Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Inactive)

Game Master Elton

It is a dangerous time for the Republic. The Treaty of Coruscant and the Sacking of Corsucant has caught everyone off guard. A dangerous Cold War exists between the two major powers in the Galaxy -- the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire.


51 to 100 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

GM Elton wrote:

To Chal:

Chal, you get a message through the Holonet. It's from the Hutt. "So, have you found allies willing to take you in?" asked Valaluu. "If so, I have a little errand I want you to run. I want you to slice into House Thul's computer network and look for anything we can use against them. You may need your new allies if you don't want to get into a fire fight."

Valaluu was insistent. Or planning something if he wants you to slice into House Thul's network and find something he can use against House Thul. Perhaps he wants to blackmail them for some purpose.

This is where I think I misunderstood the starting premise of the episode - I was lent to the Republic to help (the Republic bought me in and it seems that the Hutt is holding the marker on that - prehaps he arranged it AND is keeping the bounty hunters that may be after me off the scent, and so the Jedi would be my handlers / contacts that the Repubic+Hutt wanted me to help out... and the flyboys would be the glue... and into or tied to the hutt in some way. It looks like I have massively stuffed up... not to worry. I'll make lemonade... this is why I have my deception skill up to +12... BUT not sure how I use my skill against Characters - normally its a grey area. I hope that the other players will be understanding of my liberities in trying to get the story back on track

I will need some time, Chal sniveled surreptitiously into his long range comlink, praying desperately that the Captain and crew were too busy to return to check on him.

--note-- will be editing soon... leave me some time


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Brat! Thollus says as he turns away and closes his eyes, attempting to verify in truth that he cannot "sense" the boy.

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8

Nyla:

A perfect 20! That means Nyla remembers everything taught to her in Xenobiology about these creatures. About the maillot, I am assuming it's this, yes?

About Thrantas:

Thrantas were a group of flying animals originally found on Alderaan. While there were multiple species and breeds varying in size and functions (some for personal travel, others for massive air ferries), most thrantas served the purpose of being air transport.

The predominant physical feature of these creatures were their manta ray-like figures. Often misidentified as a thranta was the aiwha of Kamino, an imported species originally hailing from Naboo.

Thrantas stayed aloft using airsacs in their bodies. They fed upon small flying creatures and airborne zooplankton. The common thranta was the most common and well-known of the thranta species native to the planet Alderaan.

The beasts had strong wing muscles which allowed them to fly in the skies of their homeworld. Like the other subspecies, they were trainable and would be controlled by Thranta Riders. These handlers would place a compartment on the back of the beasts head while a larger passenger compartment was placed around its chest. Attempts were made to introduce the species to Coruscant, but the species could not survive the aerial pollution there. A large breed known as the giant thranta was identical to other common thrantas but, of course, larger in size. This is not to be confused with the great thranta, which was a distinct species.

Note: this doesn't go into Biology. But reproduction takes place entirely in the air. Warmblooded like pterosaurs, the Thrantas build high nests in the mountains where they land and lay eggs. The eggs require a 2 month incubation period after which the chicks hatch. After three months of growth, the chicks can fly on their own.

Video of a player flying a Thranta.

Seth nods, and brings his Thranta down. He bids you to mount up behind him as he mounts the creature. "Best way to get around on Alderaan, unfortunately," he says. "I'd rather use a speeder bike or air speeder, but the Alderaanians won't risk the eventual pollution that will cloud their skies."

After you are mounted, he removes the tether and soon you are flying towards one of the parks set aside by the Organa family.

You fly for what seems like an hour to reach your spot (GM tip: Common thrantas fly at 15 to 20 miles per hour, while others are swift thrantas and might fly faster, up to 30 MPH. You won't see a hummingbird type thranta however).

This particular area you land near looks like the Berry Creek Falls. Seth takes a while to tether the thranta to a near by tree before you dismount.
-----------------------
Chal:

Your post was made over an hour ago, so you may have to make a secondary post.

Helaman wrote:
This is where I think I misunderstood the starting premise of the episode - I was lent to the Republic to help (the Republic bought me in and it seems that the Hutt is holding the marker on that - prehaps he arranged it AND is keeping the bounty hunters that may be after me off the scent, and so the Jedi would be my handlers / contacts that the Repubic+Hutt wanted me to help out... and the flyboys would be the glue... and into or tied to the hutt in some way. It looks like I have massively stuffed up... not to worry. I'll make lemonade... this is why I have my deception skill up to +12... BUT not sure how I use my skill against Characters - normally its a grey area. I hope that the other players will be understanding of my liberities in trying to get the story back on track

Actually, I'm taking a little liberty myself in order to move the pilot along. The reason why I set up Guardians for you and the Jedi is so I can have story movers. Nyla receives missions from the Jedi via Seth, and Chal receives missions from Valaluu the Hutt.

The other three are free, as in they can start missions of their own. For instance, Iona can get missions from independent Fixers as well as mission terminals. Thollus has a need to go to Tython, and Andaak is pleased to be second mate. At times, I need to set up situations where the Continuity Episodes can be driven, so Chal and Nyla are perfect.

-----------------------

Thollus:

You can't sense Lord Vandal beyond his Infrared signature. Apparently, you are dead as far as the willies go.

Grand Lodge

Again fellow players please forgive any liberties I take to try to get things back on track... work with me please

I will need some time, Chal sniveled surreptitiously into his long range comlink, praying desperately that the Captain and crew were too busy to return to check on him.

I will not fail you Lord Valaluu the Mighty. Chal made a very credible attempt to fawn over a holonet before he disconnected the transmission with an apologetic gesture.

His hands flew over the console...the standard level access he used to upload the latest Hyperspace lane charts and Navigational algorithms allowed access to the Navcomp - normally, under most circumstances, quite harmless.

The Neimoidian cursed in three languages as he found the entire ships computer system to be geriatric. Looking around again, he took pains to ensure he wasn't being monitored and dredged up memories of antique programming protocols that he'd learned in his youth as stepping stones to modern programming techniques.

I made a horrible error in using the Hutt as my approach... but I was thinking on that Bloated Slug, worrying, when I made my way over and it just came out... but I can make this work

Taking some pains to 'dumb down' his approach he attempted to slice access from the Navcomp open access into the Navcomps memory files...specifically looking for suspicious activity in planned hyperspace plans that took the crew of this craft into systems and along routes that were consistent with smuggling. Knowing that these patterns were likely "deleted" or "edited", he worked to coax the true data from the false.

Use Computer +14
Take 10 = 24

Knowledge Galactic Lore +9
Take 10 = 19

Knowledge Bureacracy +9
Take 10 = 19


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Having his earlier observations confirmed, Thollus turned about and attempted to pick the dark boy/ man out of the crowd of travellers.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Thollus wrote:

Having his earlier observations confirmed, Thollus turned about and attempted to pick the dark boy/ man out of the crowd of travellers.

Perception 1d20+7

A result of 1 is an automatic failure.

You've lost him.


Male Zabrak Scout 1

Reporting to the captain's quarters, carrying a box of parts with him, Kaath smiles for the first time today. "Good to know that the entry challenge was worth it. Didn't see the boss, but the workers certainly looked beat up enough I didn't want to, either. Any new leads on new contracts yet?"


"Nothing that strikes my fancy, no." Iona replies with a sigh. "We might have to check out the cantine by the palace for better leads, this all just so low yield." she continues almost complaintively. "Here. Your share." Presenting a credchip she transfers Kaath's share.

"I didn't like the look of their leader neither." she says conversely as the credits transfer. "A kid with a fetish for black makeup. Gave me the willies. What did that computer geek want?"

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Chal wrote:

Use Computer +14

Take 10 = 24

Knowledge Galactic Lore +9
Take 10 = 19

Knowledge Bureacracy +9
Take 10 = 19

computer slice:

Slicing into the Lady Felicity's computer hard drive, you find what you are looking for. The Lady Felicity's smuggling routes and smuggling manifest. Battle droid parts, sold to House Thul and the Empire; and shipping arranged by Sith Lord Vandal to Alderaan paid for by House Thul. The Lady Felicity did not follow the standard Corellian Trade Route, but an unorthodox route. The parts contain heuristic processors and software chips.

Result of your Galactic Lore:
I'm not exactly sure what you want. I think I may have already given your result.

Result of your Knowledge Bureaucracy:
The result basically means that the routes that the captain took isn't regularly charted by the Hyperspace Guild.


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Sighing quietly at his curiosity having been frustrated, Thollus meanders through the crowd toward the spaceport entrance, sunlight streaming in from the outdoors. Hmmm, some fresh air to clear the head, I think.


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

Chal downloaded the data onto a data chip. He then took the time to look at other smuggling runs done by the Lady Felicity, making mental notes to aid him in his plan to flatter any inquirers as to why the Hutt would take interest in them... referring to old trips that presumably only an Insider to smuggling interests would know about.

Satisfied on multiple levels, knowing his life had been spared from an impatient Hutt on pure luck, he then hid his electronic tracks.

Use Computer +14
Take 10 = 24

Deception +12
Take 10 = 22

As an additional level of finesse, he created an error issue log stating multiple issues with the current uploads to the Navcomp. He commenced re-uploading the Hyperspace route updates and set about "Fixing" the Navcomp issue.

Hopefully the crew will not have any... problems with my presence now that I have a 'need' to be on this terminal.

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8

Thollus:

Heading out side to see the sights you breath in the fresh air and go ahh. . . Alderaan is very beautiful and wonderful. So many people around the palace and the spaceport, selling to spacers. It's one of those wonderful days.

Spoiler:
Yes, your droid body can simulate breathing. Everything about it is as near human as possible for a Synthoid.

The atmosphere is blue, and the oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere is fresh and clean. Somehow, you logically can suddenly count what elements are in the air, and in what concentrations. There is no smog.
----------------------

Since the actions between Kaath and Iona are character interaction and in character conversation, I will wait a while until I intervene with that scene.


Male Zabrak Scout 1

"I don't know; he was rather shady about the whole thing. If the Hutts are involved, probably best be careful around that one."


Female Arkanian Jedi 1st

Mmhmm that's a maillot, it's really just a fancier sounding way for her to say one-piece.

"It's a pity the introduction of the thrantas didn't go well on Coruscant. I fear the whole planet might succumb to a terrible fate in the future if it's rampant pollution problem isn't kept in check... And of the poor creatures who had to choke to death in that filth." She trails off and turns her attention to petting the flying beast upon which she sat and breathing deeply to quiet her thoughts. She dismounts readily once they've landed near the waterfall. There is a spring in her step and a youthful laugh echoes out as she sprints to the waterside and bends low to sip from the crystalline waters. " So are we to swim, Master?"

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8

Cut to Nyla:

Spoiler:
I hope a Tanga peace wasn't too raunchy, but it was the best I could reference. Of course, Leia in her slave girl outfit may have had a smaller bottom. :P

"Actually, you are going to sit under the waterfall," said Seth. "It's a technique that will toughen your body and help you focus your mind."

He pointed at the waterfall. No telling how many gallons fell from that cliff in a cascade. "The waterfall helps you focus your mind instep with nature and the Force by taking your body to your limits."

Seth turns around so you can undress down to your maillot. In fact, he goes behind a nearby tree and sits down, closes his eyes, and meditates using the Force. You can feel his presence and you feel, safe. It's as if he has extended his range and is watching for predators by using the Force. So you feel safe and have privacy. You also get the feeling that he feels that you were forced upon him, but he's accepting you readily. Not totally, but readily.

This is a roleplaying opportunity to gain the Endurance feat through actual physical training. However, this is only to teach you a technique of quieting your character's mind. But Seth's training is now a bit more . . . school of hard knocks. He won't take you near the dark side, but he won't soften his training since he blames himself for his former students falling for the Dark Side.


Iona blinks a couple of times before freezing, staring into space. "Wait... He's still here!? Oh frak! Why is he alone with our computers!" Iona spits out hurriedly. "Where is he?" she barks at Kaath.

Getting the general location of the slicer Iona hurries to find him. "Who are you!? What are you doing?" Pushing the slicer out of her way she tries to backtrace the slicers activities. "Kaath! Hold him." she says not looking up from her work on the concole.

Looking the slicer right in the eye she says through clenched teeth; "You better not have done anything you'll regrett! I don't giva freight full of banthas podoo if you've got a Hutt backing you if you've done somthing I won't like to my ship! Tell me waht you did!"

Persuation; Intimidate the slicer 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception; Sence Deception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Use Computer 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

I'm just a navigator!! I am trying to fix the Navcomp! the Neimoidian wails. Your Navcomp is having issues downloading the Alderaanian Space Port Hyperspace updates. He turns a shade of mottled grey.


Deception

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

A Navigator I tell yoooooooooou!, he wails.

Neimoidians get a re-roll as a racial ability - Deception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Grand Lodge

- And THIS is why I take 10 normally *face palm*


Male Zabrak Scout 1

"And you felt that it was incumbant that you do it yourself rather than inform us so we could fix it? Do I look like I was born yesterday, you fool? I suggest you explain what you are really doing before I pull my rifle out."

Sorry, but not being a recognized crew member pokes a rather large hole in your deception, as does the fact that Kaath just finished checking all of the systems.

Grand Lodge

Yep - hence the facepalm... I WAS hoping for something that got me over 20... on to the backup lie in a bit


Male Zabrak Scout 1
Helaman wrote:
Yep - hence the facepalm... I WAS hoping for something that got me over 20... on to the backup lie in a bit

Still really wouldn't have helped. You may be good, but obvious lies are generally not going to work.


Male Zabrak Scout 1

Don't get me wrong, as a player, I understand it was probably your best option, but that doesn't stop Kaath from being annoyed.


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

I told you when I came... that the Hutt sent me and for you to tell the Captain... I was being straight with you. I could have tried to pretend I was maintenance, no?

As Kaath has a dangerous glint in his eye, he breaks...

Stop, stop, stop!, Pleeeeeeeease he wails. I am a really am here on an errand of Valaluu - honest!, You are up and comers and while your... activities have been... modest, you are attracting attention as... let us say "preferred contractors" for up and coming work... You impressed a few parties in your work from Abregado for instance, and have been noticed in Nar Shaddaa... I am here to help you at the Hutts insistance and... well... evaluate you while creating some good will, at this point, his face sours, at my own expense.

Chal plunges full on into his story, But I really am a Navigator! Your Navcomp is a piece of Junk, had it been working properly I would have reported to your Captain by now... I did announce myself and everything.

The planet names consistent with smuggling I got from Wookiepedia and am assuming you've been to from the access I had earlier.... So supporting information 1/(reference to your old jobs and activities) - not sure if its good for some bonus or not, 2/ computer logs should show unless you rip out a big number that there is an error log of issues with navcomp updates consistent with his story 3/He did openly tell you that he was here from the Hutts AND did advise on alerting the Captain 4/ Allusions to personal cost - maybe worth jack crap, maybe worth something... I'll leave if the above is worth anything to you. This is why I called out rolls against players suck

-Deception-
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Grand Lodge

Just read up on the rules and it says: Generally a failed deception check makes the target too suspicious to get another try... so ignore the roll, however there may be some bonus through now applying supporting documentation - I'll leave it to the players... that said, if this does go south we may be effectively down a character right from the outset. Not your fault - I misunderstood the story parameters that led me to this course. A difficult deception (example: forging starship transponder codes, impersonating an officer good enough to give orders) is a -5. This would land me at a 13. If you consider it incredible (examples Hard to believe, presents sizable risk to the target or requires intense scrutiny) -10, lands me at an 8, A 13 will scrape through your will def, a 8 won't come close... this will make it interesting

Grand Lodge

Its situations like I should have burned a forcepoint on -Its my destiny to get in this adventure and not pushed out a space lock... can I use my Destiny point to get the above roll as my destiny point re-roll? If so, even at -10 I get an 18...

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Helaman wrote:
Its situations like I should have burned a forcepoint on -Its my destiny to get in this adventure and not pushed out a space lock... can I use my Destiny point to get the above roll as my destiny point re-roll? If so, even at -10 I get an 18...

Yes, you may use a destiny point to get a re-roll. Boy, those two are a suspicious bunch. I think some improvised props may be in order. Perhaps some credentials to back up what you are saying?

Credentials will give you a substantial bonus: +4.

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Iona Liaan wrote:
Perception; Sence Deception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Iona, a natural 1 is a failure, as far as you can tell, Chal is telling the truth. In fact, he's being honest. Your computer is updating it's navigation information as Chal said.

Grand Lodge

GM Elton wrote:
Helaman wrote:
Its situations like I should have burned a forcepoint on -Its my destiny to get in this adventure and not pushed out a space lock... can I use my Destiny point to get the above roll as my destiny point re-roll? If so, even at -10 I get an 18...

Yes, you may use a destiny point to get a re-roll. Boy, those two are a suspicious bunch. I think some improvised props may be in order. Perhaps some credentials to back up what you are saying?

Credentials will give you a substantial bonus: +4.

Actually I think they are right to be suspicious. On Props? I'll be honest, as a character I don't have anything on me and all the props I've already put in place to get my story to where it is... You can PM me... at this point with my destiny point and the above re-roll I'm at 18 after the -10 is applied which is 5+ above their will scores - if worse comes to worse I can prove I work for the Hutt by placing a call but that may create problems

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Helaman wrote:
GM Elton wrote:
Helaman wrote:
Its situations like I should have burned a forcepoint on -Its my destiny to get in this adventure and not pushed out a space lock... can I use my Destiny point to get the above roll as my destiny point re-roll? If so, even at -10 I get an 18...

Yes, you may use a destiny point to get a re-roll. Boy, those two are a suspicious bunch. I think some improvised props may be in order. Perhaps some credentials to back up what you are saying?

Credentials will give you a substantial bonus: +4.

Actually I think they are right to be suspicious. On Props? I'll be honest, as a character I don't have anything on me and all the props I've already put in place to get my story to where it is... You can PM me... at this point with my destiny point and the above re-roll I'm at 18 after the -10 is applied which is 5+ above their will scores - if worse comes to worse I can prove I work for the Hutt by placing a call but that may create problems

I just reminded to Iona that her natural 1 makes her believe that you are the most honest and trustworthy Nemoidian she knows at this possible moment.


*smirk* I just wanted to create some tension between the characters, *success* ;P I have no intention of leaving anyone behind or excluding anyone either, just for the record. It's all for fun.

Iona frowns, listening to the Nemoidian and looking over the readouts the computer presents to her. "Let him go Kaath. It checks out, I'm reading the error log now, see.." she gestures to the screen for Kaath to see the confirmation but turns to the Nemoidian and crosses her arms, glaring at him.

"Up-and-comers, huh? I must admit I'm a little flattered." she purrs, still glaring her pleasant tone does not reach her eyes or her body language. "Ok, more than a little." she admits, shrugging she visibly relaxes, adopting a more leisurely stance. "So your a navigator huh? Well we need one, that and a sensor operator as well since your good with computers. So what's your name, and why the special attention? What's the Hutt have in mind?" She asks, suspicious again.

Grand Lodge

I am not in his... confidence. I am told 'go' and I 'go'... I did, he babbled on, tell you straight away I came from Valaluu.

His lungpods still obviously pumping.


Male Zabrak Scout 1

Kaath frowns quietly, though as the conversation progresses, it's clear to Iona that he's relaxing more, and simply enjoying this little game, even if to the person caught getting the flak, that isn't nearly as clear. "Hmm, simple enough to confirm, and doesn't even require any fancy computer work. We take all of your stuff as your bond that you are who you say you are, and as soon as you are able to arrange direct contact with this Hutt, you get it back on condition that computer security on this ship is now your responsibility, with any breaches also being your responsibility. Does that seem fair to you, Captain?"

Grand Lodge

Is that..leegal?

couldn't resist

He stopped. Stupid Question... but I can do one better. I can set up a meeting. In fact, he fumbled for his comlink I can arrange a meeting right now - we can go together. I'll call do it in front of you. Lets not be making me responsible for anything!!!

He opened his long range comlink and used the last communication recieved to send out a new one... to Valaluu. Trying to sound casual he gurgled to the Hutt Crimelord,

Huttese

Spoiler:
My Lord... I have our new friends and a meeting is... desired. Your errand is run your Magnificence and now seems a good time to meet.

Deception to try to get the message across without being obvious. Deception +12. TAKE 10!!! = 22

He held up a hand to the others... as if requesting silence.

Huttese

Spoiler:

Where can we meet you?

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8

"Sorry, but Valaluu the Hutt is in one of his hutt moods," a receiver said in Huttese. "A protocol droid had got his goat and he pushed the droid into a bit of slime. He can't be disturbed for a while, you know that."

That was the crackle that came back on the receiving end.


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Walking about the plaza outside the spaceport, Thollus was amazed that he knew exactly how clean the air was, down to the last molecule of dust! How can I know this? Normal people don't have these abilities. he thought sitting on a bench beside some brightly colored flowers.

Grand Lodge

His goat?! .

Chal sighed and disconnected.

It looks like I am your guest until I can set up that meeting.. and while I am directed to make friends with you, again making another face as if he was here under duress, I cannot accept responsibility for guarding your ship... not until Valaluu directs me to. But until then? I am to help you.

He blinks nervously.

Call me 'Chal' for now... So what do you want me to do first?


"Legal is a perspective from the point your standing from." Iona mutters, remembering one of her grandads favorite sayings as she listens in on Chal's conversation in Hutteses, being fluent in the language thanks to her grandfather Iona smirks at the direction the conversation takes.

"You seem like the honest sort Chal, but let's face it; I've never seen you before, or heard of you for that matter, so I'm not inclined to trust you till I have some verification on your story. Until I hear from the hutt myself I don't want you to do anything. Not until I've spoken to him and heard the details of whatever deal he has in mind. Find yourself a bunk, stow your gear and come find me when the hutt deigns to call back. Untill then, don't let me catch you sneaking around Lady Felicity ok?"

Grand Lodge

As you wish.

He thinks for a moment... then heads towards the staterooms.

Call me when you want me.


Male Zabrak Scout 1

Kaath watches the neimodian depart with a thoughtful look on his face. "This is definitely an interesting opportunity that has been presented to us. Handle it well, and you might even make some progress in proving yourself to your family. For now, I should probably get along with the the repairs to the ship, as anything further with either the Hutt or Chal falls largely in your hands. I wish you the best of luck, and one bit of wisdom that has served me well in the space lanes: keep your friends close, and your enemies (and potential foes) closer." With that, he, too, also heads off to the rest of the ship to begin his work.


Iona watches Chal walk off with her arms crossed and her brow furrowing she tilts her head as she listens to Kaath. "You think I was to hard on him?" she asks, genuinely curious. "I just wanted to show who's boss an' all. Can't have them thinking that we're at Valaluu's beck and call can we? We need to play reluctant my friend, so we can charge more credits. If we appear needy he'll just roll over us." Iona raises her hand and nods before Kaath can reply.

"Yes, I know we are needy, and we need good crew members, but! They don't need to know that, see?"


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

I was lucky... so lucky... but they let me go too easily. I can do nothing, nothing for the moment. They are probably watching me remotely now, worried Chal, his lungpods pumping away.

On arriving at one of the rooms he made a display of getting comfy but used that as a distraction against any camera's watching to slip the datacard he downloaded the data onto into his datapad.

Stealth with forcepoint 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 5

This done he huddled down to transfer and encyrpt the data to his datapad and replaced the datacard data with some of the entertainment content he had on his datapad, careful to cover his tracks. At the same time he a holo-serial playing off screen, so that if being monitored, the sounds would be harmless enough and gave him 'reason' to be using his holopad.

Use Computer +14, Take 20 = 34

He wheezed a sigh as he busied himself... I can risk no outbound communication with the Hutt, they are surely monitoring communications or at least signals. He set his long range commlink to one side and waited for Valaluu.

When he finished his tasks he focused on watching his favorite holovids, and waited for his captors to return.


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Sitting in the sun, Thollus drew out his datapad and began entering some queries to the holonet:

Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Jedi influence/presence on Alderaan
Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Sith influence/presence on Alderaan
Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Jedi influence/presence on Tython
Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Sith influence/presence on Tython


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

They are watching me still... Chal mused.

They try to lull me into a false sense of security... but I can play the role. Oh yes... , then he gave a half sob, scared.

Curse them, and curse that damn Hutt!, I could be hurt or tortured by these... criminals, at any time. I very nearly was!

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8
Thollus wrote:

Sitting in the sun, Thollus drew out his datapad and began entering some queries to the holonet:

Gather Information 1d20+8 Jedi influence/presence on Alderaan
Gather Information 1d20+8 Sith influence/presence on Alderaan
Gather Information 1d20+8 Jedi influence/presence on Tython
Gather Information 1d20+8 Sith influence/presence on Tython

Jedi Presence: The REPUBLIC is here to support Duke Chal Organa to bring peace to Alderaan. The Jedi are here to see that peace is achieved.

Sith Presence: the Sith Empire is here supporting House Thul and their bid for the throne. House Thul want to control Alderaan and not bring peace to the people of Alderaan.
Jedi Presence on Tython: All you know from that roll is that Tython is the Jedi Homeworld.
Sith Influence on Tython: There are no references to Sith on Tython.

Grand Lodge

This gives me a lot of background and flavour - I like it


Male Human Replica Droid Noble 1

Enjoying watching the people pass by in front of him, Thollus checks his datapad's chronometer to see how much longer he can anticipate waiting for Adjua to return.

Idly examining a passing diplomat, noting instinctively the man's gait, how he holds himself, the air of authority, the arrogance in his face, Thollus enters another series of queries to the holonet:

Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Information on House Thul
Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Relations between House Valjor and House Thul
Gather Information 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Relations between house Valjor and House Organa

Grand Lodge

Good data rolls Thollus

Silver Crusade

male Human Atlanteologist 10/G.eneral O.perations D.irector 8

Okay here we go!

--------------------

A couple of House Thul come into the dock. "Well, now that House Organa is not doing anything, lets trash their space port!" said one of the youths. And they get out blasters and start blasting the place!

---------

Results of rolls:

House Thul is the rival house for the Alderaanian throne. They are allied with the Empire, who supports them in their bid for power. They rely on battle droids for heavy fighting.

The relationship is quite complex. Over the years, house Valjor has supported any house it can, and usually it;s mostly house Palantir. Through the years, Valjor has supported House Thul in many battles in the past, even after Alderaan outlawed ballistic weapons (rifles, pistols). However, despite owing House Thul many favors, House Valjor has sided with House Organa, with which it supported more in the past.


Male Neimoidian Scoundrel/1 (Slicer)

Perception roll at a reasonably big negative - in a closed room in a ship

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Chal raises his head and moves it slighty as if trying to assess what he is hearing is from his viewing of a popular holo-soap opera (All your base beyond to us) or something else.

51 to 100 of 193 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, Season 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.