Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


851 to 900 of 2,156 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Did you mean the western east door?


Savendir and Matsumoto:

As you approach the two figures, one is short and very stout. The other is tall and bulky. As you approach, you are very surprised to see an inebriated Corvin who seems to have a found a dwarven friend.

Corvin:

Forget the request earlier for the perception roll.
As Corvin and Bjorn head back down Queen's Way, they see two figures approaching. As you get closer, Corvin recognizes the people as Savendir and Matsumoto.


Carthon's:

I mean the door near cell N19. I just moved the guard. I couldn't reach my map at work


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia nimbly slips to O18, pulling her sap from her belt as she does so and prepares to cosh the guard if he tries to open the door.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Don't touch it and you'll be fine, buddy."


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Corvin, oblivious to the fact that it was he himself who wandered off to the dicehall, points at the pair indignantly.

"Oi! Where were you when I was losin' money rollin' bones? What you been up to, eh?"


Carthon's:

The guard hesitates for a moment at Flavia's threat. Then, he begins to open the door shouting again. "Intruders!"

Flavia you can take your strike against him.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Before the guard can complete his move to open the door, Flavia tries to put his lights out, nonlethal-like.

sap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
for nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
if it connects. No sneak without Mason flanking, sadly. Oh! Dammit! x2 crit, so 19 doesn't threaten auuuuuuuuuugh.


Carthon's:

Flavia blow connects solidly onto the guard's head. He grunts through the pain but still manages to open the door which swings out into the wider warehouse. Light from the lit warehouse pours into the office. The guard runs into larger warehouse.

I think you can attack again with an attack of opportunity Flavia as he opens the door.

Updated Map

Mason
Flavia
Guard


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Sap AOO
Sap Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Sap Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason eyes the entrance. "I think discretion might be best." He will hold his action to see if Flavia wishes to pursue the guard or leave.


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:
Savendir grins. "And here I thought you would have nothing but success at the tables." He pauses a moment. "Where is Enard?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Assuming the guard leaves and nothing else happens, Flavia pulls her hood over her head and peeks into the warehouse, trying to get a good look at the operation and see why the heck it would be lit at this time of night.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Then she ducks back and follows Mason out the door.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason sees Flavia following him out the door. When they get a few feet away from the warehouse, he asks, "Did you see anything? I'd have to guess they're up to no good, based on the nasty shot that guard took at us. Do we need to get the others and storm the place?"


Carthon's:

As Flavia perks her head out the door, she sees a cart and a large room to the northwest. A bolt comes flying toward her. attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1, but misses her.

As she and Mason turn to leave through the front door, they are confronted by a foul beast at the door and the distinct odor of rotten flesh. Behind the creature is another guard with a short sword drawn. "go back inside" he orders.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia is aghast. "How did you?.. so fast!... what is that?..." she gibbers, eyes wide, "Mason, run!"

No trained knowledges, so probably can't ID the beastie unless it's rather common. How big is it? Does it have body parts dropping off?

I think Mason loses his readied action because of the interruption, but it may still be his turn. The speech stands, but Flavia's action will depend on whose turn it is.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
I'll wait for Tordek's adjudication


Carthon's:

Mason can take the next action. I assumed he delayed while Flavia peeked into the Warehouse. Then you turned to leave and found that you have company at the door.

Init Order
Mason
Guards
Flavia

The hideous medium sized creature snarls in front of you. It is covered with bulging pustules and is squatting on all fours ready to pounce.

Which way is Flavia going? I assumed that when the bolt came flying at Flavia she turned and headed toward the office door through which you came. The double doors at K12 and L12 are closed.

Map


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

I'll wait to post Flavia's actions until Mason acts.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
"D-do you know what this is?!" Mason steps back to R11 and stabs at the beast.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Carthon's:

Mason's knife plunges into the flesh of the beast. The boils on its skin burst as the blade opens up a wound, squirting a puslike fluid onto his arm. The creature advances on Mason, and tries to bite and then claw Mason.
Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20, damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, claw1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, claw2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Mason needs to make a fortitude save from the puslike fluid.

A second creature appears at the doorway N10. I assume that Flavia is not at the door if she she turned and moved away when the bolt came flying toward her. If I'm wrong, here is the second creatures attack on Flavia. Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Order
Flavia
Mason
Guards and creatures


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

She was going to leave, but the only difference would have been - did she stay at O10 or get to P11? Machs nicht to me. Trusty dice decider! O10 or P11? 1d2 ⇒ 1 O10 it is!

Flavia avoids the hideous thing's bite and, since blood is now flowing, drops her lantern and draws blade.

Rapier attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Rapier damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

"By the gods, they stink! And so do these dog-things! I'll hold this door, you clear that one!"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
So I'm thinking about my next character...
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Bah! It's only a flesh wound.


Carthon's:

Mason is able to resist the puslike fluid. Flavia's rapier barely misses the creature in front of her.

Mason
Creature & Guards
Flavia

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:

Corvin pauses for a moment, trying to remember. "Uh, he's still at the Trick Door enjoying his winning streak. The bastard."

Where are you headed next


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason frantically stabs at the monster before him.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto & Corvin:
Savendir ponders a moment. "I think we ought to regroup. Flavia and Mason are keeping watch on a spot that looks promising. We should rendezvous with them to share what we have learned." He regards Corvin's dwarven companion and then looks back at Corvin. "Unless you had other plans for the night."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"Maybe we should surrender," Flavia pants to Mason, sword singing, "The guard won't kill us, but these guys might. They seem touchy about us trying to swipe their pay."


Male Human Fighter 3

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Savendir Inaris wrote:
Savendir ponders a moment. "I think we ought to regroup. Flavia and Mason are keeping watch on a spot that looks promising. We should rendezvous with them to share what we have learned." He regards Corvin's dwarven companion and then looks back at Corvin. "Unless you had other plans for the night."

The apparent insinuation sails over Corvin's head as he plows on through the conversation.

"Hey, I was lookin' for you. And what's so interestin' that you people gotta watch out for it?


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:
"We have been following the trail of someone we think may have been taken. There were some suspicious tracks leading to darkened building across town. We ought to check it out."


Savendir, et al:

Are you going to retrieve Enard first?


Carthon's:

Mason's stab misses.

let me know if you are going to surrender before I post your attackers action.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia won't consider standing down until the she sees if the guards make any response to her statement. They can take their action as appropriate.


Carthon's:

"She's right. Stand down now and you may live. Otherwise, we will be scattering your remains to the winds." Says the guard at the front door.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"And what happens if we do stand down, lads? We'd like to clear up this little misunderstanding..."


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, and Corvin:
I'm inclined to say no. I think sending Corvin back into the gambling den is going to raise a lot of questions, plus as far as Savendir is concerned, Enard may still be in the midst of his investigations. He told Flavia and Mason he was going to follow the tracks, which he did. He didn't say anything about rounding everybody up. Corvin is just a bonus.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason grimaces in pain, hopeful that the situation will resolve peaceably. He doesn't drop his starknife yet.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

S~+~, Mason's really hurt, isn't he?

"Guard yourself, Thad. Everybody's going to be reasonable here and we'll all come out of this whole, right?" Flavia looks to the man in the front doorway for an answer, since he's been doing the talking.

Flavia takes a defensive stance, not relinquishing her weapon while they are in negotiations. Stall stall stall.

On her turn, Flavia takes a total defense action to get to AC 23 - dodge bonuses stack, woot! If the guards attack before her turn, her AC is still 19, though.


Carthon's:

"You," says the man menacingly, "are in no position to negotiate. Makes no mind to me either way. You had your chance." First the creatures attack again, biting and then clawing.

Flavia: Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4; Claw1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7; Claw2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Mason: Bite:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8; Claw1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7; Claw2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The creature in front of Mason's misses with its teeth and one claw, but snags Mason in the stomach with its second claw opening a very large gash. Mason falls down from the blow.

Flavia's creature clamps down on her arm and grabs her with one of its claws.

The man who was speaking chuckles. "Should have taken me up on my offer." He says a prayer causing his holy symbol to pulse. Flavia needs to make a DC13 will save or be shaken for 1 minute

The other guard takes another swing at Flavia with his short sword. Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7, damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Flavia
Mason (dying)
Guards & creatures


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
It's hot and it hurts and stuff
stabilize: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10

...and Mason barely stops bleeding out


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11Shaken

"Mason!" Flavia cries, paling as her friend drops and the ill-intentioned magic fills the room. She dodges to Mason's side, dropping her weapon and thumping to her knees beside Mason's prone form as she draws a potion from her belt pouch with shaking hands. "Let me help him!" she begs the man with the holy symbol, holding up her otherwise empty hands to show she is weaponless.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17 out of Creature 2's reach to avoid AoO.
Move to R10 behind the desk to avoid Creature 1 AoO.
Drop rapier in that square (free) and draw potion of cure light from belt pouch (second move).


Carthon's:

"Hold!" Commands each guard, and the creatures stay their attack. The guards advance on Flavia and Mason short swords drawn. "Wise move. Kick all the weapons away first. Then you can give him the potion." After Flavia administers the potion. A third guard enters the room, cross bow drawn. The lead guard says, "Now come quietly with us. Any tricks and your dead." Are you ready to surrender?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Definitely!

Flavia does as she's instructed, then pulls Mason onto her lap and trickles the potion carefully down his throat. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 hp back on the cure light. She watches anxiously to see if it does any good.

"We surrender. Turn us over to the town guard; we won't give you or your ugly dogs any more trouble. Just give me a chance to get my friend on his feet."

My intent with the ridiculous number of daggers (10) in Flavia's possession was always to have a couple hidden on her person, but I didn't state that on the character sheet. If you allow it, her sleight of hand is +10. We normally have sleight of hand be a secret GM roll - not sure what you do in pbp.


Carthon's:

"Heh heh, we don't need the town guard. We can take care of this ourselves. To the other guards he says, "Its been a good night boys. 3 in one night, we are ahead of our quota." The guards move you into the lit warehouse. They search each of you. They find 5 of Flavia's 10 daggers and Mason's dagger. They also take remove all pouch's, backpacks, and holy symbols on each person.

Unless Flavia's thieves tools are hidden too, they take that also.

After they have completed their search they lead you toward the large brick inner building. One of the guards takes out a key and unlocks the door. He casts light on the key and leads you inside. As you enter the room, you see it is filled with 16 cells, with 8 on each side. In each cell, there is a bunk bed. 3 of the cells are already occupied. 2 of the other prisoners stand up when you enter the room, while the 3rd lies motionless on his bed. They lock you separately in 2 other cells. When you are secure, they turn and leave the room, which becomes instantly dark when they close the door.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason comes around thanks to Flavia's timely help. "I had the worst dream..." he trails off as he notices where he is.
"No, I guess it wasn't. Thanks for the help, by the way."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"Least I could do for almost getting you killed, Thad," Flavia replies with a small smile. She submits to the frisking, glaring at her searcher but causing no trouble.

Flavia's tools weren't hidden, so they got 'em. Did they take the gaudy trinket holy symbol, too? Oh, are Flavia and Mason in adjoining cells?

Once the cell block door closes and all is quiet, Flavia calls softly into the darkness, "Samlin?" As she settles down, after the shaken condition expires, she retrieves one of her hidden knives and begins fiddling with the lock on the cell. The darkness is no problem since lockpicking is a matter feeling and hearing, but without tools and backwards proves to be a challenge.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"Desna, where are you when I need you?"

She checks to see if her head will fit between the bars of the cell.


Carthon's:

Mason and Flavia are in cells across from each other.There is a 10 foot aisle that runs between the cells. No one answers to the name of Samlin, but the one prisoner in cell next to Flavia still has not stirred on his bed.

The bars are about 3 inches apart. Flavia is unable to pick the lock.

Yes they took the guady holy symbol, too.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia curses and starts a methodical search of the cell, sliding her hands along every surface looking for slivers of metal that might be useful as lock picks. She taps and claws to try to find any sort of flaw in the structure and twists and tugs on bars looking for a loose one. She feels the bricks to see if there is mortar between them that could be chipped away, or if the bars are set into mortar. Finally, she feels around on the bed to find out if anything is made of cloth. If it is, she starts slicing the cloth into strips and braiding them by feel into a length of crude rope, looking to make one or two 6' lengths.

"Mason? Mason, are you hanging in there? Sorry about this. Did they leave you a potion or any way to heal yourself? Do you have a weapon?"


Male Elf Druid 4 {HP 25/26, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir, Matsumoto, & Corvin:
I'm waiting to see what Corvin intends, and also what this dwarf is up to.


Carthon's:

The bars are relatively smooth and sturdy and go around all four walls. You can feel the brick through the bars. The bed is simply a crude mat on a frame.

Savendir, Matsumoto & Corvin:

I'm waiting for Corvin to post as well.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason searches for his dagger. "No, I'm afraid they took everything from me, including my favorite holy symbol!"
He squints in the direction of Flavia's voice. "Have you got a plan?"

851 to 900 of 2,156 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.