Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


451 to 500 of 4,025 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Elen Emerwen wrote:
Azaraunt wrote:

Nodding in understanding the wizard responds to Elen.

** spoiler omitted **

Breaking into common, with a look of at least slight discomfort he proposes. Elen, we should be friends. We are this groups arcane resource and we will be more effective if we know and trust each other. We should not go forward as competitors. It accomplishes nothing and might cost even lives. I propose we prepare spells together in the morning each day and consult with each other on all matters arcane, for the benefit of the group. He adds this last part awkwardly.

"Friends... I cannot promise friendship. I will promise to be your colleague and work with you, as you say, for the good of the group. I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Trust, understanding and friendship will come in time, perhaps. I don't mean to rebuff you, but when I hear the phrases "Thrice-damned Court", "Hellknight" and "House of Thrune", I remember the whip scars and open sores that I healed on the backs of slaves I helped to freedom... I remember the attacks of a legion of Hellknights on the halfling village in Andoran I lived in... I remember the misery I saw on the faces of those who had lived under the law and order you revere.

"Now -- I know, I KNOW you are not responsible for those things. I keep that clearly in my mind, so that I am not overwhelmed by the memories of the past. I sense in you a kindred intellect, a yearning for knowledge and the power over the world around you. But I also see that you have, without intending to, benefited from the labors of those who would be free. It is not something I can put aside easily.

"But it would be churlish, unfair, and unbecoming of my age to blame you for something that others have done, while you forgive me for a direct slight. So I accept and welcome you as a fellow pathfinder and member of this expedition. And I thank you for the scroll. This spell is always useful to have at hand.

Colleagues then. the wizard responds with a smile, unwilling to argue histories, or the pros and cons of slavery. You might get the feeling that to him the two terms are equivalent. I am sure that I have other spells at my disposal that you can use. As resources become available I will try to scribe them for you. I felt a sense of urgency about this particular spell. It is simply too useful to be without.

Later he will politely observe Elen's ceremony to commit the spell to her familiar, having heard of, but never witnesses this process.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"I do not sleep much, so I will join you for a bit in the early part of the night."

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Numair Nejem wrote:

Do not think badly of yourself, Ruul. It was the same with me. Most men are used to stomping instead of stepping. It takes time to get used to just touching the ground gently, instead of planting your foot like you're about to wrestle a tiger, grinding your heels in. Or hooves, in your case. The footwork is crucial - it is the floating foundation that the movements are built upon. Once you know them, you will see how and when I will attack. In reading my movements, you will be able to strike simultaneously at our enemy, who will not be able to fight both of us off at once. That is the beauty of the Dance. It can be used alone, but it is much more beautiful, and much more deadly, when done with partners.

----------------

Conversing over supper, he asks the others if they've learned anything useful about their layover. He is eager to hear about how everyone is doing, now that we're on our way for real.

Azaranut ponders what he knows about Castle Urion.

knowledge History: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

knowledge Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul glances at the ring and nods. He'd seen that particular trinket on a few hands around the party. The minotaur never understood why Pathfinders favored them - food has always been one of his simplest joys.

He shrugged. More for me.

"Well you're welcomed to join us for our meal", he offers.

***

Ruul nods at Lavinia's affirmation.

"I agree, none should enter the castle. We don't know enough about the occupants and we are not going to be there long enough to justify questioning the crew for more information. I need to exit the barge for some time but I won't be far", the minotaur says.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Ruul glances at Lavinia's hand and lets out a soft rumble of pleasure.

"Watches at night would be wise. The crew seems trustworthy but it would be good practice for when we reach the more hostile area around Tsar. I pray to Nethys for guidance in the early morning so I will need that time free."

The bull glances at Macavity and then Lavinia, "I trust you will not mind the company."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"Of course not, the more eyes the better."

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14
Lavinia Batharoy wrote:

Lavinia had spent a good part of the day in her cabin, resting and trying to get used to the motion of the barge. There were no large bodies of water near her family's home and she was quite unused to and uneasy about this mode of travel.

While resting, a number of questions popped into her head and she eventually decided she may as well start asking some while nothing else was going on during the river trip. Looking about the boat for Azaraunt, knocking on his cabin door if need be. "Excuse me Azaraunt, if you have a few moments there was a question I would like to ask?"

If he has time for questions, Lavinia will switch to Infernal to quietly ask them, keeping her voice just above a whisper.
** spoiler omitted **

store now, more posts later.

Asaranunt is found within his cabin scribing yet another scroll. He responds.

Infernal:
Yes, Infernal is often spoken at court. When the Queen keeps a Pit Fiend as her primary advisor it is wise to learn the language of their discourses. Thank you for your concern. Imbukar, would you care to respond to the lady? The raven flaps down from a perch in the rafters and lands on the table. Since I am not "summoned" the spells you are concerned with will have little effect on me, unless I decide to attack my master hear. There is an uncomfortable pause in the conversation and a strange gleam in the bird's eye before it resumes its speech. Now I would ask you to refrain from such spells a Holy Word in my presence. I find those, well, uncomfortable.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd
Macavity the black wrote:
"Since I took my nap this afternoon, I plan to keep watch from the top of the pilothouse throughout the night. Anyone is welcome to join me or not." Macavity casually replies to Lavinia.

Telepathy with Macavity:

I shall watch with you if you will have me.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

During the first day Azaraunt quietly speaks with each party member privately with a proposition.

I have ability to cast the spell Scry. I suspect that Lavinia might also be able to this. It has occurred to me that should one of our number go missing we would be able to scry on them to try to find them. And we would be better able to do so if we were to have some personal effect from you. A lock of hair would work best. I propose to collect two locks of hair from all of us, giving one set to Lavinia and keeping one myself, just in case we need to find a missing friend. What do you think?

While talking he mentions that it appears no one has seen the captain yet. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed like he was never available when we asked about him. Perhaps we should invite him to dine with us this first night.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

After the ritual, Elen stands stiffly, groaning as muscles that have been still for too long protest their use. To Azaraunt, she smiles softly and says, "Success. I thank you again. Please, let me reimburse you for any costs you incur for the materials needed to scribe any scrolls you give me in the future."


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]

"Seeing as how there will be a good number of folks 'on watch' tonight, I'll remain below. Try to keep the merry-making to a minimum. I do like my beauty sleep."

When Azaraunt mentions his proposal to collect locks of hair, Kallistiel shakes her head. "I happen to like the state of my hair as it is now, and would rather not have to adjust my style to deal with patches from the loss of some locks. I'll do my best try not to go it alone too often, so you won't need to go searching for me, and if we are forceably separated... well, we'll figure something out."

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"You may have a lock of my hair for such purposes. Only one lock will be needed from all though since such spell is currently above my clerical ability." 5th lvl cleric spell.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Azaraunt wrote:
Numair Nejem wrote:

Do not think badly of yourself, Ruul. It was the same with me. Most men are used to stomping instead of stepping. It takes time to get used to just touching the ground gently, instead of planting your foot like you're about to wrestle a tiger, grinding your heels in. Or hooves, in your case. The footwork is crucial - it is the floating foundation that the movements are built upon. Once you know them, you will see how and when I will attack. In reading my movements, you will be able to strike simultaneously at our enemy, who will not be able to fight both of us off at once. That is the beauty of the Dance. It can be used alone, but it is much more beautiful, and much more deadly, when done with partners.

----------------

Conversing over supper, he asks the others if they've learned anything useful about their layover. He is eager to hear about how everyone is doing, now that we're on our way for real.

Azaranut ponders what he knows about Castle Urion.

[dice=knowledge History]1d20+13

[dice=knowledge Nobility]1d20+13

[dice=knowledge Local]1d20+13

This one I'll combine because there is not a lot of 'official' knowledge to be had. Some of it I'm adding as I go as extrapolation.

A Guide to Castle Urion:
Castle Urion lies upon the southern banks of the Sellen River, along the coast of Numeria. It is a port town that has seen a fair amount of traffic over the centuries. Despite being surrounded by hard terrain and even harder people, Castle Urion has had a relatively gentle run. A small town, despite its importance in trade, Urion is usually guarded by some of the troops from the mysterious Technic League. Although technically ruled by the man called the 'Black Sovereign,' his rule is little felt this far from Starfall. One legend has it that, almost a century before Aroden's Fall, the faction known as the Gearsmen got their start here, occupying the (now abandoned) castle and creating their strange contraptions.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Excited at the prospect of seeing a Scrying spell in action, the minotaur happily hands over a small clump of carefully trimmed fur.


Male Fetchling Ninja

Imbukar via telepathy:
Hmm. Who are you? And how can I have you?

Macavity pushes back his hood and cuts some hair with a dagger that just appeared in his hand. He hands the lock to Azeraunt.

When Azeraunt examines his hair, it becomes clear that its true color is stark white with thick black dye.


The captain does in fact join everyone in the mess, although it is tight to do so at this point, who answers to the name Edward, you don't need to call him captain, unless you choose to. He is a stout man of late middle age, human, with greyish-silver hair. You can easily tell he is not a man for small talk, but he forces himself to do so anyway for his guests. He talks about the beauty of some of the towns along the southern bank of the river, especially at this time of year as things begin to warm.

For Gundrun, the captain has little to say on the subject, except that the barbarians who run the place (his words) tend to keep to themselves these days. Little activity comes into or out of there, for the most part.

If you wish to ask the captain specific questions, he may or may not answer without a skill roll, depending on the topic.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul is more interested in his fellow Pathfinders (i.e. Lavinia) but he'll make friendly conversation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules of the spell, the possession of a connection only makes the Will save DC of Scrying higher, and willing subjects can always intentionally fail saving throws.

I'm not sure you need that for a willing subject, Azaraunt. Granny Estrid, the crone who taught me, told us it was easy to find someone who knew you were looking for them.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Ah. Not sure. I was thinking that even a friendly would likely not know you were looking for them and would not know to fail that save. Might not be us looking too. In a recent game had to find an Inquisitor who was unconscious but stable. DM ruled that she had to fail her save.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd
Macavity the black wrote:

** Telepathy spoiler omitted **

[spoiler=Telepathy]

I am Imbukar, companion to the wizard Azaraunt. I would watch with you. I too am silent and unseen, except when I choose otherwise. Shall I join you on watch tonight?
[/telepathy]

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Noticing Macavity going uptop from his watch point, Calendir goes to him, while Lagash remains sprawling lazily across the deck.

I believe I remember you talking about not needing much sleep Macavity? Will you be keeping watch tonight? I think maybe it is time we start taking extra precautions...


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Quiet night.

Ruul polishes off his third bowl of the fish stew that had been provided and his fourth heel of crusty bread before he's finally sated.

"Is the food to your liking, Lavinia?" the minotaur asks.

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Lavinia is just finishing off her first bowl as Ruul finishes his third.

"The food tastes fine, just a bit different than what I am used to eating back home. There the stew was venison or rabbit rather than fish. What sort of fare are you used to eating?"


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

"Is there a dish you favor from home? I would make you some of the food my people eat but acquiring the materials would be difficult", the minotaur says apologetically.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

"Azaraunt, the Scry spell is one I could, I am sure, use. I remember most of the rituals that Granny Estrid used when she cast it, but I would need a scroll to catch the form of the spell. If you can do that, I would be very grateful (and I would reimburse you as we discussed) and then we could have two scryers available, as you were hoping before. Now that I think about it, there might be circumstances in which a connection to the target might be necessary anyway."

"Kallistiel, if you prefer not to mar your hair, you can give a nail pairing, or a possession or bit of a garment works as well. If there are any ribbons you've used in your hair or blouse or something that you don't need, that would work."

Elen finds the packed mess to be claustrophobic, and takes a plate of stew and a slice of bread and retreats to the deck to share them with Ally, who despite having no need to eat, enjoys it anyway. She sees Niles working and asks him some questions about the ship, using what she's learned about sailing over the years. She also asks the following:

"How often have you made this run to Gundrun? Have you heard about the attacks that have been rumored lately? Have you encountered any magical beasts, demons, or other dangerous creatures while sailing here? Is there anything interesting you might be able to tell me about the ship or the places we're travelling to?"

Ally aid another for diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Profession(sailor) in case a common ground of experience can give any sort of synergy bonus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Diplomacy to gather information including Aid Another bonus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 +synergy maybe?

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

"Alyse, our cook back home, would make a wonderful shepherd's pie made with venison and a delicious sweet potato casserole with crystallized maple sugar sprinkled on top of it."


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul looks down at his empty bowl and considers another serving.

"That sounds very good. I think I would like to taste your shepherd's pie some day", the minotaur says.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

I should note that Elen did her morning ritual of Extended Mage armor and extended false life in the mid morning, so she would still have those active until around midnight.

false life: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


"That sounds delicious ma'am, I only wish that we could get those kinds of ingredients on a consistent basis. If that were the case, I would have the cook try to make it sometime." With a swipe of his napkin across his face and moustache, Captain Teach stands and dismisses himself from the table. "I am going to retire for the night. Niles, you have the watch for the night. Please make sure that I am awakened about 30 minutes before we dock at Urion. That should be just before sunrise. Good night, everyone."


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

I should note that Elen did her morning ritual of Extended Mage armor and extended false life in the mid morning, so she would still have those active until around midnight.

[dice=false life]1d10+7

Duly noted and I have added it to my log.


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!
Elen Emerwen wrote:

Elen finds the packed mess to be claustrophobic, and takes a plate of stew and a slice of bread and retreats to the deck to share them with Ally, who despite having no need to eat, enjoys it anyway. She sees Niles working and asks him some questions about the ship, using what she's learned about sailing over the years. She also asks the following:

"How often have you made this run to Gundrun? Have you heard about the attacks that have been rumored lately? Have you encountered any magical beasts, demons, or other dangerous creatures while sailing here? Is there anything interesting you might be able to tell me about the ship or the places we're travelling to?"

[dice=Ally aid another for diplomacy]1d20+11

[dice=Profession(sailor) in case a common ground of experience can give any sort of synergy bonus]1d20+3

[dice=Diplomacy to gather information including Aid Another bonus]1d20+2 +synergy maybe?

"Well ma'am, we usually get into Gundrun probably once a fortnight ourselves, although a couple of other crews get there a little faster. We usually don't hang around there very often, I don't think the captain likes the town very much. As far as attacks, none of the boat crews ever see attacks, ma'am. It might be that the Sellen kinda protects us. That being said, there are a few creatures that fly and have attacked, but those are rare."

Niles stops for a second as he climbs into the pilothouse. "I'm not sure if there is anything exciting about a lot of our stops. Most places are like Castle Urion, small and boring, but profitable. Gundrun is the least boring, only because of its position near the Worldwound and that accursed city that sits on the mountain."


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

I suppose it might be unpleasant to remember, but if you wouldn't mind describing the flying creatures who attacked?


Male Human Not everyone has to have a last name!

"I haven't seen them personally, but from what I have heard, they looked like short, stout orcs with wings. I know it sounds crazy, and I'm not sure if they were pulling my leg, but there's no other explanation as to why some of those boats disappeared. If the owners simply retired, we would have seen the boats being used under a different name."


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

knowledge(planes) to recognize what sort of demon or devil that might be: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27
knowledge(planes) aid another from Ally: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Hmm. Can my roll count as an aid another to Ally instead? In which case, she would have 30.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Calendir Elberen wrote:

Noticing Macavity going uptop from his watch point, Calendir goes to him, while Lagash remains sprawling lazily across the deck.

I believe I remember you talking about not needing much sleep Macavity? Will you be keeping watch tonight? I think maybe it is time we start taking extra precautions...

"Yes, my friend. I napped this afternoon and will be on the pilothouse until we arrive at Castle Urion. You're welcome to join me or to enjoy a safe sleep if you want. They may become rare." Macavity responds. He restores his cowl and politely nods to the companions as he gets up and leaves the mess for his vigil.

Imbukar wrote:

Telepathy:

I am Imbukar, companion to the wizard Azaraunt. I would watch with you. I too am silent and unseen, except when I choose otherwise. Shall I join you on watch tonight?

Telepathy:

Companion to the wizard Azaraunt? The raven? You are a smart bird. Yes, Azeraunt mentioned your help. Please join me and introduce yourself, Imbukar. I've had the opportunity to meet all of our other companions. We can pass the time learning about one another.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Elen Emerwen wrote:

[dice=knowledge(planes) to recognize what sort of demon or devil that might be]1d20+14+2

[dice=knowledge(planes) aid another from Ally]1d20+8

Hmm. Can my roll count as an aid another to Ally instead? In which case, she would have 30.

Yes you can. Ally is pretty sure the longshoreman is describing some kind of gargoyle.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Macavity, Calendir, Lagash, and Ish are doing watch tonight? If I missed someone, let me know.

Those posting guard up on deck, please make 2 Perception rolls (one for the beginning and for the end of your watch)

Next forward post at about 11 CST, I have a meeting until then.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir will only be watching during the first hours, then he will find a quiet corner on deck and sleep right there, under the light of the stars.

Perception +11(+13 vs. EvilOutsiders, +15 vs. Undead, +13 while in Desert terrain)

Beginning of watch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
End of watch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

I guess he was already asleep when his watch started :D

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

Perception checks -
Beginning of watch - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
End of watch - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Thanks to her ring, Lavninia only needs about two hours sleep, so she'll be hanging out on deck until the wee hours of the morning. So I guess she'll be on both 1st and 2nd watches at least. Then she'll sleep till breakfast time.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Assuming some sort of three-watch structure, Ruul was also on first watch.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Imbukar, who napped in the cabin while the wiaard worked will be on watch.

Activities during/after dinner:

Azaraunt does not totally trust the captain and has asked Imbukar to keep an eye on him. The crow, while invisible will follow our good captain back to his cabin to make sure he knows where it it, and then will keep an eye on it for the first couple hours after dinner. He will not enter the cabin but will try to get a look inside and at least note any windows or other exits. He will also note what type of lock is on the door and listen to see if the captain locks the door when he goes in.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Using Darkvision, Constant Detect Magic, and Detect Good And Deathwatch.

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 21 + 20 = 51 The +20 is for Invisibility

Later Imbukar will join those on deck to watch, but will maintain invisibility. He will speak to those on watch telepathically to let them know he is present. Watchers, I have joined you in your vigil. Have you noted anything of import?

Perception Beginning of Watch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Using Darkvision, Constant Detect Magic, and Detect Good And Deathwatch.

Perception End of Watch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Using Darkvision, Constant Detect Magic, and Detect Good And Deathwatch.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)
Lord Manticore wrote:

Yes you can. Ally is pretty sure the longshoreman is describing some kind of gargoyle.

Elen will tell the other members of the team what she and Ally have figured out. She will go to bed as the first watch begins, wanting to get as much rest as possible before they reach the castle. What time would that be, 8? 9?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Imbukar wrote:

Imbukar, who napped in the cabin while the wiaard worked will be on watch.

** spoiler omitted ** Yes, the captain does in fact lock his door, but he seems nonchalant about it, as if it were routine. Imbukar can see through a peephole. The room looks more spacious than a typical cabin, but that is to be expected for the captain of the boat. You can see his table/desk clearly, and there are stacks of paper to either side, and what are likely maps in the middle. Imbukar watches him get undressed and climb into his bunk to fall asleep. Nothing else happens.

Later Imbukar will join those on deck to watch, but will maintain invisibility. He will speak to those on watch telepathically to let them know he is present. Watchers, I have joined you in your vigil. Have you noted anything of import?

[dice=Perception Beginning of Watch]1d20+10 Using Darkvision, Constant Detect Magic, and Detect Good And Deathwatch.

[dice=Perception End of Watch]1d20+10 Using Darkvision, Constant Detect Magic, and Detect Good And Deathwatch.

I will cover this in a moment.


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Date: Monday, March 18, 4707
Overnight:

The night moves slowly under the gentle calm of the Sellen River. The wind picks up as Calendir goes off watch and the boat picks up a little bit of speed. Those on watch notice that, as the river is about 1/3 of a mile wide, Niles steers the ship right down the middle, but every once in awhile, the boat drifts a bit to the left before being adjusted back to true. Those of you on watch see little of anything on either side of the shore, and the river itself seems quiet tonight, with only the occasional salmon jumping out of the river. (Great night for fishing if any of the watch want to attempt a survival check.)All are asleep when the boat moves along shore.

Elen ONLY:
Good Dreams: Same dream as last night, only stronger, you can hear some sort of song in the background now, almost as if you are at a ball. But you are surrounded by darkness, which does not tell you what you might face.

****

4:45 am

I need everyone to make a Perception check, at a -10 (for sleeping below decks, -6 for those sleeping up top) before I go on.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Imbukar wrote:

Later Imbukar will join those on deck to watch, but will maintain invisibility. He will speak to those on watch telepathically to let them know he is present. Watchers, I have joined you in your vigil. Have you noted anything of import?

telepathy to Imbukar:
Welcome. Please tell me about yourself. How have you become a companion of Azeraunt?

Darkvision 60-feet and Low Light Vision:
perception 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 (+1 vs. traps; +2 vs. Human)

perception 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 (+1 vs. traps; +2 vs. Human)

perception 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 (+1 vs. traps; +2 vs. Human) No penalty, because Macavity will not be sleeping until after Castle Urion.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul's morning prayers take place during the pre-dawn hour. About what time is that?

Shadow Lodge

Female Dhampir Oracle / 1

perception 1d20 + 14 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 10 = 14


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Ally cuddles with Elen in bed until the elf is deeply asleep, and then goes up to the deck. She gives the location where Imbrukar is invisibly perched a wide berth, but speaks quietly to Calendir, Lavinia and Ruul as they keep watch. Feel free to retcon any conversation any of those three, or Macavity for that matter, would like to have with her. In fact, if Imbrukar wants to talk she'll even tallk to him, albeit from a safe distance, and not in the warmest of tones.

At second watch she goes down and takes a short nap with Elen, then is up on the deck again to watch the stars and hoping to see the dawn.

perception for first watch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
PERCEPTION for morning: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

as always, constant detect evil and magic.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Perception at -6 for sleeping up top [Perception +11(+13 vs. EvilOutsiders, +15 vs. Undead, +13 while in Desert terrain)]:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:
Ruul's morning prayers take place during the pre-dawn hour. About what time is that?

It would be around 5am this time of year, so you would likely be on the cusp of waking up at this point.


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]

Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 10 = 4

Zzzzz.

451 to 500 of 4,025 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.