Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea

Game Master Corerue

Battle at the lift

Crosses vs


51 to 100 of 1,337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I nod to the creature and start examining the depression in the wall: it is the only clue I have to a possible way out.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Was there any result from Diyeana's Sense Motive and Knowledge(local) rolls Corerue? And sorry, hadn't realized that there had been someone else at Cassian's table when she sat down, you two ninja'd me while I was writing my post : P

Diyeana had stayed quiet throughout Talvin's conversation with Cassian. She knew of the small, quiet engineer, but her words this day were for Cassian alone. Smiling politely and saying her farewells to Talvin as the man leaves, once he's gone, she turns her full attention back to the attractive man before her. Taking her feet down she takes the offered drink into her hand and quaffs a deep draught. Making a small sigh of satisfaction when done, she then leans forward, allowing only the small smile on her lips to be the only indication of her pleasure at Cassian's earlier compliments.

"Well there we have it confirmed from tha engineer's mouth hisself. The Viligent will likely be sailing no more, or if she does, won't be for some time. I know you, just as well as I, are people of action, Vespertine, and shall not sit idly by waiting for our ship to be repaired while the war rages on around us. And as I said, I've been hankering to take the fight more directly to tha enemy, to any enemy of Cygnus."

She lowers her voice even more here and almost whispers her next words in the beautifully flowing language of the Free Cities "¿Está familiarizado con los corsarios de mi amigo? Ellos son más que simples piratas, pero en realidad secretamente trabajan para el gobierno de Cygnus, a propósito, sin enarbolar pabellón Cygnian para que puedan ir a lugares, y los enemigos de ataque, que un buque militar Cygnian no sería capaz de no, sin necesidad de iniciar otra guerra por lo menos. Por supuesto, si son capturados, están totalmente desautorizados por Cygnus y condenado a muerte como piratas y traidores."

Translation:

Are you familiar with the Privateers my friend? They are more than just pirates, but actually secretly work for the government of Cygnus, purposefully not flying the Cygnian flag so that they can go places, and attack foes, that a Cygnian military vessel would not be able to, not without starting another war at least. Of course, if they are ever caught, they are completely disavowed by Cygnus and put to death as pirates and traitors.

Grinning even wider now, obviously not daunted in the least by the possibility of traitor's death, she continues in a slightly more normal voice, speaking the common tongue once again. "So what say you? I have some contacts that should be able to ind us a berth on a just such a vessel. And perhaps, Fate willing, you might just find yourself as the Captain of such a vessel once again."


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

What do I know of Gnolls and Flinds? Since they are ancestral enemy of Tabaxy, I should at least know what is in Bestiary, right?


Female Tabaxi Ranger 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style)

Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

As the mother runs past Mirianissa leaps out of the tall grass wickedly slashing one of the pursuing puppets, the repulsive stench catching her by surprise up close, causing her to miss her swing.

AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]

The conversation shifted to business a bit quicker than Cassian had hoped but that was likely for the better. He lets Diyeana finish her proposal without interruption all the while chewing his lip in contemplation. “I am... errr quite familiar with the privateers actually, haha.” he laughs as he laces his fingers together behind his head and leans back in his chair. "Sin duda, si usted recuerda mi pasado explota un buen número de sus jefes también lo hará. Te voy a decir una cosa, seguir adelante y consultar con sus contactos para concertar una reunión para nosotros. Llévame a la negociación y no solo me uno a ustedes como su piloto, yo te haré llevar ingeniero de asedio y mi mano derecha en el mando personal. Independientemente de la posición que me dan, voy a hacer el capitán en cuestión de semanas. Eso, querida, es una promesa."

Free Cities:
“No doubt if you recall my past exploits a fair number of their commanders will as well. I'll tell you what, go ahead and consult with your contacts to arrange for us a meeting. Take me to the negotiation and not only will I join you as your pilot, I will make you lead siege engineer and my personal right hand in command. Regardless of the position I'm given, I'll make Captain in a matter of weeks. That, darling, is a promise.”

I used Google Translate since I don't actually speak Spanish but really admired Diyeana's post. If anyone actually speaks Spanish and the above is horribly misrepresented tell me and I'll just use spoilers. Again, just copied and pasted it. It could be the recipe for grilled cheese and I'd never know. Fingers crossed. :)


Remember that if your in a position to you can use take 10/20, I tend to forget about those options as well. :)

As you search the door you can't seem to find a way to open it and after several minutes of searching it you find another palm sized square depression, its very slight almost imperceptible. But its there and as you press your fingers against it you feel thesquare plate give slightly, as you pull your hand away the panel folds down and reveals a lever restrain by a retaining pin.

EMERGENCY RELEASE, REMOVE PIN AND ACTUATED LEVER TO RELEASE DOOR LOCK DOWN. WARNING: DOOR WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POWER IS NORMALIZED.

Before you get much farther the power surges again, except this time the room shudders along with the surging lights. Several of the tiny orbs fall from their alcoves, crashing to the floor as another alien message fills the air.

".-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. --..-- .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. - .... .-. . .- - -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. --..-- ... . -.-. - .. --- -. ...-- ...-- .---- .- . -..- - .-. . -- . -.-. .- ..- - .. --- -. .- -.. ...- .. ... . -.. "

GM only ;):

Warning, warning

Threat detected, section 331a

Extreme caution advised


Num-Rah wrote:

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5

What do I know of Gnolls and Flinds? Since they are ancestral enemy of Tabaxy, I should at least know what is in Bestiary, right?

Yes, you know everything in the bestiary about their society and such, along with what I posted about how they especially despise the Tabaxi. They don't differentiate between city dweller or nomads.


Female Tabaxi Ranger 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style)

And since I top Intitiative

Recovering swiftly Mirianissa whirls at the passing puppet pouncing on it with incredible agility, one claw grasping at it's throat while the other dug deep into the monster's gut, her body displaying amazing flexibility as she brought her feet up to raake the things lower back.

Despite her battle fury she restrained herself from using her teeth, loate to let any part of these stinking creatures into her mouth.

Pounce
Claw 1
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Claw 2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Rake
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"RUN!!" she screamed in Tabaxi, commanding the farmwife to flee as far as possible with her child.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Lol, Thanks. Google Translate works surprisingly well, so no worries, no grill cheese on the menu at present. Although sounds yum...; ) And now I just have to make sure that Di actually does have those contacts and info. DM?? And also, still curious what those original Sense Motive and Knowledge(local) rolls were for?

"Excellente" she answers simply, with a small smile.

Sense Motive DC10:

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

She is quite a bit more pleased with Cassian's answer than she is letting on

Spending a moment more looking at her soon to be venture partner, she finally pushes back her chair and stands all in one smooth, graceful motion. Picking up her rifle and using it to push up the brim of her hat, she says with a saucy grin "Captain." She then turns to leave but after a couple of steps, quickly turns her head to look back, catching the inevitable glance of her former tablemate at her still-shapely-even-through-her-longcoat posterior regions. Grinning even wider she adds "I assume I'll find you either on here or on the Viligent? If not, I'm sure I'll be able to track you down." And with that and a little flip or her coat tails, affording the briefest glimpse of the sought after spectacular view, she saunters out of the tavern. Once again, seemingly completely unaware of the stir her passage and sway, which has little to nothing due to having been aship for the past several weeks, makes.

Corerue:

Diyeana will immediately begin using what contacts and info she has to find whatever Privateers may be in town and looking to hire on crew.


Ninja 1/Shadow Assassin 4 (HP 37/37 AC 17, T 14, Flat 13 -F+3 R+10 W+8 Init +6/8; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Leon merely grins at the sight of the flesh galley, and at the cries of dismay from some of their allies. He unlimbers his shortbow and strings in in one deft movement an arrow nocked and ready. Though his swordhand itched for the feel of his katana, funny how its almost like the limb still felt yet it had been missing for nearly 20 years now replaced by a mechanical prosthetic. The doctors call it a "ghost limb" he just calls it a painful reminder.

He sets a pair of red tinged glasses to his face both shielding his light sensitive eyes from the harsh sun but to also hide the fake that they had drained of nearly all color leaving them cold and crystalline. He couldn't help but laugh at the prospect of retiring. "You might feel the weight of age and feel like settling down for retirement. But as long as there are Cryxians to kill, me and Aurora will keep killing them. Even if we have to get our own ship and continue the hunt."

He said to the Captain as he turned his gaze to his wife. "Are you ready luna de mi vida?" He asks as he places on hand on the small of her back. As he gazes alongside her at the rapidly approaching flesh galley.

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 (really?)

"Soon to be so," Cassian replies with a coy grin. "I've yet to find a reason to hide from you so your search, though flattering, would merely be a formality." Unabashed, he steals a modest glimpse of what the sniper has to offer as she exits the building, parting the crowd as she glides.

It is as if the wind itself carries her from place to place. Of all the elements, none hold the slightest degree of passion as wind and fire; such is Ms. Stormwin. A flame unrestricted by the binds of earth or gravity, free to drift upon listless channels to lazily and inadvertently beset wildfire.

When there is nothing left to watch Cassian returns his book to his lap and chews away the makeshift bookmark. The night was still young enough for something of marginal interest to occur. Besides the other patrons were just getting loosened up. So long as no one spilled anything on his reading material and the delightfully dodging barmaid was still ready to top him off at the flick of his fingers, Cassian was content to believe the evening would end well for him.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

Donovan chuckled at his old friend's observation. "You're a filthy old degenerate, Redgrave...but at least you're not blind." They shared a laugh, then swapped a few more stories about times past. Donovan kept half an ear and eye on Cassian's table, but the liquid tongue of the Free Cities washed right over his ears without comprehension. The most he could speak of that language were a few interesting curses, ron, and cerveza.

He did observe as the woman left though...observed in detail, and with considerable interest. That is a fine figure of a woman...

"I'm afraid I see another acquaintance I'd like to say hello to, Cedric. Keep your powder dry, mate." With a clap on the old man's shoulder, Donovan headed over to where the ex-pirate was sitting.

Perception DC 23:

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Cassian hears the soft tread of someone moving up behind him, and turns to see a tall man in a leather coat and peaked cap. Doffing his hat, Donovan's face twists in a wry smile. "Thought that was you I saw. Not many men as pretty as that bird I just saw you with, but do it proud. Mind if I sit down?" He waggles the bottle of rum as an inducement.

If Not...:
Dropping a heavy gloved hand onto Cassian's shoulder, he barked in his best street-copper voice. "All right, no sudden moves. You're under arrest." He took a moment to savor the look on the other man's face before smiling and saying, "Been a while, Vespertine. Good to see you're still on the side of the angels. How've you been keeping?"


donovan

Cedric throws his head back and gives a loud gaffaw at your comment. "I may be partially blind, one boot in the grave but I ain't dead!" At your comment though he eyes the pretty boy at the table and gives a low growl. "No problems there. Say hello to the lass for me when you meet her, will ya?"

Cedric leans against the bar and grabs up his other drink, the barkeep glares daggers at the old trenchers backside and ignores you entirely.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Sense Motive Cassian, Donovan you are free to check. ;):

The old looking trencher at the bar has casually his hand on his pistol, which is unlatched in the holster. He is looking in your direction, trying to appear to be casually observing the room and appears to be waiting for something to happen.


I am sneaking a post at work so it will be sporadic at best for the next 8 hours if any at all. Will catch up in the morning though. ;)


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

"The Flind are without honor - true. And they despise us with every fiber of their being. Them and their Demon Goddess. That is all true. But they are far from being stupid and they value strength above all. I would go and challenge their champion to a single combat, to prove myself. I would take the pup I rescued as proof of my intentions. They must be hurting more than us, since they don't have the legacy of High Ones to guide them and protect them. They should welcome this alliance. Of course, we should guard against their treachery, which will surely come - but for now, the honor demands we should at least try to unite the living against the dead."


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I remove the pin and grab the handle, then I turn and look at the goat-man, shouting over the noise in the room, I grin at him: Are you coming? Or would you rather stay here?

Then I yank the lever.


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]
Donovan's best street-copper voice wrote:
"All right, no sudden moves. You're under arrest."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

"Because I haven't had the time to perform any illegal or unscrupulous acts I assume you're here on a personal matter thus I reserve the right to face my accuser in a Trial by Combat," Cassian recites indifferently, as if he were reading aloud a passage from his book.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

He sighs as he ears his book and sets it on the table. When he finally looks up to see his old acquaintance Donovan Lynch he simply laughs,"At first I thought it was some sort of cultural barrier that shielded me from your humor but now I see that it is something much more specific to you." He kicks a chair out from under the table and motions Donovan to join him.

Donovan wrote:
"Been a while, Vespertine. Good to see you're still on the side of the angels. How've you been keeping?"

"Too true, too true. Been faring well enough I suppose, the engineering deck on the relic I've been assigned to isn't quite as glamorous as riding topside but judging by repairs and modifications you can clearly see that old machine has a fantastic story to tell. At least that's the idea I entertain while maintaining and monitoring it. As of now, we're in the midst of writing a new chapter while she's grounded. Indefinitely. And what about you, Mr. Lynch? How is civilian life treating you?"


Aelessaer:

Apparently one of my post correction wasn't accepted :(.

Just so you know, He is actually a she. She is very strong but she is slight of frame and not broad shoulder like a man would be. But her body structure would fit a female more then a male. ;) My bad there.

The poor humanoid covers its eyes as if lamenting the fate it was stuck with. "We di her, no scape, n't fom Sahde. Sahde i's all." At your words it lowers its hands and looks at you oddly and as you work the handle, slowly actuating it back and forth, you hear a hiss with every actuation. After about a minute the door starts to slowly open, despite the hinges on the containers the door opens without a single noise, sliding to the right to reveal a pitch black hallway.

The door is only open partially, just enough for you to slip out sideways and get into the hallway. As you stand there deciding on what to do next the humanoid moves to the containers you opened, searching quickly for something and smelling the air before pausing in front of container 14. For a moment it stares at the glass lid before reaching down and grabbing hold of the bottom of the lid. With an ease that makes your poor hands ache the creature prys the lid open and reachs in. Soon pulling out a heavy bag smelling of spices, herbs and cured meats. It shoulders the heavy bag with ease before turning to you and nodding sheepishly as it mumbles questioningly. "We go?"

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Aurora grimaces at yue sight of the flesh galley, her mind abruptly shunted back to her time as a slave missing the drama unfolding around them as she tries to shake of the mental shackle. She shakes her head forcibly as it back in the her and now the memories crushed with an iron will most would find hard to grasp.

"I'm ready mi sol y mis estrellas." She says as she bumps his hip with hers letting him know she's alright as she forms to bladed sai more of pure shadows.

Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I look at the containers, the goat-woman, the dark passage-way and then shrug: You can open them that easily? Let's make some more friends?

I move back in the strange room and indicate the other containers: We should not leave others to suffer.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)
Quote:
"Because I haven't had the time to perform any illegal or unscrupulous acts I assume you're here on a personal matter thus I reserve the right to face my accuser in a Trial by Combat"

"Maybe I wanted you on an old warrant?" Donovan said lightly. "Not like you didn't fracture the law all kinds of ways back when." Taking the extended chair, he slouched comfortably in it, setting the bottle on the table. With a sly smile, he said, "But I suppose you'd street-lawyer your way out of any o' that."

Quote:
"And what about you, Mr. Lynch? How is civilian life treating you?"

Donovan sighed and shrugged. "All right, I suppose. The money's right enough...plenty of work for a fellow in my line. Bit depressing, though, in some ways." Looking more squarely at the other man, he went on, "I like being my own man again, not having to snap-to-attention or deal with the brass...but I can't deny I miss feeling like I was doing something important. Compared to what's out there...somehow can't help but feel dealing with petty crime is a waste of time."

"Ever feel that way? Like there's more you could be doing?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Mirrianissa:

Battle in the Brush.

The puppet stops dead in its tracks as you tear into it, parts of it falls and slops to the ground in chunks as your claws perform their grisly work in quick brutal fashion. It barely has time to turn before your final raking strike. The other puppets continue running three towards you and the others veering around you and continuing after their original prey.

Those on the map are the forerunners of the pack and the others will be entering in subsequent rounds. Forgive the poor map, its my first attempt. :/

x3 Puppets actions: Double move towards K-6

Puppet Combat Stats - Players may use.:

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 12 (2d8+3)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3
Immune undead traits

OFFENSE
Melee - slams +4 (1d6+4)

A DM I play with posts stats from some of his creatures so that players can make a more... cinematic post and besides if you know you wasted a guy and orient your post that way then your saving me some work. ;) Call me lazy but I look forward to the awesome posts that may come of this. Some may this promotes abuse but I believe in a players ability to honor such a boon. :)


Aelessaer wrote:

I look at the containers, the goat-woman, the dark passage-way and then shrug: You can open them that easily? Let's make some more friends?

I move back in the strange room and indicate the other containers: We should not leave others to suffer.

The goat creature shakes its head sadly. "De di her sahde no ech dem der." It points at the containers and shakes its head...

Diplomacy = 18:

The creature wavers throwing its horned head back and forth before finally nodding in agreement to you point.

... as if saying it refuses to put others through suffering. "We go?" It reaches into the container and pulls out a tall club with black stones interspersed along its length and a hide wrapped handle for its grip. DC 15: K Geography/Nature.

If Successful on K:Geography/Nature check:

The black stones are obsidian and are very sharp, honed to points.

"-- .- .. -. .... --- .-.. -.. .. -. --. -.-. . .-.. .-.. ...-- ...-- .---- -.-. -... .-. . .- -.-. .... -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. - .... .-. . .- - -.. . - . -.-. - . -.. .. -. ...-- ...-- .---- .- .-- .- .-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .--. --- .-- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- -.-. .-. .. - .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. . ...- . .-.. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- " The message starts again and you can tell that the series of beeps and their frequency have changed, what it all means though and this time though the message sounds incomplete. How you know this your not too sure. As the sounds fade into nothing once more the lights suddenly surge again, the room shakes and your new friend raises its strange weapon and looks wildly about the room.

GM Only ;):

Main holding cell 331c breach detected

Warning Thr... det...ed in 33.a

War... Pow... Critical levels...


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]

"Well of course there is always more I could be doing. By all rights I should be back on The Vigilant - my assigned ship I'm sure you already know - attending to the laundry list of repairs she's in certain need of but it is here I reside in her hour of need. Now does that make me a bad soldier? Well... probably, but it's not apathy that seats me in this tavern tonight rather a nagging concern that my talents are not going to full use." he smiles lightly at the weathered brute measuring him from across the table.

"Originally I planned to relax and meditate on that thought but I've found, to my delight, that certain parties are or may be in need of a man of my skill and legacy. It seems that just because the Cynian government has refused to acknowledge my history doesn't make me absolved of it's effects. It is my reputation that provoked you to join me here is it not? If I were to tell you that the wind itself has brought to light a chance for me to return to a position like one you would expect to find me, how interested would you be in joining me in such a... lifestyle? If you're asking yourself why I'm extending this offer to you, consider it a token of respect from one infamous man to another.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

I dither for a second more, then accept that she seems to understand better than I: Okay, let's go.

I lead the way out of the chamber, through the door I opened.

I am Aelessaer. How are you known?


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)
Quote:
"It seems that just because the Cynian government has refused to acknowledge my history doesn't make me absolved of it's effects. It is my reputation that provoked you to join me here is it not?"

Donovan laughed aloud. "Aye, that's right enough. The government will be happy to make use of your talents, but never think they've forgotten who you are. You're a foreign-born pirate, lad...a few years of service in the army isn't like to make them forget that." Taking a sip of rum, he said with a twist to his mouth, "I'm not exactly a high-class citizen my own self...but I'm a native son, and I put in a decade for the crown. That goes a long way towards pardoning my youthful indiscretions. I doubt they've given you that kind of benefit of the doubt."

Quote:
"If I were to tell you that the wind itself has brought to light a chance for me to return to a position like one you would expect to find me, how interested would you be in joining me in such a... lifestyle? If you're asking yourself why I'm extending this offer to you, consider it a token of respect from one infamous man to another.”

Sobering, Donovan looked hard at the other man. "I might. I might, at that. It would depend on a few things, though."

He held up three fingers. "First, I'd want to know that you're not planning anything against Cygnus' best interests. I may be out of the military, but I'm still a patriot."

"Then I'd ask what you had in mind...I've no doubt a man like you has a plan in the works, or you'd not be making this offer. If I'm to sign on with you, I'd like to have a glimmer of it."

"And last...I'd ask what's in it for me." He smiled again, rubbing thumb and forefinger together in the classic gesture. "Because patriot or not, and regardless of your reputation...I'm looking to turn a profit, son."


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]

"The fruit of my hopes still needs time to ripen," he replies as he swallows the remainder of slow sludging foam and tar colored ale. "Perhaps it would be best to move this conversation to someplace less conspicuous. As a businessman yourself, I'm sure you don't handle your most delicate affairs while bumping elbows with a series of drunkards." When he finishes this thought he takes another look at his soon to be associate. "Then again a man in your line of work..."

Cassian feigns a weak smile and continues, "I won't divulge any specifics just yet but rest assured, if you care to join me, profits will be the least of your concerns."

Fingers crossed, Diyeana has those contacts...


Female Tabaxi Ranger 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style)

With stunning alacrity, Miri's sleek body is a blur of motion as she pounces upon one of thee oncoming enemies, claws grabbing at the creatur's head, sinking in beneath the jaw as her feet plant into the monster's chest, claws biting deep as she kicks off, the grip of her hands like iron, claws tearing through rotten bone like leaves as she practically tore the meat puppet's face off.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Grab : Grapple 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Rake1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

A throaty challenging growl arises from her throat a she faces the oncoming attackers.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6
Cassian Vespertine wrote:

Fingers crossed, Diyeana has those contacts...

Me too! GM C? Haven't forgot all about our lovely Gunslinger, have you? ; )

Also, LOVE the way Mirrianissa fights! Awesome visuals! ; D


Mirrianissa

Map updated above, Please let me know if you did indeed charge again and you should be able to alter your character position, its supposed to be open to everyone. :)

Not only does the puppets face slough off but it soon falls apart, its arms falling off and its legs quickly crumpling as whatever foul ritual that gave it life fails and allows the poor being to finally die. The other two lumber forward unfailingly, not affected at all that two of their brethren have been shredded with such ease.

Two more Puppets have entered the map, 4 remain, 2 are down

Puppet 1 - Standing in R-7
MA: Move from R-7 to Q-6
SA: Slam Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Puppet 2 - Standing in R-7
MA: Move from V-7 to R-4
SA: Slam Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The closest puppet moves in and swipes at you but fails to land a blow as you dodge it easily and as its comrade circles around you, failing to flank you fully before trying to strike you as well. It stumbles though, tripping over the frayed parts of the one you just returned to the Bone Mothers gentle hands.

Perception 18:

You see the Master raise its staff, a strange green light begins to gather and swirl around the strange stone sitting at the tip of the black metal.

You also spot that the Farmer wasn't as weak as most City Born are, he rises. Bloody and disorientated, his opponent however moves no more and the Master and its bodyguard don't seem to notice...


Diyeana Stormwin wrote:
Cassian Vespertine wrote:

Fingers crossed, Diyeana has those contacts...

Me too! GM C? Haven't forgot all about our lovely Gunslinger, have you? ; )

Also, LOVE the way Mirrianissa fights! Awesome visuals! ; D

I am certainly enjoying this as well, trying to catch up!

Of the few contacts you knew of the only one you could trust with this business is Old Smitty who has been a close family friend for years. He is a quiet and diligent working mechanic who is far too fond of running off his assistance, the only assistant that has held on for the last few years is Joey. A teenage runaway with the height and build of a full grown adult, he's also just as intelligent and crafty as Old Smitty which causes the two to argue constantly over repairs, opinions and modifications. Most of the time Old Smitty wins and Joey usually does what he wants despite Old Smittt's warnings or opinion.

Smitty runs a small salvage business... At least that's what he calls it, he is more of a scavenger then a salvager and owns not only a Salvage yard down by the docks, but an airship as well. The airship is run down but has served him well for years.

When you arrive you hear the usual raised voices of Smitty and Joey discussing things like two salvagers. The door to the yard is closed as you approaches and as you reach to open the gate you hear a crash, followed by a loud Boom!


Aelessaer wrote:

[dice=diplomacy]1d20+2

I dither for a second more, then accept that she seems to understand better than I: Okay, let's go.

I lead the way out of the chamber, through the door I opened.

I am Aelessaer. How are you known?

It looks at you for a moment, tilting its head quizzically before speaking. "Bera." It follows you quietly, making little to no sound despite its hooved feet, its pack shifts only slightly as it moves and a pair of tribal fetishes shake and stir. Feathers, claws and a strange swirling pattern made out of leather make up the fetish.

Much like a Dreamcatcher.

Luckily your Sash provides you light in the pitch black halls. You are faced with two choices turning left or right.

Heading Left:

You follow the empty hall, seeming to walk on forever in the dark. The metal walls, floor and ceiling seem to be closing in on you and the light of your sash seems to pale in the overwhelming darkness. As you walk though the alien message starts again and this time it sounds even worse then before. -. . --..-- .. -. .. - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .. -. --. ..-. .. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.. .--. --- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-. .. -. ..-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .. --- -. -.-. --- .-. . -.. . ... - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.. .. --.. .- - .. --- -. .--. .-. --- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .

As the message ends the hallway starts to shake, another surge of power causes the hallway to light up briefly. Illuminating the area blingingly bright before fading to a weak light which remains and allows you to see where you are going. At the end of the long hall you are walking along stands a strange depression in the wall at the end. The depression though has a strange marking etched into it, a symbol of sorts in the shape of a large clockwork gear with a face in its center. The face however reminds you of some of the slender looking Warjacks that the elvs were reputed to have and bares an odd resemblance to a woman.

Heading Right:

You walk a short distance before entering a large rectangular room which apparently is a dead end, there isn't a single thing of interest within the room that you can see. As you walk though the alien message starts again and this time it sounds even worse then before. -. . --..-- .. -. .. - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .. -. --. ..-. .. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.. .--. --- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-. .. -. ..-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .. --- -. -.-. --- .-. . -.. . ... - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.. .. --.. .- - .. --- -. .--. .-. --- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .

As the message ends the hallway starts to shake, another surge of power causes the room to light up briefly. Illuminating the area blingingly bright before fading to a weak light which surprisingly remains and allows you to see where you are slightly more clearly.

Perception DC12


Aurora and Leon

I haven't forgot about you and would like to ask really quick if you want to run the Airship for now in this combat or not, it is upto you and if you do not then I will speed things along. Below is some information on the airship and gaming mechanics info. Let me know and I will get the nxt post going as soon as possible.

Airship combat - Wordy as hell.:

Ship Name: The Red Dog

Ship Type: Cygnian Dragonship

Allegiance: Privateer – Red Dogs

Captain: - Barnabus

Tonnage Size - 37
Size Category - H
Maneuverability - 7 - +1 to attack rolls with shipboard weapons
Accel - 63
Top Speed - 153
Hull Type - Iron
Hardness – 10
Hull Points – 1050 HP
Armor Class - 8
Fort Save - +10
Ref Save - +0
Templates - None
# Crew 30
# Officers 14
Total Market Price - 156,500 gp

Engines & Weapons

Engines:
1.Wood-burning Power Factor 90, Hull Points - 2
2.
3.
4.

Weapons – 4x Falconets –
Damage - 5d6
Crit – 18-20/x2
Range – 500
ROF – 1
Reload Time – three rounds (Three Full Round Actions)

Pilot +8 Skill check

Table 10.5—Dragonship Critical Hit Table
Roll Type Hardness Hull Points
1-8 Wood-Burning Engine 5 40
9-16 Wood-Burning Engine - -
17-23 Rigging 0 80
24-31 Rudder 0 4
32-39 Rudder - -
40-46 Falconet (pt. tur) 0 10
47-54 Falconet (stb. tur) 0 10
55-62 Falconet (deck) 0 10
63-69 Falconet 0 5
70-77 Anchor 10 40
78-85 Landing Gear 5 14
86-93 Crew 0 Special
94-100 Officers 0 Special

Action Types
All creatures and characters involved in an aerial combat are
allowed to take any actions they would normally be allowed
to take during any other combat, with the following
exceptions.
Captains must spend a standard action each round directing
the ship. If the captain does not spend a standard
action directing his airship, the airship continues on its
present course and only deviates from that course if the pilot
of the airship is attempting to avoid a collision or some other
hazard.
As noted above, the captain of the ship must give orders
before the ship can begin acting on them. In practice, this
means that the orders given by the captain always occur one
round after the captain issues them.

Pilots must use a full-round action to keep the ship in
the air and heading in the proper direction. If the pilot does
not, or cannot, take a full-round action to pilot the ship, the
vessel is considered out of control during that round.

Airship Actions
An airship is not a living creature, and performs differently
from a creature during combat. The significant differences
between an airship and a creature are as follows:
• The airship cannot freely change direction, speed, or
facing. See Chapter 3: Aerial Movement, for more
information on how an airship can move and the
restrictions it has on this movement.
• An airship must always move its full current speed
during a round, without exception. The airship moves
during its initiative, as directed by its captain and
according to any skill checks necessary to fulfill those
orders.
• Airships never make attacks, but the crews of airships
make attacks using the airship’s weaponry. These
attacks occur during the captain’s initiative.
• Airships do not threaten areas or make attacks of
opportunity. In addition, airships do not provoke an
attack of opportunity, either, regardless of how many
threatened areas they pass through.

Armor Class and Airship Speed
The armor class of an airship is based on its size, primarily,
but also on its speed. A fast moving airship is very difficult
to hit, regardless of its size. For every 10 mph an hour an
airship is traveling above 30 mph, it receives a +1
circumstance bonus to its Armor Class and to any Reflex saves
it may be required to make. Note that this bonus is based on
relative speed, rather than actual speed.
In cases where one airship is trailing another, the relative
speed of the leading aircraft is equal to its actual speed
minus the speed of the airship that is trailing. Thus, an airship
that is traveling at 50 mph an hour being trailed by an
airship traveling at 30 mph has an actual airspeed equal to
20 mph in regards to the trailing airship and receives no bonus
to its Armor Class.
When two airships are approaching one another head
on, neither airship receives the speed bonus to its Armor Class
against attacks made by the other airship.
In all other cases, the relative speed of an airship is equal
to its actual speed. This makes it quite possible for an airship
to have a different Armor Class against attacks from different
opponents, based on their relative positions.

Attack Actions
Characters or creatures involved in combat may perform any
of the attack actions they are normally allowed during a
combat round. When attacking other creatures or characters,
all standard modifiers and rules apply, with the following
exceptions.
Creatures aboard another airship are always considered
to have one-half cover (+4 to AC) from any attacks that come
from outside of that airship. In addition, all creatures aboard
an airship receive the same speed bonus to their Armor Class
as the airship itself against any attacks that come from outside
the airship.

Attack Actions
Characters or creatures involved in combat may perform any
of the attack actions they are normally allowed during a
combat round. When attacking other creatures or characters,
all standard modifiers and rules apply, with the following
exceptions.
Creatures aboard another airship are always considered
to have one-half cover (+4 to AC) from any attacks that come
from outside of that airship. In addition, all creatures aboard
an airship receive the same speed bonus to their Armor Class
as the airship itself against any attacks that come from outside
the airship.
Hull Points and Hardness
An airship is an object; as such, it has a Hardness rating based
on the type of material used in its construction. This Hardness
rating only applies to attacks made by creatures using
weapons that are not designed for ship-based combat. Spells
(even if they affect more than a 10 foot radius) and other
large-area attacks also must overcome the Hardness of the
airship they target, unless they are specifically designed for
airship-to-airship combat.
Applying Hull Damage
Damage suffered by the ship reduces its hull points. When a
ship’s hull points are reduced to zero, it must begin
descending immediately and loses 50 feet of altitude each
round even if it attempts to maintain altitude.
If reduced below zero hit points, a vessel begins falling.
During the first round in which it falls, the vessel falls 150
feet, after which it falls 500 feet per round until it impacts
the earth and is considered to have crashed—see below for
more information on crashes and impacts with other terrain
features.
Airship Critical Hits
When an airship suffers a critical hit from another airship
weapon, it is handled differently than a standard critical hit,
which simply causes more damage. Instead, the attacker must
roll 1d100 and announce the result—the damage from the
critical hit is then applied to the critical component listed on
the target airship’s Critical Hit Components Table. Note that
the applied damage is rolled normally and is not doubled or
tripled, as with a normal critical hit. In most cases, when a
weapon is reduced to zero hull points, it immediately
becomes non-functional, but no other ill-effects occur.
Engines, however, and some weapons, react rather poorly
when destroyed. See the description of individual components
for any additional effects that occur when a component
is destroyed. Note that destruction of any component
automatically removes any benefits supplied by that component,
in addition to any other effects that occur.
Damaging Characters or Creatures with
Shipboard Weapons
Weapons designed for combat between airships are
tremendously powerful, built to inflict massive damage
against sturdy, well-armored objects. Because of this, hitting
a character or creature (of less than huge size) causes a lot of
damage. Any creature of less than Huge size hit by a weapon
designed for ship-to-ship combat automatically suffers a
critical hit from that weapon. Creatures of Huge size or
greater do not suffer such grievous damage because their
bodies are large enough to absorb the impact.

Boarding Attempts
Sometimes, it is much easier to deal with an enemy airship
by simply pulling up alongside it and unloading some heavily
armed adventurers onto its deck. Boarding maneuvers also
have the added bonus of allowing the capture of prisoners
as well as expensive airships.
To board an enemy ship, you must first draw alongside
it and either put down boarding gangplanks or, more likely,
tether the two ships together using grappling hooks and lines
or magical methods (web spells work great in this regard, see
Chapter 9: Aerial Magic, for more information).
Drawing alongside another ship requires that both ships
be moving at the same speed. Matching the speed of the airship
you wish to board requires a Profession (Airship Pilot)
skill check (DC 15 +1 per 10 mph of the targeted vessel’s
current speed) and may require several rounds of acceleration
or deceleration to achieve. Once the skill check is made,
the pilot may then attempt to draw close enough to the enemy
to let his crew attempt to board. To do this, the pilot
must put his ship into the same square and altitude band as
the target vessel.
During the round in which the boarding vessel enters
the same square and altitude band as its target, the crew of
the boarding vessel may attempt to throw grappling hooks
onto the target vessel. This is a ranged touch attack against
an Armor Class of 15, regardless of the actual Armor Class
of the opposing ship. For every grappling hook attack check
that succeeds, one grappling hook becomes attached to the
enemy vessel. Crew members may only make a grappling
hook attack if they readied an action during this or the previous
round, as they must time their attacks for the moment
when the two ships are within range of one another.
The grappled ship may attempt to break free of the boarding
attempt by making an opposed Profession (Airship Pilot)
Skill check against the pilot of the boarding vessel. The
targeted airship suffers a -1 circumstance penalty for every
grappling hook attached to it, however, as these lines interfere
with its ability to maneuver. The targeted ship may attempt
to escape from a boarding attempt once each round,
until enough grappling lines have been attached to it to immobilize
the vessel (see Table 4.2).
While grappling hooks are being applied to a vessel, it is
quite possible for the ship’s crew to chop those lines down.
During each round, the crew may make a standard melee
attack against an Armor Class of 10 to cut the ropes loose.
Assuming standard ropes are used, every successful hit by a
crewmen removes one rope from his airship. A crewman
must stand at the gunwale of his ship and reach over to cut a
grappling rope, exposing himself to enemy attack.
Successful boarders complement their grapple attempts
with heavy missile and spell fire in order to
keep the enemy crew down and frightened. Of
course, sheer force of numbers is effective as well.
Once the requisite number of grappling hooks
are in place, the attackers may lower their gangplanks
and begin flooding across to lay waste to
the enemy crew. At this point, it’s best to move the
action to the deck plans, placing them side by side
and playing out the rest of the battle using the standard
d20 combat rules.
Note that it is not possible for a smaller airship
to immobilize a larger airship, however, a smaller
airship may attempt to bind itself to a larger vessel
using the same process as above. In this case, however,
the number of grappling hooks that need to
be attached to the enemy vessel are equal to the size
category of the attacking ship. Once the required
number of hooks are in place, the smaller ship is
considered attached to the larger ship and remains
connected to it until the grappling hooks are cut
loose.
While a smaller airship is attached to it, the
larger airship suffers a maneuverability penalty
equal to -1 per size category of the smaller vessel.
If, at any time, the crew of the larger airship is able to reduce
the number attached grappling hooks below the required
level, the smaller airship breaks free and is considered out of
control.
Boarding From Above
A pilot may, if he chooses, decide to fly over the top of an
enemy airship in order to put his drop line boarders into
position. Matching speed and maneuvers of the enemy
airship is crucial in this case, even more so than when
attempting to board using grapples and gangplanks. Using
drop lines requires the same attempts to match speed and
course as for a normal boarding attempt, but the attacking
pilot suffers a -5 circumstance penalty as he attempts to line
his vessel up over an airship he cannot really see.

Everyone: I will post more in a few hours, sadly I need to head to bed I will pick up with this in the morning!


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

Bera. Okay, let's stick together

We turn left at the end of the corridor and, finding a dead-end, I begin to examine the depression in the wall.

Maybe there is another lever, do you know anything about these things?


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

Don't forget about me! :)


Female Tabaxi Ranger 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style)
DM Corerue wrote:

Mirrianissa

Map updated above, Please let me know if you did indeed charge again and you should be able to alter your character position, its supposed to be open to everyone. :)

The closest puppet moves in and swipes at you but fails to land a blow as you dodge it easily and as its comrade circles around you, failing to flank you fully before trying to strike you as well. It stumbles though, tripping over the frayed parts of the one you just returned to the Bone Mothers gentle hands.

** spoiler omitted **

This is what I get when I click the map:

You are signed in as mastermarkt@gmail.com, but you don't have permission to access this item. You can request access from the owner or choose a different account. Learn more


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Diyeana grins as she hears the old, familiar song or Smitty and Joey arguing. She pauses for a moment at the sound of the boom, but is not too worried as while she knew their arguments could sometimes get heated, they neber meant any true harm to each other. Still...could be something else...trouble.

Deciding not to take a chance, plus provide herself with some fun, should everything be alright, she decides to enter another way. Leaving her rifle in its shoulder as she knew she could draw it faster than most could even imagine, Diyeana calls upon her natural born powers and, with a summoned burst of wind, is lifted up and over the fence before her.

As she soars over the fence, her keen eyes search for any signs of trouble Smitty or Joey may not have caused by themselves. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

(If she sees nothing)
Looking like a dark angel descending from heaven as her hair and longcoat flair about her, she lands perfectly, her posture and gaze confidant and cocky. With the grin still on her face she tilts up her hat and says "Hi fellas! Sounds like you might need a lady's special helping touch in here."


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I just tried the map as well and it takes me to the login screen.


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)
Quote:
"The fruit of my hopes still needs time to ripen,"

Donovan smirks. "That is bloody poetry, that is. Do you write for the theater?" Stretching ostentatiously, he says, "In my old neighborhood, we'd say instead that you haven't got the eggs to hatch the chickens you plan to eat, just yet."

Quote:
"Perhaps it would be best to move this conversation to someplace less conspicuous. As a businessman yourself, I'm sure you don't handle your most delicate affairs while bumping elbows with a series of drunkards." When he finishes this thought he takes another look at his soon to be associate. "Then again a man in your line of work..."

Rather than take offense, Donovan laughed. "Can't say I haven't conducted many a complicated negotiation in dives worse than this one. Of course, sometimes the negotiating happened less with words and was more of a...physical nature."

Quote:
"I won't divulge any specifics just yet but rest assured, if you care to join me, profits will be the least of your concerns."

"Oddly enough...I believe you. If most any other man made as vague a promise as that, I'd call him a liar to his face. But for some reason, you strike me as a man who gets what he aims at."

Standing up, Donovan said, "I have a room downtown...ask for me along Wandsworth Street. The dodgy end. In the meantime, good fortunes." He takes a last slug of rum, and leaves the bottle for Cassian, heading back out in the street, whistling cheerily.


Diyeana Stormwin wrote:

Diyeana grins as she hears the old, familiar song or Smitty and Joey arguing. She pauses for a moment at the sound of the boom, but is not too worried as while she knew their arguments could sometimes get heated, they neber meant any true harm to each other. Still...could be something else...trouble.

Deciding not to take a chance, plus provide herself with some fun, should everything be alright, she decides to enter another way. Leaving her rifle in its shoulder as she knew she could draw it faster than most could even imagine, Diyeana calls upon her natural born powers and, with a summoned burst of wind, is lifted up and over the fence before her.

As she soars over the fence, her keen eyes search for any signs of trouble Smitty or Joey may not have caused by themselves. Perception: 1d20+7

(If she sees nothing)
Looking like a dark angel descending from heaven as her hair and longcoat flair about her, she lands perfectly, her posture and gaze confidant and cocky. With the grin still on her face she tilts up her hat and says "Hi fellas! Sounds like you might need a lady's special helping touch in here."

As you land you see Old Smitty walking away from his airship hanger, which is billowing smoke and looks like it has seen better days, as does poor Smitty's jumpsuit. Joey on the other hand is laughing as Smitty brushes past him, his face blank save for the determined look in his eyes. He also doesn't seem to be bothered by the small patch of flames burning brightly up his left sleeve and shoulder. At the sound of your voice, Joey stops laughing and gawks at you. He doesn't gawk for very long before Smitty smacks him on the head with the butt end of his massive mechanics wrench. "Be useful for once and go put that fire out before it consumes the hanger..."

Rubbing his noggin Joey jumps up and goes to fight whatever lie inside the hanger. After he'd gone Smitty turns and eyes you warily for a moment before cracking the smallest of smiles. "Been awhile lass, what has this old sod done to gain the likes of your company. You still have Joey twisted around your finger, but he's young, me on the other hand... I know your a wily vixen. So whatcha be needing?"


Female Tabaxi Ranger 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style)

Her blood pounding, the rush of combat filling her with a primal exhilaration, Mirrianissa's perceptions heighten as she sees past her attackers, their actions seeming almost frozen in the air around her as she looks beyond them to their master, green power beginning to swirl at the tip of his odd staff, sees the fat creature's protecter standing alongside both blind to the farmer rising behind them.

The tigress is with that one she thought, a savage grin crossing her fiercely beautiful features.

She could only hope the farmwife had it in her to out pace the puppet things a bit longer, as she gave the farmer time to act.

Stepping forward she slid between the creatures, close enough to see their dead eyes try to follow her movements as she brought her left arm dragging along after her, claws shering their way through one monster's chest, bone and vile flesh flying free as she twisted, tail providing her with perfect balance to bring her right arm in a scything slash across the other puppet's spine.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Crit confirmation

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Human Fighter (Lore Warden) 6
Stats:
HP 73/73, Nonlethal 73/73; AC 24, touch 19, Flat Footed 15; CMD 32 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +8, Will +5; Perception +5; Initiative +6; Acrobatic Dodge (+17) [8/8 day]
Donovan wrote:
"That is bloody poetry, that is. Do you write for the theater?"

”I can’t say I’ve had that pleasure. I’d never have spied you as a man of culture,” Cassian retorts cheekily.

Donovan wrote:
"Can't say I haven't conducted many a complicated negotiation in dives worse than this one. Of course, sometimes the negotiating happened less with words and was more of a...physical nature."

”Funny what conversations have the ability to dissolve into…”

Donovan wrote:
"Oddly enough...I believe you. If most any other man made as vague a promise as that, I'd call him a liar to his face. But for some reason, you strike me as a man who gets what he aims at.”

Dealing solely vague promises was a common practice. The less details given the less you’re constrained by the shackles of truth and weight of your honor. Happily, Cassian accepts the compliment with a bow but keeps his mouth closed until Donovan is finished speaking.

Donovan wrote:
"I have a room downtown...ask for me along Wandsworth Street. The dodgy end. In the meantime, good fortunes."

’Which dodgy end?’ Cassian begins but instead replies, ”Tie up whatever loose ends your working on in the next day or so, I’ll be wanting to finish this conversation by then. I thank you for the company and for the drink, Mr. Lynch. We will be in contact soon.” Cassian shakes the grizzled trencher’s steely hand in his own ands bids farewell. Waiting until the man turns the corner out the door to check the contents of the bottle left behind; ”About half a shot,” he laughs.

Hailing down the barmaid one final time Cassian pays off his tab and asks with a smile, ”I’m looking for a clean private room to stay in tonight and possibly the remainder of the week. You wouldn’t happen to know where I can find one at this hour, would you?” Upon receiving the information he desires he gives a wink and departs.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

After paying the innkeeper and settling in, Cassian begins his normal routine of checking exits and quick escape paths. He slides the chamber pot in front of his door then spends a half an hour running a whetstone over his swords before kicking his boots off and relaxing on the bed with a book in hand, falling asleep shortly afterwards.

Paying 3g for the food/drinks/tip and 2g for an inn with ‘Good Accommodations.’


Num-Rah wrote:
"The Flind are without honor - true. And they despise us with every fiber of their being. Them and their Demon Goddess. That is all true. But they are far from being stupid and they value strength above all. I would go and challenge their champion to a single combat, to prove myself. I would take the pup I rescued as proof of my intentions. They must be hurting more than us, since they don't have the legacy of High Ones to guide them and protect them. They should welcome this alliance. Of course, we should guard against their treachery, which will surely come - but for now, the honor demands we should at least try to unite the living against the dead."

Kel nods to your words and then sighs at the last of your words. "Honor demands much of us young one, yet we are too few to travel far from our home and Envoy's are far too vulnerable. Perhaps first I will send you on an important mission, along with some Beleghtor warriors deep into the heart of the ruins to recover an Artifact of the High Ones. It will be dangerous and if I had time I would do this myself, but I am needed here."


Aelessaer wrote:

Bera. Okay, let's stick together

We turn left at the end of the corridor and, finding a dead-end, I begin to examine the depression in the wall.

Maybe there is another lever, do you know anything about these things?

Bera looks at the symbol for a long time, shuddering in fear as the vaguely female visage stares past the pair of you. She shakes her horned head at your question, continuing to stare at the image fearfully. [smaller}"No, Bera no c'me her..."[/smaller]

Will post more shortly~


Ninja 1/Shadow Assassin 4 (HP 37/37 AC 17, T 14, Flat 13 -F+3 R+10 W+8 Init +6/8; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Go on and control the airship I haven't a clue as to what to do with it.


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

"I stand ready for whatever you command!"


Roger that Leon, sorry hopefully I can expand the Airship rules abit later ;)

With Captain Barnabus at the helm of The Red Dog, bellowing orders to the rag tag mercenary group, the ship barreled out of the cover of the floating isles. Its wood burning engine at full stroke as the engineers beneath deck pushed the vessel to its limits, coaxing as much speed out of their engine so that they could close the distance. As they made their approach the Flesh galley didn't remain idle. Its deck swarmed with scores of undead, like maggots crawling over a bloated corpse, the foul abominations could be easily seen rolling additional weapons to bare on the smaller vessel barreling towards it.

Another set of necrotite shells fired from the upper decks of the Flesh Galley, aimed for the more fragile hull of the Red Dog. As the volley of green flaming ammunition rocketed towards the mercenary airship her pilot proved his immense skill. Several men on board hit the deck as the ship descended rapidly and started to turn. As the necrotite shells passed just over the bow of their vessel the Red Dog veered portside, sending those who weren't holding onto something sliding across the deck. As the enemy galley came into view on the starboard side, a great shout rose under the decks. Followed swiftly by the loud report of the starboard side Falconets returning fire on the enemy ship.

Barnabus stabbed his sword into the deck and cursed the airship pilot. "Dammit Zed! Don't help them by shaking us off you daft fool!"

He was cut off as the Red Dogs scored the first hit, scattering several undead and tearing a hole in the hull of the enemy ship. His jaw suddenly dropped as another set of booms shattered the silence. The Red Dog shook as her pilot failed to dodge out of the way and she took two direct hits from the Cryxians. Barnabus grimaced and stared at the enemy ship with a look of grim determination, his mouth twisting into a frown as he shouted "Ready Grenades!". As you turn your eyes back towards the Cryxian vessel you spot what has upset your Captain. Warjacks two of them and a third marching to join its brethren on the upper deck of the Galley. The pair were hastily being reloaded by thralls as they stood on four dark metal legs and swiveled and shrieked loudly at the approaching enemy.

Leon and Aurora only:

You recognize the three Warjacks easily. The two with cannons mounted on their arms were Striders, normally amphibious heavy assault warjacks routinely used for raiding and sneak attacks on encampments. Their Cannons are small but long ranged and dangerously precise, they don't have much chance of sinking the Red Dog but if they score a hit on something vital. Say her engine or crew. Then the end result would be disastrous.

The Third was a sight for sore eyes, it was a Nightmare, a four armed monstrosity equipped with anti-personnel weapons in the form of a pair of chain guns that fired necrotite rounds. For those foolish enough to close with it, they face its other arms which are a pair of curved blades that swirl with an unending darkness. These foul abominations are soul harvesters and their blades literally pull the souls from the bodies of the fallen. They are extremely violent though and tend to do as they please, even the Cryxians have a hard time controlling them. Hopefully that was still the case...

Zed was sweating profusely as he leaned into the wheel and brought the Red Dog out of its portside descent and started taking it starboard at an accelerated rate. Below decks shouts and the sound of something crashing could be heard, the gunners were having a hard time with their pilots wily tactics but, as the portside of the Red Dog got a full view of the Cryxian vessel, another thunderous report came from the second set of Falconets launching death back at the Cryxians.

The Red Dogs are rewarded for their grim determination, as both shots stuck true and a massive explosion lit up the lower decks of the Cryxian vessel. A foul green flame sprouted from the rear of the Enemy vessel as the Red Dog had succeeded in crippling their enemies engines. The enemy was sunk. The Cryxian vessels headlong push into the phenomena stopped and the strange ripple started to reject the ship, pushing it outward and driving the vessel in reverse.

Without its engines the Galley was floundering and was certain to go down into the sea below. The sudden reversal in their momentum caused the Galley to twist and spill one of the striders over board, along with several dozen of its undead crew along with it. As several of the gunnery thralls tried to stop their cannons from going over, they too found themselves tumbling hundreds of feet to the ocean below.

GM Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 11

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 20

1d100 ⇒ 2
10d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, 3, 4, 6, 6) = 40

1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 10

With the enemy ship floundering the Red Dog readjusted to a direct course, allowing their gunnery crews to reload and hopefully overtaking the galley before it could attempt to recover. As they moved towards it though the strange ripple in the air started to waver and then it, strangely, started to expand. The Cryxian vessel, which had almost recovered succeeded in avoiding Rolling over was struck by the ripple and sent rolling off into the air. As the Cryxian vessel failed to avoid rolling over this time its remaining crew on deck were sent hurtling into the air along with the other four legged warjack.

Then without warning and utterly silent the ripple closed instantly, vanishing just as quickly as it had appeared and leaving no trace that it had existed, save for the rolled over Cryxian vessel. Barnabus though didn't allow the shock of the sudden turn of good fortune to distract him from seizing the moment. "Zed, ascend and get us above their hell blasted hull! Everyone ready grenades and prepare to strike fast! WE're gonna crack them wide open!" He turns to Leon and Aurora, nodding to them and handing them a set of crude looking grenades. "I don't know what god decided to give us their help but I'm not wasting it! Time for some running and gunning mates, lets give them hell!"

Barnabus smiles smugly as the Red Dog makes its way over the floundering Cryxian Vessel, which was still struggling to stay afloat on whatever foul magic it had left. As they hovered above the hull of the bow of the rolled over galley the gunners below deck helped make a hole with a single falconet. At such close range it punched a hole in the hull and by the look of it part of the upper hull deck as well.

As several Red Dogs start descending onto the deck they don't immediately encounter resistance, which is strange but they Red Dog mercs are heavier then the pair of you and not as skilled.

The floor is yours you two. Give me your actions and I will respond as quickly as I can. :)


Num-Rah wrote:
"I stand ready for whatever you command!"

Kel smiles, he looks satisfied and then waves to the door of the great hall. "Make your preparations and return here at dawn tomorrow, if there is any you wish out of the Beleghtor to go with you then peak now and I will see them gathered here to accompany you. More will be explained in the morning."


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2

"I trust in your wisdom and guidance to choose my battle companions for me. I shall return at the appointed time."


Mirinissa:

The Master - Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Mirinissa Fort Save DC 18 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Mir: you can roll your own fort save if you want, you don't have to accept my roll. Same goes for everyone else as well. ;)

Failed Fort Save:

The Tigeress is truly with you this day as yet another puppet falls to your raking claws and ferocious combat ability. As you turn to face the puppet behind you and eye those that are still rushing towards you, you see the green swirling light flash above the Masters staff and dissipate. As it dissipates though you feel a tightening in your chest, your muscles go rigid and your stomach twists so painfully you scream. As you begin to crumple to the ground blood bursts from your tear ducts and you vomit as the pain becomes unbearable.

Nothing mattered now but the pain that paralyzed you, you could feel the puppets laying their filth paws on you. Pinning you to the ground, the smell of some many rotting bodies near you causes you to heave again. But pinned down as you were you were unable to spill your vomit somewhere further from yourself, so instead you were forced to lay in your own bile.

As the creatures continued to hold you down you heard something strange, you were having a hard time making out what the noise was with the damned puppets shuffling around you. Then came the sound of heavy feet and rattling metal, chain and the sound of blades being unsheathed. "FIGHT FOR KEL, FOR OUR HOMELAND! HURRAH! DEATH TO THE DARK ONES!" Came the roar as the sound of feet thundered in your ears and soon the firm hold of the puppets lessened and the sound of steel ripping through rotten flesh rang in your ears. The pain though remained, twisting your insides and convulse as your body dry heaved once more.

After several moments the pain lessens and begins to fade away. As you are finally able to look around yourself the sounds of battle ring in your ears and just as you look up the broken body of a Beleghtor warrior flies past, crashing just behind you as a new monstrosity revealed itself. This Puppet was clad in a strange metal, strange tube like things sprouted from its back and curved over its shoulders and into its metal covered arms. It arms were covered in the same black metal as the Masters staff but the creatures fists were enormouos, it moved slower then the puppets but it was single handedly holding off a pair of Beleghtor soldiers who, despite having it flanked, were not fairing that well against it.

It also wasn't alone, as you spot two more of the creatures smashing the Beleghtor soldier and pushing them back.

Sickened 1d6 ⇒ 4 Mins

Successful Fort Save:

You stand your ground as the puppets continue to advance on you, the Master shrieks in rage as the light from his staff bursts and dissapates. For a moment a green light falls over you and your muscles clench momentarily before you throw off the foul enchantment with a roar of outrage.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The puppet behind you swings uselessly at you, none of its powerful strikes land and as another joins the fray it too tries to slam you only to trip over the fallen corpse of another puppet in its haste to obey its Master. As it falls before you you seize the opportunity for a strike!

AoO Mir ;)

As you attack though a great shout rises over the sounds of your fierce battle. "FIGHT FOR KEL, FOR OUR HOMELAND! HURRAH! DEATH TO THE DARK ONES!" Then came the sound of heavy feet and rattling metal, chain and the sound of blades being unsheathed. The roar of the Beleghtor was lost on the puppets, who merely turned to look at the oncoming foes with dead eyes. On the hill though the Master waved his staff madly and shrieked at the nearby floating ship.

51 to 100 of 1,337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea - Main All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.