Space Hulk!!!

Game Master Radavel


1 to 50 of 102 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

"Brothers of the Deathwatch, Assemble!" shouts Brother-Captain Ivar Forkbeard, as he finishes the briefing and brief it was. You are the only defense against the Space Hulk designated Doom of Primus, as it hurtles from the furthest reaches of space to the 10 billion souls on the Hive World of Primus VIII.

You make your way swiftly to the teleportarium. The strike frigate, Ajax, is equipped with such, fortunately.

You feel the ship rock as its macrobatteries hurl city-block sized munitions to a target the size of a moon.

You pause for a moment as the serfs mag-strap the atomic device to your backpack that should prove the death of the space hulk, if they are planted in the right places. The information is uploaded into your suits memory banks.

You pray to the Emperor that your actions find favor in His eyes, for death surely awaits.

You step onto the teleportarium dais.

"Ave Imperator!"


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

Nemiel steps proudly onto the dais, prepared to meet the forces of the alien, the heretic, and the traitor with holy bolter fire and cleaving blade.


Battle-brother Afan Driscol makes ready to destroy yet another threat to the imperium. Wordlessly he kneels on the dais, one large hand on his claymore pommel and the other on its hilt, sword tip lightly resting on the sacred floor.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Aurilous joins his battle brothers, standing proudly by their side.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

Brother Scipio readies his boltgun and checks over his gear. Where his chapter heraldry should be on his pauldron was an empty black field. The astrates was old, exactly how old was unknown.

I imagine it's sorted IC but OOC we'll need to pick a Kill Team Leader, then an oath. Scipio can do the job but others might have interest. Also what's our requisition for the mission?

Dark Archive

I suggest the selection of the Leader and the Oath be done off-screen so to speak. Oh and the Discussion Thread is now open.

The power coils of the teleportarium start to energize and glow.

One of the serfs can be heard singing a little ditty to calm himself.

"There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me:
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie"

"Heresy!!!" shouts one of the other serfs and the supervisor pulls a bolt pistol and ends the song before it could infect others.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Aurilous shook his head at the navy’s waste of life. It was like throwing away a chipped tool. Even if you have plenty of them, it was still a waste. But, at the end of the day, it wasn’t his lane, so there was no point getting worked up about it. He waited patiently for the process to continue.

Dark Archive

No more Astartes coming I suppose. so Onwards!!!!

The sudden burst of power hurls all of you through the immaterium. Your mind barely registers the empyrean and the ravening mouths desirous of devouring your souls. An instant later you are in a different of metal halls. You are on the Doom of Primus. Your dataslate signify that you are ten kilometers away from the primary target and still further away from the secondary targets.

The vox wakes with the following communication: "Kill-Team, Ajax here. Good hunting. Signal for retrieval."


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

As the group was rocketed through the void, Nemiel took the briefest of moments to look at each member of his kill team. He nodded at what he saw, and if he was gazed upon in turn, he seemed to shine with a radiant inner light seemed to particularly appeal to the maws, as they began to reach towards him, corporeal reality reasserted itself, and then there was a chirping in the vox.

For his part, Nemiel said nothing, but drew his forcesword instead. Unlike the force weapons of other chapters, the blade on Nemiel's forcesword was impossibly thin, to the point where the tip was not viewable by the normal human eye. Likewise, as he drew the blade, it shone with the same light as came from Nemiel during the trip through the void, only his blade was a candle compared to the bonfire that was Nemiel.

Turning to the others, Nemiel said simply "I am the Emperor's sword."


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Aurilous looked impassively at the other members of his squad. His role was to keep them alive, or alternatively, to bring back their gene seed. From what he had been briefed on, it was likely that he would have to take the alternative path for at least one of them. And a large part of this role was understanding whom he was fighting with.

The sanguiniary priest held his bolter at the ready. With it's chainsword attachment, it was as deadly in close combat as it was at range. It was not a common weapon, for the bolter or the chainsword alone would be take a strong man to hold. Having both put together, and with the revving of the blades; it would take superhuman strength to use it effectively. Luckily, that is exactly what they all possessed. But with ten billion souls depending on them, would it be enough?


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

Brother 'Scipio' was an old soul and had an economy of movement about his actions. He took out his Cartograph to make sure it began mapping around them, the dataslate would be useful but Space Hulks were treacherous and a map that updated itself might make the difference between life and death.

The chainsword at his hip stood ready for his call to action. He kept his boltgun in one hand with his flamer over his shoulder ready to be deployed.

"On a Space Hulk with no Tactical Dreadnought Armour. May the Emperor lend our armours' machine spirits strength. Let's keep our eyes peeled for ambushes, traps and hazards." This mission would be a test of skill and resolve.


Afan comes up from his knee after the short ride through the Immaterium, blue armor articulating effortlessly as the overly large brother comes his feet. Sacris blade comes up to rest on his shoulder, the large blade gleaming in the light from his armor.

No sound emits from the brother's vox as he motions down the hall towards the primary target. Without waiting for the other's to form up, Afan begins the long trudge down through the hulk.

Dark Archive

Team Leader kindly advise how you wish to deploy. Head to primary target 1st?


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

Did we figure out who our team leader was?


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

It looks like its Scipio... probably

"Brothers let us proceed to the primary objective. Brother Afan, will you take point. I will support you next in line. Apothecary Aurilous then and finally Librarian Nemiel holding the rear."

"These passages can be used to our advantage to bottleneck foes. This is a Space Hulk, a test of endurance, even the most skilled sword arm will grow weary against the multitudes we may face here." Scipio will get the group into support range leaving three meters between each marine to minimise damage to the group from area effect weapons. He gets those who are willing into Squad Mode. He details tactics to the others for this place to best use the terrain to their advantage.

Command test 33 or less to pass: 1d100 ⇒ 35
Costs two cohesion. Current Cohessiom 5/7

Stand with your Brothers
Action: Half Action
Cost: 2
Sustained: Yes
Effects: Squads of Marines Errant are often required to fight in the close confines of ship to ship boarding actions, pressing down cramped corridors or leading assaults through rents in bulkheads. While this is a skill which is most useful in space combat it can be translated into any situation where Battle-Brothers must fight shoulder pad to shoulder pad with little or no room to manoeuvre. The Battle-Brother and those within Support Range of him do not obscure lines of fire for each other or incur penalties to hit because they are in the way. In addition, Battle-Brothers may move through each other or switch positions during their movement even if there would not normally be enough room to do so.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

”Affirmative.” Aurilous’ voice cracked over the vox.

Thanks for the rules post


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

"Let us go and bring the Emperor's light to a place that has long lacked it's touch." says Nemiel in response to the commands. He the takes up the rear position.

Dark Archive

MisterLurch should be joining us. Scipio, you're team leader. I need an affirmative if you're headed to the primary target.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

Heading to the Primary target

Dark Archive

The team moves out quickly in the direction of the primary target.

There are several climbing obstacles. Wading through the space hulk to the primary target should normally cost you 20 hours. Roll Climb check. For every one degree of success you reduce the time needed to reach the primary target by one hour to a minimum travel time of 5 hours.


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

Climb: 1d100 ⇒ 52 A failure, but not a degree of failure.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

1d100 ⇒ 47

Success, but not by much.

The sanguinary priest followed behind Brother Nemiel, keeping up as good a pace as he could, given the conditions.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

Ye've done better than you think. Unless the GM specifies otherwise the player should assume none combat difficulty is Ordinary +10. When you have unnatural strength x2 you reduce the difficulty of the tests for unnoppossed tests by one step... so it's a +20 check
Guys your power armour is giving ye +20 Strength.

TLDR: Your target number is your Strength Stat +40
Nemiel got 3 Degrees
Aurilous got 4 Degrees

Climb 95 or Under: 1d100 ⇒ 61
3 Degrees of Success


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Ah...in that case a resounding success. Thank you.


Climb 91: 1d100 ⇒ 40 5 degrees.

Afan quietly moves through the hulk, aiding his brothers every step of the way. This mission would require all of them to succeed.


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.

Following the beacon that is the Primary Objective, Feliks climbs steadily.

Climb vs 83: 1d100 ⇒ 27, 5 DoS.

Dark Archive

As Astartes, you prove once again the brillant work of the Emperor as you breeze through the obstacles placed in your path. You arrive at the primary target: a plasma engine chamber that is so cavernous that your footfalls create echoes.

-10 Tech-Use check please.


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

While Brother Feliks applied the work of the machine spirit to the task at hand, Nemiel took a moment to scan the ebbs and flows of the warp for the taint of the psycker, the Daemon, or the unclean.

Psyniscience: 1d100 ⇒ 27 that is 1 degree of success, if it matters.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

"Brothers I suggest we space our to within no closer than five meters of each other to reduce impact of explosive and spray weapons while Techmarine Felik's tends to his duty." Scipio moves into position taking cover from some large piece of machinery "Brother Afan, I'd appreciate you being in a centralized position so you can redeploy to counterstrike any enemy assault."


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.

Tech-Use vs 36: 1d100 ⇒ 87.
Not on the primary objective. Using 1 fate to re-roll.
Tech-Use vs 36: 1d100 ⇒ 21, 1 DoS.

Dark Archive

Techmarine Feliks informs the rest of the squad that the plasma engine is active though its pulse is irregular, which hints at a yet unknown type of problem. This could be a plus since you're here to blow things up.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

"Techmarine Feliks, do you require more time to examine the machine spirits?"


Afan takes up his ordered position, ancient blade gleaming in his hand as he prepares to leap towards any foe that may accost them.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Aurilous levels his Bolter down the corridor they came from, guarding that approach against any foe who would accost them.


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.

Feliks turns aside from his examination of the plasma engine, "Brother Scipio, the plasma engine is currently active, but with some kind of a problem I have yet to identify; the pulse of the engine is irregular. Perhaps this will aid our Objective, perhaps not. I estimate it more likely that it will be beneficial to our goals."


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

"Take what time you need, if we need to redeploy for your to divine more about the relevant machine spirits let us know. There's no sign any local forces are aware of our presence yet." Checking his cartography Scipio begins to consider how to advance, considering routes that would avoid attention and hazards... as best he could given the treacherous reputation of Space Hulks.


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.

Feliks simply salutes Brother Scipio before turning back to the plasma engine. He moves to a data port at one of the nearby control panels and directs the servo-skull accompanying him to conduct its own analysis.

Connecting his electro-graft to the data port, Feliks tries to get a better understanding of what is wrong with the engine.

Servo-Skull Tech-Use vs. 35: 1d100 ⇒ 87.

Electro-Graft +10.
Tech-Use vs. 46: 1d100 ⇒ 42.


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

Did I sense anything?

Dark Archive

Brother Nemiel

Spoiler:

The warp taint that permeates the entire space hulk prevents you from getting a better understanding of the pulsing plasma engine. Though for a moment, you saw some flashes from the chamber that made you think of damned souls drowning in a sea of fire.

Dark Archive

The servo skull interface was a failure. Luckily, the smoking port did not set off the plasma chamber.

The electro-graft was more successful though.

Sifting through accumulated data. There seems to be a lot. Quite a lot of data.

Those in sentry/overwatch stations kindly roll Awareness.


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

@Aurilous. We've all got Awareness trained, Autosenses give us a +10, Heightened Senses Sight and Hearing usually give us a +10

Awareness 62 or under: 1d100 ⇒ 953 Degrees of Failure


Awarness=56: 1d100 ⇒ 21 3 degrees success.

Afan stands at the ready, twitching slightly as if reacting to something not quite there.


HP (42/42) Saves (6/7/5) AC (18/18/14) MF (4/4) To Hit (+8 or +7/+6) Damage (1d6+7) Ranged (+8 or +6/+6) Damage (2d6+4) Perception (+10) Athletics (+10) Acrobatics (+10) Influence (+5)

Ah, thanks for explaining the bonuses

Awareness 70 or under: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Aurilous stayed motionless, weapon at the ready. The day was young and his senses were still sharp.


Dark Angels Rank 1 Librarian

Nemiel hisses and says "This structure is rife with the taint of the immaterium. There may well be the unclean aboard."

Dark Archive

Success on Awareness

Spoiler:

Your autosenses detect movement; while the auspex display in your HUD reveals multiple targets moving from the direction you came from. Shapes appear to represent organic creatures.


Afan makes one of his rare utterances. "Multiple organics inbound from our point of entrance."

If there is no surprise round I will call a lightning strike costing 2 cohesion and giving myself a surprise round when they show up.


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.
Radavel wrote:

The servo skull interface was a failure. Luckily, the smoking port did not set off the plasma chamber.

The electro-graft was more successful though.

Sifting through accumulated data. There seems to be a lot. Quite a lot of data.

Those in sentry/overwatch stations kindly roll Awareness.

Is this your way of saying keep rolling for the extended test?

Dark Archive

Each attempt at tech-use will require you to spend a minute. Degrees of success will reduce the time you need to find what you are seeking. What info do you wish to find? Note if you make another interface attempt you cannot respond to any external stimuli.


Iron Hands Techmarine (Rank 1) | Wounds: 19/19 | Armor rating: 8 | Fate: 3/3 | Renown: 0 | Active Conditions: None.

He would mostly be seeking to find out if the strange rhythm would be likely to jeopardize their mission in any way.

Afan's statement is met with a stillness in Feliks. Without turning away from the plasma engine he speaks on the squad vox net, "Brother Scipio, determining the potential impact on our mission of the unusual rhythm in the plasma engine will take some time. I will not be able to respond to external threats. Shall I engage the Engine, or shall I engage the approaching threats?"


TB: 8, Wounds: 21/21, Fate Points: 2/3, Cohesion 5/7

"If it is of significance enough to require your assistance we will notify you but feel free to use your discretion if you wish to enter the combat. Brothers overlapping fields of fire on that entry point. Librarian Nemiel will you initiate codex pattern fire for effect."

@Feliks I hope we can handle it but if you feel you'd be bored kill some stuff!

Overwatch should let us thin the herd. If it's a horde fire for effect will be very handy since we can't dodge their attacks so shooting them with our bolt pistols will do well. If not it's still handy and worst case us it just before your go and you'll get your reaction back on your go.

1 to 50 of 102 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Space Hulk!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.