Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


651 to 700 of 2,339 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Savendir & Mason:
Mason carries Savendir's belongings to room 11 and puts his own belongings in room 12.


Trailing Group:

He pockets the money. "Very good. My name is Nad Bayghon. I am the owner of this establishment. Please sign the register." As you do, he rummages below the table and then comes back up with two keys. "Here you go, rooms 13 and 14. That will be to your right and up the stairs. If there is anything I can do to make your visit more pleasant, please let me know."

As you check in, you look around the dining area. Savendir and Mason are not in the room currently. Do you wish to continue the conversation with Nad or any patrons or head to your rooms?

Savendir and Mason:

As planned, the trailing group has arrived about 30 minutes after your arrival. I think they are about to head to their rooms. Are you listening for them? If you are, please give me some perception checks, assuming that you stayed in your rooms for those 30 minutes.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

Flavia takes the key to Room 13 and leaves 14 on the counter. "I think I'll go check out the room and freshen up a bit before we go see the fountain. Oh, Mr. Bayghon, are the stables out back?" On the way down the hall to the right and up the stairs, she looks for rooms 11 and 12. If they are upstairs, she looks for them before entering Room 13.


Trailing Group:

"No we do not have stables here, however, there is a stable about 3 blocks from here where you can keep your horses. It is very reliable."

As Flavia heads to room 13 she sees a sign pointing to the rooms. Rooms 13 - 16 are on the second floor. Rooms 9 - 12 are on the first floor.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Trailing group:
At the counter, Enard looks at Corvin oddly. “Don’t tell me; you sleep in your armour too?” he asks.

When they begin heading to the rooms and Enard realises that rooms 11 and 12 are on a different floor to rooms 13 and 14, he can’t help it, he lets out a brief snort of laughter. “Oh, I didn’t even think of that,” he says. “Just blindly assumed that 12 would be next to 13 …”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

Flavia checks out the hallway to Rooms 11 and 12 to see if it's highly visible from the common area or front desk, or if it's relatively sheltered, but doesn't stop to examine anything. She proceeds to Room 13 and opens the door with the key, dumping most of her junk inside and examining the lock to the room with a professional eye as long as nobody but her party members are around to see her.

Disable device:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Guess we should take the horses to the stables, huh?" she asks while poking at the lock with her tools, "It's inconvenient that 11/12 are on a different floor, but not the end of the world."


Trailing Group:

The locks seems ordinary but secure. It will deter most people from entering the room, but a trained thief will be able to pick it with some ease. The rest of the room looks spartan but clean.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Savendir & Mason:
Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Well, if they're really loud...


Male Human Fighter 3

Trailing Group:
Enard Darkblade wrote:
At the counter, Enard looks at Corvin oddly. “Don’t tell me; you sleep in your armour too?” he asks.

Corvin nods slightly, shifting his stance.

"I, uh, ain't seen the need to take it off. Gotta be prepared, y'know."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Mason:
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Savendir:

Savendir overhears the hushed familiar voices of his comrades as they pass by his room on their way to their rooms on the second floor.

Mason:

Mason you hear some muffled footsteps passing by but that is all.

Trailing Group:

The stables are not too difficult to find. A young steward greets you. "We have room for your horses. It will cost 2 silver pieces per day per horse payable in advance. How many days do you wish to pay for?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

Flavia sighs and pulls out her purse again. "Four days, please. How about I give you five days worth of stabling and you make sure Blazing Doom here gets an apple and some oats every day?" She pets Doom's nose. "I'll come visit, big guy," she coos to the horse.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason:
Mason hopes that the Mr. Bayghon is aware of the rat problem...


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Mason:
"Our companions have arrived. They are headed upstairs. Perhaps they have secured rooms there," Savendir tells Mason.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

"So, what do you think? Should we go see this amazing fountain prophet?" Flavia asks the rest, once the horses are safely stabled. "Maybe we'll see something else, too."


Male Human Fighter 3

Trailing Group:
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"So, what do you think? Should we go see this amazing fountain prophet?" Flavia asks the rest, once the horses are safely stabled. "Maybe we'll see something else, too."

"The hell are you talkin' about?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

And Shiny gets post 666. :P

Trailing group:

"There's a prophetess of Pharasma here, whose prophesying apparently started a dry fountain running. That's what all the fuss is about. It's brought a lot of prosperity to town, judging from the new additions on the Rich Fox. It also seems to have brought something that makes folks disappear. Or perhaps they're unrelated and it's just more evident here, where so many people cluster. In any case, the fountain seems worth a look. Maybe we can catch a glimpse of this 'Cerpera' gal everyone's fawning over."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Trailing team:
“We’ve lost track of the other two,” says Enard darkly. “We probably should have touched base with them at the inn … it’d be a pity if they are targeted by whoever we’re up against here while we’ve been seeing to the horses. Ah well … chances are they’ll be heading to the fountain too, if they’re able. Keep an eye out for them when we get there.”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing team:

"The others disappeared at night, at least as far as we know. If you like, half of us could head back to the inn and the rest to the fountain. We'll corral our runaways and meet up at the fountain."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Bump.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Savendir & Mason:
"I'm getting impatient for our abductors," Mason sighs.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Trailing Team:
Enard shakes his head. “No … let’s head straight to the fountain like you suggested before. The others might not have stayed at the inn, and either way we don’t want to draw too much attention to the fact that we know them. We’ll keep an eye out for them at the fountain though, and on the way.”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing team:

Flavia nods agreeably and gives Blazing Doom a last pat. She heads towards the fountain, keeping a close eye out for Savendir and Mason while generally taking in the sights. She figures looking around like a tourist is common here, so her obvious searching for the other party members won't be noticed.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir & Mason:
"They came and left," Savendir says. "Peryaps we ought to do some investigating of our own. Should we look around the fountain? We are to be pilgrims, after all."


Trailing Group:

It is dark now. The area around the fountain is well lit with several lanterns surrounding the square in the center of the village. Beyond the square however, a few lanterns along the streets and the brightness of the moon are the only illumination. a few people are scattered around going to and fro but for the most part the village seems to have wrapped it self up and gone to sleep. As Flavia looks around the square, she spots Savendir and Mason coming up the street from the Rich Fox.

Savendir and Mason:

As you walk the short distance between the Inn and the fountain, the streets are dark and barely illuminated by the lanterns lining the streets. However, the square surrounding fountain is well lit by several lanterns surrounding the square. As you are about to enter the square, you see your friends have already arrived. Flavia seems to have noticed you approaching.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir strolls around the fountain, getting a look at the sights. I'm trying to get a sense of what type of activity goes on here. Is it frequently visited by large crowds? Are there stacks of offerings? Signs posted? Are there any shrines? I'm looking to get a sense of what is big and obvious about the area.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:
Flavia bumps Enard's arm with one elbow. "Oh look, an elf with a human servant. How odd. And I need to find something to bring home for my mother and sister. Do you see any little trinkets suitable for them?" She also strolls around, looking for vendors selling mementos of the holy site, trying to keep Savendir and Mason in sight without being obvious.


In the northeast corner of the square surrounding the fountain is a large shrine to Pharasma. A few carts are setup around the periphery. They are closed at the moment, but from the signs advertising their wares, they seem to be selling trinkets adorned with Pharasma's holy symbol and the name Cerpera, the oracle.

The square itself is about two hundred feet across and two hundred feet deep.

There are three other small groups beside yourselves milling about looking at the fountain as the water flows happily. Their conversations are hushed so you can't make out what they are saying clearly.

A sign near the fountain says the following:

Throw off the bonds of tyranny. Live free and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Come and hear Cerpera, Oracle of the Fountain at noon today. She shall show you the way.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir looks about for anyone suspicious, or signs of abductions or violence. Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason heads over to the fountain and walks around it while looking for anything unusual.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

Flavia says quietly to her group, "Now we know our decoys are safe, we should probably get set up for the night. If we head back to the Inn, I can try to get us into Savendir and Mason's room so we can be waiting when they get back. With three of us in each room, we should be ready for whatever happens."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:

Flavia says quietly to her group, "Now we know our decoys are safe, we should probably get set up for the night. If we head back to the Inn, I can try to get us into Savendir and Mason's room so we can be waiting when they get back. With three of us in each room, we should be ready for whatever happens."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

trailing group:
Enard murmurs, “Sounds like a plan … but try to give one of the guys a signal or a whispered message to head back in five minutes after we leave – the streets are getting quiet, and it’d be easier to snatch someone from out here than to break into their room at the inn … now I think about it, maybe we should wait until they head back and sneak into their rooms once they’re inside. What do you think?”

As he speaks, Enard glances about, keeps an eye out for anything suspicious or troubling. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Savendir and Mason:

No suspicious activity seems to be occurring around the well lit fountain square.

Enard:

You do not see anything unusual. But you do hear a familiar voice whispering to you. "That small group over there by the fountain. They were talking about a private gambling club in the Northeast corner of the city, The Trick Door. It's too young a night to turn in. What's the harm of checking it out? It may help you find the noble's son you seek.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

GM:
Is the familiar voice that of my sword?


Enard:

Yes, sorry I didn't make it clearer in my post. Also, you can choose to ignore its suggestion. This is not a railroad device.

Edited


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard pauses in his murmured conversation with Flavia, as if listening to something. He puts up a finger in a ‘wait’ motion, then wanders off a little from the rest of his companions, towards a small group of people standing closer to the fountain, whom he appears to engage in conversation.

GM:
“Pleasant evening,” Enard says to the people there, standing easily and looking at the fountain. “Forgive me, I could not help but hear you speak of Towers and Dragon Eyes … I came with my friends to see this fountain, but myself I am more interested in throwing the dice, and I have some coin to spare. Do you know of anywhere in this town that I could find some fellow devotees of Lady Luck, if you catch my meaning?”


Enard:

The two people look nervously at each other for a moment. Then the shorter man says, "In a village of religious fanatics, that sort of activity is quite frowned upon." He looks you over for a few seconds. "Aye, you do you have the gambling look, I must say. Tired clothing, disheveled look, air of desperation. Has Desna not been shining brightly on you of late?" jokes the man. His friend lets out a hearty laugh. "I may know of such a place where your poor luck may continue. As a matter of fact, we are heading that way ourselves if you wish to join us. Perhaps our merry trio may attract Desna's blessing and change your fortune. My name is Kelan and my friend's name is Zoque. Your name is?"


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason, intrigued by the mention of Desna, strains to hear the conversation...as nonchalantly as possible.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Trailing group:
Flavia remains chatting with Corvin and Rokuro, surveying the area and keeping an eye on everyone. She reads the signs and chuckles.

"Scheduled prophecy, huh? Seems.. contrived." She drifts nearer a different group from the one Enard is addressing and eavesdrops.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Flavia:

Flavia overhears the following snippet of conversation.

"...quite the sermon Cerpera gave today. If the rulers of Korvosa heard what she is suggesting, I think they would have regiment of soldiers in a week. I can't believe she is so bold." Another person in the group answers, "She's bold because she is channeling Pharasma directly. Maybe she is Pharasma's new herald. She only speaks the truth. Pharasma will protect her as long as she stays true." A third person speaks up. "I think it's time to retire to the Royal Hare." With that, the group moves off toward southwest part of town.

Mason:

This is the part of the conversation you hear.
"...As a matter of fact, we are heading that way ourselves if you wish to join us. Perhaps our merry trio may attract Desna's blessing and change your fortune. My name is Kelan and my friend's name is Zoque. Your name is?"

Enard:

Mason has meandered his way toward you and the group you are speaking with. He may have heard part of your conversation. Go ahead and look at Mason's spoiler to know when he got into ear shot.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

GM and Mason:
“Enard,” says Enard, putting out his hand to shake Kelan’s. “Desna frowns of late, but my friends convinced me that coming here to Sirathu would change our luck … and what do you know, perhaps it has.” He chuckles, then drops his voice as Mason draws near (though deliberately not enough that he thinks Mason actually wouldn’t be able to hear him).

“Cards and dice it is. I’ll follow your lead gentleman,” he says. “Just wait one moment while I tell my friends that I’ll be back to the inn late.”

Enard strides back to where Corvin and Rokuro stand, passing Mason as he does. With his face turned away from Kelan and Zoque, and looking at Mason, he flicks his eyes to the left, trying to indicate to Mason to go and talk with them – figuring if Mason is able to score his own invitation to the game (if that’s what he wants to do) it will look less suspicious than if Enard is there and invites him along.

Enard shakes the hand of one of the men, then walks back past Mason as he approaches towards Rokuro and Corvin.

GM, Rokuro and Corvin:
“I’ve just scored an invite to a private gambling den,” he says quickly and quietly. “Could be the sort of place our noble friend may have frequented while he was here, or at least a window to what passes as the criminal element in this town. Stay in Saevendir’s or Mason’s rooms tonight like Flavia suggested … though it looks like Mason might be with me. Worry if we’re not back by midnight. Place is called The Trick Door, northeast part of town. Tell Flavia.”

Enard turns to go, “and don’t wait up,” he adds more loudly and jovially, before heading back to the two men.

Enard talks to the battle sorcerer and the mercenary for a brief moment, then heads back towards the two men he was talking to a moment ago.

EDITED


Male Human Fighter 3

GM and Rokuro:
Enard Darkblade wrote:

“I’ve just scored an invite to a private gambling den,” he says quickly and quietly. “Could be the sort of place our noble friend may have frequented while he was here, or at least a window to what passes as the criminal element in this town. Stay in Savendir’s or Mason’s rooms tonight like Flavia suggested … though it looks like Mason might be with me. Worry if we’re not back by midnight. Place is called The Trick Door, northeast part of town. Tell Flavia.”

Enard turns to go, “and don’t wait up,” he adds more loudly and jovially, before heading back to the two men.

"Is is just me, or is somethin' happening I don't know about?"

Corvin looks darkly at Enard's retreating form."

"Wish I had one o' them invites."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia drifts back to the team, watching Enard return to the other group and rather disgusted at having missed the conversation.

Corvin and Rokuro:
Flavia says quietly, "That group seems to think Cerpera is quite the insurrectionist. They're staying at the Royal Hare. What did Enard have to say?"


Male Human Fighter 3

Flavia and Rokuro:
Corvin throws a meaningful glance in the direction that Enard took.

"I ain't heard nothin 'bout no instant reckoning, but Enard took Mason to some gamblin' place. And he didn't invite me, neither.


Enard heads back toward the two men he was talking to. They laugh and clap him on the back and begin walking toward the road leading north out of the square.

Flavia, Corvin and Rokuro: Are you heading back to the Rich Fox? Savendir and Mason: What are you doing next?


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Corvin and Rokuro:

Flavia curses softly. "So we're splitting up further? We've set up bait, but Enard may be the one who is taken now." She sighs. "If Mason is going with Enard, then we need to trail Savendir back to the Rich Fox and make sure he's safe. We pass his room on the way to ours. Should be easy enough to slip inside if nobody is watching. Did Enard say where he'd meet back up with us? And if Mason doesn't go with him, one of us needs to."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir and Mason:
Savendir circles back to Mason. "Not much seems to go on in this square at night. Perhaps we should return tomorrow when there is a crowd."


Correct me if I'm wrong, Savendir and Mason will be heading back to the Rich Fox, Enard is heading off on his own, and Flavia, Corvin, and Rokuro are also heading back to the Rich Fox, unless someone takes Flavia's suggestion to go along with Enard.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

I had the impression that Mason was going to try to get himself invited along to the club with Enard, but I might have missed something amongst the spoilers.

651 to 700 of 2,339 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.