Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


951 to 1,000 of 2,339 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 to hear Corvin's battering ram act.


Map

You entered at the hole near L12 and L13. You have edit rights so go ahead and place yourselves on the map.
Guard Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Creature Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Init Order
Corvin
Matsumoto
Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guard

A bolt comes flying at Corvin as he enters the warehouse. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 The bolt pierces Corvin in the leg.

Neither Flavia nor Mason hear anything.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro takes in the scene before him and moves left to engage one of the enemies before them. He stops just shy of them though and quickly mutters some indecipherable words as he waves his hand over Akari's blade. Suddenly a cool blue flame licks its way along the blade as it becomes wreathed in fire.

Move to H11
Cast Energy Weapon (Fire) on Akari


Male Human Fighter 3

Questions: why are Flavia and Mason at the end of the initiative order? They got a 19 and an 18, respectively, while Corvin rolled a 17. Also, what are we fighting?

Corvin seems not to notice the crossbow bolt in his leg as he charges toward the nearest creature, aiming a savage punch at its head.

Moves to M9.
Spiked gauntlet: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Answer to Corvin's question, since Mason and Flavia aren't with you, I skipped over them. The guard was next in the order than Corvin. You don't know what you are fighting yet. You'll need some perception and knowledge (religion) checks to find out.

Corvin swings at the beast who easily avoids his guantlet. The houndlike creature which smells like death attacks Corvin back. Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Your AC is 17 correct, its missing from your stats. The beast savagely tears into Corvin with its vicious teeth and sharp claws. Total damage is 13 points

The other creature charges at Matsumoto and tries to bite him. Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9. As its jaws latch onto Matsumoto's leg, the beast violently jerks its head and tries to take Matsumoto off his feet. Trip 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11, no Attack of Opportunity. Matsumoto fortunately is able to break free of the creature's grasp and stays up.

Init Order
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guard
Corvin
Matsumoto
Creatures

Map

Hmmm, I lied. Mason and Flavia, I need you to continue to put your actions in a spoiler for now.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Spoiler:

Flavia digs away at the locks unless she hears something.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Could you provide a description of what we are fighting? Are they humanoids with clubs? Oozes? Four legged beasts with fangs?

Knowledge (Nature) if it applies 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Once I have an idea of what is in the room, I will choose an appropriate spell.

Also, could you tell a little about the room and its furnishings? What kind of room is this?

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Owww...


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
You don't know what you are fighting yet. You'll need some perception and knowledge (religion) checks to find out.

My question was more in reference to what they look like.

Corvin is currently down to 15 hit points.


The two medium sized creatures in the room are 4 legged beasts that can alternatively run on all fours or stand on their hind legs. They are hideously malformed, hairless, covered with pustules and snarl like hounds. A stench of death and decay surround them.

Inside the warehouse is a large room. There is a wagon covered with a blanket near the center of the room. To the right near where Corvin is fighting is a door that leads into another room. In the far left corner is a brick inner building that is 20 feet high (the gray box area on the map). The building has a door on the east side of it. There is another low room on the far wall with a door on the south facing wall near the western corner.

No one is sure where the crossbow bolt came from.

Savendir, your knowledge(nature) check does not give you any more information.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir steps into the room and conjures a ball of fire beside one of the creatures. The blaze sears the unsightly flesh of the beast.

Flaming Sphere. 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) = 14 fire damage on C1. DC 15 Reflex save for half.

I am using red to mark the square where the sphere resides.


reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

The creature is able to resist the brunt of the flaming sphere.


Another bolt from above comes flying toward Savendir. attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8. The aim is off and the bolt harmlessly lodges itself into the door.

Corvin
Matsumoto
Creatures
Flavia
Mason
Guard


Male Human Fighter 3

Back up to Corvin in initiative order?


Corvin Killgannon wrote:
Back up to Corvin in initiative order?

yes


Male Human Fighter 3

Corvin screams with rage, oblivious to the pain. He rips off the tatters of his cloak, and aims a pair of vicious blows at the head of the creature.

Spiked gauntlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Spiked gauntlet: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17; Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


The creature manages to avoid the first gauntlet, but swings its head directly into Corvin's second one. It let's a loud howl as it skull connects with steel.

Init
Matsumoto
Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guard
Corvin

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Grimacing at the pain in his torn leg, Matsumoto brings the flaming silver sword in his hands down sharply onto the hideous creature before him. Unfortunately the pain has thrown off his aim and Akari swings harmlessly by.

Attack Creature with Akari: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

GM:

Flavia keeps working on the cell door locks.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


The two creatures attack again.

Corvin: Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, Claw 1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, claw 2:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Matsumoto: Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, Claw 1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, claw 2:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Corvin manages to miss the creatures gaping fangs and one of its two claws. The other claw slashes at his stomach 5 more points of damage

Matsumoto does not fair as well. The creature takes another bite of his leg, and grabs with both of its claws. 16 more points of damage, I think you are at -2. Matsumoto falls under the full brunt of the creatures attack and lies dying.

Init
Savendir
Flavia (acted)
Mason

Guard
Corvin
Matsumoto
Creatures


Spoiler:
Flavia hears a harrowing scream of pain, muffled as it comes through the block wall, as she opens the last cell.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir steps away and raises his sacred holly and spreads healing warmth to his allies.

Channel to heal. C1 is out of range. Using selective channeling to avoid C2. 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7 points of healing.

Continuing the attack of the flaming sphere against C1. 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10 damage. DC 15 Reflex save for half.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Spoiler:

"Thad, did you hear that!?"

Flavia gropes her way to the main door and starts pounding on it with a dagger hilt. "HEY! IN HERE!"


Reflex Save for C2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

This time the creature distracted by the fallen man in front of it, cannot avoid the flaming sphere and takes the full force of the fire. It barely manages to stay up.

Another bolt zooms toward Savendir: Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 This time it finds its mark and impales itself in Savendir's shoulder. A second guard appears through the opening that Corvin made in the doorway and moves next to the wagon. He holds up a holy symbol, murmurs a prayer. Suddenly Savendir and Corvin feel a searing pain. Negative Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5 DC(11) Will save for half damage for both Savendir and Corvin.

Init
Corvin
Matsumoto (dying)

Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guards

Wow - your turn again Corvin. That was fast.

Edit: Here's an updated map. Also, those in the warehouse may want to make a perception check.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

OK, so Rokuro went to -2, then Savendir brought him back up to 5 with his Channel. So he would have gone unconscious and fallen, then revived prone is that right?


Male Human Fighter 3

Will save vs. negative energy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Current hp: 15 - 5 + 7 - 5 = 12

Corvin roars like a wild beast, blood streaming from his monstrous armor. Jerked backward by the force of the creature's last blow, he raises his arms and charges, attempting to pin the beast to the wall with the bone and metal spines covering his body.

Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17; Damage (if applicable): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I've been rolling s*+# this entire game. This is nuts.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
Corvin Killgannon wrote:
I've been rolling s*&~ this entire game. This is nuts.

Tell me about it... :/


At first I thought his channel reached Matsumoto, then I thought it didn't but as I look at it this morning, I think it does. So you are correct, you went unconscious, then were revived but prone. That's the good news. The bad news is that if Savendir's channel reaches you, then the guard's negative channel definitely reached you so now Matsumoto needs to make a will save in order to halve the damage from the negative energy (5 hp of damage).

Corvin is able to pin the beast against the wall. Question for Corvin, the damage from the metal spines, is that bludgeoning damage or piercing damage?

Init
Matsumoto (prone or disabled depending on DC 11 will save)
Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guards
Corvin


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Current HP 12.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia's Turn:

"Frederick, Hilo. Get over here by the door. Here's a dagger for each of you. If this door opens, try to make a break for it and fetch the guard, OK?"

She'll attempt to get them armed and ready to run in case the door opens. She'll take up a position -- hey, did the cell block door open into the cell block or out of it?


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason's eyes go wide. "Hear what? And why are you beating on the door? Are you trying to lure our captors in?"

He sticks his dagger out in front of him, waiting for things to burst into the room.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Friends, I think. Just guard yourself with that thing. You're too badly hurt to be a hero."


Male Human Fighter 3
GM Tordek wrote:
Corvin is able to pin the beast against the wall. Question for Corvin, the damage from the metal spines, is that bludgeoning damage or piercing damage?

Spiked armor deals piercing damage. The spiked gauntlet attacks Corvin was making earlier in combat deal both piercing and bludgeoning damage.


Corvin Killgannon wrote:
GM Tordek wrote:
Corvin is able to pin the beast against the wall. Question for Corvin, the damage from the metal spines, is that bludgeoning damage or piercing damage?
Spiked armor deals piercing damage. The spiked gauntlet attacks Corvin was making earlier in combat deal both piercing and bludgeoning damage.

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, I need you to make two fortitude saves DC(11). Your spikes pierce the bloated pustules covering the creature and spray a puslike fluid back at you.

Init
Matsumoto (prone or disabled depending on DC 11 will save)
Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guards
Corvin

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Thanks the Gods for that!!!

Rokuro winces in pain from his position on the floor, shaking his head to clear away the blackness. He looks up into the slavering maw of the abomination above him and grimaces.
Flicking his wrist at the creature, he says a few words and two blue shuriken of force speed up to strike at the creature.
Casting Magic Missile on the Defensive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Yay, Attack of Opportunity on me... :/
Just in case the thing doesn't hit and I'm still conscious:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Fighter 3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Matsumoto: As I read Casting on the Defensive, if you fail the caster level check (15 + 2x the spell level) you don't incur an AoO, but you do lose the spell. Corvin: You succeed on your two Fort saves. Also, greetings from the Emerald City, Seattle. To my US players, Happy Independence Day!

The two creatures attack. The first creature tries to bite and claw Matsumoto again. Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17, damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. The creature once again feeds on Matsumoto's flesh, and seems reinvigorated by it, and one of its claws tears at Matsumoto's mid section. Matsumoto falls back into unconsciousness. You are back down to -4 HP

Corvin pins the creature's vicious claws back but it still tries to bite him. Bite: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 However, as it is pinned against the wall, and it cannot quite reach Corvin with its teeth.

Init
Savendir
Flavia
Mason

Guards
Corvin
Matsumoto (dying -4)
Creatures


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

The flaming sphere continues to blaze around the creature that is attacking Rokuro. 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) = 10 damage - DC 15 Reflex save for half. The roiling ball of flame flickers out, its magic spent. End of that spell's duration.

Savendir sets an arc of lightning upon the guard in front of him. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 ranged touch. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 electricity damage


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia's action for this turn is described above. Mason is up.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Do those of us in the fight hear Flavia and Mason?


Make a perception check to determine if you can hear Flavia and Mason. Creature Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The creature is cries out in pain as the sphere chars its flesh, but after the flames flicker out, it remains standing and smoldering.

The guard near the wagon, let's out a painful howl as the electrical charge from Savendir's attack surges through him.

The unseen guard shoots another bolt at Savendir. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7. Another bolt pierces Savendir in the shoulder. The other guard casts a spell on Corvin. DC 13 Will save or become shaken.

Mason can take his action anytime

Init
Corvin
Matsumoto (dying -4)

Creatures
Savendir
Flavia
Mason
Guards


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

The creature by Matsumoto is still up? Last round when I hit it, you said it was barely hanging on...


Savendir Inaris wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+11

The creature by Matsumoto is still up? Last round when I hit it, you said it was barely hanging on...

You're right. When I went back yesterday to recalculate the creature's HP,I missed the second attack where it failed its reflex save. Its dead now. Also, you don't hear Flavia or Mason.

The creature menacing Matsumoto falls into smoldering pile of ash.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason waits for the door to open, prepared for whatever horror awaits him.


Male Human Fighter 3

Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14, or 1d20 + 0 = 15 if vs. fear effects.

Corvin digs his spines in deeper, crushing the creature with the weight of his own body.

Maintain grapple: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 = 19; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


The beast drops dead as Corvin's spines push further into the creature's body. More pustles burst and spray onto Corvin. Make another Fortitude Save DC 11.

Init
Matsumoto (dying -4)
Savendir
Flavia
Mason

Guards
Corvin


Male Human Fighter 3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Stabilisation Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

-5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rokuro needs to make some sacrifices to the Dice Lords, sheesh.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Physician, heal thyself... Don't worry Rokuro; I'll get to you. But I'm down to 5 hp myself and if I go down, that won't help anybody right now.

Badly wounded, Savendir tends to his own injuries so as to survive long enough to aid his allies.

Cure Moderate. 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6) + 7 = 19

951 to 1,000 of 2,339 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.