Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


2,001 to 2,050 of 4,025 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Round 3 REVISED, Init 16
Hands Sandstorm & Wand of Shield AC 24 (30 vs Gbudn) T 12 HP 65/65
Spells 1st: 3/3 Smite Evil 0/2 Battle Dance 12/13 Lay On Hands 10/10
Conditions (Effects; Target(s); Duration)
* Battle Flag (+1 morale attack, weapon damage, saves vs fear & charm; Pathfinders within 30 ft.; for as long as banner is not destroyed)
* Aura of Courage (+4 morale saves vs fear; allies within 10 ft.; while conscious)
* Shield (+4 shield AC; Numair; 6/10 rounds)
* Fly (Fly 60 ft. good, +3 Fly; Numair; 20/70 rounds)
* Haste (+1 atk, AC, Ref, extra atk, +30 ft.; from Az; 5/7 rounds)
* Smite Evil (+6 atk, dmg, +6 deflection AC vs Gbudn; Numair; until Gbudn defeated)
* Charge (+2 charge attack, -2 AC; Numair; 1 round)

As the gargoyles flee, he cuts at one instinctively and watches as it spirals to its death. Then, he looks ahead to where the others are fleeing and points at Gbudn with Sandstorm.

Though your fear is finally realized, you can't leave yet. I still have some questions.

Numair will fill his eyes with Sarenrae's wrath and charge across the sky, Sanstorm thrust ahead of him.

Swift action: activate smite evil vs Gbudn. Full round action: Charge up to 120' to attack Gbudn. Numair will provoke AoO from other gargoyles if he has to fly past them.

At the last instant, he reverses his grip and brings the blunt edge of the curved blade around, going for a temple strike.

Sandstorm vs Gbudn, PS, SE, BF, Haste, Charge, non-lethal: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 28
Damage, non-lethal: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 6 + 1 = 17

@Kallistiel: Numair will be there just ahead of you. You should get the bonuses, unless they are scattering in different directions instead of fleeing in a group.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Round 3 Summary (as of 3pm yesterday):

  • Macavity - 120' move action
  • Lavinia - Holy Smite v. Bor
  • Numair - AoO on G8, killed the creature
  • G3 - AoO on Macavity

I'll update this list when I have responded to the rest of the party actions.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:
Calendir Elberen wrote:
Question: Has my latest attack against Bor been resolved?
Actually I meant Calendir's attack :D

Where is the post? I thought that I had: It was the Manyshot attack on Bor, right?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Yep, that was the one


Male Gemstone Gargoyle (amythest) Fighter (Crossbowman) 6
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard moves forward a full move (60 hasted) and tries to blast the the Gemstone Gargoyle that is not grappled.

[dice=SR]1d20+7+2

[dice=Magic Missiles]4d4+4

The missiles go deep into its back, severing a wing and splitting its spinal column in two. It falls to the ground, nothing more than a carcass.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:
Yep, that was the one

Then I believe that it was resolved. Go ahead and take your 3rd round action. Bear in mind, Bor is the only leader left and he is grappled.

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1
Gbudn Metalstench wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard moves forward a full move (60 hasted) and tries to blast the the Gemstone Gargoyle that is not grappled.

[dice=SR]1d20+7+2

[dice=Magic Missiles]4d4+4

The missiles go deep into its back, severing a wing and splitting its spinal column in two. It falls to the ground, nothing more than a carcass.

Haha, Azaraunt got to him first. In that case, Numair will charge the other leader, still doing non-lethal.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Sorry, did not want a leader getting away.

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1
Azaraunt wrote:
Sorry, did not want a leader getting away.

No problem! As long as we have one to question, its all good. Too bad that Malerix got away, but I don't think we could have stopped that.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Are any of the gargoyles still in a location that will allow me to move (30 feet) and be within 30 feet of them?
Barely; you would be 30' back from G6. You can take an AoO on G3 if you wish.

Elen isn't flying. Is G3 flying within 10 feet of the ground? If so she could use her dagger and Ally's readied action would have gone off as soon as the gargoyle got within 5 feet. Damage and reflex save above.

If she can move within 30 feet and be 30 feet or less from G6, she will do so and try slumber again. DC 19 Will save.

Unfortunately, G3 went back up to 20' once he took his AoO against Macavity.

Will v. Slumber: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The creature shakes its head, feeling lightheaded for a second. That damned heart again; he shouldn't have eaten the habaneros before flying out.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Seeing Bor grappled, Calendir recognizes the opportunity to capture and interrogate an important foe, so he changes to target the remaining foes.

Now using the flaming arrows, targetting "normal" gargoyles

Attack 1(manyshot): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 8 = 16
Damage if it hits(manyshot): 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 8 = 14

Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 8 = 11

Attack 3(manyshot): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 8 = 16


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Kallistiel Illuiadlara wrote:

Was my AoO in the post (#1980) above, for the attack as it fired it's crossbow, resolved?

Round 3. Init 11.
Did you mention an AoO as they fled? If so:
AoO on G6: 1d20+14-2-1+1, Damage: 1d6+8+1

Kallistiel lashes out with her rapier as the creature attempts to flee. She then flies after the group stabbing out at the one she caught up to.

If G6 is still alive then fly 60' to attack G6. Otherwise, fly 60' to another non-leader gargoyle to attack. If none are within 60', then Charge (+2 to hit, -2 AC).
Attack: 1d20+14-2-1, Damage: 1d6+8

Note I removed Numair's battle flag bonus from this attack since we might not be within 30' of each other at this point.

** spoiler omitted **

On the AoO

You manage to take a nasty swipe at the gargoyle as he passes by, severing an artery in his leg. With the blood loss he already sustained, he could no longer stay in flight.

On the attack, closest target is G3

Your attack on the creature almost takes his arm off, leaving it useless to him. He is barely able to hang onto his weapon.

On your HP, you took 7 points of damage in round 1. 2 of those points have been healed through infernal healing


Gemstone (Sapphire) Gargoyle Fighter (Crossbowmen) 6
Numair Nejem wrote:

Round 3 REVISED, Init 16

Hands Sandstorm & Wand of Shield AC 24 (30 vs Gbudn) T 12 HP 65/65
Spells 1st: 3/3 Smite Evil 0/2 Battle Dance 12/13 Lay On Hands 10/10
Conditions (Effects; Target(s); Duration)
* Battle Flag (+1 morale attack, weapon damage, saves vs fear & charm; Pathfinders within 30 ft.; for as long as banner is not destroyed)
* Aura of Courage (+4 morale saves vs fear; allies within 10 ft.; while conscious)
* Shield (+4 shield AC; Numair; 6/10 rounds)
* Fly (Fly 60 ft. good, +3 Fly; Numair; 20/70 rounds)
* Haste (+1 atk, AC, Ref, extra atk, +30 ft.; from Az; 5/7 rounds)
* Smite Evil (+6 atk, dmg, +6 deflection AC vs Gbudn; Numair; until Gbudn defeated)
* Charge (+2 charge attack, -2 AC; Numair; 1 round)

As the gargoyles flee, he cuts at one instinctively and watches as it spirals to its death. Then, he looks ahead to where the others are fleeing and points at Gbudn with Sandstorm.

Though your fear is finally realized, you can't leave yet. I still have some questions.

Numair will fill his eyes with Sarenrae's wrath and charge across the sky, Sanstorm thrust ahead of him.

Swift action: activate smite evil vs Gbudn. Full round action: Charge up to 120' to attack Gbudn. Numair will provoke AoO from other gargoyles if he has to fly past them.

At the last instant, he reverses his grip and brings the blunt edge of the curved blade around, going for a temple strike.

[dice=Sandstorm vs Gbudn, PS, SE, BF, Haste, Charge, non-lethal]1d20+11-2+6+1+1+2-4
[dice=Damage, non-lethal]1d6+5+4+6+1

@Kallistiel: Numair will be there just ahead of you. You should get the bonuses, unless they are scattering in different directions instead of fleeing in a group.

You're not going to be able to Charge him, I am afraid, Bor is currently being pinned by Ruul.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Additional action in the last 24 hours:

  • Azaraunt - Magic Missiles to Gbudn, creature is dead
  • Elen - tried to put G3 to sleep, failed
  • Kallistiel - An AoO and attack, killed one creature

Still to resolve:

  • Numair - probable attack on Bor
  • Calendir - firing on remaining gargoyles
  • Macavity - 3rd round action

I think I got everyone, right?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Seeing Bor grappled, Calendir recognizes the opportunity to capture and interrogate an important foe, so he changes to target the remaining foes.

Now using the flaming arrows, targetting "normal" gargoyles

[dice=Attack 1(manyshot)]1d20+10
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8
[dice=Damage if it hits(manyshot)]1d8+1d6+8

[dice=Attack 2]1d20+10
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8

[dice=Attack 3(manyshot)]1d20+5
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8

There are 3 'regular' gargoyles left. Which one do you want?

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Round 3 (third attempt), Init 16

Bor Metalstench wrote:
You're not going to be able to Charge him, I am afraid, Bor is currently being pinned by Ruul.

Right, forgot Ruul was large & in the way. Ok, with Calendir still to go and shooting at one of the regular gargoyles (as of this post: G1 with 5 damage, G3 with 39 damage, and G5 with 49 damage), Numair will attack the least wounded regular gargoyle that has a clear path between him and it (assuming G1, change target as needed).

Swift Action: Cast Dazzling Blade
Move Action: Fly up to 60'
Free Action: Discharge Dazzling Blade on G1 (Will Save DC 19. Pass = Dazzled 1 round. Fail = Blinded 1 Round)
Standard Action: Attack G1 with Sandstorm

Sandstorm, PS, FB, Haste: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 26 (if G1 is blinded, it loses its Dex to AC, and takes -2 penalty to AC)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 13

Sandstorm Confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 13
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 14

Status:

Hands Sandstorm & Wand of Shield AC 26 T 12 HP 65/65
Spells 1st: 2/3 Smite Evil 1/2 Battle Dance 12/13 Lay On Hands 10/10
Conditions (Effects; Target(s); Duration)
* Battle Flag (+1 morale attack, weapon damage, saves vs fear & charm; Pathfinders within 30 ft.; for as long as banner is not destroyed)
* Aura of Courage (+4 morale saves vs fear; allies within 10 ft.; while conscious)
* Shield (+4 shield AC; Numair; 6/10 rounds)
* Fly (Fly 60 ft. good, +3 Fly; Numair; 20/70 rounds)
* Haste (+1 atk, AC, Ref, extra atk, +30 ft.; from Az; 5/7 rounds)
* Dazzling Blade (Will DC 19 for Dazzled/Blind; G1; 1 round)


Are we in the next round yet?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Will v. Dazzling Blade: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 He made his save, so he is only dazzled, the crit does not confirm.

Feeling Sandstorm go into his back, the gargoyle turns around to face his opponent, forgetting about the giant minotaur and his leader entirely.

Crossbow v. Numair, AC26: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Bellowing out a roar, the gargoyle throws down his weapon and dives after the paladin, or at least tries to.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
Are we in the next round yet?

Pretty much.

DMPC for Calendir...

Firing away, trying to get rid of the few remaining 'regulars,' Calendir spies one trying to get at Kallistiel. He fires off as many as he can, with two adamantine-tipped arrows going home. The gargoyle screeches, but is dead by the time he hits the ground.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Round 4: Initiative and Damage Tracker

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1
Lord Manticore wrote:

[Crossbow v. Numair, AC26] 1d20+2

Bellowing out a roar, the gargoyle throws down his weapon and dives after the paladin, or at least tries to.

Does he fire his crossbow while still in mêlée range? If so..

Sandstorm AoO vs G1, PS, FB, Haste: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 11

Sandstorm Confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 16
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 15

If not, count this as the first attack of my full-attack action next round (which I will post once its closer to my turn to avoid the situation I was in last turn.)


Ruul growls as he cinches his grip further.

"Yield!"

Grapple to Pin: 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 20 + 5 = 39

The big minotaur tightens the nelson, squeezing the gargoyle's neck down into its chest until the creature can't move.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Ruul, lets see what the gargoyle does first as I believe its at the top of the initiative order. Then, if you still have it grappled I believe you must first roll to maintain the grapple. That roll is +5. If you maintain, then you can try to pin. I have no doubt of your prowess though and believe you can pin the creature. :)


Maintaining and Pinning is the same action/roll.

I know how it works. I've done a lot of grappling.

For those that don't know wrote:
As a standard action, you can attempt to grapple a foe, hindering his combat options. If you do not have Improved Grapple, grab, or a similar ability, attempting to grapple a foe provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver. Humanoid creatures without two free hands attempting to grapple a foe take a –4 penalty on the combat maneuver roll. If successful, both you and the target gain the grappled condition. If you successfully grapple a creature that is not adjacent to you, move that creature to an adjacent open space (if no space is available, your grapple fails). Although both creatures have the grappled condition, you can, as the creature that initiated the grapple, release the grapple as a free action, removing the condition from both you and the target. If you do not release the grapple, you must continue to make a check each round, as a standard action, to maintain the hold. If your target does not break the grapple, you get a +5 circumstance bonus on grapple checks made against the same target in subsequent rounds. Once you are grappling an opponent, a successful check allows you to continue grappling the foe, and also allows you to perform one of the following actions (as part of the standard action spent to maintain the grapple).


Male Fetchling Ninja

Macavity starts 50-ft in front of the schmuck gargoyles.

With Ruul grappling the only leader alive, Macavity sees only two viable targets: one bothering Ruul G5, and another not flying fast enough away from Numair G1. Decisions. Decisions.

Macavity will target G5, because Ruul is occupied. However, if someone drops him before Macavity's initiative, like Elen, he'll attack G1.

Round 4, Init 16

Status:

Hands +1 Composite Longbow & free AC 24 Touch 18 HP 60/60
Spell-like Abilities (effects; daily usage; duration)
* Vanishing Trick (Invisibility) 4/6 for 7 rounds
* Disguise Self 1/1 for 70 minutes
Conditions
* Numair's Battle Flag (+1 morale attack & damage)
* Haste
Consumables used
1 Adamantine blanche arrow
2 regular arrow


Move action: Move within 30-feet of schmucks
Standard action: attack schmuck -4 firing into melee +1 BF +1 Haste: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 30
damage regular magic arrow +sneak +BF: 1d8 + 2 + 3d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (4, 3, 1) + 1 + 1 = 17 oops, one too many damage here, because Haste doesn't add to damage.


Confirm critical: attack schmuck -4 firing into melee +1 BF +1 Haste: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 27
bonus damage regular magic arrow +BF: 2d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 16

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12
Lord Manticore wrote:
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
Are we in the next round yet?

Pretty much.

DMPC for Calendir...

Firing away, trying to get rid of the few remaining 'regulars,' Calendir spies one trying to get at Kallistiel. He fires off as many as he can, with two adamantine-tipped arrows going home. The gargoyle screeches, but is dead by the time he hits the ground.

LM, simply to clarify that Calendir will not use adamantine tipped arrows at "regular" gargoyles, but instead normal ones which have been enchanted by Azaraunt

Intent on clearing the field of enemies as fast as possible so that the necessary attention can be given to the leader captured by Ruul, Calendir takes aim at the one threatening Numair. G1

Attack 1 (with Manyshot): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 8 = 16

Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (7) + (5) + 8 = 20

Attack 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 8 = 15


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Numair Nejem wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:

[Crossbow v. Numair, AC26] 1d20+2

Bellowing out a roar, the gargoyle throws down his weapon and dives after the paladin, or at least tries to.

Does he fire his crossbow while still in mêlée range? If so..

[dice=Sandstorm AoO vs G1, PS, FB, Haste]1d20+11-2+1+1
[dice=Damage]1d6+5+4+1

[dice=Sandstorm Confirm]1d20+11-2+1+1
[dice=Critical Damage]1d6+5+4+1

If not, count this as the first attack of my full-attack action next round (which I will post once its closer to my turn to avoid the situation I was in last turn.)

No, he threw down his weapon. He will be going after you with his bare hands and natural weapons this round.


Gemstone (Sapphire) Gargoyle Fighter (Crossbowmen) 6
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul growls as he cinches his grip further.

"Yield!"

The big minotaur tightens the nelson, squeezing the gargoyle's neck down into its chest until the creature can't move.

Grapple Break v. CMD39: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Well crap, all that talk of nat 1 is throwing my dice off :(

"Never you foul beast. I'll never cave to the likes of you."

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

The wizard moves back to the battle line where Elen is and readies to cast Magic Missile at Bor IF he breaks free.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

I am holding off on resolving Calendir and Macavity for the moment, so that Elen can have a chance to respond (Azaraunt responded as I typed this out). Her action will determine whether both G1 and G5 dies. Currently, both Macavity and Calendir will be able to kill their respective targets.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Busy day, I will have a post up in a couple hours.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Not a problem. Once you've posted, I'll resolve the rest. That should just about wrap up the battle.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Round 3 (or is it 4?), Init 24

Ally will hold her action at this point.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Round 3?, Init 20

Elen will move within 30 feet of the closest living gargoyle and use her misfortune hex. Will Save DC 21.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

The only targets left are G1, G5, and Bor, which I am guessing your not firing on, since he is being pinned this round by Ruul. I'm going to say that the effect works on G1.

Will v. Misfortune: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 He has been bonked.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Macavity the black wrote:

Macavity starts 50-ft in front of the schmuck gargoyles.

With Ruul grappling the only leader alive, Macavity sees only two viable targets: one bothering Ruul G5, and another not flying fast enough away from Numair G1. Decisions. Decisions.

Macavity will target G5, because Ruul is occupied. However, if someone drops him before Macavity's initiative, like Elen, he'll attack G1.

Round 4, Init 16
** spoiler omitted **


Move action: Move within 30-feet of schmucks
Standard action: [dice=attack schmuck -4 firing into melee +1 BF +1 Haste]1d20 +12 -4 +1 +1
[dice=damage regular magic arrow +sneak +BF]1d8 +2 +3d6 +1 +1 oops, one too many damage here, because Haste doesn't add to damage.


Confirm critical: [dice=attack schmuck -4 firing into melee +1 BF +1 Haste]1d20 +12 -4 +1 +1
[dice=bonus damage regular magic arrow +BF]2d8 +4 +2 +2

Macavity is next on initiative...

Finding the right angle, your arrow goes through the left arm, where it meets the body, and up through the shoulder blade. It screeches in agony, and begins to fall. It lands on its back, not moving.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Calendir Elberen wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
Are we in the next round yet?

Pretty much.

DMPC for Calendir...

Firing away, trying to get rid of the few remaining 'regulars,' Calendir spies one trying to get at Kallistiel. He fires off as many as he can, with two adamantine-tipped arrows going home. The gargoyle screeches, but is dead by the time he hits the ground.

LM, simply to clarify that Calendir will not use adamantine tipped arrows at "regular" gargoyles, but instead normal ones which have been enchanted by Azaraunt

Intent on clearing the field of enemies as fast as possible so that the necessary attention can be given to the leader captured by Ruul, Calendir takes aim at the one threatening Numair. G1

[dice=Attack 1 (with Manyshot)]1d20+10
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8

[dice=Attack 2]1d20+10
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8

[dice=Attack 3]1d20+5
[dice=Damage if it hits]1d8+1d6+8

The first two arrows slam home, flipping the creature sideways in midair. It is unable to recover from the arrows to its mid-section and falls to the earth, dead.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

At this point, I believe that we are down to Ruul's GrappleFest (trademarked). Bor won't give up unless you kill him or knock him out. I'll leave it up to you as to how to handle this, I'm gonna go count the XP. :)

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Do we have any manacles or taking prisoners or just some rope?

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Round 4, Init 16

Status:

Hands Sandstorm & Wand of Shield AC 26 (32 vs Bor) T 12 HP 65/65
Spells 1st: 2/3 Smite Evil 0/2 Battle Dance 12/13 Lay On Hands 10/10
Conditions (Effects; Target(s); Duration)
* Battle Flag (+1 morale attack, weapon damage, saves vs fear & charm; Pathfinders within 30 ft.; for as long as banner is not destroyed)
* Aura of Courage (+4 morale saves vs fear; allies within 10 ft.; while conscious)
* Shield (+4 shield AC; Numair; 5/10 rounds)
* Fly (Fly 60 ft. good, +3 Fly; Numair; 19/70 rounds)
* Haste (+1 atk, AC, Ref, extra atk, +30 ft.; from Az; 4/7 rounds)
* Smite Evil (+6 atk, dmg, +6 deflection AC vs Bor; Numair; until Bor defeated)

Nice shot, Macavity! Nice shooting, Calendir!

Numair dodges through the falling gargoyles, and flies around to the opposite side of Ruul.

Not giving up, is he? Let me see if I can convince him to see reason.

His eyes shine with firey light, and he lays into the pinned monster.

Move action: Fly up to 60'
Swift action: smite evil on Bor
Standard action: Attack with Sandstorm

Sandstorm vs Bor, PS, BF, SE, Haste, non-lethal: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 4 = 31
Damage, ignore DR, non-lethal: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 = 17

Sandstorm Confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 4 = 24
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 1 + 6 = 19


Assuming Numair hasn't knocked him out already...

"If you won't bend than you'll be broken", the bull minotaur growls.

Ruul's mighty frame flexes as squeezes the nelson tighter, applying enough crushing force to grind even stone to dust.

Grapple for Damage /w Power Attack: 1d20 + 20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 5 - 2 = 41
Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 4 = 19


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Between Ruul and Numair, the gargoyle known as Bor, passes out from the pain.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

The elven wizard relaxes, but just barely. He continues to watch the skies to make sure no other threat materializes and ponders to the group. The Clanliege should be pleased with our help, but will also know that the dragon came early this year looking for us. I wonder if our welcome here will change.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Bor is the only gargoyle remaining, correct?

Elen and Ally make a circuit of the battlefield, checking the bodies of each gargoyle laying on the ground. If any are still breathing, she performs a quick, merciful, coup de grace to finish them off.

If needed, damage from Coup De Grace using +1 dagger: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Ally flies over carrying Elen's silk rope. She offers it to Ruul and Numair as they deal with the passed-out Sapphire Gargoyle.

Elen and Ally will also study any gear that the gargoyles have, searching for magical weapons and ammunition. In particular, Elen is interested in whether the gargoyles are carrying magical crossbows or magical crossbow bolts.

Elen doesn't have Detect Magic prepared, but per the house rule, she can cast it as a full-round action. This will simply slow down the examination of items slightly, so I won't bother listing it for each item.

Taking 10 on spellcraft to identify magical items: 10 + 12 + 2 = 24

If there is anything that a 24 spellcraft result can't figure out, she will take it to Azaraunt and explain that she wasn't able to figure this particular item out.


Ruul cradles the now dead weight of the gargoyle easily as he magically drifts back to the earth.

He drops his unconscious foe rather unceremoniously on the ground while he waits for the rope to arrive.

"Well done, everyone", the minotaur rumbles.

"I would say we work rather well as a team."

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Agreed. The wizard adds. [b]And we will get better working as a team as we learn more about each other. [b]

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Actually a bit dissapointed about the ranger's performance :/


What do you mean? I don't think you missed a single shot.

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,025 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.