Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Skulls & Shackles

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Where everyone has to be a pirate if he wants or not.
Man's Promise Map
Quartermaster Spreadsheet
Tidewater Rock


3,551 to 3,600 of 3,828 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Kitsune Game Master

You find the ware house and go inside. Inside the warehouse, you are met by a half ling dressed in the black clothing of an indentured servant of an aristocratic household and wearing a cherubic mask. The obsequious
halfling guides you to a discreet soundproofed room in the back of the warehouse. The halfling introduces himself "I am Slip. How may the Temple of the Hidden Name be of service?"


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

we seek the wrecker's who sank the Lady's Sting. A boat manned by Calistria's worshippers. The boat had a holy relic of theifs.


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

"We are needin' the name and quick so as we can move this along quick like."


Kitsune Game Master

Slip nods and states "The Reaper of Reputation knows much that is hidden, but secrets always have a price. The Temple of the Hidden Name deals in information, using secrets as currency. To learn one of the temple’s secrets, you must pay with another secret of equal value."

"It is no secret that many wreckers operate in the Shackles, but I have knowledge of one crew that claimed to have successfully attacked a Calistrian vessel. So what can you offer in exchange for that information?"


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

We found this big stone throne that a saughin king sat on. We couldn't take it with us but it was special. Noonan gives the halfling the location of the throne.


Kitsune Game Master

Slip accepts this as a trade. "The wreckers they seek are led by a half-orc wizard named Vakarla, and operate from a hidden island base southeast of the Rampore Isles."

Slip also offers another quest for you, if you want to do further trades with the temple. which I will add later

Following the lead gained at the Temple of the Hidden Name, you sail to the Rampore Isles in search of the wreckers who attacked the Lady’s Sting. With no way of knowing the wreckers’ exact location, you must sail around until they you stumble upon the wreckers, or the wreckers find you first.

Suddenly a small merchant sailing ship with its sails lowered and flying a Rahadoumi flag comes into sight. The nameplate of the ship reads Shining Star. As you get closer the crew of the Shining Star frantically tries to raise sails and get underway, for fleeing the Kraken.


Kitsune Game Master

Slip tells "The famous ship called the Brine Banshee mysteriously disappeared several months ago. The Brine Banshee was said to have been one of the fastest ships in the Shackles, with unparalleled handling for a vessel its size, which many believed were the result of several potent spells woven into the ship. If you can find what happened to the Brine Banshee, and discover the secret of its unprecedented speed and maneuverability, you can trade this knowledge for information you seek."

Just in case you run out of side quests ;)


Kitsune Game Master

[spoiler=Perception DC25]The Rahadoumi ship not only appeared suddenly in sight - it actually appeared suddenly out of nowhere.[/dice]


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Huh. We got no time for pirating.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
"Indeed." Besmara agrees.


Kitsune Game Master

You sail around the island and find nothing special.

Profession Sailor 20 and using the maps:
You notice that there is a treacherous reef on the map besides this island. Surprisingly where the Rahadoumi ship sailed through.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Stupid search. Is there no magic to find that stupid wasp? Chay! What can you do to find that thing?" Besmara inquires from the mage for all occasions.


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

I cannot open the spoiler :)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

P. Sailor: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Estelle is a bit shocked as the small ship appears, yelling up at the person in the crows nest.

"Why didn't ye call out that ship?" Looking back at the maps Estelle notes the reef and where that ship came from.

"Cap'n I bet that is part o' the wreckers, the draw ya inta the reef, ye get stuck they rob ya then sink ya."


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Profession-Sailor: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Hmm..There is a dangerous reef on the map that is besides the island. That ship sailed right through it.


If that's the case.... Then to get them we need to lure them out.

Want me to try an illusion captain?
I could make an illusion of the Thrasher being stuck on the rocks if we want to hang back a little.

If there is interest he will twist his ring and prepare to cast Major illusion showing the Thresher sailing up and getting stuck on the reef when they sail around again and the illusion happens again.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Worth a try. Besmara replies. Who can come along for such a trip if we leave the ship out? Trytton can swim, I can too. Can you fly?" she asks Chay.


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

SQWAK!! Tremble in fear of my parrot pirates!


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

"I'll be swimming with ye cap'n, who will be in charge o' the boat?" Estelle throws some rations into her badder sack and moves towards the rail waiting on the others.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Sandara? But I don't think you're able to swim with me." Besmara replies stroking over her cloak. "But maybe Chay can do something about that."

All not swimming could fly invisibly maybe?


Captain, I only have my normal load of spells today, so I can make two people swim and one breath under water, I can also make someone invisible.

Flying would be a good idea but I'd have to wait until tomorrow to do that because I didn't memorize it. However I can make myself swim like you so I can get close and cast the spell.

So pick who you want to come and I'll cast my spells on them.

Casts: touch of the sea (x2), Invisibility, Water Breathing, and Alter Self.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Can you hide our ship's boat? Then all could come along." Besmara asks.


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

I good swimmer. That about it.


Chay thinks.

Not the Kracken, but one of the launches: Hmmmm... If you are willing to wait a day, yes. I could make the boat invisible and then make all of us invisible. But it would only last for about 5 minutes. And I doubt I could renew it while also making an illusory ship.

Thinking invisiblity on the boat and invisiblity sphere on the crew around him.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"Why not hide it in the illusion?" Besmara asks.


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

"We best be goin' cap'n or they could be alertin' the other that we be here." Estelle begins to grow impatient.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

The Kraken sails out of sight as it turns around the island.

"Anchor the ship here." Besmara orders. "And get the ship's boat ready. Everyone coming along on the boat."

After about ten minutes all is done and the boat is ready to go.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

"I can close in along the sea bed if you would like?" Trytton says


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

That sounds like a good idea.


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

Estelle loads her stuff into the boat, taking a spear along with her just in case she needs to throw something.


Oh.... I guess we could do that...

Chay blushes embarrassed that something so simple got past him.

Then he gets ready to get in the boat and makes ready to make an illusion of a ship around the small boat.


Male half-elf bard 7 (HP 54/54 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init +2 | Perc + 13)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 18/21 Spells: 3: 2/2, 2: 3/4, 1: 6/6

Captain, the crew can watch from here with the Farglass. When they see you are being closed on by something, They can set sail and come to help us.


Are we all set then?

Advansalan, Ramsansm, Istuban....

As Noonan and Estelle bring the boat around, The sounds of Lines being pulled taunt by the wind, and crew members calling to each other seems to rise around them.

Before the boat has gone 100 yards, a swirl of color appears and suddenly a smaller version of the Thresher appears around the boat hiding it from view.

As the boat rows around the island, Chay sits an isle of calm in the middle of the mass of rowing crew, focused on the illusion trying to make it seem as real as possible.

Now we see what is reefing those ships. he whispers to the captain.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Tyrtton takes the silence from the captain as confirmation, and nods at Noonan.

He swims ahead of the boat to keep an eye on things from a different perspective.


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Noonan gets in the boat, with Pluck flying high overhead.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

Besmara draws her daggers. "I hope we anchored the Kraken in a way that there is no line of sight to the wreckers. Keep the ships safe and don't try something stupid." Besmara comments towards Sandara. "And can't you make the ship some slow and fat looking merchant? You know, use a bait that looks tasty to the wreckers." Then she jumps into the sea, immediately transforming into a large manta ray.


Chay brings the ship around the corner and seeing the merchant ship appear ahead of him again points at the ship.

As the other row closer, Chay makes the illusion of the pirate ship getting ready to give chase.

Softly says so only the others can hear
Be alert they have to be watching from somewhere around here.

Foxy:

Will to see past the illusion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As the boat nears the reef he suddenly points closer to the shore.
There! he hisses


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Noonan cracks his knuckles


Kitsune Game Master

Estelle puts her sailing skills to good use to keep the boat on a steady course. As Chay sees through the illusory terrain he recognizes the riff and points it out. Estelle brings the boat to a halt and Chay changes the illusion to simulate a ship wreck.

Watching over the sea you notice nothing at first. Then the Rahadoumi Ship vanishes and the illusion that covers the riff fades too. But there are no wreckers seen anywhere.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytton stays on the sea bed and watches


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

"Do they come only on a riff? Trytton can you sink that riff?" Estelle whispers


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

Besmara swims around in manta ray form enjoying the feeling that is close to flying.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

While doing so she notices a bulge in the water as if a boat would move through it. But there is no boat visible. She swims back to their own ships boat to warn the others. "I believe they use magic to stay invisible!" she tells.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Do I see it?


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Can you get rid of magic?


Kitsune Game Master
Trytton wrote:
Do I see it?

Sure


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytton will swim up to the underside of the invisible boat and tails it


Male half-elf bard 7 (HP 54/54 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init +2 | Perc + 13)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 18/21 Spells: 3: 2/2, 2: 3/4, 1: 6/6

If I know where it is... Yes.
That dust I cast is good for more then just blinding people. So point them out if you see any sign.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Melee:
Handwraps (+1) Atk +12/7 Dmg 1d8+5; 1d4 bleed l Flurry 10/10/5 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +11 (+12 to Disarm,+15 to trip) CMD 23 (26 vs Disarm,27 vs trip)
HP 56 l AC 20 (FF 17, T 12) l F 7/R 6/W 4 l Ini +5 l Perc +11
Current:
AC 20 (T 12, FF 17) HP 56/56 l Martial Flexibility 6/6 day l l Knockout (DC 16) 0/1

Estelle readies her spear to take out the first person she sees.


Female Human Pirate (7) AC19/14/15, FRW+7/+9/+4, Ini+6, Perc+12, Sail+13

"I'll swim in front of their boat. Just aim behind me." Besmara tells. She disappears in the sea and a few moments later surfaces again swimming at a slower speed towards the illusionary covered ship's boat. The distance is about 120feet and getting shorter.


Male Human Barbarian7 71/71F7R5W6AC17/T12/FF15Per+10Rage:AC16/T10/FF14 HP81/81 DR/3 Init+2

Noonan gets his bow ready


Male half-elf bard 7 (HP 54/54 | AC:20 | T:12 | FF:18 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+8 | Will:+6 | Init +2 | Perc + 13)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 18/21 Spells: 3: 2/2, 2: 3/4, 1: 6/6

Lito aims 15 feet behind Besmara with a Glitter Dust spell. (Will 16 to avoid the blindness portion of the spell)

So that should cover a spread 5-25 feet behind her.

3,551 to 3,600 of 3,828 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skulls & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.