Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


251 to 300 of 4,025 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

@Macavity, Calendir

Numair listens in, enjoying his breakfast, as Calendir outlines their objectives.

That is an organized collection, Calendir. With you as our scribe, we shall certainly not overlook anything. I refrained from mentioning the Hammer to Artemis as that was a personal request not related to the Society. Macavity's suggestion is a good one. Kallistiel, you have the bearing and decorum of a true blue blood. Would you mind terribly assuming the role of our leader? As your bodyguards and entourage, we would be honor-bound to ensure your safety and keep you company while you venture into dangerous lands. Your motives for being in the Worldwound are your own; they are none of our business, and none of anyone else's, should they inquire. What say you?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Just that? I thought I would get enough for 1 person/day for each 2 points above 10? Dissapointing... Well, let's call it a... snack then shall we? :D

My ARROW!! Give it BACK!: 1d100

My fault on that. I was thinking it was five points (this is what happens when your first post goes five minutes after you roll out of bed). I did say that it was a fat pheasant. :) Anywho, to modify my original (half-awake)call, I will say that, while the deer bucked (causing your arrow to miss), you did find it again in a trap. It's all yours.

As for the arrow...normally in my games a roll that low would be a miss, but since I am admitting to my mistakes...the arrow is found.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

At sometime during one of their conversations, maybe during a meal, at whatever point all are gathered, Calendir will also address the following with the group:

I've had sometime to ponder what lies ahead for us, and if I am correct, we seem to have several tasks ahead of us - he pulls up a few crumpled pieces of paper, with multiple scribbling on them, fiddles with them for a while, then lays them down on the table - Ok, so... As far as we have been requested, we have to...

** spoiler omitted **

So all of these will take us to Tsar proper, and may consist of several weeks of investigation - the common tie is that they should all be circumscribed to the same general region.

Unfolding another crumpled piece of paper, he adds: Otherwise, we have been informed that:

** spoiler omitted **...

I just want to make one clarification on your list, Calendir. For the merchant's guild request, the caravan did make it to the Camp. However, somewhere between there and Nerosyan (it's final destination), it disappeared. That is where your search will lie.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

LM, could we get a list of the aampaign goals as we uncover them in the Campaign info tab, perhaps, kind of like a quest list? :D And move them to a 'completed' section when we achieve them?

Done. Let me know what you think. :)

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Were you going to fast forward through securing the barge or do we need to rp out the whole thing?


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Looks good LM!

Later that Day

Ruul listens to the orc's lengthy summary of the information the Venture Captain had imparted on the group and nods in agreement.

"Yes, if we are to be occupying this Camp for a long period of time it would be wise to secure the site and ensure our neighbors can be trusted. Dealing with the rumored werewolf attacks and other threats close to the Camp first is a good start", the bull says.

"The tomb nearby said to house the slumbering host of soldier interests me but we must wonder what manner of spell was used. Was it a spell of magical stasis and preservation or something darker - perhaps necromancy", Ruul says with a glance at Lavinia.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12
Lord Manticore wrote:
Elen Emerwen wrote:

LM, could we get a list of the aampaign goals as we uncover them in the Campaign info tab, perhaps, kind of like a quest list? :D And move them to a 'completed' section when we achieve them?

Done. Let me know what you think. :)

It's great LM - that will help us keep our focus.

The fact that the tomb lies so close to The Camp and has apparently never been thoroughly explored, also makes one wonder why...


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

We probably will just need to negotiate a price. Accordingly, aid another rolls for diplomacy, to help Ruul or Lavinia haggle. In addition, if allowed, she will use the Fortune hex to the person doing the negotiations once those negotiations start, allowing him/her to reroll the skill check and take the higher result.

Aid another Diplomacy for Elen": 1d20 ⇒ 4

Elen stays completely silent when the negotiations start, hoping no one notices her.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Later that Day

"Once we arrive in the Camp, we should considering splitting up to cover as much ground as possible. The sooner we have a secure site to work from, the sooner we can start making our way into Tsar."

I know it's sacrilegious but I LOVE splitting the party. It gives everyone more time to shine and it makes you really appreciate each other's strengths.


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!

Date: 3/16/4707

This is for Ruul, Lavinia, and Elen. Once we do this, we'll move forward to the departure.

As the three of you are heading to the docks, all of you notice the various smells of the dock areas. Most are actually not that bad, the oil and grease helping to keep the boats afloat, the various oils that keep the fish 'fresh,' even the sound of the seagulls seems to be thick in the air as you look for the boat that Artemis had mentioned.

Soon you find it, and you're not sure if you have found the right place. It is a shallow river barge, that much makes sense to you, given that, near its headway, the Sellen river can be as shallow as 4 or 5 feet. Giving the boat a cursory inspection from a distance, it would appear that the barge is big enough to hold the entire party, plus the horses, with some room to spare. It's nothing about the boat that is throwing off your opinion, so much as the man standing in front of it.

Niles looks out at the people walking by. As a barker, his job is to get people to want to place their cargo with his ship, the Lady by the Bayand move it along. Business has slowly picked up as the port at the far end of the journey, Gundrun, has finally begun picking up steam after all these years. He was happy, the Captain liked how he managed to fill the cargo holds (which were always profitable) and Niles is just an all around decent fellow.

This morning, however, is not one of Niles' better days. He woke up hungover, but that wasn't terribly unusual. What was unusual was that his normal clothes were on the poop deck...of another ship...whose sailors smiled and waved at him as he came to retrieve said clothes. He was not sure what exactly happened the previous evening, but he didn't remember any strange men in there. Just a lot of pretty women...With his clothes a mess, he had to borrow from elsewhere. Thus when he stepped out onto the deck to begin his day, he was wearing a poofy shirt (at least one size too small, particularly around the chest), short pants, and bare feet. It was going to be a long day. But, things looked a little promising. Three people (well, two elves and an upright ox), were walking towards him, and they weren't immediately put off by his clothing (at least he hoped).

In a flat, nasal tone, you hear the short-pants wearing monkey say "Good day to you ladies, might you be looking to send some cargo up the Sellen?"


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

aid another Diplomacy for Ally: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Ally sits crosslegged on Ruul or Lavinia's shoulder, in an apparently innocent but actually calculatedly provocative pose, distracting whatever person they're talking to, making helpful suggestions and comments at just the right time.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul ignores the slight of not being adknowledged and addresses the man.

"Good morning to you too", he offers the strangely dressed human as he examines the vessel.

The dimensions are right. Let's see if the price is.

"My companions and I seek passage for ourselves, our steeds, and our cargo, up the Selen near an area known as the Ashen Waste."

"How much would such a trip cost?" the bull asks.

Taking 10 Diplomacy w/ Ally's Aid: 10 + 18 + 2 = 30


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!

The ox talks?!?! What kind of a morning is this? "Well, um...sir, well I can't get inland, but my Captain can get you as far as Gundrun, will that work? Also, how many are in your party, including the horses? We have enough room for about a dozen horses at this point." Withholding Diplomacy check until Niles can give you a price.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul nods, "Gundrun will work."

"There are eight of us in total, eight horses, and a large... cat", the bull explains.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Diplomacy to aid Ruul 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

"You forgot to mention Ally, though as you can see, she takes up very little space." Lavinia gestures to Ally as she speaks.

"Now good sir, since we now have a destination agreed upon, how about we discuss the price?"


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul nods, "Gundrun will work."

"There are eight of us in total, eight horses, and a large... cat", the bull explains.

"Oh great, I love cats. What's his name?" Niles thinks about it for a moment. Cats are always good pets to have on board a boat. And the ox seems like a nice...guy? Straightforward type."to get you from here would be...um, carry the one, add a pinch. We'll call it two grand for the lot of you. Just don't tell my Captain I cut ya a great deal."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 23


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul looks to the ladies accompanying him and then to the sailor.

Ruul has no idea if that's a fair price.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

sense motive to make sure he's not trying to overcharge us 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
What check do we roll to figure out if it is a decent price?


Male Fetchling Ninja
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul looks to the ladies accompanying him and then to the sailor.

Ruul has no idea if that's a fair price.

Ship's Passage = 1 sp per mile.

OGC wrote:
Most ships do not specialize in passengers, but many have the capability to take a few along when transporting cargo. Double the given cost for creatures larger than Medium or creatures that are otherwise difficult to bring aboard a ship.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Well there's a total of ~20 of us. Also, I'm sure there's a premium for the location - it's pretty generally dangerous up here. How much distance is that?


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Profession(sailor) untrained check to estimate if that's a good price: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Sounds like that ought to make it, "complex questions" about the profession have a DC of 15, unless you consider it a very complex question. Does Elen think it's a fair price,LM?

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

20,000 sp * 1 mile/((7 medium)*1sp + (1minotaur+1cat+8horses)*2sp) = 740 miles for regular trip. Say 5x premium for dangerous route = approximately 150 miles.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

The beauty of this is that, in character, how often do you rent a boat??? If you think it's a fair price, go for it. If not, well, have you ever seen anyone haggle before?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

sense motive to make sure he's not trying to overcharge us 1d20+16

What check do we roll to figure out if it is a decent price?

You feel fairly certain he's not raking you over the coals. You also feel that he'd rather be anywhere but here at the moment.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Deciding that the man isn't trying to gouge them for the price of the boat ride, Lavinia slowly nods. "I suppose that sounds like a fair price. When does your captain plan to leave? We will need to go make arrangements to have our luggage, horses and provisions delivered to the ship."


Male Fetchling Ninja

so much for haggling! ;D


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul has no problem paying a fair price.

The minotaur nods.

"Do you have more men to help load your vessel? We will bringing several week's worth of food and drink."


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:
Deciding that the man isn't trying to gouge them for the price of the boat ride, Lavinia slowly nods. "I suppose that sounds like a fair price. When does your captain plan to leave? We will need to go make arrangements to have our luggage, horses and provisions delivered to the ship."

"We plan to leave with the high tide tomorrow ma'am. We are figuring that it will be cloudy and windy and we hope that the wind will be in our favor. When do you wish to being everything on board?"


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul has no problem paying a fair price.

The minotaur nods.

"Do you have more men to help load your vessel? We will bringing several week's worth of food and drink."

"We do. They'll be along by this afternoon if you need help."


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

The minotaur snorts.

"I do not need help, but it will be faster."

The bull looks to his ladies.

"To the market then?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Yeah, I hate haggling if I don't have to and I didn't want to risk offending the guy and ending our only chance at river transport. If the group wants to haggle they'll know to send someone else next time. :)

"Yes, to the market now. We have a lot of provisions to buy and a few little personal errands to attend to in order to prepare for the trip."


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally continues to ride on Ruul's shoulder as the three head to the marketplace. She exclaims excitedly, "This fur is so soft! I admit that I thought your fur would be thick and coarse, but this is just fluffy! You must take very good care of it,"she adds as she rubs her legs and torso into Ruul's shoulder luxuriantly. She winks at Lavinia and Elen.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul snorts in amusement at the tiny familiar's tactile exploration.

"My people take great pride on our appearances", Ruul explains. "Especially our horns", he adds with a nod of the long off-white runecarved spears jutting from his skull.

"Arranging for a proper bath out here may be a challenge..."

As the minotaur catches sight of the frolicking Azata, he snorts again and adjusts his loincloth.

***

Once the group comes into the marketplace, Ruul's powerful chest swells as he takes a deep breath to allow the various smells to fill his senses.

"We will need a great deal of food and drink. We may need to buyout more than one vendor", he muses.

The bull looks down at his companions.

"Since we're the ones seeing to the task, it seems within our right to choose foods that appeal to us. What do you favor? None of you seemed to particularly enjoy the pastries the Venture Captain provided last night."


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

The pastries were fine, but you can't bring that kind of thing on an expedition. You need non-perishable foods, things that can be cooked easily and provide lots of nourishment. Are you herbivorous? Omnivorous? I'm familiar with what humans and elves eat, and I assume macavity's diet is similar.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Being able to guess that Ally is teasing them, Lavinia hopes that she speaks Celestial and that Ruul does not...

Celstial:
"Behave yourself little one, the middle of a busy market isn't the place to make me wonder about the softness of his fur."

Lavinia sighs as he mentions the challenge that bathing may be. "I fear you are right about that. I certainly do not relish the idea of having to bath in an ice-cold river. There is also a lack of privacy that goes along with river bathing that I do not enjoy."

When he mentions his horns, Lavinia asks: "They do look quite large and impressive. Is there a purpose for the runes carved into your horns?"

*************************************************************

Lavinia looks a bit surprised when Ruul mentions the pasties. "I thought the one I ate was quite delicious, however I don't know how well pastries will keep on the journey. We may have to pick sturdier fare to eat. Maybe some bread made to last, dried fruits and meats, hard cheeses, plenty of herbs and spices to flavor our food and to make teas, some grains to add to our stews. I do love a good barely and beef stew. Oh, and I suppose I should warn you guys now, I occasionally get sick on boats if the water is rough. So I'd really like to get some calming herb teas as well. Perhaps some chamomile and mint."

At Elen's question about food, Lavinia wonders aloud. "Do we need to provide enough food for the cat too or will it hunt its own? Will it eat dried meat, because fresh isn't going to last long on the trip."


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul's ears twitched at Lavinia's musical language but the meaning of her words was lost on him.

"A cold bath may be uncomfortable but it is good for keeping the senses sharp."

"If you're concerned about being attacked by demons or worse while you bathe, I will stand guard", the minotaur says, apparently not understanding the privacy concern.

The bull looks up at his own horns.

"The runes are decorative but they mean a great deal. They serve as a way for a minotaur to express his beliefs and achievements", he explains. "This one symbolizes my dedication to the All-Seeing Eye and this one, my time as a Pathfinder."

***

The minotaur nodded at the assessments of both woman, "Sturdy survival food would be best."

"I eat the same things you do - just more of it. I will need a great deal of meat to keep my strength up once we seriously begin exploring", the bull says in response to the elf's question.

"Food was one of the first miracles I discovered when I left the caves of the Kortos. The food the softer races create is wondrous with flavor. My people are too focused on survival to explore flavor as your kind do."

At the mention of Lagash, Ruul nods.

"We had best bring provisions for him as well. There's no telling if the game in the area will be safe for him to eat."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"Uhm, thank you. I will be sure to remember your offer if I ever have to bath in the river." Maybe later I can attempt to explain the concept of privacy to him...

*****************************************************

"Well, we know what we want, now we just need to find someone that sells it."

Lavinia looks about the market for someone who looks like they are selling trail supplies.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

As they enter the market, Elen sighs at a gaudy sign advertising "Krazy Ackbar's Magickal Items" with a caricature of a man in a turban. "I suppose people here have no idea of real Kelish culture, but is pandering to that ignorance really necessary?" As this shop is the first after entering the market, she asks the others to stop by this first. She peeks into the tent, and gives a happy cry, running in exclaiming loudly in Kelish. Neither Ruul nor Lavinia speak the tongue, so assuming they follow her in, they see her jabbering away in the foreign speech at a man dressed in the stereotypical Qadiran fashion. "Ruul, Lavinia, this is my old friend and mentor in the Qadiran Pathfinders, Shams al Din. He's an excellent merchant -- so why the 'Krazy Ackbar' nonsense?"

"Flower of the forest, they all assume we of the desert are named 'Ackbar' or 'Abdul' or some other such name, and get annoyed at us when we don't wear out-of-date fashion like this headwrap. This is an experiment, my dear, to see whether meeting these northern barbarians' expectations will result in better sales."

"Ahem!" Elen indicates her friends.

"A thousand pardons, sir and madam," the man says. "I spoke hastily -- by no means are all northerners barbarians, nor ignorant. Do either of you speak Kelish, by chance? No? That is all one, I can see your wayfinders and know that we are bretheren nonetheless." To confirm, he pulls a wayfinder of his own from beneath his vest. "So! For you, I have a special. You are going exploring, yes? Heading to the Tsar? No need to deny it, that dark elf was the center of attention in the Happy Duck last night. On the way here, I found a crafter of magic desperate for funds, who sold a huge stock of items at prices I could not have hoped for. Many of them I have already sold but I have more of these than I cared to count, and I think they would be very useful to you on your journey, yes?" He points to a chest of brooches, made of silver and copper, with a sign on it saying "Brooch of Cleanliness -- 400gp" He whispers to the three, "For you, 100. Only a bit more than I paid. Completely tested. Keep you as clean as a pampered harem sl... servant." He glances at Elen as he barely avoids saying the word "slave".

"That sounds like a wonderful thing. Would save on having to bathe in cold mountain streams -- although I do like that occasionally to be honest -- and the other elf, Kallistiel, as well, was complaining about cleanliness at the tavern. Shall we take 8?" asks Elen of her friends.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul greeted the man with a nod and then an offered shake of his massive paw.

"Well met."

At the offer of a brooch, Ruul looks over the bin. Not entirely satisfied with merely seeing with his eyes, Ruul brings a spell to the front of his mind but stops himself before appearing rude.

"With your permission..." Ruul asks with a wiggle of his meaty digits implying his intent to cast a spell.

Assuming he's okay with it, Ruul casts Detect Magic.

The minotaur's eyes go wide as he takes in the myriad of, although weak, colorful magical auras. He studies one for a moment, enjoying its simple but wondrous magic and then puts it down.

"No thank you. I won't be needing one of these", the bull says with a shake of his horned head.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Seven, then, and if anyone else doesn't want one, they'll be spares or gifts.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Later, in the Lodge after returning from the market -- guess this is a ProCon instead of a RetCon

Elen takes the remaining 5 Brooches of Cleanliness, other than the ones for herself and Lavinia. She goes first to Kallistiel, and speaks to her in Elven:

Elven:
I've seen the way that the dust and grime of adventuring frustrates you, sister, and in the market today I was fortunate enough to meet a fellow qadiran merchant selling a solution. Try this on, and you'll see -- look, I'm wearing one myself, and my shoes look like they were just shined, despite walking through the mud outside.

Elen shows Kallistiel the copper-and-silver brooches, one of which she is wearing, and then lifts the hem of her skirt to show the cleanliness of her black leather boots.


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]

Kallistiel blinks as she looks at the broach and then at Elen's clean clothes and boots.

Elven:
"Impressive. I... thank you for your forethought."

She then takes the offered broach and puts it on. Nothing happens, since she is already clean, but Kallistiel moves to a corner of the room where she had seen a dust mote earlier. She picks it up and rubs it between her fingers, and smiles in glee as the dust dissolves from her fingertips.

Elven:
"Ahh, this is wonderful! I'd never even heard of such things. Many thanks,"
she says bowing to Elen.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

To Kallistiel, in Elven:
Certainly, you're welcome. They were inexpensive as well, due to the generosity of the qadiran I mentioned, and I was able to acquire seven for a mere 700 gold.

Back at the Market
Friends, we are going to need to transport the food and supplies further, from Gundrun to the camp, yes? I suppose we can distribute the supplies between all of us, fill our high-capacity backpacks to the brim, and load our horses with anything else. Hmm, should we assume everyone will have approximately 100 lbs of capacity in their packs? I'll have more than that, I know, but others might have heavier gear. If so, we have 800 lbs to work with, and the horses can carry more if needed. That's actually a lot. I mean, 8 people can live for, I think, maybe a month or more on 800 lbs of food, especially with hunting and such to supplement.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

With the other busy Azaraunt applies himself to some research. If this town has a library or if the guildhouse has research aids he will avail himself of them. If there is a bonus for research materials please add it.

His areas of research and scores taking 10 include:

Wolves and Dire Wolves: Knowledge Nature= 23

Worgs and Winter Wolves: Knowledge Arcana = 25

Werewolves and Lycanthropes in general: Knowledge Nature = 23

The Worldwound: Knowledge History= 23, Knowledge Planes= 27, and Knowledge Geography =23

TSAR and its gate guard: Knowledge Local = 23, Knowledge History = 23, and knowledge Planes= 27

Gundrun: Knowledge Local]= 23, Knowledge History =23

Aorden’s Hammer: Knowledge History = 23, Knowledge Religion = 25

He will take good notes to share with others, that I hope will serve to aid their research if they have time to look into some of this.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"What a wonderful idea Elen, these broaches will save me from hypothermia. No ice cold rivers for me this trip. And no having to explain that I don't need someone to guard me during bathing...

Back at the market

"I've never provisioned a long expedition before, but that certainly sounds like plenty of food for a while. In addition to hunting, we can try our hands at some fishing while we are near the river, I also know a bit about gathering edible herbs and of course I can prepare a spell to give us safe drinking water and another spell to purify anything that may spoil."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:

With the other busy Azaraunt applies himself to some research. If this town has a library or if the guildhouse has research aids he will avail himself of them. If there is a bonus for research materials please add it.

I am working on the answers to this, it is just taking some time to look up and finding time to type it in.


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]

Sorry, didn't see this one as I was wading through posts, thanks Macavity for the link.

Numair Nejem wrote:
That is an organized collection, Calendir. With you as our scribe, we shall certainly not overlook anything. I refrained from mentioning the Hammer to Artemis as that was a personal request not related to the Society. Macavity's suggestion is a good one. Kallistiel, you have the bearing and decorum of a true blue blood. Would you mind terribly assuming the role of our leader? As your bodyguards and entourage, we would be honor-bound to ensure your safety and keep you company while you venture into dangerous lands. Your motives for being in the Worldwound are your own; they are none of our business, and none of anyone else's, should they inquire. What say you?

"Hmm, a ruse? It could work. Those with more training in the art of diplomacy could still do what they do best, if I take the stance that I do not deign to speak to my lessers," Kallistiel says. After a pause, she continues with a smirk, "They say it's always good to mix a little truth with the lie."

------------

I think Aid Another can work with Knowledge rolls involving libraries. If so, Kalli isn't doing anything and can Aid Azaraunt in the research. Taking 10, she has an 18 in everything, which should be enough to give +2s across the board.


Male Fetchling Ninja

"Excellent suggestion Numair, and thank you, Kallistiel for accepting." Macavity replies. Great lies and misdirection are best wrapped in heavy layers of fact and truth. "Now everyone should develop their own role enough for us to describe it to someone outside the group, like Kallistiel, our noble leader and sponsor who's 'motives for being in the Worldwound are her own.'"

"For example, I would suggest that I am her personal security expert, which is actually my area of specialization."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Back to that planning thread for a moment...

"Perhaps I could be her personal spiritual adviser? I could remain close and help give her any advice if needed. I have had to sit through quite a few lectures on etiquette and noble houses even though my own was quite minor."

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

It would be no ruse for me, if I swore to protect you. And you are searching for something in the waste. I have no intent of providing knowledge of our try purpose to those who might seek to do us harm. I can honestly answer that I am here protecting you while you are here to any who might ask. Anything else is not their need to know.

Numair is very pragmatic. He has used honesty to bring misfortune to evildoers before, and believes deeply in the power of truth. However, he's not stupid enough to go spilling secrets to every chump on the street.

251 to 300 of 4,025 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.