Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Solace (Inactive)

Game Master shrodingerscat

Pathfinder ruleset, E6 subset, sandbox homebrew game


151 to 200 of 897 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

SleightOfHand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 to take the sack and close the top with the creature inside.

"Creature got the best of Abram, yes. Cast a charm spell on him."

If he gets the sack, Havak flees.

GM:

Havak will move away from Abram Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 and out the door if possible, seeking to hide 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 somewhere outside for a few minutes until the spell subsides.

Havak will try to nonlethally damage the snake in the sack until its knocked out.

After a few minutes, once the snake is knocked out, Havak will return and hand the closed sack with a unconscious snake to Abram, to make a decision on what to do with it when he is not under the effects of a charm spell.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:


Blood thunders in Elarya's ears as adrenaline floods her veins. Her mind freezes and her body tenses as the serpent darts at her. She hesitates for just a moment, but it's enough to let the serpent get first strike.

AC: 10 (Not wearing armor and flat-footed. Yikes!)

The creature bites at her quickly with tiny fangs,but it only manages to tear into Elarya's tunic. It darts back several feet spiraling through the air, and she sees that it is a snake, banded in black blue and red, with deep blueish wings!

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Havak wrote:

[dice=SleightOfHand]1d20+7 to take the sack and close the top with the creature inside.

"Creature got the best of Abram, yes. Cast a charm spell on him."

If he gets the sack, Havak flees.

** spoiler omitted **

Havak:
sorry if there was some confusion, but everyone is currently outside, close to the mill and river. Currently, Amara has the bag with the beastie, and if you wanted to grab it, you'd make a CombatManeuverCheck, although you could also just ask her for it

Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

GM:

A.) PFSRD: If you try to take something from a creature, you must make a DC 20 Sleight of Hand check. The opponent makes a Perception check to detect the attempt, opposed by the Sleight of Hand check result you achieved when you tried to grab the item. An opponent who succeeds on this check notices the attempt, regardless of whether you got the item. You cannot use this skill to take an object from another creature during combat if the creature is aware of your presence.

(the combat maneuver check would be for taking something from someone in combat.)

B.) Yes i was confused, i thought we were inside Abram's house. Havak, trying to be cautious as possible, would try to snatch the sack and close it before the snake gets out or casts another spell. Then leave so no one (such as a charmed Abram or confused/surprised Amara) attacks him, while he knocks the snake out so it doesnt cast again.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Elarya scrambles onto her feet and for the sword on the table.

Flying snakes?! What is going here?

Move to stand. Move to get to sword, OR grab sword if it's in reach.


Havak wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Havak:
Interesting, I never noticed that part of sleight of hand before. Thanks for showing that to me. Since your are indeed not in combat, and Amara wasn't expecting it, I'd say if that is still what you want to do, you definitely have the bag. However, the creature IS going to try and leap out, so I'm going to ask you make an Initiative roll to see if you can clamp it closed before it escapes. It's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7...shouldn't be tooo hard, seeing as its still a bit groggy

Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Elarya scrambles onto her feet and for the sword on the table.

Flying snakes?! What is going here?

Move to stand. Move to get to sword, OR grab sword if it's in reach.

Elarya rights herself quickly and grabs the shortsword on the table in a swift motion as she stands. The creature spirals and twirls in the air, and light seems to crackle about it in small arcs. In less than a moment, the energy reaches a crescendo of color becoming almost too bright to look at Flare DC:12

Positioning:
Currently the creature is about 6 feet away from Elarya and about 6 off the ground


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

GM:

Yeah, the snatch combat maneuver makes it more fair to try tricky stuff in combat where someone is paying even more attention than normal careful observation. also makes it so some knowledge of combat (read: BAB) is required to have a decent chance of doing such a trick in combat, whereas out of combat is more raw skill.

Know Arcana (to see what other kinds of spells it might have): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Dang, rolling poorly for real! I suppose if it jumping out on its initiative provokes an AoO, i would try to bag it again. Not sure what kind of check that would be, maybe a grapple.


Havak grabs the sack from Amara and quickly runs off, but before he can make it more than 10 feet, the creature darts clumsily out of the bag. It slithers through the air spiraling up several feet and beating its wings furiously. Halfway through its movement, the tiny jaw unhinges and a dark mist spews forth in Havak's direction, and little bits of what one can only assume is partially digested mouse follow it out.
Fort save DC:10 or staggered and sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. You will also get an AoO.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

gm:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 CMB to grapple it, plus any modifier you might add for using the bag to grab it
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 fort save


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Amara, seeing that Abram is acting oddly, is reluctant to hand over the bag but before she can act Havak darts in and grabs it from her hand. Momentarily stunned, she watches as the creature escapes and attacks Havak! She quickly regains her senses and in a long shot attempt, draws her bow and fires at the attacking creature.

GM:
I am on a mac and tried a copy and paste forgetting I was on a mac and used pc short cut and erased my rolls. Attack was 11 total and damage was 5 but I assume that doesn't hit. Not sure if I should roll initiative first init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 draw weapon=move action, attack=standard action.

Her shot misses its mark and she readies another arrow.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"GAH!"

Elarya tries to sheild her eyes, but it's too late and now spots float in her vision. She takes a step forward and swipes at the snake, cursing it while she does.

"Jævla trollmann, flytende slange."

Skald or whatever the northern tongue is called: "Damn sorcerer, flying snake."

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Havak and Amara

Havak brings his arm up at precisely the right moment, the misty breath of the serpent damping his arm. Seeing the creature distracted, he swipes out with the open bag, but only manages to whip it inside out.
Amara fires off a desperate shot at the creature, but the arrow sails through the air about a foot off.

ROUND 2
12- Amara
7- serpent
5- Havak

Amara and Havak have 10 feet between them, the creature is flapping at Havak within his square.

EVERYONE:A note for the future:
I actually use fumble rules, though I didn't mention it before. In the future, if you roll a natural 1 for an attack, you can avoid a fumble by rolling again and adding only your BAB+Att mod (so BAB+STR for melee, and BAB+DEX for ranged). If you equal or exceed a 10 the second time, you don't fumble. (Unless you roll a 1 again) Otherwise, something bad could happen.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

"GAH!"

Elarya tries to sheild her eyes, but it's too late and now spots float in her vision. She takes a step forward and swipes at the snake, cursing it while she does.

"Jævla trollmann, flytende slange."

Skald or whatever the northern tongue is called: "Damn sorcerer, flying snake."

Elarya narrowly misses the creature with her strong swing, and it quickly shoots forward at her, fangs dripping with a golden liquid. This time, its fangs find purchase through her tunic, and she begins to feel her muscles slack as the venom spreads through her body...

bite attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
bite damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Elarya will get an AoO as it enters her square (it is tiny), she will also need to make a DC:14 Fort save, or take an additional venom: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 nonlethal damage


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

FORT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Elarya misses the striking serpent and defensively puts her arm up in front of her face. She grits her teeth against the pain of the bite, but her eyes widen in shock as she feels her body going numb and her mind clouding.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fumble Avoidance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Phew.

She lashes out once again as she steps back, but nearly loses her grip on the sword as her fingers lose feeling.

This is not good.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Elarya misses the striking serpent and defensively puts her arm up in front of her face. She grits her teeth against the pain of the bite, but her eyes widen in shock as she feels her body going numb and her mind clouding.

She lashes out once again as she steps back, but nearly loses her grip on the sword as her fingers lose feeling.

This is not good.

The creature madly flaps its wings and several feathers come free as it launches itself off of Elarya and into the air above. Its eyes flash brightly and the door behind her is pulled open.

Another AoO if you wish as it leaves Elarya's square, and then another Fort save (DC 12 this time) or venom: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 more nonlethal.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

on Havaks turn:
Havak will once again try with the sack.

Grapple with sack: 1d20 ⇒ 9


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Phew.

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Elarya's adrenaline rush allows her to shrug off the venom and get a better grip on the short sword. Her aim is much surer, although her blow doesn't have the force she would have liked behind it.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:


Elarya's adrenaline rush allows her to shrug off the venom and get a better grip on the short sword. Her aim is much surer, although her blow doesn't have the force she would have liked behind it.

The creature hisses in pain as Elarya's blow strikes it, drops of blood speckling her face from a wound in its body. It flaps furiously overhead, then coils and shoots through the open door into the midday.

Elarya can make one more swipe at it as it bolts for the exit, but because she has to jump up a bit, I'm going to say damage at -2, or you could make a DC:10 acrobatics check as your move to jump onto the table, and take no penalty. Also, last Fort save, DC:10 or venom: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 nonlethal.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

FORT: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The flow of the battle changes as her strike hits. She sees it making for the door and jumps onto the table to get a better position to attack from. Her blow strikes true and almost cuts the snake in twain.

Okay, if these things are tiny spell casters with over 16 HP at first level, I am gonna go whimper in the corner.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:


The flow of the battle changes as her strike hits. She sees it making for the door and jumps onto the table to get a better position to attack from. Her blow strikes true and almost cuts the snake in twain.

Okay, if these things are tiny spell casters with over 16 HP at first level, I am gonna go whimper in the corner.

The strength of the blow to the snake sends it towards the ground, bleeding heavily, caught across the back, Its wing heavily damaged. Twitches in pain on the ground, it's wing flapping feebly, and slithers slowly, looking for some place to hide, but is painfully out in the open. It coils tightly, head propped up, rigid and facing Elarya hissing loudly.

Wow! nice hit! It is now 40 feet away, and outside, but no longer airborn...


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Amara looses another arrow at the creature.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

But the injury she sustained falling from the tree causes her to wince in pain as she shoots and her arrow to goes wide yet again causing her to nearly scream out in frustration. She pulls yet another arrow from her quiver and waits for her chance.


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Not sure if the creature has cover from Havak but I have precise shot which negates the shooting into melee penalty.


Havak and Amara

Amara's arrow goes wide, and the serpent snaps at Havak wildly flapping its wings and dripping goldish venom from its bared fangs but it misses the blue goblin entirely, only catching air in its maw. Havak swings the bag at the creature again, trying to catch it, but the little creature proves to be too fast.
end of round 2
bite attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

ROUND 3


Amara Sontan wrote:
Not sure if the creature has cover from Havak but I have precise shot which negates the shooting into melee penalty.

no cover to worry about


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

"Ouch!! Havak was trying to catch nicely, now Havak has had enough!

Havak 5ft steps away from the creature, and opens his mouth, showing off his razor sharp teeth.

gm:

used Minor Metamorphosis to give myself a bite attack.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Anyway I can start a charge by hopping off the table and booking it? if not, My actions are below.

A low growl comes from Elarya's throat as she jumps off the table and stalks up to the winged snake.

"Not today wicked beast."

Move to jump off table, another move to get with in 10ft of the snake.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Anyway I can start a charge by hopping off the table and booking it? if not, My actions are below.

A low growl comes from Elarya's throat as she jumps off the table and stalks up to the winged snake.

"Not today wicked beast."

Move to jump off table, another move to get with in 10ft of the
snake.

You may charge off the table, just make a DC 12 Acrobatics check, however, if you fail, you will fall on your face.


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Okay retconning action below.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Elarya bolts off the table and hits the ground running. This thing was dangerous and it could kill some of the smaller kids if it got a hold of them.

"Not today wicked beast."

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 18 (-1 Dazzled, +2 Charge)
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

She uses the momentum of her charge to power her swing and deals another crushing blow to it. (Hoping so at any rate. 16 barely missed so I'm hoping an 18 hits.)

Status:

HP: 12/14 (6 non-lethal)
AC: 10


male half living/half dead feline Quantum Sorcerer/12
Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Elarya bolts off the table and hits the ground running. This thing was dangerous and it could kill some of the smaller kids if it got a hold of them.

"Not today wicked beast."

She uses the momentum of her charge to power her swing and deals another crushing blow to it. (Hoping so at any rate. 16 barely missed so I'm hoping an 18 hits.)

** spoiler omitted **

The the serpent hisses as the heavy blow comes down on it, cleaving handily into the beast. Its eyes flash once brightly as it sprays blood from the large wound in it, its wing twitching and its body convulsing wildly. However, the light in its eyes dims with no effect, and soon it is not moving at all.

concentration check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

end of combat


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Sweetness

As the adrenaline rush subsides, Elarya takes a couple of steps back and starts to shake from the releasing tension in her muscles. The effects of the poison coursing through her system make her feel numb and she doesn't even notice her knees buckling or the sword dropping from her hand. She just sits there for a while before picking up the sword and cleaning it of the blood that now coated part of the blade. She cleaned the blood stains as best she could, but there was still veins of darkening red in the worn wooden floor.

She heads back to gather the corpse of the odd creature and puts it in a old sack. The trip back to the smithy is quiet. She places the sack outside the forge and the house, she makes into the hallway before collapsing against the wall, sobbing.

Okay, sorry if this gets too maudlin. I'm hoping that I can develop Elarya into more of the type of character she used to be.


Female Human Ranger Level 2

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 +1 is point plank shot and good grief! perhaps the broad side of a barn would be a more realistic target.

Nearly crying at her inability to hit anything, Amara's arrow yet again goes wide.

It's like trying to thread a needle with an arrow!

She blinks furiously to keep her eyes clear and nocks another arrow while taking a deep calming breath, trying to ignore the pain in her side.


Havak and Amara

Again, Amara's arrow goes wide, and the few townsfolk around finally begin to react to the ruckus around them. One standing and grabbing a nearby hammer, the other stumbling off of his seat on the planks nearby. Abram stands still, swaying in confusion, and can be heard saying softly "Wait...don't...fight...it's....ok..."
Little more than 10 feet away, Havak and the tiny winged serpent make quick movements, dodging and advancing.
The serpent, hissing violently and very close to Havak, snaps at him in a fury;
bite attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14,
but again, the goblin's footwork proves to be his savior. Havak steps back several feet, giving himself room, and a sudden shudder comes over him, and a cracking sound as his teeth grow and distend, until his mouth is filled with razor sharp fangs, much like an oversized piranha.

End of Round 3


Female Human Ranger Level 2

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13 I used up all my decent rolls earlier apparently.

Amara lets loose yet another arrow, muttering under her breath as the creature dodges under it at the last minute.

I'm glad Samel isn't here to see this.


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

gm:

Havak bites the creature
1d20 ⇒ 18


Havak and Amara

Another arrow flies over the melee and as the serpent and goblin exchange blows, Nash (the larger man that was sitting with Abram) runs up with his workmans hammer and swipes at the creature. Suprizingly, he manages to connect as the creature thrashes about, battering it a bit and it seems that the entrance of a new combatant has thrown Havak off a bit, The creature manages to bite into him, but only a moment later the blue goblin gets in a bite himself, drawing the creatures's blood.

Nash's hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Nash's damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
bite attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
bite damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Havak will now need to make a DC:14 Fort save or take an additional venom: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 nonlethal damage

Havak can also roll damage for his bite

End of Round 4


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

bite damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


F Changeling Oracle 1, Witch 1/AC 12/HP 13/F +3 R +3 W +8/Init +1/Perc +7/+9

She had spent most of the day up in the Watchtower. Mother Celeste had not required her presence and so Sansa had taken full advantage of the free time and easily walked the two miles (as she did every day) to her favourite hiding place. The Watchtower had been abandoned years ago and when Sansa first discovered its imposing structure and vantage point, it had quickly become a safe haven, far from the strange things that seemed to follow her, away from the internal, whispered voice beating at her heart and calling her away from Solace. It was hard shutting off the persistent voice, the summons that seemed to be familiar and compelling. Yet, Sansa attempted to do so. The townsfolk of Solace were wary of her presence as it was; something about her frail, ghostly pallor, mismatched eyes and air of difference seemed to unnerve some folk. Sansa did not care for their opinion, good or bad.

She stroked the pendant around her neck -- seemingly too large on her small neck and chest. It was tied with a leather cord and feeling the etchings on its face seemed to soothe her. Tonight, when the stars come out, I shall look to them with my pendant. Sansa smiled, no one saw it, none would mention how even her smile seemed unusual and unnatural. Well, no living entity saw it. It felt good not having the gloves cover her hands. Her nails were stronger than ordinary folk's and more prominent. Celeste had bought her a pair of gloves, similar to large gardening gloves, and Sansa wore them when in town. They draw attention, she mused inwardly, turning her hands and fingers over and around. They make me stronger, she reflected in a positive way. Here, in her Watchtower, Sansa did not have to hide her true form.

There was a sound, something fell and scraped along the floor. She did not jump at the intrusion, for it was common practice for such things to occur in her presence. "Go away"; there was no vehemence in her voice or command. "This is my place", and that is how Sansa saw the Watchtower, and none could convince her otherwise. Perhaps it was just the wind, she considered silently, as the mishaps did not often occur up here, closer to the sky.

She did not hear the sound again, and, Sansa absently ran her long-nailed fingers through her wind-blown hair. It was knotted again and Mother Celeste would be cranky with her. She gave up trying to untangle the knots and closed her mismatched eyes and breathed in deeply. The world grew smaller -- just her and the Watchtower, even the sound of the waves upon the wind had diminished. This cannot last and I should return home soon. Tonight, I will come back. Sansa was completely unaware of the trouble happening in the home she shared with Mother Celeste and Dante, her adopted brother, and even if she had been, it probably would not have concerned her overly much.


Garrett Snow wrote:


The blood-blond fibers of hair on Garrett's neck lift and straighten as the awkward youth mouths something eerie and makes an unnatural motion with his bony fingers. "W-what are you talking about? Dante!" Garrett calls after scarred witch, braving a few steps closer.

Corvina plays the same type of game. It's a small wonder the two have taken such a liking to each other.

"Give me a single strait answer or I'll follow you to the watchtower and find out for myself!" he finally lashes out, hoping to secure a hold on Dante's attention. "You're obviously distraught over something. Please, tell me what it is so that I may help you."

Dante halts his movement for a few moments. Looking back at Garrett, locking eyes with him for only a second. "This way"

he says. He scans the air and ground as he walks, craning his neck oddly. His back arched and the small box and strange mask clutched tightly to his chest. He moves with an awkward gait, as if following some unseen trail.
After several minutes of silence and moving into town, he stops in front of the house of Celeste Allende, who adopted him so many years ago and had become his caretaker. The door was slightly ajar and several small crimson spots dotted the wood at the bottom of the frame. Dante blinked several times and blew some hair out of his face. "Not here anymore." He turned and began walking to the west.


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

As the adrenaline rush subsides, Elarya takes a couple of steps back and starts to shake from the releasing tension in her muscles. The effects of the poison coursing through her system make her feel numb and she doesn't even notice her knees buckling or the sword dropping from her hand. She just sits there for a while before picking up the sword and cleaning it of the blood that now coated part of the blade. She cleaned the blood stains as best she could, but there was still veins of darkening red in the worn wooden floor.

She heads back to gather the corpse of the odd creature and puts it in a old sack. The trip back to the smithy is quiet. She places the sack outside the forge and the house, she makes into the hallway before collapsing against the wall, sobbing.

Elarya:
After her sobbing subsides, and she begins breathing normally, and reflecting on herself and the occurrences of the day, Elarya will notice an uncomfortable feeling in her boot. Pulling it off, a strange stone falls onto the ground and rattles against the floor. The Stone

HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

Does this look like one of the stones from earlier? And would she have a clue where Dante's/Celeste's watchtower is?

Elarya wipes away the last vestiges of the tears that were streaming down her face. She looks at the stone then inspects her boots for holes.

First attacked by a snake, then I bawl like an infant, and now weird stones show up in me boots!

She takes a closer look at the stone.

What is this stone anyway?


Elarya Whitescale wrote:

Does this look like one of the stones from earlier? And would she have a clue where Dante's/Celeste's watchtower is?

Elarya wipes away the last vestiges of the tears that were streaming down her face. She looks at the stone then inspects her boots for holes.

First attacked by a snake, then I bawl like an infant, and now weird stones show up in me boots!

She takes a closer look at the stone.

What is this stone anyway?

Indeed this is like the stones from earlier that Dante had spilled. And yes again, Elarya would know where the watchtower is. It's about 2miles north of town, past the farms. There was a link to the appearance of the stone she found in the spoiler...sorry if you missed it.

Reproduced here: Link to Stone


HP: 20/23 AC 14/12/12: F +5, R +2, W -1, Per:+4, Init: +2, Rage: 8/8

I saw it. Just thought I'd ask.

Elarya pockets the stone before rushing to her room and grabbing her dagger and axe. She thinks for a moment and takes a few minutes to put on the tough leather armor she had worn that night she came stumbling into town. As she finishes strapping the bracers around her forearms, she spots her uncle's sword leaning in the corner. Her mind is a blur of emotions as she reaches for it, but she quickly runs out of the house and jogs to the tower that she'd seen Dante visit a time or two.

Strange day this is turning out to be.


"What isn't here anymore?" Garrett asks as he follows short behind the witch. He glances quickly at the speckled doorway before Dante quickly changes course. Again.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Human Ranger Level 2

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Amara lets all her tension go, putting her previous failed shots out of her mind and focuses on the task at hand. This time her aim is true and she rejoices with her success.
Finally! I was beginning to think I might have to become a net mender after all.


Garrett Snow wrote:

"What isn't here anymore?" Garrett asks as he follows short behind the witch. He glances quickly at the speckled doorway before Dante quickly changes course. Again.

Perception:
while a quick glance doesn't get Garrett much information, two things stand out; Firstly, there is no other paint on the building, the wood is its natural color. Secondly, he knows the color of blood, having wounded himself many times in combat. Those speckles are definitely blood colored.

Once again turning but still in motion, Dante looks at Garrett this time with a look of frustration. The look reminds him of the look Erec would often get when doing drills. A look that things weren't working out right, and they wouldn't work out right.
"The bad stone. It's moving. I need to find it."

He continues to the west, stopping just outside the smithy house where Walace Shale and Everett Snow seem to be having a heated discussion towards the back of the workshop.

Dante stand still for several seconds, scanning the ground and air again, but soon enough begins following the road heading north to what Garrett can only guess is the watchtower.


Havak and Amara

Amara's arrow hits the mark this time, slicing across the creature's back, spilling more blood into the melee. It hisses in pain, and flaps it's wings violently, attempting to escape into the afternoon sky. As it moves it lashes out at the bigger target, Nash and he simultaneously swings his hammer at it once again. The creature's bite strikes home, and Nash winces with pain, but it causes his own wild wing to miss.

bite!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d3 - 1 + 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (2) - 1 = 1
Nash's Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Nash's hammer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Havak will get an AoO as the creature leaves his square and tries to escape


Male RETIRED Blue Goblin Chirurgeon 2

Havak AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 16 to hit
1d6 ⇒ 4 dmg

Havak's turn:
Draw crossbow, load crossbow.


Female Human Ranger Level 2

Amara see's the creature is injured and attempting to flee. Knowing that injured animals can be quite vicious she knows this one must be dealt with.
There could be 5 or 6 more of these! the implications dawn on her, [/i]I hope no one else gets hurt.

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

She is grimly determined but the erratic fluttering of the creature as it flees causes her arrow to miss its mark YET AGAIN!


Havak and Amara

The winged serpent shoots straight up into the sky, spatters of blood from its heavy wounds sprinkling the area below. Nash falls to his rump, apparently surprised from the bite he received. Havak loads his crossbow quickly, preparing to take a shot at the creature as it flees.

End of Round 5

At the end of this round, the creature is about 120 away from Havak up in the air. That would make it about the same for Amara.The creature is moving pretty fast, and it's badly wounded and scared so you think this round may be your last before it gets too far away.

151 to 200 of 897 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It began in a town called Solace... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.