Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Skull & Shackles: AP #55 - 60 (Inactive)

Game Master ThatEvilGuy

A night of revelry at the Formidably Maid sees four unlucky patrons become the latest additions to the crew of the Wormwood. Will the newcomers thrive in their new positions or become food for the sharks?


501 to 550 of 697 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned sighs, sad that the redhaired priestess seemed to miss the fine points of his "weather" speech.

Well, looking death in the eyes makes a man thirsty for the simple pleasures of life. If you don't have any further use for me, Sandara my love, I'll get to know the crew.

He actually was trying to "influence" Sandara to share a night together, but he's not half the Don Juan he thinks he is.
Alchemical Bonus to Charisma: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fatigue duration in hours: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Constitution damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Fortitude to resist addiction, DC 5 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

If Jasmine strikes out on gaining an inroad with the master gunner, she will head to bed. The next day waking up early to review her spell book and head on deck early.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Lucky Ned spends a couple hours talking to the crew, telling stories about the Besmara's Smile, a pirate ship that wandered the southern seas, flying false flags to lure slaver ships. He tells about the time he flew a chelaxian flag and even had his crew wearing those high-collared officer uniforms the tax collectors!

So then his first mate comes walkin' outta quarters, one of those ridiculous bucket-like iron helms in his head. Only his head ain't in the right place, so he can't see s@#~. 'Baoss, I can't see s@@!', he says, right before walkin' headfirst into the mast. Then the whole crew burst out laughin', incluind Smiling Jack himself. Them slavers then think 'now that's weird' so one of 'em says: 'The horn goes in the back, sir!' and the first mate immediately replies with a muffled voice, 'That's wat ya mama said!'

Pause for laughter.

Needless to say a fearsome fight ensues, the most of which the first mate spends blunderin' about horning people to death!

He'll use his nighttime action to perform telling stories to the crew, trying to get on their good side. Perform (oratory) check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

The night almost over, Ned walks to the crew's quarters.

Tough crowd, huh? Half are 'ganged 'lubbers that want ta kill the crew in their sleep and the rest are heartless filthy bastards likely to do the same to the other half if only they could get away with it., he comments to the elf as he hoists his hammock to her side.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

"Just watch your back," pausing a second, "lots of hell'yuns on board and the crew is itching for entertainment, its been a 4 days since the last kneelhauling." rolling over in her hammock.


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

After downing his spirits, Amerdan approaches the carpenter-surgeon once more, empty cup of rum in hand. He sets himself down next to him and looks the man squarely in the eyes.

"I don't believe we got off the on the right foot earlier. I didn't mean to imply that you were unfamiliar with the herbs I mentioned, of course you are. I, however, know nothing of surgery and didn't want to ask to learn from you while offering nothing in return. I believe only in fair bargains. Is there anything I can offer you in return for a share of your knowledge?"

Can Amerdan use Sense Motive to get a hint of what might get him on the carpenter's good side?

Sense Motive check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Diplomacy check, Cha +0, circumstance +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned turns into his hammock, saying a few words to the back of the elf's head.

Heh, you strike out too, right? What's the problem, shark bit his worm out? With all due respect, you're five different kinds of pretty ahead from anything on this boat. If a woman like you lean'd on me like that I wouldn't be wastin' time tradin' words with a smelly scoundrel.

Then he turns sideways, closing his eye for the night.

Looks like Ned isn't getting so lucky after all.


Game Master
Jasmine Rose wrote:

Grog check for Jasmine, she spent her day influencing Ambtrose to loan her coin.

1/2 Effect rolls for Grog

[dice=Cha]1d2 Jasmine's eyes are bluer no an she even more flirtation. Her tatoo looks as if it is moving around, sweeping up her leg.

[dice=Fatigued]1d4 She is touch more tired from being the center of attenton

[dice=Con]1d2 but it not doing her much physical harm

[dice=Fort or Addition]1d20+0 and nobody need tocarry her off ot the hammocks as she has retained her wits about herself.

After her nightly consumption of her grog, Jasmine will get up and look for Riaris Krine – Master Gunner, peg leg, foul mouth, female with dark skin. Attitude - unknown. Jasmin would strike up a conversation with Riaris, flirting if it will work, batting her eyes, and letting her wind blows air look seductive.

[dice=DIPLO]1d20+6 Chaatting about places I've been and the fun that was had there. Apparently she doe not like me.

Maybe it was something you said, maybe it was something you did, maybe she's just had too much alcohol but the result of your conversation was her chasing you and threatening to kill you while a few fellow officers restrained her and calmed her down.


Female human NPC
Eddard "Lucky Ned" Sharp wrote:

Ned sighs, sad that the redhaired priestess seemed to miss the fine points of his "weather" speech.

Well, looking death in the eyes makes a man thirsty for the simple pleasures of life. If you don't have any further use for me, Sandara my love, I'll get to know the crew.

He actually was trying to "influence" Sandara to share a night together, but he's not half the Don Juan he thinks he is.
Alchemical Bonus to Charisma: 1d4
Fatigue duration in hours: 1d8
Constitution damage 1d3
Fortitude to resist addiction, DC 5 1d20+3

Sandara winks and blows him a kiss. "Aye, 'tis not a bad idea t'make yerself some friends aboard, s'pecially with the way Scourge was lookin' at ye earlier. Man is as easy t'read as the stars an' he don't like the cut o' yer jib." She blows some smoke into the air and waves at Ned merrily.


Game Master
Amerdan Stormspeaker wrote:

After downing his spirits, Amerdan approaches the carpenter-surgeon once more, empty cup of rum in hand. He sets himself down next to him and looks the man squarely in the eyes.

"I don't believe we got off the on the right foot earlier. I didn't mean to imply that you were unfamiliar with the herbs I mentioned, of course you are. I, however, know nothing of surgery and didn't want to ask to learn from you while offering nothing in return. I believe only in fair bargains. Is there anything I can offer you in return for a share of your knowledge?"

Can Amerdan use Sense Motive to get a hint of what might get him on the carpenter's good side?

Sense Motive check 1d20+2

Diplomacy check, Cha +0, circumstance +2 1d20+2

Habbly is deep in his cups and in the midst of a game of dice, but he seems much more patient now then he was earlier. "Word of advice, lad. If ye can keep from becomin' a sawbones, step away. Keep to yer herbs. Learnin' the tools can take months, a hard stomach and I don't have the time right now for an apprentice." he pauses for a moment. "Ye prove yerself a useful member of the crew, ye stay alive long enough an' ye show ye'd have the stomach fer it, I'll think on it, alright?"


Male human NPC

Day Five
Weather: Clear.
Course: Southeast of Dahak's teeth.

The fifth day rolls around and everyone is greeted by the sight of Master Scourge and a few of his cronies, Sy and Fipps, armed with truncheons. They move up to Ned and wakes him up rudely before he has a chance to escape sleep, flipping him out of his cot. "Awake ye lazy dog and on deck! MOVE MOVE MOVE!" he starts to bark at the newcomer, Sy and Fipps emphasizing the point by brandishing their weapons while Aretta and Jape make their way down the stairs and watch the group warily.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Startled awake, Hmmmmmmmmmm looks like this is Scourge's stardard morning after wake-up call for newcomers.Jasmine slides out of her hammock and grabs Flotsam. Careful to take wide berth from the crew with the truncheons.

Stirring Amerdan to his feet. "Come on... time to get on deck, Ned looks like he is about to get the wrath of the Scourge."


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

Amerdan nods, "Agreed."

The witch lets Habbly return to his game of dice and smiles to himself as he takes his leave, pleased that his persistence afforded him some small victory. When he returns to the hammocks, he finds that everyone else has already fallen asleep. The second his head touches the canvas hammock, Amerdan's lost to dreams of his own, the otter curled on his chest.

He awakes to Jasmine's prods the following morning, strangely alert, despite the rum's lingering effects on his constitution.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Seeing double for a second, Ned summons up all his willpower to hold whatever still holds in his stomach.

Well, good mornin' right back at 'ya, handsome. Oh sorry, handsome's not the word at all.

A half-second later he gathers his bearings and regrets the words that came out of his mouth.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro wakes to Scourge's greeting to Ned and slips off his hammock, almost ready to come to Ned's defense when he hears the words come out of Ned's mouth. He cringes and stays silent, slides around the group harassing Ned and runs up the stairs.

That one'd better learn to keep his mouth shut. He may have a smooth tongue with the ladies, but I doubt Scourge'll much appreciate it. I don't want to have to watch another keelhauling.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine watches Seijiro dart up the stairs. Ned will have his tongue removed by Scourge if he keeps it up. He may be the entertainment tonight...3 lashes?

She turns and makes her way up the stairs to the galley for her breakfast and assignment. Wonder what it will be today bilge duty, or messenger...or swabbing....or more rats?

Looking around at everyone on the deck, I need to get back a weapon or two today.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro slips up onto the deck and gets his breakfast in silence, finding the group he sits down and starts eating quietly except for a very soft and somber "G'mornin'."

Please, Ned, keep your tongue. I saved your sorry ass and now I'm responsible for your life. And I'm not ready to die for you or anyone just yet. But then, if they only flog you, it's nothin' ta me. I'm not responsible for your pain, only your life.

He smirks smugly to himself as he eats, then sighs softly.


Male human NPC

A dark look crosses Scourge's face as a burble of half-mad laughter escapes Sy's lips.

"Oh, a funny man are ye? We love funny men here, don't we, Sy?"

The deranged woman grins and nods before moving quick as a snake and swings her truncheon towards Ned's stomach. She manages to mistime the blow and it barely grazes him, doing no lasting harm.

Scourge spits in annoyance. "Three lashes fer insubordination, meat. Care ta make it six? Keep yer hole shut an' get on deck NOW!" The pirates flanking him and the ones in the doorway move forward, their intent to wrestle him up the stairs.

GM Rolls:
  • Sy attacks Lucky Ned: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned goes walking along, his hands up in the air as he demonstrates he's not a threat.

I deserved that. Bloody idiot mouth, this not the first time you get me in a situation like this.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine eats her breakfast quickly, keeping a eye on the crew, looking for Plugg. Her eyes scanning the faces of the crowd. Wonder what will happen to the Ned? Bet its lashes and entertainment for the crew at the Bloddy Hour. She looks for wooden material on the deck, or holds, that she can use as a quarterstaff.

Perhaps a perception or appraise check? Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 or Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 She does not have a craft skill.

After she eats, gets her daily assignment, Jasmine will go looking for Cut-throat to see about getting some equipment back.


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

Amerdan tries to keep his head down, especially considering the trouble Ned has gotten himself into. Like Jasmine, he eats, gets his assignment, and depending on its difficulty, he may or may not try to get in an extra action.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned walks to the deck, trying to think up some ways to avoid the inevitable.

Best I can do is prove meself valuable somehow. That won't prevent the lashes but at least they will think twice before killin' me. I hope.

Can Ned find one hour to prepare his spells?


Male human NPC

Ned is hustled on deck, flanked by the two goons and lead by Master Scourge. Mister Plugg, the ship's First Mate, is waiting with a cruel grin on his face.

"Well, looks like Besmara's delivered us a fresh crewman, nice an' healthy and ready to keep the Wormwood movin'. New blood to take the ballista an' enemy cutlasses when see sail." he laughs. "Yer in luck, there's just been an opening. Report to the galley cook's mate. Oh, an' 'Fishguts' ain't gonna be joinin' ya. I'll be keepin' an eye on ye instead." he says with a grin.

Ned, if you want to take the time to do that, you'll have to take the "shirk" ship action, which will also give you time to explore one area of the ship as well. Your job for the day is fishing for food (DC 10 Profession (fisherman) or Survival check). Because Kroop is out drunk for the day, you'll have to make all the preperations which imposes a -4 penalty on your check since Plugg is not going to help you. Furthermore, if you take any ship action other than working diligently, you automatically fail your check (working diligently only negates the penalty).

Amerdan is assigned rat catching duty (DC 10 Survival, Stealth or Dexterity check), Jasmine gets to swab the decks (DC 10 Strength or Constitution check; failure results in being fatigued), Seijiro is on line work today (DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check; DC 10 Constitution check to not be fatigued).

Once everyone makes their checks something breaks the monotony of the day.

During mid morning a commotion starts to break out on deck as Jack Scrimshaw rushes on deck to report something to Mister Plugg as Ned is fishing. The First Mate turns to Ned. "You, find Amerdan, Seijiro and Jasmine and report to the bilges. Somethin's been spotted there. You four are going to check it out."


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine groans, and not the type of groan "Unlucky Ned" would like to hear escape from her pouty lips. Jasmine moves down the stairs first to Grok's store to see if there is weapon to be had.

Jasmine will inquire about the cost for two daggers, Grok mentioned he had daggers yesterday - Get one for me and one for Amerdan that Sirijo seems to have a few already, - and if he had a club. She would try to negotiate the price down, if possible.

diplo w/o the trait modifier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

profession:sailor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

When he hears his name called, Seijiro comes over to find out what's going on. His heart sinks when he hears he has to go into the bilges, and that shows in the expression on his face. He reluctantly but obediently heads for the dreaded bilges.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned walks to the larder, complaining to himself.

I'd be of much better use rigging sails then cookin'. Mah cookin' is as liable to poison everyone as it's to feed'em. When they've spent a night hurdled on the poop deck they'll learn their lesson.

Ned has neither skill, so it's an untrained Wisdom check plus 4 from the "Work Diligently" and minus 4 since he has no help. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

*Phew* that was close!

Ned stands on deck most of the day, throwing nets and catching a few fish. The simple work feels almost familiar, and he remembers fondly the many months spent on fishing ship when he was young. He takes a full net to the kitchens, where he boils water and cooks them. The choicest fish go to the captain and his officers, cooked and presented with orange slices and potatos. He keeps one choice herring to himself, and the rest of the fish he cooks with flour and other spices into a thick broth.

During lunch he smuggles choice cuts of the lemony herring to Jasmine, Sandara, Seijiro and Amerdan.

Aye, sir! Checkin' it out!

He leaves a high pile of dishes for Kroop to clean out, washes his hands and goes to find the others.

To Jasmine he says: Move ya pretty ass, elf! Them brilliant minds thought of a new torture for us down at the binges!

Seijiro: Cheer up mate! I got ya back, remember? You took me outta water last night, saved me worthless life! Godsbedamned if I'm not gonna pay that back!

Amerdan:They're callin' for ya mate. We gotta get down in the binges and check for sumthin'.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Wonderful bilge duty again, don't forget to place yourself in harms way for me Ned" winking at him and teasing her bangs a bit. "I'll be joining you in few; first, I need to go by the quartemaster's shop. Looking at Ned's face, "Taking her herring, with an appreciative nod and a half smile.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro gives Ned a wry smile and claps him on the arm. "Thanks, but where I come from it don't work that way. You really owe me nothin', it was my pleasure. Still, I hate the bilges. Bad duty to pick up. I thought workin' as a rigger woulda saved me from this. Oh, well..."


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

Amerdan sighs, not really looking forward to harming animals, but as an herbalist, he understands the threat of disease that they present. He works diligently.

Dexterity check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

He nods a silent affirmative to Ned's request and joins the others within a moment's notice.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned reciprocates Seijiro with a smile and a clap in the back.

They keep throwing the worst jobs at us tryin' to test us and prove we're just idiot landlubbers. But you don't seem like one, you have the stink of a sea dog on ya jus' like meself. Whaddya say we get down there and prove'em wrong, huh?


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Sounds like a fine plan to me, tho searchin' the bilges for some threat or other doesn't sound like fun no matter what the outcome." He grins back at Ned and shrugs slightly.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Whaddya talkin' ' bout mate? It's a fun bonding experience, we're sure to emerge humbler and with a hardened character. Though prolly as dirty as Master Scourge's teeth and stinkier than his bottoms. Plus, we get to steal stares at the elf's female charms while we're at it. What's not ta like?


Game Master
Jasmine Rose wrote:

Jasmine groans, and not the type of groan "Unlucky Ned" would like to hear escape from her pouty lips. Jasmine moves down the stairs first to Grok's store to see if there is weapon to be had.

Jasmine will inquire about the cost for two daggers, Grok mentioned he had daggers yesterday - Get one for me and one for Amerdan that Sirijo seems to have a few already, - and if he had a club. She would try to negotiate the price down, if possible.

[dice=diplo w/o the trait modifier]1d20+5

As far as clubs go, you can find discarded timber in the holds that does the job just fine and you can purchase a pair of daggers from Grok for 2 gold pieces.


Game Master

The creak of the ship and muffled sounds of moving crew are the only things that break the silence as you open the hatch to the bilges with some effort (DC 10 Strength check). The smell is terrible, a horrific mix of brackish water, mould, urine and worse wafts up from the hold, and the few alchemical lanterns in the hold with you do little to pierce the gloom in the room below you. Worse yet, you can feel the oppressive sweltering heat of the bilges below, far worse than the sunny weather above.

The area below is 30 feet by 20 feet at the widest point, with a bilge pump directly 7 feet to the stern of the ship. 6 feet to the aft of the ladder is a piller. The floor is covered with a half-foot of foul smelling, brackish water and discarded crates and boxes packed with straw litter the area. Its easy to discern movement in the ripples of the water before entering as something, or somethings move about under the surface.

The bilges are considered very hot (environmental condition) at the moment.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine would give Grok 2Gp for both the daggers. She would pick up a club in the hold. Walking up to Amerdan Jasmine would hand him one of the two dagger. "Here figured you'd need this."


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

Seijiro climbs down into the bilge well, SOMEONE has to be first down. He tries to stand on one of the crates rather than down in the brackish foul water. Hopefully gets a better look at whatever is moving down there.

acrobatics if nec to stand on a crate 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

why am i reminded of that scene from Star Wars... except hopefully the sides of this bilge aren't going to start compressing the garbage and us


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Ned approaches the hatch and tries opening it.

Strenght check 1d20 ⇒ 1.

Err, gimme a lil help down 'ere, mate. It's a little stuck. Also, I think I pulled a muscle, must be still weak for all the swimmin' yesterday.

Ned then moves aside to let Seijiro or Amerdan open the hatch.

Besmara watch over us, don't let us poor sods get wasted on this menial task, for tomorrow may bring a sail on the horizon and plunder to our hold.

Ned will cast guidance on each of the party members.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

"don't be two babies, Amerdan and I were down there already. Nothing was attacking us. Besides, perhaps I'll clean you up if you are nice."with that she gives Ned a little push to help him along. Following after Seijio and Ned.

Turning to Amerdan, "You've spent a lot time down here, have you noticed anything swimming or crawling?" Flotsam you stay up at the hatch. Making small talk with Amerdan, "So does he have a name," pointing towards Amerdan's familiar.


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

Crap, that's a lot to catch up on!

Amerdan accepts the dagger from Jasmine with a white-toothed smile and a nod. The otter sniffs the dagger as he slips into his belt, since it no doubt smells better than his master does.

"Besides the poor soul that was tortured at our first Bloody Hour? No, nothing and no one."

Amerdan moves to help open the door, responding to Jasmine's second question as he does.

"I've been considering Boreas, after the northern wind."

Strength check 1d20 ⇒ 12

Character portraits don't lie. Amerdan is jacked for a witch with a 10 in Strength...if that's even possible.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine says, "We are going to wish we had a northern wind down there and the stink.:


Game Master

Seijiro's sharp eyes make out the form of around six creatures, around two feet long, that look like giant rats, moving in the water. They're attracted by the movement and light and start to converge on Seijiro!

Enemy Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Players can attempt a DC 10 Knowledge (nature) check to identify the creatures.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine's Know Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Pretty good roll.

Initiative, if DM doesn't roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Hey, its average.


Game Master

These are dire rats. The thing to worry most about these creatures are their bites, which can infect unlucky people with filth fever.

Filth Fever:
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 11; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex damage and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.


M kitsune rogue (pirate)/4; bard(sea singer)/2 AC18 (T 16, FF 12); HP 43/53; saves F +2, R +12, W +4; bab: 4; melee 4(+9), ranged +9; CMB 4, CMD 20; speed 30; init +5(+7); perc +9(11)(+13)

init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Godsdamned bilge rats!

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Jasmine will turn to her bilge companions and state, "Do not stand within a five foot radius of me, it will be an electrifying and dazzling experience for you if you do." A small wicked smile on her face.


Male Human Sea witch 1, Init +2, AC 12, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

With three punctuated, sharp gestures and a deep intake of breath, Amerdan opens his mouth and emits the sound of a deep, tremulous thunder.

Amerdan casts ear-piercing scream at the nearest rat.

Rat needs to make a Fort save DC 15 to negate the dazing and halve the following sonic damage:

1d6 ⇒ 6

SWEET.


Male Human Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Aren't ya already dazzling enough, love?, Ned japes as he maneuvers around the rats.

Waiting on the rats to act first.


Game Master

Initiative Order:
Amerdan, Jasmine, Seijiro, Dire Rats, Lucky Ned

Amerdan's scream ripples through the dire rat but it manages to shake off the majority of the spell, though not without suffering agony (3 points of sonic damage).

6 dire rats still remain, 1 has taken 3 points of damage. .

DM Rolls:
  • Dire Rat Fort Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

501 to 550 of 697 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.