Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


351 to 400 of 2,244 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard spins Heartstriker around above his head, his other hand moving in arcane gestures, channeling another spell into the blade. The black sword glows with a cold light as Enard strikes again and again.

Using spell combat and spellstrike.
Cast Chill Touch and channel into blade with spellstrike.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus negative energy 1d6 ⇒ 5 plus make DC 14 Fort save or lose 1 point of strength.
Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 plus negative energy 1d6 ⇒ 3 plus make DC 14 Fort save or lose 1 point of strength.
Concentration to cast defensively: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 vs DC 17
(Note chill touch allows one use per level, Enard is attempting to use two this round thanks to spell combat).

EDIT: possible crit on attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus negative energy 1d6 ⇒ 6 plus make DC 14 Fort save or lose 1 point of strength.

Guess not …
EDIT 2, forgot about horse.

Swift shrieks in pain and fear, a horrible sound, as it lashes out instinctively at the croc with both front hooves, hampered as it is. Enard grips the horse with his knees as he attempts to keep his seat and attack.

Ride check to guide with knees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 vs DC 5, check to take full round action while horse makes full attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs DC 10

Two hoof attacks: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. (includes penalties for attacking whilst being grappled)


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

The croc died before my initiative, which means no MAN TIME. Probably best for all involved.

Urzur continues swimming for it, heading for solid ground so that he can make is stand. More importantly, he gets angry.

Rage, then withdraw to I-10

Swim1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10

Hp: 26/44


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir sends another lightning arc at a croc.

Vs. C2 if it is still alive. Vs. C4 if C2 is dead. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 (includes penalty for shooting into melee) vs touch. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 electricity damage on a hit.

Then Savendir wades to shore.


Savendir's lightning arc misses crocodile 2. Urzur successfully evades the crocodiles bearing down on him and swims to shallower water. Enard, with Heartstriker charged with his magic, makes quick work of the crocodile biting down on his horse. The dying crocodile releases its grip on the horse and floats unconscious down stream.

Crocodile 4 slaps its tail at Flavia and then turns quickly trying to bite her.

C4: Tail Slap: 1d20 ⇒ 9, damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; Bite + Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12, grapple CMB 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

The crocodile's tail misses as Flavia jumps to avoid it. However, she is not as fortunate as it swings quickly around and clamps down hard on her leg. Fortunately for Flavia, the crocodile's teeth just miss severing any major arteries. However, the crocodile refuses to let go of her.

Crocodile 3 swims in pursuit of Urzur. When it reaches him, it tries to bite and grab him.

C3: Bite + Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, grapple CMB 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

The crocodile successfully grabs Urzur in its jaws and he is unable to break free.

Edit: possible critical bite on Flavia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Whew misses.


Mason seeing the crocodiles successfully bite several of the party moves up the shore, holds out Desna's holy symbol and entreats her to send her healing energy to his friends. Move to M6

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2 This will heal everybody including the two living crocodiles. The dying ones have already floated out of range of the healing burst.

Order of action
Flavia
Matsumoto
Savendir
Urzur
Enard
Crocodiles
End of round 5
Mason

Updated Map

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Smiling as the Crocodile before him floats away downstream, Rokuro turns his attention to the opponent behind him, bringing Akari around in a wide slash.

Attack C4 with Akari: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (Oh dear, this could be rather distressing)
Confirm Critical Miss: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Matsumoto Rokuro wrote:

Smiling as the Crocodile before him floats away downstream, Rokuro turns his attention to the opponent behind him, bringing Akari around in a wide slash.

Attack C4 with Akari: 1d20 + 5 (Oh dear, this could be rather distressing)
Confirm Critical Miss: 1d20 + 5

LOL - you are ok, I don't do critical misses in my games. I was convinced by son who introduced me to DnD that critical misses don't make sense for trained fighters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia yowls as the croc clamps onto her leg, then draws her dagger. "This is.. the worst.... date... ever," she grunts through gritted teeth as she tries to stab the thing in the eye.

Move to sheathe rapier, quick draw dagger, stabbity versus its -4 to dex. Attack at +6 -2 grappled - 2 dex penalty for +2 total, ouch. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage.


Flavia struggles with the crocodile but manages to stab at the crocodile gripping her leg with her dagger. It plunges into the snout of the crocodile but crocodile maintains its hold on her.

Matsumoto does his best to help Flavia taking a swing with Akari but he loses his footing in the soft river bed and misses wildly.

Order of action
Savendir
Urzur
Enard

Crocodiles
End of round 5
Mason
Flavia
Matsumoto


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Let's try this again.

Savendir sends a lightning arc at the crocodile.

Vs. C4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 vs touch. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 electricity.


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

HP: 18/44, Rage Round 2.

Urzur was angry, and not exactly thinking clearly. So this Crocogator was biting him and grabbing on to him. He needed to kill the thing... how to do it? First, he needed to not be being eaten by it. He attempts to break the grapple with the crocodile.

Reckless Abandon, attempt to escape grapple. No penalty CMB vs target's CMD-2 from dex penalty: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

If it works, he backs off to shore. Moving to I5.


Savendir's lightning arc hits this time and does quite a bit of internal damage as the electricity surges through the crocodile's body. Urzur channels his rage into a powerful force and breaks free of the crocodilec's hold on him.

Enard is up


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

His horse somewhat soothed and calmed by Mason’s healing energy, Enard looks around to take stock of the situation. Flavia seems to the most in danger, so he wheels Swift about and directs the horse through the shallow water, stabbing his still icy blade down at the crocodile that has Flavia snared.

Direct horse (with knees) to LM 9 10 and urge it to attack.
Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18, Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Horse hoof attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Sword attack, using spellstrike (one more use of chill touch remaining): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 negative energy plus Fort save Dc 14 or lose 1 point of strength.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:

Flavia yowls as the croc clamps onto her leg, then draws her dagger. "This is.. the worst.... date... ever," she grunts through gritted teeth as she tries to stab the thing in the eye.

Ha!


Enard rides to the rescue. Between his horse's hoof attack and his sword, Enard is able to kill the crocodile and free Flavia. The dying crocodile releases its grip on Flavia's leg and floats harmlessly down the river.

With its prey slipping out of its grip and heading onto shore. The last remaining crocodile turns for something closer, and finds Flavia. It tries to subdue her first with its tail slap and then tries to bite and hold her.

C3: Tail Slap: 1d20 ⇒ 4, damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14; Bite + Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6, grapple CMB 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Flavia is too quick for the crocodile however, and she is able to deftly avoid its attacks.


Order of action
Mason
Flavia
Matsumoto
Savendir
Urzur
Enard

Crocodile
End of round 6

Updated Map


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia wades frantically back towards shore, blood streaming down her leg to stripe the water, and covering her retreat with a wildly slashing dagger. "Come on after me, big and ugly. Let's see how far you get with badass Enard right there."

Whatever Mason does, Flavia withdraws to L5.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason, relieved that there is only one crocodile left, assumes he can get a crossbow bolt off. There would be time for healing later.

1d8 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir draws his longbow and looses an arrow at the remaining croc.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d8 ⇒ 4

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Seeing only one remaining Crocodile, Rokuro moves up to help end it's menace. Unfortunately his slog through the water has dulled his swing and it goes wide.

Move Action: Move to K11
Attack C3 with Akari: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

I’ll wait for Urzur; if he charges back in there to attack the last croc, there may be no need for Enard to take an action.


Mason let's loose another bolt. This time it catches the crocodile as it coils to attack Flavia again. The bolt plunges deep into the crocodile's tough hide.

Flavia successfully evades the gaping jaws of the crocodile and makes it safely to shore.

Matsumoto swings at crocodile but misses.

Savendir draws his long bow and unleashes an arrow at the beast, but the beast zigs instead of zags as it searches for a different prey and the arrow goes harmlessly into the water.

Order of action
Urzur
Enard

Crocodile
End of round 6
Mason
Flavia
Matsumoto
Savendir


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

HP 18/44, Rage round 3

Urzur draws his own bow. Lord knows he rarely uses it... but he attempts to fire at the crocodile.

ARCHERY, looks like shooting into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

I'd charge in and stab it, but a quick count of distance said it'd take a double-move to get back to where I was standing, and water is hindering terrain. :(


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard brings his horse around again, moving in to engage the last remaining reptile whilst being careful to avoid its snapping jaws and thrashing tail.

He urges his horse to attack while he spins his black sword around, attempting to pierce the reptile’s brain with its point.

Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 (attack with mount), Ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (guide with knees)

Horse attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Black blade attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Between Mason and Urzur's projectiles, and Enard's horse and blade the last crocodile falls under the onslaught. The crocodiles have been defeated.

xp award: 500 each


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

As the last crocodile washes downstream, Savendir tends to the immediate needs of people and horses alike.

Channel energy 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia had had her hand pressed to her bleeding leg to stanch the flow of blood, but uncovers the wound as Savendir's healing energy makes the flesh whole. She smiles at him. "Thank you, Savendir, for the healing, and you, Enard, for the rescue. I owe you one."

Crouching at the riverside, she washes the gick from her dagger and heads towards Blazing Doom to fetch something dry from her pack to wipe down her weapons. "That went well, don't you think?" she says brightly.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“Oh I am good,” Enard murmurs to himself, urging Swift back to shore. “Oh alright, we are good,” he adds, glancing at the black sword held easily in one hand.

“Is everyone alright?” he asks, once he gets back up onto the river bank. “Next time I make this journey ... I am going to go via Harse. Shall we be off?”


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

"Yes, I think we had better, before more predators catch the trail of blood in the water."

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro nods at Savendir and smiles. "Although I was not injured in this battle, I thank you Nature Warden for your healing waves."

"It is good to see that we are working together as a team after such a short time."

He wades back to shore and goes to find where his horse has gone, finding it a shirt distance away behind some bushes. He makes sure Akari is dry before putting it away, then mounts the horse and moves back to continue the journey with the others.


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

"...hate. Crocodiles. So. Much." are the only four words Urzur can get out, limping back over to his horse. (20/35 hp)

"Sorry about that. Forgot myself in the middle of that fight for a minute."


I assume you are ready to hit the trail again. So let's continue...

Having recovered partially from crossing the river, you mount up and continue your ride. After another 4 hours it is beginning to get dark, and your horses, already fatigued from the river crossing, seem ready to drop. Savendir can tell from his survival skills that you are not near any type of settlement.

Are you ready to camp for the night? If so, let me know your what precautions if any you plan to take.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Using my wand of CLW on Urzur, in case we encounter something else. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

Should we just do watches like the last time?


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Yes, let’s stick to the same watch order. A cold camp (no or concealed fire) may attract less attention, though an open fire may actually keep unintelligent wild animals away.

If possible, let’s try to choose either a high point to give us a good vantage and higher ground in the case of an attack, or a concealed location so we might remain hidden. Depending on the local terrain features.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Maybe we can find a cave or something - preferably one that's unoccupied. I don't like the idea of staying out in the dark without any way to see. A cave gives us a single point to defend.


As the sun sets, you survey the scenery around you. Far off toward the East you can see the Mindspin Mountains but it is too far to ride. Closer by you, are plains much like what you have seen for the past 4 hours. You do not see any structure except for an occasional tree that will offer protection. It appears you must sleep under the stars tonight. You do see that there is enough dry brush around to start a fire if you wish.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

"Perhaps a fire would be prudent. While we have been set upon by bandits, I can't imagine there are so many of them so far from the road. What profit is in it for them? The animals seem a more likely threat."


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

(24/35), and my thanks.
"Bandits or no bandits, after a good battle and a cold bath the best thing in the world's a roaring fire." Urzur agreees. "Ale too, but we don't have any of that."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Fire. Yes. Fire good," Flavia says nervously.


A small campfire is started and you all settle down for the night.

I'll need perception checks from everyone on watch.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia takes second watch again because that went so well last time.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Tired from gator rasslin' and bleeding, Flavia zones out a bit during her watch.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 13


15 Lamashan 4711

Aside from the occasional rustling of unseen creatures in the night, the evening passes quietly. Savendir checks his bearings and estimates you are about a day's ride away from the dwarven city of Janderhoff.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“Well. Another day,” comments Enard, munching on some trail rations in the morning and squinting up at the sky, looking for clouds. “Anyone been to Janderhoff? Are the dwarves hospitable, friendly towards Korvosans?”

I assume we were able to get a proper night’s rest in terms of healing and preparing spells?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia yawns and stretches grumpily. "All I know is that the sun comes up awfully early outside of house walls. Nature. Bah!" She digs out some trail rations of her own and chews them gloomily. "Do they sleep indoors, that's the question. And will we be there tonight, really?"

test


Yes, you had a proper rest. All spells are reset and you gain the healing from a night's rest. A knowledge (local) check can be made to learn more about Janderhoff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Flavia Birthday Boon:

One time during this game day (15 Lamashan 4711) Flavia can make one reroll. You must announce your intention to make a reroll before I announce the results. I.e. make an edit to your post with the new roll.

Have a great birthday!


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Woo-hoo! Thank you, O Mighty and Benevolent GM.

351 to 400 of 2,244 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.