Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,060 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia pounds on the wooden block door with the hilt of her dagger. "HERE!" she yells, with little hope of being heard over the sounds of combat she perceives outside.

Spoiler:

So we have one unconscious civilian, two others with daggers, Mason with a dagger at 3 hp, and Flavia. She will put her other hidden dagger in an easily accessible place, the better for fighting with, my dear.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
Rokuro needs to make some sacrifices to the Dice Lords, sheesh.

Dice and Dice Rollers both hate me in equal measure... :'(


Another bolt hurtles toward Savendir, Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2, but rejuvenated by his healing spell, Savendir easily avoids it and the bolt harmlessly impales itself into the wall.

The other guard murmurs some more words, a dark energy emanates from his holy symbol, and Matsumoto, Corvin, and Savendir feel a searing pain as the negative energy flows through their bodies Damage:1d6 ⇒ 1 DC11 Will Save for half damage. The guard hurries back to the damaged door and quickly squeezes through.

Init
Corvin
Matsumoto (dying -6 including the additional -1 from the neg energy channel)
Savendir
Flavia
Mason

Guards

Map


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir rushes to aid Rokuro, healing the fallen man. CLW 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human Fighter 3

Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 Current hp: 11

How many guards are there? I don't see them on the map.


One guard left through the hole you made in the door and the other guard is hiding.

Anyone making a perception check >= DC19:

You spy the guard at I6. Also you hear the sound of someone shouting and pounding a door. Its coming from the heavy door at J3

Init
Corvin
Matsumoto (dying -6 including the additional -1 from the neg energy channel)
Savendir (healing Matsumoto)
Flavia
Mason

Guards


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Male Human Fighter 3

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Corvin roars in fury, tossing the body of the creature to the side and searching in vain for the remaining guard.

"COME AND GET ME YOU SON OF A B!@%$! COME AT ME!"

Delaying action until the guard acts, in order to get a better bearing on where the enemy is.


Matsumoto stabilize check: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 6 = 4

Matsumoto continues to slip closer to death. Fortunately, Savendir is able to reach him in time to heal his wounds. now at +4. As Corvin searches in vain for something to hit, the guard pops out on top of the block room and fires another bolt in his direction. attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

The bolt is wide of its mark. Corvin sees that the guard is on top of the inner block building near the corner. On the east wall of the inner building is a ladder leading to the top of the building. The ladder is 20 feet tall.

initiative
Corvin
Matsumoto
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guards


Male Human Fighter 3

Are there any crates, boxes, or other throwable items near Corvin?


As Corvin looks around the warehouse, he finds several storage crates stacked in the southwest corner of the warehouse. They are all empty except for packing material.

I'll put x's where the crates are on the map.

Map


Male Human Fighter 3

Seeing that the crates are on the other side of the room, Corvin shakes his head angrily and heads for the ladder.

The ladder seems to be only 20 feet away, so Corvin should be able to get all the way up the ladder with a double move action. Is a climb check needed for the ladder?


Yes, a double move will put you at the top of the building. No climb check needed, with your climb skill you can't fail. Are you going to go all the way to the top of the ladder? You will not be able to dismount it until your next round. Also, the ladder extends 5 feet past the top of the inner building. You will need to dismount on to square I5 if you intend to get on top of the building with the guard.

Initiative
Matsumoto
Savendir
Flavia
Mason

Guards
Corvin


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir runs out the door, looking after the guard to ensure he does not fetch reinforcements.

Moving through the door. I still have a standard action available, which I will want to use if I can see the guard. Is he visible when I step outside?


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
Yes, a double move will put you at the top of the building. No climb check needed, with your climb skill you can't fail. Are you going to go all the way to the top of the ladder? You will not be able to dismount it until your next round. Also, the ladder extends 5 feet past the top of the inner building. You will need to dismount on to square I5 if you intend to get on top of the building with the guard.

How hard would it be for Corvin to yank the guard off the platform while standing on the ladder?


Savendir: No you do not see the guard who went outside. Corvin: You can do it, you will need to make a grapple check first to grab the guard and then a strength check to pull him off. Bear in mind, he will be able to act before you get a chance to make the grapple check. Also, you will need to make an acrobatics check to keep your balance on the ladder.

Initiative
Matsumoto
Savendir (Outside with a standard action remaining)
Flavia
Mason

Guards
Corvin


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
Corvin: You can do it, you will need to make a grapple check first to grab the guard and then a strength check to pull him off. Bear in mind, he will be able to act before you get a chance to make the grapple check. Also, you will need to make an acrobatics check to keep your balance on the ladder.

Well... that's probably not a good idea, then. I guess on his action, Corvin's just going to step off the ladder at the top and attack.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

I will use my remaining actions to get back inside.

After checking to see if he could pursue the other guard, Savendir rushes back into the warehouse. "I can't see where the other one went," he yells to the others. "We are going to have to be quick here."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

*BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM*

"We're in here!"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

I still can't hear them, right?


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason helps Flavia pound on the door.

"HELP! HELP!!!"

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro pulls himself groggily to his feet and nods his thanks to Savendir. He reaches around and rummages in his pack for a second, pulling out a vial of light blue liquid. With a quick gulp he downs the whole thing and sighs as warmth spreads though his body.

Stand and Drink a Cure Light Wounds Potion.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The guard sees Corvin at the top of the ladder. He tries to shove the ladder off the wall. Strength Check (DC 5): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 *face palm* The guard is unable to get a good shove on the ladder and it resists his attempt to push it off. The guard drops his bow behind him and pulls his short sword.

As the sound of battle subsides, everyone hears the pounding on the door of the inner block building.

Initiative
Corvin
Matsumoto
Savendir
Flavia
Mason

Guards


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir goes to check the door with the pounding. If it is unlocked, he opens it carefully and looks through.


I'll have Matsumoto and Corvin delay.

Savendir finds the door is padlocked, but the keys are hanging conveniently on a hook nearby.

Initiative
Corvin
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason

Guards
Savendir (unlocks door)

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Still slightly woozy from his brush with death, Rokuro turns towards the pounding and starts to make his way towards it.


Male Human Fighter 3

Corvin steps off of the ladder and savagely shoulder-checks the guard, attempting to knock him off the roof.

5-foot step to I5

Bull rush: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


The force of Corvin's blow is enough to knock the guard off the edge of the building. Falling Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 Savendir unlocks the door and opens it.

Initiative
Flavia
Mason

Guards (1 guard prone)
Savendir
Corvin
Matsumoto

Map


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia flies out of the darkness and throws herself on Savendir.

"Savendir! Rokuro! Thank the gods you found us. It's so great to see you! We found kidnappees. Mason is really hurt, and so is one of the prisoners. Did you see our stuff anywhere? What was that crash? Where are Corvin and Enard? Do you have a light? It's pitch black in there. Ach, you guys are hurt, too. If we can find Mason's holy symbol, he can help everyone. Is there anybody left to kill?" She steps back and waves her dagger ferociously.

Move to K3 and yak a lot.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir explains hurriedly, "Glad to have found you. We are still dealing with the guards and one ran out into the street. I don't know where he's gone, but we need to act quickly."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

"Did anyone get the license number of that bulette that hit me?"


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
The force of Corvin's blow is enough to knock the guard off the edge of the building. Falling Damage: 2d6

Corvin jabs a finger at the fallen guard from atop the roof, a mad gleam in his eyes.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! NO ONE F~@+S WITH ME! NO ONE!"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Oh, there's Corvin."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

If allowable, Flavia will finish her turn with a move to J7 to see who/what Corvin is yelling at. That puts her adjacent to the guard with a dagger for an AoO if he tries to stand.

"Hello. Remember me?"


The guard sneers at Flavia and her dagger and tries to stand up. Go ahead and make your AoO, Flavia.

Assuming he makes it, he says a prayer and reaches out and touches Flavia Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19, bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 4 for 1 round. Flavia is unable to avoid his touch and her arm begins to bleed where his hand grabbed her.

A quick search of the north wall reveals a pile of clothing and equipment. It will take 1d4 ⇒ 2 round(s) to find your weapons and holy symbols in the pile of clothing.

Initiative
Savendir
Corvin
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason[/b]
Guards


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}


Dagger atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 vs his AC-4 for prone for
Dagger dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Flavia stabs her dagger into the guard causing him to grunt in pain. He still manages to touch her causing her arm to bleed.

Initiative
Savendir
Corvin
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason

Guards


Male Human Fighter 3

Anything throwable up on the roof?


Corvin Killgannon wrote:
Anything throwable up on the roof?

That would be cool, but no, there is nothing up there except for you.


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
Corvin Killgannon wrote:
Anything throwable up on the roof?
That would be cool, but no, there is nothing up there except for you.

Well, back down the ladder I guess... Either that or jumping off the roof. Jump check to tuck and roll?


Corvin Killgannon wrote:
GM Tordek wrote:
Corvin Killgannon wrote:
Anything throwable up on the roof?
That would be cool, but no, there is nothing up there except for you.
Well, back down the ladder I guess... Either that or jumping off the roof. Jump check to tuck and roll?

You can make a DC 15 Acrobatic check to avoid damage for the first 10 feet, and suffer 1d6 nonlethal damage for the second 10 feet. If you fail the check you suffer 2d6 damage and will end up prone. If try to jump on the guard, treat it as another bull rush attempt and also do 2d6 damage to the guard from your weight and spiked gauntlets.


Male Human Fighter 3

Corvin takes a flying leap from the roof, aiming directly for the fallen guard.

Bull rush: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23; damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Do I still have to make an Acrobatics roll?


Corvin Killgannon wrote:

Corvin takes a flying leap from the roof, aiming directly for the fallen guard.

Bull rush: 1d20 + 8; damage: 2d6

Do I still have to make an Acrobatics roll?

With that roll, I think the guard breaks your fall.

Corvin leaps into the air and comes straight down on the guard threatening Flavia. The weight of his body pressing his spikes into the hapless guards body.

Initiative
Savendir
Corvin (posted)
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason

Guards (1 prone, again)


bump

Initiative
Savendir
Corvin (posted)
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason

Guards (1 prone, again)


Moving things along since Savendir is on vacation.

Savendir helps Mason retrieve his gear including his holy symbol from the pile of discarded gear from past victims. Savendir's aid cuts the search time in half.

Initiative
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason (now has his gear returned to him)

Guards (1 prone, again)
Savendir
Corvin (posted)


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 26/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

That is fine. Sorry about the absence. I may be spotty this week, especially since I can only post with my phone, which makes pbps difficult.

Savendir helps Mason gather his things. "We must hurry!"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

"Thanks! I missed some of that. Now who's hurt...besides me?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Bastard!" Flavia stabs at the guy again, then back off toward her gear as she finally realizes how hurt she is.


Dagger atk: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 vs his AC-4 for prone for
Dagger dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Flavia stabs her dagger into the guard who is severely wounded at this point. The guard reaches with his hand and attacks Corvin with his bleeding touch ability Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0, damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 bleed for 1 round. Corvin easily avoids the guard's grasp.

Initiative (new round)
Savendir
Corvin
Matsumoto
Flavia
Mason

Guards (still prone)

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro shuffles over towards Mason and bows.
"Honoured Priest. I am wounded, but if others are also in need of assisstance then I will wait for their injuries to be healed."

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,060 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.