Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Solace (Inactive)

Game Master shrodingerscat

Pathfinder ruleset, E6 subset, sandbox homebrew game


301 to 350 of 897 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Garrett Snow wrote:

In the heat of battle Garrett doesn't pause to think of consequences of his actions. He had never killed a man before and only once in his life had he scored a chance hit on his father which actually drew blood. His mind defaulted to instinct and all he cared about was self preservation and protecting those around him. He needed to get to Elarya and would continue to cut down anything that obstructed his path.

If Henchman 1 is threatening me: Standard: Attack Henchman 1. Move: to threaten Leader.
If Not: Move: (up to 30ft, avoiding AoO's) to threaten Leader. Standard: Attack Leader.

Garrett:
Still reeling from the first impact of the axe, the shambling man fall on Garrett and his second blow nearly takes him apart at the torso, and he falls in a heap. The anger in the young man's attack was apparent, and he turned to look over to his fallen comrade. The hunched leader stood over her, raising his scepter high in the air before bringing it down hard on her.

But it just passed through her!

Scanning the room, he moves his vision from one enemy to the next. The seemed less real now, as if the color was going out of them. Half a second later, he could actually see through them. Looking back to Elarya, he further noticed that she was in, fact, NOT gravely wounded. Although she was red from her own battle lust, she was not bleeding.
This must be sorcery then...some kind of mind trick.


Sansa

There is no answer from beyond the trap door, only another hard impact. The sound is loud and jarring, and she can hear more of the wood splinter. Perhaps one more blow and it will be loosed.
The wind continues to increase in intensity, and Dante begins to circle around the outer edge of the room, holding his dagger unsteadily in front of him.

Elarya and Garrett

The confusion below began to settle and both Elarya and Garrett, minds seem to come out of a haze. What had happened? Confusing to be sure, but they seemed to have come to their senses and realized the conflict for a ruse. Although there was no evidence of much of what had just happened, two things quickly became apparent: The weapon rack was indeed still smashed nearby at the foot of the ladder. Seocondly, there was a loud noise at the top of the ladder, as something heavy slammed into the wood of the trap door above. Looking up, they could see a man sized serpent baneded in stripes of red, black and blue with deep midnight colored wings. It was weaved in the top of the ladder, and it seemed ready to strike the door again.


Amara Sontan wrote:

Amara is a little disturbed by the fact Jerem does not wish to wait for help,

At least Samel will know where we have gone.
She ensures she has everything and nods to Jerem indicating she is ready. "Try to make as little noise as possible when we reach the forest; I would not like to attract the attention of the other snakes if at all possible." When Jerem isn't looking she steals a glance at Rook, glad he is there.

Jerem smiles at Amara, but there is little emotion in it. His face is serious, and his eyes intense.

He puts his hand on her arm and graps her firmly.
"There is nothing to fear. The One protects me. And if you walk with me, The One will protect you as well."
He releases his grip, and sweeps his other hand ahead of him, pointing out towards the forest.
"Lead on, and We will see to this problem."


Unless Elarya has a better plan:

His head a fog, Garrett floats to his senses and instantly sees the terror above them.

I have no bow. No armor. And if I climb up there that thing will devour me for sure. I have to get it down somehow. Away from Sansa and Dante.

"Quickly! Help me knock out the ladder before it gets through!" he urges the beclouded barbarian as he sprints to its foundation and wraps his hands around the side. With heels planted in the floor he pushes his weight with everything he has against the base of the serpent's pedestal.

Strength Check (aid another if Elarya rolls better): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

*EDIT* OK, seriously? I'm not going to roll above a 5 for the rest of the game.


Female Human Ranger Level 2

haha, I guess I used up all the crappy rolls so you could rend some illusions ;) And it looks like you met mommy!


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Amara fights the urge to rub her arm where Jerem had grabbed her.
I hate being manhandled! He is so boring! Going on and on about his One.

She suppresses her teenage desire to roll her eyes and instead gives him a somewhat tight smile,
"Well, we can use all the help we can get."

She leads him into the forest, making their way to the abandoned nest.


Male Awakened crow (magical beast) Bard 1

Rook pops up into the air, his eyes flashing green as he stares pointedly at Amara (message).

"Friend Amara, if you keep a slow pace, I will see if there are others who may be able to help."

Soaring over the town he scans for anyone he recognizes (Havak mostly).

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa hears the splintering wood and her mind begins scrambling to find a solution.

She looks about the room, searching for anything heavy enough to drag and cover the trapdoor and give them more time before the intruder actually broke into the Tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Hearing Dante pace and noticing him wave the dagger unsteadily before him, she gives him a stern look and commands in low voice, "Help me find something to barricade the door! And, stop waving that dagger about like that, lest you impale yourself."


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

I wouldn't take out the ladder, how are Sansa and Dante going to get down?

Elarya howls in fury. She sees the size of the snake, but she doesn't care about that. All she wants is to kill it.

It's only fair, it's apparently trying to do the same to Sansa and Dante.

She scrambles to her feet, dropping the dagger, and rushes over to the ladder before climbing it.

Climb for half speed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Pretty she no one has seen her this mad, ever.


Female Human Ranger Level 2
Rook wrote:
"Friend Amara, if you keep a slow pace, I will see if there are others who may be able to help."

Keeping Rook's message in mind Amara makes their way carefully and slowly to the nest.


Rook the crow wrote:

Rook pops up into the air, his eyes flashing green as he stares pointedly at Amara (message).

"Friend Amara, if you keep a slow pace, I will see if there are others who may be able to help."

Soaring over the town he scans for anyone he recognizes (Havak mostly).

[dice=Perception]1d20 +9

Havak and Erec are just about at the cemetery, but seeing as how it's only 300 feet to the west of the map and up a hill, it would only take a few minutes for them to get back to town if they jogged or sprinted.


Sansa Allende wrote:

Sansa hears the splintering wood and her mind begins scrambling to find a solution.

She looks about the room, searching for anything heavy enough to drag and cover the trapdoor and give them more time before the intruder actually broke into the Tower.

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

Hearing Dante pace and noticing him wave the dagger unsteadily before him, she gives him a stern look and commands in low voice, "Help me find something to barricade the door! And, stop waving that dagger about like that, lest you impale yourself."

Dante freezes for a moment. He lowers the dagger slowly, and scans the area as well. Then he shrugs. "I don't think there is anything!" he says in a panicked voice. "What do we do now?!"

Sansa:
It's likely that there are a few bits and bobs that Sansa has brought up from below to make herself comfortable...perhaps a blanket, a mug, a basket maybe some candles...I think it's unlikely that she would have brought up anything bulkier...It is possible she brought up a stool to sit on, but not sure even that would be heavy enough to block the door.


Dammit Elarya! Are you trying to get yourself killed? Now's not the time to be reckless! Focus and get back down here and help me balance this fight to our odds!" He shouts as the enraged girl books past him and starts up the ladder. "Our only saving grace is that it is one and we are two. Climbing single file into it's advantage is only going to get all four of us killed! Is THAT what You want!? NOW HELP ME!"

Diplomacy (just for show. No real role play effect unless desired): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Your 'dice' must be loaded!


Elarya, Garrett and Sansa

Pretty sure a 10 is good for going up a ladder, so the check is legit. Also, re: removal of the ladder...I actually hadn't thought of that. My initial impression was that it would be nailed to the wall prehaps in 10 intervals, but I'm not sure. I'll defer to you guys on this one whether you want it to be removable or not. It is 30 feet tall, though so it would be pretty sturdy.
Either way, I think Elarya is going up, she's pretty mad. :)

Elarya quickly begins to climb the ladder towards the great snake. Feeling the vibrations as she moves, It pauses it barrage on the trap door above for only a second to turn and face her. Its wings raise and flare out like a cobra's hood, their full extension blocked by the size of the tower, flecks of goldish saliva dripping from its open maw. It returns then to the door above, and with another slam, the trapdoor finally gives way, and pieces of it fall past the barbarian to the floor below where Garrett stands.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

At the sound of smashing wood, Sansa steps back and instinctively looks for Dante to ensure he has not been hit by flying debris from the demolished trapdoor.

"It's coming in, Dante! Be on the ready!", she calls out over the sound of the ruined door.

Sansa removes the light mace from her belt and holds it before her. Deep down she is grateful for the protection spell Dante placed on her (mage armor). She could still feel the spell shimmer above her skin like a coat of armour. She places herself between the trapdoor and Dante.

To the unknown (yet unseen) intruder, she shouts with much bravado, "Stay back! Or I shall beat your skull in!"


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Sansa

The creature rises several feet into the room; a multicolored serpent about as big around as a man's thigh. Not quite through the opening, Sansa can see dark feathered wings pulled tightly against it's back. It hisses deep and low, and droplets of golden venom shoot out of its mouth. It continues to slither into the room until it is fully in, and coils near the smashed remains of the trap door. As it moves, Dante takes a hurried swipe with his dagger, but his tentative attack catches only air. The creature must be 10-11 feet long. It seems to waver for a second, locking its unnatural gaze on Dante, and then it settles on Sansa.

Dante's dagger: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Sansa would have a chance to take a swipe at it with her mace as it pulls itself into the room


Male Awakened crow (magical beast) Bard 1

Seeing Erec and Havak Rook divebombs down to the cemetary. The wind whistles past his face. As he nears the ground his wings fan out into a slowing stall. Words spit from his beak in fervor.

"Amara begins to track down the nest of winged serpents. She travels alone with Jerem into the dark of the woods. If we hurry, we may still catch them."


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

"Havak supposed the moon silver can wait until tomorrow" he says as he changes direction. He glances back to see if Erec is following.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa doesn't hesitate, even at the size of it. As the serpent creature attempts to pull itself through the ruined trapdoor, she runs forward and attempts to strike/hit it on the head,

Attack with Light Mace: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 wow, mighty powerful. ;) lol

but its slithering, upward pulling action makes her aim go awry and she misses her target, much to her annoyance.

Angrily, she confronts Dante, "The bad stone, did it bring this thing? It was engraved with a serpent and now we have one attacking us!"


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

"Knulle en purke."

Skald:
"Go f!~& a sow."

Though Garrett likely doesn't know what the words mean, he can tell that it's not polite. Elarya continues her climb and at the top of the ladder tries to launch herself into a roll to avoid the snakes bite.

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 I think that makes it.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and ow.


As Elarya comes over the ladder with ease, she rolls in an attempt to bypass the serpent and get to a better position. The area is littered with scraps of wood and the splintered door catches her tunic, tearing it and slowing her slightly. That's all the opportunity the creature needed, and it strikes out viciously with it's fangs sinking them deep into her arm, before darting back to it's coiled position.

AoO Bite on Elarya: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
bite damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"I don't know...It could be!"
Dante stuffs his dagger into his belt and grabs his head violently, clutching great tufts of hair and behind his mask yells the words "BHHHHNNNNNSHRRRRRAAAAAA" and the air in front of him shivers slightly in a cone out at the serpent.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Blood splatters the floor of the upper room as she comes up from the roll. Elarya's face is a mask of rage and her eyes blaze with the fury of a winter storm as she launches herself at the serpent.

Attempting a Grapple, assuming Elarya is still up after the AoO it provokes...
Grapple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Oh and if someone can heal me up, that'd be great, or whacking the snake really hard works too. Still at 5 nonlethal.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

GM Keeper of Solace:

Is Elarya in the Tower now with Sansa and Dante? From your description earlier she was trying to get/roll into the Tower when the creature bit her, so I wasn't sure of her location/position. I just wanted to get clarification before acting with Sansa.

But, if Elarya is still below the serpent and Sansa is above it, does that mean they're flanking it?


Sansa Allende wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Yes, Elarya is in the tower. At the moment, this is how i see the positioning...

Hope this works...had to do this with my off hand.

Positioning in the tower


Sorry I didn't do this earlier, but lets roll initiative so things don't get too chaotic.

Serpent's Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Dante's Init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Sansa watches the serpent hovering before Elarya and noticing the obvious wounds on her from the earlier strike, Sansa runs over to the older girl and touches her shoulder, speaking the ancient words and feeling the power swell and the blue light moving from her fingertips into Elarya.

Cast Defensively (DC 16): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Cure Light Wounds on Elarya: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Elarya has 3 HP returned to her. Sorry for the sucky roll, Elarya.

Sansa's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


So here's how we can do this...lets say healing-wise, 5pts of nonlethal = 1 point of lethal. So that would mean that Elarya is healed of all the nonlethal damage from before, and 2 of lethal damage.


Fair enough. Just looking to keep us all whole. Or at least keep our casters whole.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Damn! Damn damn damn!" Garrett repeats as he finds himself following Elarya up the ladder.

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Father always said woman make for bad soldiers. Said they only use emotion and never reason. I didn't want to believe him until-

His inner-monologue is interrupted by the sound of the snake tearing into Elarya's arm and Dante chanting in some strange, arcane tongue.

At least she had the sense to come prepared. If only I had a shield or even the most bare leathers...

When he peeks through the trapdoor at the top, he sees the oversized serpent coiled up in an ideal location. Just as he suspected, there would be little room for any of them to move about and this fight was sure to be messy. Leaping out of the trapdoor, he slides to place himself between Sansa and the snake with hopes to stave off any attack that might come her way.

Should be safe but just in case it has combat reflexes:
Acrobatics vs CMB to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

If I have an action left by the time I get to the top, I'll go into Total Defense for a +4 dodge to AC. Probably don't, but if I do...


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Better not let Elarya know what your thinking there, Garrett ;)


Male Awakened crow (magical beast) Bard 1

Rook turns an eye toward Erec, trying to measure his reluctance.

"Friend Erec, will you join us? Your insight has often been useful."


Elarya, Garrett and Sansa

Dante yells, seeming to finally come to his senses, previously shocked by the blood of the melee. He had never been timid around "icky" things, bugs, mud, etc., but this was real. There was pain here, and it was not his own. When Sansa took the initiative to heal Elarya he cursed himself silently for not having more foresight. His last spell was barely effective at all, so he swiped out with his dagger once again; it scrapes across the beast's scaly hide, but doesn't seem to hurt it.

At this point it's still only Dante, Elarya and Sansa in the room, Garrett would have made it up just behind Elarya, and his stated action will occur after she acts.

Dante's dagger: 1d20 ⇒ 17

call it Round 1
Initiative order:
Dante - 23 (acted)
Elarya - 20
Serpent - 16
Garrett - 14
Sansa - 10

also, lets use the official healing rules, thanks for the clarification Elarya


Rook the crow wrote:

Rook turns an eye toward Erec, trying to measure his reluctance.

"Friend Erec, will you join us? Your insight has often been useful."

Erec winces slightly at the thought of facing one of the creatures. He remembers his previous inability to act, though and seems to find new resolve in proving himself useful. Whether helping Havak in his search, or helping the town face this strange threat, he would redeem himself.

"y-Yes, Rook. I will come along. I know I can help. Lead the way!"
and with that, he hurries off towards the forest, following closely behind Havak.


Amara Sontan wrote:
Rook wrote:
"Friend Amara, if you keep a slow pace, I will see if there are others who may be able to help."
Keeping Rook's message in mind Amara makes their way carefully and slowly to the nest.

It only takes 10 minutes or so to find the area she was led to not long ago by Samel. The wind has picked up a bit since then, making it slightly harder to see the signs, but Amara's knowledge and skill in tracking and her memory served her well. Soon enough, she came to the spot where Samel had pointed the nest out to her.

With Jerem only steps behind, when she stopped, he drew close to her.
Pointing to the area in the ground he says;"Is that it my dear? Is that the place where these beasts emerged from? Have no fear. The One will send them to their makers and bring peace back to Solace."


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

My action was here. A grapple attempt for 20. And no problem. I like to be up on the rules. I looked it up because I originally thought any magical healing healed all non-lethal. Turned out that wasn't right either :). Elarya is now at 10/16 HP with 2 nonlethal.


Male Awakened crow (magical beast) Bard 1

Rook flaps over to the forest, keeping pace with the odd pair. His piercing eyes dialate in the forest shade. Not seeing Amara (unless he does), he lands softly on the leafy forest floor. His talons dig into the ground nervously.

"Havak, can you see which way they went?"


Elarya, Garrett and Sansa

message received on the grapple...
also: grapple

Elarya dives forward into the creature's coils and attempts to throttle the serpent, trying to get her hands around it. It snaps reflexively at her though and sinks its fangs into her side, interrupting the attack. Garrett attempts to leap into the room while the Serpent is distracted. Its proves to be ready though, seeing a new threat and strikes quickly at him. Garrett immediately brings his weapon up defensively and knocks away the attack.

serpent's bite as an AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
bite damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7which brings Elarya's hit to a 13, no grapple

held action/bite attack on Garrett: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

still Round 1
23 - Dante (acted)
20 - Elarya (acted)
16 - serpent (acted)
14 - Garrett (acted - in full defence)
10 - Sansa


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 to find tracks


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Pain ripped through her nerves as fangs sank deep into her side. Soon blood was soaking into her clothes and staining them deep crimson. She was still on her feet, but just barely.

"Jeg frykter ingenting."

Skald:
"I fear nothing."


Female Human Ranger Level 2
Jerem wrote:

With Jerem only steps behind, when she stopped, he drew close to her. Pointing to the area in the ground he says;"Is that it my dear? Is that the place where these beasts emerged from? Have no fear. The One will send them to their makers and bring peace back to Solace."

"That is the place." She confirms.

"I will stand aside and let you work."
She positions herself among the trees about 10 paces away and scans the area for any signs of the creatures that hatched here. She also keeps an eye on Jerem, curious as to what he will do.

Hopefully this will be more interesting than his conversation.

She has positioned herself so that she is off to his left side.


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

Round 1

Something did not feel right, here. Sansa had watched as Elarya and Garrett attempted to fell the serpent creature. Even Dante had tried with his limited spells and simple dagger. Nothing seemed to work. The wounds would be extensive and her healing powers were limited. In addition, physically she was the frailest of the lot and one bite of those dripping fangs and she knew she would be the one dying.

Her mind rushed through the possibilities and her thoughts kept returning to Corvina's bad stone with the serpent engraving. This cannot be a coincidence. It cannot be.

What manner of creature are you? Natural? No. Magical? Perhaps. I have not seen the likes of you in Solace before this day. A blade cannot penetrate your skin.

Sansa takes a 5 foot step back, attempting to put a little distance between herself and the creature, even though both Elarya and Garrett were shielding the path to her.

She concentrates, trying to recollect any knowledge on magic and the other planes that would explain what was happening here with this unusual creature. Sansa had witnessed many strange happenings during her young life, from creatures she could and could not see. She was determined to figure out what this one was.

Knowledge, Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Holds rest of action until she can come up with some brilliant information. ;)


Sansa's Knowledge Planes:
If the creature is planar, she has never heard of it's like.

Sansa's Knowledge Aracana:
It may occur to the strange girl with the mismatched eyes that the creature is magical, perhaps not natural.
It was not often that books came through Solace, but when they did, Celeste did here best to get her hands on them, if only temporarily. She would keep them at her house, and sometimes Dante would look through them, but more often, he would be distracted by some strange task and wander off with his mask. Erec would come by often, speaking meekly to the kind elf and always politely checking if she had anything new to read. Sometimes, there would be something that interested even Sansa.
There were stories, written long ago that said before there were dragons, before they became great, they were small. They hunted like other animals, and were petty like men. They were jealous of men's limbs, for they had none, so they learned magic. They craved it. All kinds. The more something exhuded magic, the more they wanted it. It was perhaps why the species was forced to evolve into the dragons of today.
It may occur to Sansa that if that is indeed what this creature is, it may be after the "bad stone". She was right perhaps, it was no coincidence. Now whether it was a good idea to let the creature have it, that was another matter entirely.
as a side note, she may also note that the blade would have pierced its skin had it been more accurate


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

The old stories, yes, your wits are slow today, you should have recollected them earlier!

To Dante in main (though the other two are privy to her discovery), she fervently murmurs, hoping he and the others will hear her,

"It is a dragon. It has magic, the potent kind. I believe it is after the bad stone. It is calling or drawing it. Who has it? Dante? Do we hand it over or do we protect it? Speak, brother!"

Sansa's eyes dart from her allies over to the man-sized serpent, hoping it cannot understand the Common tongue or is too occupied with thoughts of the defenders standing closest to it.


A dragon? Like the ones in the tales Erec wouuld recite to me when neither of us could sleep. Stories of knights and villians. Perhaps we can reason with it if it understands us...

Immediate Action: speak out of turn

"The stone. Is that what you're seeking? What purpose does it have, Dragon?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

As Garrett speaks directly to the dragon, Sansa remembers something. She carefully slides her hand down to her pocket and feels a lump in the material, the size of the bad stone.

Inwardly she sighs. In the heat of the moment, she had forgotten she had the stone in her possession. Sansa gives it a pat before taking her hand away and not drawing attention to herself. Least now if the dragon did understand her words, it would think Dante had the stone and she would have the advantage.

She stares at the creature, waiting to see if it comprehends and answers the courteous Garrett.


male half living/half dead feline Quantum Sorcerer/12

Elarya, Garrett and Sansa

The serpent draws back momentarily, "You have it then, sssoftskin, itsss purpossse isss to me mine!" and It hisses again, this time widening its mouth even further and ruffling its wings.
"Wait, what?" Dante says, and stumbles back against the wall. Of course, why didn't I see it? He points at the creature with is dagger and makes a throaty sound that seems to rumble out at the beast and vibrate the strange mask over his face. "baaaaaaaad!", and the serpent seems a bit more sluggish.

Round 2
23 - Dante (acted)
20 - Elarya
16 - serpent
14 - Garrett
10 - Sansa


Amara, Rook and Havak

Jerem approaches the area with light steps, his hands folded calmly behind him. He comes to the little burrow where Amara retrieved the shell fragments and peers in, making a little "hmmm" sound and steps back a few paces. "Yes, this should be no problem indeed."

Looking to the sky, he begins speaking in a low tone, almost whipering and clutching his amulet and running soft circle around it with his thumb. At first, the language is unrecognizable to Amara, but after a few minutes of this, he puts both hands in the air.
Moments later, Erec, Rook and Havak arrive with the goblin at the lead, following a trail he found minutes ago. Just a bit behind are several other townsfolk, some holding farming tools, others with fishing spears.

Jerem then speaks in common.
"Oh great One, you protect those who call out to you, and I call out to you now! Bring security back to the people of Solace, your humble servent pleads with you. Send these foul creatures away from the homes and lives of the good folk here." He throws his arms into the sky and looks straight up. The wind had been steadliy and slowly increasing in its intensity before, but it picks up drasticly now, whipping his hair and rustling the leaves of the trees and the grass in the forest. A group of birds leave a nearby perch and fly off.
Then, strangely, a wave of soft comforting warmth washes over the area, the townfolk stunned by what they see. There also seems to be more light, as if the sun had somehow forced its way through the canopy above and beamed directly down on the serpent burrow.
"Yes great One, thank you." Jerem says loudly, and with a shudder of the earth, the hole in the ground closes itself and deep bluegreen vines with white flowers sprout up in its place.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Taking advantage of the opening, Elarya again attempts to tackle the snake again.

Grapple attempt again. Provokes AoO unless Dante just dazed the snake. >:D
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Not that it's likely to matter.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Taking advantage of the opening, Elarya again attempts to tackle the snake again.

Grapple attempt again. Provokes AoO unless Dante just dazed the snake. >:D
1d20+6 Not that it's likely to matter.

Elarya flails out again, trying to get the serpent's neck in her grasp, but her rage makes her shaky and the creature twitches away. With it's mouth still wide, it shoots out a cone of blackish liquid in the barbarian's face, then darts around and snaps at Garrett. The bite goes into his thigh and as it pulls away, the blood wells from the wound.

Fort save DC 14 for Elarya or staggered and sickened
bite on Garrett: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
bite damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 2
23 - Dante (acted)
20 - Elarya (acted)
16 - serpent (acted)
14 - Garrett
10 - Sansa

301 to 350 of 897 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It began in a town called Solace... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.