Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


751 to 800 of 2,332 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:

Mason and Flavia agreed it would be best for everyone at the Rich Fox to go look for Samlin together, so we would not split up further. Assuming Savendir agrees, we would do that.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir would agree with looking for Samlin. We should not all go into the Trick Door, though, as that could be troublesome. Perhaps some of us could survey the area around it.


Rich Fox:

The four of you will be heading back out to search for Samlin. All you know about the Trick Door is what Enard told you which is that it is in the northeast part of town. Here is a link to that post. How do you want to proceed?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:

So Rokuru would relay what Enard had said about it being a private club? What time is it getting to be now?


Rich Fox:

To answer your question, Flavia, Yes - Rokuro relayed Enard's message. As far as the time goes, it is about 9:00 pm.


Male Human Fighter 3

Trick Door:
Corvin clasps the dwarf's hand with his blood-encrusted gauntlet, grinning drunkenly.

"Name's Corvin Killgannon. I kill things for money."

He slams a single gold piece down on the table.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

I think that perhaps Flavia could go inside to make contact with Enard and Corvin while Savendir, Mason, and Matsumoto do surveillance around the area. We'll want at least a few people on the outside in case things go bad, or if there are any strange comings or goings.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:

Sounds good. Let's go find this place!
Ask around for directions as we go: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Flavia will drape the gaudy bauble around her neck, too, to make it easier to ask about finding the mark.


Trick Door:

"Aye", says Bjorn, "You plannin on killin any one in this village? Its a sleepy little village. Can't imagine anyone here that someone would pay to have killed. I hope yer better at killin than gamblin" he continues as Corvin loses another bet. Then Bjorn bends closer to Corvin and whispers, "I'd keep it quiet on your profession around here. Folks have been disappearing right and left. You wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that you're responsible would ya?"

Rich Fox:

The group trys to make its way in a north easterly direction on the various roads within the tiny village. Unfortunately, Flavia's attempts to find anyone who is willing to admit knowledge of the Trick Door have come up short so far. Feel free to continue to make diplomacy rolls. Also, I need everyone to make a perception check.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

Undaunted, Flavia continues to chat up folks for directions to this mysterious place, offering a coin or two if it seems it would loosen some tongues.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
*headdesk* Somebody else roll the bones, please! Ugh.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox Group:
Savendir tries to keep a sharp eye on his surroundings. [ooc]Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human Fighter 3

Trick Door:
"I ain't plannin' on killin' nobody. I'm just here to spend my coin and act as insurance for the Black Blade over there."

Corvin jerks a thumb in the direction of Enard.

"Apparently, he can't handle hisself in a fight, so he needs me to back him up."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:
At some point during the search for the gambling hall, Flavia approaches Mason, digging his key from her pocket. "Here, you forgot this in your haste," she says, handing it back to him. "Sorry about teasing you."


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Rich Fox Group:
Mason turns an interesting shade of red. "Oh. Heh. Thanks," he mutters as he fumbles the key back into his pocket.


Rich Fox Group:

Perception Rolls for Mason 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 and Matsumoto 1d20 ⇒ 2

Savendir keeps a sharp lookout as the others seem oblivious to their surroundings but sees nothing unusual around the tavern. The few people who Flavia sees about as she inquires about the Trick Door cannot provide any help in locating the gambling establishment.

I've started a map of the village of Sirathu. Can you tell me which direction you are heading from the Rich Fox Tavern. As you explore more of the village, I'll add more detail. You can recall that when you left Enard and Corvin. They were heading north from the fountain.

Trick Door:

"I see," says Bjorn as he glances over at Enard. "By the looks of ya, he's doing well with ya at his back." Enard let's out a cheer as he rakes in a big pot. "He must be the lucky one of the duo, by looking at the stack growin in front of him."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

Having heard that the Trick Door is in the northeast and having seen the boys leaving north from the fountain square, Flavia suggests going to the fountain, then north from the fountain past the temple, then turning east.


Rich Fox Group:

Updated City Map

The group turns right onto Queen's way and heads east toward Bond Road. There is very little traffic on the streets at this time of night. As you approach the intersection the 10th gong from the bell atop Pharasma's temple sounds. It is 10 pm. Make another perception check please


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"Did any of you hear a bell or something just now?"


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir continues to look about warily. Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Rich Fox Group:

Matsumoto Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

A object on the ground near the north east corner of the intersection catches Savendir's eye. As you approach he sees that it is a broken brooch. It is brightly colored and decorated with Pharasma's holy symbol.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

"Sharp eyes, my elven friend. Looks rather like the bauble I wear, does it not? Can you see any sign of a struggle beyond this? Perhaps you can track poor Samlin and his abductors... assuming that's what happened."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox:
Savendir nods to Flavia. "I suspect this was left by the one we seek. Perhaps there are tracks that may tell us more."

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Rich Fox:

The brooch does indeed match the one that Flavia has. As Savendir searches the area, in the firm earthen road he finds a set of tire tracks and two pairs of foot prints in the middle of the tire tracks. The tracks seem to be headed toward the west back down Queen's way.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:
"Weeelllll... what now? We meant to find our friends, but we don't know where they are. Do you think you can follow these tracks, Savendir? Best to do it now before they are scuffed out by other traffic. Mayhap we can find a place and mark it or keep watch while our friends are fetched."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox:
Savendir nods. "I think we ought to see where these tracks lead."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:

"Agreed. Lead on, Sir Elf. We will follow."


Male Human Fighter 3

Trick Door:
GM Tordek wrote:
"I see," says Bjorn as he glances over at Enard. "By the looks of ya, he's doing well with ya at his back." Enard lets out a cheer as he rakes in a big pot. "He must be the lucky one of the duo, by looking at the stack growin in front of him."

Corvin stares darkly at his empty tankard.

"And may the gods damn him to the nine hells for it. I ain't had the share of luck he's had, that's for true. Everythin' always runs south, no matter what I do..."


Rich Fox Group:

Savendir follows the tracks back to Quiet Axe Bend, the main road that leads into and out of town. The tracks turn to the right (to the North) onto Quiet Axe Bend. Unfortunately, the main road is cobble stoned and the tracks become much more difficult to follow. Savendir, you can try another survival check to continue following the tracks.

Trick Door:

Bjorn answers, "I know that feelin. I stopped fightin it long ago. Now, I just enjoy the trip south." As the dealer calls out another number, Both Bjorn and Corvin lose again. "I see my stack is plumb hit the bottom. Your's seems to be in a similar state. I'm stayin at the Royal Hare in the south part o town. Do ya mine headin back toward there with me? Sirathu ain't safe to be walkin alone at night these past few months. Even for hearty dwarf like me."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Rich Fox Group:

Unfortunately, the dirt from the wagon wheels soon wears off on the cobble stone road and the trail is lost after about 10 feet on Quiet Axe Bend. The last known direction of the trail is due north, but there appears to be another intersection about 300 feet ahead. Following the road straight ahead will take you out of town toward the North and Kaer Maga.

Updated Map


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

"Maybe they turned off. We should check the side roads and see if you can pick up the tracks again, Savendir."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox:
"I agree," Savendir says. He searches the areas around the road to see if it picks up anywhere. Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Rich Fox Group:

As Savendir searches the hard ground on Wedge Stair which intersects Quiet Axe Bend, he finds a multitude of tracks, but he cannot discern if any match the tracks he found earlier. He does notice that there are more tracks that turn to west than turn to the east.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

Flavia is stymied. "So... west?" she guesses, "Maybe they will turn off and their tracks will become more obvious? The rest of us can help you try to find them, now that we know what we're looking for, though I'm sure you will have to follow them."

Flavia looks around the western way to see if she can spot the tracks turning off the road.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Rich Fox Group:
Mason takes a quick look to the east to see if anything stands out.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Human Fighter 3

Anyone seen Enard?


Enard is having computer problems at the moment. I'll play his character for the time being.

Rich Fox Group:

Flavia and Savendir head to the west following the majority of the tracks, while Mason checks out the east.

Mason does not see anything unusual to the east. Just a few wagon tracks that head further down the road. The street is lined by a series of row houses on either side of the road. All seems quiet.

To the west, while a few wagon tracks head further down the road, the majority of tracks turn into a large set of double doors in a large building. In the dim light, Flavia can make out a sign on the building, "Carthon's Warehouse". As you face the double doors of the warehouse, you also see a small door to the right of the double doors which says "Office".


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox:
Savendir asks Flavia, "Do you suppose we ought to weight to investigate in greater numbers? I do not know what we will find in there."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox:

Flavia whispers back, "I don't know. We don't even know where Enard and Corvin are. We don't even know if this is the place. Can you recognize the tracks we were following as heading here?" She ponders a moment. "There can't be much harm in looking it over quietly, can there? I can make a quick loop around the building so we know where the entrances and exits are, at least."

If nobody objects, Flavia (along with any other sneaky sorts who care to join her) creeps around the warehouse quietly, looking for doors and windows, checking to see if they are locked, and listening at them for sounds inside.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Rich Fox Group:
Mason looks around tentatively and joins Flavia in the search.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Rich Fox Group:

Flavia and Mason circle the warehouse. It is a large building with no windows except for one next to the door that says office. Curtains cover the window so you cannot see in. In addition to the double doors and office door that face south, there is another set of double doors on the west side of the building facing Quiet Axe Bend. Mason, spies a thin stream of light coming from beneath each set of double doors. The warehouse is about 3 stories high. Other than the light, there is no sounds or signs of activity.

Updated Map


Male Human Fighter 3

Trick Door:
"GM Tordek wrote:
Bjorn answers, "I know that feelin. I stopped fightin it long ago. Now, I just enjoy the trip south." As the dealer calls out another number, Both Bjorn and Corvin lose again. "I see my stack is plumb hit the bottom. Your's seems to be in a similar state. I'm stayin at the Royal Hare in the south part o town. Do ya mine headin back toward there with me? Sirathu ain't safe to be walkin alone at night these past few months. Even for hearty dwarf like me."

"Well, you know what they say about gamblers..."

He pauses to think for, trying to remember exactly what exactly it is that they say. After a moment, he remembers.

"You gotta know when to walk away."

He stands up from the table and prepares begins to walk toward the exit, staggering from inebriation.

"Let's make like a tree, and get the hell outta here."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

"I'm reluctant to try anything without the muscle to back us up. We really need to find Corvin and Enard. What do you think - two keep watch here while the others try to find the Trick Door?"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Rich Fox Group:
"I can stay in the shadows and keep watch."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Rich Fox Group:

"I will stay with you, Mason. Savendir and Rokuro should be able to track down our friends and bring them back."

Rich Fox Group sounds like a jazz band.


Male Human Fighter 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
Rich Fox Group sounds like a jazz band.

Damn right it does.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Rich Fox:
Savendir nods. He and Matsumoto make their way back to where they found the pin and try to seek out the Trick Door, possibly looking for more tracks.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Carthan's:

Flavia tries to make like a shadow and.. um.. hide? She tries to find a spot where she and Mason can watch both sets of doors and be in the shadows, then fades into them.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Trick door:

Bjorn and Corvin head out. In Corvin's inebriated state, he does not tell Enard that he is leaving. Enard is too engrossed in is game to notice that Corvin is leaving. He continues playing. Bjorn collects is things at the door and they head out back toward home.

Edit: only enough time to post Corvin's activities. Will try to get the other actions resolved later today.

751 to 800 of 2,332 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.