Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


551 to 600 of 2,888 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Mandolorean Soldier

"Sir, yes Sir" Karval snaps off a salute. Turning and marching away towards the eastern side. Once out of sight....

Karval:
Karval checks out his datapad, making a note of the time. And programming an alarm so that the pair of them have enough time to get back to meet-up with the Sergeant. He turns to Nichos; "Alright, lets do this."

Karval backs up Nichos; keeping an eye out for any patrols as they enter the garden and move to the upper-level. The darkness shrouding their movements...

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos also salutes and heads off, relieved to finally be away from the officer; being around authority figures while trying to work simply did not mesh well with his skill set, and while he didn't mind talking, in this case it wasn't going to get the job done by itself.

the real fun starts:
Nichos nods to Karval, pleasantly surprised at how well the soldier is able to do at the game of stealth. While not showing off his skills to the best of his capability, he manages to do reasonably well as he keeps an eye out for trouble.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona shruggs his shoulders at Nichos and moves to follow the captain. "So, captain, where are you from originally? Know any good jokes?"
Me'eona will stay close to the captain's side incase the alarm is sounded and I need to take him out.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos and Kaval:

The two of your creep out the back door and make your way up an exterior incline to the second level. You need a Comp check to open the door.

Me'eona and Sir loves his foot:

The man coughs, "I am not a captain, just a private first class. I'm from the area. Not many good jokes to be told....not any that'd sound good coming from me. Or funnier than your friend here." He gestures to Zaleos.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Spoiler:
Computer Use 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 +4 if security kit applies

Nichos looses no time getting to work on the computer to open the door.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos and Kaval:

Door is open. You slip inside the hall. By your reckoning you are in the west wing. You need to hike out to the lobby and head for the north. There are a lot of patrols up here and you won't be able to talk your way out if caught. Instant gunfight. So you both need to make me two stealth checks. Roll carefully and quietly.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Spoiler:
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Both Martian Level 20 invader

that tongue still disturbs me...your whole avatar is creepy. Were just waiting on Kaval now.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Sorry, it's the best I could find. Paizo doesn't really have much in the way of choices for nontraditional fantasy races.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Creepy Creeps:
Oh oh, this could go very wrong

Karval tries to move very quickly and silently, a weapon to hand. A gladiator he is not used to the unspectacular, however his natural agility helps. Although he kicks his heels and instantly Karval stops and looks around, as apologetic look as his hawty countenance allows.

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Oh dis won't end well.

Creepy Crew:

Nichos clutters a bit as you slip in. The guards are aware something is up and are looking for you. As you move on Kaval creates a disturbance. Now the guards are sure there is something amiss. One last stealth check to determine if you can get past the patrol or get shot.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

here goes nothing:
Nichos grips his pistol tightly, hoping he won't need it, but prepared to use it nonetheless. He may not have fallen in love with any of the local agents, but his pride was still bruisable, however much he tried really hard to hide that fact.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Up to Kaval now


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Karval, don't forget you should have one or two force points you can use, even as a non-force user.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos don't help him, I have more fun that way.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

It's a resource we all need reminded of from time to time. What's the point of having them if no one remembers they are their?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Thanks

Kharma Patrol:

Karval moves with speed to try and avoid the patrol, a pistol prepared if they happen across the troopers. 'Darn, I should be better at this.'

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 - boo, that's just bad enough to add a force point 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 11 + (5) = 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sneak Team:

Just good enough to get past the patrol, better give the force some proper thanks there Kaval.
You manage to just slip past the patrol into the North Wing. You have one more patrol to sneak past to get into the family archives. Stealth DC 15. If you both succeed I will need a Gathering info check.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Sir Loves his foot and Luet. Sabastion, aka not a captian

Spoiler:
Me'eona nods, "For some, entire lives are jokes that only a good blaster can deliver a punch line for. But let us not speak of politicians aye?" Walking on in idle chit-chat, he keeps his ears open for the first sign of trouble.
sorry, couldn't help making the Eddie Izzard reference


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Sneaks:
Karval moves rapidly along the corridor, relying on his natural grace. His movements seem to be guided by some supernatural power as he unconsciously keeps silent. He nods to Nichos; the stoic and confident duo continue their movement towards the archives. Turning to the Chiss he whispers; "Shall we also take lots of pictures with the comm?"

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Gather Info 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 (0ranks & cha 10)


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Sneaks:
Nichos slips down the hall, relieved to get to the archives, where he gets to work quickly.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Gather Information 1d20 ⇒ 2 +1d6 ⇒ 5(force point) +14(if based on computer use) or +11(if based off of diplomacy)[/ooc]


Me'eona and Cap'n Sebastian:
Zaelos looks up at the mention of Me'eona's joke and suppresses a wry grin. I can imagine why he feels that way about them, seeing as how he ended up with that bounty on his head due to one.

"Not all politicians are useless, soldier."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Sneaks:
Walking around the office and snug, Karval looks in those locales where his experience as a bodyguard leads him to believe common places to hide classified documents. "Good job at cracking the database, of course, we copy it. I'll check for documents and incriminating photographs." Karval rummages carefully but quickly through the room checking books, photographs, behind portraits; whilst concisely documenting the area with the datapad camera (Assuming it's like an iphone/ laptop).

Karval moves silently around the room, caution is reduced in the name of expediency.

Karval has Computer Use +9 & Knowledge Nobility +6, if that is any use to either helping locate or assess/analyse what is useful


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Zaleos and "Luet. Sebastian":

Spoiler:
Me'eona considers Zaleos's comment, "Yes sir, not all politicians are useless." Looking at the Private he adds with a smile, "Much like not all infectious diseases are useless."


Me'eona and Sebastian:
Zaelos smiles, "Touche. I must admit, there are many useless sacs of meat disguised as politicians and bureaucrats in the galaxy." Giving Sebastian a sidelong glance, he shrugs "I think we know what you think of me..."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sneaks:

You scurry back and forth through the archives looking for anything. Nichos seems to have found something Check PMbut time is running out. Nichos copies info to his datapad. Now you have to get back to the patrol. I need three stealth checks guys.

Patrol Group:

The Private First class turns to you two. [b]"Cut the chatter. We are about to trade off with your friends so be ready.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

sneaks:
Nichos hides a grimace as he quickly scans the information. Nodding to Karval to get moving, he heads back out, hoping they can successfully end this without a firefight, but knowing that at least they found what they were looking for.

stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11+1d6 ⇒ 3
stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

That's the last of Nichos force points, hope it's worth it.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos:

The force is with you young padawan. Let us hope it is with the hulking Mandelorian also.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Creeping:
"Alright, got everything you can find?" Karval asks knowing the competance of his companion in retrieving data, whilst hoping his expertise in combat is not needed.

Setting off along the corridor and down the stairs, his lithe body stalks like a cat. The arenas of Nar Shaddaa know the look well as he moves so smoothly he seems to flow. Nearing the door outside relief overwhelms him 'Nearly there, the Empress will be pleased.' but his thoughts of the beautiful young woman betray him and he stumbles.

Stealth 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Stealth 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Stealth 3: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (3) = 9 - Darn, so close...


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Sneakers:

The two of you make your way to the exit. Nichos manages to keep quiet but at the last moment Kaval stumbles. The two of you move quickly as the patrol comes to investigate the noise. However, by this point the two of you are now on the lower level.

The Prive first class leads the patrol to meet up with Nichos and Kaval. Zaleos and Me'eona you are relieved to see they are fine. Nichos hints that he has something so now it is simply waiting for an opportunity to leave.

You can either attempt your escape now or wait it out. You copied the data and took nothing obvious so no one should know anything was tampered with so there is no hurry.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval snaps off a sharp salute to the officer (if he is still there); "Sir, all clear Sir." He moves back down to attention and drops in next to the rest.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

Nichos breathes a quick sigh of relief as they rejoin the others. As much as he disliked relying on luck, it was at least proving to be a friendly thing thus far. He stands waiting for fresh orders, making it clear that his preference would be to play this out and work for a clean exit.


male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

Me'eona nods at Nichos. "You know I get board easily but given what is going down in the rest of the city, I'm glad to have a nice quiet patrol."


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Three votes is enough. Okay. The night passes uneventfully and you get through your patrol without trouble. The next day you make your way out to your squad car and leave without incident.

Reporting with the others you agree to meet back at the hideout to go over your findings. Nallie and all the others are present and now it is time to go over what you have.

Sorry about the jump but there was really nothing else that needed doing. You all randeveu(sp?) at the hidden base unless Nichos wants to reveal his discovery enroute. Up to him really. I'm just letting you know where you end up if he doesn't.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval keeps to attention and plays the dutiful officer during the rest of the shift. Keeping near the officer he makes sure to be attentive and acts honourably.

Once the group leave the compound he relaxes considerably; "That's not really me, Military folk are really great. My parents taught me the values and codes of Honour, but I like my independence."

Stretching out he looks across to Nichos; "This bloke was a star, we have downloaded some information." with a cocked eyebrow "I am not sure what, but Nichos got into the data-base I only someone of his skill could. I am afraid I may have been a liability, whilst we needed your competence mine would have only been any use if we'd been caught."


Zaelos is more than happy to finish the assigned shift and is also quite relieved nothing exciting happened. In truth, he was afraid of how he would react when he saw Yallie again.

When he actually saw her with his Force-enhanced vision, it was all he could do to avoid sweeping her in his arms and carrying out his deepest desires with her. Trying (and failing miserably) to remain calm and dispassionate with her presence invading his senses, he turns to the Chiss, "So, what did you discover?"


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

"You did fine; if we had gotten into a firefight, your competence with a gun would have been necessary. We got through it, and we managed to avoid a firefight in the process. Considering our goals, that counts as a success in my book. I found our next location, but first we should see what we can do to repay our hosts for their efforts in helping us make this a success, and it would be foolish to not at least case the lab out since we are already here. Besides, the next step may take some time to prepare for, and we may as well keep busy while waiting." Nichos, who had been quiet for the remainder of the guard duty, speaks quietly, and seems a bit hesitant when it comes to talking about what he found, clearly not entirely happy with what he found.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval nods slowly, whilst nervously (- for him) meticulously pulling back his hair. He seems slightly embarrassed by Zaleos seeming overt admiration.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

What are we waiting for?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Nothing? Is Nichos saying we should go to the lab - in the main city. Or go straight to the next location that he has found?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Dunno, Not really up to me where you guys go.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

So we have (generally):

Seth Segariss

  • Planet Naboo, Kessel & Corusant

    Darth Taintus

  • Most Active & Threatening
  • 13+ systems engaged
  • Planets Korriban & Corusant

    Adam Cortel

  • Planets Chandrila, Carida, and Coruscant
  • Chandrila -Moff Seerdon is trying hard to retake the planet. The main Chandrilian House. This is the most prominent location to gain information. Then we have the Laboratory where Cortel did most of his research. It is currently under the control of the rebels right now. You may have some resistance trying to get in. Last we have the Cortel house.
    Erdenburg The city where Cortel house is located.
    Yaravan Town nearest to the laboratories.
    Chandrilian House Home to the seat of government on Chandrila.

    Just trying to put together some of the previous info.


  • male Miraluka Scoundrel 3

    Once they get back, Me'eona listens before adding "Before we decide exactly where we are going why don't you let us in on exactly what you found in the database."
    If it would be easier, I can go back and read the spoilers but I kind of like the interaction.


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval looks dourly across to Nichos, giving him a brief nod of congratulation upon his brilliant data-collection.


    Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

    "While we are here, we may as well at least check the lab out and see tight the security it. As for what I found, Adam's father traced him to secret military research lab on Batseren in Chiss space. He planned on hunting his son down, but never got the chance, as the family died the next day."


    "Good job, Nichos." Zaelos replies, while trying hard not to stare at Yallie. "I think it would be wise to check the lab out as well."

    If only to keep me away from Yallie for a while...GODS she is BEAUTIFUL!!


    Male Mandolorean Soldier

    Karval agrees; "Yes, if we have to leave the planet to follow his fathers' lead which could have gone cold as his grave; then it is best to finish what we have to on this planet."

    He looks serious; "So the lab. it is guarded. I believe our plans will have to be more subtle or blunt this time?"


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Romm listens carefully to the information. "The lab is more than guarded. It is besieged buy the empire and held by the rebels. We are not on good terms with the imperials of this planet."


    Zaelos nods, "A difficult proposition true, but maybe there is a way to turn this to our advantage." He turns to Yallie trying to keep his rising blush under control. "Are you aware of any interesting pieces of information you know of about Moff Seerdon? If we can tip the balance of the siege one way or another...it would allow us a window of opportunity."

    Shanosuke, how long would it take Zaelos to establish contact with one of his contacts so he can call in a Favor?


    Both Martian Level 20 invader

    Contact is as simple as finding an interstellar comm and making a phone call. Time it would take to call in a favor depends on the favor. Simple contact is a phone call, but getting equipment or information or other such stuff will vary depending on a number of factor. You roll a d20 and add your favor bonus. I believ you can add force points if you desire.

    551 to 600 of 2,888 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.