Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

StarWars Imperial Commandos, A Deepening Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Kip84

You have been selected from various divisions of the Imperial Army to form a new commando unit to spearhead battles, investigate rebel sleeper cells, and control and react to rebel terrorism in the core worlds.


451 to 500 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Gm Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 4
Two unmarked swoop bikes flash past over head ' Vaaaar... rooom, roooom ' they continue of for a bit the engine noise fading before it begins to grow again as they come back over for another pass.

There's plenty of sewer grates on the sides of the street to enter the sewers if thats the way you choose


Human Scout 5

"Sir. We must move now, sir. Once we're spotted we'll be pinned down here and our mission will become much more dangerous." Iggins moves to one of the sewer grates to see how easy it is to remove.


"Into the sewers then. I don't want to be seen dropping down, and if those swoop biked report our position they may waste some time and resources looking for us.
"For the Empire!"

Jenkins walks to the grate and almost bends to lift it. Seeing that it is a large piece of durasteel he says, "Calahan, perhaps you'll get this open, then drop in last. If we are spotted dropping in make sure that they don't report it.
"Manus, take point to start off."


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

Oh no, jenkins. Show us how its done He says, waving his hand at the grate.
Chuckling as Jenins is about to say something, calahan pauses briefly and lifts the grate. If only your mother could see you now... I'll be sure to tell her next time i see her


Calahan moves to the other end of the grate that Iggins is working loose and together they pull it free and Manus droops down into the drain ankle deep in muddy water. The pipes are small, everyone's going to have to crouch doubled over to move through the sewers and there's no way the droids will be able to fit.


Human Scout 5

Iggins drops in next, wrinkling his nose distastefully at the muddy water and the smell. He takes pains to keep his precious rifle out of the water and begins moving through the pipes.


Female Human

Jack looked completely reluctant to drop into the sewer. Among other things, while her precious datapad may have been proofed against it, it was still the thought of having to drain her gear out after sloshing around down there for who knew how long. So it took her a little more time than the others to prepare for doing so.

The pouch that was on her leg got moved to her hip, which would impede her interaction with it, but keep it out of all but the worst water, while her rifle was slung on the opposite side. She crouched, about to drop through the grate, when she realized the droids were still active.

"Signal relay will be traceable at a distance, what do you want to do with the droids, Captain?"


Rolin stops at the sewer entrance a moment before dropping in after Té, relucant like the rest to wade through refuse but determined to see the job done.


Jenkins drops into the sewers, a disteful look hidden within his helmet.
"Onward and quickly, please. Let's get this over with."

Perception, looking both ways in the sewer, 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


The troop squeezes through the muck filled pipes following the directions from Té's 'pad. It's dark, rank and apart from the sloshing of legs in the mud it's quiet.

Perception DC20:
As you close in on the drain opening of the tower courtyard you spot tiny security beam emitters mounted to the walls of the pipe.


What was the decided for the droids?


Human Scout 5

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Iggins freezes, holding up his fist to signal 'All Stop' and moves to Ianthe. In a low voice, he says, "Security beam emitters up ahead. Can you bypass them?"


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

Grunting to himself, Calahan walks up to Manus and grabs him by the shoulder and waist. here, let me help he says simply as he shoves Manus down into the sewer.
A loud splat emminates from the impact as nasty unspeakable things splash up and over Manus' armor.
heads up Calahan mics as he prepares to drop. Pausing, he pulls out a small length of rope and ties it off on the underside of the manhole cover. Dropping the length of rope into the hole, Calahan then jumps down with another loud splat from the weight he carries.

Looking up, Calahan grabs the rope and pulls the manhole cover over the hole, concealing the entrance point.

nothing worse than advertising your entry point


Manus stops abruptly at Iggins warning " I think I could take care of that. " he says fishing through his tool kit he squeezes ahead and takes a look at the emitters.

Mechanics:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
After inspecting them for a minute he opens one up and fiddles with the internal components and wiring. " Ok I've rigged the receiver so it won't sense the beams being broken... " he says as he passes an arm through the area to test it. Nothing happens and it appears safe to pass.

At the grate leading into the towers courtyard everything is relatively still and quiet. The night sky and dimly lit walls of the courtyard are visible through the steel bars. The courtyard appears to be empty.


Rolin does his best not to think about what they were wading through, though he couldn't smell the refuse thanks to the atmospheric processors of his suit helmet he, being a doctor, still realized all to well the danger the slush presented. 'Too many have died from ill-information in this regard.' he thinks as the line moves forward.

Hunkering down in his place in the line he tries to see past the shoulders of those in front of him as they stop at the grate. "What's the hold up?" he hisses impatiently. "Do you realize what it is we're standing in?"


"Good work, Manus. Move on."
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Female Human

With no response being given for the droids, Ianthé shrugged and sent them in a random direction away from them and then instructed them to shut down after time had elapsed. There was not much time to do anything other than that, and she was too concerned with keeping whatever it was that they were walking in (though she mentally amended the verb to "wading") off of the pad. Cleaning it if it fell in was not something she wanted to do.

Her lips were tightly pressed together, very, very glad that she could not smell anything through the filters of the suit.


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

this thread starting to die???


rolls:
Str check: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Manus strains to lift out the metal grate from the drain to allow access for the team into the courtyard. It comes free as he gives it a shove and he gently slides it aside trying to minimise the scraping noise of steel on crete. He crawls through the opening ans heads for the door after glancing this way and that. " Looks clear" he says over the comm.


"All right. Party is about to start. Make some haste, people. Let's go."
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Human Scout 5

Iggins moves out, keeping his eyes open and his rifle ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Rolin follows out as stealthily as he can, gripping his pistol in both hands he looks every which way for signs of movement.

Stealth 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Jenkins takes a quick moment to thank the gods that his vaccines are up to date. He still tris to avoid the muck dripping down as his team ascmeds from the sewers.


Female Human

Relieved to exit the stench and waste of the sewers, Jack crawled as quietly as possible, gaining her footing and moving her datapad back to its place on her thigh. Tapping it twice, she set it to receive any signals passively, so they might have any idea of what they were walking into.


The squad emerges from the drain to find themselves in a duracrete walled courtyard empty apart from the rubbish strewn around. Old drums, appliances and food packaging lie all around the yard though the refuse is not large enough in any one spot for a human sized being to be hiding in. Manus stands by the slightly open door listening and peering through a small crack. " The door was already breached sir. I think I hear something inside. "


"Good, it'll make it easier on us. Callahan, lead them in."


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

right calahan mics back.
everyone, check your mags. put fresh ones in. Things will be tight inside, so be sure to have muzzle awareness and to check your sectors. Enemy awareness. Be sure of the target before you shoot at it. He instructs as he moves forward, slapping a fresh magazine in the heavy rifle, a fresh frag grenade in the grenade launcher, and ensureing that a HE round is in the missle launcher.

looking over the group, calahan sounds off alright. im first. Te, your second. Manus third. Jenkins and Rolin. Iggins, you'll be rear guard. I know you're a hell of a shot, and would love to be up front, but if we have to leave, post haste, you'll be our point man.

Bringing up the grenade launcher to his shoulder and sighting down the barrel. Let's move He says as he steps through the door into the entry area.


Female Human

A tap of her datapad set it to standby, knowing that she was going to need her full attention without the extra clutter of the display inside her helmet, and un-slung her weapon, taking position behind Calahan. She watched his left, making sure that she was moving wide enough to allow anyone behind her to fire. [b]"Got your left"[/ooc], she said, looking ahead.


Calahan slides the busted door aside and it grumbles on its tracks. He steps into the dark closely followed by Ianthé. The light from your glowrods falls on large duracrete foundation pillars and more trash littered around on the floor heaped up in places. It looks like some sort of disused basement. A sort of quiet scraping scratching noise echos around as you first enter but dies down as you shine the lights around.


Human Scout 5

Iggins reloads, checking the action before following Calahan into the building. He keeps his eyes open, looking around alertly.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


“Eyes open, team. This looks like a perfect spot to find hidden loot. Get your bags ready."

Jenkins moves in cautiously, a deep frown on his face (behind his helmet). He holds an armed grenade in his hand.


Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


The team move out across the trash filled basement heading for the service lift marked on the schematics that Ianthé pulled. When you reach it however the lift controls are dead, while Manus flips open a panel and begins inspecting the controls everyone hears a low animal like " Hiiisssss " but it's Iggins beam that falls upon a white bloated face before it ducks behind the mounds of garbage.


Human Scout 5

"Captain? What the shuta is that?!?" Iggins tracks its movements with his rifle, ready to fire if it makes any threatening movement.


[b[]"G'ah! I don't know. Just shoot it! But quietly."[/b]
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

Rolling his eyes, Calahan lifts up his visor and speaks in a sarcastic mocking tone.
When you ladies are done pissing in your skirts and clutching your purses, how bout you use your brains and put a knife in the brain case of that thing.

Catching Te's eye, he does a slow, deliberate wink at her.

Or if you need instructions in how to man up, ask Te. I am sure she will be a good teacher. You don't see her screeching like a cheap wench.

stepping up to manus, he mutters to manus' ears only

manus:
Please tell me you can open this thing before they pull out their knitting needles and make me a sweater


Iggins tracks the thing with his rifle as it dashes off on all fours but he looses sight of it in the mounds of rubbish. A minute later of scanning the trash with glowrod beams and the beast lets out another low " Hiiissss " which is answered by a second and third from deeper back in the room.

Manus Mechanics:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Manus turns from the open control panel for the lift " Sir there's not much I can do here, none of the wires have power! "

GM roll:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Perception DC 21:
You spot the bloated face watching you from between two trash hills.


Female Human

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
The eyebrow that was Jack's response to Callahan's wink would go unseen, as she had and would keep her helmet on. There was too much useful information fed through the display that she would need. Shaking her head-- mostly to herself, she frowned at the thought of them revealing themselves through use of their guns.. Any explosion would immediately make their location suspect.

From the outside, it looked like she shook her head as she slung her rifle, and drew the vibrodagger that was part of her kit. Her voice came through the speakers of their helmets, broadcasting on the teamcomm.
"No giving away our position. This is going to get ugly before too soon."


Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

"Over there. I see it between those two trash heaps." Rolin cracks over the mic in a low voice, indicating the direction. "Looks like a bloated face. Didn't see what it was attached too."


"Any idea what that thing is? Doc?

anyone got ranks in Knowledge Life Sciences?


Yup.
Kn; Life Sciences: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Umm... It's aaah.."


Human Scout 5

"It's dead if I see it again." Iggins mutters, lining up his shot.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 3d12 + 3 ⇒ (2, 8, 11) + 3 = 24


Rolin:
This looks like the early forms of Rakghoul disease, an illness that originated on Taris thousands of years ago due to the poor hygiene in the underworld of that planet. Your quite surprised to see it here however as the disease was supposed to be wiped out. The pathogen is normally passed on by a bite from an infected creature, the hosts metabolism speeds up and they become rabid as the disease breaks down their cells they turn a sickly white colour and grow cancerous lumps all over their body. From the head shape you'd guess this used to be a Neimoidian or a Duros...

The beast breaks from the cover of the trash heaps bounding towards you on all fours (though it looks bipedal). Hiss turning into a growl it springs through the air at Rolin only to be shot down as Iggins brings his rifle up ZAPP! the bolt of energy hitting it directly in the chest it hits the ground wailing and writhing in pain.

Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 7 1d20 ⇒ 15

Perception DC17:
Despite the cries of the injured beast you hear something being knocked over back the way yo came in amongst the trash.


Human Scout 5

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Captain! We have more than one hostile! I hear movement near our entrance point." Iggins keeps his rifle on the injured thing, but keeps his ears open for any other hostiles.


"Manus, how's it going? Give me a look.
"The rest of you spread out and go looking for this thing. It seems they drop easily. We don't want a wamp rat to give away our position if we can help it."

Mechanics 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Hoping to get some power to the wires, somehow. Perhaps with an energy cell from the utility belt.


Female Human

Ianthé looked to the person closest to her, and moved with Callahan, figuring that he could cover her with his weapons in the result it became necessary. She switched the knife in her hand to a better grip and bumped his shoulder, pointing in the direction that she was intending to move.

'If anyone would have told me I'd be in a basement on the mission, hunting trash creatures, I'd have laughed at them', she thought. 'Joke's on me.'

Waiting for Callahan's acknowledgement, she held her position and kept her eyes open.


M elf-orc 1st cleric seperatist
quick info:
HPs 10 AC 19 F=4 R=2 W=5

Oh gosh, no sir. we wouldnt want to have something behind us forcing us to shoot it, thus giving away our position. Calahan stops, looks at Iggins, and then slaps his hand over his mouth OOPS! I spoke too late

Shaking his head, he drops his blaster rifle, and raises the missle launcher.

Te, is there a staircase around here?


Ianthé:
Checking the schematics on her Datapad again Ianthé sees the only other points of interest in this level are a small chute on the west wall and the air refresher vents in the ceiling.

Rolin:
This looks like the early forms of Rakghoul disease, an illness that originated on Taris thousands of years ago due to the poor hygiene in the underworld of that planet. Your quite surprised to see it here however as the disease was supposed to be wiped out. The pathogen is normally passed on by a bite from an infected creature, the hosts metabolism speeds up and they become rabid as the disease breaks down their cells they turn a sickly white colour and grow cancerous lumps all over their body. From the head shape you'd guess this used to be a Neimoidian or a Duros...

" Oh good idea sir. There might just be enough power in these cells to operate the door. " Manus takes out his own energy cell and both of you set about stripping wires and connecting the cells.

The work on the door will take a few minutes at least and your not sure it will work. Can I get actions from everyone else? I'll post a map of the level tonight.


Female Human

Doing what she could to keep an eye on her surroundings, Jack dropped one hand to her datapad and tapped it a couple of times, pulling up the schematics and comparing them with where they were. After a few seconds of looking, her response to Callahan's question was a shake of her head, pointing out the only accesses that she could find.

"Chute. Vent."
Her other hand still had her vibrodagger pulled and held in a guard position, waiting for whatever those things were to show themselves in reach of her attack.


<MAP>

451 to 500 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / StarWars Imperial Commandos, A Deepening Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.