Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Souls for a Devil

Game Master Tordek Rumnaheim

A noble's son has gone missing while on a pilgrimage to Sirathu. Can our heroes find him in time?


1 to 50 of 2,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

12th of Lamashan, 4711

It is approaching dusk. Each of you finds yourself in the study of Vadan Pieresiff's residence in Korvosa. You have come at the request of Regas Gurvitig, an agent in the employ of Master Pieresiff, attracted by the offer of 250 gold pieces each to locate Vadan's missing son Nadru.

The study is decorated in a fashion that appears to be about 10 years behind the times. Vadan Pieresiff is a minor noble in Korvosa, whose family has seen better times. However, his title still has enough influence in the affairs of the city to allow Vadan to live a comfortable existence.

Joining you in the room, are five other adventurers all of whom appear to be here for the same reason. As the last adventurer is shown into the study, a slight man in his mid 30's rises up from the desk. You recognize him as Regas.

"Thank you for coming on short notice. I have been making inquiries, and I believe you each possess," Regas pauses and clears his throat and then continues, "certain skills and abilities that are suited for this delicate matter. Master Pieresiff will be joining us shortly to provide you with more details. In the mean time, help yourself to some food and drink, and acquaint yourself with each other." With that, Regas, rings a small bell and servants enter the room from a hidden door bearing a spread of cold meats, breads, vegetables, fruit, wines and ale from a nearby Korvosan distillery.

As the food and drink is laid out, Regas leaves the room to notify Vadan of your arrival.

Make yourself at home and introduce your characters to each other.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Leaning casually against a wall in the back of the room Rokuro takes in his fellow adventurers, trying to gauge each ones particular skills, while still listening to what Regas has to say.
When Regas leaves, he moves smoothly to the table of food and piles a plate full of fruits, retreating back to his wall to watch and learn...


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia hustles to the table before Urzur can get there to empty it, snagging a plate and heaping it with moderate servings of all available food groups. "Nice digs, nice spread," she says approvingly, grabbing a small glass of ale and moving to a seat. "Good to see you again, Urzur. The rest of you, I'm Flavia. Looks like we've been carefully selected, huh? At least our employer sets a good table. Sir, you're going to whither away to nothing if you don't get some bread and meat." She nods at Rokuru, then digs in to her meal. "Mmmmmm."

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"Sir, you're going to whither away to nothing if you don't get some bread and meat." She nods at Rokuru.

Rokuro smiles at the woman and nods his head in a greeting. "Fruit and vegetables keep the body heathly and the soul free from taint," he says with an accent that the others find hard to place. "I spy no fish or rice at the table to accompany the vegetables, and so I am content with my selection."


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

Mason smiles. "I suppose you could say I was chosen especially to help out. I guess my 250 gold will go to a worthy cause, since I have been obligated not to take it."

He picks up and studies a fork, feeling its weight and admiring it's reflective surface, before dropping it into a vest pocket.

"My name is Mason, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet new companions on my travels."


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

"Flavia, you're still wandering around, eh?" the man says with a grin. "Good to meet the rest of you."

Urzur takes a seat at the table, grabbing the biggest hunk of meet he can lay hands on and taking a big bite out of it, before washing it down with some ale. "I go by Urzur if you ain't met me."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

A slender elf with a youthful appearance rises to take some of the fruits and a goblet of wine. "These Korvosan vintners have impeccable taste," he says, after savoring the aroma. "Savendir Inaris is my name. I don't make my way into the city often, but I hope my skills can be of use if there has been any foul play." He takes his seat patiently.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

The last of the adventurers to arrive, a good ten minutes after the appointed time, is a fairly tall human man with a lithe build, a narrow face, and long dark hair tied back in a single braid and tucked down into the collar of his once finely tailored but now travelstained and weather-worn shirt. Most notably, he bears a long, straight sword in a scabbard on his back – quite against decorum in Korvosa, where it might be acceptable to wear a rapier or dagger into a nobleman’s home, but not a war-blade such as this. But then adventurer’s are not commonly known for their decorum, and he is probably not the only one of this group who goes openly armed.

He ignores Regas’s raised eyebrow at his tardiness, and like the Tian man spends a few moments closely studying the others in the room, before stepping over to the table, pouring himself a goblet of wine, swirling it, sniffing at it before taking a small sip. His expression is rather serious throughout the small ritual, although his lip quirks in a brief smile when he notices the one called Mason pocket some of the silverware.

He nods briefly as everyone introduces themselves. “Enard,” he says shortly, then gives a surreptitious glance around at the others as if checking to see if any of them recognise him. When no one does, he gives a slight shrug and stands back to lean against a wall, sipping at his wine and waiting for their host to arrive.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

After Enard introduces himself and he's had a moment to settle in, Rokuro puts his plate down and steps forward. "My humblest apologies for my lack of introduction." He bows to each person in turn. "I am Matsumoto Rokuro. Originally from the Empire of Minkai, I now reside in Absolom." He thinks for a second. "That is of course when I am not otherwise engaged with one or another... undertaking."
He steps back to pick up his plate and resume leaning against the wall quietly.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard raises an eyebrow. “Long way from home, on both counts,” he comments.


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia washes down the last of her meal with a huge swig of ale, then looks sympathetically at Rokuru. "I thought I'd traveled a bit, but I've never gotten out of Varisia - though a lot of her dirt has been under my boots. This is home for me, though. I can't imagine being so far away as Minkai, or even Absalom. Oh, yeah." She rises and nods in imitation of Rokuru. "Flavia Sparacino, of Korvosa." Lifting a fresh flagon of ale, she proposes, "To a swift journey, successful commission, and safe return home for us all!"


After about 20 minutes, Regas enters the room followed by a middle aged man whose attire matches the decor of the room, fashions from about 10 years ago. Still, the man carries himself with the regal authority of someone in charge of great matters. Finally, a third man enters the room sheepishly. He is dressed in the uniform of a footman. He peers nervously at the assembled adventurers, then quickly grabs the nearest wall space that is separate from everyone else, and tries to blend into the decor as much as possible.

Regas, clears his throat, and announces, "May I present his master, Lord of Turnberry, Vadan Pieresiff." Regas takes a step to the side and back to make a path for Master Pieresiff. The lord steps forward, his pompousness unsuccessfully trying to mask the worry in his face. "Forgive me but I must refrain from normal pleasantries. A serious incident has occurred and time is of the essence." Master Pieresiff pauses to assess the assembled party. He then continues, "On the first of this month, my dear son Nadu was abducted while on some sort of pilgramage to the tiny village of Sirathu to the north. It has now been 11 days and no one has heard from him. I will pay each of you 250 gold pieces, 50 now and 200 upon the safe return of my son. To speed your journey, I will give each of you a light horse. This man, he nods to the humble footman, is Falowyn Smeid. He is the last person to have seen him on the first. I assume you will want to question him."

Smeid steps timidly forward, ready to answer any questions.


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

"Mmn." Urzur raises his mug to Flavia's toast, then drinks. He looks over the room, appraising each of his fellows one at a time just prior the entry of their client.

Apparently satisfied, Urzur leans forward in his chair, looking at Smeid. "May as well ask. Did you see the kidnappers?"


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia nods sympathetically at Smeid. "In fact, why don't you tell us the whole story, Falowyn? Where you were staying, what happened, everything you saw and heard and smelled. It's been so long that the trail may be difficult to pick up in Sirathu. Any details you remember could be crucial to bringing Nadu home, even if they didn't seem important to you at the time."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard cocks his head as if listening to some unheard voice for a moment, then nods slightly as if coming to a decision.

“Why Sirathu?” he asks. “I assume he went there to see the White Prince’s Fountain; was there some other purpose to his journey? Have any demands for ransom been received?” The question is directed at the father, not the footman.


Falowyn edges nervously away from the wall and glances at Vadan and Regas before beginning. “I did not see the kidnappers. The last time I saw young master Nadu was at lunch time in Sirathu. I was going to procure some supplies for our return home the following day and Master Nadu was going to spend some more time at the fountain to catch one more sermon from Cerpera. We were –“ Falowyn suddenly stops as Vadan snorts in disgust at the mention of Cerpera’s name. “Unappreciative witch that one. Ranting and raving about throwing off Korvosa’s yoke. All we have done for them, for what? I told Nadu that she is no prophet, just a rabble rouser. Sometimes youth must learn its own lessons.” Regas clears his throat again, and Vadan regains his composure. “Continue” he commands Falowyn.

Startled by Vadan’s outburst, Falowyn stammers before continuing. “We, we, we were going to meet the following morning at dawn to begin our journey home. But Master Nadu, did not appear. I waited until mid – morning before I began searching for him. I checked his room, but it was unslept in. I returned to the fountain but there was no sign of him there either. I searched for the remainder of the day but could not find him. I continued to search the following day. Finally, I inquired with the local constable, Enyden Sust to see if anybody fitting Nadu’s description was found. But she brushed me off saying with all of the comings and goings since Cerpera’s miracle, she can’t possibly keep up with every missing person request she receives. Still not able to find any clue to Nadu’s whereabouts, I left first thing on the 4th and rode as fast as I could here to tell Regas of young master Nadu’s disappearance.” Falowyn looks pleadingly at Vadan, “Please master, forgive me, I did my best to keep Nadu safe.”

Vadan glares at Falowyn, then turns to answer Enard's query. "No, we have received no ransom demands so far. The fool boy went to hear this so called water prophet speak at the fountain. He sees her as the next herald of Pharasma. I see her as nothing but trouble. Stirring up the locals to rise up against Korvosa authority."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

"Tell me about Nadu," Savendir requests patiently. "How would you describe his disposition? Is he disposed to wandering off? Is the young man capable of defending himself if threatened?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3
GM Tordek wrote:
"Finally, I inquired with the local constable, Enyden Sust to see if anybody fitting Nadu’s description was found. But she brushed me off saying with all of the comings and goings since Cerpera’s miracle, she can’t possibly keep up with every missing person request she receives.”

Rokuro perks up for a second and pushes himself off the wall. "Pardon my intrusion, but from what you say it seems as though there have been more than just this disappearance in the town since this miracle has occurred. Nadu's may just have been the latest link in a chain."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3
GM Tordek wrote:

Vadan glares at Falowyn, then turns to answer Enard's query. "No, we have received no ransom demands so far. The fool boy went to hear this so called water prophet speak at the fountain. He sees her as the next herald of Pharasma. I see her as nothing but trouble. Stirring up the locals to rise up against Korvosa authority."

“We can’t have that,” Enard comments dryly.

He looks Vaden in the eye. “If I may speak freely Lord Pieresiff,” he says, barely pausing for an answer before continuing, “I’m willing to go along on this job, and will do my best to find your son and bring him back ... but having not received a ransom demand may not be a good sign for a happy resolution. It suggests three possibilities to me.” He counts off on his fingers. “One is that your son is, sadly, dead. Two is that he’s been kidnapped by someone who doesn’t know or care about his lineage, which may follow that he’s been taken out of the region to be sold into slavery or similar. Three is that no foul play is involved and your son has simply gone off on his own accord.

“Now, some of those possibilities are better for you and your son than others, but none of them are particularly good for us,” Enard continues. “Two hundred and fifty gold Sails is a fair reward for a straightforward kidnapping, but not for other possibilities. Half of the promised two hundred additional for the return of the body, if your son is dead before we find him; an additional 5 gold pieces per person, per day for expenses if this mission takes us beyond Korvosan held territory; and the full promised reward if we bring proof of your son’s well-being and whereabouts if he has disappeared of his own free will, with an additional two hundred gold Sails each if you wish us to return him to you against his will.

“I apologise for my bluntness my lord, but we must consider all the likely possibilities and consequences.”

Enard raises an eyebrow and awaits Vaden’s response or reaction.


Vadan's gruff demeanor softens when Savendir asks about his son. "He really is a good boy, although a bit head strong. He gets that from his dear, departed mother." Vadan pulls a hankerchief from his pocket, and dabs an eye, then continues. "It's from her that he became a follower of Pharasma. He always seemed to tend to the scholarly side of things. I think that is what led him to Sirathu. For years now he has heard about the Oracle of the Water in Sirathu. How Pharasma lifted her from the street and gave her power over water. Her first miracle was to bring water out of a barren fountain. That was over four years ago. He told me he had to see her in person to learn for himself if she truly was a harbinger of great change. I told him not to go, he has never ventured far from the city limits, but still he insisted. He at least agreed to allow Falowyn to accompany him, for all of the good that did. Oh Regas, why wouldn't he let you go along for protection? He was never skilled with a blade."

As Vadan finishes, Falowyn answers Matsumoto, "We heard a few rumors about strange disappearances while we were there, but we thought they were just idle gossip to frighten visitors into hiring protection. Sirathu has little in the way of commerce. I'm afraid I can't offer more information about that."


Taken slightly aback by Enard's forthcoming attitude, Vadan says to Regas, "A fine lot of mercenaries you have found me." Turning back to the group, Vadan answers Enard. "Normally, I would not allow such impertinence stand, but your assessment of the possibilities is accurate and you have me at a disadvantage in that time is of the essence. I'll agree to your terms but what assurance do I have in return that you will not merely pocket my 50 gold pieces, steal my horses and never return?"


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard nods. “A fair question my lord. As you know, Korvosan law does not look kindly on contract breakers, even less so on those who would try to scam a nobleman. I can’t speak for these others, but I am a citizen of Korvosa, and have no desire to end up in the Hanging Judge’s courtroom next time I return. This contract is made before several witnesses,” he gestures to Regas and the footman, “should it come to that – or alternatively I’m willing to sign a written contract before a notary from the Bank of Abadar if you prefer.”

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

"I admittedly know little of your customs, as this is my first visit to this region, but I am willing to submit to whatever you deem necessary in establishing my honour and willingness to see your son returned to you."


Vadan sighs heavily. "Regas has selected you at my request and I value his judgment. With so little time, I have no other choice than to accept your handshake as your bond. Now that the terms have been agreed upon, I must insist that you leave for Sirathu first thing in the morning. You may stay here tonight as my guests. What other questions do you have?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

"I got a good name to think of." Urzur growls, giving the noble an almost insulted look. "You know how bad for business it'd be if I ran out on a contract? I wouldn't be able to get work anywhere near here. Ain't worth the gold or the horse."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“We’re all professionals, that’s why your man contacted us,” Enard agrees with the UIfen’s statement. “We’ll do our best to find your son, and that’s all that anyone can rightly promise. I’ll not say no to a comfortable bed before an early start.” The mercenary cocks his head as if listening again. “Oh yes, another question, may we have a detailed physical description of the boy? It may be useful. Including the clothing he was wearing and any distinctive items he may have had about his person when last seen.” Enard looks to the footman, then back to the noble. “As good or better than a description would be to see a recent and accurate portrait, if you’ve had one painted in the last year or so?”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Falowyn, was anything in Nadu's room disturbed or missing? What did you do with his things? Please tell me you paid the inn for his room for a couple of weeks in advance so it will be untouched when we get there." Flavia has looked increasingly glummer as she listens to the conversation, and asks this final question with a rather hopeless air.


Falowyn answers Enard, "He was wearing his explorer's outfit and a wide brim hat when I left. His cloak was maroon with a gold border, his pants were black and his shirt, hmmm" Enard tries hard to remember that horrible day. "I think he wore his gray shirt that day. Around his neck and tucked under his shirt he keeps a small silver holy symbol of Pharasma." Falowyn glances again at Vadan, "He is a bit on the portly side, like his father, but he still has a full head of hair. It is a deep black color like his mothers and he has green eyes. Finally, he is little under 6 feet tall and he is 20 years old."

Vadan, trying to maintain some of his dignity this evening, adds, "No, no we do not have a recent portrait of him unfortunately. I am planning to commission one in the spring in preparation for the 21st anniversary of his birth. There is one other distinctive mark. On the inside of his right, upper forearm there is small tattoo in the shape of our family crest. All Pieresiff men get them on their 16th birthday."

Falowyn looks horrified at Flavia's question. "I, I, I did not even think of preserving his room. I left as quickly as I could to report to Master Vadan what had happen to his son." Falowyn frowns as he tries to recall Nadu's room. "I did not look carefully ma'am. But nothing seemed to be out of place. Nadu was not the neatest boy. We were staying at the Rich Fox Tavern and Inn if that is helpful."

Vadan moves to the desk, pulls a piece of parchment, and writes a message. He rolls up the parchment, places a bit of wax on it, and then seals it with his ring. The ring leaves an impression of the family crest on the wax. "When you find Nadu, give him this message. He will know by its contents that it is from me and that he can trust you."

"If you have no more questions from me, I will bid adieu and good luck. Regas will take care of your payment and have your horses prepared. You will have enough rations to cover the 5 day ride. If there are any other supplies you require I suggest you procure them soon as it is getting late and many shops will be closing soon."

You may continue to question Falowyn if you wish. If anyone else wants to shop in Korvosa before departing you have about 30 minutes before most reputable supply stores close for the evening. Otherwise, you can retire for the evening and head out in the morning. Also, feel free to converse and plan among yourselves.

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Once Vadan, Regas and Falowyn leave the room, Rokuro turns to address the group. "Pardon for my forthcoming, but does anyone else feel that this might be a wild chase of chickens? By the time we reach this Sirathu, it will be almost three weeks since Nadu disappeared. I despair of finding any trace of him after such a time." He bows respectfully to the party at the completion of his assessment.
"With this being said. I will see through my part in this assignment. I have no need to purchase anything and would be willing to plan our strategies, although we will have time enough on our journey for such things. I will retire at the finishment of our meeting and rejoin you for our morning meal."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

"Part of me - maybe my optimism - is inclined to believe the young man simply ran off in a bout of religious fervor. Still, if we can bring such word back to his family, I'm sure they will be glad to know he is well."

"Either that or, as you said, Enard, he has been put to some nefarious end, and if that is the case, three weeks is a long time."

"The inn seems like it will be a good place to start, and the pilgrims at the oracle may know of him as well, especially if he set out on his own in the name of his devotion."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia rises and paces once the group is left alone. "It does seem hopeless to try to track him now, if we have a good tracker here?" She glances around at the group to see if anyone volunteers that talent.

"I think Mister Rokuro was on the right track during the questioning. We should definitely check at the inn and shrine, but Enyden Sust, the constable, may be our best bet. If others have gone missing, she will probably have been bothered by pesky family members asking that she - you know - do her job. You'd think she would at least care about the people with money." Flavia snorts in disgust.


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir sighs. "I have extensive experience tracking, but I do not hold out hope to follow a three week old trail."

"And you are right. The constable must have some sort of suspicion as to who is behind these events."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia glances out the window at the lowering sun. "It's been fun, friends, but I need to pick up a couple of things before the stores close. See you here later tonight, or in the morning." She grabs a piece of fruit for the road and slips out the door.

Flavia buys two potions of cure light wounds, stops in at home to let her mother and sister know what's happening, and returns to the house to spend the night. She checks her gear, sharpens her pointy weapons, and packs for the road before retiring.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“If, as our friend noted, there have been a number of possible disappearances that the local constable has been reluctant to investigate, we should consider the possibility that she might be behind events,” comments Enard. “Just something to keep in mind.”

He finishes his wine and puts some cold meat, fruit, bread and cheese onto a plate. “I suppose I’ll see you all in the morning,” he says, before striding away chewing on some food from his plate.

Enard heads out into the darkening city, stopping in at one of the small shopfronts attached to the Bank of Abadar to spend his advance fee on a healing potion, before making his way to his tiny apartment in the Old city, packing his travelling gear and locking the place up tightly. He then heads over to the stable attached to a local inn and arranges to have his horse brought to Pieresiff’s stable, before heading back to the guest room he has been given at the noble’s town house.

Before bedding down for the night, the mercenary pulls out a sheet of parchment and his inkpen and makes some notes.

Nadru Pieresiff, son of Vaden, 20 y.o., black hair, green eyes, 5’10”?, portly build, tattoo of family crest on right upper forearm.
Last seen by footman Falowyn Smeid midday 2nd Lamashan 4711 at Rich Fox Tavern and Inn near White Princes Fountain, Sirathu. Was going to hear sermon by Cerpera – Pharasmin prophet?? Oracle of the Water.
Wearing maroon cloak w. gold border, black pants, grey shirt, wide brimmed hat. Wears small silver holy symbol of Pharasma.
No ransom demands.
Rumours of other disappearances.
Local constable Enyden Sust. Unwilling to investigate?
Cerpera. Anti Korvosan sympathies.
Approx five days Korvosa -> Sirathu. Arrive evening 17th? Missing over two weeks. Anyone who wanted to harm him would have done so by now. Already dead?
Pharasmin cult? He may have joined, willingly or otherwise. Ritual sacrifice?
Rebels? As above.

His notes complete, Enard settles down to sleep. His dreams are filled with places he has never been and faces he has never seen ...


If anyone else wishes to purchase items before retiring go ahead and post your purchases. Otherwise we will continue on to morning.

13 Lamashan 4711
Dawn breaks over House Pieresiff. Those that stayed with Lord Pieresiff awaken to a hearty breakfast. Regas joins you shortly. "Your horses are saddled and ready to go. You each have 5 days of provisions to carry you for the journey. Here is a map of the area to help guide you to Sirathu. May the gods bless your journey.

Map of Korvosa Surrounding Area

Light horses with loads can travel up to 32 miles per day. Give me an idea of your general route.


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

I can’t view the map for some reason, but I assume it is similar to the one in the Guide To Korvosa?

Enard studies the map over the last bites of his breakfast pastry. “We should be able to make Harse in two days, so long as we stick to the roads and don’t dally,” he says. “There’s a good inn there, or was a few years back. From there we can head north by Janderhoff to Sirathu ... or we might be quicker bypassing Harse and heading straight to Janderhoff? I’m not sure of bridges or fords across the Falcon River east of Harse, but I imagine there’s probably a road.”


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

Urzur will be grabbing a potion of Cure Light Wounds as well, just in case.

"Whichever way's fastest is all that matters. Sooner we're done, the sooner we get paid."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“Harse may add time and miles to our journey,” Enard concedes, “but not if we have to go miles out of our way to cross the Falcon in making straight for Sirathu. And there’s something to be said for knowing you’ve got a roof overhead and a warm meal in store at least once on the journey.” He looks about at the others.

“Any of you familiar with the roads north?”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"Not all that familiar," Flavia admits. "It looks like cross-country to Sirathu would be our fastest route, but the roads are usually there for good reason. Short cuts oft lead to long delays." She chews thoughtfully on a pastry as she dots off days of travel on the map with one stubby forefinger. "Two days to Harse, another two to - and through - Janderhoff, and a day after that, camping everywhere but at Harse. More and more time slips away. Does anybody else know if the straight route to Sirathu is a good one?"


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

“Either way we’re probably not going to get much change out of five days,” comments Enard. “Don’t worry for the lad ... if someone wanted him dead they’ll have had little reason not to kill him before now, and if he’s still alive then chances are he’ll still be alive whenever we get there.”

He looks again at the map, scratching at his chin, then around at the others. “Unless someone knows better ... we’re probably over-thinking this and wasting away the morning. What say we take the road north and see what conditions are like? There should be some point where the road splits to Harse on one hand and Janderhoff and Sirathu on the other – we can decide at that point.”


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

Flavia nods agreement, washes down the last of the pastry with some breakfast ale, and shoves a couple of pieces of fruit in her belt pouch. Standing, she swings her pack to one shoulder. "Sounds like a good plan, Enard. Surely this map shows only the main road. We keep bearing north, hoping to hit Janderhoff sooner and we're bound to cut off a big loop of road meant mostly for wagons, not a lightly-mounted band of horsemen."


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

"That'd probably dodge ambushes, too." Urzur chimes in, reasoning that bandits would stick mostly to wagon-trails where the loot actually was. "But if we're going off the beaten path, we might hit some monsters, and that might jus' be worse."


Female Human Rogue 3 {-2/24 HP, Init +6, Perception +6}

"You warning us or hoping?" Flavia grins at Urzur.


Enard Darkblade wrote:

I can’t view the map for some reason, but I assume it is similar to the one in the Guide To Korvosa?

You are correct


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3
Flavia Sparacino wrote:
"You warning us or hoping?" Flavia grins at Urzur.

"Both." he replies with a grin.


Male Human Cleric 2 / Rogue 1 {-14/16 HP, Init -20, Perception -40}

"I'd rather not play with monsters. At least with bandits, you can negotiate. Hungry monsters, not so much, and some are really tough to just run away from."


Male Elf Purist Druid 4, Heirophant 2 {HP 33/34, AC 16, Perception +12}

Savendir contemplates his knowledge of the wilderness to see which path makes more sense.

Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6. Do I know whether cutting across the wilderness poses any particular dangers? Are the areas known for monsters or bandits?

Edit: 1? Seriously? Umm... I think if we head north we'll hit Osirion in 2 days.

Not knowing that particular area very well, Savendir recommends caution. "I agree, let's follow the roads. There may be some lesser ones that could be useful to us."


Male Human Bladebound Magus 3

Enard picks up his sword from where it has been resting in its scabbard against his chair throughout breakfast, stands, and straps it on to his harness.

“Sounds like we’re roughly agreed. Let’s move.”

Lantern Lodge

Male Human (Tien) Sorcerer of Battle 3

Rokuro finishes his breakfast of eggs and tomato, washes it down with a large mug of fresh water and stands. " I left this decision to those with more knowledge of the area than I and am happy with your decision." He eyes Enard's blade as he straps it on and nods at the ease with which he handles it. He similarly goes and Retrieves Akari from the bench it is resting against and buckles the scabbard to his belt and back, making sure it is easily accessible over his shoulder.


Male Human (Ulfen) Invunlerable Rager Barbarian 3

Urzur picks up his greatsword from where it sat against the wall. He put it in its usual position on his back, stands up, and punches his palm. "Sounds good."

1 to 50 of 2,339 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tordek's Souls for a Devil PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.