Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea

Game Master Corerue

Battle at the lift

Crosses vs


151 to 200 of 1,393 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Leon raises his hand and quickly moves his fingers through a series of intricate moves.

Sounds like 6 thralls possibly more working on repairs to the engine. Shadows first then strike hard and catch them unawares.

He signs to her and waits for her to pull out her wand.


Aurora's gaze sweeps about her surroundings landing back on Leon's face. Studying his every facial feature as if searching for any signs of worry. She gives a quick and cautious nod as she reaches into a secured pouch and pulls a thin wand from it. She quietly activates it droping a globe of darkness over both herself and Leon.
UMD wand of darkness:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

After you. She signs as she replaces the wand and reforms her sai.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Leon looks slowly over the hole trying to pick out the best target before attacking.

Stealth:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Acrobatics:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

After finding the closest thrall he leaps from the opening hoping to land next to it. As soon as he lands his sword his swinging.

attack 2handed:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15hoping to catch it in a surprise round...
damage:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 ⇒ 11d6 is if surprise...


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6
DM Corerue wrote:

Diyeana Stormwin

Smitty rolls his eyes as he takes some of your words for sarcasm and completely misses the musing look that crossed your face when you were thinking about his apprentice. "I owe your family to watch out for ya dam&&t, as for good old Betsy she ain't gonna protect you from clubs and grabby hands in the dark girl. You've gotta eat and sleep sometime and it don't take much to take advantage of that..." He grimaces for a moment as a dark expression crosses his face, finally he sighed and shook his head mumbling. "Too old for this sh%^..."

Looking back at you he rubbed his chin and looked around his scrap yard thoughtfully. "I will see what I can do to dig up more information about whats going on between the nations, more then what they will be willing to share with the public anyways. In the mean time I have a venture for you and whoever else you can round up as well. The Vigilant sank a number of Rakers off the coast and at the moment the other Salvagers haven't taken advantage of that. So I means to beat those bastards too it and if we get lucky the payout may be greater then we imagined, just one catch though. The wrecks went down out in open water, so unless the military is present we're on our bloody own, so come armed and ready Missie!." He smiles roguishly and opens his arms wide. "That is if your woman enough to lower yourself to salvaging with an old Sod and his apprentice. If not I'm sure you'll find something else to keep your interest."

As the old mechanic gets even more cranky in his concern for her, Diyeana's smile only gets wider. As he finishes, with a genuine smile and a twinkle in her eye she jumps up, leans over and gives him a kissing on the cheek, gushing "Why Smitty! You do care! You know, you keep it up and I may just show you the level of my appreciation some day!" her wink gently taking the seriousness out of her last comment.

Then then begins to wander around a bit, hand on her chin as she thinks out loud "Hmmm, salvage eh? And a 'payout greater'n we can imagine'? Well, I'll tell you true my hero, my daddy's favourite little girl can imagine a whole heap of a lot. And I'ahm quite sure salvage isn't quite exactly what my illustrious 'Captain to be' had in mind...but...well, you ain't never steered me wrong so far Smitty...exceptin o' course that one time with them Qin smuggles what didn't seem to have no sense o' humour." she smiles fondly while fingering a small scar on her chin.

"But, dang it all, while it sounds a mite borin', less o' course we get lucky enough to run into some Cryxians, I trust you Smitty, so if you reckon it'll be a good payoff, I'm in. And I'm sure I'll be able to round up a few heartys ta help us out as well. So, what time should I bring them back here to you, boss." she tosses over her shoulder as she begins to make her way out, this time using the door.

So what time would it be by the time she's finished with Smitty Corerue, and how long would that be before the attack on Rennor?


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I'm not a warrior, I'm a survivor with some dead pirate's stuff.

I have no ranged attacks and no tricks up my sleeve: I ready an action to hit the creatures when they come near.

My mind races in the few free seconds I have: So, I'm on a ship or something and it's been broken because of these monsters, which means the magic trapping me goes wrong and I wake up? Now What?


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

Num-Rah doesn't take his eyes off the warrior who sneered at the pup, but nonetheless he replies to the Tanya. "The honor lies not in strength, but in knowledge when to apply that strength and against what... or whom. Strength by itself is no more than a tool; strength without honor is a danger, both to itself and to others. Blade is wielded by strength, but it must be guided by honor, and honor must be supported by discipline. Such is the way of our caste. But some tend to forget that. If they insist in flaunting their forgetfulness, they will be reminded." He finally takes his eyes off Galsah and turns to her. "I hope that is answer enough for you, Tanya. I am a warrior, not a wordsmith. May I have the honor of your name?", he asks.


Aelessaer:

Round 1!

Initiative
Bera - 17
Aelessaer - 13
Soulless - 7

The Soulless came charging at the pair of you, funneled by the restriction of the door way but nonetheless having the ability to support each other against the pair of you. But as their claws failed to find purchase on either of you, you responded in kind and tore into your opponents rending their rotting flesh from their bones and staggering them. Sadly though the remained standing, glaring daggers a with their jaundiced eyes and shrieking their hate for you as they fought on.

Soulless AC = 12
Soulless Attacking *Bera* 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
Soulless Attacking *Aelessaer* 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Bera's Readied Action - Attack w/Macuahuitl 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Ael's -Radied Action - Attack w/Rapier 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Bera Confirm? - Fail 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Ael Confirm - Succeed 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Macuahuitl Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rapier Critical Damage 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 6 = 17

Bera's second strike was knocked aside by her opponent as she bawled in its face and whipped her horns at it menacingly. As you stand next to her your opponent looks ready to collapse, apparently your blade had tore into it a critical part of it and it was having trouble functioning.

Bera's Readied Action - Attack w/Macuahuitl 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Aelessaer your up!

Soulless Stats - Everyone may use this!:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 22
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5

Current Hp~

15/22
3/20
19/19
20/20


Donovan Lynch

Linguistics - Donovan:

sadly no you can't roll it untrained sorry bud. =/

K: Local:

You've seen these thugs before, along with others, especially since street fights weren't uncommon in the immigrant district. The MP's that regularly patrol the districts are unable to keep up with the street gangs. Also from your time in the district the Street gangs seem to know the patrols usual routes as they always appear to be able to avoid the MP's.

Perception:

You don't know anything unusual about the gang or Chatty. Other then how quickly the thugs responded to him. As you know the gangs are ran by strength alone and changes in leadership are common. So Chatty is high ranking.

The MP's arrive late as usual, a squad of about a ten men round the corner with billy clubs out. The pause as what the scene before them wasn't what they were expecting, the CO glares down at Donovan before waving for some of his men to head down the alleyways up ahead. As the eight men storm, splitting up into two groups as they took separate alley's in pursuit, their CO approaches sliding his billy club back into his belt loop.

"We heard shots, can someone tell us whats going on here?" He waved for the last man in his squad to come forward, who apparently was a medic. As the Medic worked on trying to talk to the Qinite and worked on applying a cold compress to some of his more visible bruising.


Diyeana Stormwin

Smitty shakes his head. "Ye gods, you are a bloody tease. As for your Captain's feelings, beggars can't be choosers. He'll be my age before they make him captain and he'd be lucky if he ever made admiral. If he isn't a Cygnian like you..." Both of you flinch as another small explosion rocks the massive hanger, the explosion sends a massive plume of smoke up into the air along with raining parts of the sheet metal roof down into the salvage yard. Joey emerges, looking a little worse for wear, and shouts. "Secondary rotary arm just gave out, lost the secondary condenser along with it. Check salvage area eight, I have some spares stashed there Boss!" With that Joey disappeared back into the hanger again.

Smitty shook his head and turned toward the rows of salvaged parts. "Round up your boys, we leave before sun up. I was going to say tonight but it'll take time to repair the engine..." He turns and and starts jogging off towards the rows of semi-neatly stacked parts while continuing to shout over his shoulder. "Tell your hearties to be ready, bring plenty of ammo ya gonna need it!"

The attack on Rennor happens just before Sun-Up. ;)


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

what was the result of my attack?


Working on it Leon ;) Sorry for the wait. Baby has been very fussy today and he has the odd ability of crashing my laptop -.-;. Toddler = Anti-Technology Aura

Num-Rah

Galsah gives Num'Rah a withering look as he kneels down and wipes up his spit with a dirty cloth. The Tanya's eyes never leave yours as you speak and when you finished speaking she nodded ever so slightly. "You may call me Ta-Savi, the High Lord summoned me to serve as a translator and apparently a Teacher as well. For not being a Wordsmith, your words struck me as sincere and well thought out. It would be hard to refute such a statement." Galsah pauses and gives a quiet growl before rising to stand near his brother Selric.

Selric silenced his brother with a stern glance. "For once Galsah shut up and quite baring your teeth, or I will knock them out." Galsah loses his previously arrogant attitude and looks at the floor.

After a few minutes more of banter High Lord Kel enters the great hall from a set of massive double doors. As he strides into the chamber he takes in the four of you with a quick gaze before reaching the table. He nods to each of you in turn. "Greetings Blade Brothers, Ta-Savi and Tyil-Num'Rah. I have gathered you all here today for a mission of the utmost importance. One that cannot be entrusted to just any among the Beleghtor. Now please cast your eyes here before me." As he raises his massive paw the table swirls to life, an image forms of the city of Koolat and many of the farms and other ruins that dot the landscape. The map however is somewhat vague where the ruins intertwine in the deeper parts of Koolat. You know full well that the Tabaxi living within the city only live within a small percentage of he High Ones Ruins and that exploration of the city is greatly restricted because of the Guardians and other unknown dangers that lie within the ruins.

Kel indicates with his claw a particular ruin deep within the city, almost near the center of the ruins itself. "Under normal circumstances I would send a score or more of the Beleghtor to support a group of Tanya in the recover of artifacts but in this circumstance we must use more... discreet methods. Ta-Savi is one of the most familiar in the High Ones language. The Blade Brothers are known for their tenacity and prowess and Tyil-Num'rah has been selected because he is still proving his worth among the Beleghtor... Now it will take you days to travel across the ruins, you will be crossing difficult terrain so long as you stay above ground. There are alternate routes beneath the city but known of them have been properly mapped as their are several dangers that lurk beneath our feet."

He motions for someone to approach and suddenly a tall Tabaxi in battered heavy armor approached silently and set a strange looking skull on the table. After Kel waved them away he pushed the skull to the center of the table, the map vanishing as the odd skull disrupted it. the skull had an elongated muzzle which ended in a rough point of bone. A single row of teeth, apparently filed to points, line the top and bottom of the skull and what little skin there is on the creature is pulled back tightly and held back by wire laced along the base of its skull. A metal plate is riveted to the back side of its skull and a pair of dull grayed eyes stare emptily at the room around it sit, by the smell this thing died recently.

"This is but one nameless horror that lies beneath our feet in the underground ruins of our city." e waves his hand again and the armored figure moves and opens several of the windows that grace the hall. As the sunlight floods in the skull begins to his and what little skin the creature had begins to bubble the moment the suns light fell upon it. He lowered his hand and the windows were quickly shut. "The only reason these creatures haven't over run most of the ruins is because the light of our suns keeps them at bay." The armored Tabaxi wordlessly removed the skull and stepped back off into the shadows where he had emerged.

With the skull gone the map quickly reformed and Kel pointed once more to a vague building among the ruins. "This building we believe was a place of learning and training for the High Ones in the arts of war. Ta-Savi will help translate whatever texts you discover there and help identify which artifacts we are going to take with us before we depart. Your mission is to go and find parts to one of the great weapons that the High Ones used to slay their enemies in the time of Dark Sky. It is my hope that we find all of the pieces in this single ruin."

Ta-Savi shakes her head as she corrects High Lord Kel. "It is unlikely that we will, the High Ones had shown great wisdom in keeping pieces of their weapons separate. Most likely to prevent there enemies from turning their weapons against them."

Once she was finished High Lord Kel nodded in agreement. "Our Teacher is right, it seems that any weapon crafted with one or more pieces and stored separately until completed. That is why our recovery teams have had such a hard time locating what we need to build an arsenal of High One weapons, along with items lost in wars with the Gnoll, Flind and lost to Nomad raids... He sighed and shook his head and locked eyes with Num'rah as if to remind him of their conversation earlier. "To help alleviate the difficulty of transporting these items back here, you will be provided with items from the High Ones themselves." A door just across the hall opens and several Tabaxi females stride in carrying simple looking items. A intricately crafted backpack with feathers and odd symbols decorating its many pockets. The second item was a large burlap sack, no symbols and nothing special about it and the last item was extremely unsettling. It looked like a black cloth except that appeared as if the area around it, roughly a foot all around, was dimmer, colors were duller as if the item was drawing in the light around it.

"These three items can hold more then you can imagine, they were recovered recently as well from one of many of our dig sites. Each of them though has but one purpose. Storing items. Now what questions do you have?"


Leon & Aurora Cross

Amid the blazing heat and the unnatural flames of the necrotite engine the thralls worked furiously to restore one of the galleys engines to working condition. The skeletal thralls moved in an among the engines and used ladders to reach the spots they needed to work on. Then out of nowhere comes Leon Cross. He had waited for the right moment to strike and somehow he evaded the necrotite flames, that surrounded the blast hole in the galley's hull, and struck down one of the thralls with ease.

As the Thrall falls to pieces, dropping its tools to the ceiling turned floor, the other Thralls continue working furiously completely unphased by the loss of their comrade. Leon, being accustomed to the machinations of Cryx and their vast network of undead realized these were nothing more then Servitor thralls. Servitors had high resistances to the elements but were fragile to being struck, they also had little intelligence and required near constant supervision or they would mill about uselessly. Oddly though there was no controller visible in the room, just five more of the servitor thralls working on the engines.

A single door leads out of the engine room and a ladder sits alongside it leading to the now upside down deck. To reach the door you'd have to
climb up to it and currently it is wide open, revealing a dark hall beyond. Other then the Necrotic Flames their appears to be no other light sources in the room or hallway beyond.

Currently not in combat, the thralls do not fight back even when struck. Merely walking around you and working tirelessly on their task.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

"Just the usual ne'er-do-wells, up to their usual rubbish. There were a half-dozen of them; I fired a warning shot and they rabbited. If you do a quick sweep you might round up a few." Donovan will describe them as best he can, particularly the one who spoke...he'll also add, "If that one just happened to stop a shot resisting arrest, I think it'd be better for the decent folk around here."

Spoiler:
Assuming they don't have any problem with me leaving, I'll head home, make some dinner, and hit the sack.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Ok, question, would Diyeana have had time to finish her convo with Smitty and head back to find Cassian, and perhaps DOnovan, possibly at the tavern? If yes, do we want to RP her convincing them to join with her? Or just say that they did and plan to all meet up at Smitty's in the morning. Just thinking it might not matter, as it seems, with the attack, that they won't get the chance to do that anyway.

Also, if it's ok with you Corerue, I'd like to say that Diyena went to stay the night at an extended family member's place. Possibly one of the ones in the military?


Thats fine Diyeana, I don't mind when you guys ad-lib your characters and such. In fact I enjoy what everyone has come up with so far. ;)


Cassian Vespertine;

Thralls Ini 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Inn Guest Ini 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Initiative
Thralls - 25
Cassian - 13
Inn Guests - 4

Thrall Tactics:

Normally thrall warriors fight much like living soldiers would, if they have a lieutenant among them they fight even better then living forces do. Mainly because they don't suffer the bane of emotions, no hesitation, no guilt, only a firm resolve to fulfill their orders. Yet from what you see they appear to be fighting madly, attacking everything and anything, which is very unlike Cryxian Thralls.

One thing you do know is that if the Lieutenant is taken out the other thralls might be confused just long enough to take them out quickly.

Cassian indeed catches the Thrall by surprise and quickly trips the foul abomination, driving its armored body to the floor. It recovers quickly however and its brethren appear to be trying to over power the rest of the common room. The barkeep take a rusted scimitar stab in the side as he recovers his musket from above the mantle on top of his bar. A finely dressed woman is brutally cut down before her husband is able to draw his pistol and shoot the oncoming thrall. Another finely dressed woman fairs much better as she appears to be escorted by a pair of darkly dressed men who appear to be very strong hand to hand fighters. In fact between the two of them they bust a thrall apart the moment it steps in ranges, literally cracking its metal armor with just their fists and kicks.

The patron you helped, a tall Cygnian wearing semi-formal clothing, recovers and draws a hand axe and musket pistol. Other patrons appear to be fairing alright despite the chaos in the common room. The Lieutenant doesn't stand idle though surprisingly, he barrels into a small group of patrons and hacks one man down with its large greataxe, before the man even hits the floor the abomination tears into the other two in the mans party dropping a second victim and leaving the third badly injured.

The one you tripped however tries to rise and is met with a quick trike from you and a well placed slash from its former victim. Between the two of you you successfully overpower and destroy the the thrall for good. The man merely nods to you, seeming ready to follow your lead and understanding there was no time for words.

Thrall Warrior and Lieutenant Stats:

Thrall Warrior
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 4
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Weapons - Heavy Mace, Longsword or battleaxe

Thrall Lieutenant
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 18
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Waepons - Greatsword [ dice]2d6+1[ dice]

Cassian you are up. My maps are still MIA so we are just going to free-form this through roleplay. The room is fairly open but their are fights going on in clusters, so any ranged attack will be subject to negatives for firing into melee. You may also use the stats posted above. I don't mind you using them to determine if you hit/miss/damage/ or kill your opponent. It there to help speed things along, especially with how tied up i've been this helps eliminate some work on my end ;)


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Ok cool, so she'll be crashing at some family members pad, thanks! :) But I still need to know about the timing, and if she got to speak to Cassian before the morning attack or not?


No, by the time she had traveled to Smitties and back again Cassian would have been long gone and I don't think Diyeana knows where he sleeps normally. ;) I can be wrong of course.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I lash out again against my wounded foe.
attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Round 1, Initiative 13:

HP: 46/46
AC: 22; Touch 17; FF 15
CMD: 28 (30 v Trip)
Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +4
Speed: 30ft
Status:
Abilities: Acrobatic Dodge [7/day] (+14)
Equipped: Mithral Dueling Sword
Conditions:

Attack/Damage: BAB +4/-, STR +5/+5, Focus +1/-, Spec -/+2, Mwk +1/-, Expertise -1/+2 Dodge AC; Total: +10/+7 and +2 Dodge AC

Cassian returns a confident nod to the man.

Sh*t! So much for simply cutting a path out of this godforsaken place.

"Stay behind me. Kill anything that survives my attack and don't allow a single one to flank us," he coolly commands the patron as he pulls his sword out of the fallen thrall's chest and sets in motion against their leader.

If I Can Get to the Leader This Round:

The swordsman walks brazenly through the battlefield taking no time to avoid the viscera staining his boots as he closes in on his target. When the beastly thrall lashes out another attack on the survivor of his previous onslaught, his axe meets the mithral blade of a far more worthy adversary. Without time to recover from the block the sword is gone from the hook of the axe and coming down from above, spinning like a fan blade.

"RUN!" Cassian tells the wounded man as he sets himself into a defensive stance against the reeling Lieutenant.

Move: up to 30ft to a square adjacent to the LT. Standard: Attack

Otherwise:

The crowded tavern was a nightmare for most warriors to want to fight in; every step is a gamble. A new path would need to be cleared to make it to the leader of these monsters and Cassian had no reason to delay in making it. Slowly he begins twirling his sword over and over to keep it in constant motion as he moves towards the commanding thrall. When one of the subordinates foolishly steps into Cassian's way, it's head and left shoulder are separated from the rest of it's body in a flash.

"YOU! he screams at the leader. "YOU'RE NEXT!

Move: up to 30ft towards the LT. Standard: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Thanks for the stats Corerue. Do you mind putting the CMD in there also? I plan on using a lot of maneuvers. I'd say Diyeana and I know each other mostly through reputation at this point in their relationship; same as Donovan. I think that bit of floating trust makes for a more interesting way to get these characters to interact this early in the campaign. I'm open to change though.


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

"I have no questions, High Lord. I shall be guided by the Tanya's wisdom in seeking those relics. In this task, she should be our leader and I shall give any and every assistance she needs. We should be as one pride in this. The honor demands nothing less. I shall talk to my cub here. The task before us is dangerous, but I have no one to left him with. He should be a part of an effort to fight this new enemy, common to Tabaxy and Gnoll alike. It is his right."


Sorry for the wait Mirrinissia! Here we go!

As the last puppet falls, forever locked in deaths embrace, you find yourself caught between the oncoming Beleghtor and the Dark Ones minions. The Beleghtor Chief roars over the rattle of armor and the hissing of their awaiting enemy and as they close the gap they begin to spread out, forming a line two men deep and ten wide. The stop several yards short of their opponents and the men in the front rank ready their shields and place their blade point first in preparation to meet the enemy. As they do that however the Chief looks to you and bellows out. "Move aside Nomad! Second Rank, Fire!"

You barely have time to duck as the second rank of belegtor, all nine of them, aim over the shoulders of the men in front of them and fire with strangely decorated weapons, they are unlike a bow and even smaller then you've seen before but no less deadly as the small arrows they fire hammer in to the line of puppets. Sadly none of the puppets fall and as the Beleghtor start reloading the Puppets begin to charge!

The strange ones that were approaching are not in line with their comrades yet but now you can see them more clearly and they are beyond any horror you've ever seen. They emit a strange hissing like a fish that has cooked for too long, they appear to be a horrible amalgamation of metal and flesh. Each of them appear to have been a Tabaxi in life but they now their fur is stretched and burned. Where they guts should be are a series of tubes and several massive tubes run from out of their backs and into the massive metal that makes up their arms. From their elbows to their fist are a mass of metal and in a mockery of knuckles on their hands their are brutal spikes and the size of their hands makes it look like they'd be able to crush a gnolls head in each one.

As the puppets charge the Beleghtor hold their ground and don't appear to be phased by the other minions of the Dark One.

In the distance you see the Master directing several more puppets, shrieking at them to gather corpses and what appears to be living victims. Other then corpses, females and cubs were being dragged onboard their ship. Just as the Master turns his back though the farmer who had been hiding emerges with a spear in hand, intending to impale the master from behind. But, just as he steps out from under cover, a thunderous noise and a massive gout of fire erupt from the dark ones vessel both deafening and blinding you for a moment. As your eyes clear you find the charging puppets are nearly on top of you...

Using the same Initiative. six puppets incoming, three of these new larger abominations and another three behind them as well.


Num-Rah wrote:
"I have no questions, High Lord. I shall be guided by the Tanya's wisdom in seeking those relics. In this task, she should be our leader and I shall give any and every assistance she needs. We should be as one pride in this. The honor demands nothing less. I shall talk to my cub here. The task before us is dangerous, but I have no one to left him with. He should be a part of an effort to fight this new enemy, common to Tabaxy and Gnoll alike. It is his right."

Kel looks at your small cub and then back to you, an odd smile creeping across his muzzle. "If you think he will prove useful then by all means take him with you, as I am unsure if anyone would willing watch over your cub. As much as it displeases me to say. You are in good hands with Ta-Savi and it is my hope that you succeed. If not though I hope you return to us unharmed as we will need you all in the coming days." He turns to the armored Tabaxi and nods to them. "Tyil-Sha'cura will show you to barracks and crafthall Num-Rah. Their you can outfit your cub." Galsah pulls a face before Selric elbows him in the jaw. As Galsah reels back covering his busted lip Kel fixes the pair with a stern glance and Ta-Savi rolls her eyes. "Do not disappoint me Blade Brothers or this will be the last reclamation you go on."

Selric bows deeply, dragging his bleeding brother with him. "We will not fail you High Lord, on our life and honor."

Num-Rah:

Go ahead and out fit your cub with the wealth of a third level character, since you plan on making them a cohort at some point I thought this would be appropriate. ;) We'll continue when you are ready~ Sorry for teh slow start haven't DMed in quite sometime.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

I agree that Diyeana would not know Cassian well enough to know where he's staying. Upon not finding him at the tavern, she would have continued on to her own quarters at her relative's and turned in for an early night.


Aelessaer:

Initiative
Bera - 17
Aelessaer - 13
Soulless - 7

Your strike brings the creature down and as quickly as it falls the one behind it takes its place.

Bera's Attack w/Macuahuitl 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The battle continues to burn fiercely onward, both sides slashing and hacking bac and forth. Bera strikes her opponent hard but it still refused to fall, the abominations strike back. Their rags hang loosley from their bodies and the strange symbol that had decorated the door is visible on the chest of their ragged robes.

As they continue to shriek their doesn't appear to be anymore rushing out of the darkness. At least not yet...

soulless stats:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 22
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
Current Hp~

6/22
-4/20 - Destroyed by Ael
19/19
20/20


Diyeana Stormwin:

You were staying with your Aunt Teresa at her private estate and had a wonderful night of cuisine, good company and plenty of casual drinking. Whether you drank or not is up to you. ;) You were bedded down in one of the many guests rooms, with a personal valet waiting just outside, and were enjoying a peacful slumber when the air raid siren began. You're parents had loved to tell you stories of their careers and the long history of your family in Rennor. Never had you heard of the Air Raid sirens being sounded except in the time when Lord Rennors family was taken, just before the destruction of Blackwater and the beginning of the war with Cryx.

Luckily your aunts estate was located in a gated district and had a private defense force, which was paid for and maintained by the nobles that called this district home. As the siren woke you with a start your personal valet entered, her face a look of strict discipline despite the sweat that beaded her brow. "Apologies if I woke you, there seems to be an inconvenience in the city. Can I help you dress Milady?"


Leon and Aurora you still with us?

Mirrianissa?

I am sure its probably just having to do with the Memorial day weekend but if I did lose them I will have to change up the ball game.

Trying to get the pace up, I understand its glacial right now but until I am back at work home life is really rough timewise. I will however post whenever I can.


Donovan Lynch:

The CO flips open a note pad and starts jotting down notes, nodding as you explained what happened. Once he was done writing he looked back to you, a hard look in his eye. "We've been dealing with these gangs for awhile now, you should be careful from now on." He tears a piece of paper out of his notepad, apparently the same one he had been just writing on. "Thank you for helping these folks, few would and fewer would stand up to the gangs. Good luck." He walks over to the family and starts talking to his medic, leaving you standing there.

The Note:

Donovan Lynch, you've been officially reactivated. You've crossed the Dragons and they will retaliate tonight. Be prepared, sleep with one eye open and your finger on the trigger.

Q


reflex:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 ¿Qué será será? Using one hero point for +4

Aurora quickly vaults into the hole avoiding the flames as well and landing quietly beside her husband. "Are these servitors? Where is there controller? She quickly and quietly signs and casually throws a shadowblade into one of the thralls coming to the same decision that Leon had. They'd better not let this thrall finish there repairs.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

I'm not sure mi luna. I think we'd better go ask though. He says with a wicked grin as he kicks out at a thrall as it walks by and slices through its neck.

After the two finish off the remaining thrall they head up towards the hall.

Stealth:1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Perception:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Stealth1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Perception:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Cassian Vespertine:

Initiative
Thralls - 25
Cassian - 13
Inn Guests - 4

With all the fighting going on Cassian found himself unable to head straight for the Thrall Lieutenant and instead hacked down one of its underlings with a flash of his quicksilver blade. As the Thrall warrior crumbled his shout carried easily to the Lieutenant, who in turn buried his axe into the last patron and turned. It easily spotted Cassian striding towards it and rattled off several strange hissing and clicking words to its underlings.

The Thrall warriors passed only for a moment, their dead eyes turning to you for only the briefest of moments before they continued fighting the other patrons. Some of the patrons fought furiously, some were cut down and others still not involved in the fight struggled frantically to get out any way they could. A thunderous blast, followed by bits of bone flying across the room, tells you the bartender had succeed in getting a shot off. The woman and her bodyguards were still holding back and she had unfurled a fan, seeming all the world to be calm. She snapped her fan shut and angled it towards one of the thralls before reopening it again and shielding all but her eyes as her two bodyguards stood there.

The taller of the two, his head covered in tattoo's nodded toward the thrall. "five hundred, Thirty seconds."

The slightly shorter one laughed and raised his wrapped fists. "One thousand, twenty seconds."

The taller one laughed and took a seat, looking all the world to be at ease despite the chaos in the room. He watched as his comrade rushed towards the nearest thrall, breaking up the one sided melee as he introduced the thrall to his fists. The patrons that the Thrall had been fighting scattered as the man took it on alone, laughing as he deflected the thralls pathetic attacks.

With the way open the Thrall Lieutenant turns and faces you, spinning its greataxe menacing as its green fire filled its eye sockets as it stared you down. That was until a gunshot ricocheted off its shoulder and eliciting an angry shriek in response. The man following you lowers his pistol and eyes the creature warily. "Top right pocket, note for me mum. If'n I don't make it." With that the man flips around his single shot pistol and grips it by the barrel, while tightening his grip on his axe.

Your Move Cassian! >:)

Thrall Stats:

Thrall Warrior
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 4
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Weapons - Heavy Mace, Longsword or battleaxe

Thrall Lieutenant
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 18
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
Base Atk +2; CMB +4; CMD 16
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Waepons - Greatsword [ dice]2d6+1[ dice]


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

Assuming that BEra and I are side-by-side, I should be able to hit her foe without any problems. If not then this will be directed at the one straight ahead of me.

Seeking to quickly dispatch of Bera's foe, I aim for the wounded monstrosity.

attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Round 2, Initiative 13:

HP: 46/46
AC: 22; Touch 17; FF 15
CMD: 28 (30 v Trip)
Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +4
Speed: 30ft
Status:
Abilities: Acrobatic Dodge [7/day] (+14)
Equipped: Mithral Dueling Sword
Conditions:

Attack/Damage: BAB +4/-, STR +5/+5, Focus +1/-, Spec -/+2, Mwk +1/-, Expertise -1/+2 Dodge AC; Total: +10/+7 and +2 Dodge AC

The black blood of the thrall flooded the delicately engraved catchflies decorating the length of Cassian's preferred silver sword. The clustered flowers were mostly unnoticed until the blade struck a foe and their dams were welled. Their haunting picture materializes slowly in the color of it's enemy's blood.

Before pressing forward to engage the lieutenant, Cassian turns to face his new found follower and tells him without a hint of doubt in his sunburst-orange eyes, "Stay close to me and I promise you will read it to her yourself. Guard my flank and I will dispatch their leader."

He can't help but feel distracted by the mysterious woman and her companions, even as he takes deliberate steps towards his quarry. Their skill was nearly as impressive as their lighthearted approach to the situation. If it weren't for a status to ensure, he may have joined them for a round of whatever 'game' it seemed they were playing but alas the Cynians only rewarded the brave and glorious; that very promise obligated the foreign born soldier to stay and repel this attack.

Ducking beneath a wide axe swing, Cassian found himself close enough to the oversized thrall to see what would have been a living creatures most vital organs in full "function," pulsing and pumping whatever vile alchemical or magical disease that fueled their bodies throughout. He deflects a few attacks with his sword before sidestepping and landing a brutal slash across the beast's midsection.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 (identify the woman)
Knowledge (local*): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (identify the bald man's tattoos)

* My Knowledge (arcane/dungeoneering/history/local/nature/planes/religion) are all at a +7 so feel free to swap that to the appropriate check if Local isn't valid. Geography is a +8 and Engineering +9 if you need to modify.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

Reading the note, Donovan mutters, "Now just a bleeding minute..." He looks after the officer, but sees the other man is already paying him no heed. Never get very far arguing with brass anyway.... Besides, right at this moment, it might not be such a bad thing to have the weight of the Cygnaran military on his side, if he really was crosswise of some dangerous fellows.

Slowly walking back toward his rooming house, he considered his options. He could light out...if they knew where he slept, best way to avoid getting knifed was not to sleep there. But he'd never been the sort to run from a fight. Maybe it was a better idea to just have this out and get it over with.

Of course, since he knew his opponents wouldn't fight fair, there was no reason for him to. He grinned, and headed back to his quarters.

Spoiler:
All right, here is my defensive plan.

I'm assuming (reasonably, I think) that Donovan's place is a one-room flat, with a wood or coal stove (probably in one corner) for cooking and heat, a bed, a nightstand, a few chests and a wardrobe for his belongings, a table and a few chairs. Let's say he has one window, with wooden shutters, and an ordinary wooden door that locks. Sound reasonable?

Donovan's going to rig up a small arm (of wood or wire) to the door, and place the nightstand right by the door. On the table will be a thunderstone, positioned so that if the door opens, the arm will sweep the stone off onto the floor (where it will go BANG). Shouldn't take more than a hammer and a few nails.

He will wad up some extra bedding in his bed, to look as though he is sleeping there. He will be hunkered down in the corner by the woodstove; the stove will be going, and he will have a pot full of water on it at a simmer (he'll bank the coals to give the right heat).

The only light in the room will be a candle, on the nightstand by the door (positioned so the arm won't knock it). That should shed light near the doorway, but leave the rest of the room in relative shadow (there will be some small glow from the woodstove, I'd imagine. From his position, he should be able to see the door and the window. The window will be barred, but the door won't (will be locked, though).

If anyone enters by the door, the thunderstone should deafen and confuse them. If any of them have guns, Donovan will open fire. If any appear to be spellcasters, he will throw the open pot of boiling water at them. Otherwise, he'll probably move to melee.

If anyone forces the window, I'll decide how best to attack.

He will also tell his landlord that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is he to be disturbed before morning.

No booze with dinner tonight. :)

Stealth check": 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Perception check": 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6
DM Corerue wrote:

Diyeana Stormwin:

You were staying with your Aunt Teresa at her private estate and had a wonderful night of cuisine, good company and plenty of casual drinking. Whether you drank or not is up to you. ;) You were bedded down in one of the many guests rooms, with a personal valet waiting just outside, and were enjoying a peacful slumber when the air raid siren began. You're parents had loved to tell you stories of their careers and the long history of your family in Rennor. Never had you heard of the Air Raid sirens being sounded except in the time when Lord Rennors family was taken, just before the destruction of Blackwater and the beginning of the war with Cryx.

Luckily your aunts estate was located in a gated district and had a private defense force, which was paid for and maintained by the nobles that called this district home. As the siren woke you with a start your personal valet entered, her face a look of strict discipline despite the sweat that beaded her brow. "Apologies if I woke you, there seems to be an inconvenience in the city. Can I help you dress Milady?"

Diyeana absolutely adored her Aunt Tesa (Tesa being a pet name she called her Aunt stemming from her childhood when she had been unable to pronouce the full three syllables. The name had simply stuck since then, but her Aunt allowed no one else to mispronounce her name so. ) and her affections were returned in full. Aunt Tesa had always been a role model and mentor to Diyeana and they remained very close to this day. In fact, even though her aunt was not a blood relative-she had been married to Di's father's brother-other than her parents, there was no one in the world she loved or admired more.

Whenever she was in Rennor Aunt Tesa insisted she stay at the estate and Diyena was always happy to oblige. She was very much still a part of her Aunt's family and the room she slept in now had been set aside as her own personal room for as long as she could remember. Staying at her Aunt's was always a rousing good time and last night had been no exception. Knowing she had an early morning though Diyeana had partaken somewhat less than usual and so only had a slight headache this morn. As her valet entered Diyeana smiled and greeted her warmly. The woman was of an age with her aunt and had helped take care of Diyeana since before she could walk.

"I've told you a million times before Agnes, never apologies needed from you my dear, unless you don't invite me to your upcoming wedding!" as they both smile at their age old joke, Agnes being a happily confirmed 'old maid', the longgunner continues "I take it Auntie is already being seen to?" at the nod from Agnes Di then allows the older lady to help her dress.

"So, what do you think it could be Agnes? Surely not an actual Cryxian raid??"
"I am sure I couldn't properly say, milady. But no doubt Lady Stormwin shall know more."

Quickly dressed and ready, weapons and all, Diyeana takes note that Agnes already bears two pistols and blade herself. With a last check of her weapons being secure, Diyeana open her door and steps into the hall. And there, despite how quickly she had gotten ready with Anges' help, she finds her Aunt already dressed, ready and waiting for her. A determined but excited look in her eyes, her Aunt says to her with a grin "Took you long enough! I was about to leave without you so's to make sure I didn't miss all the fun!"

Shaking her head and laughing, Diyeana takes a moment to admire the older woman, amazed, as always, at how good she looked. For, despite being well into her 50s and being a widow for 20 or so of those years, Teresa looked like a woman a decade or more younger than her years. Back straight, breasts full, skin still soft and smooth, long silver hair pulled back in a tight bun and with intelligent grey eyes capable of tender love, steely determination or fiery wrath, no matter how you looked at it, her Aunt Tesa cut a very fine figure. Not to mention the two silver and pearl handled pistols attached to her thighs and the finely made magical rapier at her hip. It was clear to see how this woman had managed to keep the large estate not only running, but prospering all these years, all the while fighting off would be suitors and those who felt such a large estate couldn't, and shouldn't, be run by a woman. Plus last but not least, she was the only person Diyeana had ever met who was a better shot than she was. Diyeana's love amd respect for her knew no bounds.

Smiling widely, an echoing excitement beginning to rise in her own eyes, Diyeana asks her aunt "So what it it?? What's going on Aunt Tesa? Is it the Cryxians??"
"I don't rightly now myself darling" comes the calm, unconcerned yet somewhat eager reply "But what say we go find out for ourselves just what kind of trouble we can get in to?"

With grin and laugh Diyeana nods her eager assent. With a quick but tender embrace, the two firestorms begin heading for the main estate doors, their servants trailing in their wake, close behind.


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

So I guess I won't be seeing you guys at the defensive stronghold...


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

Bah...too late to edit. A few more things:

Spoiler:

1.) Figuring that they'll probably make their move around midnight or so, Donovan will use a charge from his Wand of Mage Armor at around 11 bells. If they show up early, oh well.

UMD check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
UMD check 2nd try: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

2.) Donovan will have his guisarme handy.

And nope, doesn't look like I'll be making it over there tonight. Having a private party at home. :)


Diyeana Stormwin:

As you approach the main doors the butler, Adrian, and a couple of, well equipped, staff members wait by the main doors. They open the doors just in time for you to gracefully sweep through, as you both step out onto the main foyer your aunt's staff follow closely behind. You stop short as three armored men come jogging up baring lanterns, an upright clenched fist emblazoned on their breastplates showing they were part of the Defense Force.
"Please stay in your Homes, the fighting is contained in the inner city for now. We are preparing to meet any and all threats with the greatest amount of force necessary to ensure your safe..."

A great whistling fills the air, followed by the sound of a whip crack as several hundred dragons pass over head. More then you had ever seen before coming from Dragonmount, even in the darkest part of the night the riders seem to shine like beacons of order and stability as they pass over the city and fly towards whatever trouble has befallen Rennor.

"Jarin tell command to ready Old Ironside, go quickly!" One of the DF men, Jarin, nods and jogs off into the dark, his lantern bobbing back and forth from the motion of his forward motion. "Marm I Repeat, stay in your home and bar your doors. Good night to you and yours." The CO and his remaining man turns and jog off into the dark, moving quickly to the next home down the block. In the dark you can see several more lantern lights moving around in the dark and several squads marching in the distance.

Aunt Agnes though isn't impressed and nods to Adrian. "Get me my rifle and wake the rest of the staff. I'm sure I can't convince you to stay Dear?" She asks Diyeana a small smile playing on her lips.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

So far this is a game I can really sink my teeth into. Also I still totally think you stole Asch's last name for Donovan's friend which is totally awesome.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Aunt Tesa, Agnes is Di's valet and one-time wet nurse ; )

Not thinking for a second that her take charge aunt would stay hidden like a rabbit in her home while others do her fighting for her, the gunslinger is completely unsurprised as her Aunt begins issuing battle orders to her staff. As she waits for her rifle she orders Adrian, Agnes and some of the older and less well martially trained members of her staff behind as well as some of her armsmen, planning on only taking four with her.

Trouble quickly ensues however as both Agnes and Adrian flatly refuse to be left behind. Diyeana wisely stays out of it. Voices begin to raise until finally Agnes virtually yells at her employer while pointing at Diyeana "I've helped raise this girl since she was in diapers and love her as dearly as if she were one of my own! So if you think I'll stay behind worryiung myself to death while you take her out there to likely get the both of you killed, well, you might as well just shoot me now, because you're not leaving here without me otherwise!"

Adiran, as fiercely protective of, and, all know, as deeply in love with his mistress Lady Stormwin as Agnes is of Diyeana nods his agreement to Agnes's proclamation.

Looking back and forth between her two rebellious servants, frustration and anger, with perhaps something akin to fondness and respect hiding somewhere behind her look, she finally throws up her hands and yells "Fine! But your deaths out there you stubborn fools shall be on your own heads, not mine!" then, while muttering about the complete lack of loyal and obedient servants heralding the collapse of civilization, she orders two more of her armsmen to remain behind instead. Meanwhile Anges and Adrian grin smugly at each other over their successful rebellion. Diyeana winks at her old nanny, but makes sure to do so behind Anuty Tessa's back.

Finally, rifle in hand and everything else in readiness, Lady Stormwin calls out loudly "Defend our home, but not at the cost of your lives! Take what you will, but if overrun, flee. All within are mere trinkets, your lives are priceless. I love you all, and will see you soon!"

Then to those going with her "Let's go show some fools the grave error of attacking Cygnians!" She then strides boldly forward, Diyeana and the other four close on her heels.

While her Aunt was giving orders Diyeana had taken the time to summon some minor magic to aid them all.

As they begin moving out, about to confront an unknown amount of invaders, with her rifle in hand and a big eager grin on her face, knowing she is about to fight for the first time alongside her hero, her Aunt, the wild gunslinger is perhaps happier than she's ever been.

Spells Cast:

On Everyone:
Balance Weapon
Long-Range Weapon

On herself:
Abundant Ammunition

She also casts Protection From Evil on Agbes and Adrian, whispering "Now stay safe you two! For now matter what Auntie says, I know she's never forgive herself if anything happened to either of you."

FYI, I have no intention of playing Aunt Tesa as a PC Corerue, I was just helping set her up as I saw her. She's all yours now, Diyeana is more than handful enough! ; )


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Twiddleing thumbs


Female Tabaxi Ranger/ Barbarian 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style/ Invulnerable Rager)

Seeing the Beleghtor set to recieve the charge of the oncoming monsters, Miri takes a risk, rushing headlong towards the oncoming enemy to dash past, slipping in between two of the charging puppets in a n attempt to get to the Master and those attempting to drag survivors to the ship.

Double move straight at the master, giving up AoO's. Here's hoping it doesn't get me killed.


Mirrinissa

Your charge towards the oncoming undead causes a shout of alarm to rise from the Beleghtor, who quickly counter charge into the oncoming abominations. You, surprisingly, pass through the puppets and the their three larger brethren's ranks without so much of a scratch, none of them take a single swipe at you. Its as if you were completely ignored until, you noticed some even ran around you when you approached. You then spot the second group of three large ones that had been approaching behind the charging mass of risen dead.

These three approach you lowly, each standing about ten feet apart and forty feet away. Behind them the master continues to have his remaining minions gather the dead and the living, herding them aboard their flying ship. The farmer is no where to be found now and the hut he had been hiding behind is a blasted ruin, unnatural green flames lick hungrily at the remnants of the building and its then you notice the Master looking down towards you. Its overly stretched face twisted in what appears to be a horrific smile. A voice not your own echoes in your mind, every word feels venomous and seems to ooze into your thoughts. {Youuuu haavve sppiirrit, buttt you'vvve losst morrrtal. Your childrrren arrre ourrs, your motherrrsss, yourrrr fatherrrs, YOUR ELLLDERRS! You exissstt tto sserve usss. Bowww or DIEEEE!!!!!!! The last words are followed by a shriek from the Master who points his staff at you and the three large abominations, with their large metal spiked covered fists and strange tubes coming out of their backs begin to advance on you.

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Leon and Aurora Cross

The thralls don't fight back and are destroyed in a matter of a minute, the last one even paused what it was doing and looked up expectantly at you before you crushed its rune covered skull. As the bothersome sound of the thralls working fades away Leon hears the cries of what could be the prisoners aboard the monstrous flesh galley. Quickly ascending the latter you come to the upside down hall of the ships lowest level and where they keep their prisoners caged.

Enemy Perception Checks
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

AS you peer over the edge of is now the bottom of the doorway you spot the cause of the prisoners anguish and the shocking discover of dozens of caged prisoners. All of which appear to be in grave condition from either poor treatment, the galley's violent rolling over or both. At the farthest end of the brig stands three Mechanithralls who are obediently following the direction of their controller, which is unsurprisingly a vile Necrotech. The Necrotech is having the Mechanithralls strip the skin off of an unfortunate slaves face as he shrieks and punishes those that resist or fight with his Necromantic magic. They stand nearly sixty feet away with several cages on either side, however their are alcove's every fifteen feet.

K- Arcana DC15:

The Necrotech is creating more Servitors, most likely to aid in the repairs of the Galley. Although this one is doing it in such a quick fashion that the Servitors he creates will be exactly like the ones you destroyed. Simple minded, slow and unable to fight back.

If you plan on using the Alcoves to move stealthily. Roll 3 perception checks for the Machnithralls +4, for each alcove you take. Your Fate is in your hands ;)


Aelessaer

Initiative
Bera - 17
Aelessaer - 13
Soulless - 7

Your strike elicits a shriek from Bera's opponent but doesn't fell it completely. It does however look as if it is about to fall apart at any moment, as bits of flesh are peeling off of it and revealing the fragile bones beneath.

Bera's Attack w/Macuahuitl 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ael Fort Save Vs Disease DC13 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Ael Fort Save Vs Paralysis DC13 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Damage Taken by Ael 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bera's strike though goes astray, sparking off the wall as her badly wounded opponent slaps her blade away in its made attempt to bite her. Your newest opponent however bites our are hard when you opened yourself up in assisting Bera and for a moment you feel queasy but the queasiness passes quickly as the adrenaline burning through your system banishes it away.

Your Turn Ael!

Soulless:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 22
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
Current Hp~
6/22
-4/20 - Destroyed by Ael
19/19
20/20


K checks:

In the quick glance you give the woman and her pair of strange guardians you notice that their apparel is Qinish in origin, her fan is eleaborately decorated in the swans and koi, a symbol you do not much recognize as belonging to any one clan in Qin. The Koi is also a symbol of royalty and good luck. Her bodyguards though bear the tattoos of different clans located in Qin. One bears Dragons that encircle his legs and arms, easily identifying him of the Dragon Clan of Qin. The Emperors personal supporters. While the other has symbols of the crab, which would make him of the Hyuga clan.

Usually the Dragon and the Crab would be rivals, refusing to work alongside each other but oddly enough this pair seem to enjoy what they are doing. The Woman is far too calm for what is going on around her and lounging in the corner of the common area.

The man steps in beside you, unable to get around the creature because of the clutter and tables in his way. He swings his Handaxe at it but fails to find purchase on the Thrall Lieutenant. Which hisses at him menacingly through its blackened jaw and turns towards the more lightly armored opponent..

In that short moment it was preoccupied Cassian slips in and strikes the Lieutenant with a devastating blow. It shrieks in outrage as Cassian’s blade had split some of its vile bones and it now was oozing a thick black ichor onto the common room floor. That didn’t, however, stop the LT from striking down Cassian’s newest comrade. In a brutal strike it buried its axe in the man’s shoulder, bringing him down in a single strike. Before he hit the floor though the thrall tore its axe out of his shoulder and tried to catch Cassian in a back handed swing!

As its axe whistles past you blink away some black liquid that is covering the edge of the blade.

SA: Attack Samuel Quinn w/Greataxe 1d20 ⇒ 18
Damage to Samuel Quinn 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Samuel Quinn @ -1/13 Hp - Unable to stabilize

Cleave: Attack Cassian W/Greataxe 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage to Cassian1d12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


I will catch up more tomorrow, bed time! Sorries >.<;!

151 to 200 of 1,393 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea - Main All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.