Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Skull and Shackles PBP

Game Master Jason Lillis

The Skull and Shackles Adventure Path!


301 to 350 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas will go to bed early, so as to rise early to prepare spells for the day.


@Octavia - "Owlbear", as you overhear him called, grunts and makes low whooping noises as you approach (clearly a creature of low bearing). When you remove the bits of your disguise, however, he takes quite an interest in staring at you, moving to the end of the chains that bind him to the mast. When you first talk to him, he merely bleats out a series of nonsense phrases, puffing out his chest, shaking his chains in display of strength. When you sing, he stops to listen. When you ask his name he grunts, "Olber", thumping his chest. He makes no attempt to explain where he is from, but instead simply sits down, as though he has lost interest for now. 
Improved to indifferent. Nice roll!

@Lazha - The other sailors around you look at you in alarm, and Scourge's neck whips around to find out the source of the call. Though his eyes narrow when he locks onto your face, he does not do anything for now.
Badger is a little shake by your proclamation, but nods. "Cheliax be long gone in my mind, but still a fair memry. Ifn I learned anythin on this tub, is that ya need t' set the righ tone wi' folks, don jus bash em up. Take tha one," she points to Syl, "Might wanna try yer luck gainst her in a game er two. Need some coin t' bet? Jus let me know, and I'll spot ya a crown er four."
Attitude = Helpful

@Mithas - You sleep well and comfortably.

Sorry for missing yesterday, Paizo site appeared to be down. Will post more tomorrow re: the next morning.


After a successful evenings conversations and rest you each wake in the morning...

Mithas 1d3 ⇒ 1
Octavia 1d3 ⇒ 2
Lazha 1d3 ⇒ 3

...Mithas, you wake feeling rather ill...
Mithas Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
...but manage to keep your stomach from convulsing overmuch.

At breakfast, Jack Scrimshaw also joins your group of friendly sailors.

Friendly Pirates:

-Barefoot Samms Toppin
-Tilly Brackett
-"Badger" Medlar
-Sandara Quinn
-Rosie Cusswell

There are a couple others milling about, quickly swallowing their breakfasts without choosing a seat.

Spoiler:

-Giffer Tibbs
-"Ratline" Rattsberger

Your group gets a series of glowers from those clearly disfavored with your presence on the ship.

Hostile Pirates:

-Aretta Bansion
-Fipps Chumlett
-Jaundiced Jape
-Maheem
-Slippery Syl Lonegan
-Tam "Narwhal" Tate
-Shivikah
-Crimson "Cog" Cogward
-Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone

Conversation is reasonable with your group for the most part, but you notice Master Scourge at one point go and speak with the other more hostile pirates. At his words, they all give a great sneer your direction, and a few laugh outright.

"Right then!" Mr. Plugg bellows. "Riggers, to line work! Swabs - mops and holystones! Get to work!"

@Octavia and Mithas - You may proceed with your choice for daytime actions and work rolls.

@Lazha, when you arrive in the kitchen, Kroop is out cold, his black rooster pecking at his shirt, an empty bottle of rum next to his hand. Mr. Plugg walks in behind you, snorts and gives the bottle a small kick. "Get yer fishing nets, we'll need more t' eat soon enough."


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

"Aye sir."

Lazha drags the unconscious cook back to his hamm,ock, then goes and fetches her nets. If Mr. Plugg is still there to give instructions, she listens to those, otherwise she heads to the little boat, planning to do the same as she had done last time.

I've a bad feeling about this. But I'm probably just being a worrier, as usual.

Before she actually gets into the boat, though, she examines the nets, just in case they need mending, or have been tampered with.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

STR Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 oh boy! I guess menial labour is not Octavia's thing

During the day Octavia will engage Rattsberger about the weather and then about life in the shackles. She'll even try and tell a crude joke she heard once.

Influence Check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 But influence seems to be


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas will work diligently swabbing the decks,

Con check:1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 4 = 22

and appears to be getting the knack for it.


@Lazha - The nets appear to be in reasonable order, but then you've only done this once. You may proceed with fishing, or not, as you choose. Profession(Fishing) or Survival checks to fish, Profession[Cook] or Intelligence checks to make the meal.

@Octavia - As you work away, Samms, Tilly, and Badger pitch in to help make sure you don't pass out from your exertions.
When you have a few free moments to catch the halfling Rattsberger, he laughs at your joke. The weather is fairly normal, which he appreciates for line work. "Rain really messes with us when we're doing this." He shrugs when you ask about the Shackles. "Don't know much else for life. I've been on... four ships now? Five? They blend together over the years. What of you? Too dandy of a man to be from the docks, ain't ya?"
Attitude improved to Helpful. Good rolls![/dice]

@Mithas - Sandara works alongside you, scrubbing with the holystone as you work. "Guess I havn' asked how ended up here. Elves are rarer in these parts, though there are some here on the islands."

------

At the end of the work day, there are few punishments to hand out. However, Jericho doesn't appear to have fared well, even in the relatively mild weather, and appears to be quite tired as two other sailors pull him up to the mast for a lashing by Master Scourge.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15, 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
He nearly collapses completely, but manages to keep standing and stumble away from the mast.

Shortly after, the bell is rung for the evening meal. [ooc]Provided @Lazha was successful at catching fish and preparing them.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

My diplomacy tends to be my saving grace so far lol

When asked the question by Rattsberger Octavia will laugh in her hardiest manly laugh and say "No not the docks, and not much of a sailor either but this is where life has taken me and we'll see where the wind blows."


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha goes fishing in the skiff.

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Well, that doesn't look like many fish.

Lazha does her best to extend the fish she does catch into a meal. Maybe I can use some of the leftovers from the night before?

Intelligence check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

@Sandara: "I'm an explorer of sorts. We elves abandoned much when we fled at the Skystone's coming and most of it still lies lost and unclaimed. I heard of some ruins in the region that piqued my curiosity and was to meet with a contact with some information when I was so rudely kidnapped."

He shrugs, "Those ruins have lain forgotten for thousands of years. They will still be there, once this minor inconvenience has ended."


@Lazha - You make a valiant attempt at cooking, but with the shortage of fresh contents and the scrapings of the previous evenings stew, the taste of poorly preserved leftovers is obvious to the crew. As you dole out portions, you are at the receiving end of a couple swings of heavy rope.
Swing 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3, 1 HP damage on hit.
Swing 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9, 1 HP damage on hit.

-----

@Mithas - Sandara cocks her head to the side. "So you have no idea where these ruins might lie? A pity, sounds a terrible waste!"

-----

That evening, as you are all about the main deck after dinner, Mr. Plugg steps up from the hold with a pack of cronies, leading Owlbear Hartshorn in their midst. He walks up to your group of friendlies and gives a wide grin. "Haven't had a bit o' sport in a while, too contained a crew! What say you, one o' yours willin' to try 'is - or 'er - luck against Owlbear here?" He levels a hand towards Owlbear, "Bare fists or wrestling only, no weapons," then drops a clinking purse to the ground. "100 God Sails to the one o' you who can take 'im down. Game?"


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

"ah?"

Octavia turns to the other two and looks a bit dumbfounded...

"Well I guess we need to decide, I don't think Mithas is up for a fist fight, don't mean to offend you Mithas but I'm not sure you'd have a chance. So that leaves Lazha the cleric or me, Antonius...the swordsman..." She looks at Lazha with wide eyes. And then looks back at Owlbear.

"You know...I'm actually okay with giving this a go unless you want the fight Lazha?"

Well this could be interesting, maybe an opportunity to let my Half-Orc side out in a fight or see just how much Owlbear remembers of our conversation last night.

I take it we are assuming that Jericho is no longer here and therefore the obvious choice is gone?


Jericho has taken a lot of nonlethal damage from the whipping and is fatigued, but is still in the area if one of you would like to roll for him and his tactics during a fistfight.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this cook business. I can't even pretend this is any good.

As bad as the food was, Lazha was still surprised at the attempted attacks on her. She scrutinized the crew trying to figure out who might have swung the rope at her.

Perception check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 if this is even possible

Lazha stares grimly at Plugg and the large man he brings on deck. Always upping the stakes, aren't you. One of these days you'll lose, and lose big. But I don't know that that'll be today.

"Antonius, if you feel like doing this, I'm not going to say no. Most of my tricks won't work one-on-one. Besides I might bite him if I get desperate." She pauses, then asks, "Are you feeling in top shape? Do you need any healing before the fight?"


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Octavia, since you're doing the fight anyway, if you'd rather use Jericho, let me know and I'll do some healing on him first.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Ya, Mithas isn't really built for fisticuffs.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Tough call, I'm not sure how this will affect my relationship with owlbear long term...but yeah I think Octavia wants to test her metal so she'll agree to the fight.

GM - Would using my bardic abilities, Bardic performance: inspire courage, be allowable in a fist fight? To the NPCs it might just apear as though I'm singing while I fight wouldn't it?

"Lazha, I think I have a plan, besides I'm sick and tired of this moustache...she winks at Lazha. I think I could use a bit of healing first if you don't mind"

Octavia is down a few non-lethal still I think

After Octavia is healed by Lazha she'll walk forward, trying to appear as calm as she can but really her heart is pounding in her chest.

"I'll take you up on that offer sir!" She says as she un-buckles her weapon belt and tosses her rapier and daggers to Lazha.

Glad I have my leather armour back, I wonder how this is going to end?


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

"Very good...Antonius."

Lazha winks back. She channels energy twice.

Channel 1:1d3 ⇒ 3 healing
Channel 2:1d3 ⇒ 2 healing


Bardic Performance is fine, and yes, it'll definitely be a dramatic flourish to sing opera while fist fighting. fists continue to deal Nonlethal, but I'll give you the point in bonus damage as NL damage.

When Antonius steps forwards and Lazha gives off the bursts of energy - blood trickling down her hands - the deck goes quiet for a moment, then explodes with commotion as bets are made, odds are set (3:1) and Owlbear bangs his fists together and steps forward.

Octavia - Make a perception check, initiative, and one round of actions.
Mithas and Lazha - if you'd like in on the betting, you are welcome to do so, in addition to one round of actions.

Plugg bellows a laugh, then calls out "Well and good! A taker! No outside help, and I'll be keeping a sharp eye to make sure!"


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
perception Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Move Action: Octavia with a flourish tosses her tricorn hat aside and pulls off her fake moustache. And in one quick motion tosses her coat aside on to the deck.

Standard Action: As she reveals her identity she begins to sing a dark and foreboding Operatic war chant written by the Chelish composer Vansangar. The song begins low but builds in intensity as it goes on. Inspire Courage: Bardic Performance

New Picture of Octavia


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

"I bet this dagger on Octavia!" Lazha indicates her standard dagger (not the silver one). "She's going to take the Owlbear apart."

It would probably be smarter to bet against her -- she'll get plenty of coin if she wins, after all. But it's more important to make a show of confidence, win or lose.


And an ethereal choir of electric guitars chime in with a wail before the infernal drums rise up from the deep...

@Octavia - In the moments after your revelation, there is first, stunned silence, second, a sudden uproar of cat-calls and cheers as the bets are renewed - the odds are now 4:1 that Owlbear will be the victor, a chance for you all to make some serious money. In this confusion, @Octavia, you notice something interesting: Owlbear's left eye appears to not be functioning. You are fairly sure that you might be able to dodge or feint that direction to avoid some of his attacks.

Owlbear Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

He looks confused when you start singing, but bangs his fists together and aproaches, taking a swing.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5. Knowing what you know about the eye, you can make an Acrobatics or Bluff check to try and avoid it.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Remembering what her Half-Orc household guard taught her about fighting when she was young, who as it turns out was actually her real father, she decides to try and take full advantage of Owlbears deficiency...because if she doesnt she is certain this fight won't last long.

I don't have to try and dodge that last blow do I? Because it didn't hit my AC

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

+1 attack and dmg for performance


No, if it misses, no need to try and dodge.

Owlbear isn't the fastest, and the cheers lull for a moment when your fist connects solidly with his face, only to be redoubled a moment later. Owlbear shakes his head, focuses his eye on you, and launches a punch.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

You can make an attempt to dodge.
Status: Owlbear -5 NL, Octavia TBD.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Ugh! yeah lets see if I can dodge that...

Feint attempt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Oh my goodness, oh my goodness...that just happened!

Octavia feints left out of his vision and then back giving her just barely enough room to dodge Owlbear's meaty fist.

Ah! what have I gotten my self into!

She throws a punch at Owlbearss side as hard as she can as she picks up the tempo of the song.

Punch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
DMG: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Wow, that was impressive. There's obviously a lot more to Octavia than she's been letting on.


Sorry team, big family party this weekend and 7th wedding anniversary today. Will post more in a bit.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

No worries. Real life trumps gaming any day.


Owlbear reels from your attack, confused as to how his punch did not hit, and totters a moment before Plugg unexpectedly bellows, "Owlbear, catch!" and tosses a club - from Owlbear's good side - into the ring where Owbear can snatch it, then turn it on Octavia!

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Status: Owlbear -9 NL, Octavia TBD.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Bluff Attempt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Okay! not sure if that is good enough for a feint but I sure hope so!

Ocatavia tries desperately to avoid the club by feinting to Owlbears bad side again...I hope he doesn't catch on too fast

If she dodges or not she'll try to kick Owlbear in the knee.

Kick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
DMG: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Seeing Plugg trying to cheat, Mithas tries to even the odds. Fading back a bit he casts Grease on the club.

For what it's worth: Stealth:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Grease:
School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (butter)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one object or 10-ft. square
Duration 1 min./level (D)
Save see text; SR no
The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.

TLDR: DC15 Ref save or drop club, need to make the save each round to pick up or use club.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

If Octavia was hit by the club and Owlbear doesn't drop it, then Lazha will look for an opportunity to cast Murderous Command on Owlbear. She only wants to cast it if the closest person to Owlbear is Plugg. Or, if Plugg is staying safely back in the crowd, she would settle for the closest person being one of the four thugs who attacked us earlier.

Murderous Command:
School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]
Level antipaladin 1, cleric/oracle 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one living creature
Duration 1 round
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
You give the target a mental urge to kill its nearest ally, which it obeys to the best of its ability. The target attacks its nearest ally on its next turn with a melee weapon or natural weapon. If necessary, it moves to or charges to the nearest ally in order to make this attack. If it is unable to reach its closest ally on its next turn, the target uses its turn to get as close as possible to the ally.

That's a DC14 Will Save if it comes to that.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Actually, I've had second thoughts. I want to hold off on Murderous Command a little while longer, but I do want to be prepared to cast it if Plugg intervenes further.


Sorry, web went down at home and work the last day or som construction on both.

The club just manages to clip you in the shoulder, sending you spinning back a step or two. Your return kick does catch him in the knee, and he bellows a bit. When he raises his hand...

Reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

...and the club goes flying from his hand. The confused Owlbear looks at his hand, then steps back into a defensive posture.

Plugg's head whips around and he sees Mithas lowering his hands from casting. "That'll be lashes fer you tomorrw, ELF!"

Scourge scuttles over and picks up the downed club, apparently ready to toss it into the fight again.

[ooc]Status: Owlbear -12 NL, Octavia -5 - TBD.


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Ref save for Scourge to pick up the club.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha will maneuver around to be between Scourge and Owlbear. If Scourge manages to pick it up and toss it to Owlbear, Lazha will try and knock it down . If Scourge can't pick up the club, Lazha will kick it away into the crowd. Either way, as she acts she will say, "Hey, I've got money on this fight. No cheating!"


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Oh goodness, that hurt. Is it my turn or is it Owlbears round?


Oof, right, Scourge would need to scramble with it: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.

@Octavia - Yes, your turn.

@Lazha - After Octavia's turn, Scourge would try to do so. Make a CMB roll or
DEX check.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Octavia grimaces in pain but finds resolve she didn't know she had and goes for an upper cut while Owlbear is distracted.

Come on you brute, fall already...

Punch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha flails her arms and tries to intercept the lazy toss, or it least deflect it to Owlbear's bad side.

"Hey, I've got money on this fight. No cheating!"

CMB check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Oh that'll go well...


The club sails towards Owlbear, who attempts to catch it right after Octavia's punch lands solid on his chin.

[ooc]Reflex vs Grease: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

But it slips through his hands. This, plus the last punch cause tears to begin streaming from his eyes, and he starts backing away from Octavia.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Seeing Owlbear falling back Octavia has a twinge of regret and pity for the man but knows that she would be shown no mercy. She moves in for what she hopes will be the "kill." She continues to sing as she presses in.

Holding her fists up in a classic guard position, ready to feint and weave if she has to Octavia attempts to deliver a one two punch.

Punchs: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Dmg: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Each blow lands, and Owlbear howls out in pain and distress. He comes back into the fight with a fury, swinging hard...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Yikes! Rolling to confirm...
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Missed on the crit. Roll to dodge or feint, if you like.


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Hmm..that's disappointing, I must have almost had him...I don't believe I am able to dodge him seeing as the best I can get is a +3. His damage will be enough to knock me out and cause 3 lethal damage. Anyway here is the roll.

Feint attempt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


You were very close! He had 4 HP to go, one tough foe for toe-to-toe fighting.

Octavia slumps to the ground, and Sandara is immediately summoned over by Plugg to administer healing to both Owlbear and Octavia.
2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
She waves your small cohort of allies over to help pick up Octavia and refresh her.

Any bets are squared away amongst the crew, and Plugg approaches Lazha: "I'll be hanin' the dagger, then, miss!"

Sandara gathers the three of you together. "You put on a good fight... miss... Well, what am we to call you now? Antonius doesn't seem to fit any longer."


Female Half Orc Diva 1, HP 9/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 14, Touch 12, Flat 14, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

"Names Octavia." She says with a sigh and a wince, "Thanks for getting me back on my feet, and thank you two for putting your necks on the line for me. Glad I have friends on this boat." She nods at Mithas and Lazha.

After she's up and at it Octavia will head to bed to recover. She'll sing herself to sleep.


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

"Of course, sir." Lazha hands Plugg the sheathed dagger, hilt first. "Bringing a club to a fist-fight doesn't quite seem sporting, though. Or was that the point?"

After that Lazha will check on Octavia, to make sure she was all right after the fight. Then she'll take Badger up on her offer of a bit of coin to use as a wager, and will look around for Slippery Syl.

"Haven't seen you around, hon. Are you feeling all right? I've missed our talks, and your sparkling personality." Lazha grins slyly. I don't even think I'm being sarcastic, either.

"I've a bit of coin burning a hole in my pocket. I don't s'pose you'd be interested in a game of hog lob, with a wager on the result? Or maybe a wrestle?"


Half-orc Inquisitor 2 AC 17/12/15 / HP 16/16 / F +6 R +3 W +6 / Init. +6 / Perc. +7 / Sense Motive +8

Mithas will spend the evening grumbling about Plugg and his pitting the crew against each other.

"If you can't count on your crew mates who can you count on?", is his prevailing sentiment.
He is not particularly concerned who hears it, or if it makes its way to the powers that be, since he is due for the lash tomorrow anyways.


Sorry team, work really beat me up the last couple days.

@Lazha - Plugg simply takes the dagger with a wicked grin and puts it into his belt. "Alls fair when yer the one holdin' the cat," he replies.

Syl scoffs, "Lookin' t' make bake a bit after yer friend got clobbered by the Owlbear? All right then, hog lob, less y' want t'see more blood tonight."

You will each get 5 tosses, winner is best of those 5. Make a d20 strength check or Knowledge (Engineering) check for your score. You have a loan of 15 gp to work with for now.

@Mithas - Sandara steps up next to you when she overhears your grumble. "Their plan seems to count more on our fear of death than our desire for freedom." She lowers her voice and continues, "But know that if a moment comes, many of us stand against many others. Keep bringing more to our side, if you can."


Female Half-Orc Cleric 1, hp 9/9, AC 10, touch 10, flat 10, F +3, R +0, W +5, Init +0, Perc +3

Lazha wagers 8 gp on these tosses.

Strength Check #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Strength Check #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Strength Check #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Strength Check #4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Strength Check #5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It takes her a few throws to get the hang of it, but at least one of them carried pretty well.

301 to 350 of 382 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skull and Shackles AP - Gameplay (Est. 5 / 26 / 2012) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.