Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


901 to 950 of 2,224 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:
"Plan, yeah. Because we do so well with plans. Hey, talk or sing or something for a second so I know where you are."

Flavia slips one of her concealed knives out of hiding - quite a relief because that one had a tendency to dig in - and once Mason starts making noise, slides it across the floor in the direction of his voice, hard, so it clangs against the bars.

Square attack roll: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 4 = 25 to hit DC 5+2, I think.

"Delivery for you, sir. Check the floor before your cell. And hide it."

And where was that roll when I was trying to open the cell, hmm?


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Savendir Inaris wrote:
"We have been following the trail of someone we think may have been taken. There were some suspicious tracks leading to darkened building across town. We ought to check it out."

Corvin stands up a little straighter, seeming slightly less drunk than before.

"Suspicious? What kind o' suspicious?"

Savendir and Matsumoto get the distinct impression that Corvin is itching for any chance to regain the money he lost at the dice hall, most likely by force.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason begins to sing a jaunty travelling tune he learned as an initiate of Desna, until he hears the clang.
He gropes around for the dagger, while cheerily exclaiming, "I do like presents!"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"Hey, you... " Flavia calls, then pauses. "Mason? I didn't know you could sing. Huh." She resumes, raising her voice slightly to reach the other cells, "Hey, you other two. Who are you? What's your story? How long have you been here? When do they feed us? They tell you guys anything? And who's the silent one here?"

Without waiting for an answer, she kicks the bars of her cell, or where she thinks they are. "Ow! Gods damn it all, Mason, how do we warn them? I've screwed up before, but this is big time. I thought we were at the wrong place." Cursing softly, she gropes her way to the bed and sits on it gingerly, awaiting an answer from the other captives if they're so inclined.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia thinks a moment, then strikes the spine of her dagger against the metal of the bunk, the bars, anywhere she can grope to find metal, looking for a spark.

Flavia should really give up thinking.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:
Savendir looks again at the drunken dwarf. "Let's walk that way and we can discuss." He makes it clear that the strange dwarf is not included in that proposition.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason muses while he holds on to the dagger. "Y'know, if these are shoddy locks it might be possible to pick them with anything." He jams the dagger into the lock and wiggles it around, hoping Flavia won't be too angry with him if he breaks the dagger.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 minus whatever penalty you want to apply, Tordek.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Savendir, Rokuro & Corvin:
"Yes, let us hurry. I am quite keen to find this fellow, as it would be nice to have a lead that might help us find Nadru."


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Matsumoto Rokuro wrote:
"Yes, let us hurry. I am quite keen to find this fellow, as it would be nice to have a lead that might help us find Nadru."

"Whoa, you talk?"

Corvin turns back to Savendir, swaying slightly.

"Y'all up for some thrillin' heroics?"

He slams his gauntleted fists together, small flakes of rust and dried blood falling to the cobbled street.


Corvin, Savendir, and Matsumoto:

Corvin explains to Bjorn, the dwarf, that these are fellow travelers and he is needed. Bjorn says that he will be ok from this point on. Most of the disappearances seem to occur around this section of Queen's Way, Miller St, and Bond Rd. He then bids adieu and continues west on Queen's way.

You are all alone on the street except for one person walking from the north on Quiet Axe bend who turned left on to Queen's way and is walking toward you but on the other side of the street.

If you are ready to head back to the Warehouse, and you are following the same path that you came, then you will want to turn right on to Quiet Axe Bend, and left on to Wedge Stair.

Map of Sirathu

Flavia and Mason:

One of the prisoners answer's Flavia, "Ive been here for 3 days, I think, you begin to lose track of time in the dark. They feed us trail rations twice a day. They brought that other prisoner in about an hour or so before you arrived. He is unconcious. The second prisoner was unconcious when he arrived also, he came 2 nights ago. They haven't told us anything about why we are here. My name is Frederick, and the other prisoner's names is Helo. Who are you?"

Mason's attempt to open the cell proves as fruitless as Flavia's attempt.

From this point on use your name's in the spoiler because in game your fellow adventurers will not know where you are located now. Thanks. It's not going to be that easy to rescue you. Muwahahahahahah.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:
Once the dwarf is out of earshot, Savendir explains, "We heard rumors of a man who has gone missing only today by the name of Samlin. Tracking him down may yield clues about the others who have gone missing as well. We found his brooch amid complex tracks in the dirt. We followed the tracks to a warehouse where Mason and Flavia should be standing guard to see who comes or goes. We ought to see what they have found." He leads the way toward the warehouse.

As they near the pedestrian on Quiet Axe Bend, Savendir keeps an eye open for any signs of trouble or threat.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Savendir, Rokuro & Corvin:
Seeing that Savendir is watchig ahead of them, Rokuro periodically glances behind them to keep track of anything out of the ordinary.
Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 6
hmmm... maybe a little too periodically.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia and Mason:

"Hello, Frederick, Helo. We're Fran and Thad. I think this guy here must be Samlin. We were looking for him, but got caught in the same net. Not a real friendly bunch, are they?"

She paces around the cell a bit, then tries the cell door again, digging around with her dagger.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 at a +10 to the lock DC due to lack of tools. If I can take 20, I will

Excellent, most evil GM. Never reward stupidity!


Corvin, Savendir, and Matsumoto:

The person walking toward you avoids your gaze Savendir. With all of the abductions, everyone seems nervous at night. He continues walking down the street and then turns into house at corner of Bond St and Queen's way.

Neither Savendir nor Matsumoto see anything else that is unusual.

When you arrive at the warehouse, it seems just as you left it. The office is dark and you can see a thin ray of light from under the double doors. However, you do not see Mason nor Flavia around.

Flavia and Mason:

You can each take 20 on disable device. With that, Mason cannot pick the lock. Flavia on the other hand is able to pick the lock after 8 minutes of work.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Corvin, & Matsumoto:
Savendir looks around. "They were supposed to be watching the doors," he whispers. He examines the area for footprints or other signs of what has happened.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia and Mason:

Flavia leave the cell open, then feel her way over to Mason's cell and start on that. She whispers to Mason, "Got it! I'll work on yours. Let me know if you hear anyone coming."


Savendir, Corvin, and Matsumoto:

Savendir cannot find any signs of a struggle. Between the old and thennew footprints, he cannot identify any that are distinctly Flavia or Mason's tracks.

Flavia and Mason:

All is silent as Flavia works on Mason's lock. After what seems an eternity, the lock finally gives free and Mason's cell door slides open. This all took about 20 minutes


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia and Mason:

Flavia groans softly and flexes her aching fingers. "Remind me to hid a lockpick next time. Daggers are no good for this. Well, we're sort of free. Now what?"

She pats her way silently to the main door to peek through the keyhole or under the door.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Fran and Thad:
Mason, relieved at his rescue, whispers, "You'll have to show me how to do that, Fran. Thanks for getting me out of there."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Thad and Fran:

"Don't thank me yet, Thad -- out of the frying pan... I'd like to lay in wait for a guard, but we can't afford to do that with you so banged up. Let's see what we can see through the keyhole - maybe open the block door?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Savendir, Rokuro & Corvin:
Rokuro looks around. "I'm sure they couldn't have gone far. Should we spread out and search for them, which may be bad for them if they are in deep hiding, or just wait?"


Fran and Thad:

Flavia and Mason feel around and find the door. The door is made of very solid, thick wood. No handles can be felt from your side of the door and you cannot find a keyhole.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Fran and Thad:

SONUVA!

'Fran' says some very unladylike things, but softly. She listens at the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Fran and Thad:

Flavia listens at the door but cannot hear anything.

You can continue to listen at the door. If your friends make it to you before the guards return, I'll let you know. You are welcome to continue to explore the cells in the darkness or wait.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Fran and Thad:

"Thad, you stay here and listen. I'm going to go start working on the other cell doors. If somebody comes to open this one, it's better if we all rush him."

Flavia goes to try to unlock the other cell doors, starting with poor unconscious 'Samlin.' She wants to see if the man is well.

Oh, does the spine of the knife strike sparks from any other metal?


Fran and Thad:

Sparks: Here is how I'll handle your attempt to create a spark. You can smash the knife against the metal bar. Make a CMB roll and a damage roll against the AC(10) of the steel bar you are hitting against. Each time you exceed the AC, and your damage exceeds its hardness (10), you will see a spark. However, spark damage also effects the dagger. The HP of the spine of the dagger is 4 (30 hp/ft of thickness x 1/8 thick rounded up). (For example your CMB roll is 12 and your damage is 11. You cause a spark, and the dagger takes 1 point of damage.) After 2 points of damage the dagger takes on the damaged condition.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Rokuro, & Corvin:
Savendir nods. "Let's have a look around." He proceeds to scout the area.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Fran and Thad:
Mason strains his ears to listen for their captors.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

One of Mason's injuries ruptured his ear drums, evidently.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Thad and Fran:

Fran.. er, Flavia... decides that clanging metal against metal is a bad idea while they are whispering and sneaking. She opts for trying to jimmy the other cell doors open instead, relying on Mason's incredible hearing to safeguard them. She first attacks the door of the unconscious man's cell.


Savendir, Matsumoto & Corvin:

As you look around the warehouse, you see on the south side a door that says "Office" and a large window with a curtain pulled closed. To the left of the office door you see a large set of double doors. As you look around on the Eastern wall of the warehouse you see another set of double doors. All is quiet.

Flavia and Mason:

Flavia can continue trying to open cells. I may at some point declare someone is coming and ret con you back a cell or two depending upon the timing of other events. It will take 8 minutes to open each cell.

Mason does not hear anything as he stands at the door, not even Flavia's attempts to open another cell.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason and Flavia:
Mason holds his breath in order to hear better. He could swear he hears the faint sound of metal on metal, but disregards that as a figment of his imagination.


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"I don't hear nothin' and I don't see nothin'. You sure this is the place?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Rokuro, and Corvin:
"Yes, this is the building they were watching. I don't think they would just give up and leave. Something must have drawn them away. There is light coming from under the door, so the place is certainly not deserted. I would say we should scout carefully, but our stealthiest cohorts are the ones we are looking for..."


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
"Not so carefully, then? You want I should break down the door or somethin'?


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason and Flavia:
Mason jerks his head towards the back of the room. "Did you hear that?!" After a second, he chuckles. "Oh wait, it was just wolves."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Thad and Flavia and Mason and Fran:

"You feeling alright, Thad? Are your wounds making you feverish? You took some good ones," Flavia asks softly as she fiddles with the locks, "Frederick, Helo, are you guys injured at all, or can you run if we get a chance to make a break for it?"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

T&F&F&M:
"Nah, I'm fine, Fran...You do hear that buzzing noise, right?"


Flavia & Mason:

"I'm alright" says Frederick. "So am I", says Helo.

Corvin, Matsumoto, and Savendir:

So what's your plan?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

T&F&F&M:

"Right then, guys, I'll try to get your cell doors open next."

Flavia continues her improvised lock picking, flexing her aching fingers from time-to-time.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Rokuro, and Corvin:
Savendir ponders. "We don't know that there was any foul play, although I suspect that Flavia would have left word if they had gone somewhere. Mason, on the other hand, probably would not have had the presence of mind. If they have infiltrated the building by stealth, asking at the door could give away their presence. If anything, they could use the diversion"

"In fact, I fail to see a scenario where breaking in would be a problem. Something is clearly amiss here, and our cohorts are either in trouble, in need of a diversion, or inside looting the place after they have incapacitated the occupants."

He pauses.

"Yes, Mr. Killgannon, I believe you are right. Do you think you can take down this double door? The one that reveals light inside? It seems like a good place to start."


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Corvin nods, flexing his armored fists. With a sudden motion, he drives his entire upper body into the double doors. As he strikes the doors, numerous metal spikes and jagged bits of what appear to be bone slice through his cloak and into the wood.

Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


The frame holding the doors screams as Corvin slams his body into the double doors. The nails pull away and Corvin is able to create an opening large enough for everyone to squeeze through one at a time.

Go ahead and roll for initiative and we will do away with spoilers at this point. I'm sure you are all happy about that.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Fighter 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

GM:

Do Fran and Thad still have their armor?


Flavia:

No, you do not have armor. It was removed when they searched you.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

"Well this just got interesting," Rokuro says as he follows the others through the door, Akari in hand.

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

901 to 950 of 2,224 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.