Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


801 to 850 of 4,025 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Unfortunately there is a reason the noisy gnome has stopped her mewling.

Just when it seems the party might get some sleep after the recent excitement, everyone in the party, with the exception of Ally, receives a sudden and somewhat frantic telepathic contact from Imbukar. Everyone stand ready! Someone has just died below deck in the female Gnome's cabin. It was sudden, from full health to dead in a moment. I am not sure if it was the gnome, or someone visiting her. Repeat. One of the crew or passengers on this boat has just died!

Imbukar will enter the Rope Trick to awaken Azaraunt, telling him the same thing after alerting the rest of the party, and them fly to the window of the cabin of interest and try to see in, noting life energies from Deathwatch spell as he moves. Note that he is currently invisible and in Raven form.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

random roll:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

For Elen Only:
Your dream wakes you at this point. Ignore any sleep-based Perception checks that I ask for during the rest of this encounter. However, roll a Perception check (sound-based).


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

random noise...:
knock...knock


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Those of you currently below deck, please make a Perception check, -10 (for those sleeping), -6 for those awake (range, walls, 'distraction'; (I'm looking at you, Ruul and Lavinia :) )


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Perception for Elen: 1d20 + 10 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 6 = 16 including the penalty mentioned above.

Elen sits bolt upright in bed, her heart pounding. Three nights in a row, the same dream! Holy Desna, help me understand! She begins to whisper a prayer, then cocks her head curiously to one side. What was that? she thinks, her sensitive, long ears having heard a faint sound.


Female Elf Kensai 1 | HP 9/9 {effects: none} | AC 15 (T15 FF10) | F+3 R+4 W+1 | Init +4 | low-light vision, perception +1

Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 10 = 16


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Would Imbrukar's contact come before or after Elen wakes and potentially hears something?


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally notices the sudden reaction of Macavity as their conversation (the one from a couple pages ago in Tien) is interrupted. Though she doesn't 'hear' the telepathy, of course, she sees the distracted look on his face and knows something is amiss. "What happened, Macavity? Did someone send you a message?"


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

more random noise:
click...click...click

random roll L:
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

random roll R:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

random roll Y:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

random roll G1:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

random roll G2:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

random roll G3:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Would Imbrukar's contact come before or after Elen wakes and potentially hears something?

Just before, it might have been what triggered you waking up.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

perception 1d20 + 13 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 6 = 19


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Kallistiel Illuiadlara wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d20+12-10

You wake up to the sound of a knock. In your sleep haze, you first wonder why someone is knocking on your door at this ungodly hour. Then you realize that the knock is coming from down the hall. You then hear a click, likely a door closing. Then a couple more clicks after that.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Alliriyallin wrote:
Ally notices the sudden reaction of Macavity as their conversation (the one from a couple pages ago in Tien) is interrupted. Though she doesn't 'hear' the telepathy, of course, she sees the distracted look on his face and knows something is amiss. "What happened, Macavity? Did someone send you a message?"

Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again?

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Imbukar will continue to broadcast his warning asking for each party member to respond/check in before he drops them from the message.

Any view from outside the cabin window?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Imbukar wrote:

Imbukar will continue to broadcast his warning asking for each party member to respond/check in before he drops them from the message.

Any view from outside the cabin window?

Make a Perception check at -2 (poor quality glass)


Map is coming along but I have a meeting shortly.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Macavity the black wrote:
Alliriyallin wrote:
Ally notices the sudden reaction of Macavity as their conversation (the one from a couple pages ago in Tien) is interrupted. Though she doesn't 'hear' the telepathy, of course, she sees the distracted look on his face and knows something is amiss. "What happened, Macavity? Did someone send you a message?"

Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again? At this point it's just you and Ally. The 'random sailor' won't move from his position unless the Captain tells him to, and Imbukar has flown to the side of the boat.

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily. [ooc]Consider it drawn.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
Map is coming along but I have a meeting shortly.

Much appreciated sir. I'm leaving my office here in a sec so we'll pick this up tonight.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Between the yells and the telepathic message, Lavinia wakes up and grabs just her white shift to throw on. No time to mess about with my armor if there really is someone going about killing people.

She will allow Ruul to lead the way out of their cabin and then follow him.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Perception: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17 Darkvision, Detect Magic, Detect Good, and Deathwatch.

Your call on how Deathwatch works as far as knowing where people are. It seems like it should give a general indication of all "creatures" in the area, be they living, dead, undead, or constructs. Not exactly clear myself.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Macavity the black wrote:
Alliriyallin wrote:
Ally notices the sudden reaction of Macavity as their conversation (the one from a couple pages ago in Tien) is interrupted. Though she doesn't 'hear' the telepathy, of course, she sees the distracted look on his face and knows something is amiss. "What happened, Macavity? Did someone send you a message?"

Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again?

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily.

I know we are not in rounds exactly but somehow think you must be trying to track what people are doing on a time scale. Round 1 after the death Imbukar gives his warning, waking Azaraunt, and hopefully the rest of the party if they were sleeping. Round 2 the wizard casts Fly and exits the Rope Trick, moving to where he knows Macavity should be. Meanwhile Imbukar, still sending his message to the party flies to the cabin window and tries to see in. He will report what he sees, if anything.

I am hear. The wizard suddenly appears flying through the air towards Macavity, long sword in hand. We should try to group up with the rest of the party. As he lands beside Macavity he communicates telepathically to Imbukar. Alert the captain He needs to know what has happened on his ship.

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

Obliviousness: 1d20 - 1 - 10 ⇒ (6) - 1 - 10 = -5

Numair sleeps deeply in the berth in his room, his custom armor as comfortable as his mother's embrace; sandstorm rests against the wall within easy grabbing range. Though his body is there, his spirit is elsewhere ...

... Numair strides forward into the tall grass of the oasis. Though he cannot see the wounded bandit, he knows he is close. Blotches of fresh blood stain the fertile carpet, looking inky black in the dim moonlight. Beside him, Sharav stretches his back and listens through the faint wind. Numair hears the rustling of his flag as it waves in the breeze, but nothing else. Suddenly, Sharav growls, "there!" and bolts towards a dark opening in the hill above the spring. Numair sprints afterward, drawing Sandstorm and falling into the Dance even as he runs. Sharav reaches the cave first and jumps forward into the blackness. Only steps behind, Numair is almost at the entrance when something small and black crashes into his chest and flings him onto his back. Pinned in place by a massive weight on his chest, he can only crane his neck forward and stare into the beady black eyes of the beaked monstrosity that perches there. Opening its maw to peck his eyes out, he flinches, but cannot look away. Then, it speaks: "Everyone stand ready! Someone has just died below deck in the female Gnome's cabin. It was sudden, from full health to dead in a moment. I am not sure if it was the gnome, or someone visiting her. Repeat. One of the crew or passengers on this boat has just died!" Its message delivered, the raven flies away and disappears back into the night. Numair pushes himself upright as Sharav emerges from the cave, dropping the bloody body of the thief at his feet. "What was all that about?" Numair sheathes Sandstorm and looks up at the moon. "I'd better go find out."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Immediately after Imbukar's warning, Calendir springs up shaking the sleep from his head - Something is afoot Lagash, let's GO!

Seeing Azaraunt and Macavity on deck he walks up to them, bow at the ready: Who has died? Do we know? Where are the others?


Map!

Some Notes:
There's some artistic license here.

It's a bit longer than LM described.

The big grill in the middle is the area with hatch/pulley system for raising/lowering cargo/mounts.

I assumed Niles was in the crew quarters.

I assumed Teach was in the captain's quarters.

The section that Macavity is in is the pilot house. I believe he's on top of it.

I don't know how many generic crew there are or where they are.

***

Ruul's attention ensured Lavinia was quite loud and he himself ended with a thunderous roar. Their room became quiet and still only a few minutes before the mysterious death.

More concerned with the danger of a possible murderer on board the ship than any sense of modesty, Ruul grabs his quarterstaff and slams the door open. His fur matted with sweat and his big manhood swinging in the cool open air, the minotaur exits into the hall with Lavinia in tow.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

The Imps voice echoes in her mind just as she makes the decision to get up to find out what the knocking and clicking are. Elen rises and swiftly throws on a light kimono she laid out the night before, shivering from the cold already. Cautiously, she casts Mage Armor, and then heads out into the hallway while still tying the sash on her kimono. Time elapsed: About 3 rounds.

For The sake of narrative let us assume That Numair's cabin is next to Elen's. Edit: Nevermind, just saw the map. It is, in fact.

Elen knocks firmly on Numair's door and yells, "Numair! Wake up! Someone's dead! You're needed!"

I hope you don't mind me slightly changing the sequence of events here, LM, I just felt it made more sense as a narrative.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

As soon as Calendir makes sure that all the ones in the top deck are safe, he will head down immediately to check on the companions in their respective quarters, bow leading the way, and Lagash following quietly on his toes.

Ruul, for something "thrown together" the map looks great.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11
Macavity the black wrote:


Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again?

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily.

Fair enough, let's assume you cut off halfway through a sentence or were about to reply but stopped due to the telepathic warning. Not trying to imply you telegraph your state of mind or anything! Also, Wakazashi.

Ally blinks as she takes in what her comrade just said, then springs into action, using a wand to cast shield on herself (UMD roll on previous page, LM) then flying at full speed down into the hallway below the deck. Assuming she is able to get to Elen without running into anything nasty, she flies to her and lands on her shoulder, and taps her with the same wand, shielding Elen as well. Use Magic Device to use wand: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Both shields have a duration of 1 minute. Ally's has 9 rounds left, Elen's 10.

Unless LM tells me something blocks Ally as she comes down the stairs, she and Elen are both at S7, sharing the same square.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Map!

** spoiler omitted **

***

Ruul's attention ensured Lavinia was quite loud and he himself ended with a thunderous roar. Their room became quiet and still only a few minutes before the mysterious death.

More concerned with the danger of a possible murderer on board the ship than any sense of modesty, Ruul grabs his quarterstaff and slams the door open. His fur matted with sweat and his manhood swinging in the open air, the minotaur exits into the hall with Lavinia in tow.

Nice map! However, I'm going to have to ignore the 'roaring minotaur sex' note because it would have woken everyone else up, and either Elen and Kallistiel would have already been awake, or would have had earplugs in. Besides, I really don't think of Ruul and Lavinia as being that inconsiderate. The swinging dingus though -- LOL! That deserves a free intimidate check every round as a free action.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Map!

** spoiler omitted **

***

Ruul's attention ensured Lavinia was quite loud and he himself ended with a thunderous roar. Their room became quiet and still only a few minutes before the mysterious death.

More concerned with the danger of a possible murderer on board the ship than any sense of modesty, Ruul grabs his quarterstaff and slams the door open. His fur matted with sweat and his big manhood swinging in the cool open air, the minotaur exits into the hall with Lavinia in tow.

That map is fantastic! I am in awe!


Lavinia was worried about being considerate, Ruul less so and Ruul wasn't really loud until the very end. Maybe that's part of what woke the people on the lower decks up. =P

If I'm going to be doing the map I have one request. If you're moving your character, put your move in a spoiler block so I can find it easily when I sit down to do map updates.

Something like this.

Map:
Move to XY.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Imbukar contacts the captain.

Telepathy to the Captain:

Captain. This is the raven companion of your wizard passenger. Your attention is needed on the passenger deck. There has been an incident. I fear someone is dead. Please acknowledge this message. [/ooc]

Qadira

Human Bard 1/Paladin 4;
Status:
HP 62/62; AC 17/13/14; CMD 22; Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +10; Init +3; Perc -1

I think it might be Niles in with the gnome, thanks to our resident matchmaker Elen.

Numair rolls out of bed with Sandstorm in hand, not quite yet awake as Elen pounds on his door. He blinks away the dream desert and opens the door.

"Who's dead?" he asks, his usually carefree demeanor dispelled by the serious circumstances.

Map:
Move to R7


Male Fetchling Ninja
Azaraunt wrote:
I am hear. The wizard suddenly appears flying through the air towards Macavity, long sword in hand. We should try to group up with the rest of the party. As he lands beside Macavity he communicates telepathically to Imbukar. Alert the captain He needs to know what has happened on his ship.

"Someone needs to stay watching topside while everyone encircles the victim's cabin, in case the killer goes out a porthole or escapes by magical methods. At least that's what I would do..." His last sentence is says quieter almost to himself.

To Azeraunt, "Let's just stay put for a few more seconds while the others investigate. The close quarters in the passenger deck favor smaller numbers. Besides Ally went there to the rescue..." He utters his last sentence with full snarkiness, a little peeved that it would take her two hours to reply in Tien to him from 1st watch.


LM, are we clear to keep acting or should we be waiting for you to post?

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Map:
Just keep Lavinia right behind wherever Ruul moves to for now.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Imbukar wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+10-2 Darkvision, Detect Magic, Detect Good, and Deathwatch.

Your call on how Deathwatch works as far as knowing where people are. It seems like it should give a general indication of all "creatures" in the area, be they living, dead, undead, or constructs. Not exactly clear myself.

Through the poorly made glass, you can make out the eyepatch over the left eye, now almost obscured by the encircling pool of blood underneath. It would appear that Niles took the gnome up on her offer...to his detriment.

For the purposes of Deathwatch, we can say that everyone you detect within your radius shows a red 'blob' (full health) and that blob goes from red to blue as they lose health. Undead will always be blue, regardless of hit points.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

It's not a gnome. It's a preying mantis in disguise. Good thing Ruul didn't let her climb his pole.

"Ruul, we should make sure Elen is ok. She probably doesn't have Ally with her since she was going to take another watch."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir moves below deck, bow leading the way, and Lagash close on his heels.

Map:
Moving to N7


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:
Macavity the black wrote:
Alliriyallin wrote:
Ally notices the sudden reaction of Macavity as their conversation (the one from a couple pages ago in Tien) is interrupted. Though she doesn't 'hear' the telepathy, of course, she sees the distracted look on his face and knows something is amiss. "What happened, Macavity? Did someone send you a message?"

Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again?

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily.

I know we are not in rounds exactly but somehow think you must be trying to track what people are doing on a time scale. Round 1 after the death Imbukar gives his warning, waking Azaraunt, and hopefully the rest of the party if they were sleeping. Round 2 the wizard casts Fly and exits the Rope Trick, moving to where he knows Macavity should be. Meanwhile Imbukar, still sending his message to the party flies to the cabin window and tries to see in. He will report what he sees, if anything.

I am hear. The wizard suddenly appears flying through the air towards Macavity, long sword in hand. We should try to group up with the rest of the party. As he lands beside Macavity he communicates telepathically to Imbukar. Alert the captain He needs to know what has happened on his ship.

Duly noted. Responses will be below.


Ruul nods and moves to knock on Elen's door only for the elf to step out tying her kimono.

It looks like Elen exited pretty quickly too. She wasn't more than a couple rounds behind us.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Map!

** spoiler omitted **

***

Ruul's attention ensured Lavinia was quite loud and he himself ended with a thunderous roar. Their room became quiet and still only a few minutes before the mysterious death.

More concerned with the danger of a possible murderer on board the ship than any sense of modesty, Ruul grabs his quarterstaff and slams the door open. His fur matted with sweat and his big manhood swinging in the cool open air, the minotaur exits into the hall with Lavinia in tow.

You slam open the door to see the man who talked to Kallistiel earlier closing his door. He is wearing leather armor and holding a dagger in one hand, with another sheathed on his belt. He turns around and looks at you, murder in his eyes. Then he looks down at you...Make an Intimidation check; this will affect both Digory (DC 17)and Shamil (DC 16). Yes, I am going with Elen's suggestion, it's just too good to resist.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Was thinking black widow myself. Maybe an assassin? Didn't Elen/Ally know the gnome was evil? I don't think she has told anyone yet, has she?

Imbukar reporting in. I am outside the cabin looking in the window. Niles is here. He looks dead. Lots of blood. No sign of the gnome.

Did the captain report in?


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 15/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Numair Nejem wrote:

I think it might be Niles in with the gnome, thanks to our resident matchmaker Elen.

Numair rolls out of bed with Sandstorm in hand, not quite yet awake as Elen pounds on his door. He blinks away the dream desert and opens the door.

"Who's dead?" he asks, his usually carefree demeanor dispelled by the serious circumstances.

** spoiler omitted **

That was Ally! Ok so it was me, the player, either way -- but Elen is innocent!

"I don't know, my friend, just that the imp was able to detect a death within Shamil's cabin, you know, that gnome who was hitting on everything in pants. It was, apparently, very sudden. Did you hear its voice as you were sleeping? We need to check out her cabin. I see you're armored, why don't you and Ruul go first?"Talking as free action

Elen contorts her wrist oddly and suddenly a wand springs out into her hand.Swift action. She taps Ruul on the chest saying, "Impervius!" Standard action, Mage Armor 1hr duration. She waits for the others to move forward ahead of her. Stowing wand in the sash of her robe. She also has her component pouch, it was sitting on her robe, ready for her to grab.


Ruul spots Digory with the dagger in hand and murder in his eyes. A deep growl rises from his chest. He shifts his hulking form to cover Lavinia.

"Put it down."

Intimidate vs Digory: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Intimidate vs Shamil: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

The Imps voice echoes in her mind just as she makes the decision to get up to find out what the knocking and clicking are. Elen rises and swiftly throws on a light kimono she laid out the night before, shivering from the cold already. Cautiously, she casts Mage Armor, and then heads out into the hallway while still tying the sash on her kimono. Time elapsed: About 3 rounds.

For The sake of narrative let us assume That Numair's cabin is next to Elen's. Edit: Nevermind, just saw the map. It is, in fact.

Elen knocks firmly on Numair's door and yells, "Numair! Wake up! Someone's dead! You're needed!"

I hope you don't mind me slightly changing the sequence of events here, LM, I just felt it made more sense as a narrative.

You go to knock on Numair's door when you realize that you are not alone. Ten feet in front you stands the gnome stepping back to allow another man to enter the hall. She is currently standing in square Q7 as the rest of this plays out. You recognize the man as the one who talked to Kallistiel earlier in the day. Both radiate evil, and you can see murder in the eyes of the man. Then, with a loud slam, Ruul steps into the hall. Both people stop in their tracks, the man's eyes starting (looking up) at Ruul's and then travelling down. You realize at that point that Ruul is wearing nothing and that Lavinia is standing behind him in the doorway, herself only wearing a white slip.

That's when you hear the gnome muttering to herself, almost excitedly. Something about a harbinger, but you can't make out most of the words.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
LM, are we clear to keep acting or should we be waiting for you to post?

Keep acting, I am catching up and will be on here until around 11 local time.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Alliriyallin wrote:
Macavity the black wrote:


Hmm. I don't think that you would be able to determine if anything 'distracted' him or at least I wouldn't like you to presume.

"Somebody just died in that female gnome's cabin." Macavity repeats out loud as he surveys who he can see topside.
Who is where topside again?

Loudly, Macavity calls out, "Who is awake below? We have a killer aboard!" He puts away his bow and draws his magic wakisachi. if I could spell it readily.

Fair enough, let's assume you cut off halfway through a sentence or were about to reply but stopped due to the telepathic warning. Not trying to imply you telegraph your state of mind or anything! Also, Wakazashi.

Ally blinks as she takes in what her comrade just said, then springs into action, using a wand to cast shield on herself (UMD roll on previous page, LM) then flying at full speed down into the hallway below the deck. Assuming she is able to get to Elen without running into anything nasty, she flies to her and lands on her shoulder, and taps her with the same wand, shielding Elen as well. [dice=Use Magic Device to use wand]1d20+13

Both shields have a duration of 1 minute. Ally's has 9 rounds left, Elen's 10.

Unless LM tells me something blocks Ally as she comes down the stairs, she and Elen are both at S7, sharing the same square.

You will end up blocked; Ruul and Digory effectively block at O7. This post assumes that you stopped there.

You fly down the cargo well, hoping to help your companion before something bad happens. As you go into the lower hall, the sight before you stops you in your flight. Ruul is looking down at the man who was speaking pretty talk to Kallistiel earlier in the day. You see the man look down at Ruul's...flagstaff and see him begin to wilt. He drops the knife that was in his hand. Behind him, you hear the little horny gnome cry out, "Screw the Harbinger, I want him!" and point to Ruul. You look around and see that two more people have left their rooms, you recognize Roondar, violin and bow in his hands. As the female gnome cries out, you see that Roondar's eye furrow in anger. You also notice that two men flank the door to the captain's quarters.


Updated Map

I only did partial moves for people that had particularly long sets of actions due to the fact that it looks like things are interrupting us. Let me know if where I put you is more or less partial than you would have preferred.

It looks like some of us didn't even make it out of our rooms.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Numair Nejem wrote:

I think it might be Niles in with the gnome, thanks to our resident matchmaker Elen.

Numair rolls out of bed with Sandstorm in hand, not quite yet awake as Elen pounds on his door. He blinks away the dream desert and opens the door.

"Who's dead?" he asks, his usually carefree demeanor dispelled by the serious circumstances.

** spoiler omitted **

You look out into the hall, seeing Elen stand before you, her face slack at the sight. Ruul is standing across from another man, buck nekkid. The other man has dropped a dagger that he was holding and seems fixated on the size of Ruul's wang. The little horny gnome is only ten feet away from you and you hear her yell "Screw the Harbinger, I want him!" and point to Ruul. Behind Ruul, you can see Lavinia standing behind the minotaur, herself wearing a white slip. From down the hall, you can hear someone scream "All of you, the Harbinger wills it!". You then hear a violin start to play.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

It's not a gnome. It's a preying mantis in disguise. Good thing Ruul didn't let her climb his pole.

"Ruul, we should make sure Elen is ok. She probably doesn't have Ally with her since she was going to take another watch."

As you say this, you see out of the corner of your eye the witch's companion fly down from the cargo well. You hear something drop and notice that the other man has dropped his dagger. Then the horny gnome cries out loud "Screw the Harbinger, I want him! and points towards your paramour. Before the man can say anything in response, you hear someone from down the hall scream out "All of you, the Harbinger wills it!" You then hear a violin play and hear something else down the hall.

801 to 850 of 4,025 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.