Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


401 to 450 of 4,025 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Thank you for the earplugs - Let's hope we do not ever need them - Calendir thanks Azaraunt with an awkward smile.

Knowledge (Nature):1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Calendir had noticed that the behavior of Azaraunt's raven was not completely "right" - just a twitch there, a look there, and an overall attitude that left him little room regarding the fact that this is NOT a Raven. Since we are talking about a wizard, Calendir had dismissed this as the expected different temperament of their companions and left it at that. Now given the opportunity, he asks:

Azaraunt, I had understood it is not a raven at all perched on your shoulder - of that much I am sure - Please don't take offense, but if I understand correctly, he is your companion? Would you mind clarifying exactly what manner of creature Imbukar is.. hmm.. I mean, he is not an animal so... He is an "Outsider" is he not?

Hope this is not too meta but in fact, outsiders are one of Calendir's favoured enemies (the nomenclature is kinda wrong but hey, let's keep it like that) so he knows quite a bit about them.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Niles...Just Niles wrote:
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

"How big are the cabins? Are they all private or will we be sharing? How rough is the river likely to be? Will the boat be bouncing around a lot or will it be a smooth ride? Any idea how the weather will be for the trip? Are we expecting any storms within the next couple of day?"

He just sort of blinks at you for a second, and then says, "Small, two to a cabin, I am afraid; smooth sailing, but a bit cool; No storms just clouds." Then he grins at you, almost as if he were a trained monkey.

You then see him, almost uncontrollably, start to scratch himself while apologizing profusely.

"We have three ladies and five men, how should we resolve this? I would prefer to bunk with Lavinia or Kallistiel, but I would be willing to share with Numair if necessary; I believe him to be entirely honorable. What say you, ladies?"

She notices Niles scratching and says to Lavinia, "After Numair heals him with the blessings of the dawnflower, we should ask him about his affliction. I would plead that you do the speaking for us. However, somehow I suspect this illness may be in some way significant. "

If Lavinia examines and interviews Niles with Heal, aid another Heal": 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
if using knowledge Nature directly (not aid another )": 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1
LM wrote:


As all of you are shown to your cabins, some of you may not like the close comforts of marine life. Each cabin is approximately 10'x10', with two bunk beds, a lumpy down mattress for each, and one chest of drawers with two drawers. Ladies are expected to be together (in fact, Kallistiel gets her own cabin due to the uneven number of women) and the men also bunk together, although sleeping on the top deck is allowed if you would prefer (men only). There are several unoccupied cabins on this level. Down on the bottom deck are your horses, cargo (including yours), and a sliding ramp that allows for cargo to be moved from the docks directly to this level. You note that this level is below river depth, which might be a problem if the boat capsizes.

Looks like Kalli gets her own cabin and Elen and Lavinia are roomies.

Lavinia looks over to Elen. "Well, I guess this means you, me and Ally are roommates. Let's go get our stuffed stowed away in our cabin."

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

The wizard accepts Ruul's offer to share a room. Just don't confuse me with Lavinia in the middle of the night there big guy. he jokes, but it seems a little rehearsed almost like a nerd trying to fit in with the jocks. :)

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Thank you for the earplugs - Let's hope we do not ever need them - Calendir thanks Azaraunt with an awkward smile.

Knowledge (Nature):1d20+13

Calendir had noticed that the behavior of Azaraunt's raven was not completely "right" - just a twitch there, a look there, and an overall attitude that left him little room regarding the fact that this is NOT a Raven. Since we are talking about a wizard, Calendir had dismissed this as the expected different temperament of their companions and left it at that. Now given the opportunity, he asks:

Azaraunt, I had understood it is not a raven at all perched on your shoulder - of that much I am sure - Please don't take offense, but if I understand correctly, he is your companion? Would you mind clarifying exactly what manner of creature Imbukar is.. hmm.. I mean, he is not an animal so... He is an "Outsider" is he not?

Hope this is not too meta but in fact, outsiders are one of Calendir's favoured enemies (the nomenclature is kinda wrong but hey, let's keep it like that) so he knows quite a bit about them.

Speaking quietly to not upset anyone outside the group Azaraunt answers Calendir with the truth. [b]Indeed, Imbukar is an outsider; a devil in fact. But a minor one, and quite under my control. Think of him as a creature summoned by summon monster, but because of my studies I am able to bind him to me for a long duration. And in truth my tie to him is closer to yours with your cat that that of a familiar, except there is little love between us. Imbukar serves because he was called to do so. Does the truth change your view ranger? Can you choose to use this tool for good like the paladin or do you fear to have such a creature near?


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul nods in gratitude and drops what few things he doesn't carry with him off in the room.

He looks at the elf in confusion at the second part of his statement.

"But you don't look anything like her-"

The minotaur stops himself as he gets the joke mid-sentence.

Even if the wizard's humor was a bit forced, it gets soft rumble of laughter from the bull.

"I will labor to remember that", the minotaur offers.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Azaraunt wrote:

Nodding in understanding the wizard responds to Elen.

** spoiler omitted **

Breaking into common, with a look of at least slight discomfort he proposes. Elen, we should be friends. We are this groups arcane resource and we will be more effective if we know and trust each other. We should not go forward as competitors. It accomplishes nothing and might cost even lives. I propose we prepare spells together in the morning each day and consult with each other on all matters arcane, for the benefit of the group. He adds this last part awkwardly.

"Friends... I cannot promise friendship. I will promise to be your colleague and work with you, as you say, for the good of the group. I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Trust, understanding and friendship will come in time, perhaps. I don't mean to rebuff you, but when I hear the phrases "Thrice-damned Court", "Hellknight" and "House of Thrune", I remember the whip scars and open sores that I healed on the backs of slaves I helped to freedom... I remember the attacks of a legion of Hellknights on the halfling village in Andoran I lived in... I remember the misery I saw on the faces of those who had lived under the law and order you revere.

"Now -- I know, I KNOW you are not responsible for those things. I keep that clearly in my mind, so that I am not overwhelmed by the memories of the past. I sense in you a kindred intellect, a yearning for knowledge and the power over the world around you. But I also see that you have, without intending to, benefited from the labors of those who would be free. It is not something I can put aside easily.

"But it would be churlish, unfair, and unbecoming of my age to blame you for something that others have done, while you forgive me for a direct slight. So I accept and welcome you as a fellow pathfinder and member of this expedition. And I thank you for the scroll. This spell is always useful to have at hand.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:


Lavinia looks over to Elen. "Well, I guess this means you, me and Ally are roommates. Let's go get our stuffed stowed away in our cabin."

I thought for certain I saw you make a Heal check in this post -- did you remove it for some reason? If you put it back in, don't forget to include the +2 from Aid Another. Otherwise, I'll just use Elen's heal check, since 20 isn't a bad result.

"Good, I was a little worried I'd have to bunk with Numair. He snores."

She playfully sticks her tongue out at Numair, saying the sentence loudly enough to make sure he heard it.

DC 25 perception check:
Elen casts Message and uses it to whisper to Lavinia as they head down into their quarters, "I typically sleep in the nude when alone, will that bother you?"


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Lord Manticore wrote:
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

Know nobility Castle Urion 1d20+11

On a roll that low, there is not much more that I can say, that Niles hasn't already mentioned.

Ooh ooh my turn!

knowledge(nobility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10
Elen Emerwen wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ruul was planning the same tying, except he wasn't going to ask first. =P

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Numair laughs freely at her gibe, and quips back, "I can't help but sing of your beauty, fair Elen, even in my sleep. Alas, my skills are somewhat diminished while unconscious."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

I took it out for now. Decided it might be best to ask him about it later, didn't want to be rude and discuss his possible medical condition in front of everyone, especially if the scratching was caused by something having to deal with less than hygienic females.

"Well, I don't snore, but I also don't sleep a lot. Don't worry though, if I feel restless I will just walk about above deck so as not to bother you."

Message back to Elen:

"No, it won't bother me. And on another topic...What do you think of Ruul?"


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

I took it out for now. Decided it might be best to ask him about it later, didn't want to be rude and discuss his possible medical condition in front of everyone, especially if the scratching was caused by something having to deal with less than hygienic females.

"Well, I don't snore, but I also don't sleep a lot. Don't worry though, if I feel restless I will just walk about above deck so as not to bother you."

** spoiler omitted **

"If you need help sleeping at any point I have both herbs and hexes that could help."

Elen is not particularly socially graceful. Please use my priorr Heal or Knowledge (nature) rolls, whichever is appropriate, if he is willing to talk to her.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Followup on previous post.

Immediately after stowing her gear in her cabin, Elen seeks out Nigel and, her curiosity overcoming her shyness, asks after his health, explaining she is a doctor and wants to make sure there won't be any lingering problems after Numair's divine touch. If he resists, Ally will try to charm him into answering questions.

Using Heal and Knowledge (nature) rolls from previous post, here's Diplomacy if needed from Ally:

Diplomacy for Ally if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Making his way back onto the deck, Ruul will converse with the members of the crew that seem amiable. The minotaur knew next to nothing about what it took to run a seaworthy vessel but he was strong, willing, and eager to learn. He only hoped that his broad frame and musclebound clumsiness wouldn't get in the way.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

While making his rounds he'll keep an eye out to see what his fellow Pathfinders are doing to pass the time.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Later that evening, Elen finds a secluded spot on deck, and on a metal plate borrowed from the galley, places a small bundle of sage. Ally sits down crosslegged on the other side of the plate. With a low, arcane chant, Elen lights the sage bundle on fire, then presents it to the four directions. Ally closes her eyes as Elen wafts the smoke around her, coughing slightly at the pungent aroma. Elen then uses the sage to light the scroll of Fly on fire, letting it burn to ashes on the metal plate. With a pestle, she grinds it to a fine powder, then mixes sage ash into it, and adds a bit of other ingredients from her spell component pouch. She places the ash into a bowl and puts a lid on it. Then the two seem to fall into a trance together.

She and Ally sit, nearly motionless, meditating together, for almost three hours. She had given the sailors very explicit instructions not to disturb her at all during this ritual, but if any of them, or her teammates came to watch her, or attempted to talk to her, she ignored them entirely. At the end, Elen's muscles were trembling with the effort of staying still for so long. Ally's otherworldly frame seemed unaffected. But she seemed relieved as well as the two stood up, ready to complete their ritual together.

Taking 10 on spellcraft to learn Fly from the scroll, DC= 18, Spellcraft 10+12 = 22


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally mixes the fine powder into a small cup of fresh milk, from a bottle purchased just before the barge left town, and adds cocoa powder and sugar provided by Elen.

"Bottoms up!" she exclaims, and drinks the sweet but gritty liquid in a single long swig. Wiping her mouth, Ally concentrates, then meets Elen's eyes with her own. A silent communion ensues for a few moments, then the tiny azata jumps into Elen's arms, wrapping her slender legs around the elf. "I think it worked, love. I do so hate the taste of that ash. Thank you for finding ways to cover it up."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12
Azaraunt wrote:
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Thank you for the earplugs - Let's hope we do not ever need them - Calendir thanks Azaraunt with an awkward smile.

Knowledge (Nature):1d20+13

Calendir had noticed that the behavior of Azaraunt's raven was not completely "right" - just a twitch there, a look there, and an overall attitude that left him little room regarding the fact that this is NOT a Raven. Since we are talking about a wizard, Calendir had dismissed this as the expected different temperament of their companions and left it at that. Now given the opportunity, he asks:

Azaraunt, I had understood it is not a raven at all perched on your shoulder - of that much I am sure - Please don't take offense, but if I understand correctly, he is your companion? Would you mind clarifying exactly what manner of creature Imbukar is.. hmm.. I mean, he is not an animal so... He is an "Outsider" is he not?

Hope this is not too meta but in fact, outsiders are one of Calendir's favoured enemies (the nomenclature is kinda wrong but hey, let's keep it like that) so he knows quite a bit about them.

Speaking quietly to not upset anyone outside the group Azaraunt answers Calendir with the truth. Indeed, Imbukar is an outsider; a devil in fact. But a minor one, and quite under my control. Think of him as a creature summoned by summon monster, but because of my studies I am able to bind him to me for a long duration. And in truth my tie to him is closer to yours with your cat that that of a familiar, except there is little love between us. Imbukar serves because he was called to do so. Does the truth change your view ranger? Can you choose to use this tool for good like the paladin or do you fear to have such a creature near?

[b]This is not an issue for me Azaraunt - anyone could claim being uncomfortable having Lagash around - he adds patting the feline - having nothing to assure that he is not a danger, except my word. I will extend you, of course, the same trust, and understand the presence and role of Imbukar.

Putting his hand on the wizard shoulder (the one WITHOUT a devil on it :D), and flashing a toothy grin, the half-orc adds: I asked not out of suspicion, but simply because I like to know what I am dealing with. Now that I know, I thank you for being upfront about it - all is settled, and it is time to think about what lies ahead, and forget any hesitancies.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir settles most of his gear down in one of the cabins, but stays mostly outside.

Knowledge (Nature) to predict the weather during the evening: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

If the expected weather is acceptable, he will sleep outside

During the trip, he wanders around the barge as possible, also allowing Lagash to stretch his legs momentarily - keeping a watchful eye both on the "on board" activities but also on the margins and on the river itself.

If he spots Elen performing her ritual, he will keep watch over her from a distance, making sure she is not disturbed, and not caught by surprise by any nighttime dangers.


Male Fetchling Ninja

After Macavity performs his perfunctory 'personal security' measures, he settles on top of the captain's pilothouse. Sitting cross-legged he sleeps for a couple hours in the waning afternoon with his cloak pulled all around him. After his nap, he stands and performs some kata and exercises to limber his muscles. He takes a steady tour of the topside of the boat before resettling on the pilothouse.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Macavity the black wrote:

Before leaving for the boat, Macavity accepts the earplugs from Azeraunt, which disappear in his hands. "Thanks.

I don't know if Macavity knows the true nature of Imbukar. I think he has only seen the raven.

Macavity shrugs at Azeraunt in reply, "Smart bird. I'll accept any help that I can get."

==================================================================

Back on the boat, Macavity returns to Kallistiel's side. He offers to examine her cabin prior to her entrance. "Personal security," he offers with a shrug. If accepted, he takes eight minutes to search the cabin.

Take 20 Perception four times (two minutes per 5-ft square) = 35
The room is clean.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

"We have three ladies and five men, how should we resolve this? I would prefer to bunk with Lavinia or Kallistiel, but I would be willing to share with Numair if necessary; I believe him to be entirely honorable. What say you, ladies?"

She notices Niles scratching and says to Lavinia, "After Numair heals him with the blessings of the dawnflower, we should ask him about his affliction. I would plead that you do the speaking for us. However, somehow I suspect this illness may be in some way significant. "

[Dice="If Lavinia examines and interviews Niles with Heal, aid another Heal"]1d20+5
[Dice="if using knowledge Nature directly (not aid another )"]1d20+14

Your heal check tells you that Niles was afflicted with the clap.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

Know nobility Castle Urion 1d20+11

On a roll that low, there is not much more that I can say, that Niles hasn't already mentioned.

Ooh ooh my turn!

[dice=knowledge(nobility)]1d20+8

It's some place out west, sounds like some sort of castle. :P


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]
Azaraunt wrote:
After offending one of our group where no offense was intended I want to ask each of you if you are comfortable accepting help, in combat from Imbukar here. Indicating the raven. He has the ability of deathwatch and can come to you and render aid in a number of ways during a fight, including healing of wounds, casting of protection from evil, and even elemental resistance. But I know that some of you have issues with my use of, well, this kind of creature as a tool.

"As long as you stay in control of it and not the other way around, we'll get along famously. Well... even if it does turn out to be the other way around, I have nothing against it, as long as it stays useful," Kallistiel says with a smile. "Oh and thank you for the earplugs. Even if we don't encounter those Vargouilles, they will still come in handy for when the conversation gets tedious."

Macavity wrote:
"Personal security."

Kallistiel snorts and waves her hand for Macavity to continue, "My hero..." She then moves to examine the room for herself, frowning at the condition. Turning to Niles, "I'm guessing you don't have any proper mattresses on board, or perhaps some clean sheets?"

She sighs, "So how long was this trip again? Days with a lumpy mattress, filthy sheets, and probably no bath, right? I guess I'll have to make do. This broach will certainly be put to the test."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

Followup on previous post.

Immediately after stowing her gear in her cabin, Elen seeks out Nigel and, her curiosity overcoming her shyness, asks after his health, explaining she is a doctor and wants to make sure there won't be any lingering problems after Numair's divine touch. If he resists, Ally will try to charm him into answering questions.

Using Heal and Knowledge (nature) rolls from previous post, here's Diplomacy if needed from Ally:

[Dice=Diplomacy for Ally if needed]1d20+11

He's a little squeamish talking to you about it (you are a girl after all), but he finally confesses that he might have had a dalliance with someone, he just for the life of him, can't remember who, he was pretty drunk that night...


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Making his way back onto the deck, Ruul will converse with the members of the crew that seem amiable. The minotaur knew next to nothing about what it took to run a seaworthy vessel but he was strong, willing, and eager to learn. He only hoped that his broad frame and musclebound clumsiness wouldn't get in the way.

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+18

While making his rounds he'll keep an eye out to see what his fellow Pathfinders are doing to pass the time.

You do manage to befriend a couple of sailors are able to look past the mountain of fur standing in front of them (game mechanics (gm): from Indifferent to Friendly) and they are willing to spend some of their time to help teach you some of the basics. They will likely continue to show you some of the ropes, so to speak, over the course of the trip if you ask them. You also notice that Niles has become much more personable to you, along with the rest of the party (gm: DM's call: Healing him of the clap takes him from Indifferent to Friendly as well)


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

Later that evening, Elen finds a secluded spot on deck, and on a metal plate borrowed from the galley, places a small bundle of sage. Ally sits down crosslegged on the other side of the plate. With a low, arcane chant, Elen lights the sage bundle on fire, then presents it to the four directions. Ally closes her eyes as Elen wafts the smoke around her, coughing slightly at the pungent aroma. Elen then uses the sage to light the scroll of Fly on fire, letting it burn to ashes on the metal plate. With a pestle, she grinds it to a fine powder, then mixes sage ash into it, and adds a bit of other ingredients from her spell component pouch. She places the ash into a bowl and puts a lid on it. Then the two seem to fall into a trance together.

She and Ally sit, nearly motionless, meditating together, for almost three hours. She had given the sailors very explicit instructions not to disturb her at all during this ritual, but if any of them, or her teammates came to watch her, or attempted to talk to her, she ignored them entirely. At the end, Elen's muscles were trembling with the effort of staying still for so long. Ally's otherworldly frame seemed unaffected. But she seemed relieved as well as the two stood up, ready to complete their ritual together.

Taking 10 on spellcraft to learn Fly from the scroll, DC= 18, Spellcraft 10+12 = 22

You and Ally have learned the spell.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Calendir settles most of his gear down in one of the cabins, but stays mostly outside.

Knowledge (Nature) to predict the weather during the evening: 1d20+11

If the expected weather is acceptable, he will sleep outside

During the trip, he wanders around the barge as possible, also allowing Lagash to stretch his legs momentarily - keeping a watchful eye both on the "on board" activities but also on the margins and on the river itself.

If he spots Elen performing her ritual, he will keep watch over her from a distance, making sure she is not disturbed, and not caught by surprise by any nighttime dangers.

The weather is cool, but cloudy for the next couple of days, it would appear. Everything on board seems to run efficiently, the captain looks to run a tight ship. The sailing is slow but steady once the boat is underway. The winds are not entirely in the captain's favor so the the crew is having to tack sails (I think that's the right nautical term) to compensate. Waves on the Sellen, if any, are small, so it looks like smooth, if slow, sailing for the next while.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Numair will spend some time exploring the barge. He will also heal any of the other sailors that approach him, their tendancies being what they are, no questions asked. He will remind each of them that it is the Dawnflower healing them, not him.

He is glad for the placid weather and takes the opportunity to limber up and exercise on the deck. The slightly rolling deck makes for an unpredictable surface and he concentrates as he moves through the intricate motions. While this might not be the easiest venue, there's no time like the present, and he will begin Ruul's instruction on the Dance, if he's willing.

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Kallistiel Illuiadlara wrote:

Kallistiel snorts and waves her hand for Macavity to continue, "My hero..." She then moves to examine the room for herself, frowning at the condition. Turning to Niles, "I'm guessing you don't have any proper mattresses on board, or perhaps some clean sheets?"

She sighs, "So how long was this trip again? Days with a lumpy mattress, filthy sheets, and probably no bath, right? I guess I'll have to make do. This broach will certainly be put to the test."

Having come down below decks after his encounter with the healer and his witch companion (what a lucky guy he is), Niles runs into you as your room is being inspected. "Well I can certainly look around and see what I can find." He comes back about 15 minutes later, with a mattress folded over. You can tell instantly, even in its folded state, that this is far better than the one you have. "This belonged to the first mate, but he missed port again because of his mother. I don't think he'll miss this while he is gone." The mattress is filled with goose down and feels much better.

"Well ma'am, it should take about three days, on Wednesday. We do have to make a stop in the morning in Castle Urion, which is just over the border into Numeria."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Numair Nejem wrote:

Numair will spend some time exploring the barge. He will also heal any of the other sailors that approach him, their tendancies being what they are, no questions asked. He will remind each of them that it is the Dawnflower healing them, not him.

He is glad for the placid weather and takes the opportunity to limber up and exercise on the deck. The slightly rolling deck makes for an unpredictable surface and he concentrates as he moves through the intricate motions. While this might not be the easiest venue, there's no time like the present, and he will begin Ruul's instruction on the Dance, if he's willing.

[Dice=Perform (Dance)]1d20+13

Ruul, if you wish to participate, I'll need a Dex check, DC 15, to see if you can follow the basics.


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!

Feel free to cover any other activities you're doing in the afternoon, via RetCon posts; this is just to move things along a little bit before Castle Urion.

As night begins to fall, those still above deck notice that there are only a couple of sailors about as the evening sun droops lower in the sky. Niles walks along the rail towards Numair, who is still practicing his combat moves, and says to him, "Master Healer, I wanted to point out to that, if your party wishes to post watch up here on deck tonight, you may do so. We don't typically post a guard ourselves, mainly because we just don't have enough sailors to do the job properly. Also, the mess is open if any of you want to eat." Niles then walks off to let Numair continue.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

I shall pass word along, Niles. Dinner sounds like just the thing.

Numair will let everyone know, then head to the mess.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul grabs the attention of one of the sailors he'd recently befriended and asks a quick question that had come to mind.

"When we stop at Urion, how long will we be moored?"

***

When Numair flags the minotaur down, Ruul is happy to be his instruction. He watches the paladin's graceful movements and tries to emulate them.

Dex Check!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

But his brawny form is just not up to the task. He constantly finds himself tripping over his own hooves and at one point accidentally jams his horns into a mast.

LOL, this is going to be a long process.

Once instruction is done for the day, the bull snorts in relief.

"Perhaps tomorrow will yield better results."

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Do not think badly of yourself, Ruul. It was the same with me. Most men are used to stomping instead of stepping. It takes time to get used to just touching the ground gently, instead of planting your foot like you're about to wrestle a tiger, grinding your heels in. Or hooves, in your case. The footwork is crucial - it is the floating foundation that the movements are built upon. Once you know them, you will see how and when I will attack. In reading my movements, you will be able to strike simultaneously at our enemy, who will not be able to fight both of us off at once. That is the beauty of the Dance. It can be used alone, but it is much more beautiful, and much more deadly, when done with partners.

----------------

Conversing over supper, he asks the others if they've learned anything useful about their layover. He is eager to hear about how everyone is doing, now that we're on our way for real.


Male Fetchling Ninja

Macavity spends the evening on top of the captain's pilothouse on watch unless flagged to come down.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul grabs the attention of one of the sailors he'd recently befriended and asks a quick question that had come to mind.

"When we stop at Urion, how long will we be moored?"

"I would imagine not more than a couple of hours really. We're just taking on a few more passengers and a bit more cargo, and dropping off some items for the town and their guards."


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul has worked up a sizable appetite by the time dinner rolls around and his stomach growls, loudly, at the mention of food.

"Thank you for your patience Numair. I look forward to more practice tomorrow."

***

As the minotaur is headed below decks to eat, he passes the spot where he knew Macavity had been camping out.

"It's dinner time", the bull bellows. "You going to eat?"


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10
Lord Manticore wrote:
"I would imagine not more than a couple of hours really. We're just taking on a few more passengers and a bit more cargo, and dropping off some items for the town and their guards."

Ruul thanks the man for the information.

That will be enough time to find a quiet place for a bath.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Lord Manticore, if two characters are having a quiet conversation in a cabin with the door closed, can they have that conversation in a PM or should they do a spoiler but just with a higher DC?


Male Fetchling Ninja
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

As the minotaur is headed below decks to eat, he passes the spot where he knew Macavity had been camping out.

"It's dinner time", the bull bellows. "You going to eat?"

"Probably not, but I will gladly join you." Macavity responds and gracefully tumbles to the minotaur's side.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Lavinia had spent a good part of the day in her cabin, resting and trying to get used to the motion of the barge. There were no large bodies of water near her family's home and she was quite unused to and uneasy about this mode of travel.

While resting, a number of questions popped into her head and she eventually decided she may as well start asking some while nothing else was going on during the river trip. Looking about the boat for Azaraunt, knocking on his cabin door if need be. "Excuse me Azaraunt, if you have a few moments there was a question I would like to ask?"

If he has time for questions, Lavinia will switch to Infernal to quietly ask them, keeping her voice just above a whisper.

Infernal:
[b]"Your pardon for the change in language, but I assume you do speak this, correct? Forgive me for being cautious about discussing the nature of your familiar, but I would prefer not for any of the crew to learn it and take offense to it. I just had a few questions regarding spells that may be cast during battle and what effect they may have on him. Such as, if I cast Protection from Evil upon you, what, if anything, would that do to him? If I cast a circle against evil and you and he are inside of it, what would happen to him?"

store now, more posts later.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul nods and watches the man gracefully leap down to join him.

"Does your kind not eat?" the bull whispers as he heads below decks.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

While all are eating, Calendir decides to keep watch uptop. Once the others are finished he will then go below deck for a short meal.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Lord Manticore, if two characters are having a quiet conversation in a cabin with the door closed, can they have that conversation in a PM or should they do a spoiler but just with a higher DC?

I am fine with PM's in that case.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Later on, Lavinia overhears Ruul bellowing that was dinner time and decides that maybe some food will help settle both her stomach and her nerves. She'll will wave to both Ruul and Macavity as she sees them walking to the mess and walks over to join them. "I hope you fellows don't mind if I join you in getting some dinner."


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

"Not at all", Ruul quickly replies with a happy rumble.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul nods and watches the man gracefully leap down to join him.

"Does your kind not eat?" the bull whispers as he heads below decks.

Macavity first looks confused and then laughs in reply. "Of course we do, my friend." He good-naturally slaps his shoulder.

Then conspiratorially, he gets close and whispers, "I purchased this Ring of Sustenance a couple of years ago," showing the ring on his right ring finger. "I've never really enjoyed eating but it is necessary to survive. This thing released me from those shackles of food and water. It simplifies provisioning and gives me more productive time. But I still enjoy the company of sharing a meal." He broadly smiles.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

When most of the group is at the table for dinner, Lavinia asks: "Are we planning on posting watches at night? If we are, we should go ahead and decide if they will be single or double watches and when people will take their turns at it. Also, when we are moored in Urion, shall we keep watches then too? And I would also like to venture the opinion that no one should leave ship while we are moored there. It would be best to not have to worry about any accidents or someone getting left behind somehow."

Ruul:
If you happen to look at her hands while she is eating, you may notice that she is already wearing the spell focus ring that you had given her.


Male Fetchling Ninja

"Since I took my nap this afternoon, I plan to keep watch from the top of the pilothouse throughout the night. Anyone is welcome to join me or not." Macavity casually replies to Lavinia.

401 to 450 of 4,025 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.