Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Solace (Inactive)

Game Master shrodingerscat

Pathfinder ruleset, E6 subset, sandbox homebrew game


851 to 897 of 897 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Elarya looks at the stone with the crystal in it and scratches her head.

"Think it's a trap?"


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 (Darkvision 60' for what it's worth)

"It could be. From here I can't find a suitable trigger, the paladin admits. You must be their strength. Garrett lets out a slight sigh and looks to the others, I'll go down first to see if I can get a better understanding of this device and the bodies at the bottom of the pit. Wish me luck..."

He sheaths his sword and edges between those surrounding the trapdoor then carefully carefully makes his descent.

If I can't take 20:
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

"Havak can try to disable first"

with that, he will attempt to climb down to it and disable

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
disable: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Havak rushes ahead of Garrett (unless he tries to stop him), and begins climbimg dowm the wall.

normaly, the DC would be 20, but since you cam brace in the corner, it becomes 15.

At the level of the crystal stone, the goblin inspects it closer, and find that it is actually a button. Upon pushing it, the eye symbol on the other stone animates and closes, staying so for just over 10 seconds, then opens again.

Havak holds his position.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak will try to drop something relatively valueless in from of the open eye to see if it zaps it or something.


As soon as Havak drops the item, he can hear a quick clicking, and then below him, about 2 or 3 feet from the bottom, long curved blades swing out from unseen slots in the wall and spin for several seconds, striking the small object and knocking it out of view.

For further clarification: The total height of the drop is 15 feet. 11 feet from the bottm is the stone with the crystal. 3 feet from the bottom is where the blades spin.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

"blade trap. button-activated timed bypass. Havak can push button to let us by, or Havak can go first and another can hold button."

Havak will hold the button down and see if the eye stays closed longer than 10 seconds.


Havak finds that as long as the button is pushed, the eye stays closed.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa was somewhat familiar with the area as her beloved Watchtower stood just beyond the grass and dunes. Her dancing lights would continue to work and provide light for Havak and the others without darkvision. She found some wood not far from the group and tested its hardiness, knowing that whatever was used to press against the button needed to hold firmly and not break. Removing the rope from her knapsack, Sansa tied the pieces of wood together well, and, stepping closer to the lip of the hole, she slowly let the rope out until Havak could reach the wood and untie it.

Sansa called down to Havak, "See if you can prop the button with this wood. It seems solid enough from what I can determine."


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak will attempt to do so and carefully monitor the rigging for signs of impending failure.


Havak slides the strudy branch into place and watches for the results. Although a slight impact could knock it free, the eye symbol stays closed. If a bit of care is made, anyone could be lowered down to the bottomw of the pit with relative ease. Havak feel confident he could now climb down to the bottom without fear of the blades.

Anyone who wishes to climb down will have to take additional precautions to avoid the branch, but if the rope is used it should be much easier.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak will go ahead a bit himself, searching for secondary traps put in to place to thwart those thinking themselves safe after avoiding the first trap.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Elarya follows Havak down after he's safely away from the first trap.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Ensuring the rope is secured and will hold, Sansa declares quietly that will remain above since she is not the best climber and believes too many bodies would congest the space inside the hole.

"Quinn and I will remain here. I will keep an eye on the rope, and if need be, aid in pulling you out."


After touching down on the bottom of the pit, Havak can clearly see that the corpses are the hacked up remains of two goblins, clearly dispatched by the blade trap. Form his position, he can see a 5 foot wide square opening that leads off further to the north, and carries on for another 20 feet before coming to what appears to be a dead end. Like the pit, the walls are bricks of stone, and the floor the same. As he approaches the end of the hallway, the dagger's vibrations pick up, and the light in the pommel once again begins to glow. Elarya has to duck slightly through the first opening, but find that the 20ft hallway accommodates much easier, as the ceiling here is about 7 ft.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

"Some goblins. Can one of you tell Havak if any goblins survived this trap and moved forward?" Havak asks. He holds the dagger up and tries to use it somewhat like a divining rod and attempts to infer its intended direction.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Okay, so Havak and Elarya went down into the pit. Sansa and Quinn are atop and waiting there. I have no idea where Amara and Garrett are right now as they have not posted. So Havak, you only have Elarya with you right now ...


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Amara decides to brave the pit and eases her way down.

climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 hopefully the rope makes it really easy :P

Upon reaching the bottom she edges away from the diced corpses. She hears Havak's request and searches the ground for any tracks that might indicate survivors.

survival: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15

She advances carefully on, ever wary for another trap. She examines the area for remains of other intruders that may have triggered a hidden trap. Reaching the apparent end of the hallway she also tries to determine if there is any way to move on.

perception for traps, bones, etc.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

perception for secret doors: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak isnt going too far ahead. only far enough to have space for everyone to regroup after that first trap, and to make sure that area is safe.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Once out of the way of the trap, Elarya begins inspecting the floor for signs of goblins moving forward.


Havak approaches the end of the 20 foot hallway and comes close to the end. Moving the dagger around and using as a divining rod, he determines that he gets the most effect from the northeastern wall corner about a foot from the ground.

Amara, just behind inspects the area as well, looking around in the area just below the trapdoor. She finds other bits of corpses, although they are quite small and barely noticeable, having decayed to dirt many many years ago. It seems that besides the goblins, noone has been through this way for a long time.

Elarya looks carefully at the ground watching for further tracks, but the further she moves from the small amount light coming in from above, the more difficult it becomes.

Garrett stands at the ready, holding his position just below the opening.

Above in the open, Quin looks to Sansa with a shimmer in his eyes.
He feels to the young woman with his head cocked slightly while licking his paw. Play? Worry?

i made a few sketches of the area to help clear up any confusing visuals. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
Exterior
Interior


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa cocked her own head in turn at Quinn. "Not the time to play, my small companion. We must be vigilant lest our comrades require help. Who knows what else they may encounter in the pit. We must be ready."

Sansa, leans in a little and looks down, hoping to see something, to warn her companions if need be. Her vision was keener than most, and she counted on catching sight of something before it became a threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

GM, what time is it in game at the moment? I'm unsure how much time has lapsed. Thanks.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

That is some noce work there.

Elarya moves as far as she can while still being able to see. She turns around and asks Havak, "Do we have any torches. I can't see much down here."


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Havak will move forward looking for traps.


I'll take 20 (total 28) on Perception if possible, if not:
Perception (Darkvision): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Garrett calmly surveys the area while the others begin to move ahead. "Here," he tells Elarya as he hands her a torch. "Be careful. I expect we haven't seen the last trap down here."


Sansa, it's probably about noon. You all spent a bit of time doing various things in the moring, and then took under an hour to get here.

Havak, mostly deductively, finds that one of the stones in the bottom corner of the deadend wall is loose, and suspects there is a trap behind of some sort there. Garrett comes to the for as well, and discovers by knocking on the aforementioned wall that the stones are quite a bit thinner than they appear, and the perhaps the wall is, in fact, a door.


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"This wall... It seems hollow," the young paladin surmises as he bats his gauntlet against the thin stones. "I think we might be able to push it open or break it down. Come, help me push."

Please count this as an Aid Another if someone else rolls higher:
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

STR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Elarya stands beside Garrett and pushes. Hard.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak steps back so nothing collapses on him.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa cannot do anything but wait it out above ground in case of danger or emergency. So she sits patiently by the lip of the pit, peering down, Quinn beside her. Occasionally she looks up and about her, surveying the area in case of impending/approaching danger.

Sansa's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Quinn's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Below in the hideout, Garrett and Elarya push hard on the faux wall and it swings up? much easier than either of them had expected, causing them to stumble several feet forward. Beyond, with the aid of Sansa's magical lights, they can both see what lays beyond:
For another 20 feet, there seems to be more corridor, and it opens up into a doorless room beyond. The only object visible within being a 3 foot high pedestal a ways into the room with some square dusty object upon it.

However, it seems Havak was right to suspect a trap, as the floor is about 10 feet further down than they expected here, and lined with spikes!

the pit beyond the door is 10 foot deep, 10 foot long and 5 foot wide(same as the corridor, foot long spikes just up along the bottom. You may make 2 reflex saves to avoid the trap. 1 to jump back before falling in, or failing that catch the lip of the pit and at least take less damage. First is DC 14, second is DC 19. Havak and Amara can each make an aid check to help one person each for the first check by grabbing their arm or clothes.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Elarya stumbles too much to jump back, and her fingers are inches shy of catching the lip of the pit.

Damn.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak will try to aid whichever of the two is closest to him.

aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 6 not sure what modifies this (dex +4?), so its a bare roll until you tell me otherwise.


Y'know I was going to edit my last post to say that Perception check was for traps, but alas...

"One... Two... Three, PUSH!" Garrett shoulders against the loose stone plates and unexpectedly stumbles forward into a well placed pit trap.

Reflex 1 vs DC 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10FAIL!
Reflex 2 vs DC 19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23Success!
Reflex (Aid Another) vs DC 10: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Success; +2 to Elarya's 2nd Reflex

Managing to catch hold of the lip, he swings out a free arm to grab Elarya who had fallen with him. His hands fumbled around the strap of her pack but that alone wouldn't be enough to stop her fall.

Havak - If the Aid Another is Reflex than you made the DC and together we bumped Elarya's 2nd save to match the DC. I guess we're waiting for a DM call.


Unfortunately, you could only aid for the first, and that would still miss by one...

Havak grabs onto the hem of Elarya's tunic at the last minute but his grip does not hold and she stumbles past him. Garrett falls also, but quick hands grab the side of the pit, and he tries to maneuver himself to aid the barbarian woman, but his own position makes that difficult. Elarya falls quickly onto the deadly spikes below Spikes!:: 1d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3. The spikes prove to be brittle and although they slash her up, many of them break under her weight, and she is not run through, suffering only minor injuries. Amara stands stunned behind the goblin, unsure of what just happened.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

"GAH!"

Elarya cries out as she's cut in a dozen different places and has the wind knocked from her lungs. She takes a moment to catch her breath, then stands up slowly and carefully, not wanting to add another stinging cut to the "lovely" assortment she was already sporting.

"Did we ever manage to find rope. I'm not looking forward to trying to jump out."


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa has a rope and will use it to pull you up. You may have missed that in my earlier postings.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Yeah, but we kinda need it in the hole.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Someone could always shout up to Sansa who's currently sitting at the lip. The floor of the pit is 15ft down from her. Havak is a good climber and he could retrieve it. Just a suggestion.

Here's the posting:

Ensuring the rope is secured and will hold, Sansa declares quietly that will remain above since she is not the best climber and believes too many bodies would congest the space inside the hole.

"Quinn and I will remain here. I will keep an eye on the rope, and if need be, aid in pulling you out."

You guys used the rope to get down the pit.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

True, but Elarya probably didn't think of that.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Elarya used the rope to get down. So strange she wouldn't think of it. But alright.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8
Sansa Allende wrote:
Elarya used the rope to get down. So strange she wouldn't think of it. But alright.

Yeah, but this is the same rope we need to get back up, and I imagine that dropping onto a bunch of spikes, brittle or not, is going to rattle you a bit.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak could help with the rope if that's what we decide.

For now, he will look beyond the hole to see what's what.


Garrett pulls himself up until there is room enough to swing his legs over the ledge. "Amara," he pants as he rises to his feet. "Throw down some of your rope to Elarya and help me pull her up."

While the huntress unknots the silk rope from her pack, Garrett leans over the edge of the pit to speak with the unlucky barbarian. "You don't look too torn up, Elarya. I've certainly seen you in worst shape," he says gently with a waning smile. After lowering Amara's rope down into the pit, "Carefully. Carefully. Now, I'll need you slowly tie this rope about your waist. When you're ready we'll pull you out of there, okay?"

The maximum Garrett can lift off of the ground is 460 lbs (source)* but just in case:
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Are the walls spiked, or is it just the floor?


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Amara does not have a pack with silk rope as it burned with the rest of the town during our two year slumber. Sansa was the only one scrounging through town looking for rope etc and she has the only rope which you used to climb down into the pit.


male half living/half dead feline Quantum Sorcerer/12

Sansa is right about the equipment.

Please see the last post in discussion.

Thank you.

851 to 897 of 897 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It began in a town called Solace... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.