Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


801 to 850 of 2,267 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Carthon:

Flavia and Mason take their positions and watch the warehouse. All is quiet for now.

Savendir and Matsumoto:

Savendir's expert tracking skills picks up an interesting set of tracks across the intersection from where the brooch was found. The tracks are in a small recess between two buildings, very hard to detect. Savendir and Matsumoto follow the tracks from their origin. Curiously the tracks start at the Pharasma temple.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon:

"Maybe we should peek into that office door," Flavia whispers to Mason.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Savendir seems puzzled by where these tracks lead. He looks around the temple for signs of activity, and also inspects the tracks to see what they are.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon:
Mason nods and quietly moves to the front door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon:

Surprised but pleased at Mason's ready agreement, Flavia sneaks forward as well, to listen at the double doors around the corner while Mason checks out the front.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Carthon's:

Flavia and Mason each sneak carefully to investigate further. They each strain to hear something from inside, but neither can hear anything.

Savendir and Matsumoto:

Savendir can see some candle light flickering from a few windows in the temple. No other activity is visible.

The tracks appear to be human boot tracks.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia leans close to Mason and whispers, "Is the door open?"


Did Flavia move to the front door to join Mason after checking the double doors to the west?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Yes, quietly.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason looks at the door. "There's one way to find out," he whispers as he gently turns the doorknob.


Carthon's:

Mason tries the door handle but it is locked.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia checks the street to be sure nobody is coming. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If it's still empty, she pulls out a little packet of tools, then thinks a moment and searches the doorframe and lock for traps.

Perception(trapfinding): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

If she finds nothing, she'll pull a few shiny instruments out of the packet, wink at Mason, and probe the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason steps back and watches in amazement.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia is amazed at that roll, too!


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Savendir ponders a moment and then, without hesitation, knocks upon the door of the temple.


Carthon's:

Flavia carefully checks the door for traps and does not find anything. With skill that leaves Mason speechless, she deftly picks the lock.

Savendir and Matsumoto:

Savendir knocks on the door. A minute passes and then the door opens. An older cleric of Pharasma opens the door. She says, "Yes kind sir, are you in some sort of emergency? Our normal visiting hours are from sun up until sundown but if you are need of Pharasma's aid immediately, we may be able to help."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia's eyebrows shoot up as the lock springs free under her picks. She withdraws the tools and packs them away carefully, securing them against the possible need for a quick exit.

"Well?" she whispers to Mason, "No point in going through all that work to stand out here. If we're noticed, I'll go east, you go west, then we circle around to meet on the east side of the fountain square, yeah?"

She reaches out to the door latch, then hesitates. "Do you have oil and a feather, Mason? I don't. We don't want the door creaking."


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason pats his pack and briefly checks his pockets. "No, I'm afraid I don't have a feather. Just oil."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"Ah well, my bad," Flavia replies, then tries to open the door soundlessly.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Carthon's:

The door opens inward silently for Flavia.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia peeks in carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Carthon's:

As Flavia peeks in, her ears strain against the darkness of the office within. She thinks the room is empty until she hears a soft cough from the northeast corner of the room behind the door.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia silently shuts the door and holds up one finger to Mason. She points back to their former hiding place and heads back if he nods agreement.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason nods and heads back to their previous hiding spot.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

When they return to their hidey-hole, Flavia quietly explains to Mason, "It's pitch black in there. We'll need a lantern or something, unless you have a dwarf's eyes. Oh, and I heard one person in the office. Maybe they're sleeping." She grimaces. "What do you think - wait for the others or get a light and go?"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
"I'm afraid I don't have a dwarf's eyes. I should remember to pack them along with a feather next time." Mason smiles hopefully. "Anyway, if it's just one person, we can handle it."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"If it's just one person. And if they don't wake up and yell for help. Remember, the warehouse seems to be lit - why? Warehouses aren't lit at night for the merchandise stored there. They're lit for people. People who can't see in the dark." She gets out her lantern, shaking her head. "I don't know, Mason. I guess we can prepare the lantern. We may need it anyway. I fear we may have pushed Lady Luck a bit too much. I hate to see her start pushing back."

Flavia sighs as she sets the lantern on a nearby barrel to be filled and lit. "I wonder where the others are. Sitting around here keeping watch is boring."


Carthon's:

So what's the plan. Stay in your current position and maintain look out, or investigate the office further?


Male Human Fighter 3

.


Corvin:

Bjorn and Corvin depart the Trick Door and head back to their respective lodgings together. They head down Miller's St., turn right onto Queen's way and head toward the west. Make a perception check, please. And here is a map of the city. Map You are halfway between Miller St and Bond Rd.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
"I am looking for a man who may be in an emergency of his own. The name is Samlin. He wore a brooch with the symbol of Pharasma, and we have reason to believe he may have fallen to foul play. I followed some tracks from the scene that lead here. Do you know of this man? Did someone come here in distress?"


Savendir and Matsumoto:

"No," answers the cleric, "it has been a quiet evening. No one has come by in distress. I don't know why you find tracks leading here. Perhaps, they came here by mistake."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Does he seem trustworthy?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

I was planning to wait for Mason's feedback as to whether or not to actually go in. Being Father's Day, he'll probably not be posting.

Flavia taps her toe impatiently as the lantern is filled, lit, and hooded. "Maybe we should go. After all, it's probably nothing. We may be able to rule the place out. The guy I heard was probably," she frets and dithers.


Savendir and Matsumoto:

Yes, the cleric (female, elderly) does seem to be telling the truth.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Mason looks thoughtful for half a second, and then he grins. "I know we can handle one guy. He's probalby bored and would welcome the break in the monotony, even if it's just to answer some questions. Let's do this."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Flavia grins back. "Yeah, what's the point of learning how to break into places if we just sit outside and watch?"

Trusting Mason to follow, Flavia creeps back across the street to the door she unlocked, lantern hooded, and listens at the door for a second, just in case.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Oh yeah! Poor TR.

If she hears nothing, she'll quietly crack open the door and slip inside, slitting the lantern open a tiny bit to allow a faint light so she doesn't run into anything.


Carthon's:

Flavia listens at the door very carefully, but can not hear anything from inside the office. She and Mason quietly slip into the office. As Flavia turns to inspect the room she is startled to see a man brandishing a short sword rushing around a desk toward her. "Intruders!" he calls out in a loud voice as he attacks her. Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3) = 5 Momentarily surprised, Flavia still manages to avoid the man's strike.

Drat, missed! Roll for initiative. Map of the office and part of the warehouse.On the map, where you see a break in the lines, those are doors. At the moment all doors are closed. The brown square is a desk.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
"Thank you, ma'am," Savendir says. "Sorry to disturb you at this hour." He moves to leave, but really only waits for her to go back inside so that he can have another look around.


Matsumoto and Savendir:

"Pharasma's temple is always open to someone in need. Have a good night." Answers the cleric. She shuts the door and you can hear heavy click as she turns the key to lock the door again.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

!!!

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
Imagine that...

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Matsumoto and Savendir:
Once the priestess is out of sight, Savendir has a look around for anything out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

"I told you the payroll would be guarded, Thad!" Flavia cries as she evades the man's swing.

We play reasonable (short) speech as a free action that doesn't have to take place on your turn. If you want to keep us turn-based, TR, just let me know.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
"My mistake, uh, Fran."


Carthon's:

Initiative order
Guard
Mason
Flavia

The guard holds up his holy symbol he murmurs some words and both Flavia and Mason feel terrible pain spread over the body. each make a will save.. The guard then turns and flees to another door and begins to open it. door on east wall.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Carthon's:
It's not very likely Mason will recognize the holy symbol, since he has no ranks in Knowledge (religion). Must rectify that...

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Assuming Mason can act:

"Don't open that door," Mason hisses as he fires a crossbow bolt.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

"Warning shot..."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthon's:

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Carthon's:

Both Flavia and Mason are able to partially resist the guard's negative energy. Negative Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 take half damage since you both succeeded on your will save.

Mason's bolt slams into the wall near the guard.

Flavia
Guard
Mason

You don't have speak in rounds. Chatter away.

Savendir and Matsumoto:

Nothing seems amiss around the temple. However, you do spot two figures walking down the road from the east.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Matsumoto:
Savendir decides to walk right toward them. He intends to simply pass them on the street, but is alert for signs of danger or anything remarkable about them.

801 to 850 of 2,267 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.