Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


1,001 to 1,050 of 4,025 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally finishes her tune and tries to gather everyone in the team together to discuss their next steps. She asks everyone to gather in the mess hall, asking if Imbrukar would be willing to watch the captives if they put them in a bedchamber, and he can participate in the conversation, if desired, by telepathy to Azuraunt. Once they're there, to everyone who was willing to come, she stands on Elen's shoulder and speaks.

"Alright. Let's do this right. We need to talk to each of these people, find out what each one knows, why they're here, what they were doing, who the Harbinger is or was, and probably we can think of some other questions. I think we should make a quick plan of what questions to ask, so we don't forget anything."

Ally waves her hand, and a Silent Image appears beside her of words floating in the air, forming a list.


  • Who is the Harbinger?
  • Why are you on board this boat?
  • Do you know who we are?
  • Why did you kill Niles?
  • Why did you attack us?

"Does anyone else have anything we want answered?"

Nevermind, Ruul already started the interrogation.


Ruul has already started questioning them. Is Ally going to stop him?

He's already asked most of those questions.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Oh, didn't even notice that Ruul had begun talking to them already. Nevermind, let's just retcon that entire post.


Not a problem. Ally can help Ruul or maybe go interrogate Rondar.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Who is Ruul interrogating exactly? Digory and Shamil?


Digory and Shamil since they're in close proximity.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

When Elen rejoins her, Ally leads the way down the hall to the Captain's cabin, where Roondar has been made secure. Elen removes the gag from the gnome's mouth, but he is still securely tied. Ally whispers to Elen to be ready in case he tries something, then speaks to the gnome.

"I'm honestly hurt, Roondar. I thought you and I had a real friendship starting. Why did you turn on us? We could have had a grand voyage to Gundrun, playing music all the way. You know, I'm certain the minotaur isn't happy with you. Nor is Elen here, or any of the others. Talking to me might be your best chance at avoiding the more... physical sorts of interrogations. It would be a real tragedy for those skilled fingers of yours to be, say, unable to hold a violin again. Not to mention what we might do to that masterfully built instrument of yours. But the greatest tragedy would be what might happen to your mind... oh yes... that delightfully creative mind that came up with all those lies and let them drip from your tongue so glibly, even as you poured music out like flowing water. My companion... she seems so very shy, doesn't she? You should see what she is capable of. I've seen people that made her really pissed off. She left them mewling, stunned, pathetic shells of the people they used to be... a Witch's curse is a profoundly disabling thing, not to mention what happens if you lay curse upon curse upon curse..."

Elen does her best to let a gleam of anger and madness grow in her eyes as she gazes on the gnome. Being the quietly threatening heavy to Ally's sympathetic, but insistent inquisitor is a role she has yet to be completely comfortable in, though it's not the first time.

Intimidate for Ally: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Aid Another intimidate for Elen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Fetchling Ninja

at least interrogate the clowns separately


Male Fetchling Ninja

After thoroughly searching their cabins, Macavity will thoroughly search the prisoners.

You can't say Macavity Search without Cavity Search!


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

It's been pointed out that characters smaller than the target get a -4 to intimidate. That said, the above rolls can still stand, giving a net 21 to intimidate.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 2 = 30

knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 = 35

I believe I have heard of this Harbinger, or better named the Harbingers. Among the countless legions of daemons on the plane of Abaddon, a few are able to distinguish themselves. These unique individuals are collectively known as harbingers. They rank in power above all other daemons, save the archdaemons. Most maintain small cults on Abaddon and elsewhere, granting power to their worshipers. It might be that within their possessions we will find something to name the specific daemon they swore to. There are so many.

LM, please correct, add or subtract from the above based on my knowledge roles. the +2 is from my favored enemy bonus.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1
Niles...Just Niles wrote:
Numair Nejem wrote:
1d100
Your healing powers work, and within a moment or so, Niles re-awakens, coughing. He is very weak Before Lavinia's Heal check., but nods at Numair and says weakly, "You came to bang the gnome too?"

Numair remains seated, his muscles cramped and stiff. "No, Niles, I came to speak with you. I know it might be difficult, but I want you to tell me everything you can remember after you came in this room. I'm not judging you, but there's been a murder, so its important that you be honest."

diplomacy, neg lvl: 1d20 + 18 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 18 - 1 = 35


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Macavity the black wrote:
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Calendir returns upstairs to meet with Macavity - It is strange - I cannot shake the feeling that there must be further intentions to that group downstairs than simple murder - you can go below deck if you wish Macavity, Ruul is in the process of interrogating our attackers - I will keep watch up here with Lagash.

Calendir then takes a tour of the deck, to make sure the area is safe, and climbs atop the captains' cabin to watch the area.

Macavity nods to Calendir and sheathes his sword. "Yes, they would appear to be amateurs if they attempt mischief without clear escape routes. I'll go down and search their cabins." Macavity standing jumps 25 feet across the deck, gracefully lands on the deck, and heads toward their cabins.

As he passes Ruul, Macavity lightly smacks his horn to get his attention. "Way to go, Ace."

You just blew our cover story in our very first encounter!

Macavity spends 8 minutes in each cabin of the bad guy's searching for anything unusual. perception take 20 = 35, 36 for traps, 37 if a Human hid it. And goodnight, folks.

You spend a fair amount of time making sure nothing else is going to happen. However, if this gang were going to try anything, their materials are not on board. Other than normal possessions (i.e. clothes, snacks, etc.) there is nothing to make you suspect anything.


Fighter 3/Rogue 5//AC: 19/14/19 Fort:6/Ref: 9(evasion, 10 traps)/Will: 1(2 traps)//HP 47
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul returns a short moment later (after donning his loincloth and helping Lavinia into her armor).

"Thank you Calendir. We will take them from here."

The minotaur kneels down to a crouch so he can look the bound Diggory in the eyes. He motions for the fierce Lagash to make some room as well. His voice is deep, rich, and calm - quite different from the beastly growl coming from him moments ago.

"Who are the lot of you, in truth? Who is this Harbringer and what made you think you could take on a group of fully equipped and experienced Pathfinders?"

[dice=Diplomacy w/ Enhanced Diplomacy]1d20+16+2

I'm going to pick up the interrogation from here, knowing that it's Ruul and Ally asking most of the questions. If I missed anything interrogation specific, just point it out to me and I'll revise as I go.

"We are paid mercenaries, just like you. I don't know who or what the Harbinger is, just that I was told to mention that when we took you out."
Shamil is practically bouncing in her seat. Before anyone can do anything to stop her, she wails out "Gods, I am so freaking hot right now." Looking at Ruul, she pleads, "Please, can't I just have a taste, I'll say anything if I can just have a little of that...rod." Ruul, make a quick Perception check at this point, please.
Digory looks over at her in disgust. "Shut up, you foul-mouthed little whore. If it wasn't for you focusing on committing an act of bestiality on that thing, we might have pulled it off."


Ruul watches as the pair bicker.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


Female Gnome
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul returns a short moment later (after donning his loincloth and helping Lavinia into her armor).

"Thank you Calendir. We will take them from here."

[dice=Diplomacy w/ Enhanced Diplomacy]1d20+16+2

He looks at Lavinia and then glances at the bound Shamil.

"Was what happened to Nigel, what you had planned for me?" he asks as he adjusts his loincloth in hopes that the amorous little gnome will focus on him instead of what's hanging behind his garment.

Showing hatred to Digory as he lashes his tongue at her, she turns back to Ruul. "Unfortunately yes. But I guarantee that you would have died with a smile on your face. I love having my way with people, but I would have still done the job if that's what your asking."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul watches as the pair bicker.

[dice=Perception]1d20+16

Shamil's accent is completely gone at this point. She sounds more like she is from Magnimar than 'Scotland,' (where ever that is :).


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:
The hat comes off as well, in due course. Azaraunt is well familiar with hats of disguise.
Duly noted, I've added it to the party inventory.

Er, do we know what it was yet?

How did these three thugs get on board? Did anyone see them before now? It seems like if the female gnome had not killed Nigel then we would have not been tipped off quite so quickly. Was that murder a simple indulgence on her part, or was there some purpose behind it?

Upon closer inspection, you remember seeing them before. They came on board at Castle Urion, loading cargo on, and then they simply never got off.


"By the time I was done, you would have been in no condition to assassinate anyone", the bull says brusquely.

"What about Niles? Why kill him?"


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

Based on how Niles appear, Lavinia will cast either cure light wounds or cure moderate wounds if needed. Feel free to just roll for me whichever one.

After looking over Niles, Lavinia will attend to Numair. "And how are you? Is there anything I can do?"

A CLW will work fine on him, he is a 1 HD expert (sailor). Anything more will be a waste.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

clw it is then on Niles 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Lavinia will finish seeing to his health and Numair's asking if she can get anything for him before going to check on how the interrogation is proceeding.


Male Gnome
Alliriyallin wrote:

When Elen rejoins her, Ally leads the way down the hall to the Captain's cabin, where Roondar has been made secure. Elen removes the gag from the gnome's mouth, but he is still securely tied. Ally whispers to Elen to be ready in case he tries something, then speaks to the gnome.

"I'm honestly hurt, Roondar. I thought you and I had a real friendship starting. Why did you turn on us? We could have had a grand voyage to Gundrun, playing music all the way. You know, I'm certain the minotaur isn't happy with you. Nor is Elen here, or any of the others. Talking to me might be your best chance at avoiding the more... physical sorts of interrogations. It would be a real tragedy for those skilled fingers of yours to be, say, unable to hold a violin again. Not to mention what we might do to that masterfully built instrument of yours. But the greatest tragedy would be what might happen to your mind... oh yes... that delightfully creative mind that came up with all those lies and let them drip from your tongue so glibly, even as you poured music out like flowing water. My companion... she seems so very shy, doesn't she? You should see what she is capable of. I've seen people that made her really pissed off. She left them mewling, stunned, pathetic shells of the people they used to be... a Witch's curse is a profoundly disabling thing, not to mention what happens if you lay curse upon curse upon curse..."

Elen does her best to let a gleam of anger and madness grow in her eyes as she gazes on the gnome. Being the quietly threatening heavy to Ally's sympathetic, but insistent inquisitor is a role she has yet to be completely comfortable in, though it's not the first time.

[dice=Intimidate for Ally]1d20+6+2
[dice=Aid Another intimidate for Elen]1d20+3

Roondar cuts you off as you go on about Elen's abilities. He looks at you with a beatific smile and says, "Do you think I'm worried about what a little witch might do to me? Compared to the Harbinger, you and her both are nothing more than worms under the ground." He says this with the air of a man asking about the price of turnips at the farmer's market. "Even His least minion is more than a match for any two of you." Roondar looks at you for a moment, not your naked form, but eye to eye. He nods to himself and smiles again. "You have no idea to whom I am even speaking of. You'll not last long enough to even meet one of His Disciples. Do with me what you want, it will be nothing compared to what I face for my failure."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:

[dice=knowledge Planes]1d20+19+2

[dice=knowledge Religion]1d20+17+2

I believe I have heard of this Harbinger, or better named the Harbingers. Among the countless legions of daemons on the plane of Abaddon, a few are able to distinguish themselves. These unique individuals are collectively known as harbingers. They rank in power above all other daemons, save the archdaemons. Most maintain small cults on Abaddon and elsewhere, granting power to their worshipers. It might be that within their possessions we will find something to name the specific daemon they swore to. There are so many.

LM, please correct, add or subtract from the above based on my knowledge roles. the +2 is from my favored enemy bonus.

'Harbinger':
Although you are correct in your basic knowledge of "Harbingers," in the context that the mercenaries are speaking, it must be one specific entity that they are referring to. Legend speaks of such an entity, although it (the entity has held forms of both genders before) has assumed many forms. The legends say that this creature has lived for thousands of years, living, dying, and then being re-born time after time. This is where your planes roll really comes in handy. Between dying and rebirth on the Prime Material Plane, it take on another form, any that it chooses, and wanders the planes for centuries at a time. It is said that this Harbinger seeks only arcane knowledge and that, once it has achieved that knowledge, it will become a god, but not just any god. It will become as powerful as Io itself, for it has seen everything, been everything, and done everything that a mortal (or immortal) could do.
Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

The wizard will recite this openly to the party in front of Roondar, explaining it more like folklore than fact. Sort of a "One more uppity Daemon" attitude.

Does his 35 knowledge Religion tell him anything about its name, appearance, or nature, or anything about its temples or worshipers?


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Numair Nejem wrote:
Niles...Just Niles wrote:
Numair Nejem wrote:
1d100
Your healing powers work, and within a moment or so, Niles re-awakens, coughing. He is very weak Before Lavinia's Heal check., but nods at Numair and says weakly, "You came to bang the gnome too?"

Numair remains seated, his muscles cramped and stiff. "No, Niles, I came to speak with you. I know it might be difficult, but I want you to tell me everything you can remember after you came in this room. I'm not judging you, but there's been a murder, so its important that you be honest."

[Dice=diplomacy, neg lvl]1d20+18-1

Drinking down the milky like substance, Niles can feel his strength returning. He looks over at Lavinia and graciously thanks her for her generosity. He then turns his head back to you and says, "Well, sir, I was taking the advice of your other healer friend who told me that the gnome lady was really looking to put out. It seemed only right that I help put her mind out at ease."He pauses to lick his lips. "It was real good at first and it seemed like she was enjoying herself, I didn't need any rum or anything for that. But she started getting rough, trying to get me to go and do my thing quickly. To be honest, I was feeling a little tired, but I tried nonetheless. Then I suddenly felt something stuck me just below the ribs. I don't remember nothing after that. How long was I asleep? Did I miss my watch?"


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard will recite this openly to the party in front of Roondar, explaining it more like folklore than fact. Sort of a "One more uppity Daemon" attitude.

Does his 35 knowledge Religion tell him anything about its name, appearance, or nature, or anything about its temples or worshipers?

Nope, this 'thing' deals with strictly arcane.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1
Niles...Just Niles wrote:
Numair Nejem wrote:
Niles...Just Niles wrote:
Numair Nejem wrote:
1d100
Your healing powers work, and within a moment or so, Niles re-awakens, coughing. He is very weak Before Lavinia's Heal check., but nods at Numair and says weakly, "You came to bang the gnome too?"

Numair remains seated, his muscles cramped and stiff. "No, Niles, I came to speak with you. I know it might be difficult, but I want you to tell me everything you can remember after you came in this room. I'm not judging you, but there's been a murder, so its important that you be honest."

[Dice=diplomacy, neg lvl]1d20+18-1

Drinking down the milky like substance, Niles can feel his strength returning. He looks over at Lavinia and graciously thanks her for her generosity. He then turns his head back to you and says, "Well, sir, I was taking the advice of your other healer friend who told me that the gnome lady was really looking to put out. It seemed only right that I help put her mind out at ease."He pauses to lick his lips. "It was real good at first and it seemed like she was enjoying herself, I didn't need any rum or anything for that. But she started getting rough, trying to get me to go and do my thing quickly. To be honest, I was feeling a little tired, but I tried nonetheless. Then I suddenly felt something stuck me just below the ribs. I don't remember nothing after that. How long was I asleep? Did I miss my watch?"

Did you see anyone else enter the room?


Female Gnome
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

"By the time I was done, you would have been in no condition to assassinate anyone", the bull says brusquely.

"What about Niles? Why kill him?"

"Good grief, that idiot was taking too long. He had a hard time keeping his little pecker up to. Maybe if he didn't hit the rum so hard...Besides, I told you I had a job to do, and I was going to get paid, even if there were a lot more of you then we expected." Shamil glances over at Digory, who gives her a warning glare. "What, were you expecting to keep my mouth shut or something. It's not like we know a whole lot anyway." She turns back to you and says, "Look, ask the other gnome down the hall. We were paid to meet up with him before we met you people. Perhaps he knows more."


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Numair Nejem wrote:


Drinking down the milky like substance, Niles can feel his strength returning. He looks over at Lavinia and graciously thanks her for her generosity. He then turns his head back to you and says, "Well, sir, I was taking the advice of your other healer friend who told me that the gnome lady was really looking to put out. It seemed only right that I help put her mind out at ease."He pauses to lick his lips. "It was real good at first and it seemed like she was enjoying herself, I didn't need any rum or anything for that. But she started getting rough, trying to get me to go and do my thing quickly. To be honest, I was feeling a little tired, but I tried nonetheless. Then I suddenly felt something stuck me just below the ribs. I don't remember nothing after that. How long was I asleep? Did I miss my watch?"

Did you see anyone else enter the room?

"No, but I wouldn't have been surprised if there were a line standing outside waiting for her after I got done. A woman like her on a boat gets a lot more miles than the boat does, even if she sees a lot less."


Ruul nods at the amorous little gnome. He glowers at Digory.

"Your fate is in the captain's hands but I will pass word of your cooperation on."

"Lavinia, how goes Numair's efforts? Was he able to heal Nigel?" the minotaur bellows.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Lavinia will go to the room Ruul is in rather than holler back at him. Standing in the doorway, she'll answer. "Niles is alive and doing alright right now. How goes your own efforts in here dear?"

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Lord Manticore wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard will recite this openly to the party in front of Roondar, explaining it more like folklore than fact. Sort of a "One more uppity Daemon" attitude.

Does his 35 knowledge Religion tell him anything about its name, appearance, or nature, or anything about its temples or worshipers?

Nope, this 'thing' deals with strictly arcane.

OK. I was thinking that to know about his worshipers or any churches I would still need a knowledge religion.

After considering that he knows from knowledge Planes, the wizard thinks about this being from an arcane point of view. What else has he heard? What can he deduce.

Knowledge Arcana of this Evil Outisder: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 = 30


"The little one says they are just mercenaries working for Rondar. She claims to know very little about this Harbinger. I believe she speaks the truth", Ruul says finishing with a snort in Shamil's direction.

"The human has said little."

Without taking his eyes off the prisoners, Ruul wraps a massive furry arm around the priestess to pull her close.

"This is not the way I had planned to end the night."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"Well, it is certainly not how I planned for it to end either and am rather upset at these people for spoiling it. As for the human, if he doesn't want to answer any questions now, we can always question his spirit after he has been dispatched."

Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Fetchling Ninja

After Macavity completes his search of the cabins and the prisoners, he stands next to Azaraunt and addresses the male gnome, "Failure? Your efforts were amateur. Besides getting captured, did you actually have a mission or target for your boss? Or did your boss just sacrifice you to introduce himself to us?"


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally nods in agreement with Macavity. "Indeed, your actions make no sense at all unless it was an attempt by this Harbinger -- a daemon, you say, Azaraunt? How boring, daemons are the least imaginative and least interesting of fiends -- an attempt to capture our attention. I mean, goodness -- a pathetically ordinary murder, not even a ritual or sacrifice, of a harmless man, done in a setting where escape is impossible, and defeating us equally impossible? No, I dare say your Harbinger got exactly what it wanted, and our defeat was not it. Doesn't make you any better off, of course. I expect swift justice to be dealt to the other two, but you... hmm... you know, all you really did was play your violin, shout, and serve as a target for arrows. You didn't even attack us. I bet those other two are telling Ruul right now that they were hired by you, that you're the ringleader, but they would say that, wouldn't they, to save their skins? Perhaps it's a lie and you're under orders from Digory, he was the one who led the attack after all..."

Ally tries to play on Roondar's pride, hoping he'll let slip information while insisting that he is the leader of this team, or give Roondar a way of hoping that he might be able to survive with a lesser punishment than the other two, and escape to a far corner of Golarion.

Diplomacy to play the good cop: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23
Aid Another from Elen: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 Well, glaring at him didn't seem to help much.
Edit: included +2 from Macavity's successful Aid Another.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Alliriyallin wrote:
Macavity could be aiding as well possibly?

FWIW Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Elen glares at Roondar, imagining his silver tongue tying in knots as he tries to lie, his fingers fumbling on the strings of his violin, his voice stammering when he tries to sweet-talk anyone else. Her glare causes doubt in his own abilities to begin to faintly creep into his mind.

Evil Eye hex - DC 19 Will Save, failed save means -2 to skill checks for 9 rounds, successful save means -2 to skill checks for 1 round.

Elen laughs as Ally mentions the possibility that Roondar is the ringleader. She gives her voice an added, eldritch note of madness as she cackles loudly, unusual for the shy elf. "This fool, the ringleader?" she stage-whispers to Ally, loud enough for the others present to hear clearly. She laughs again, the power of her laughter furthering the doubt in Roondar's mind.

Move action to Cackle in same round, extending the Evil Eye to 10 rounds or 2 rounds depending on whether the save was made.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard will recite this openly to the party in front of Roondar, explaining it more like folklore than fact. Sort of a "One more uppity Daemon" attitude.

Does his 35 knowledge Religion tell him anything about its name, appearance, or nature, or anything about its temples or worshipers?

Nope, this 'thing' deals with strictly arcane.

OK. I was thinking that to know about his worshipers or any churches I would still need a knowledge religion.

After considering that he knows from knowledge Planes, the wizard thinks about this being from an arcane point of view. What else has he heard? What can he deduce.

[dice=Knowledge Arcana of this Evil Outisder]1d20+17+2

Good point, but he is not so much a religion as an organization of scholars and followers (a la Leadership).


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Lord Manticore wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:
Lord Manticore wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:

The wizard will recite this openly to the party in front of Roondar, explaining it more like folklore than fact. Sort of a "One more uppity Daemon" attitude.

Does his 35 knowledge Religion tell him anything about its name, appearance, or nature, or anything about its temples or worshipers?

Nope, this 'thing' deals with strictly arcane.

OK. I was thinking that to know about his worshipers or any churches I would still need a knowledge religion.

After considering that he knows from knowledge Planes, the wizard thinks about this being from an arcane point of view. What else has he heard? What can he deduce.

[dice=Knowledge Arcana of this Evil Outisder]1d20+17+2

Good point, but he is not so much a religion as an organization of scholars and followers (a la Leadership).

Knowledge:
There's not much more available, beyond the legends that have already been mentioned. You'll need to find a library or some books that deal with the Harbinger itself before you'll get much more at this point.

Fighter 3/Rogue 5//AC: 19/14/19 Fort:6/Ref: 9(evasion, 10 traps)/Will: 1(2 traps)//HP 47
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

"Well, it is certainly not how I planned for it to end either and am rather upset at these people for spoiling it. As for the human, if he doesn't want to answer any questions now, we can always question his spirit after he has been dispatched."

Intimidate 1d20+6

Intimidation succeeded, sort of.

"Look people, we don't know who hired us, we don't know why they want you dead, and that other gnome hasn't said two words to us other than to make sure all of you were dead. What more do you want?"


Male Gnome
Alliriyallin wrote:

Ally nods in agreement with Macavity. "Indeed, your actions make no sense at all unless it was an attempt by this Harbinger -- a daemon, you say, Azaraunt? How boring, daemons are the least imaginative and least interesting of fiends -- an attempt to capture our attention. I mean, goodness -- a pathetically ordinary murder, not even a ritual or sacrifice, of a harmless man, done in a setting where escape is impossible, and defeating us equally impossible? No, I dare say your Harbinger got exactly what it wanted, and our defeat was not it. Doesn't make you any better off, of course. I expect swift justice to be dealt to the other two, but you... hmm... you know, all you really did was play your violin, shout, and serve as a target for arrows. You didn't even attack us. I bet those other two are telling Ruul right now that they were hired by you, that you're the ringleader, but they would say that, wouldn't they, to save their skins? Perhaps it's a lie and you're under orders from Digory, he was the one who led the attack after all..."

Ally tries to play on Roondar's pride, hoping he'll let slip information while insisting that he is the leader of this team, or give Roondar a way of hoping that he might be able to survive with a lesser punishment than the other two, and escape to a far corner of Golarion.

[dice=Diplomacy to play the good cop]1d20+11+2
[dice=Aid Another from Elen]1d20+0 Well, glaring at him didn't seem to help much.
Edit: included +2 from Macavity's successful Aid Another.

He addresses both you and Macavity on this one.

"It's obvious that you have no idea what the Harbinger is," Roondar continues in that same calm tone. "It is more than a daemon, more than any creature ever found throughout the megaverse, for it has been all of them. As to why it chose you, it's like asking why the sky decided to rain. I do not know, all I do know is that the Harbinger wants you dead. As to the others over there," nodding his head towards the other end of the hall, "they can say whatever they want. They were pawns, likely paid for by another who serves it. My job was to simply sit and watch, nothing more. It was clear when they saw the creature that they would fail and in my instinct, I started to play. I know that sometimes my music can inspire others to fight better."

"As to the swift justice, if you don't kill me now, I assure you that I'll be dead long before we land in Gundrun, and it will not be by my hand, nor likely yours, should you choose to spare me." Roondar continues to stare at you, the moment feeling increasingly creepy, as that beatific smiles has not gone away, even while he spoke.


Male Gnome
Elen Emerwen wrote:

Elen glares at Roondar, imagining his silver tongue tying in knots as he tries to lie, his fingers fumbling on the strings of his violin, his voice stammering when he tries to sweet-talk anyone else. Her glare causes doubt in his own abilities to begin to faintly creep into his mind.

Evil Eye hex - DC 19 Will Save, failed save means -2 to skill checks for 9 rounds, successful save means -2 to skill checks for 1 round.

Elen laughs as Ally mentions the possibility that Roondar is the ringleader. She gives her voice an added, eldritch note of madness as she cackles loudly, unusual for the shy elf. "This fool, the ringleader?" she stage-whispers to Ally, loud enough for the others present to hear clearly. She laughs again, the power of her laughter furthering the doubt in Roondar's mind.

Move action to Cackle in same round, extending the Evil Eye to 10 rounds or 2 rounds depending on whether the save was made.

Will vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Oh yes, the infamous witch your eldritch companion mentioned. I can feel you entering into my mind, but it won't work, or at least, you might want to wish that it doesn't work. You might not like what's inside here."


Ruul looks at Lavinia in surprised admiration after her fierce display.

She has more fire in her than I knew.

The minotaur lets the priestess slip out of his grasp and stands Diggory up. He slings the bound Shamil over his broad shoulder.

"I believe that's all we are going to get from them for now. Let's get these two above deck and watch them there until the captain can decide what to do with them."


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Elen continues to glare at Roondar, now working to force his mental defenses down. Ok so the first Evil eye gave 1 round duration, and the cackle gave 2, so he is debuffed for now. Elen does another Evil Eye, this time to reduce his saves by -2, same durations as before, DC 19 Will.

Elen laughs again, addressing the gnome directly now, her anger overcoming her shyness. "I've seen evil you would fall before quivering in terror, little bard," she says dismissively. Cackle again. Extends both Evil Eyes. (Cackle is awesome, it can keep debuffs going indefinitely)

As Ally continues talking, Elen continues to break down Roondar's defenses, giving him a bad luck jinx and laughing again to extend its influence. Next round: Misfortune Hex, DC 21, forces Roondar to roll twice for everything, taking the less beneficial result, and cackle again to extend the two Evil Eye effects and the Misfortune to another round.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally smiles at Roondar, saying "So if you are to die before we reach our destination, as you say, what matters it if you tell us everything? We can make your final moments comfortable at least, if indeed the reach of the Harbinger is so great, then having more information certainly couldn't help us at all in opposing it."

Bluff or Diplomacy, whichever you think would help more: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Ally's obviously having an off night.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Lavinia moves to open the door for Ruul and the captives. "Yes, I suppose he should have the final word on their fate since this is his ship and they did kill, albeit temporarily, a valued member of his crew."


Male Gnome
Elen Emerwen wrote:

Elen continues to glare at Roondar, now working to force his mental defenses down. Ok so the first Evil eye gave 1 round duration, and the cackle gave 2, so he is debuffed for now. Elen does another Evil Eye, this time to reduce his saves by -2, same durations as before, DC 19 Will.

Elen laughs again, addressing the gnome directly now, her anger overcoming her shyness. "I've seen evil you would fall before quivering in terror, little bard," she says dismissively. Cackle again. Extends both Evil Eyes. (Cackle is awesome, it can keep debuffs going indefinitely)

As Ally continues talking, Elen continues to break down Roondar's defenses, giving him a bad luck jinx and laughing again to extend its influence. Next round: Misfortune Hex, DC 21, forces Roondar to roll twice for everything, taking the less beneficial result, and cackle again to extend the two Evil Eye effects and the Misfortune to another round.

save vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

save vs Misfortune: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9

random roll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

random roll 2: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Roondar begins to pale, not only from the wounds, but also from the psychic assault. "If you think that...you can intimidate me into talking about things I don't...know, you are obviously buff..." The gnome suddenly spasms in pain, his chest pushed out at a distinct angle. Then, you see blood splatter against the wall behind him. Finally, he slumps down, obviously dead. When you turn him over, there is a clean cut into his back, the exit wound is big enough to show that there a vital organ mostly missing, his heart.

Make a Perception check.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Elen grows pale, murmuring "That wasn't me, it really wasn't. "

perception for Elen: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
perception for Ally: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

I think Lavinia will be preparing Speak with Dead in the morning....

1,001 to 1,050 of 4,025 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.