Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Skulls & Shackles

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Where everyone has to be a pirate if he wants or not.
Man's Promise Map
Quartermaster Spreadsheet
Bonewreck Isle


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,108 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Narrator

As Besmara seems to hear not too well Jarrus shoots the back of the other wasp.


Human Male Gunslinger (Buccaneer) 4: AC 16 (Touch 14, Flat 12), HP 49/49, Init +6, Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +1, Perception +8, Grit 4/4

Yay at least I still hit one :)


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Noonan keeps running around, trying to hit the bugs
PA,Rage,Bard: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 242d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18


As Rosie is now free she joins Besmara in the fight to save the worker.
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Narrator

Fort Save Worker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dex Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The wasps continue to attack the worker.
Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The man falls is hurt so bad that he drops to the ground unconscious.


Female Human Pirate (5)

"Sandara come over here, that guy is dying!" Besmara shouts.
Stab: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Stab: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Narrator

Finally Besmara manages to land some solid hits and ends one wasp.


Female Human Cleric of Besmara (3)

Sandara uses her copycat ability to create a mirror image of herself and moves closer to the man. If she has to try to heal in such close proximity to a wasp she wants at least some chance the beast stings at an image.


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

Dex dmg from the last time: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Estelle, Owlbear and Flips head over to the remaining wasp,

"Surround the durned thing, take it down." Once Estelle sees two Sandara's she shouts to Owlbear "Cover Sandara, let her do er work."

Left Palm smash with bleed: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 201d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


HP 14 l AC 15 (FF 13, T 12)l F +3 R +4 W -1 l Ini 2 Perc +4

Flips follows Estelle trying to keep behind the thing not wanting it to sting him.

Dagger: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 151d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

"Stupid wench doesn't thing I know what I am doing."


HP 29 l AC 14 (T 9, FF 14) l F +5 R 0 W -1 l Ini -1 Perc -2 Current 22/29 l Melee Club +6 (1d6+3)

Owlbear lumbers up beside Estelle, club in hand ready to swat the thing like a bug.

club: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 91d9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

"Me wants to sleep and eat, maybe cook can cook bug."


Male half-elf bard 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+7 | Will:+5 | Init +2 | Perc + 11)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 14/16 Spells: 2: 3/3, 1: 5/5

Fort 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Lito shakes off the effect of the poison, then directs the others to close in on the last Wasp.
Inspire Courage +1 round 4/14


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytton throws another blast at one of the wasps attacking the man
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 = 15


Narrator

Estelle hits the remaining wasp hard, and Flips adds some too. And finally Trytton swoops the beast out of the air with a water-blast.


Female Human Cleric of Besmara (3)

Sandara touches the man to stabilize and asks all around "Please help me move him away from the wasps so I can heal you all together with the holy energy from Besmara without reviving these wasps.

Once they are all together and away from the dead vermin she holds up her flag says praise to Besmara and channels positive energy.
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Human Male Gunslinger (Buccaneer) 4: AC 16 (Touch 14, Flat 12), HP 49/49, Init +6, Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +1, Perception +8, Grit 4/4

Jarrus helps move the worker away with Sandara and reloads his pistol and looks out for more wasps.


Male half-elf bard 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+7 | Will:+5 | Init +2 | Perc + 11)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 14/16 Spells: 2: 3/3, 1: 5/5

Thanks Sandara, can you help any of us who are still feeling sluggish from the stings?


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

"Cap'n did ye know about these beasts? Why didn't didn't that old codger warn us?"

Estelle scan the horizon for any more, she then turns back to Flips.

"Head to the mess hall and see if ours are good."


HP 14 l AC 15 (FF 13, T 12)l F +3 R +4 W -1 l Ini 2 Perc +4

Flips turns and jogs off to the mess hall.

bossin' me around like she is the cap'n


Narrator

As the last wasp is dispatched the folks of the village come out and over to you to see how their fellow fares. He wakes up again but the poison did a number on him. Like on some of the crew.


Female Human Cleric of Besmara (3)

Sandara looks around and replies. "Sorry I didn't prepare that spell and I for sure couldn't heal all of you. But if you tell me early tomorrow morning if a good night of sleep hasn't brought you back into shape I'll see what I can do."


Female Human Pirate (5)

"If I see him I ask why he didn't tell us that the wasps come visiting for dinner every other Oathday." Besmara replies with a raised eyebrow.


Narrator

Suddenly, someone shouts an alarm and people once more scatter for cover. A Chelish galleon can be seen anchored in the cove and an armed party is clambering onto the docks from their launch.

The ship in the cove is a Chelish galleon.

Knowledge Nobility DC 12 or Local DC 15:
But the armed party are for sure no Chelaxian Marines

The one in charge orders his crew to form a defensive semicircle on the dock. They all draw their weapons.

Sense Motive DC 15:
That's more of an oh s*!+ manoeuvrer than anything else.


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

K. Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"they ain't Chelish Marines, the colours are all wrong. Probably stole the ship they did. Lets steal it from them."

Estelle looks at the man, listening to his orders

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Cap'n they didn't expect us ere, we have the advantage"


Female Human Pirate (5)

"If they be havin' stolen th' ship they be shipmates too. Why else would they be 'ere. Let's go over but keep it at looking grim. I guess having a fight 'ere with his customers gets us in trouble with Rickety. All crew with me!" Besmara orders.

Quickly going over the numbers she smiles. Putting her swords away she walks over to them with backed by nine members of her crew. Taking a stand straddle legged arms akimbo she greets the man who looks like he's in charge. "Nice ship ye have. But it's not yer turn yet."


Narrator

Captain Pegsworthy orders his man to lower the weapons. He raises his hat. "Ma'm. I'm Free Captain Merrill Pegsworthy. Ye are right that I'm 'ere for a squib. I saw ta late that the docks aren't empty."

Captain Pegsworthy is an impressive man. Weathered face, long hair, wearing a tattered military coat with golden eagle-applications on the shoulders and wielding a great sword that he holds in his left hand pointing down and back. But he also seems amiable.


Female Human Pirate (5)

"Don't Ma'm me. It's Captain Besmara. Now tell me - what are we going ta do about you having seen ma ship before the squib." Besmara inquires. The last thing she needs is someone promoting the new name of her ship to Harrigan. The time will come when she tells him herself and then kick his arse once and for all. But that will take some time to prepare.


Narrator

"Yes Captain." Pegsworthy replies. "It can't be undone. But I can assure you that your secret is safe with me. I guess that Rahadoumi ship is the Man's Promise that Harrigan is boasting about. I'm no friend of Harrigan. It serves him right." he tells with a grin. "Best thing I can offer is my word on it and to rechristen yer ship once it's squibbing is done."

Knowledge(Local) DC 15:
It is considered good luck in the Shackles to have a Free Captain or a noble lady of good family christen a ship. Since such a lady is scarcer than hen’s teeth in the Shackles, a Free Captain like Merrill Pegsworthy is an excellent option.


Female Human Pirate (5)

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
"That offer I can accept." Besmara replies holding out her hand to seal the deal. "How about we have a talk over a bottle of rum. My treat."

Lito, that's your prompt to take over and increase our infamy.


Narrator

Captain Pegsworthy accepts the hand "Sure thing." He comes along with his men to the commons to sit down with Captain Besmara.


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Noonan seems to have wandered off. Pluck pecks him on the head like Remy from Ratatouille and guide shim back.


Male half-elf bard 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+7 | Will:+5 | Init +2 | Perc + 11)
Daily Stuff:
Bardic Performance: 14/16 Spells: 2: 3/3, 1: 5/5

As the two crews sit down in the Commons Lito circulates among Captain Pegworthy's crew. As he talks with them he will eventually start to swap stories. He tells enough jokes and minor stories to gather a sizable group together then when the time is right launches into a "true" story:

Oratory: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
As Lito tells the story those of the Besmara's crew recognize it as the story of an attack on the ship by tentacled humanoids, and a subsequent raid on their base to claim their loot. But as they listen they realize their memories of the events hold not a candle to the story.

For as they relive it through Lito's story, the small crew is faced by terrible humanoids with tentacles that are just unnatural in nature. The creature are horrid to look at and move in unnatural ways as they flow across the deck. The brave crew is able to drive them off through skill and darting, but don't stop there. No rather they select a crack crew to conduct a audacious raid into the heart of the invaders home to steal their treasure.

To reach their lair, the crew battles acid spitting bugs larger then any man, ravenous dead that and blood sucking insects the size of their arms.
Yet all that pales compared to the challenges they face in the fiends dark and flooded lair. Tentacled things reaching out in the darkness is only the first of the challenges as the crew of dashing pirates evades traps, battles more of the ravenous dead and even battles a small Kracken before reaching the room full of loot and their huge unnatural leader.
The detail Lito evokes is amazing as you can almost smell the stench of the ravenous dead, hear the buzz of the giant blood sucking bugs and audible gasps are heard from multiple places around the room as the horrid leader tries to swallow Estelle whole.
Yet none of that compares to the cheers that are raised as the daring crew vanquishes the unnatural enimies and claims their piles of Glittering LOOT!

As Lito finishes he says, I swear by my love of the open sea, that every word of that be true. For I lived it as did every one of Captain Besmara's crew.

How's that Captain for kicking your name off with style. That should earn us some disrepute.


Female Human Pirate (5)

"Ya see. As soon as my ship is back on the sea I'm going to rock it with that crew." Besmara tells Captain Pegsworthy. She is impressed herself by what her crew accomplished and really proud of them.


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Pluck flaps around, somehow he has acquired a miniature pirate hat. SQWAK! All thanks to Captain Pluck! Sqwak!


Female Human Pirate (5)

"Hey Noonan. Teach your bird some manners or I'll tell Fishguts to buy a bottle of good wine an set Coq au Vin on the menu." Besmara replies to this blatant attempt to steal her fame.


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

Estelle relaxes some as her cap'n and the other exchange words, she keeps her eyes on the men on both sides watching for something.

"This could still go sour, but I be trustin' Besmara"

Once Flips shows up with the rest of the crew Estelle intervenes, keeping them back while the exchange happens.

"Flips we be having some extra plunder, ye know about the siege weapons on boats? I need ye to come with me on the morrow, I be needin' yer expertise on what we should be puttin' on the boat."


HP 14 l AC 15 (FF 13, T 12)l F +3 R +4 W -1 l Ini 2 Perc +4

Flips looks taken a back at what Estelle is saying.

"I ... ye I do... How did ye... What time?"

Flips smiles a little at being called an expert, sheathing his dagger.

"She needs me help? I thought the wench knew it all, well we'll get some big ole ballista that can take down any ship."


Narrator

All have a good time together until it gets late when Pegsworthy excuses himself and returns with his men to his ship. "We'll leave and stay on the ship until your squib is done. We might come back for some grocery shopping but besides that we'll stay out of your hair. Just send word when the christening is about to happen."

And there was evening, and there was morning - a new day.
the offer for going fishing still stands.


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

After supper Estelle and Owlbear head to the docks looking for something to do.

"Ye ever do any fishin'? Me Dad was good at it but I neer was, mum always hated it."

Estelle hands Owlbear a rod that is by the docks.

so straight wisdom rolls since profession is wis based?

Fishing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


HP 29 l AC 14 (T 9, FF 14) l F +5 R 0 W -1 l Ini -1 Perc -2 Current 22/29 l Melee Club +6 (1d6+3)

Owlbear just looks at the fishing rod, never have been one for collecting or doing much other than fighting.

"Me grew up big and strong, fought children and fought men. Captured by big cap'n and brought on ship to beat up new crew."

Owlbear sit down beside Estelle casting his line out like she did.

Fishing: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Noonan fishes as well.
Fish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

Trytotn decides to mess with his team mates somewhat, and dives into the water out of sight, swims to the pier, ties Owlbear's and Noonan's lines together, and picks one at random to pull on.


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Noonan pulls! I got one!


HP 29 l AC 14 (T 9, FF 14) l F +5 R 0 W -1 l Ini -1 Perc -2 Current 22/29 l Melee Club +6 (1d6+3)

Owlbear pulls as well.

"Me got one, what me do?"


Melee:
Atk +9 Dmg 1d8+4; 1d4 bleed l Flurry +7/+7 (Boar style +2d6 rend if both hit) l CMB +9 (+12 to trip) CMD 21 (24 vs trip)
Stats:
HP 45 l AC 17 (FF 15, T 12) l F 6/R 5/W 3 l Ini +5 l Perc +10
Current:
4 temp con dmg (30/30 HP) l Martial Flexibility 5/5 day l 32/38 HP l Knockout (DC 16) 1/day

"Pull you big dolt, maybe the Cap'n will give us a special reward if we can catch more than Trytton this time."

Estelle moves over to help Owlbear.

Str Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Narrator

As Trytton swims through the water and has fun at the expense of the others a really hungry creature swims up behind him.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5
Fort Save DC 19 vs oison; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Con damage; cure 2 saves.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) DC 16:
A young water naga wants to eat you.


Male Gillman Water Kineticist 2 ____ 34 HP

All Saves
Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Con Dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Con Dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Con Dmg: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

As Trytton gets bitten he swims away, as quickly as he can to the bank where he will try to get out of the water as quickly as he can as well


Narrator

No calling for help? No warning the others?


Male Human Barbarian4 40/44 HP F6R4W5AC16/T12/FF14 Per+8 Rage: AC14/T10/FF12 HP 46/52 DR/2 Init+2

Urrr.. What is happening here? Noonan looks at his tangled line.


Human Male Gunslinger (Buccaneer) 4: AC 16 (Touch 14, Flat 12), HP 49/49, Init +6, Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +1, Perception +8, Grit 4/4

Jarrus watches those fishing from the at the docks. Finds himself a shady spot and relaxes for the time being. Thinking life is good right now. And laughs to himself seeing what Trytton is doing to Noonan and Owlbear.

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,108 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skulls & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.