Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


601 to 650 of 2,890 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Zaelos turns to the members of the team. "I might be able to pull some strings here to get some leverage on Moff Seerdon. We should be able to use it to leverage a way to gain access to the lab."

If no one objects, then Zaelos will place the call...Favor check 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (5) = 17 FP


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Certainly a good idea, we need to find as much as we can about Cortel and his research. Especially the force killer weapons." Karval states calmly.

"High security is a problem, but like you said, if we can create a inequality in the stalemate, maybe we can use that to get the information."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

What kind of favor you looking for Zaleos?


Zaelos is looking for some political blackmail info on the Moff, which we can use to get access to the lab, or at least not get obstructed by the Imperial forces. It would be nice if we could get something on the rebel leader(s) as well, but I won't hold my breath, he he.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

"Perhaps we should look for a way to just get into the compound? Blackmailing Moffs is a quick way to get yourself killed."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

With a mischievous glint in his eye Karval says; "We have the walker!"

"No, sensibly. We should try to get at least into part of the labs data-base. Maybe find out Cortel's likes; dislikes; service history and experiments. At least whilst we are on this planet." 'And it keeps Zaleos with the beautiful Zeltran.'

"Now sneaking in may be difficult, talking our way in without a plan is impossible and force, without a distraction, suicide."

Karval tries to come up with a plan. "Maybe we could help the rebel deviants. Or offer them something that they prize, then we could enter the lab?"


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Offee the rebels something? Guess what Kaval, You have a walker =)

I have had a rough weekend. Got a pretty big post I'm gonna put up this evening.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

That's cool tonight, I am all over the place. With about 4 simultaneous games and IMing. As well as England winning at the soccer.

"Direct action is difficult we found that out last mission. At least without a group as stupid as us to create a diversion." Karval says dryly.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

While the others focus on the lab here, Nichos will turn to his own database of contacts to figure out how to best approach the bureaucratic mess that they will have to deal with to get access to their next target.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Yallie leans forward. "Moff Seerdon has a lot of dirt on him as it is. Any form of blackmail has already been exposed by the rebels. Finding more dirt on the man will be tricky. Right now the rebellion is barely keeping it's footing on the planet. There are not enough of us to bust you through both imperial AND rebel lines. We have to come up with some way to get in on both sides. You did good with subterfuge last time, how bout again? Sneak past two armies.

Romm pipes in. "This would be by far the most difficult task. We can possibly get you by the Moff's men because we ARE imperials but the rebels would be another matter. Sneaking may be the only option."


Zaelos has to tear himself away from Yallie's enticing form to address Romm. "Perhaps I can help with the rebel situation here. I know of an...acquaintance who has a vested interest in thwarting the good Moff's objectives. Should we decide to play Rebel here and help them out, then I believe he can arrange a meeting with the leader of the rebel forces on planet. We can then negotiate for the information we require."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods; "That sounds an interesting idea, what do we have to negotiate with though?"


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

"Play one enemy off of another. Sounds like a plan to me. What do we have to do?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval says slowly; "If Zaleos can contact them, then we cut a deal. It's not in there interests for Cortel to be running around out there, any more than it's in ours."

"We'll need secure lines and an idea of a neutral meeting place....And Bait!" there seems to be a grim humour to his words as if he knows how badly this could go.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"If you can set that up, I shall start doing the legwork to setup the round of fun we'll have to go through." Nichos speaks quietly as he selects a few of his cousins, and sends off simple inquiries about the current state of politics on Chiss, framed as a request to help him find work, as he was having difficulties make ends meet elsewhere, and was thinking of possibly returning home.


Zaelos nods, "There is no time to waste. I shall get started immediately." He rises to his feet and starts to leave the room, then turns back to Yallie, "Uhhh...do you have access to a Holonet terminal here?"


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval stands looking at the group; "We need meet them at a secure or public location. I will be security, Zaleos, point man and diplomat. What should we trade, information on what the Moffs-men are doing? Location and strengths, or just give the rebels an opportunity for a victory? We could use our walker to punch a hole out to let them out."

Karval shakes his head; "I don't like working with them but for the greater good, and the Moff seems corrupt. We do not need corruption in the Empire."


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"Perhaps discuss their goals and see if we can convince them that the empress is a better backer than their senate. At the very least, discuss the possibility of a temporary truce if the empress is allowed to take control of the planet. While I dislike their ideals, sometimes the enemy of the enemy can be moderately useful as a temporary friend, and that would certainly appear to be the case here. We cannot possibly fight everybody at once, and the rebels seem to be the lesser of the two evils here. I will attend the meeting as well once it has been arranged as support, though hopefully, it won't be needed as much this time around." Nichos doesn't even lift his head as he continues to work his datapad, trying to glean out the best officials on Chiss to approach and how.

Knowledge (bureaucracy) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 + a few years of working within the Chiss government infrastructure.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Okay I like the thinking going on here. Seems like you guys are narrowing in on a plan of action. I've been enjoying the reading so far. So, If I am understanding correctly, this is your summery plan:
Meet with rebel leaders and discuss a temporary allegiance.
Questions, sorry if I missed them but please summarize
-How are you getting past the imperial seige wall?
-How are you going to approach the rebels and not get shot?

Once I get a grasp on your answers to those two questions we move on. Cool?


Zaelos can use his contact with his rebel friend to make contact with the rebel leader on planet. That should keep them from blasting us on site, he he. As for evading the blockade, I'll wait for the others to chime in.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Bluff them pretend to be rank & file (or officers but we saw how that went last time), or take the walker and tell them we are attempting to create a hole but not have anyone follow us." Karval rumbles. "Stealth would be difficult, although in battle? It's known as fog of war for a reason; although depends how hot it is."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karvals gravelly tones rumble;
"So, to get to the rebels we either:

  • Bluff as Soldiers going to the front
  • Charge with a walker
  • Sneak past the Imperial troopers."

    "I vote for the third, with the first if we are spotted." he declares. "Maybe Yallie could come to raise Zaleos'...spirits. I am sure you could help us bluff past?"


  • Zaelos nods quickly, a little too quickly as Yallie's name is mentioned. "I agree with this, as I am sure any attempt for us to contact the rebels directly will draw the Imperial's attention, one way or another. I am not sure why long it will take to get a message to him, so we had best be ready to go on short notice."

    Zaelos will call his contact and see if he can get a message to the rebel leader.


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval stands up a cranks his neck with a satisfying pop. "Yeah." He hefts his weapons; "Sir, I am always ready." A ready grin slices across his craggy visage.


    male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    "If we have to meet, let's make it a public place. I can get in my hobo outfit. As far as getting by the imperial troops, I say we bluff it."


    Zaelos returns to the others after a short time. "Things have been arranged between us and the rebels. They will be expecting us." He allows a small smile to cross his face, "Now, all we need to do is get to them..."


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval nods standing and stretching; "Affirmative, we walking quietly and unobtrusively past them. If challenged we bluff it."

    He opens the door and lets the others leave, before moving to point. As they get into the vehicle to dive to the rendezvous, Karval takes stock of his equipment for the umpteenth time.


    male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    "Sounds like a plan to me. Zaelos, let's work on our story a bit this time shall we?"


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval smiles at Me'eona's words.


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "I don't know. He played the bumbling fool quite well I though. It's a role that I find that many underestimate the value of if used properly." Nichos can't help but get in a minor barb on their noble.


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Romm interjects. "Now you have the means to get in, you are still unclear as to what to offer the rebels in return for their help and how do you plan on getting past the blockade again. The return trip they will see you as a threat and the imperials with either capture you or simply blow you up if you try and leave the labs. Thats why the rebels have been unable to leave."


    male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    Me'eona stops walking and smiles before a frown crosses his face. "Youuuu may have a point. Romm, you any good with an AT-AT? We could use a distraction when it comes time to leave?"


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval nods; "We could offer them a way out, potentially some possible information or alliances. Or even deliver a message, or some other information for them."

    Looking to the blind man despite his inability to return the gaze; "Great idea, if the walker storms in we can escape with the rebel leaders, I am sure they would value their freedom."


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Romm nods. "We know how to operate an AT-AT. Getting one is the hard part though. Why, you know of one we could get too and have time to deactivate its self-destruct?"


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "We could offer them something simpler. Shared information about the lab's contents. Chances are very good that any truly meaningful experiments and notes were removed before the rebels showed up, and even if they weren't, the lab hasn't been active for years now, so any remaining research is already heavily dated. If Adam was working on anti-force user tech, the rebellion would just as interested as we are, given the role the jedi play in their political and military structure. Even if there is still research that can be directly applied, we will have the information as well, which could make the rebellion pause against using it against us immediately, knowing we could fire right back, and we could insist that any direct use of the knowledge discovered would have a set dead period during which neither side could directly use it. That would work for us, as we seek general information on Adam's experiments for the most part, not necessarily working details, and while it might hamper the empress' dealing with the rebels in some ways, it could secure a hidden channel of communication that would ease them in other ways."


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    "We have access to an AT-ST, Me'eona isn't a military man." Karval says to Romm, with a slight amused hook in his voice that only one as subtle of Me'eona could catch.

    "Freedom, Knowledge and Political Influence; though they are transitory they are more important than any equipment and money."


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "If we plan on bluffing the Moff's soldiers, we should take a disguise kit or two, so we can fake injuries on the way out as if we unsuccessful in our attempt."


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    "Good idea, and use Romm in an AT-ST if it all fails." Karval says.


    "I agree with Nichos here. If the rebels could be swayed to ally with us...it would be a great victory for us!"


    male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    Me'eona shruggs at Karval's comments, "AT-AT, AT-ST, what ever it takes. Alls I know is it makes a fiery nova of a lot of noise."


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval looks out of the window of their vehicle as it moves to the rendezvous. Grimly preparing his mind for potential conflict as he did before his gladiatorial battles.

    Sorry, Me'oena wasn't trying to be a smart arse, just making sure Shanosuke wasn't confused.


    male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    lol. No worries Karval. It actually all works well. Plus, I got to use a Fletch reference so it's all stars in my book.


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Romm shakes his head. "AT-ST would get scrapped in a matter of moments on that battlefield. Too much open terrain and a good amount of heavy firepower. We cannot hope to make it through."

    Derrek pipes in. "We do have an option but it would require careful timing and for us to depart as soon as we are away from the rebels. Or we must stay with the rebels while we stay on this planet though I won't lie, hanging with an enemy is very uncomfortable."

    Derrek leans forward. "We have two options. One we could commandeer five TIE bombers. The five of us will fly in and clear a path for your escape. It is the most destructive choice. We can punch a great whole with that much power. However, they can be shot down and won't be good for cover once you reach the line. The other option is to steal an actual AT-AT. One of those could cause much damage and provide a great deal cover fire and would be incredibly hard to take down. The drawback is they are very slow and we would be harder to steal than bombers. Either way, we will need your aid to acquire one of these two options. Then you would have to be fast with your infiltration and evacuation. If the timing is off, it will get us killed and leave you stranded if not killed also. So, what do you say? Have you a better idea?"
    Derrek awaits your input.

    Your not in a vehicle. You back at the safehouse Kaval.


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Fair enough, I didn't want us to stall out like last time when we were all waiting to get into a vehicle.

    Karval thinks; "We don't really want to start an all out war? Do we? Escalating this conflict is sounding very dangerous, not just for us but the poor people of this planet."

    "The Moff may be corrupt, but bombing his lines... it just seems dishonourable." Karval ponders some more.


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Derrek leans in rather displeased. "The war has been all out for some time. The empire has tens of thousands of troops surrounding that lab. Many lives are spent on both sides fighting over it. You are heading into a hotspot where you will be forced to shoot at one side or the other. If getting out of the lab and past the blockade were so easy, the rebels would have done so by now. As we speak, the rebel allies are enroute and will be here in a matter of days and this whole planet will become a warzone soon. Now is not the time to worry about the fate of one planet when we have the whole galaxy to concern ourselves with."

    Yallie shakes her head at Derrek. "Calm down Derrek. Kaval is being sensitive and we should respect that. It is a fact that these actions you have suggested WILL endanger a good many people. I know full well you are prepared for that responsibility but our new friends may not."

    Yallie turns to you. "The only thing left to address is your escape from the facility. The rebels have yet to get through the blockade and they are as clever as they come. Going in you need to have a plan for getting out. The moff's men are very untrusting and the injured tactic would be met with intensive interrogation and even confiscation of all your belongings. As soon as they find something incriminating, thats it. Your done. So whats your solution to this last standing problem?

    Believe it or not there are actually a few solutions but you guys need to come up with them on yer own. I will only help with occasional strategic advise and information from your NPC friends here.


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    No worries, I am thinking Stalingrad, or trenches in the Great War here.

    "We could talk to the Moff's general's try to convince him to let us through as a peace envoy. Or as part of a humanitarian group." Karval says; "Of course, we would be lying."

    "Thank you for the news Derreck about the rebel forces, that gives us another negotiating tool. We can give the rebel's intel on the Moff's troop positions, distribution, resources. And even offer to communicate it to the Rebel's new troops." the soumds of Karval's voice indicate he is not too happy with the treachery.

    "Straight-forward sneaking is impossible, too many sharp-shooters I expect...."

    "We hack into the comms, give false information about a break out? Force the Moff's troops to relocate, at least part of their forces."


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "As for the details of the last hurdle, I am yet uncertain, but in general, I've found that if you are dealing with people who are determined to find something, you give them something obvious to find that is easily explained away and dealt with, diverting their attention away from the real prize. So the real question is, what can we give the Moff on our way out that would be easily explainable and force them to focus their attention on it while leaving us to along on our business?"


    Zaelos smiles at Yalie's defense of Karval. "If we could somehow gain access to the Imperial codes Moff is using...we could falsify a message the rebels have discovered what the Moff's forces are searching for." He feels a warm flush on his face as he thinks of Yallie. Snapping his attention back to the matter at hand, he continues "I know it is a long shot but I do not see another way to break the blockade."


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    "Zaleos, if we did that the Moff is sure to attack the rebels urgently before the information gets out. You saying we should volunteer to spear-head the attack - being an advanced force?" Karval asks.


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "I could probably hack into the system at least at the lower levels of security, and plant the rumor. Than we say on our way out that we are mercs looking to confirm whether or not they had actually found x, which we are interested in for our own reasons, which as mercs would be easy to play off as money from selling the information. That part isn't hard, but we still need to know what would work as proper bait for x. We need something that will get their attention, but not their full undivided attention."

    601 to 650 of 2,890 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.