Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea

Game Master Corerue

Battle at the lift

Crosses vs


251 to 300 of 1,442 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I strike again, grinning fiercely as I sense a chink of hope.

attack 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

confirm crit 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
crit damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

My grin widens as my rapier pierces the creature's eye and sinks deep into its brain: ichor runs down my sword as it slumps to the floor.

Bera, are you okay?

I spit a mouthful of blood and phlegm onto the floor: My healing only works on myself. Is there any way I can help you?


Diyeana Stormwin

Joey throws his head back and laughs. "I wouldn't miss this for anything Lady Stormwin! No thrall, no Cryxian could make me miss seeing The Dragoncorp in action! But just you wait til you see Smitties old girl, she soars so high now and shes so fast!"[b] He follows after you and soon pulls slightly ahead of you. [b]"Oh I hope we see a Dragonrider!"

You both travel a few blocks before encountering a group of Stormlancers charging across an intersection. There armored bodies were covered by surging bolts of lightning which leapt from knight to knight. Even there horses were wreathed in electricity that danced and surges across their formation. As soon as they passed Joey leaned out watching where they were going, as you look over his shoulder you see the Stormlancers are moving to engage two score of thrall warriors that have just recently overwhelmed a small patrol of MP's. The broken bodies of the MP's line the streets they died protecting.

As the thralls turn to face the oncoming Stormlancers you see them raise there lances in perfect unison, as if they were preparing to charge, and suddenly the electricity that had danced across their forms surged down their lances and shot off towards the thrall warriors in the form of half a dozen bolts of lightning which briefly lit up the dark street. The lightning bolts slammed into the formation of thralls, reducing their numbers down to barely a handful, which were badly damaged, and easy pickings for the heavily armed Stormlancers who merely rode over the top of them and continued their hard gallop over towards the next block.

Joey grimaced and set his large mechanics wrench over his shoulder. "The fighting getting more widespread, don't right know where they are all coming from. I saw some of these skeleies climbing out of the sewers... Its bad Miss. Lotta MP's been killed in the last few hours, they was way in over there heads, they even hit the yard but we showed them right good." He pauses and looks both ways before continuing to lead you towards the dock district, which is still a ways off…

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception DC 23


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

"I am only a warrior, but I have some ability to sniff out the stench of evil. Can this be applied to the problem of locating our enemies?"


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 This dice roller hates me today...

Diyeana's heart surges along with her national pride as the Stormlancers demolish the enemy before them. Her grin continues as Joey regales her with the stories of Smitty's ship and their defence of the yard. Her expression turns to a slight frown though as the young man casually mentions the enemy coming out of the sewers 'That is something the military needs to know'. Unfortunately though, there doesn't seem to be anyone to tell. Calling out for Joey to hold a minute she jogs over to the scene of the battle, making sure that all the thralls are truly destroyed. If any seem to yet retain their disgusting semblance of life, she quickly dispatches them with close range shots to the head with her rifle, it's ammunition magically replacing itself due to her spell.

She then does a quick check to see if any of the MP's yet live and need aid.
Heal check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

If none live she finally stands and with a quick look around to make sure there are no more sewer exits nearby, she makes a mental note to herself to stop and inform the next member of the military she sees about Joey's revelation and motions the big young lad to on.


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Nobility!!! Ugh! That's the ONE Knowledge skill I forgot to put ranks into... O well, haha.

Samuel wrote:
"Mum was right, shoulda stay home today. I guess I wasn't so useful to ya sir..."

"There's more than enough time left for you to regain your valor," Cassian assures him as he pulls the boy to his feet. "Go collect the weapons from the fallen and pile them up on the bar. Be careful. That arm is holding on by barely a thread."

He nearly forgot where he was standing as the Qinite woman encircled him and began making claims at his heritage; her demanding, studious gaze lifting him from time and place. Had the stench of death not been so overwhelming, he may have forgotten completely and followed her up the stairs. "I am Cassian Vespertine," he announces half to her and half to the remaining inn patrons and staff, "and all you need do is ask for me and your hopes will be satisfied." Turning slightly he reads clearly the message conveyed by the bodyguards. He returns them with a slight smile and a roguish lift of his eyebrows to express his obvious thoughts and intentions with their 'Highness'.

Feeling that the the inn was being outfitted into the best possible fortification, Cassian takes aside the barkeep and tells him directly, "I need to leave this building immediately to get to the garrison on Taynier street. These people are going to look for somebody to lead and protect them; that person is you," he tells the bartender as he cracks open the barrels of his pistol to ensure they're loaded. He then snaps it back into place and holsters it, continuing before the man has a chance to interject. "Your first command will be to barricade the back entrance to this building as I leave. I can't draw attention to the door so I will not be able to protect it for very long. I'll cut down anything that is already out there but you'll have to work fast. After that, keep everyone away from the windows and don't leave the building until the MP's arrive. Questions?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Aelessaer wrote:

My grin widens as my rapier pierces the creature's eye and sinks deep into its brain: ichor runs down my sword as it slumps to the floor.

Bera, are you okay?

I spit a mouthful of blood and phlegm onto the floor: My healing only works on myself. Is there any way I can help you?

With her enemies defeated and the hallway quiet once more Bera stumbles back into the small box of a room you had been defending and leans heavily against the wall. Soon after she leans though she slides down and sits there looking tired and battered. "Where we go now?" She seemed to be ignoring her injuries presently and looking itently at you as she rested on the floor.


Donovan Lynch

Donovan:

Two men fell when they entered, a third man was injured. You took down the leader in round 1/2 and the wounded third man as well. You scored a crit and downed #5. Then number six went down soon after. You took them all out with ease lol. Sorry for making it a lame fight >.<; but your preparations were really nice. :)

As you crouched behind your bed a large figure entered the partially open door, carrying with it the heavy stench of blood. It was skeletal in nature and wearing heavy armor befitting what a Thrall Lieutenant would have in Cryx but something seemed off about it and it carried itself to easily. It looked down at the Dragon near its feet and drew its sword and reached for something on its backside. It unclasped something metallic and soon was holding a lantern like object, except the hood was shut and it emit a strange ghostly green light. Instantly reminding you of burning Necrotite in a way but this was different, your gut started twisting as it brought that strange lantern and held over the first downed man...

K-Arcana -Identify Lantern- 20[/occ]
[ooc]K-Arcana -Identify Skeleton- 15

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

[ooc]Roll me a stealth check and let me kow what your actions are. :)


Cassian Vespertine

Samuel was worse for wear but able to help out nodding at your words and assisting the others as quickly as he could. Your comments about the retreating Qinite royal cause a stir among her bodyguard who apparently understand you all too clearly. They both put there heads together and start mumbling rapidly, arguing.

"....500.... 6..."
"....1000.... 8..."
"....2500.... 15..."
"....3500.... 22..."
"....6000.... 30..."

You don't have much time to listen to them as the Bartender nods and leads you to the back door of his restruant and, as you expected, it leads to a tight back alley escape. Taking a left you'll reach the street and if you head towards the right you face more winding back alleys.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

Spoiler:
Hey, not a lame fight in my book...any fight where I prepare well and thus demolish my opposition as a result is a fun fight for me. :)

Afraid I have zero ranks in Knowledge: Arcana, and I don't believe you can make those untrained, so I have no clue with this big fella is.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Spoiler:
WTF? Roll a 20, then roll a 1? LOL

Donovan had no idea what kind of nightmarish abomination this thing was, but walking skeletons meant Cryx, and Cryxians meant bad news. Cooly drawing a bead, he clicked back the hammer on his revolver. The thing's gaze snapped to him, and he pulled the trigger.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

OOC: Action depends...is it possible for me to try and shoot the lantern (sunder)? Strict BtB says no, but it seems reasonable to me, so I thought I'd ask.

Clearly I am using the gun more than I initially intended; maybe I should invest in some feats in that direction. :)


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

It's obviously some sort of code but what's the point of using it? I'll have another chance to decipher it when I reunite with their mistress.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Cassian briefly considers the number generating crab and dragon as he makes his way down the cluttered labyrinth of back alleys; his sword drawn and tucked neatly behind his back in his right hand and his pistol in the other. He moves as quickly as possible, avoiding any unnecessary confrontation with enemies or needful allies that might slow him down in his attempt to get to the anti-aircraft cannons.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Hey haven't forgotten about Num-rah and Diyena have you GM C? And hope the hand is healing well


nope haven't forgotten about you guys. Wokring a long shift and internet is sporadic =/


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]
Diyeana Stormwin wrote:
Hey haven't forgotten about Num-rah and Diyena have you GM C? And hope the hand is healing well

I doubt anyone could forget Diyeana considering the way she carries herself


Num-Rah:

Kel gives a low purr as he chuckles. "As far as the map is concerned youR sense of smell will not aid you. But in the field if you smell burning flesh or ash you better keep your eyes to the sky. They're sky-ships run on what I could only imagine as burning corpse or something far worse..." He continues looking at the map and sighed. "When you reach the ruin look for anything that resembles this table, a great room of gathering place fit for soldiers. Perhaps we may find more then just weapons. The High Ones were wise but they left much behind before they left us."

He leans back and looks at the Blade Brothers who have rejoined the group in the main hall. Galsah looks throughly cowed and Selric continues to look focused and determined. The Tanya doesn't even spare the pair a glance as she watches Num-Rah and Kel. Kel looks at each of you as he says. "It is time for you too make your choice Tyil-Num'Rah. Will you take the route across the ruins or will you risk the faster underground passages?"


Diyeana Stormwin

None of the thralls remain and the MP's are all tragically dead. By all accounts the one dozen MP's stood no chance in taking on the thralls, they were grossly under equipped and outnumbered by the more well equipped thrall warriors. But as you look over each body, searching for signs of life, you find all the signs of soldiers who had chose to hold their ground despite having no chance for victory.

Joey keeps a wary eye out until your finished checking the bodies and then leads on dashing along as you moved from block to block. The fighting was widespread, bloody and without mercy. You come upon the bodies of regular citizens who had been cut down by long blades, more MP's and other soldiers are among the dead. You note a few trencher bodies, most likely they were on leave and caught in the streets during happy hour.

Joey pulls you both into an alley as the rumble and jangling of metal reaches your ears, he curses quietly as you find yourselves stuck in a dead end. He leans over you shielding you with his broad body and looks over his left shoulder as he watched the street. After a few moments several armored thralls (7), along with what appeared to be a Thrall Lieutenant pass by the alley. But unlike other LT's you've seen, this thralls bones are completely black as if it had been burnt.

The alley has plenty of refuse and some large metal containers to hide behind, thankfully it is small though, ten feet wide and about eighty feet deep.

Perception 20:

An odd lantern swings on its side, a strange green glow surrounds it despite all of its shutters being shut. Runic symbols cover its entire surface and as to why this LT has it, you have no idea.


Aelessaer

Bera continues to watch you and despite her injuries appears to be ready to move when you are, but its obvious by the look in the creatures goat like eyes that it is scared. Its weapon, despite looking fragile, is still holding up and none of the corpses move around you. The lights in the hallway, on the panel and the small room though dim momentarily before lighting up once more. Whatever it was you activated looks like it could lose power at anytime.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Waiting


Leon and Aurora

Leons slash indeed causes major damage to the thrall and as it thrashed against the post your wife's opponent brings its fist back. Steam spraying out of its back as it too tries to land a powerful punch against the agile Aurora.

M1 Building Steam 1d4 ⇒ 3

M1 - Str Check to Break Free1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

M3 - STEAM SLAM! 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6) = 14

The thralls fist catches Aurora in the right side and the strike is so powerful that she is lifted off the ground, the wind is knocked out of her and several ribs crack. For Aurora the world starts to spin and despite her abilities she starts to feint as the shock of her injuries threatened to overwhelm her senses...

You've received massive damage please roll a Fort Save DC15 or be reduced to -1

Back to you Leon and Aurora!

Enemy Stats:

Tralls
HP

M1 - 9/26
M2 - Destroyed by Leon
M3 - 22/26

AC 21
F +1, R +3, W+4

Necrotech

Hp 31/52
AC 23
F+6, R+3, W +11


fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10Oohhh....


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Ok got to make sure this counts.... Hero point plus 8
Attack:1d20 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 8 = 22
Damage:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Acrobatics to move through an enemy's space:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Leon upon seeing his wife fall lets out a yell of defiance as he beheaded the thrall in front of him. As it falls he runs up the body and does a front flip over the last thrall landing between it and his wife.

Effectively standing in Aurora's space which if I remember correctly is allowed


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]
DM Corerue wrote:

Aelessaer

Bera continues to watch you and despite her injuries appears to be ready to move when you are, but its obvious by the look in the creatures goat like eyes that it is scared. Its weapon, despite looking fragile, is still holding up and none of the corpses move around you. The lights in the hallway, on the panel and the small room though dim momentarily before lighting up once more. Whatever it was you activated looks like it could lose power at anytime.

I begin searching the small room which the creatures came from

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
As I search I talk to Bera: We can try that other corridor as well, maybe get out in the open and see where we are.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Having seen first hand the kind of terrible death and destruction a troop of Thralls can cause, Diyeana has no intention of allowing this group to pass and live to threaten more innocent civilians and unprepared MPs.

Smiling gently but also teasingly she puts a hand on Joey's shoulder while sliding partially out from behind him. As she does, she whispers in his ear "Hey my knight in shining armor, while I sure appreciate your chivalry darlin' butham'- a biggirl and can take care of my self."

Looking up at the top of the alley, she grins even more and continues. "You got any monkey in you honey?"

DM C, are the walls climbable and how tall are the buildings on either side? Her is to, if possible, climb a roof and snipe fro there


Di: The walls are regular masonry and require a DC 20 climb check to scale.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

How high are they? What if she got a boost from Joey, and then helped him climb up after her? Or used a rope and grapple?


Female Tabaxi Ranger/ Barbarian 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style/ Invulnerable Rager)

As the deadly dance continues, Mirrianissa slashes at the nearest of her opponents, her claws sliding off the metal armoring of the horrible monster as the other two close in.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Diyeana Stormwin wrote:
How high are they? What if she got a boost from Joey, and then helped him climb up after her? Or used a rope and grapple?

the masonry walls of both buildings are roughly two stories, 20ft tall roughly. Joey could give you a boost and cut your climb in half but stealth check will be needed to avoid gaining attention. If you have a that would work too. :) joey however has only a tool belt, a big wrench and his good looks to aid him. :D


Leon Cross wrote:

Ok got to make sure this counts.... Hero point plus 8

Attack:1d20+8+8
Damage:1d8+8
Acrobatics to move through an enemy's space:1d20+18

Leon upon seeing his wife fall lets out a yell of defiance as he beheaded the thrall in front of him. As it falls he runs up the body and does a front flip over the last thrall landing between it and his wife.

Effectively standing in Aurora's space which if I remember correctly is allowed

totally allowed, the only time it would be questionable is if she was bigger then you or you were smaller ;)

The Machinthrall, which had been raising its fist to strike Aurora instead punches upward as Leon leaps over its head and barely clears the low rough of the hall.

Building up! 1d4 ⇒ 1

AOO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

It puts a dent in the wooden floorboard and showers splinters down on its skull as its dead eyes continue to follow Leon. As Leon stands, protecting his wife from the thralls brutal fists, it unleashes two power punches at the Shadow Assassin...

Slam 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Slam 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Back to you Leon!


Mirrianissa wrote:

As the deadly dance continues, Mirrianissa slashes at the nearest of her opponents, her claws sliding off the metal armoring of the horrible monster as the other two close in.

1d20+8
1d6+2

1d20+8
1d6+2

Your opponent blocks your claws with its large armored arms and fists, causing you to do nothing more then rake uselessly at it. It's comrades though close and punch at you as well, one luckily slams you in the back with its fist...

moving thrall, one slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

moving thrall, one slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

the main one you've been fighting~
Slam 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Slam 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20well...

Leon easily weaves between the punches but faila to find an opening to land his own blow.


Stabilizing:1d20 ⇒ 19ok good


Donovan Lynch

You can attempt to sunder the lantern, i'm away from my materials but I will post the results of said shot if you perform it ;)

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

This nightmare doesn't move as quickly as you but it sports several runes on its blackened skull, many of which you haven't seen before. As the green flames in its eyes sockets snap up to stare malevolently at you it doesn't stop what it is doing and gives a low clicking hiss in response to your threat. It does however draw a long blade off its ancient belt and drags the tip across the floor of your ruined apartment. As the tip drags across the wooden floor small green flames emerge and start to burn slowly just as the lantern snaps open emitting an eerie light and producing a rippling effect in the air around it.

A quiet scream, no louder then a whisper emits from the man on the floor and several strange green tendrils rise from his skin. No more then a second after the screaming started one of the tendrils, which you somewhat recognize as a ghostly arm, is sucked into the lantern...

DM Only:

~Capture soul~ 1d4 ⇒ 2
Dragon Soul will save DC19 - Fail 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Cassian Vespertine wrote:

It's obviously some sort of code but what's the point of using it? I'll have another chance to decipher it when I reunite with their mistress.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20+9
Linguistics: 1d20+8

Cassian briefly considers the number generating crab and dragon as he makes his way down the cluttered labyrinth of back alleys; his sword drawn and tucked neatly behind his back in his right hand and his pistol in the other. He moves as quickly as possible, avoiding any unnecessary confrontation with enemies or needful allies that might slow him down in his attempt to get to the anti-aircraft cannons.

Perception: 1d20+3

DM only:
1d100 ⇒ 96

You were making decent progress through the back alley's, of which all were completely lifeless other then the rats that dove into their nests of trash and refuse as you approached. You had made a number of turns, ran down some narrow alleys and were sure you were getting very close to emerging near the dock and warehouses of Rennor when you noticed the air in front of you was rippling. Trying to react you try to slow down and start to slide as your boots land in some wet, slippery muck with a loud SPLORCH...

Reflex save DC 15 please~


Aelessaer

Other then the bodies, of which are armed with strange two headed flails of a mechanical nature. Both of which have a strange grip that clicks if you hold it too tightly. K-Engineering or Craft Weapons DC 15 - To Identify said weapons Both also carry gold symbols of what you saw on the wall just above and outside of this small room and a strange orb each, these orbs look much like the ones that provide lights in the hallways and the room you came out of but these are smaller, fitting easily into the palm of your hand. Each of which is glowing faintly, strangely the light within appears to be moving around and pulsing from time to time.

Besides the bodies and the still glowing panel. You find a loose panel in the roof of the small room that, once opened, reveals a tall shaft a little larger then the room and directly above said room you are searching. In the shaft there is a ladder leading upwards along with several massive metal cables and many metallic supports that surround the shaft as it fades quickly into darkness far above you. From your vantage point you can't make out exactly where the ladder may lead to, only that it heads upward for a long, long ways.

Bera sits quietly, pacing her breathing and grunting when she adjusts her position. It's obvious that, like you, she is unsure as to what you should or shouldn't do.

Items Found:

2x Strange Two-Headed Flails
2x Golden Symbols of ????.
2x Strange Orbs


Leon Cross

The Mechanithralls tubes start to jump and writhe as it builds the necessary pressure to strike out with its powerful Steam powered slam once more...

STEAM SLAM! 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

1d100 ⇒ 2

Luckily its fist goes wide and splinters part of a nearby wall instead of slamming into your chest as was intended. The thrall, however, recovers quickly and continues to doggedly come at you as it's master had commanded.

Behind you the sound of the slaves crying out for mercy or whimpering in fear continues unabated by the carnage between their jailors and the mysterious warriors that assail them.

Back to you Leon!


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Thankfully the allies were just as deserted as Cass had hoped. This fact, however, didn't lessen the white knuckled grip he had on his weapons as he charged his way through.

500, 1000, 2500, 3500, 6000... 6, 8, 12, 15, 22, 30. What's the pattern? Mentioned time earlier; could they know what's going on? They took it too casually, not even surprised. Very skilled fighters, both of them. Too skilled. Their Highness... Royalty. Why was she here? Why now? Her legs... Focus! The numbers: they're increasing albeit in a seemingly unnatural sequence. If I had some paper and a -

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"O! SHHHH!!!"

I feel like I deserve that fail. For some reason I felt compelled to mention his boots were unlaced earlier...


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Crit check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage:2d8 + 16 ⇒ (7, 4) + 16 = 27

Leon doesn't even hesitate as the Thrall's last attack goes wide. He ducks in under its guard and starts off with quick swipe to its torso causing steam and fliluids to spurt out of severed flesh and tubing. He pulls back quickly and finishes off the doomed thrall with a savage upward thrust which pierces the thralls lower jaw coming out of the top of its head. Leon roughly pulls the blade backwards ripping through the from of its face.

He drops to one knee and quickly pulls a potion from his pouch and tears the stopper off with fanged teeth. He gently tilts the vial into his love's mouth hoping the normally damaging liquid would quickly heal his beloved.

Inflict light wounds1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

Donovan's eyes took in the horrifying scene, but his mind moved like steel clockworks, cool and unemotional. Whatever fell magic this thing was working, it was of no consequence...all that mattered was that the unusual lantern seemed to be involved. That, and making the shot.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage roll: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Spoiler:
I'm going to respectfully suggest that since guns ignore armor in the first range increment, perhaps they should have some advantage against hardness at close range as well; otherwise, bullets won't penetrate anything.


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Adamantine Bullets - 61*.25 = 15.25gp or 15gp, 2sp & 5cp. Quick fix.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I shove the symbols, the orbs and a flail into my backpack, while talking to Bera: There's a ladder, heading high up there... We should probably try the other corridor first.

Then I remember the quality of my sash which I had forgotten in the chaos of battle: I can only do this once.

I place one hand on the clasp of my sash and the other on Bera'a shoulder, allowing a cool healing glow to wash over her.
cure light wounds from sash: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

OOC:
Cassian Vespertine wrote:
Adamantine Bullets - 61*.25 = 15.25gp or 15gp, 2sp & 5cp. Quick fix.

Yeah, thought of that (I have a few)...but from a realism standpoint (I know, I know...), ordinary bullets will go through a fair bit of stuff. Like, say, armor...which is why they have the touch attack rule. Doesn't make much sense that bullets will go through a breastplate if a guy is wearing it, but if you shoot at one hanging on the wall they bounce off.


Cassian Vespertine

You skid forward in a helpless, comical way and tense up as you ready yourself to slam into some-type of magic but instead your assaulted by the most pleasant of sensations. A strange warmth that runs down the length of your spine and leaves you breathless for a moment just as you come to a staggering stop.

Your boots grind on what appears to be a metal floor, as you look around you find yourself standing in an dust covered hallway, four dim orbs sit in the corners of the intersection you find yourself in. One hallway is blocked by the rippling you had just passed through, which still shows a ghostly image of alley way you had been standing in. The other three halls fade into darkness as the dim light from the corner set orbs doesn't extend much further then a few feet in every direction.

As you stand there gathering your thoughts, the orbs in the intersection and along the adjacent halls begin to brighten rapidly and in less then a couple of seconds they become blindingly bright. Followed by a shaking that nearly knocks you to the floor as the entire place you are standing in is struck by what seems to be an earthquake. As the shaking subsides a strange series of beeps starts to echo through the halls. "..-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / ..- -. -.- -. --- .-- -. / .- -. --- -- .- .-.. -.-- / -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / -... .-. . .- -.-. .... / -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / .-- .. -.. . / ... .... ..- - -.. --- .-- -. / .. -. / . ..-. ..-. . -.-. - --..-- / .-. . ... . .-. ...- . / .--. --- .-- . .-. / ..-. .- .. .-.. .. -. --. .-.-.- / - . -.-. .... -. .. -.-. .. .- -. ... / -. . . -.. . -.. / .. -. / .- .-. . .- / ....- ....- -.-. .---- / - --- / .. -. .. - .. .- - . / .-. . .--. .- .. .-. ... / -... . ..-. --- .-. . / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / .-- .. -.. . / -.. . -.-. --- -. - .- -- .. -. .- - .. --- -. / .. ... / . -. --. .- --. . -.. .-.-.-"

DM Only:

WARNING! WARNING! UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED! FACILITY BREACH DETECTED! Facility Wide Shutdown in effect, reserve power failing. Technicians needed in area 44c1 to initiate repairs before facility wide decontamination is engaged.

Perception DC 26 - To see if you actually see anything during the initial surge. Pick a direction as well. North is where the ripple is and the other ways are east, south and western halls.


Leon Cross

The thralls remain down, dead once more. At least for now. The mournful cries and panicked shouts of the slaves have died down as well and you find several sets of eyes staring at you in the dank dark underbelly of the ship. One person steps forward, his clerical vestments torn and disheveled, he adjusts a pair of broken glasses and looks at you both curiously. The man is young, tall and carries the thick heavy smell of herbs around him as he approaches to within a couple of paces. He's fairly young looking, in his mid to late teens and is quite smart as he keeps just enough distance between Leon and himself to ensure that Leon can't strike him easily.

"Lyonesse be praised! I never expected anyone to come fight the Cryxian's. Although it appears you've both been injured, um, is there any way I can help?" For as young as this man appears he is giving off waves of positive energy. Almost to the point that its sickening to be near him.

Aurora is back upto 3 Hp and can act normally, I thought about posting but I'd rather see her post. ;) She does however gain~ Moderate scar—cut on face (+1 bonus on Charisma-based skill checks for first scar only, consider subsequent cuts as a major scar) I don't mind handwaving the area in which the scar resides but as stated above the near death blow she received has left a lasting reminder as to the power of Cryxian Mechanithralls.

House Rule: As you all Know I enjoy the variant rules and Massive damage is an interesting one, but instantly killing a player isn't as fun IMO. So this alternate rule allows a character to survive a harrowing ordeal and gain something interesting (or debilitating) for surviving.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Sorry! Had kinda forgot that'd you'd already answered me. So, moving on!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

STATS:
Round 0, Init 26
AC 21, HP 38
Buffs: Balance Weapon, Long-Range Weapon
Special:
Grit: 4/5
Spells: Lv1: 3/4

Diyeana grins at Joey's confused expression when she asks about having monkey in his blood. Her grin gets even wider as she spies the odd lantern swinging from the Lieutenant's hand. A plan quicker forming in her mind, she reaches her hand into her magical haversack. Besides her guns, the sack was one of her most prized possessions. Magical items were rare in these times and this sack was, in her opinions, one of the finest creations ever made. As dabbler in magic herself, it's existence and function fascinated her even further. The bag was far bigger on the inside than the outside, and always weighed exactly the same, no matter how much was put inside of it. Having the bag allowed her to be prepared for almost any situation but still travel very light. She wasn't sure what's she'd do without it. It had come at a dear price in sweat and blood as well, but that was another story.

As she pulls out a grappling hook with a length of silk rope attached to it she whispers to Joey "Now sugar, I'm gonna climb up on this here roof and cause me some mischef with them damned thralls. No, no, I'll have no arguin' from you Mr.! I'm if careful enough, they won't even know where the bullets are coming from, but even if they do see me, they won't be able to get to me. Now I want you to give me a boost up this rope, watch where you put your hands though mind you!" she adds with a wink, delighting in the young mechanic's embarrassed blush.

"After I'm up, I want you to stay hidden in this alley and keep a watch out for me, cover my backside. Think you can handle that? You see any trouble though, you hightail it up this rope, and make sure to pull it up after you, or cut it. If any of them thralls should happen to on it when you do, I won't be cryin' for them too long."

Then, with her expert aim and eye, the gunslinger tosses the hook up onto the roof, snagging it with her first try. Tugging it to make sure it's secure, she has Joey give her a boost and she quickly climbs the rest of the way up. Once on the roof she drops flat and belly crawls her way over to the edge facing the street, peeking over at the thralls that have passed by. Taking out her rifle again she finds the ideal sniping spot and sets her self up, grinning to herself 'Why, this is just like Longgunner basic training! 'Cept more fun!'

Once settled, with the patience of a hunter she tracks her target as it gets farther and farther away. Unless it seems as if they are going to turn a corner, she let's them get as far as possible, at least 100' or so. Unloading the cartridge from her rifle she replaces it with one of her few adamantium ones. She then whispers two cantrips and finally, taking out a wand, she borrows a trick from an old sniper in the forces she had grown close with and casts silence on her weapon. Finally ready, she again sites down the weapon. She had been tracking the lieutenant himself, but moving her rifle infinitesimally, she tracks down to the lantern instead. Taking a breath and holding it, as she had been trained to do, she gently squeezes the trigger.

As the bullet smacks satisfyingly into the strange lantern she is already reloading in a flash and changing targets, this time aiming for the odd black boned lieutenant's head as she fires once again.

Would being up on the roof give bonus' for attacking from higher ground?

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
UMD wand cast SilenceDC20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 i'm assuming since she's not in rounds yet she can do it till she succeeds?

Surprise Attack vs Lantern w/adamantium bullet: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage with Adamantium bullet: 1d10 ⇒ 1 Blah! Bonus for adamantium??

Initiative(?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Round 1(?) attack vs lieutenant at Touch AC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 - 20 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 20 = -9 Not including bonus' for distance, height and /prone/cover/concealment. I actually don't get the -20 at all. So, what, even using a silent bow & arrow (or silenced rifle!!) after she shoots, she stands up and starts yelling and hollering "I'm here! I'm here! I'm over here!!" I mean, minus TWENTY??

ACTIONS:

-Stealth while prone and cover? (don't know the bonus, didn't include it.)
-Use wand of Silence
-Surprise Round, ranged Damage on object-Lantern

-1st Round(?),
-Swift action, use deadeye class trait and 1 Grit point to increase damage by Rranged atatck @ lieutenant
-FRA, ranged atatck @ lieutenant
-Move, Stealth


Donovan Lynch

Your pistol shot grazes the strange lantern and all of a sudden the thing slaps its hood back shut and ceases to glow. the large Warrior thrall stands full with a hiss of outrage and brings its weapon to bear against you, stomping its way over the bodies of the fallen Dragons as it tries to reach you. Because of its heavy armor though it only succeeds in reaching your bed and clambers up onto it.

1d100 ⇒ 92

As it stands fully on your bed the poor frame can't take the weight of the heavily armored thrall and collapses. Sadly though it just snaps and falls to the floor and the thrall doesn't even appear to notice it as it stares down at you balefully with the lantern in its left hand and its long blade in its right burning with a necrotite green flame.


Aelessaer

Bera shudders as the cool healing magic washes over her and just as quickly as it had began it passes, leaving Bera looking almost fully healed. She stands quickly and looks to the panel in the ceiling and bah's at it quietly. "Wat is latter?" She follows this by nodding in agreement with continuing to search the other corridor. "Fire keep sahde away, how long does fire last?" she points at your glowing sash, the curiosity is easily seen on her strange goatlike muzzle and her ears twitch and swivel about in a very animal like way.

Before your able to respond the orbs in the hallway begin to brighten rapidly and in less then a couple of seconds they become blindingly bright once more. Like before this is followed by a powerful shaking except this time your nearly knocked to the floor as the entire place you is struck by what seems to be an earthquake. As the shaking subsides a strange series of beeps starts to echo through the hall. "..-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. / ..- -. -.- -. --- .-- -. / .- -. --- -- .- .-.. -.-- / -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / -... .-. . .- -.-. .... / -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / .-- .. -.. . / ... .... ..- - -.. --- .-- -. / .. -. / . ..-. ..-. . -.-. - --..-- / .-. . ... . .-. ...- . / .--. --- .-- . .-. / ..-. .- .. .-.. .. -. --. .-.-.- / - . -.-. .... -. .. -.-. .. .- -. ... / -. . . -.. . -.. / .. -. / .- .-. . .- / ....- ....- -.-. .---- / - --- / .. -. .. - .. .- - . / .-. . .--. .- .. .-. ... / -... . ..-. --- .-. . / ..-. .- -.-. .. .-.. .. - -.-- / .-- .. -.. . / -.. . -.-. --- -. - .- -- .. -. .- - .. --- -. / .. ... / . -. --. .- --. . -.. .-.-.-"

DM Only:

WARNING! WARNING! UNKNOWN ANOMALY DETECTED! FACILITY BREACH DETECTED! Facility Wide Shutdown in effect, reserve power failing. Technicians needed in area 44c1 to initiate repairs before facility wide decontamination is engaged.


UMD activating inflict light wounds1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 181d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 191d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 191d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Heal1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

total is 17 hp

Aurora gasps as the negative energy rejuvenates her body healing most of the damage from the thrall, but it leaves a nice sized scar where the thralls punch had landed. Right between her breasts which she was none to pleased about. Its at this point that she notices the human(?) cleric approach. She notices how he stands back a bit, but when she notices the carnage Leon had caused to the thralls she understood why.

Sense Motive1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 just to see if his offer is sincer

"If you can fight then you might be able to help, but your healing wont help us. She says as she notices the overwhelming aura of positive energy the child has.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Leon nearly hisses at the man as he approaches both in his worry over Aurora and at the sickening waves of positive energy coming from him. "What is it you want holy man? Do you want others to fight your and protect you? I'm sure it must have been horrible to with there and do nothing while your fellow hmans were turned into this." He says with a sneer as he kicks the fallen thrall for emphasis. "Now there's still a necrotech out there who'd gladly kill us so if you don't mind I'm going to kill him first." He says as he holds his katana in one hand and draws a pair of wicked looking throwing knives in the other and prepares to head out.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I nod encouraginly to Bera, The light will shine as long as we want it to but that is all the healing until it spends a night under the starry skies. It is blessed by Desna and...
Suddenly, the shaking hits and the flashing and beeping silences my ramblings.
When the quake subsides, I grab Bera by the arm and lead her down the corridor, toward the other passage we have yet to take: C'mon Bera, we need to get out of here!


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (Rats! Not a 20)

Cassian bashfully holsters his pistol and dusts himself off, appreciative of the fact that no one had witnessed his folly. That is to say: no one he's seen thus far. "You tricky bastards," he muses aloud as he looks at the hazy reflection of Rennor's backstreets from the mysterious hub he's found himself in. He shields his eyes with his arm as the bulbs reach their brightest and stands blinking away the remains as the cacophonous ratcheting of Thrall Speech pours down the surrounding halls.

"Suppose I can make myself just as useful here in the den of the beast." Reaching into his finely stitched cream leather coat he removes a walnut sized gem of glossy marble stone. He squeezes it tightly in his fist and releases it into the atmosphere. The Ioun Torch breaths out an intermittent glow as it rises a foot above his head and sets in orbit, steadily growing stronger in speed and brightness. Before moving any further, he bends to a knee and tightens the many buckles of his boots to steady his ankles and physical stability.

Assuming that is an exit, I imagine the corridors next to it lead to similar portals leaving the one opposite to take me deeper inside whatever vessel or structure this is.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 (on my surroundings)
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 (on my surroundings if engineering doesn't apply)

With his mithral sword drawn, Cassian makes his way down the South hall. His Ioun Torch encircling his head like a halo.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Leon and Aurora Cross

He looks at your injuries with a sad expression. "My apologies for being unable to help you miss."

At Leons taunt, the man looks at the corpse in the hallway with sad eyes. "There wasn't much I could do chained to that wall and I destroyed one of them when it tried to take me first. That thing wanted me to watch..." He shudders before looking back at the pair of you. "Be careful that abomination isn't the only creature on-baord this airship. There is a Warwitch as well and she is by far worse then these creatures here. I will free the people here and get them out somehow while you do what you have to."

251 to 300 of 1,442 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea - Main All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.