Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Manticore

A long trek to a short beach.


1 to 50 of 4,025 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

DO NOT DISTURB:
"Well I must say that it was more by accident than anything. For you see, in my younger years, I was a bit of a...shall we say, unfocused. I had been drinking my way steady for several days and I ended up in this harbor town. I don't even know which one it was now, that is how bad I was then. When I began to sober, against my will, I might..."

Nguyen was interrupted by a knock on the hidden door. "Who the devils could that be," he replied. Opening the door

Raelc was standing there with another person. The cook said "I'm sorry about this," in Common, "but the courier says it is important. He wishes to see your friend about a note from an important person." It takes a second for the tone to sink in, but then Nguyen realized it. Perhaps it is time already? he thought. The courier came forward and passed along a note to Nguyen, mistaking him for the true receiver of the message. He turned around and left before Nguyen could say anything. Nguyen nodded to the cook and shut the

DO NOT DISTURB:
door. Nguyen looks at you and says, "I believe it is a note from the Society. I shall read it to you." He then opens the missive and reads the following out loud:

Greetings, Young Adventurer:

I am writing this to invite you to have a conversation with some esteemed persons about an expedition into the wilds of the Worldwound, to be more specific could be harmful to those entrusted with this letter. The gentleman in questions wishes to speak to you and several others in one hour's time about this potential arrangement. To meet with him, please walk four blocks to the South of this establishment that you are presently in, and then wait to hear the following phrase: 'I though' I saw A puddy tat.' It may sound crude, but several of us this far North do speak with a bit of a broguish accent. Please respond with the following phrase: 'I did in fact see such a cat." You will then be led to a Respectable establishment and we will have our meeting in peace. Please be prompt as we do not have time to dally.

Good Evening to You,
A.T.

Macavity, please make a Perception check.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Tracking Dot.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Bury me, DOT, on the lone prairie...


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

Over the next thirty minutes, you try to gain more information from Lt. Ripley. She mentions some of the battles fought, but also mentions the three gates that allow passage into the city. There was a temple (to Orcus, you presume), but she swears that one of her flying scouts informed her on that last morning before departing that the temple was no longer in sight! Given how tall it was ("If it wasn't for the Worldwound and the walls fortifying Tsar, you could probably see that ugly temple from the Camp on a clear day."), she is still not sure that is the case. She also mentioned some of the rumored contingency plans the General Zelkor had created. One of which she knew for certain was that at least one knight and his entourage was somehow entombed so that on a given day, they would rise and continue the attack on Tsar, even if all else failed. To this day, she does not know of any such attack force doing such a thing, however.

Soon enough, each of you are approached by a courier, each with the same missive, addressed to each of you. Upon opening the letter, you read the following:

Greetings, Young Adventurer:

I am writing this to invite you to have a conversation with some esteemed persons about an expedition into the wilds of the Worldwound, to be more specific could be harmful to those entrusted with this letter. The gentleman in question wishes to speak to you and several others in one hour's time about this potential arrangement. To meet with him, please walk four blocks to the South of this establishment that you are presently in, and then wait to hear the following phrase: 'I though' I saw A puddy tat.' It may sound crude, but several of us this far north do speak with a bit of a broguish accent. Please respond with the following phrase: 'I did in fact see such a cat." You will then be led to a Respectable establishment and we will have our meeting in peace. Please be prompt as we do not have time to dally.

Good Evening to You,
A.T.

Addendum for Elen and Ally:
Given your companion's special abilities, we ask that she be blind-folded and that she keep her eyes shut between now and our meeting. It is only for operational security, the Queen tolerates us only because we keep a low profile. IF she knew how and where we operated, that might change.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I assure you that, once you reach the meeting place, Alli can take her blindfold off.
A.J.

Please make a Perception check as you read the letter.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Cloistered Cleric / 8

perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul snorts and tosses the courier a copper piece as he unfolds his message to read it.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Dot

Numair reads the missive, then turns to those that remain.

An intriguing message. What do you make of it?

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Numair Nejem wrote:

Dot

Numair reads the missive, then turns to those that remain.

An intriguing message. What do you make of it?

[Dice=Perception]1d20-1

On a natural 1, you wonder if maybe either you need to purchase some reading glasses or perhaps you have had too many glasses already! :P

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

And so it begins... Calendir ponders as he reads through the missive.

He thanks the courier with a nod while turning to the others with a wide grin they had not seen yet in his face since they first met, cryptically offering: I think it is time to get Lagash now that things have calmed down somewhat - I will be back shortly! With this he dashes out the door and into the night.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul refolds his message and tucks it into a pouch attached to his loincloth.

"We face a deadly ruin within a hostile land. If this A.T. has aid he can offer, we should hear him out", the minotaur replies to Numair in a profundo rumble.


Male Fetchling Ninja
Quote:
Macavity, please make a Perception check.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 +1 vs. traps or +2 vs. Humans

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

So much more than a travelling companion you are Lagash - we have always come out on top, even against unexpected turns or odds, always... And today I fear that we are about to embark on something that may bring no victories ar joys - there is too much foulness surrounding the Worldwound and its history to make it anything even remotely similar to the life you deserve my brother... As always, the choice is yours.
As the familiar scene plays out, with Calendir stalking Lagash as they have done so many times over the years, the big cat's ears perk up as he sniffes the evening air.

Yes, I am upwind from you.. Calendir cannot help a grin at teasing his companion.

With a mad dash, the feline easily crosses the open expanse until the nearest copse of trees, climbing a tall, elder oak in one, two, three bounds. There, crouching, he waits for his brother to make his move, a familiar scent with an ever so slightly difference from the usual... Fear? Excitement? Maybe a mix, nothing that would make Lagash pause for long - an impossible somersault, and three gigantic leaps take him across, effectively travelling above the ground, the branches cracking slightly from his massive weight - it felt good to travel without the weight that Calendir insists on covering him with - the metal is light, but always it ruffles his fur, making him want to scracth and scratch... There!!

Freezing completely atop a tree, the cat is a magnificent sight, his eyes, green slivers reflecting the moonlight are the only give away, but Calendir knows where to look, and knows also that his scent is now gone, after maneuvering downwind from his friend.

They both know what to expect, as the animal lands effortlessly, and almost without a sound on the leave filled ground - he is near!! The blood rushing into his ears, he can listen to his heart pumping, mixed with the forest around - an owl in the distance... the remains of the evening patrons in the village far away... The hair in the back of his neck stands up - they are friends but Lagash is a hunter and cringes at being hunted. A slightest air movement... Something cutting silently through the air at him... With an impossible up and backwards bound, that only a feline could perform, he dodges Calendir's charge while swatting him away with a soft paw, claws retracted but a solid hit.

Hitting the ground in a roll, Calendir stands up impossibly fast, "almost" as fast as his cat, and lunges forward again, this time the two colliding solidly with one another and rolling away in the ground, exchanging mocked blows and bites until they tire each other out and simply lay back looking at the overcast sky.

It will not be easy Lagash, it may even be the end of us two... You are free to go brother...

Standing up and shaking the leaves from his back, standing up over the ranger, the cat moves closer and nudges him to stand up, ever practical - I guess you are right - enough stargazing huh? - he laughs at a comment they had gotten used to, that usually signaling the end of idle times for the two companions - Come, it is time to meet the others... - Calendir calls out to his brother while he runs off, and towards the village - with a low growl, Lagash follows suit.

A few moments later, the half-orc strides into the tavern with a bright glow in his eyes and a smile on his face - alongside him follows a huge mountain cat - his homogenous golden fur impeccably kept for a wild animal, covering the muscular yet lithe frame of the feline, his eyes like impossibly deep, green orbs staring at each one of the seated adventuring companions - Everyone, this is Lagash - Calendir proclaims, his arms now wrapped in a tight hug around the animal's neck.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

"He is a fine beast", the minotaur offers at the cat's introduction. "I'm certain he will make a fitting addition to the group."

"We were about to leave for the meeting place. It is close - only four block away."

"Even so, we should be prepared. There is no telling if agents of the Aspis have caught wind of our purpose up here. Our mysterious benefactor may be a trap."

The minotaur fishes a tiny silvered pearl out of the pouch at his hip and offers it to Elen.

Mage Armor please!

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Calendir takes the necessary steps to outfit Lagash with his light shirt, woven from mithral links, and greased off to dull its glow. The cat seems to struggle and shuffle a bit but the ranger soothes him down with a mumbled conversation that eventually convinces the cat.

Perception DC10:
There may be danger ahead Lagash, hear me on this one - from here onwards no more toying - this is serious. We are here for a reason, you know it as well as I do. Now stay still!


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

I will assume the GM will give me the benefit of the doubt that I have MA prepared today.

Elen smiles bashfully and tentatively takes the pearl from the enormous hand. "Certainly, umm... Ruul wasn't it? Um, this will last about 7 hours, if that's alright..."

Casting Mage Armor on Ruul for a +4 armor bonus, duration 7 hrs, does not stack with physical armor or bracers. Casting the same on myself using lesser extend rod, duration 14hrs.

Elen waves her hands and mutters some arcane phrases, and the minotaur's imposing body is sheathed in a transparent image of a suit of armor, which immediately vanishes but leaves him geeling more protected. She then uses the pearl, and repeats the process on herself, this time using a platinum and gold rod she retrieves from her pack for the casting. She hands the pearl back, murmuring her thanks.

perception check for Elen: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17and Ally: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Elen looks over the note and its postscript, raising an eyebrow at Ally.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

"It's ok sweetie, it will be just like a game of blind man's bluff!"


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul will offer up a charge from his Lesser Extend Rod as well.

Ruul nods his horned head in thanks to Elen for her protective spell. He'd never taken to armor, even after the Master of Swords had gotten a massive suit custom-fitted for him. It always felt so confining and chafed him in ways his traditional loincloth did not. The minotaur shuddered and adjusted his garment at the thought.

"Yes, Ruul Spiritskin."

"And you, Elen, and little Ally have my thanks", the bull offers - his eyes lingering a bit too long on the tiny familiar's naked form.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Retcon with Ruul... if he offered the rod after the pearl, she would take it and use it with the casting. In which case both MAs last 14 hrs.


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

Alliriyallin seems to have no sense of body modesty whatsoever, and though she notices the bull's attention, she doesn't seem to care.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Sorry about that. Based on our previous discussion I'd thought it was assumed. I'll clearer next time.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Not a problem, but I didn't realize you had a rod.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Fantastic feline you have there Calendir. Cats are the hunting companions of nobility.

Numair admires Lagash for some moments with almost childlike glee. Then he stands, brushing the wrinkles from his clothes.

Shall we be off to meet this mysterious stranger?


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul's loincloth doesn't hide much. His rod should be obvious...

Har har har

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Minotaur with a banana hammock. >.<

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

Thank you Numair - Lagash is a good friend... He comments as he strokes the feline's fur absent mindedly.

Let us be off then?


Female Elf Duelist 1 / Lore Warden 5 / MoMS-Sohei 2 [HP 63/63 || AC/T 25, 18/22/24, FF 12 || F +8, R +9 (+10), W +6 (+8)]

Kallistiel looks at the others who received the missives before reading through her own.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

A 'respectable establishment'? Well if it has one clean chair, I suppose it would apply if it were being compared to this dungheap.

She looks up from the letter as the mountain cat enters the tavern accompanied by one of the recipients. "I did... I did tee a puddy tat...," she mutters quietly.

"Well I, for one, will be happy to see where we're being led. Trap or not. I felt like I needed to bathe as soon as I entered this establishment. A cesspool would be better."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Cloistered Cleric / 8

Would it insult a minotaur to say he's hung like a horse?

Lavinia gathers up her belongings, ready to be off to meet their contact. Whoever it is, has certainly chosen a rather diverse group of us for this meeting. I certainly hope we shall be up for the task about to be asked of us.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

I'm inclined to say yes. =P

"Let's be off", Ruul says as he exits the Duck and follows the directions on the missive.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Both wizard and raven read the missive together, then glance around at the others. He lingers over the fine vintage, in no hurry to leave, and notes the exit and then re-entrance of the ranger, now with his companion. Our party has near as many companions as pathfinders. he marvels to himself. Excellent. Our odds of success increase. Finally, as some of the others are making moves to depart he seems to reach some conclusion. Well, right. Time for business. Imbukar? he says, addressing the raven for the first time as he stands. With a wave of his hands he is no longer dressed in wizardly robes, but full plate armor. The raven, still on his shoulder, looks at him just for a moment, tilting it head questioningly, and then vanishes.

Moving quickly for a man in armor the wizard walks towards the door. Shall we?


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

For those whose Perception was at least 16:
You notice that several of the letters are capitalized. Some normally, some not. When you look at the capital letters in the middle of the letter, they form the word 'TSAR.'

@Ruul - I'm glad you said it, I was keeping my tongue firmly planted in cheek LOL.

@Party - are you all moving as a group or separately? I'll assume as a group unless someone tells me differently.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Cloistered Cleric / 8

Staying with group.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Group for now.

Ruul raises a brow at the revelation but says nothing as he sees familiar expressions on the faces of several others in the group.


M Imp Familiar 6 hd

Forgot this perception roll - need to get in the habit of rolling for him separately.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

As a group for the time being.

Cheliax

M Elven Wizard 6/Diabolist 2 | HP 46/46 | AC 20/24 FF 15/22 T16 | Saves +6/+11/+7 | Init + 11 | Per. +14

All about the group.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Need something to talk about.

Ruul finds himself watching Ally's naked form gracefully float through the air during the trek to the meeting spot.

He angles his neck down to talk to Elen.

"Ally is an interesting creature. I've noticed she seems to share my disdain for binding garments", the minotaur says with another deep rumbling laugh. "Is she fey?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Cloistered Cleric / 8

Needing to talk about something involves commenting on little naked chicks? :)

Lavinia laughs and looks over to Ruul. "Not all of us have your abundant fur to keep us warm. I for one am quite pleased with my binding garments. Though I do wonder, does Ally feel the cold?" That last question being addressed to Elen.


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

It was the first thing that came to mind!


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10

All of you make your way down the four blocks towards the meeting point. As you stand there, you notice that this area is mostly barracks and a few warehouses. It's possible that those buildings could be armories for the soldiers billeted nearby. It is a clear night, with gas lanterns every fifteen feet or so, mostly as a precaution against things that may attempt to sneak into the city.

Within a couple of moments, just as you begin to wonder what kind of trickery you were put up against, all of you see a fog start to creep in. It is odd for two reasons; one is that there is no wind or obvious weather condition that would indicate a fog would roll in. Also, it is coming from all directions, not just one.

Before you know it, all of you are surrounded by a thick fog, almost as if you had stepped into a cloud. None of you can see each other, nor can you see the buildings or the gas lanterns. This is clearly magic in the making. Before you have a chance to arm yourself, you hear this, as if it is coming from the fog itself:

Kallistiel:
"I though' I saw a puddy tat." The voice seems a little hesitant and almost bored, as if he(?) can't believe he just said what he said.

Everyone else:
"I though' I saw a puddy tat!"


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

Ruul tightens his hands into meaty fists as the fog envelops and separates him from the others. He remains calm and tries ti determine the nature if the spell.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

When nothing immediately hostile occurs, the bull responds to the voice, "I did in fact see such a cat"

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ftr1/Ranger lvl7 | HP 68 | AC 22 FF 16 T17 | Saves +11/+13/+6 | Init + 7 (+9 in Favored Terrain) | Per. +12

With a grin Calendir adds: "I did in fact see such a cat"


Male Fetchling Ninja

DO NOT DISTURB:
After Han Nguyen reads the message, Macavity gestures to receive it and rereads it himself noting the TSAR. "It appears that the party is starting within the hour," palming the message into his outfit with a Sleight of Hand of 25 taking 10. He stays for another twenty minutes listening to his contact's personal tale and sharing some of his own drunken directionless stories. Bao thanks the gentleman for the tea and pleasant time speaking Tien and leaves out the backdoor.

Bao stealths with Stealth of 26 taking 10 the four blocks up a wall and over the rooftops. He can't really travel with the group, since he hasn't been introduced. After watching the group and rendezvous location from the roof, he climbs down a wall out of line of slight of the group and Stealthily approaches the group with five minutes before the appointed time.

He responds quietly in Common to the spoken phase of "I though' I saw a puddy tat!" with "I did in fact see such a cat.'


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Ruul Spiritskin wrote:

Ruul tightens his hands into meaty fists as the fog envelops and separates him from the others. He remains calm and tries ti determine the nature if the spell.

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+16

When nothing immediately hostile occurs, the bull responds to the voice, "I did in fact see such a cat"

Spellcraft result:
It would appear to be some kind of variation of the obscuring mist spell. This one seems to be centered on whoever cast it, rather than a natural effect after casting.
Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Numair wasn't really paying attention to the instructions and replies,

I saw a cat like that

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Cloistered Cleric / 8

Trying not to feel utterly ridiculous for uttering such a phrase, Lavinia responds with the code. "I did in fact see such a cat".


Male Drow Noble Accountant 12/Monk 10
Numair Nejem wrote:

Numair wasn't really paying attention to the instructions and replies,

I saw a cat like that

"What kind of a cat?" you hear back.


Female Elf Witch (Winter Witch) 2| HP 7/15 | AC:14, T:13, F:11 | CMD:13, CMB:0 | Save (F+1, R+3, W+4) | Init:+3 | Perc: +4 (+6 with familiar)

Retcon for stuff I wasn't able to post at work.

As the group begins to head out of the tavern, Elen catches Numair's sleeve and whispers to him.

Numair and anyone else who speaks Kelish AND succeeds at a DC17 perception check (hearing a whisper = 15, +2 for unfavorable conditions in a loud, crowded tavern):
"Delight of the Dawnflower, we must be careful. That chelish youngster has received the same missive as we, and so I presume the Society has chosen him as a member of this expedition. We may have to grit our teeth and tolerate him, but if you would use your powerful presence to impress upon him that we will not accept his fiendish companion intruding into our minds anymore. If he has reason to speak to us, or Ally, he should use words, however primitive the little imp may find the vibration of air over flaps of muscle.

"I also wish to bring this to your attention. I noticed you gave the message but a cursory glance, and you may not have seen this." She explains about the odd capital letters to Numair.

Elen listens for any response he may have, then hurries with him to catch up with the group.

During the walk, she responds to Ruul's questions. "Oh... ah... I can see why you would think so... It's not at all an unreasonable thought, but you see, Mr. Spiritskin... well, how much do you know about the Planes? Have you heard of Elysium, the outer plane that epitomizes the intersection of freedom, chaos, and creativity with benevolence and charity? Azata, celestial beings of many types, live there, and are beloved by my Goddess, Desna. Ally is a Lyrakien, a musical, mysterious, magical creature, and she disdains clothing both because of her love of freedom, her innocence, and, yes, an inherent resistance to cold." She smiles lovingly at the naked creature riding her shoulder, who responds with a cheeky grin and a playful wink at Ruul.

When the fog rolls in and the voice speaks, Elen nudges Numair and mutters, "Wrong words!" then speaks the proper counter-sign herself. She then mutters further, "A puddy tat, or cat? Would that be some kind of pudding-cat? Perhaps a magical crossbreed of a black pudding and a cat of some sort? What kind of foul magic could create such a thing, and what would its powers and abilities be, I wonder?"


Male Minotaur 3 HP: 26/42 (0 nonlethal) | AC: 17, Touch: 13, FF: 16 | Saves: Fort: +10, Reflex: +6, Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perception: +10

During the Walk

"I must confess to having been a poor student when lessons came to matters of other planes. The topic held little interest for me. I find myself preoccupied with matters of this plane", the minotaur says apologetically. "But I have heard of Elysium."

The bull snorts at the tiny woman's teasing, "There is wisdom in such an unfettered life"

***

In the Fog

Ruul stands still and tries to listen for the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Female Azata Lyrakien HP 26/26 | AC 20 T 16 FF 16 | Ft +3 Rf +7 Wl +9 | Init +8 | Per. +11

During the Walk

"Oh yes, life unfettered is what we Azata are all about. Some of us do wear clothes, the Bralani and Ghaele mostly, armor for their various crusades and duels and quests and such. And the Lillend sometimes wear clothes, either a work of art in clothing form they've fashioned, or one that someone's given to them. They're often unclothed as I am, though. And the Brijidine -- well, if they did try to wear clothes they'd probably burn them up!" She laughs musically. "But mortals are so silly about nudity sometimes, mostly because you are generally nude when reproducing. As celestials, we don't reproduce that way -- although some do at times, with mortals -- we're born of mortal souls who ascend to the upper planes -- so sex to us is of no special importance than any other recreation, and so we put little importance on nudity, either."

After this conversation, Elen reminds her friend that she needs to be blindfolded, and hands her a tiny strip of cloth, which she ties around her eyes.

Qadira

Human Paladin 7 / Bard 1;
Status:
HP 74/74; AC 26/15/22; CMD 22; Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +13; Init +4; Perc -1

Leaving the tavern...
Numair responds to Elen in kind.

Kelish:
That he is Chelish means he grew up brainwashed by the sycophants of Asmodeus. Perhaps he chafes under thier tyrrany and is chaperroned by the imp. I shall speak with him and discover whether he wishes to pursue freedom. As for the imp, I shall inform it that I consider unsolicited mental communication a violation of our privacy and order him to decist from further intrusions. Should it disregard my warning, I shall send it back to Hell.

Thank you for your insight. I entirely missed the hidden message, as I found the missive to be dreadfully boring, as they so often are. Have you the ability to cast 'Message'? I find it useful for keeping my staunchest allies alert.


-------------------
In the fog...
Numair coughs, chuckles, and speaks again to the disembodied fog-voice.

Ahem... I meant, 'I did in fact see such a cat.'

Waiting for another response, he shifts uncomfortably in the mist, not enjoying communicating with someone he cannot look in the eye.

1 to 50 of 4,025 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slumbering Tsar: Forward - The Camp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.