turn for a copy of the secrets this place has, your Ammarillans will aid in the conversion of Chandrila to the new republic then?" He thinks. "It is a small price to pay, I will allow it." Turning to the man with you things. "If any of those tools will aid then let them have it. He then turns back to you. "Crack the codes and we will give you what you what you need.

Okay I need to have the Key hacker take three Computer use checks using any tools you have.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos takes his security kit and datapad and gets to work.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval stands back and watches him get to work; "If you need a hand just call out." Karval adds eyeing the group suspiciously. 'Conversion! Allow it!' Karval feels his rage rise at the presumptuous rebels, overblown upstarts who think they rule the galaxy just because they pulled down a wounded giant. 'Vultures'


Male Mandolorean Soldier

If any aid other rolls are permissable and required:

Computer (aid Nichos) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Computer (aid Nichos)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Computer (aid Nichos)1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Karval moves to the eloquent and intelligent Chiss' side; his fingers flicking over the data-pad as he tries to open relays and enable the discovery of data.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sorry for the wait, here we go.
After a couple of hours, Nichos and Kaval sit decoding all the logs and research material. Finally, you guys finish cracking the codes and have some real information. A good deal of research went on in this facility but most of it was in conclusive or held less then spectacular results. Despite covering a wide range of concepts and the works of many of the scientists, you find nothing by Adam Cortel. In fact, Nichos is able to deduce that a lot of relevant info is actually missing. Spaces exist in the labs records wear you are certain important information should be located. Its not there, if fact, it looks as though the information was purposely removed or purged long before this lab was ever considered to be a battleground. Whoever removed the info was trying to keep other lab workers or others from finding out about it.

Sifting through the logs you find one heavily encrypted log using rebel codes to seal it. Between Nichos, Kaval, and the General, you are able to unlock the logs. They are from a rebel spy working in the facility. This was what the General and his men were looking for. There is a good deal of content on this file. Nothing in scientific detail but observations of the processes and experiments that could have been the source of the deleted files.

I also need you to make, if you have the skills, either a knowledge Force, and or a knowledge nature check. Zaleos is free to attempt this check too.

The one log that stands out most to you, is the log on Dr. Adam Cortel and his genetic engineering project. Working with one Dr. Malese Glamor, Adam seem to be trying to build a new breed of super soldier meshing traits from the force repellent Ysalamiri, and the force fighting monster the Katarn from the sith tomb world of Korriban. The goal was to make a soldier capable of hunting and fighting jedi. The logs talk about how close Adam and Malese were to creating a specimen that would accept both traits and maintain the intelligence and reason of a sentient species when both men and their research as well as all their material were shipped out for some secret research facility to finish their project with better resources and more privacy. The spy laments his disappointment at being unable to retrieve even the slightest bit of research data from the experiments before it was wall purged.

That was the most significant amount of info on Adam you could find. There are a few other neat bits of research that are still of use. You would be able to take one of the following so that Miranna's people could use and you all may receive as a bonus in the near future.
The Researches you could barter for are as follows:
1. Bacta Cans: These are a small portable bacta device used for quick healing of important personnel on the battlefield. If the research on this is finished, you could end up with space age healing potions.

2. Neural Reflex Boosters This is a special set of head gear that is suppose to improve ones perceptive and reflexive capabilities. If the research is completed you could end up with special headgear that gives you a +2 to perception and +2 to reflexes when worn.

3. Environment Conditioning Serum This substance is supposed to be a new for of injection Serum that bolsters the users immunities and resistances to environmental or natural hazards. It is one injection that lasts 24 standard hours. It bolsters fort saves by +2 against most effects and makes you outright immune to disease and poisons for the duration of the effects. If also allows the users to perform 10 hours of activity instead of 8 in a day without risk of fatigue.

These are the three most complete research items you could give to Mirianna and expect to have soon.
To acquire these, you need to complete negotiations with the present rebels or you, Nichos, can make either a slight of hand check or a computer use check to secretly copy the research to a data card without giving anything to the rebels. Please note that if you attempt the second option, failure will make the first even harder and put you in the untrusted position with the present rebels.

You guy's turn


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Can Nichos determine when the purges occurred? If so, do they seem to correspond with any known events, such as Cortel's disappearance? As for the other research, they are all cool, but I'm inclined to rank them 1, 3, 2.

Nichos finally puts his datapad down after a good session of code breaking. "I trust you are satisfied with the results? Even if we didn't learn details, we have at the very least confirmation that Cortel was working on the type of weapon that would be useful against Taintus, and found some potentially useful side techs in the process. All in all, not a bad day's work given the age of the material."

701 to 750 of 2,840 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.