Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,156 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

The tailor gives Corvin a hard look and then rummages around in the back. He returns with a garish black and red plaid cloak, that looks a little worse for wear. "I think this will fit the bill.", he sneers.

The sister answers, "Ah yes, you are the good souls who brought the injured man to our care. Thank you. He is fine, but I am afraid he is no longer here. His friends came by earlier this morning and retrieved him. As he seemed ok to travel, we allowed him to leave. Is there anything else I can help you with?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}
GM Tordek wrote:
I'll let one of you make one heal check DC 15 to treat everyone before retiring in order to get the double level healing.

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

That was for earlier.

Savendir asks the Pharasman sister, "That is concerning, as he may be in danger. What did these friends look like?"


"Danger?" she asks, "He did not appear to be in danger to me. Unless his friends intend to embrace him to death. There were two of them. He seemed to recognize them. That is all I remember." She begins to get impatient. "If there is nothing else, I must be on my way. Cerpera speaks in about 2 hours and I still have preparations to complete."


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
The tailor gives Corvin a hard look and then rummages around in the back. He returns with a garish black and red plaid cloak, that looks a little worse for wear. "I think this will fit the bill.", he sneers.

"That'll work."

Corvin trades his horse blanket for the red tartan cloak, making sure the tailor gets a good look at his misshapen flesh and bloodstained armor, and then turns to follow Flavia.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Does the Sister seem credible?

"That's comforting news, Sister. We don't mean to trouble you; we were simply concerned about his welfare. I suppose we should be moving along. It's our first chance to hear Cerpera speak and we want to get a good spot. It looks like the crowds are already assembling."


The Sister does appear to be telling the truth.

"Yes, Cerpera always draws a large crowd. Enjoy your time in our little community." If no one asks anything else, the Sister closes the door.


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

When she does close the door, Urzur looks at Flavia and whispers. "So. We breakin' some skulls or no?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia shakes her head. "Where were you last night, huh? We could have used you. Do you guys think we have time to check out the warehouse? I admit that standing around waiting for two hours to hear some kid preach is not high on my fun list."

How long would it take us to get to the Warehouse and back, and how long before noon is it?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Flavia keeps an eye out for anybody resembling the guard who got away, or anybody who may be looking at their group crossways.


You can get to the warehouse from where you are in about 15 minutes.

Flavia doesn't see anything suspicious as she looks around.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

"I agree. We should check the warehouse out first. I want to know what's going on there."


You make your way through the growing crowd toward the warehouse. When you arrive, the warehouse looks much like you left it. The double doors to the south are still damaged. Everything else looks quiet. What do you want to do now?

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro follows the others around and is content to let them take the lead. Once at the warehouse, he does offer one comment. "I find it strange that nothing has apparently been done about the damage from last night. It looks as if nothing has changed since we left here".


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

"Maybe nobody came back to this place after all. I'm sure if they had, they would have secured the door in some way." Savendir is perplexed.


Male Human Fighter 3

"Seems a little too quiet in here. And when it's too quiet, that means that it's gonna get real loud, real soon."


Are you going to go back inside to investigate or return to the town square?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Think we should check it out?" Flavia asks uneasily, moving towards the damaged doors to peek inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human Fighter 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"Think we should check it out?" Flavia asks uneasily, moving towards the damaged doors to peek inside.

"Yeah, why the hells not..."

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

"I would also like to see if anything has changed from last night," says Rokuro moving to follow the others inside.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Between the narrow opening provided by the broken door, and the darkness inside, it is difficult to see much of anything inside from your current vantage point.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia listens at the opening in the door I guess using that Perception check. If she hears nothing, she quietly steps inside.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Everything seems quiet in the warehouse. Flavia steps through the damaged doubled doors leading into the main portion of the warehouse. In the dim light she sees that the wagon used to carry victims is gone as well as the bodies of the guards that were defeated earlier.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia pokes her head back out through the hole in the door. "Wagon's gone; so are the bodies. Guess we should have kept watch on this place last night, huh?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

"It looks like they cleaned the place out."

Were there any doors or rooms we did not check out when we were here before?


No you checked out every room before you left when you were there before.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"I can take a quick look around if you want. We've got a few minutes, I think."

If there is no dissent, Flavia trots around and checks out the office, storeroom, and cell block to see if anything is still there.


Flavia inspects the various rooms, aside the from the cells, no evidence remains of the activities being conducted in the building. The ledger, the calendar, all of it is gone.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia clambers back out the hole in the door. "Everything is cleaned out. Guess we should get to the fountain."

I thought we took the calendar and ledger along with us.


Oops, forgot, guess that explains why they aren't there :D, Everything you didn't take is now gone.

By the time you return to the fountain, a decent size crowd of about 200 people have gathered. Some are visiting the vendors set up around the perimeter of the square, while others press close to the fountain itself. It is about an hour before Cerpera speaks. Is there anything you wish to do while you wait? And where will you be standing while she speaks? You learn from the bystanders that she speaks from the middle of the fountain.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Do we want to separate and keep an eye on things once we get back, or stick together?"

Flavia will keep an eye on the crowd on the off chance that anybody from the warehouse last night is around. She'll also look for folks keeping an eye on the crowd rather than the prophet, and on the seller of the gaudy holy symbols.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"Do we want to separate and keep an eye on things once we get back, or stick together?"

Rokuro looks around the crowd gathered around the fountain and lets out a low whistle. "Truly I am amazed at how popular this Cerpera is. These people must be spiritually poor to warrant belief in this prophet."

"I believe madam Flavia has a wise idea. We should split up into groups of 2 or three to better scout out the area for potential wrongdoers. How should we split?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Let's see. Savendir can take his manservant," Flavia grins at Mason, "Urzur and Corvin could get better acquainted, and you can try to keep me out of trouble, Rokuro. What do you think?"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason looks startled, as if he'd just returned from astral travel when someone yanked on his silver cord.

"Sounds like an excellent plan to me, Flavia!"


Male Human Fighter 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"Let's see. Savendir can take his manservant," Flavia grins at Mason, "Urzur and Corvin could get better acquainted, and you can try to keep me out of trouble, Rokuro. What do you think?"

Corvin makes a noise of irritation, but nods his assent.


Sirathu Square

The link above is a map of the square. The brown area represents the corner of the Pharasma temple. The blue area is the fountain. The pink line is the lane cordoned off between the temple and the fountain to allow Cerpera to pass. Go ahead and place yourselves on the map and each make a perception check.

As you split up to investigate, you see people standing around the fountain and lining both sides of the cordoned path leading from the temple and the fountain. Others mill about in small groups through out the square.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Placed us on the map, Rokuro, but feel free to move us if you like. I made Perception 23 above - let me know if you want a different roll, GM Tordek.


Flavia Sparacino wrote:
Placed us on the map, Rokuro, but feel free to move us if you like. I made Perception 23 above - let me know if you want a different roll, GM Tordek.

I'll use your 23 Perception check, Flavia.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

I placed Savendir and Mason.

Savendir looks about for anything out of the ordinary.


and here we go again - it's spoiler time. I guess it's no surprise that the rogue is behind this.

Flavia wrote:
"Do we want to separate and keep an eye on things once we get back, or stick together?"

Flavia and Rokuro:

You over hear two people talking as they walk through the square heading north. "...Have you seen Hurst Gruhl lately?" The other answers, "No, come to think of it, I haven't seen him for a few months. I just assumed he was busy with that new warehouse they opened up in Kaer Maga..."

Savendir and Mason:

You are standing near one of the vendor booths. A booth selling Pharasma holy symbols. The booth keeper is talking to another person. "...poor Enyden Sust. She is really overworked. You'd think that Korvosa would answer he pleas for more help and send her a few more deputies. With the larger crowds here to see Cerpera, it's too much for one constable and 2 deputies to handle. They have to sleep some time..."


Male Human Fighter 3

.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Sure, blame the rogue. We should all be within sight of one another, at least. I think Corvin and Urzur need to place themselves and get their info?


Male Human Fighter 3

Placed on map.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Corvin turns to a passerby, pointing. "That's a mighty nice fountain y'all got there."


The passerby looks at Corvin nervously, "Um, yes, yes it is sir. Thank you." Other than discovering that there is large fountain in the center of the square, Corvin and Urzur neither see or hear anything of interest.

Do you want to follow up on the people you overheard? Continue to investigate? Or fast forward to Cerpera's entrance?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Stupid post monster, eating my posts! *shakes fist*

Flavia leans in to Rokuro and whispers quietly, "Did you hear that? A new warehouse opened a few months ago in Caer Maga. I wonder if it was another Carthon's?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir mutters to Mason, "It is no wonder they cannot protect the people here. The law enforcement is all but non-existent. This place is ripe for whatever plot those cultists are hatching."


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

"Not that I'm all for a lot of law enforcement, mind you, but even a little would be nice." Mason sighs. "Do you think we should talk to this Enyden Sust?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

"We should note that name. After Cerpera speaks, we might want to seek her out."


Just for your reference Nadu's companion mentioned that he originally sought help from Enyden Sust.Enyden Sust link during your original interview with him. I'll post Cerpera's arrival soon, in the mean time feel free to continue to explore and ask questions as you wish.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
Flavia leans in to Rokuro and whispers quietly, "Did you hear that? A new warehouse opened a few months ago in Caer Maga. I wonder if it was another Carthon's?"

Rokuro noods slightly.

[spoiler=Flavia]"Yes, and did you hear that their friend has disappeared in connection with the warehouse. Either he is just working there as they seem to think, or he has become a victim of the conspiracy as well it seems. Do you want to follow them and either ask them about it or continue to listen to their conversation?"[/url]
Rokuro continues to monitor the crowd, waiting patiently for Cerpera to arrive.

Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Thank you for the reminder.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia gives Rokuro a smile. "Sometimes, the direct approach works. Excuse me."

Slipping through the crowd, she moves next to the men talking about Hurst Gruhl. Planting herself in front of them, she says cheerily, "Excuse me, but were you talking about Hurst who works - worked - at Carthon's? He an old acquaintance of mine and I wanted to say hello now that I'm in town. But you say he's not around?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,156 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.